• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Tyrannicide (Dystopian 1x1)

Lorsh

Varlot
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Basically, a 1x1 DMed roleplay where you assume the role of a lost individual in a dystopian society. You'll have to assign some kind of purpose to their life; I won't dictate what it is. Maybe they want to escape society, stage an uprising, join an organization, reunite with someone, seek revenge, etc. Your character has technological enhancements (or some kind of power) that gives them an edge over their foes (I'm assuming you don't want it to be easy for a random soldier to just shoot you dead). You make decisions for your character, and as the GM, I determine the outcomes. The environment, NPCs, etc. are also managed by me. Decisions have the possibility of resulting in death. I can do romance, but only MxF or FxF.

Here's a summary of the plot. There's a lot more to it, though.

"The authoritarian state ... is only concerned with political power and as long as that is not contested it gives society a certain degree of liberty. Authoritarianism does not attempt to change the world and human nature. In contrast, a totalitarian regime attempts to control virtually all aspects of the social life, including the economy, education, art, science, private life and morals of citizens"

Over a century ago, the world was cleasned in cinders and smoke during a supervolcanic event known as Ashfall. This brought about the Great Apocalypses; the Winter Years, the Starvation, and the Chemical Wars. The old nations fell as much of the world was reduced to an ashen wasteland. Many humans were left dead, or mutated in the aftermath of the Chemical Wars. Over the generations, many others "naturally" grew to have dramatically different appearances as they adapted to the Post-Ashfall environment. Some examples are those who took refuge underground, eventually adopting aspects of albinism. Others had the color of their skin change to green due to being forced to eat algae-derived rations due to crop failures. Those people who did not become mutants or posthumans are known as the 'Orthodox', or pure humans.

1519173439597-png.403494

Over time, new nations would arise, but much of the world would remain a brutal wasteland. Sanctaria is one of the few countries that are left, and the only nation left where the Orthodox are in the majority. Sanctaria is presided over by the Autumn Party, which came to power after a violent revolution against the previous government. After the Autumn Party seized power, they quickly turned the country into an oppressive, totalitarian regime. They stylized themselves as the defenders of the last bastion of the human race. Posthumans and mutants, which outnumber the Orthodox four-to-one, are deemed barbaric, corrupted species that will bring about the end of the Orthodox if they are not defeated.

In addition to the army and the regular police, Sanctarian citizens are closely monitored by Watchmen, the Autumn Party's state security and secret police. Notes about a citizen's actions and life are logged in the Civic Integrity Index. If enough suspicion is logged on a citizen's profile, bad things start to happen. People disappear, sometimes forever.

There exists an underground resistance movement against the Autumn Party, called The Connection. However, it's in a precarious position; many people have already become too brainwashed to resist.

1539115120198.png1539115135104.png

Last edited:
I think I could do this and Bradbury's Brigade at the same time, if you wanted to do that. But in this one hopefully playing as an individual

Users who are viewing this thread

Back