Elenion Aura

One Thousand Club
Name: Tyler "Ty" Kerrigan

Height: 5'7

Weight: 140 lb. 

Military Rank: Soldier

Appearance: 

image.jpeg

Personality: Best described as "quirky", Ty finds himself often the butt of many jokes at hands of his peers, mostly because Ty seems to have no super-human abilities to speak of. Being surrounded by meta-humans, with powers he could only dream of possessing, has left Ty a reserved character. He often tries his best to stay out of the way and under the radar. There is kindness in his heart, a kind of gentleness that may seem out of place in a world as dark as theirs. Ty has a sense of humor when he's allowed to express it, but is hesitant to open up around strangers. He is slow to trust others, but is incredibly loyal to those he considers his friends. However, there is also a darker side to him, one born of years of bullying and mistreatment. When finally his powers manifested, many of his peers began fearing him, calling him unnatural, abomination. 

Skills: Ty is a below average fighter. He's quick, sure, but his blows don't carry the weight necessary to crack a monster's hide. He is an excellent climber and free-runner. He's also good with his hands, and possesses the mind of an engineer. He is a professional tinkerer, and in his spare time tries to think up new gadgets for purposes both mundane and military. 

Powers: 

Wraith-form: Ty is not a fighter. In fact he'd much rather run than fight. His power allows him to become a wraith for a short amount of time (15 seconds to start, with training the time in this form may increase). As s wraith, Ty can move freely across the corporeal plane at augmented speed, but cannot interact in any other way. He can't touch or be touched. After 15 seconds, he automatically rematerializes, and cannot enter wraith-form again for a set amount of time (1 day at the start). 

Possession: Ty has the ability to enter the mind of sub-human entities, controlling their bodies as though they were his own. To do this, several conditions first must be met.  First, the body to be possessed must not be currently active, I.e., it must either be unconscious or otherwise immobile. Second, Ty must be in close proximity of the target of possession. The length of possession is proportional to the strength of the body being possessed. Incredibly weak monsters may be possessed indefinitely, whereas stronger beasts will begin to resist possession after only a few minutes. If a possessed body is destroyed or killed, Ty is forcibly removed. He can possess fresh, unharmed cadavers, but it gives him the willies so he prefers not to. 

Equipment: Homemade Grappling hook

Backstory: TBA

Name: Tyler "Ty" Kerrigan

Height: 5'7

Weight: 140 lb. 

Military Rank: Soldier

Appearance: 

View attachment 243193

Personality: Best described as "quirky", Ty finds himself often the butt of many jokes at hands of his peers, mostly because Ty seems to have no super-human abilities to speak of. Being surrounded by meta-humans, with powers he could only dream of possessing, has left Ty a reserved character. He often tries his best to stay out of the way and under the radar. There is kindness in his heart, a kind of gentleness that may seem out of place in a world as dark as theirs. Ty has a sense of humor when he's allowed to express it, but is hesitant to open up around strangers. He is slow to trust others, but is incredibly loyal to those he considers his friends. However, there is also a darker side to him, one born of years of bullying and mistreatment. When finally his powers manifested, many of his peers began fearing him, calling him unnatural, abomination. 

Skills: Ty is a below average fighter. He's quick, sure, but his blows don't carry the weight necessary to crack a monster's hide. He is an excellent climber and free-runner. He's also good with his hands, and possesses the mind of an engineer. He is a professional tinkerer, and in his spare time tries to think up new gadgets for purposes both mundane and military. 

Powers: 

Wraith-form: Ty is not a fighter. In fact he'd much rather run than fight. His power allows him to become a wraith for a short amount of time (15 seconds to start, with training the time in this form may increase). As s wraith, Ty can move freely across the corporeal plane at augmented speed, but cannot interact in any other way. He can't touch or be touched. After 15 seconds, he automatically rematerializes, and cannot enter wraith-form again for a set amount of time (1 day at the start). (This is a bit extra and can easily defuse tension for him...can you tell me where you got this power exactly? I'm confused on what it is.)

Possession: Ty has the ability to enter the mind of sub-human entities, controlling their bodies as though they were his own. To do this, several conditions first must be met.  First, the body to be possessed must not be currently active, I.e., it must either be unconscious or otherwise immobile. Second, Ty must be in close proximity of the target of possession. The length of possession is proportional to the strength of the body being possessed. Incredibly weak monsters may be possessed indefinitely, whereas stronger beasts will begin to resist possession after only a few minutes. If a possessed body is destroyed or killed, Ty is forcibly removed. He can possess fresh, unharmed cadavers, but it gives him the willies so he prefers not to. (Possessing monsters...I don't think any monster in this RP is quite weak enough to follow what requirements you put on here. I suggest you rework the powers a little for them to be a little more effective. Don't have to change or remove them completely, just elaborate a bit more.)

Equipment: Homemade Grappling hook (No weapons? Nothing?)

Backstory: TBA

I left notes in red ^^

Okay let's see!

1. I pictured his first power as a sort of get out of jail free card, since he's a very weak combatant. As for where it came from, well my brain I suppose. I wasn't sure if only certain types of powers were allowed, and I thought he'd be a cool niche kind of archetype!

2. How should I change the possession aspect?

3. I'll try and think of something to give him to bash with 

edit. 

Note that while it can get him out of a bad situation, the cool down of it is very long and he can only effectively use it once in any battle. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay let's see!

1. I pictured his first power as a sort of get out of jail free card, since he's a very weak combatant. As for where it came from, well my brain I suppose. I wasn't sure if only certain types of powers were allowed, and I thought he'd be a cool niche kind of archetype! (Oh, okay. That actually makes a bit more sense. Well, that sounds perfectly good!)

2. How should I change the possession aspect?

(I think taking control of monsters in general is a little bit...ehh....they're designed to be fought against. It's a bit broken he's able to do this in the first place, like where did this power even come from? You may actually want to change it...)

3. I'll try and think of something to give him to bash with 

Left notes in there too

Well he wouldn't be controlling monsters. He'd actually kinda like phase through and become only one monster and only for a very limited time! I guess I can rework / think of something different but I thought it'd be cool to kind of 'use monsters to fight monsters' kind of idea 

Well he wouldn't be controlling monsters. He'd actually kinda like phase through and become only one monster and only for a very limited time! I guess I can rework / think of something different but I thought it'd be cool to kind of 'use monsters to fight monsters' kind of idea 

Sorry but that's not the point of a humans vs monsters rp. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back