Undead Apocalypse [Inactive]

Music Maniac

Music Master
Look! The final 6 winners. This is the biggest moment in our history. People have been hunting for a way to travel to different time-periods for hundreds of years. Wish them good luck, and may there journeys be safe.

They stepped in a room covered in the brightest of white. The large door sealed behind them, enclosing the 6 people away from the world. In front of them were six chairs. They sat down in them and a loud speaker came on.

"Here you are, my precious subjects. I am so glad to see you all today." A translator for all of their languages repeated.

"I hope you enjoy yourselves. Too bad we can't bring any recording devices into the future with you guys to see if it works..." Then energy rings bound their bodies to the chair.

"You might feel, a tingling feeling as your bodies get sucked through this portal into another time dimension. Have fun!"

Last edited by a moderator:
A wave of something Rena could not quite describe crawled across her skin, tapping each of her suddenly sensitive nerve endings. However, in an instant it was gone, leaving her in a state of temporary numbness as her body quickly got over the strange sensation.

She opened her eyes, having not realized she had closed them, and looked around her. Instead of the stark whiteness of the time machine room from before, all she could see was dark gray. She stood up, having been sitting on the floor, and noticed that cracks and smudges littered the tiled ground.

This wasn’t quite what she expected, but maybe they had just gotten unlucky and woke up in an abandoned building or something. She smiled in anticipation, trying to imagine what the futuristic world outside would be like, but first she glanced over the rest of the room to see if the other winners were awake.

Adarian groaned as he tried to stand up. His back ached and he had a massive migraine. "This place looks like a garbage dump. What the hell happened, Where are the lights and the bright colors. The flying cars, and where are all the people?"

"So, how many of you speak English, or, well, American?" he looked at the other winners, seeing that they weren't that bad of a bunch. He could actually be friends with them. Acquaintances nevertheless. However, he won't hesitate to kill any of them, but it shouldn't come down to that. inside he really is a nice guy.

"I speak fairly good English." Rena spoke up, although the words were lilted with a Greek accent. She had taken several courses of English back in college, so it took her a moment to remember how to formulate the words, but the language returned to her easily enough.

"Well Hi, I'm Adarian. Don't freak out if you recognize me. There was a reason I killed him." He looked back on the day. Kicked out of the Orphanage helping program. It wasn't his fault. "How about you guys? You probably don't understand me, do you?"

"Place looks nice doesnt it?" He paused, hoping for a laughter. "Well, I don't know about you, but this isn't exactly what i signed up for.

Nagisa got up slowly after the two did, groaning, she pushed herself up from the ground and blinked, her consciousness coming back slowly...

"Am I dead?", she asked, brushing herself off. "This isn't what I was expecting, or hoping... You think everything's fine?", she asked, a slight worry on her now sweaty face. Nagisa looked like she was fighting the urge to collapse, and she was shaking lightly.

"I'm sure it is." Rena said, trying to keep her voice cheerful. In truth, she wasn't sure what to think yet. This definitely was not what she had expected.

Nagisa mumbled to herself, she then collapsed on her knees, panting and shaking more.

"Naze watashi wa kono tame ni sain appu shita nodesu ka?", she said aloud, face palming and wiping her hand on her clothes. She ripped out a box of pills from her purse and swallowed a long orange one, sighing.

Rena walked over to Nagisa, noting that she had taken a pill. She believed she recognized the type of medication, but the other had taken it so fast she couldn't be sure. "Are you alright?" she asked.

"Panic attacks mixed with a bit of heart failure, nothing to worry about", she said sarcastically. She sighed and started laughing.

"Well at least I might die knowing I went into the future for a change...", she said, looking up at her and smiling, she then wiped her head of sweat again.

Adarian heard a couple of gunshots and and a scream far out in the distance. "Woah." He put his hand in the inside of his jacket, pulling out a revolver. "Hmm... I don't suppose either of you want to check it out, do you?"

"I-..I-", Nagisa started, shaking insanely fast, she wrapped her arms around herself to slow her body down, but she was still shaking.

"I can check it out", she said, biting her lip as one of her right arms accidentally bumped into a crate in the room the group was in.

"Are you kidding? We could die not knowing what is going on, or we could live by finding someone who will tell us what's going on." Trying to be calm, he started walking leaving the rest behind.

As much as she disliked the idea of deliberately going out into danger, she didn't want to be left alone in the building either. "Alright...I'll catch up with you in a minute. I need to look around in here first." she decided. Unlike him, she didn't have a weapon on her. Hopefully she would be able to find something in here.

Nagisa crawled on all fours behind him, looking somewhat like a lost, scared kitten. Her shaking made it look like a kitten that might have been hit by a car as well.

"I'll come..", she said with a shaky voice, but then she considered Rena's words.

"Actually I'll keep Ryou company...", she said with a smile... Did she really just name Rena Ryou?

Rena tilted her head at the other's use of a different name, but decided not to comment on it. She went over to the shelves and boxes that lined the walls. "This must have been a warehouse. Maybe you can find something good in here too." she told Nagisa.

"Okay..", Nagisa said, getting up whilst shaking, but she stopped as she stood.

Nagisa then quickly started bouncing around the warehouse, looking for something useful. She scrambled through crates, shelves, and anything else.

"Uh....", Nagisa said, backing away from a corner surrounded in boxes.

"Ryou....", she said, a shaking ripple of fear in her voice.

After searching through a few boxes, Rena was satisfied to see a stocked medical kit sitting inside. She recognized the supplies inside, although they had different packaging from what she was used to. That was to be expected, since they were in the future.

Rena turned when she heard Nagisa's scared voice. "Hm? What's wrong?" Rena asked in confusion.

Ugh. Am I really going to have to protect these guys? "Fine, stay here. Hope it's safe." He opened the rusted door and walked cautiously taking in the rundown city.

The air was harder to breathe in, lots of pollution had inflamed his lungs. He held in the urge to cough so he doesn't give off his position. As he closed onto the target, the smell of rotten meat filled his nose. There was a trail of blood in which he followed. He saw the source of the smell. A beast you see only in movies. It was a walking corpse, feeding on the flesh of a human.

Nagisa backed up, picking up something... A body?

She turned and was carrying the dead body of a little girl, and it was fresh. She even had a bullet wound in the head... Nagisa's eyes started watering and she suddenly dropped the corpse and scurried to the corner the little girl was in, beginning to cry.

"What's wrong with the future?", she said, sobbing.

Grabbing the medical kit and a small knife that was inside the box--not that she knew how to use one, but it was better than nothing--Rena rushed over to the body. She swallowed thickly to keep down the bile that rose in her throat. Being the daughter of a doctor, she had seen plenty of injuries, but it was still so terrible to look at.

She tore her gaze away from the corpse and went over to Nagisa. She crouched down next to her and patted her back in a comforting gesture. "How about we go see where Adarian went?" she suggested, wanting to get Nagisa and herself away from the body.

Nagisa sobbed and turned to nod, smiling, yet she still looked terrified, as if she'd been reminded of something.

"Okay Ryou...", she said, suddenly hugging her quickly and then pulling herself away. She got up and used the wall as an aid, as her legs felt weak.

Rena patiently walked beside Nagisa, not wanting to push the other too much. When they finally made it outside, she looked around. Hery eyes widened at the destruction around them. "Adarian?" she called out.

He aimed his gun precisely. Dead shot in the center of the eyes as if he shot from point blank. Afraid something may have been drawn to the gunshot, he rushed to the dead body the thing was feasting off of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back