• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Unbound (Skyrim RP w/ Dovahgirl)

Ora had quite a few arrows and a decent bow. Though when she went to go meet up with the others she saw a bear. She couldn't sneak past because she would make too much noise. Sneaking past people is easy but animals, not so much. Without thinking, Ora readied an arrow and shot it right into the bear's heart. When she went to retrieve her arrow she felt a breeze. Freedom. Wanting to leave as soon as she could, she left the arrow and ran towards the exit.

Vermundr shrugged as Ora killed the creature, and retrieved her arrow as she ran off. He collected the bear's claws and skinned it. Bear pelts could be worth some coin...

He ran to catch up with the woman, and he saw light coming from up ahead. He smelled the pine forests. He felt the icy air. He saw freedom.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Ora exited the cave she heard a roar and saw a shadow move past her. The dragon flew away. She was about to leave until Ralof stopped her. "You should come with me to Riverwood. I'll see if my sister can help us."

Ora nodded and let Ralof go ahead. She needed to talk with Vermundr. "Vermundr, right? I was wondering if you would like to accompany me on some adventures. Besides, if Imperials were to come after us then we would have each others back. It would be good to have someone I know I could trust."

Vermundr was happier than he ever thought possible to be back out in Skyrim's harsh cold. As he watched the dragon fly away, he silently thanked Talos for getting him out of there alive.

He grunted when she said his name, assuring her that she was correct. He listened to her proposal and thought it wouldn't be all bad to have a competent fighter by his side. It was a bonus that she was better looking than many women he knew as well. He stuck out his huge hand, to shake on it and seal the deal.

"I'd be happy to stick with you for a while erm... Ora...." He said, trying to remember her name. "But if we share the trouble, we're sharing the wealth, alright?"

Ora chuckled when Vermundr said they were going to share the wealth. She shook his hand and started to follow Ralof. "It wouldn't be fair if one of us got all the spoils while the other did work. I wouldn't want to be thieving from someone like you."

After awhile Ora decided to get to know her new partner. "So Vermundr. I heard you're from Whiterun. What's it like there?"

Vermundr talked quietly as they walked several yards behind Ralof.

"Ah... Whiterun. Its a grand place. Pride of Skyrim, they call it. For good reason to. Its home to many great warriors, and even better smiths. We oughta stop there after Riverwood for some supplies. What about you? Don't see too many Redguards around here..."

Ora heard 'Pride of Skyrim' and nearly chuckled but she didn't because she didn't want to offend Vermundr in some way. "I'm from Hammerfell. I used to travel all of Tamriel until I heard Skyrim had a problem with the worshipping of Talos. I may not be a Nord but I believe Talos deserves his place as a Divine. I was on my way to Windhelm to become a Stormcloak but when I saw Ulfric leave I decided to follow him and help with whatever he was doing, hoping to become a Stormcloak right then and there. You know the rest."

As they walked, Ora thought of something. Her family. "I hope my family is okay. They must be worried about me." She looked at Vermundr and realised his family must be worried too, that's if he even has family members. "What about you? You have any family that might be worried?"

Vermundr shrugged, his face showing no emotion as always.

"Not anymore. I only had my father growing up... Good man. He was always a sellsword, never content to sit at home. Some miners hired him to clear out a vampiric lair... and he contracted Sanguinari Vampiris. I woke up one day with him trying to rip my throat out. Had to kill him."

Throughout the entire miserable story, Vermundr's face never changed, seeming indifferent to the whole fact that he had to murder his own father as a boy.

Ora didn't say a word the entire time Vermundr told his story until the end. "Well that's terrible. I guess what needs to be done has to be done. Well at least not all vampires are blood thirsty monsters. Trust me, I have met a few who helped me in my travels." He showed no emotion during that. I thought he would've at least had a sad look on his face but he didn't.

Ora saw a town ahead of them and sighed. "We made it to Riverwood." She saw a shop and looked at Vermundr. "You go with Ralof. I need to check the shop real quick."

"Not to me. The only good vampire is a dead one."

As they finally got to Riverwood, he walked with Ralof to the mill, where he met his sister, Gerdr. Ralof told her of the dragon and how they escaped. Gerdr suggested that they go inform the Jarl of Whiterun. Vermundr left them to talk and went to the smith, browsing the blades he had for sale. He traded in his iron sword and most of his gold for a new greatsword, this one made of steel.

He thanked the smith and sat on the steps of the Riverwood Trader, waiting for the redguard woman to return and thinking about his past, still stoned faced as usual.

Ora walked into the Riverwood Trader and heard two people arguing. When she asked what happened she found out something was stolen. A claw made of solid gold. "I'll see if I can find it for you and bring it back." She left and saw Vermundr sitting on the steps. "Nice sword. I might get something for myself later but first I found out that something was stolen from here. A claw made of solid gold. I know where it's at if you want to get it and possibly some gold as a reward." She pointed up to Bleak Falls Barrow and smiled. "Nordic ruin. A good place to find some treasures. That's if you don't mind taking from your ancestors."

Vermundr stood up slowly, cracking his neck.

"If you feel like pissing off the dead, who am I to stop you?" He said, walking down the road slowly. "Lets go get rich, lady."

He looked up the mountain at the ruins. This was gonna be a long day...

Ora led the way and smiled. "Who doesn't like making the dead mad? If there is money in it then I'm going for it." She realised something and stopped. "We need to get new armor. We can't have guards seeing us in these. Depending on where we are, we might get in trouble." She quickly ran back to the Riverwood trader and came back out with four knapsacks. "We can put our stuff in these. I don't want to be carrying a small amount of stuff when I can be carrying a bunch of valuable stuff." When she got back to her place she handed Vermundr two knapsacks and continued going to Bleak Falls Barrow.

Vermundr took the sacks and hoisted them over his shoulder, walking down the road.

"Don't sweat it if people see us. Most I've met aren't too keen to attack a large man with a giant sword." He said smiling slightly.

As they walked, he took in the scenery around him. As violent as he could be at times, Vermundr still enjoyed to take time and enjoy the beauty Skyrim had to offer sometimes.

After a few minutes of walking in silence, his curiousity got the better of him.

"Where'd you learn to fight anyway? You're tougher than some of the damn companions!"

Ora looked at Vermundr and then his sword. "Well I wouldn't say that. Bandits will try and kill us no matter what. As soon as they figure out we have gold they will try to kill us and rob our corpses."

She chuckled when Vermundr said she was tougher then some Companions. "I learned to fight when I was a little girl. Other girls wanted to play games or have dolls while I wanted to kill. Thankfully my father was an Alik'r warrior so he taught me everything I know. Well he taught me after a whole month of begging." After a quick pause she spoke again. "I assume you being a Nord you are a born fighter. Am I right?"

Vermundr nodded.

"Had a sword in my hands almost before I could walk, my father being a sellsword and all. Old man taught me well... I was always the best student to... I loved training with him..."

His face was still steady, but deep in his eyes you could see sorrow and pain. He looked down for a moment, collecting his thoughts before they went down a depressing path.

"I was about 14 when he died... Eurland Grey-Mane pretty much took care of me after that, so I spent the next few years of my life training with the companions."

"Eurland Grey-Mane? You mean the greatest blacksmith in all of Skyrim? I would love to meet him. I've made some decent armor but nothing can compare to what he can do." Ora showed her passion of smithing right there by saying she wanted to see Eurland. Hopefully she could train under him one day.

As they walked Ora saw some bandits ahead of them. She didn't stop walking as she wasn't afraid. When the one leaning against the tree tried to attack her, she kicked his knee and turned him around while another bandit tried to shoot her but instead hit her bandit buddy. Ora then grabbed the iron war axe that was on the ground and threw it at the archer bandit. "Bandits are dumb."

"That's the one! He can work wonders with that Skyforge of his... Ill introduce you when we go to meet the Jarl about the dragon attack."

As Ora dispatched the bandits with brutal efficiency, one tried to sneak up behind Vermundr, putting him in a headlock. Vermundr flipped him over his head with ease, slamming the man spine first on to the hard ground before caving his head in with a firm boot. He was about to agree with her before another bandit ran in from the side, but was quickly put down with a firm fist to the nose.

"Damn criminals will never learn."

Ora looted some gold off the two bandits she killed and sighed happily. "I love the smell of gold." She also retrieved the arrows off the dead archer and then started to make her way to Bleak Falls Barrow. "I wonder what we'll find in this ruin. Treasure wise that is."

"I don't really know. I tend to stay away from those ancient ruins. Maybe find myself an ancient sword. Those older Nords sure knew how to craft a blade."

He continued walking, always staring up at the looming mountain.

"Ah. An Ancient Nordic weapon. I wouldn't mind getting me a bow. Anything better then this weak long bow." Ora saw Bleak Falls Barrow right ahead of them as they turned. "Well. Here it is. I wouldn't be surprised if some bandits already went inside. These kind of places tend to have treasures."

As soon as Ora finished her sentence, an arrow hit her in the chest. Thankfully her armor wasn't pierced otherwise she would've been dead. She saw the bandit and quickly shot an arrow right into the archer's chest. "Should've had better armor." A few seconds later more bandits started to charge at them. A few were archers while others were fighters. "Vermundr. You get the close up and I get the ranged support?"

He nodded and roared as he drew his sword, charging towards the bandits.

He took one down with a swift chop to the head, a chunk of his skull missing. Vermundr felt something hit his back, hard. He turned around, his armor undamaged. Before the bandit could react, he had a chunk of steel lodged in his abdomen. He screamed in agony as Vermundr ripped out his sword and kicked the man to the ground.

As he looked for his next target, an arrow struck him in the arm penetrating deep. Vermundr roared in pain, and ripped the arrow out, blood running from the wound.

Ora kept getting hit by arrows but thankfully her armor was able to take damage received. When she heard Vermundr roar in pain she realized one of the archers wasn't focusing on her but was quickly dealt with. When she ran over to Vermundr another bandit came from hiding and hit Ora with his sword, cutting through her armor and into her forearm. While being sliced she turned around and punched the bandit in the cheek and grabbed him by his throat before slamming him hard on the ground.

With blood dripping from her arm, get hands started to shine brightly and then she started to heal the both of them. She made quick work of healing Vermundr but not herself. Her wound was worse then Vermundrs and she already used her Magicka healing Vermundr and herself so she had to deal with the wound. Needing time to get her energy back she sat on one of the steps and leaned back. Her skin was getting lighter as her blood left her body. "I. Hate. Bandits."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back