• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Typing Effect (Transition)

d1uni5ys24si3o

One Thousand Club
Hey!
Is there a bbcode that can do the typing effect?
write-anywhere.gif

Hey!
Is there a bbcode that can do the typing effect?
write-anywhere.gif

I did this on a recent code and the only way I figured it out was to have a div cover the text and then use animation to move it according to steps (rather than the default smooth transition). There might be a simpler way to do it, but I couldn't figure it out.

I did this on a recent code and the only way I figured it out was to have a div cover the text and then use animation to move it according to steps (rather than the default smooth transition). There might be a simpler way to do it, but I couldn't figure it out.
Damn ye that’d be a big cluster of coding for something as simple. I wonder if the code gurus have something similar to that typing effect hmmm

Damn ye that’d be a big cluster of coding for something as simple. I wonder if the code gurus have something similar to that typing effect hmmm

It's not actually that much code, you just have to set the positioning correctly.
You have your text, a div over it and then an animation applied to it.

Unless there is a way to use some form of timing/interval function with in the BBScript version 2, I'm not sure how else you could do it. But yes, maybe one of the others have a simpler way - I'd love to know for future projects.

It's not actually that much code, you just have to set the positioning correctly.
You have your text, a div over it and then an animation applied to it.

Unless there is a way to use some form of timing/interval function with in the BBScript version 2, I'm not sure how else you could do it. But yes, maybe one of the others have a simpler way - I'd love to know for future projects.
If you wanted to be precise, yes, you could use the setInterval function to add characters one at a time until completion. However it would be slow, as I restrict the minimum time interval you can set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back