• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Twist of Fate [CS]

Royally Rose

What doesn't kill you, hurts like a bitch.
Character Sheet
latest

Welcome
Hello, everyone! I'm coding this because I am trying to avoid relatives at all costs and this seemed like a good excuse. My point is, don't expect a lot of coding from this point forward. I think coding is great for Character Sheets and that's about it. In writing, I'd rather be focused on the content. I like to write at least 3-4 paragraphs per post. I understand that it can be difficult to do this sometimes when we get to the height of the RP, but I would like to avoid oneliners at all costs.

accio-volunteers-and-donations-help-make-hogwarts-camp-magical-2806.jpg

Angst
With the events that are happening in the wizarding world, students/characters are likely going to have something dark in their history but I would appreciate it if that didn't become the focus o the RP. It will definitely be a subplot; characters overcoming their emotional baggage and accepting it as part of who they are. That being said, if you want to kill off your character's parents, fine by me, just be sure that they don't hang out with Moaning Myrtle discussing how much they miss them with every fiber of their being.

1445705051.jpg
The Houses
We all know about the rivalry between the houses. But now the rivalries and distrust between them are at an all-time high. This will play into your character's personality and prejudices. If your character is a pureblood Slytherin, chances are they aren't friends with a Muggle-born Gryffindor. Unless however, you mention that your character has a friendly disposition and that the reasons they were put in Slytherin are based more off of their cunning and devious personality than their long Slytherin bloodline. The characters live in a time when, notoriously Slytherin, Death Eaters run about killing people. The seeds of distrust and suspicion have basically been bred in them. Everyone knows that Voldemort has spies within the walls of the castle, but what they don't know is that not all of those spies are Slytherin.

Character Sheet RequirementsThis is just the brief list of things that I suggest you include on your sheet. You don't have to include everything if you feel that it's obvious and you can add more if you want. Just a reminder, this will be all OC.
Sheet Outline

Full Name:
Nickname:
Age/Year(I'm planning for around fifth year. But it's up to you guys):
Blood Status:
House (not a requirement but try for a variety):
Wand:
Best Class:
Worst Class:
Appearance:
Personality:
History(remember this is set in 1991, but the Death Eaters are in control, as is Voldemort):
My Character

Charlotte Avery

46c2a22400b9fe7299cd6131a3b25519--adelaide-kane-a-witch.jpg

Full Name: Charlotte Helena Avery

Nickname: Charlie (only to her mother)

Year: 5th

House: Ravenclaw

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Blood Status: Half-Blood

Wand: Laurel, dragon heartstring, rigid, and 13".

Classes
Charlotte loves Transfiguration class, she is fascinated by the theory and practice of the art. She eventually wants to become an animagus. Despite her love for Transfiguration, Charlotte's best class is Defense Against the Dark Arts. She has a fast reaction time and is quick to defend, making her both excellent in the class and excellent at dueling.

Charlotte's worst class is Potions. She has memorized the potion instructions for potions and spent hours trying to perfect them, but her work always ends up being mediocre. Although she is terrible at Potions, Astronomy is her least favorite class. She finds the class easy as it's mostly just memorization. However, as there is a war raging around them, she doesn't see the point in learning where the stars are.
Personality
Charlotte is bold and outgoing. She likes to be the top of the class and as a result, she doesn't always make friends with people. Charlotte is a loyal friend and will stand up for her friends when they are challenged by others. She is confident in her actions and can often end up coming across as condescending.

Traits: Headstrong, bold, sarcastic, confident, isolated, loyal, intelligent, and impulsive.
History
Charlotte's mother was a pureblood witch, Margaret Avery, but was cast out of her family for marrying a muggle. The Avery Family was one of the few sacred pureblood families left, so they saw her as a tarnish on their perfect record and disowned her. When the Death Eaters seized control, some of the Avery family members felt that disownment wasn't enough to cleanse their record and decided they needed to kill Charlotte's mother.

The Order of the Phionex protected Charlotte's mother for as long as they could, but even that wasn't enough. When Charlotte turned five her mother was attacked when fetching the newspaper and was killed. Charlotte was brought by members of the Order to live with her father, in the Muggle world. She was protected by remaining discreet, her father did the best to suppress her magic when she was younger. He thought that the more magic she displayed the easier it would be for Death Eaters to find her.

When the time came for Charlotte to go to Hogwarts, Professor McGonagall came to collect her. She had a close connection to Professor McGonagall after that point.
skulzortheskeletalsamurai skulzortheskeletalsamurai Sailore Sailore SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful Aes Aes

Last edited:

Enki Griffin/Twist of Fate

original.gif
Full Name: Enki Griffin
Nickname: None
Age/Year: 11 (born August 20, 1980)/1st Year
Best Class: Potions, Herbology, Runes
Netural Classes: Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, Charms
Worst Class: History of Magic, Astronomy, Arithmancy
Appearance: He has medium brown hair and brown eyes. He has pale skin and stands at 48" inches tall and weighs 65 lbs, making him average for his age. His build is athletic/lean but overall he is malnourished due to harsh treatment from his family. He likes wearing earth tone colors and has two sets of boots, one of regular black leather and one of dragonhide boots along with a pair of dragonhide gloves.
Personality: Enki refuses to bow down to anybody and is aloof and doesn't talk about his family. He will not give his respect to anyone unless they earn it and can prove they are worthy of his time. If he manages to get a friend, Enki is very loyal and will not turn against them though he is not self sacrificing or reckless. He has trust issues and doesn't work well in teams. He isn't self-sacrificing which means he'll likely stand by and let someone get hurt or even die if he doesn't like them without any guilt or remorse.
History: He is the second child of three siblings of a powerful Welsh family, having an older brother in his third year and his sister is three years younger than him. His sister is already in a betrothal contract with a prominent German pureblood family. His father doesn't believe in the pureblood nonsense his family spouts but has to bend to the knee of his grandfather who is lord of the family. His grandfather is already raising his older brother to be a Death Eater and hopes to raise Enki into being one as well. His mother died a year after his sister was born, leaving his father in the clutches of his grandfather and the House.

Photo+Credit+Jordan+Matter.jpg

Overflow~
Wand: Ebony, Thestral tail hair, 14 1/2", Flexible
House: Slytherin

code by pasta

Last edited:
Full Name: Sean needle
Nickname: Serpent
Age/Year(I'm planning for around fifth year. But it's up to you guys): 15 fifth year
Sexuality: Straight
Blood Status: Pure
House (not a requirement but try for a variety): Slytherin
Wand: Elder wood
Best Class: Potions
Worst Class: Care for magical creatures
Appearance:.86 best images about Hogwarts RPG_ Badge Pride on ___.jpg
Personality: Snakelike, deceptive, cunning walks at an angle, looking like he could fall over any second.
History: Sean grew up in a death eater family and grew to accept their ways. He wishes to be a death eater when he becomes of age. He has a dark history that he prefers not to tell about. He was always picked on for his posture and the way he talked almost always in parceltounge.

Last edited:

Enki Griffin/Twist of Fate

original.gif
Full Name: Enki Griffin
Nickname: None
Age/Year: 11 (born August 20, 1980)/1st Year
Best Class: Potions, Herbology, Runes
Netural Classes: Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, Charms
Worst Class: History of Magic, Astronomy, Arithmancy
Appearance: He has medium brown hair and brown eyes. He has pale skin and stands at 48" inches tall and weighs 65 lbs, making him average for his age. His build is athletic/lean but overall he is malnourished due to harsh treatment from his family. He likes wearing earth tone colors and has two sets of boots, one of regular black leather and one of dragonhide boots along with a pair of dragonhide gloves.
Personality: Enki refuses to bow down to anybody and is aloof and doesn't talk about his family. He will not give his respect to anyone unless they earn it and can prove they are worthy of his time. If he manages to get a friend, Enki is very loyal and will not turn against them though he is not self sacrificing or reckless. He has trust issues and doesn't work well in teams. He isn't self-sacrificing which means he'll likely stand by and let someone get hurt or even die if he doesn't like them without any guilt or remorse.
History: He is the second middle child of three siblings of a powerful Welsh family, having an older brother in his third year and his sister is three years younger than him. His sister is already in a betrothal contract with a prominent German pureblood family. His father doesn't believe in the pureblood nonsense his family spouts but has to bend to the knee of his grandfather who is lord of the family. His grandfather is already raising his older brother to be a Death Eater and hopes to raise Enki into being one as well. His mother died a year after his sister was born, leaving his father in the clutches of his grandfather and the House.

Photo+Credit+Jordan+Matter.jpg

Overflow~
Wand: Ebony, Thestral tail hair, 14 1/2", Flexible

code by pasta
You're accepted. I really like your character, I think that there's a good amount of depth to Enki that will add to the RP. I didn't see your planned house, let me know if I just missed that. Also, my only comment is that as a first year, Enki wouldn't have taken Runes before.

Full Name: Sean needle
Nickname: Serpent
Age/Year(I'm planning for around fifth year. But it's up to you guys): 15 fifth year
Sexuality: Straight
Blood Status: Pure
House (not a requirement but try for a variety): Slytherin
Wand: Elder wood
Best Class: Potions
Worst Class: Care for magical creatures
Appearance:.View attachment 372156
Personality: Snakelike, deceptive, cunning
History: Sean grew up in a death eater family and grew to accept their ways. He wishes to be a death eater when he becomes of age. He has a dark history that he prefers not to tell about.
I like the direction that you're going in, I just have a few questions/comments. You can't have the elder wand as it would still be Dumbledore's wand, and there's only one elder wand. Also, if you could add a little bit of depth to the personality and history. The amount that you gave, doesn't give enough information for other characters to get a feel for your character.

Click on the picture on the right and it will expand into his wand, house and blood status.

Runes is a talent in his father's family and one of the things he'll excel within thanks to the talent running in his blood.

Thank you though for the comments on Enki's form and persona. Royally Rose Royally Rose

Full Name: Aurelia Black
Nickname: Lia
Age/Year: 14, Forth Year
Sexuality: Demi-Sexual
Blood Status: PureBlood
Wand: Hawthorn Wood, Dragon heartstring core, 12 3/4 inches, slightly springy flexibility
Best Class: Defense Against The Dark Arts, Potions
Worst Class: History Of Magic
Appearance: A short girl standing at 5'1", and weighs only 123 pounds. She has pale skin, black hair, and green eyes. Her left forearm is always covered, no matter what, often by bandages or long sleeves. Why? Because she has the Dark Mark. It's a secert that very few know, most of them teachers.
a4e550fbffe34f58d9f1facceb0a011d.jpg
Personality: Aurelia is a quiet, and kind soul who despite everything that's going on, tries her best to be who she is. Her smarts, cunninc, and ambition got her into Slytherin, she isn't like most of the other Slytherins. Like I said, she's quiet and kind, on the verge of timid. She walks around with her head down, trying to keep out of the way, an easy target for pretty much everything. She has some major self esteem issues, she isn't very confident with her own abilities, which makes her even more of a target. But, when she has to, she can be a mean, and spiteful person. That would be her mother coming through. But, it's not often this side of her comes out.
History: Well, the most notable thing about Aurelia is that her father is Sirius Black, and her mother is an evil woman who, well, Aurelia doesn't even know her name despite living with the woman. She tired to push pureblood beleifes on her daughter, And once she finally figured out that her views weren't going to stick, Aurelia's mother began to bully her daughter, treating her the worst way she could. By her first year, Aurelia was a depressed mess, and could barely do anything for herself. Her father has recently taken custody of her, but not before her mother had a dark mark put on her arm. Nobody but the person who put it on her can tak it off, which means it's not coming off. She's kept it secert for now, but she know it won't last forever.

Last edited:
Full Name: Aurelia Black
Nickname: Lia
Age/Year: 14, Forth Year
Sexuality: Demi-Sexual
Blood Status: PureBlood
Wand: Hawthorn Wood, Dragon heartstring core, 12 3/4 inches, slightly springy flexibility
Best Class: Defense Against The Dark Arts, Potions
Worst Class: History Of Magic
Appearance: A short girl standing at 5'1", and weighs only 123 pounds. She has pale skin, black hair, and green eyes. Her left forearm is always covered, no matter what, often by bandages or long sleeves. Why? Because she has the Dark Mark. It's a secert that very few know, most of them teachers.
View attachment 372168
Personality: Aurelia is a quiet, and kind soul who despite everything that's going on, tries her best to be who she is. Her smarts, cunninc, and ambition got her into Slytherin, she isn't like most of the other Slytherins. Like I said, she's quiet and kind, on the verge of timid. She walks around with her head down, trying to keep out of the way, an easy target for pretty much everything. She has some major self esteem issues, she isn't very confident with her own abilities, which makes her even more of a target. But, when she has to, she can be a mean, and spiteful person. That would be her mother coming through. But, it's not often this side of her comes out.
History: Well, the most notable thing about Aurelia is that her father is Sirius Black, and her mother is an evil woman who, well, Aurelia doesn't even know her name despite living with the woman. She tired to push pureblood beleifes on her daughter, And once she finally figured out that her views weren't going to stick, Aurelia's mother began to bully her daughter, treating her the worst way she could. By her first year, Aurelia was a depressed mess, and could barely do anything for herself. Her father has recently taken custody of her, but not before her mother had a dark mark put on her arm. Nobody but the person who put it on her can tak it off, which means it's not coming off. She's kept it secert for now, but she know it won't last forever.
You're accepted! I like the details that you provided and the depth that you added to the character.

Full Name: Edward James Travers
Nickname: None as of yet
Age/Year: 5th Year / 16
Sexuality: Gay
House: Hufflepuff
Wand:
Aspen wood, Unicorn Hair, 11 Inches
Best Class: Defence Against the Dark Arts
Worst Class: Potions/Herbology​
Appearance:
11e048fe7babf8b2b197a5260959137e--guy-hair-beautiful-boys.jpg

Personality:
Edward constantly tries to be the best person he can be to the point of being excessive sometimes, he is kind and caring with a deep hatred of injustice which has led to outspoken rants against the Death Eaters an act which makes life outside of Hogwarts very dangerous. On more than one occasion he has been attacked for his beliefs but still he refuses to conform to the new so called norm. Whilst he is a kind person he has some anger issues and a simple insult can sometimes be all it takes to anger him beyond the point of no return. He has a particular affinity to dueling which comes natural to him but in other more practical areas like potions he is less than average.

History:
Edwards life has been an up and down roller coaster, he was birthed of a brief and unloving affair between his muggle mother Julia and an unknown male member of the pure blood Travers family. To this day he has no idea who his father is and it is assumed he does not come forward for fear of being branded a blood traitor. For most of his childhood he did not interact with any wizards at all although he knew of magic and the world from his mother, his first interaction with it all came when his home was attacked by Death Eaters and it was only through sheer luck he survived. From then on he and his mother lived in hiding under the protection of the Order of the Phoenix and lukily the Death Eaters attention seemed to have waned at that point.

He received his admission to Hogwarts at the normal age but had to seek aid from those in the Order so he could afford supplies and most importantly his Owl, Flake. Upon his arrival the sorting hat was going to choose Gryfindor but he influenced it to choose Hufflepuff, a house he felt more in tune with and quickly integrated himself with other members of the house. He immediatly took a dislike of Slytherin but unlike others he refrained from judgement simply because of what a talking hay chose or what their parents forced.

Over the years Edward has hardly left Hogwarts for safety concerns only leaving for two weeks a year to be with his mother. Now during his 5th year he has almost become a fixture of the castle itself knowing it inside out.​

Full Name: Edward James Travers
Nickname: None as of yet
Age/Year: 5th Year / 16
Sexuality: Gay
House: Hufflepuff
Wand:
Aspen wood, Unicorn Hair, 11 Inches
Best Class: Defence Against the Dark Arts
Worst Class: Potions/Herbology
Appearance:
11e048fe7babf8b2b197a5260959137e--guy-hair-beautiful-boys.jpg

Personality:

Edward constantly tries to be the best person he can be to the point of being excessive sometimes, he is kind and caring with a deep hatred of injustice which has led to outspoken rants against the Death Eaters an act which makes life outside of Hogwarts very dangerous. On more than one occasion he has been attacked for his beliefs but still he refuses to conform to the new so called norm. Whilst he is a kind person he has some anger issues and a simple insult can sometimes be all it takes to anger him beyond the point of no return. He has a particular affinity to dueling which comes natural to him but in other more practical areas like potions he is less than average.

History:
Edwards life has been an up and down roller coaster, he was birthed of a brief and unloving affair between his muggle mother Julia and an unknown male member of the pure blood Travers family. To this day he has no idea who his father is and it is assumed he does not come forward for fear of being branded a blood traitor. For most of his childhood he did not interact with any wizards at all although he knew of magic and the world from his mother, his first interaction with it all came when his home was attacked by Death Eaters and it was only through sheer luck he survived. From then on he and his mother lived in hiding under the protection of the Order of the Phoenix and lukily the Death Eaters attention seemed to have waned at that point.

He received his admission to Hogwarts at the normal age but had to seek aid from those in the Order so he could afford supplies and most importantly his Owl, Flake. Upon his arrival the sorting hat was going to choose Gryfindor but he influenced it to choose Hufflepuff, a house he felt more in tune with and quickly integrated himself with other members of the house. He immediatly took a dislike of Slytherin but unlike others he refrained from judgement simply because of what a talking hay chose or what their parents forced.

Over the years Edward has hardly left Hogwarts for safety concerns only leaving for two weeks a year to be with his mother. Now during his 5th year he has almost become a fixture of the castle itself knowing it inside out.​
Love the backstory! You're accepted.

Begging your pardon, but shouldn't we be starting the students off with the train journey to Hogwarts as the setting is September 1st? Or are the upper years allowed to stay at the school while the first years would be on the express? Just want to get the facts straight before putting a post up. Royally Rose Royally Rose

Begging your pardon, but shouldn't we be starting the students off with the train journey to Hogwarts as the setting is September 1st? Or are the upper years allowed to stay at the school while the first years would be on the express? Just want to get the facts straight before putting a post up. Royally Rose Royally Rose
Some of the upper students stay the holidays at the castle, including summer, because of the dangers. First years and any students that went home for the summer would be on the Hogwarts Express.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back