• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Two-Thousands League Under the Sea (Jadedical x RanixAurus)

Ranix Aurus

Languishing in Progress
Roleplay Type(s)
It was barely past midnight when the transport plane boarded by Dr. Hindelhelm and his crew arrived onboard of USS Aegaeon.

Research team such as theirs, which was highly regarded by the Union, would usually warranted a welcoming feast. However, the nature of the mission wouldn't allow that luxury. Not that the researchers cared. For them, the project was more important than expensive wines.

"Doctor-" the ship's seasoned captain, a man who had lived half his life in the blue waste, held his tongue when he noticed a strange creature perched on top of the skinny scientist's shoulder.

With sleek, brown fur, white underbelly, and elongated body, it looked just like an average weasel. However, the size was slightly bigger than normal, and those pair of black, beady eyes seemingly pierced deep into the captain's mind. His instinct as a man of action warned him that this creature... was most likely not as simple as it looked.

"Is that guy here yet?"

The captain snapped awake, feeling a bit ashamed that he would lose his cool over a little animal.

"Ah... no, not yet. Your team is the first to arrive."

"...Fine. Let's wait a bit longer."

The captain led the team inside the ship's quarter, which had included a reconstructed area supplied with necessary instruments for the scientists to do their work. While they started the machines, the doctor stepped into a closed, white-walled chamber, and then put the weasel down.

"Your partner for this job will come soon. Make sure you get along, okay?"

After saying those words, the doctor left the weasel alone in the room.

A plane was soaring through the skies, high up in the air. The plane was almost near to the USS Aegaeon. Inside was the lab crew were sitting on plane’s chairs as the plane was soaring in the air.

There, the main doctor was sitting down next to a young girl who looks around to be ten. She have ginger hair with white skinned and baby blue eyes. She was wearing a yellow sweater with blue overalls on top and a pair of yellow shoes.

The young girl was tapping both of her boots together out of boredom of this long plane trip. There wasn’t much she could do erase her boredom, she let out a sigh. The young girl lift her chin up to look at the Doctor.

“Are we there yet?” The young girl asked.

The scientist doctor let out a frustrated sigh at the child’s question.

“Yes. We’re almost there. Now quit asking that, you’ve been saying that for at least ten times.”

“I know, but we’ve been stuck on this plane for hours! Can’t you just tell the pilot to make the plane go faster?” The young child whined, giving the Doctor a bored and miserable look.

“No, something terrible would happen if we go any faster. Besides, we need you in one piece for this. This may be your most important mission yet.” The doctor explained before the young girl simply gave up on asking questions.

After waiting for so long, the plane was finally at the USS Aegaeon, the plane safely landed on the ship. The crew soon got off of the their plane.

The captain eagerly walked out of the cabin to welcome the new arrival, followed closely by Dr. Hindelhelm. As expected, it was the second crew. Seeing that his job was almost over, the captain secretly let out a sigh.

The smile on his face, however, turned crooked upon seeing a young girl walking out of the plane.

"Sir, if I may..." his words trailed off as he kept changing glances between the girl and the older man besides her.

"Ahem," Hindelhelm coughed out loud. "Captain, that's your payload for the day."

"The f-" the captain groaned. "Are you kidding me? this little brat?!"

Ignoring his outburst, Hindelhelm stepped forward, offering his hand to the scientist.

"Doctor Hindelhelm, from Biogenesis Lab. Even if we haven't met before, you should know my name, yes? Let's talk more inside. You can put your..." he glanced at the girl, "Child in the loading chamber. Incidentally, our own creation is already inside. We can get them to... know each other. What do you say?"

The edge of his lips curled up into a wide grin.

"After all, they would be partners in this important mission. They'd better get along well."

The young girl was gazing around the huge place in amazement, she had never been on this kind of vehicle before in her whole life. This was probably the biggest vehicle she’ve been on before, unless the plane is bigger than this ship. Who knows. However, that was cut short when she notice two men walking towards her and her father.

The scientist shook Dr. Hindelhelm’s hand the moment he took the offer up. “Why yes I do, the name’s Doctor Roman, from the F.E.T.R lab.” Dr. Roman quickly explained to the fellow scientist. Dr. Roman look down at his “child” once Dr. Hindelhelm cleared everything up.

“Why yes, that sounds like-“ before Dr. Roman could finish his sentence, the young girl interrupted him.

“Wait, I’m going to have a partner in this? Wowie, I’ve never had a partner before! What’s my partner like?? Are they friendly?” The young girl looked up at Dr. Hindelhelm with a big bright smile and big blue beaming eyes that sparked with excitement.

“Are they-“

“Marigold! That’s enough. Don’t talk over me when I’m talking with others.” He scowled sternly at the young girl, staring down at her with frustrated filled eyes.

The young girl soon became silent after his demand.

Dr. Roman let out a sigh from scowling the young girl before turning his attention back to the scientist. “I apologize for that.” The scientist quickly apologized to the fellow scientist.

Dr. Hindelhelm's deep voice pierced through the howling night wind as he laughed out loud, greatly amused by the little girl's enthusiasm. He patted the girl's head gently, like a grandfather doting on his grandchild.

"No need for apology. I'm the one who should thank you. To see such a life-like recreation of humanity is certainly an eye-opener for this old me."

He then crouched down until he was on eye level with the girl. With a grin still hanging on his face, he said to her soothingly,

"Do not worry, child. Your partner will certainly be amusing enough for you. If anything, the two of you surely would be able to entertain each other for the duration of this mission. Now, come. Let me get you two up to speed. I'm sure it'll be fine with you, doctor?"

Without even waiting for Dr. Roman's answer, the scientist took the girl's hand in his palm, and then guided her inside. He opened the white-walled room's door and then pointed at the weasel standing upright at the middle.

"That would be your partner. I'm not joking, child. How about saying hi? I'll borrow your 'father' for a moment, if you don't mind."

He left after saying that, leaving her with the furred creature. The weasel turned its beady eyes toward the girl and then tilted its head, showing curiosity at this newcomer.

Marigold was quite frightened from the man’s deep laughter, she’ll admit that. However, that was quickly drain away as the man patted her head. A smile curl on her face, she wasn’t expecting this Dr. Hindelhelm guy to be so friendly. She thought he would be nothing but serious like Dad.

Dr. Roman didn’t respond to Dr. Hindelhelm’s compliment. Instead, he looked quite annoyed at the compliment. He only stares down as Dr. Hindelhelm crouched down to Marigold’s eye-level. Goodness, it was quite pointless of this man to do this. It was even more pointless to talk so softly to this robot. Why would you talk to her as if she was a real child?

Before Dr. Roman could answer his question after being done talking to the robot, Dr. Hindelhelm have already left with the child, leaving him with a slight annoyed grunt.

Marigold was led by Dr. Hindelhelm inside. She was quite amazed on what the inside looked like, there were many supplies everywhere in this place, her eyes sparkles at them, but that was soon over once the doctor stopped his tracks and open a door which led to a pure and white room. In the middle was a small, but adorable furred creature which seems to look like a weasel.

Once Dr. Hindelhelm left the two alone, Marigold only stood and stare at the furred creature, completely unaware that this was supposed to be her partner. She was expecting something that was... normal for this mission, but that’s hypocritical of her since she is a child. But on the plus side, She gets to work with a adorable creature, and this would be her first partner ever, which would probably be the best experience ever.

With no hesitation, Marigold race towards the small creature looking up at her. She soon picked it up and holding it by her hands under it’s small arms, making his whole short body left unsupported. She didn’t know how to hold a animal correctly, which it probably why Dr. Roman keeps her away from small animals.

“D’awww! You’re the most adorable thing ever! I can’t believe I’m going to work with a weasel. This is going to be my best mission ever!” Marigold squealed with so much enthusiasm filling up in her wires.

“What’s your name, little guy? Can you do any tricks? Try.... shaking my hand!” Marigold freed one of her hands from the weasel, now only holding it with one hand that was wrapped completely around the weasel’s body which was probably a even worse way to hold it. Marigold held her hand up close for the weasel to shake it.

Last edited:
The weasel held its stare over the young girl, not breaking eye contact even when it was handled in the roughest of manner. It even seemed to understand what she was talking about, as upon command it began to slowly leaned forward until the tip of its nose touched the girl's skin. It let out a purring noise as it rubbed its head over her palm.

Krrrrrkkk

After a while, the purring was slowly replaced by a rather... unsettling noise. The weasel's body shook a bit before once again growing limp.

And then, without warning, it shook violently.

Viscous, gelatinous dark green goo spilled out from its pores, forming translucent tentacles that rose up as if defying the law of gravity itself. The tendrils spread out in many directions, arching once in the air before descending down toward the young girl. The needle-thin constructs pierced through the girl's clothes, drilling deeper into her flesh in the blink of an eye.

As soon as it happened, however, the tendrils quickly pulled themselves out, as if escaping from harmful contact with a dangerous substance. Back inside the weasel's body, the creature slunk down from the girl's grip, bounced on the floor before retreating a few steps away from her.

The weasel opened its maws. They didn't move beyond that, but somehow, a broken, distorted voice mimicking that of a human's could be heard from within its throat.

"That isss not flesh... what issss you?"

She let out small giggles from the weasel, feeling even more satisfying when she heard soft purrs from the furred creature. Right off the bat, things seem to be going well. Maybe she could even befriend this adorable weasel. However, that soon changed once she heard the rather creepy noise that replaced the soft and peaceful purr. Marigold’s mood was completely ruined with worry and concern, she was even more concern once the furred creature in her hands suddenly went limp like a dead body.

“H-Huh? Are you-“

Before Marigold could say anything else, the creature started to rapidly shook in her hands, earning Marigold to let out a squeak from the shaking outburst. Weasels were definitely not suppose to act like this or at least she thought so. If anything, no animal should be acting in this.. violent way.

She was about to call out for Dr. Hindelhelm’s name until green goo spilled out of the furred creature’s pores as they form into icky tentacles were soon formed.

She was too late to react as she felt some of them piercing through her clothes and metal like it was nothing but paper. This time, she let out a scream of pain, luckily the tentacles soon slipped out.

Marigold quickly back away till her body was pressed against the pure white wall, fake tears were running down her cheeks like a great waterfall. The child was confused and scared of this furred creature that she thought was friendly and cute, but now it was only a horror monster to her.

Marigold was even more spooked from it’s horrible distorted voice, it sounded so... broken, and with that, Marigold right arm quickly started to transform. Things were sliding in and out to form a gun arm. Once the transformation was complete, she lifted the gun arm and pointed it at the
weasel.

She didn’t care if this thing was her partner. Whatever this thing is, it was dangerous for sure. This thing couldn’t possibly be her partner. Maybe this thing ate her partner and disguised itself as her partner.

Without warning, she began firing at the weasel.

"It is incredible. Your creation, that is."

Dr. Hindelhelm chuckled as he watched through the one-way mirror which oversaw the white-walled room. The young 'girl' inside had finally shed her sheep's clothing, unleashing dangerous armament toward the small creature inside. The 'weasel', however, wasn't perturbed as it slink in and out from the bullets' trajectories, moving with speed and flexibility a mere animal wouldn't be able to perform. It circled around the girl, keeping itself safe within her blind spot.

"What do you think of our own pride and joy? Fascinating, is it not?" the scientist smiled at Dr. Roman and the bewildered captain. "In the years past, our research of stem cells cultivation had given birth of something entirely different. That colony of cells is akin to cancer cells, with nervous system connecting them together. You could even think of it as a living brain, but far stronger than our own."

He tapped his forehead.

"It could invade other biological matters, acclimatize itself to avoid rejection, and practically control it as it lived inside. And it's not just that; it has sentience, and it could learn. We're also able to pre-program it beforehand, giving the particular colony a distinct directive that it has to follow. This thing, will be your little contraption's partner."

He glanced through the glass once again, amused at the two who were still fighting inside.

"It's been fun, but I think we should make them stop before your girl make a hole on the ship."

He pressed a button on the control panel, which made the sound system inside the room play a low, humming noise. The weasel suddenly stopped upon hearing it, standing upright like a statue, a far cry from its previous agile maneuvers.

Dr. Roman was watching the one-way mirror as well, watching his creation and the “weasel” fight. Only a blank stare was kept on his face as he watch his creation shooting the furred creature non-stop.

“She’s something, I suppose.” He let out a sigh.

Back in the white-walled room, Marigold rapidly shoot at the “weasel” with no mercy at all. Though, fear was striking her down in a blast. She tried firing her bullets at the strange creature, but with it’s incredible speed, It was impossible to even shoot a part of it’s small body. However, she was more horrified on how flexible this creature was. The way it moved felt so unreal and maybe even gross to look at. Though, with all this fear building up inside of her. She was hoping her father and Dr. Hindelhelm were running down to stop whatever this thing is. Surely, they would’ve hear her firing her bullets non-stop at the creature. She hopes they were coming soon.

Dr. Roman was listening to what Dr. Hindelhelm had to say about their interesting creation. He was quite impressed on how the creation was made and how it could work.

“It is indeed impressive.” He said

Though, he was secretly concern that his creation would shoot at the “weasel,” considering their intense battle. But from the looks of it, the creature was doing just fine. He watch as the doctor press the button.

Marigold heard a strange, low humming sound coming out of nowhere. Whatever the sound was coming from, it seems like it made the creature stopped itself immediately. Once Marigold realize the creature wasn’t moving from it’s place, she quickly transform her gun arm back into a regular look arm. She soon cried out even harder than before, even after the scary part was over, covering her watery eyes with her yellow long sleeves as her loud cries were also filling up the room.

"Wonderful performance."

Dr. Hindelhelm casually walked into the room, crouching right besides the weasel-like creature. When it saw the scientist, it immediately climbed up his offered hand, perching on top of his left shoulder. That pair of dark, beady eyes stared at the girl with no malice inside, merely muddle-headed curiosity.

"Ernssssst... human child can ssssshot bulletssss ya?"

Dr. Hindelhelm chuckled at the creature's remark. He didn't answer its question, opting to pet its head instead.

"What do you think of your partner, miss Marigold? We call this thing 'Bio-engineered Adaptive Simulated Life-form'... or Basel, for short. It's the fifth iteration, actually, so we christened him Baselfunf."

"Bassssssssl."

The creature opened its mouth and made a high-pitched hissing noise.

Marigold was still traumatized by the sudden reveal of the weasel. Her eyes were still covered by her yellow sleeve which was sorta getting wet from her tears.

She was horrified from the weasel, no way she could work with this creature as a partner after revealing it’s true self and attacking her with no warning. More importantly, she felt upset that Dr. Hindelhelm didn’t seem upset with the creature scaring her and even attacking her. In fact, by the looks of it, Dr. Hindelhelm is acting like nothing happened at all.

“T-that thing attacked me..” she whimpered out, slowly removing her sleeve to show her watery eyes that she couldn’t hold in any longer.

“Why did y-you let it attacked me?” She sounded genuinely distressed in this situation that happened so fast.

“T-that thing scared me! You aren’t mad at it?”

"Hmm," Dr. Hindelhelm hummed, as if coaxing a little child. "This thing might look menacing, but its actual attacking power in its natural state is very minimal. It's only a danger for biological entities, because its primary purpose is to invade other living beings and assimilate itself within."

"But that would be inconsequential for you... isn't that right, Herr Roman?"

He glance at the mirror on the wall, which was showing their reflection. The people on the other side of the mirror, however, could see what was happening inside the room clearly. Even though he shouldn't be able to know where Dr. Roman was, he was still looking at the direction of his fellow scientist as if his gaze could pierce through objects.

"Anyway, if you're so inclined... Baselfunf, I prohibit you from attacking the girl from now on, got it?"

"Ssssssssurrrrre..."

The weasel let out a broken-sounded purr as Dr. Hindelhelm pet its head again.

"We're going to install some protocol within him later. You'll be registered as its owner... same as me, which means he wouldn't go against your words. Is that good enough for you, Fraulein? If you have something else in mind, you can tell me as well. Now come, let's meet up with your 'father'."

With the creature on tow, Dr. Hindelhelm walked out of the white-walled room, back to where the captain and the crews were.

Marigold didn’t felt like she got out of anything from Dr. Hindelhelm’s answer. Was he even listening to her? She didn’t care how the thing worked, she was still attacked by that thing and he’s not even considering how she’s feeling. But that wasn’t new to her. It’s always been like that.

However, she tilted her head in confusion when Dr. Hindelhelm took his eyes on the window that seemed to be nothing but his reflection. That was strange of him to do.

She was trying to figure why Dr. Hindelhelm was talking to a window when it sudden hits her in the head. That window must be one of those special windows Dad told her at one time. Great, she feels even more worse than before. That must meant her father must’ve saw the whole scene
behind the window.

She hiss at herself in frustration for letting her emotions spill out like that. She knew how her father didn’t like acting like such a crybaby. He’s probably going to scowl on her later.

Nevertheless, she needed to move on with her mission. Even if she messed up big time with her first impression. Marigold followed Dr. Hindelhelm out of the room, preparing for what Dr. Roman would do to her.

The captain let out a dry cough, trying to get everyone's attention back to him. It felt as if his position as the master of the ship had been usurped ever since these eggheads had boarded. Nevertheless, the one responsible for the mission was ultimately him, so he had to keep them on the reins.

"Please refrain from doing these rash display anymore. We should get back to the mission. Andy, show them the plan."

The first mate activated the holographic screen on the wall, showing a computer-generated image of the ship and the surrounding area. It then zoomed out until the ship was a tiny speck at the top, with a red line drawn from its location to the bottom of the ocean floor.

"As you guys had been briefed before, we're going to conduct an exploration using the latest diving capsule. The top brass had supplied us with the team and devices necessary for the task, but there's still a problem of operators... the capsule is really expensive, you see, and remote controls have too much uncertainty at hand. The first idea is of course to send our crew down there, but honestly, I'm not keen on sending my good men inside that metal coffin. That's where you guys come in."

He pointed at the young girl, and then at the weasel.

"The mission is easy: get inside that contraption, get down there, see if you can find any trace of oil, uranium, steam vent... whatever we can use to solve our energy deficit. Easy enough, right? Any question?"

He cast his eyes on Dr. Hindelhelm and Dr. Roman, not taking Marigold into his attention.

Despite the mate taking any attention on her, she raise her hand up high for the mate to see. “I have a question!” She said out loud.

Dr. Roman was pleased by the simple plan. However, that quickly changed once he saw his “kid” raise her hand up like she was in a classroom. He tried shushing her up, but it was too late as Marigold was already blurting out her question to the mate.

“Will we meet any sea monsters when getting the energy thingy? Will the monsters be super massive like a blue whale? Are they scary at all?” She said with curiosity filled in her blue eyes, not knowing how childish and foolish her question was.

Dr. Roman resisted to facepalm himself. He knew full well that she would ask that kind of question. He was idiotic to not shut her up before she could say that pointless question. Sometimes, he wonders why he didn’t re-program her when adding her new abilities of a explorer.

The first mate was actually intent on ignoring the young girl-lookalike. After all, he didn't want to get involved with some creature that could transform their limbs and spew out bullets -that's certainly not human- but the whimsical question ended up ticking him one way or the other. He glanced at the captain, who was also taken aback by the sudden childish outburst, and then coughed.

"We're... not sure. Hopefully, there won't be anything like that. At most you'll just see some giant squids but that's it. They're harmless though, don't worry."

"Ssssquiiid-"

The captain shot his eyes toward the creepy weasel, and then back to Dr. Hindelhelm.

"Doctor, I have to say it again: please don't contaminate the marine life around this area."

"No worries, captain. This thing is perfectly safe," he pat the weasel's head again. "As long as the little lady didn't order him to... well, kill anything, that is."

He gave Marigold a naughty wink.

Marigold listen carefully at what the captain had to say about her sea monster question. She was relieved that they were nothing but giant squids that would probably mind their own business. At least she doesn’t have to worry getting swallowed whole by some freaky sea creature lurking in the deep floors.

Though, when the captain turned his attention to Dr. Hindelhelm on warning him to not mess around the sea life-forms. She notice the naughty wink the doctor gave her. Usually, she would be enthusiastic about this, wouldprobably abuse the given power even, that is if the insane scientist didn’t let his freakishly pet attack and scare the living daylights out of her, she would’ve been more on board with this mischievous plan. Instead, she gave the scientist a nervous and possibly fearful smile, she eyed at the “weasel” still untrustworthy of the strange creature. Even though Dr. Hindelhelm banned it from attacking her ever again.

Dr. Roman notice the wink from the corner of his eye from listening in. A little fearful expression slightly grew on his face but he couldn’t dare to show it, so he masked it with a more serious look.

“Don’t you dare give her any ideas.” He whispered harshly to the scientist close by, warning him even.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back