• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Twin Thorn...

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

AlmighTy

Two Thousand Club
The Kingdom

[IMG='width:456px;']https://i.pinimg.com/564x/b2/8a/23/b28a2374b36563504c1620abcf9be4d3.jpg[/IMG]

The castles troops had just returned from a battle in the southern region with the neighboring kingdom who lived right on the border. The troops stopped by taverns and sang with the ladies in the village it had been almost a year since they had seen a woman. The prince warrior Casper politely declined a drink and rode to the castle with a few other noble warriors. When they reached the gates the King stood tall as everyone got off their horses and bowed to him. Then he stood in front of his son and bowed to him, they both stood and the king held his son's arm up "My son has returned!" he cheered. Casper gave a slight smile and walked into the palace where he was greeted by noble women asking to hear about his journey and began pulling on his armor. Casper sighed "Have you seen my brother or Lady Elise?" The women said "No" and helped him take a seat he began to tell them about his adventure.

"When we first arrived we were greeted with bodies as far as the eye could see. No blood or wounds just bodies it seemed as if everyone was sleeping. Then I saw her A
a little girl 5 or 6 I approached her to help and she grazed me with a knife." Casper said showing the scar. The ladies covered their mouths "Please continue..." They said all moving closer. "I would but I have to find my brother and Lady Elise." he smiled and began his search to find them.

[IMG='width:350px;']https://66.media.tumblr.com/4517680756bc25e73de4d71f8a97189e/tumblr_oj8622wsAb1sru9xzo1_1280.jpg[/IMG]
Elise Darling Stormborn
Elise had often spent her time in the kitchen as a kitchen hand, helping her mum out baking cakes and pastries which were her speciality as well as her favorite to make. That day was no different from the past few, having been in the kitchen before the sun had even risen and smelling like freshly baked cookies but looking like a flour-monster had hugged her a few times too many. Over the course of several weeks, she had been hearing rumors that the eldest Prince would be returning home from battle, however, as each day past with only rumors and no Casper, it was beginning to feel a bit hopeless as to when he'd actually be back. Although she wouldn’t admit it, his company was often the only source of a socialization that she would receive since she wasn’t necessarily on speaking terms with her step sister nor with the younger Prince. Feeling their stares, which mostly felt like daggers, kept her away from being near them. Sometimes it felt as if she was the ugly duckling while her sister was constantly being sought over by countless suitors and praised for her violin skills, but that didn't necessarily bother as long as she had Casper's company.

While finishing her last batch before being letting off for the day, there had been several other women in the kitchen the morning of who were speaking of Prince Casper arriving at the castle. However, from the several rumors she'd hear before these past few weeks, she was doubtful that it was truly him and not some nobel that possibly had the same features as him. Elise brushed it off, continuing her work and finishing within the hour. "Thank you for your time dear, we'll see you soon." Her mother thanking her as Elise cleaned up her station, "I'll see you soon mother." Giving her a warm smile before leaving. Chills ran up her spin as the stark difference between the kitchen and the halls hit her, it was refreshing but she also got cold too easily.

Elise couldn't help but sigh as she tried to brush off the rest of the flour from her dress and face, missing a few spots on her cheeks and hair before making her way down the hall. "Won't you just come home already.." Mumbling under her breath, her shoes tapping against the granite floors and echoing off the walls with each step.

AlmighTy AlmighTy

2im1jt0.jpg
-annabeth nathalia clearwater-
If there wasn't a performance in the castle or if her stepmother didn't ask for her help with something, Anna was in the nearby town, either playing music in the square or taking a walk around in between sets. For the past few weeks, she had been hearing talks among the other servants and a few of the townsfolk about the eldest prince's arrival. She didn't think much of it then since it usually proved to be wishful thinking on their part more often than not. But when she heard it come from the royal adviser himself a few days ago, even spotting some of the soldiers around the local taverns after her set, she knew it had to be true which could only mean one thing: Elise would be exceptionally more unbearable than usual when she finds out about it. With a deep sigh, she headed back to the castle, fixing the hood over her head to protect herself from the chilly weather.

Pulling her hood down to reveal her face to the guard, she passed through the back entrance, making her way towards their quarters. She generally avoided the kitchen area for the meantime, knowing that her stepsister was working there as she slightly adjusted her things while she walked. Once she reached the door, she procured a key from her pouch and unlocked the door before she stepped in the room, closing the door behind her as she undid her loose braid. She placed her violin down on her bed and placed the bundle of flowers from her patrons into a jar of water, taking note to bring them over to the cemetery in the morning, while she simply stuffed the letters into her drawer, 'I wish they would already get it in their heads that I'm not interested...' She dimly thought as she got out of the bedroom, thinking of showing her face to her stepmother to tell her she was back while she locked the door.

She walked towards the kitchen, peeking her head out to look around for her stepmother, being cautiously mindful if Elise was still hanging around. Spotting her motherly figure with no sign of the younger girl, she waited for her to notice she was there before gently waving with a small smile on her face. The woman had been nothing but nice to her since her father's disappearance and for that, she was grateful. She decided to let her stepmother go on with her work so she excused herself and continued along to the direction of the garden.

Prince Gideon Edwards of Evergarden

The day was quite warm and although the large windows of the War Room were wide open, Gideon found the air inside quite stifling; even the breeze seemed like the humid breath of some foul creature. Of course, it could also have been the fact that the younger prince had just spent the better part of the last three hours hunched over maps of Evergarden's borders and its surrounding countries. War was something Gideon could never think himself fond of, although some people did. Yes, some people actually reveled in the fight, and relished the opportunity to claim fame and glory. His twin brother was due to arrive any hour now, and instead, he was forced to receive a lesson in tactical strategy.

In the distance, a fanfare of trumpets sounded and Gideon knew this to mean the arrival of the troops, and more importantly, his brother. Has it really been nearly a year? He thought to himself, wondering momentarily how much his brother had changed. Would he consider himself a hardened warrior now? Would his face be ridden with the scars he had earned in battle? The younger Prince frowned at the thought, and with a wave of his hand, dismissed his tutor and leaned outside one of the windows. From above Gideon could spy a small procession of Knights and his eyes searched them readily, although with their armor on and from this distance it was hard to tell who was who.

I wonder if Wesley has made it back alright... The sight of his brother quickly eliminated that thought from his mind and grabbing his light blue cape from the chair it rested on, he flew out of the castle to meet him with a smile.​

Prince Casper Edwards of Evergarden
Casper started to feel overwhelmed as he searches for his brother and Elise more and more people started to approach him. The war had given a different perspective on life and also a different appearance. He started to feel like he wasn't himself anymore, Casper soon found himself looking into the pond reflecting on who he used to be trying to determine if that was who he still was. Then a servant approached him "My lord is everything alright?" Casper motioned for her to sit next to him, he always saw the servants as equals and so when no one was around they treated him a normal man. "I've done things that go against my beliefs... I saw things that I can't unsee and look at me...," He stands with his arms open "Am I the same man I was when I left." The servant smiled " I've watched you grow from a weak child into a man, I am not the same woman If was yesterday nor will I be the same woman tomorrow." The servant stands "I think you're really worried about if Elise will look at you the same with your new appearance." The prince blushed "If a woman can't see beyond the skin she isn't the one... and you know ..." Casper looked away "I know... she's not a princess... Thank you that will be all"

Artadarius Fontane

Evergarden never ceased to lift Artadarius's mood. The warm air (or at least, warm compared to Maelstrom), blossoming greenery and magnificent architecture that he had learned to associate with a well-earned break greeted him on the well-trodden path to the castle. Given this, Art was surprised to find the slowly dissipating crowd of civilians as he slowed his steed to a trot. It was a strange thing, Art's arrival was always greeted with interest, though it seemed someone else had beat him to it. And upon hearing the excited words everyone was passing around, he was fairly certain who it was.

"It seems Prince Casper has come home. How long has it been? A year?" Art looked over his shoulder to his entourage of two guards. Horwich was the one who asked. "Sounds about right." He responded with a tilt of his head. "Can't say I'd know for sure, though. Didn't really know the man." Art spent all of his time in Evergarden in the company of Uzbek and perhaps she, too, wanted a getaway from family matters.

The main road was getting more and more crowded as he neared the castle and Art was getting worried about trampling some poor old lady. "Drawn in quite the audience, hasn't he. I reckon we better walk from here, lad." Torvus, the other guard, piped up. Art nodded and obeyed, wondering how Beka would feel about her brother's return.

Art made it on to castle grounds with little fuss. The Evergarden guards knew him and even invited Horwich and Torvus for a celebratory drink. Art dismissed them with a smile and a jab about 'old drunkards', then made his way into the castle in earnest in search for Evergarden's favourite princess.

mentions: D U H D U H
notes: open to interaction with anyone really

Princess Uzbek Evergarden
Uzbek sighed looking out the balcony, fatigued from doing nothing really. The days have been moving slowly lately and she wasn't sure why. Sliding her hands on either end of the balconies handles she lightly put her head down. "Uzbek what are you doing?
You weird girl." jolting up at the tone of her nursemaid she energetically spun around. Sighing she calmed herself before she spoke since her nursemaid would usually scold her for her impulsive movements, "Praying." This response caused the nursemaid to laugh causing Uzbek's head to go down Uzbek had no ida but recently her relationship with her nursemaid drastically changed, "You're perfect, aren't you?.... Praying? What are you praying for?" the slightly aged woman began folding clothes while Uzbek walked over next to her, "For the gods to have mercy on us all and choose the right heir." The nursemaid stopped smiling, "The gods have no mercy, that's why their gods. You'll learn sometime soon. No matter how much you pray the gods won't -"

_______

Uzbek didn't know why she ran out at that time sighing she turned around shutting the door of her room she always despised her small talks with her nursemaid. Despite her wisdom which she enjoyed at times she also had this darkness around. "Uzbek!" something small came flying towards the princess which caused to her tense up and get ready for the impact. Opening her eyes she looked at one of the familiar women opening up to scold her friend Uzbek was instead the one being yelled at, "My lady where have you been?! You're bother has ret-" Uzbek didn't wait for a second to hear the words that would come after instead she began running towards the castle gates.

The maid stared at a running Uzbek, "Wait! The Prince has also-uh why bother."

Uzbek had lost her breathe but that didn't stop her from running not when she ran head-on towards a man causing her to fall flat on her face. Standing up in a hurry she apologized, "Sorry sir I did-" yet once she looked up the excitement from her faced drained it was filled with more confusion, "Art!?" Once she realized who'd been standing in front of her smiled returned to olive toned skin. Uzbek didn't hesitate to embrace her friend of many years. Although she was hoping to see her brother she felt guilty that she wanted to see Art more. Could you really blame her though her brother preferred spending time with his Elise beside Art was the only one who understood her besides Gideon who god knows where he was at a time like this? Uzbek released him punching his elbow lightly, "This time you're not leaving until you take me with you. I really wish to see where you grew up...oh and of course I want to meet your sisters." Uzbek teased nudging his stomach this time not that lightly, "Did you meet anyone who's caught your heart yet? Or is it still the crown?"
Mentioned: spacepanda spacepanda AlmighTy AlmighTy rivers and oceans rivers and oceans
Interactions: seusha seusha

Last edited:
Time: Around 7 pm

The king stands tall with both sons on the side of him Gideon to his right and Casper to his left. "One year has passed since I've seen my eldest son he has grown into quite the warrior and a fine man. My youngest son only by five minutes has become a man of words and a man of God. I couldn't be prouder and my daughter Uzbek has become such a fine woman. As we all know one day my reign will end and it will fall upon one of my sons to carry on my legacy and to take care of the people of Evergarden. We are the bold, the brave, and the righteous three words that describe my children. Let us not forget my love the beautiful." He says looking over at the queen. "We also have many guests here with us Prince Artadarius Fontane VI of Maelstrom and Princess Zat Bin Constantineau my eldest sons betrothed." Casper facial expression changed slightly then he put his smile back on. The king smiles and holds us his sword "Let the party begin." The king is then pulled away by the queen.

The throne room was covered in rose petals Caspers and Gideon's mothers favorited flower. Dancers flooded in giving everyone flower crowns and drinks, "Brother, its great to see you and to find out that I'm getting married to a woman I've never met. Why didn't you write to me and inform of this?" Casper looked slightly disappointed at his brother he knew they had grown distant but he didn't think they grew that far apart." I brought you something back I left it in your chambers." Casper said as he looked into the lively crowd. Casper wore a white and gold tunic with blue jewelry as an accessory and his gold crown. Then the music started to get upbeat and the servants started setting fruit and other favored things to the left of the party. They also made sure no glass went without wine the king and the queen stood in the corner probably arguing over the rose petals. "Father really went all out," just as he said that a man walked with a roasted pig, Casper swallowed his wine and began looking through the people seeing if he could spot Elise.

Last edited:
[IMG='width:350px;']https://66.media.tumblr.com/4517680756bc25e73de4d71f8a97189e/tumblr_oj8622wsAb1sru9xzo1_1280.jpg[/IMG]
Elise Darling Stormborn
Elise had arrived to the celebration a bit later than expected, having been held up in the kitchen due to understaffing for the evening and would have to go change into more suitable attire in exchange for her flour-covered uniform. It wasn't until mid-day that she found out about Casper's return home was not a hoax, but her household duties kept her away from seeing seeking him out. At this point, she was basically bouncing out of her shoes, the excitement had built up from since a year and knowing that he was in the castle the entire day only made her more anxious to see him. Although Elise did not have much attire to wear, much that would be considered "fancy" anyways, she managed to save her coins and buy herself a rather plain black dress that hugged her at her waist. Looking good wasn't her main priority anymore, simply getting all the flour from her hair was.

Luckily for Elise, she arrived late enough to not hear the King's announcement about Princess Zat being engaged to Casper. The party had already been set in motion and people were either dancing or talking amongst themselves while Elise scanned the room to find Casper. Seeing Casper was the reason why she came, she just really needed to see him. The back of him head! She could recognize that head from a mile away! Elise came up from behind him, taking a big breath before composing herself and finally, gave him a light tap on the back. She couldn't help but grin from ear to ear but she made sure to stay proper since this was in public and he is the Prince. "Excuse me your royal highness, I was hoping you'd enlighten me about your travels.. I've never travel beyond the Kingdom walls before." Her voice was shy and sweet but her heart was racing.

AlmighTy AlmighTy

Zat Bin Constantineau

tumblr_p688l0vQQj1qhb6pqo4_250.gifZat looked at her reflection in the mirror wiping away her tears instantly once she heard the door open. A young woman who had been with her the moment she arrived to assist her in the language barrier. Zat didn't like her despite her being the only one who knew how to speak her language. She was born in this country and despite what she's been through this woman didn't seem to understand anything, "My lady! What are you wearing?! Oh dear, why are your eyes red?"
"My attire?" Zat sniffled walking over to the her handmaiden who took out a pink gown, "My lady this will be the first time your betrothed will glance at you don't you want to show him how pretty you are? Black is a bad omen on a first meeting-"

'1.gif"My mother is dead!" The handmaiden flinched dropping the gown opening her mouth slightly looking at the anger in Zat's eyes she closed it not wanting to fuel her anger, "One of my brothers was slaughtered in cold blood before he was born and the other is nowhere to be found! You expect me to wear pink to smile and laugh all to get a princes attention! They would not let me send my mother away and now you're taking my right to moron for her. Know your place you're a handmaiden you cannot order my emotions I pick what I wear it's my only right in this castle." The handmaiden bowed down apologetically and quickly exited the room. Zat clenched her forehead making her way on to the bed she sat down.

Zat focused on he breathing trying to calm her self down, she regretted her sudden outburst. Standing up she gave her self one last look in the mirror her eyes still red but still, she managed a small smile and with that, she walked out to greet the king. Her handmaiden was in the lead guiding the way through the hall. This wasn't the first time she saw these halls, "I know where the ball is being held...I came here many times when I was young. Prayed to be somewhere else." The handmaiden didn't respond instead she kept her steady pace not making eye contact, "Back then I only thought about what I wanted never about what I had." Once again no response instead the handmaiden stopped opening the door to be greeted with a king making a speech proudly.

Zat walked over to hear what he had to say of course he was going to mention her ignoring the speech after that she spoke to her handmaiden without giving her eye contact instead her eyes were fixated on Prince Casper, "When will the ship carrying the children arrive." the handmaiden motioned with her hands that she would go check. Zat made her way towards the Prince after the speech. Interrupted by a girl who seemed child like the aura around her shined with excitement. The brown haired girl tapped the prince's shoulder causing Zat to tilt her head. Instead of waiting for them to finish she approached the duo, "Your Highness." she said kissing his palm then turning to the lady she lightly and swiftly kissed both sides of her cheek. "I'm sorry I have burdened you with this engagement...I had no idea. I thought I was sent her for my protection not to form an alliance." The handmaiden translated the foreign language to the prince, "The Princess greats you. The princess doesn't wish to burden you with this engagement...She had no idea that she was her for this engagement. She thought her father sent her here for protection not to form an alliance."
Mentions: rivers and oceans rivers and oceans AlmighTy AlmighTy
Interactions: AlmighTy AlmighTy rivers and oceans rivers and oceans

Last edited:

The younger Prince had failed to meet his twin brother before the Throne Room announcement, having lost him in the large crowd and subsequently becoming distracted by the return of Squire Wesley Pierce... or was it Knight Pierce now? The slightly older boy had new armor on and Knight Edmund Farnsworth, one of the King's most favored Knights, was nowhere to be seen. Had he not survived the battle? At least Wesley made it out alright... Gideon thought for a moment before shaking off the thought. It had been nearly a year since he had seen him; they had both grown older. Gideon had hoped that he would have also grown out of his apparent affection for the man as well... but his hopes seemed dashed on that front.

Gideon frowned slightly at the King's announcement, lost in thought. It would seem that Casper was now engaged to be wed? He found himself lightly wounded by the news as his father had taken him under his wing as of late and yet he had not the slightest clue of his elder brother's betrothal. He turned left slightly, sneaking a peek at his brother who also seemed to be caught unawares. But they both had been trained well, and before anyone could notice both princes were all smiles and the party had begun.

Playfully hitting his brother's left arm he let out a small laugh, "Cas look at you! War has made quite the man of you!" It was true, and truth be told Gideon who had always prided himself on his looks was now slightly jealous. War had taken out all the softness in Casper's features; he was bearded and slimmer than ever but muscular. He looked every bit the Warrior Prince. "Honestly, this news has come as a surprise to us both. You know how Father can be," Gideon's brows furrowed slightly accompanied by a frown as his speech was interrupted by a servant, and not just any servant, Elise.

"Ah, Miss Stormborn," the younger Prince interjected before his brother could speak, "it surprises me that although you claim to have never left the Kingdom's fine walls you still seem unacquainted with proper social customs." Taking a glass of white wine from a passing serving girl the trio were now approached by yet another young woman, although unlike Elise this one was finely, yet darkly, dressed. "If it is protection the Princess seeks, please tell her it shall be our country's utmost priority to ensure her safety," He spoke to the Handmaiden of Caspers new fiancee and turned to him for confirmation.​

Artadarius Fontane
1547884987821.png

Artadarius heard footsteps first, then saw Beka's figure running, no, barrelling his way. Internally, he was screaming for her to by the Gods, woman, look where you're going! Externally, his hands came up to brace himself, then immediately to catch her as she fell. But alas, he was too late. Her look of exalted surprise filled Art with childlike glee, undercut with the sunshine-fondness he felt only for her. "Beka!" He said with a grin as she pulled him into a hug, and adding later with a pat on her head, "my goodness, you've grown."

On every one of Art's visits, Beka seemed to drop the occasional hint about seeing the other half of his life. Art had always pushed for it to his father, but only half-heartedly. It was from a selfish corner of his mind that told him to keep Beka and Evergarden separate from his work for as long as possible. Don't think about the fact that eventually, it will be in his best interests to marry her. But then she landed a blow on his stomach.

"You see-"Art started, gesturing between his stomach and her elbow. "This is why I can't introduce you to my sisters. The twelve of you separately, I can handle. Your combined forces? I fear for my life, dear Beka." His false scowl melted into a smile as she asked about his heart. "You know me. Power-hungry bastard with a black, black, heart; completely devoid of love."

And then Art was hit with the realisation that if Prince Casper had returned, then surely there would be a feast. And if there would be a feast, he would surely be invited. And most egregiously, the most formal wear he'd brought was an old military jacket for the sole purpose of warmth and worn travel trousers. "Say, Beka, you wouldn't happen to be in the possession of formal attire for a male about my stature, would you?" He asked tentatively, fearful the answer might be: 'depends, what are your ethics towards borrowing without permission?'. But she simply winked, took his arm and led him up the stairs.

~~~​

Throughout the King's speech, Artadarius was stealing glimpses at the returning prince, amazed at how much he'd changed from the frail, cadaverous boy in his memory. His face was fuller, his skin had colour and muscles lined his bones. He looked manly. 'Like a true leader,' the voice in his head, sounding suspiciously similar to his father's, supplied. As soon as the petals started to fall and the partygoers began to move freely, Art rushed to Beka's side, in fear of talking to diplomats he hadn't prepared a dossier for. "Introduce me, Beka. I don't want to do it myself. He looks scary now." He said flicking a rose petal off her perfectly styled hair. "Oh, and before I forget to mention it, you look stunning."

interactions: D U H D U H
notes: art arrives in gideon's clothes like and subscribe if u agree

Prince Casper of Evergarden
[IMG='width:208px;']https://i.pinimg.com/originals/34/bd/5b/34bd5bf4ecd33eb854aeaa89ab0787d7.png[/IMG]Casper looked at his empty wine glass and tried to handle the situation to the best of his ability. Wanting to hold Elise and give her the undivided attention he knew it wasn't the right moment. He smiled at the princess and bowed to her "As my brother said if its protection you seek I will make it my utmost priority.." He turned to Elise and "Lady Elise, I would love to tell you all about my journey... Let me introduce you to my fiancee Princess Zat Bin Constantineau this is her translator." Casper scratched behind his ear it was signal him and Elise had made when they were younger basically saying he couldn't talk right now and meet him in the garden afterward.

Many things were thoughts were going through Caspers' head first how could he get out of marrying this princess. She wasn't ugly or not his type but he has had his mind set on Elise since he was a child. He loved Elise to make to give her the shame of being a mistress. But his heart was too kind if marrying her would save her life then that would be the right thing to do right? Casper cleared his throat "Princess Zat if you don't mind could we go over to the balcony and get acquainted I feel like I should know more than just my fiancee's name." He bowed to his brother and Elise "Brother, Lady Elise... hopefully, we can all catch up after the party." right before walking away walking away he turned and looked at Elise giving her a comforting smile.

Last edited:

2.gifUzbek stared at her father as he gave his speech mention how much of a strong man his eldest son has become Beka merely thought of how he shrieks like a girl every time he sees a bug when they were young. Uzbek wonders if he still does that just then a smile creeps up her face so vile you could almost tell her intentions but that we'll leave for another time. Her father once again said something interesting Casper was getting married once she heard this her eyes shot towards Elise."Wait which one am I? I must be the bold right I am very bold." Once her father finished his speech Art clung to her causing her to roll her eyes. "Your sisters have turned you into a woman. Who is even standing next to me where is ART? Where is my friend?" she said pinching his nose jokingly, "Her I thought you were a man." Uzbek flinched back thinking Art was going to attack but he merely flicked off a rose petal opening her eyes she looked around feeling childish.

"Alright, I'll introduce you. My brother has changed a lot so you have to talk about his favorite subject...insects ok? If you don't bring them up he won't be merciful. I told him myself Art loves bugs-" before she could finish she stopped moving all together shaken up a bit. Looking up at Art she tilted her head, "Are you sick? Me?! Who's stunning? Is there someone behind me?" she turned to check but found that they were standing next to the deserts turning back to Art shaking her head in slow motion, "Oh you poor thing. Your sisters have done something to you." Uzbek took his hand and gave it a quick pat as she made her way to Gideon.

"Big brother!" she shouted running over to Gideon leaving Art in the middle of the ball, "How are you, big brother? Where's Casper? I want him to meet someone-OH yeah brother this is Art-" she said gesturing to what was supposed to be Art her best friend was instead a butler, "A drink miss?" Uzbek eyed the butler turning back to her brother she pointed at the butler, "Who's this? Gideon Where's Art?" Looking around she spotted Art confused in the middle of nowhere," Oh there he is. Brother wait here." Turning she went to grab Art locking elbows with him, "Brother this is Art." Noticing Elise looking down Uzbek tried to get her attention, "Elise how's Casper doing did he the idiot propose yet?" she said whispering the last part.
Mention: AlmighTy AlmighTy
Interactions: spacepanda spacepanda seusha seusha rivers and oceans rivers and oceans

Last edited:

Downing his drink after his elder brother left with his new fiancée, Gideon handed the empty glass to Elise. He was about to demand she fill it when her heard Uzbek's voice calling out to him, and with a smile turned to greet her. "Well if it isn't my favorite sister," he jested, tilting his head curiously when she spouted out too many questions for him to answer.

"Art?" He asked. "Do you mean Prince Artadarius? I haven't the slightest notion where he could be." The younger prince's eyes widened when his sister linked arms with a finely dressed young man and towed him over. He stood still for a moment, his mind churning. The young man before him was, well, very handsome. "...Prince Artadarius?" He asked tentatively, his eyes taking in the prince before him. There's no way that scrubby faced child I met all those years ago could have turned into this.

Taking another full glass of wine from a nearby servant Gideon raised the glass to his lips. "It's most intriguing; I have that very same ensemble in my own closet. Dear Sister," he reached out, attempting to unlink Uzbek and Art, ignoring her question to Elise. "A word please."

Zat Bin Constantineau

tumblr_p5dr7hV8Wz1x21oa0o2_r2_250.gifAlthough there was a language barrier Zat could understand most of the words being said basically the gist of it. Despite that, her translator proceed to tell her what they had said most of the time she was translating Zat was eyeing the prince. And once again although there was a language barrier Zat was not blind, despite his attempts to hide it she could tell he was in love turning to the side Zat bit her lip as she eyed the woman. So in this woman's eyes, she was a villain the woman who took her lover from her -Zat's train of thought was broken when the prince turned to face her. Saying a few words she understood them surprisingly it's only been a week in these lands. Her handmaiden opened her mouth, Zat turned in lightly grabbing her handmaiden's hand speaking in her own language. "Shut up. Stay here. I would like to talk to him alone."

Zat turned to the prince following him bracing herself for the worst. The windy breeze was a breath of relief taking a deep breath she licked her lips which became dry. Turning to face the clouds she spoke in the prince's language well tried to.
"You..." she hesitated trying to look for the right word, "Love...that woman?" it sounded like a question but Zat didn't intend it to be she knew he liked her. Feeling apologetic not knowing how to apologize in their language Zat apologized in her own language, "I'm sorry."
intentions: AlmighTy AlmighTy
Mentions: rivers and oceans rivers and oceans

2im1jt0.jpg
-annabeth nathalia clearwater-

Not wanting to be involved in the preparations, Anna hid herself deep within the palace garden for most of the afternoon, simply enjoying the light afternoon breeze. When the night tainted the skies a bluish purple, she decided to call it a day and made her way back to her quarters, ducking away from the other servants' eyes. She changed into something more appropriate for the occasion: a white off shoulder blouse, long black skirt with a black worker's corset which accentuated her waist and her better-looking boots. A uniform of sorts for palace performance. She gathered her hair onto one shoulder and pinched her cheeks to give her face a little color, deeming herself ready before she picked up her violin and went to the hall, arriving just as the king made his speech.

Hearing about Casper's bethrothal to the beautiful lady in black she found out to be the Constantineau heir, her eyes almost immediately wandered for Elise to see the look on her face at the revelation, only to see her come in after the speech and naively come to Casper. She gauged the looks on the other guests' faces, surprise and displease being the more prominent ones, to which she couldn't help but to slightly revel at. Once the princes left, she made her way towards Elise, “Ah, you seemed to have forgotten our place, stepsister. You can't simply come up to the prince during these events, even more so in front of his bethrothed. That simply won't do.” She tutted behind the younger girl as she shook her head, a small yet condescending smile gracing her lips. “Might I say, that was rather shameless of you, don't you think. It comes off a little...” She trailed off, letting her figure it on her own before she walked away to her usual place.

Last edited:
[IMG='width:208px;']https://i.pinimg.com/originals/34/bd/5b/34bd5bf4ecd33eb854aeaa89ab0787d7.png[/IMG]Casper felt his stomach drop when the princess asked him if he loved Elsie. He started to think “Should I lie... if I marry her I don’t want a marriage based on lies,” Casper looks at Zat “She looks like she’s in mourning. Look at her pale skin in slight bags she looks like she’s been up all night probably trying to figure out how to end this engagement. Maybe she saw my portrait and thought I have to marry that? She's dreading being here I should tell the truth.” Casper clears his throat and says:

“I’ve loved her for most of my life... Growing up I was very ill... I would watch her play in the garden from my room's window. She always looked so gentle... She would get stung by a bee before swatting it.” He said laughing

“However, my grandmother would be ashamed of me if I didn’t put my own needs aside for the sake of an ally it is my duty as a prince and a knight.” Casper looked at Zat with his deep blue eyes “I’ll protect you... but in return you must tell me why you’re wearing all black to a feast of honor uniting our kingdoms and why do you look sad is my appearance not what you were expecting or is this engagement a surprise to you as well ?” Casper takes his cloak off and wraps it around her “It’s a little cold..” Casper looks at Zat as she talks analyzing her gestures and expressions.

Zat Bin Constantineau

tumblr_p9kqfeSFxs1qhb6pqo2_400.gifZat eyed the prince as he spoke of his love the way he spoke of her made her unconsciously smile and as he laughed she laughed. Once Zat heard of his grandmother her eyes frowned it was as if her mother had told her of a fairy tale that had no happy ending. And although she disagreed with the prince's grandmother she also agreed. The woman whom he loved wasn't born of noble blood. She wasn't trained as a princess to able to withstand what goes around her once she becomes queen and the way the prince spoke of her kindness she wouldn't last a day. The prince will be too busy with official affairs to aid her It's best she remains a mistress but Zat didn't dare say that.

Zat was surprised to hear that the Prince would protect her, it was a relief but at the same time, there was another feeling a feeling of dread. Smiling she opened her mouth to thank him but what came after gave her chills, "What?" her smile slowly faded as she eyed the prince's expression. Did he truly have no idea? Or did his father not mention it to him? Her thoughts began to wonder until it reached her father. Why hadn't father told the king? Would he have not accepted the proposal in fear of an unknown alley? That explains why the maid had no idea. Then that means either was she shouldn't speak but she needed to trust him. Breaking her train of thought Casper placed his cloak on her shoulders although she felt grateful she wondered if she should tell him her region only had snowy weather so this was nothing.

"My...how do you say? mother? is dead," she said trying to crack a smile, "Our castle was attacked by an an...unknown enemy. He killed my mother and my unborn brother and kidnapped my younger brother. They also killed one of my children...Brought them along because I was afraid..." she stopped in between her sentences to try to figure out which word she should use. "Your..grace my father could not protect me...no that's not it." she turned her head to the side to try to figure out which words to use, "It's...that I am a...burden to my father. I don't want to burden..your grace."
Mentions: rivers and oceans rivers and oceans
Interactions: AlmighTy AlmighTy

Elise Darling Stormborn
It wasn't long before the dots were connected right in front of her, "engagement" and "fiancé" were words thrown around like confetti at some sort of surprise party, and damn was this a messed up surprise. The smile on her face slowly faded as well as Prince Casper and his new Princess, replaced by the cruel words of not only younger prince but her step sister as well. At some point, she had been staring at the glass that Gideon had shoved into her hands without having realized it. Their sharp words were something that she had always known, having grown used to their insufferable attitudes yet tonight, she could feel it crawling under her skin like a bug. No, she wouldn't let it get to her. This marriage was bound to happen one way or another, her relationship with Casper was nothing more but childhood friends. That's what she wanted to believe, taking a second to compose herself before drawing a forced smile on her expression. I'm going to be ok and no one will get to me.. not them at least.

What they both said were cruel but they were also right, it was not her place to act the way she did. She got ahead of herself and acted out of rash emotions and not thought, she would be more careful next time.. if there was a next time. With how things were going, next time would not happen and perhaps things would be ending tonight. It hurt her to believe that but he wouldn't be fighting her fights, only she could. But she couldn’t help her hands shaking ever so slightly..

Just like that, Elise quickly countered the young prince, "I apologize for my lack of proper customs, your highness. I simply wanted to congratulate Prince Casper for his engagement with his new fiancé, I'm sure he'd made a wonderful king alongside his new queen. She is truly beautiful." Her voice wavered momentarily, not coming off as confident and unbothered as she’d hope to be. Although she didn't want to admit it, she was being honest when she said that the princess was beautiful. Turning over to Princess Uzbek and her acquaintance who had just joined the conversation, seeing the princess was a relief for Elise, for she was the only one who didn't seem to completely hate the young maid with a burning passion, "It is wonderful seeing you this evening Princess Uzbek, Prince Artadarius." Curtsy to both the royal members, perhaps the princess could take Elise away from the situation or at least take the devil away himself. She was getting sick of being in this ballroom, she just wanted to lay down and call it a night despite it only having started.

D U H D U H spacepanda spacepanda seusha seusha

Last edited:

Artadarius Fontane
1547974360196.png

Artadarius would be lying if he said Beka's attacks to his masculinity didn't sting. Echoes of her words manifested as the scorn of his court, sneers of how his sisters have brought him up a soft shell of a King, ("Perhaps he would've turned out better if he was on speaking terms with the older sister."). But Beka didn't mean anything by it. She would never. His Beka would never hurt him. He smiled through it, focusing on her antics, instead of her words. "Betrayed-" He clutched dramatically at his heart, "-by my own best friend. What happened to the sweet princess that took me to see the tulips bloom?" He countered.

There was something about insects (insects?) and then another thing about his sisters and then Beka was off, shouting over the crowd like nobody's business. Everything was a whirlwind with her, caught up in his own amusement, he'd lost her, then found her again and in a flash, Art had the audience of Prince Gideon and two other women he didn't recognise. The prince was giving him a look he couldn't decipher, but judging by their past interactions, Art was mentally preparing for the worst. "Edwards." He started to say, the name rolling off his tongue like a bad habit, and though his expression remained impassive, it followed immediately by: NO NO NO YOU CAN'T CALL HIM THAT! Art was hoping for a chance to amend their childish feud, but he supposed now was probably not the time.

Fortunately, the prince diverted his attention to his sister. Unfortunately, it was to ask about the clothes. Art opened to interject with an apology and a plea to put the blame on him instead, but he realised it would likely do more harm than good. Instead, he turned to Elise and her now departed sister. Before his screwup just earlier, Art had put two and two together from the mistaken whisper of her engagement and the snide words by her sister, to Beka's past ramblings and the look on Elise's face. Art figured she was devastated, but the attempts to put her in her place hardly weakened her resolve. Art found it admirable. The heart wants what it wants.

"Likewise, Lady Elise." Art greeted, pressing a light kiss to her hand, as his mother had taught him. Looking at her now, he recalled the conversation he had with Eiadyna, the supposed heir to Maelstrom, at least before his birth. Her look of hatred towards his very existence, the patrons of the castle that wanted him gone. The world was conspiring against him. He knew how Elise felt.

"Please extend my congratulations to Prince Casper on his successful year-long campaign. Quite the achievement. You must be very proud, I understand you are close with him." Art regretted this was the only way of reassurance he could offer her, but it was something.

interactions: D U H D U H , rivers and oceans rivers and oceans , spacepanda spacepanda
notes: I have no idea who said what at what time so please let me know if I got something wrong

[IMG='width:208px;']https://i.pinimg.com/originals/34/bd/5b/34bd5bf4ecd33eb854aeaa89ab0787d7.png[/IMG]Casper wrapped his arms around Zat "I'm sorry... you're supposed to be grieving yet you are forced to be here." Casper held her in her arms he wanted her to know she was safe but deep down he felt like she was just another reason for him to go to war and leave the palace. Another reason for him to leave Elise once again he felt that pain in his stomach. He had so many questions he wanted ask Zat but this wasn’t the right time. He unwrapped his arms from around her “Tomorrow we can discuss a plan... meet me in the library I’ll have a servant get everything set up.” Casper kissed her hand and headed for the exit he had to reach the garden. He needed to see Elise he had to explain.

2im1jt0.jpg
-annabeth nathalia clearwater- nicolas adam donovan

From where she was in the hall, Anna could see the way that Elise was a few feet away from self-destruction, how she was trying to make it seem like their words didn't affect her the way they intended to, but she knew she had hit a nerve with her words, combined with what the younger of the twins had told her. She followed with her eyes as her stepsister probably made an excuse so she could escape, this time not without showing a sign of respect to the younger royals before she left. She allowed herself a small triumphant smile before she schooled her expression to her usual calm nonchalance.

ttfc-nad
With the show over for now, she began to fiddle with her violin's pegs, trying to tune it according to tonight's lineup when she felt something cold brush against her bare shoulder. Looking up from what she was doing, there stood Nico, holding an empty tray under his arm as he offered her a glass of sparkling water, “A drink for the lady. Figured you might want something before the performance.” She placed down the violin on her lap and took the glass, nodding her thanks before she gingerly took a sip of her drink while he took the spot beside her, “Y'know, you could afford to be a bit nicer to poor little Elise. She's trying to hold herself together in front of everyone on the outside but on the inside, she must be hurting.” The brunette let out a snort, ”Good for her, then. It's actually refreshing to see her try to make sense of her broken pieces for once 'cause honestly, if I have to watch her make an even bigger fool of herself, all goo-goo eyes for any longer, I'm going to strangle myself with a violin string.” She gestured at her neck with the tip of her bow. "I don't know about that, I think it's adorable watching her be with Prince Casper, kind of like a puppy.” The withering look she gave him almost immediately after that statement almost made him laugh, “I was just saying, no need to give me that look, Tals.” He poked her cheek, unaffected by her glare. She lightly flicked away his finger, making a show of rubbing her cheek with the back of her hand, "I will when you stop saying stupid stuff that make me want to gag."

Last edited:

'0.gifUzbek eyed the girl who was Elise's sister Uzbek hadn't been surprised at her behavior that and she didn't even greet the prince. She talked to her sister with the most vulgar tone ever, most of the time Anna had been talking she made attempts to strangle her from behind. Soon after she finished the few words she had to say she left. Uzbek didn't want to let her leave like that insulting a person as she wanted in front of a prince and princess, even Gideon who we all know hates Elise would never allow such mockery to happen while he's around. "How dare she? A mere servant insults my brother's lover! Know your place!" Leaning towards Art Uzbek spoke in a loud voice making sure the walk Anna could hear, "If I wanted her dead would you kill her-actually death would be too merciful for her."

Uzbek turned to Elise who was frozen for some time but regains her composure as if nothing happens she hated that trait about her. Taking Elise's hand forcibly, "Elise...shut up. Ok? Don't do that, don't act as nothing happened. Why are you letting them walk over you." Grabbing the goblet from her hand she forced it towards Gideon, "You do that. And you tell him I'm not here as a kitchen servant I was invited by the Princess and the Prince. Today I am a guest."

"As for your sister, sister or not treat her the way she treats you...but worse." Saying this she took a cup from the passing trays and handed it to Elise. Uzbek stopped to rethink if she forced Elise to do this she would get in trouble but if Uzbek did this no one would bat an eye well maybe-no....no one would bat an eye. Turning to Elise she smiled, "If I had a sister, no if one of my brothers treated me like this I would turn their rooms into a bug infested wonderland but if my sister did something like this." she motioned to the cup that she had given to Elise taking it for herself she walked over to Anna noticing the man next to her she smiled, "Hello. You're cute are you new?" and without a warning she poured the wine on top of Anna's head.
Mentions: spacepanda spacepanda AlmighTy AlmighTy
Interactions: rivers and oceans rivers and oceans lostwanderer lostwanderer seusha seusha

[IMG='width:295px;']https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b1/3d/c0/b13dc0bfba1364a6818e6d8600eadd33.jpg[/IMG]
Elise Darling Stormborn
Elise was taken back at how kind both the Princess and Prince Artadarius were, smiling a bit as Artadarius placed a greeting kiss upon her hand, "Yes, Prince Casper and I are childhood friends. I am nothing more but happy to hear about his engagement, I wish him the best." She tried to conceal her feelings beneath the facade that they were nothing more but friends, nothing more and nothing less. Between her step sister and the younger prince, she had already faced enough embarrassment for having such irrational feelings for someone like Casper. "How dare she? A mere servant insults my brother's lover! Know your place!" Brother's lover eh? Well there goes the 'childhood friends' argument. Elise couldn't help but let out a rather nervous laugh upon hearing her say their relationship so openly, especially after the engagement announcement. She was starting to feel more like a mistress at the sound of 'lover' from Uzbek's lips.

Elise's hands were quickly held together between Princess Uzbek's, an expression crossed between surprise and a bit startled crossed her face as she was told to shut up and stand up for herself. Unlike her step sister, she wasn't one for much of comebacks or blunt ones at that. That was another reason why she stuck to books and letting people walk over her. She had no status that allowed her to be anyone better than a mere servant, often fearing that the words she says may jeopardize the her mother's workplace in the castle. Afterall, working in the palace was their only way of supporting themselves financially.

"I'm sorry for disappointing you Princess Uzbek, I hold no authority to speak to the young prince in that manner unfortunately," Elise leaned a bit close to Uzbek to spoke in a softer tone of voice, "If I could, I most certainly would but with how much he already hates me, I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to send me to the guillotine." Pulling back as she gave her a rather forced smirk. Elise had always adored the way Princess Uzbek was so determined and head strong, she only wished she could be the same but she had always been more on the timid side. Uzbek was one of the only people who never hesitated to defend Elise, and for that, she was grateful. The princess continued on about how to get back at Anna and if any of her brothers treated her that way, she'd fill their rooms with bugs and of the sort. Perhaps one day, Elise could actually stand up for herself and take Uzbek's very wise and knowledgeable advice but for now, the best she could do was give her a genuine smile towards something that seemed to truly care about her wellbeing. "Thank you for looking out for me Uz- Your highness. I will forever be grateful to you." In her moment of loneliness and self-pity, somehow, the dear princess was able to bring Elise how out of her rutt and smack some sense into her.

However, their moment was quickly broken when the princess took the glass containing the dark red wine and made her way to her step sister. Although she wasn't sure what Uzbek was about to do, she knew it wasn't going to be good. In a way, Elise was excited to see what was about to happen but also wanted to stop Uzbek from doing anything rash in front of everyone. Red liquid ran down Anna's cheeks, staining her white blouse and soiling her attire as the contents of the glassware were emptied on top of her head. It seemed as if the event had come to a stand still, Elise watched with widen eyes before realizing what she had witness. She quickly covered her mouth with her fingertips as a smile formed, Oh that was beautiful. Uzbek is a wonderful princess indeed. Someone had finally put Anna in her place for once, her head was starting to get a little big with how arrogant she was becoming.

interaction : D U H D U H seusha seusha
mentioned : lostwanderer lostwanderer spacepanda spacepanda

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back