Tsubaki's Training Grounds

KageYuuki

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Roleplay Type(s)
Come here between arcs to get your ass kicked. Maybe learn a thing or two in the process.

Nakajima Aokawa

[SIZE= 14px](Collab with @KageYuuki)[/SIZE]

It started one afternoon, when he approached his teacher during one of their regular nature manipulation training sessions. He was progressing quite swimmingly but it didn't seem enough for Aokawa.

"Your control's improving," Tsubaki mused, studying the cuts on the pole that steadily extended higher and higher. "It's getting late, we'll call it a day here."

They were supposedly done for today and despite doing only nature manipulation, Aokawa was close to exhausted. That didn't daunt him.

Aokawa was in deep thought as he reassessed his strengths and weaknesses.

"Lightning nature, eh?" he whispered to himself.

Lightning based techniques for the most part, close-range oriented. They were known for their sudden and quick destructive force. The way he saw it, he needed a to learn a few things to fully utilize his chakra nature. It was either the ability to close or create gaps in an instant, or the ability to constrict and limit his oppenent's movement.

"Tsubaki-sensei..." Aokawa called out as he was still gasping from their training session. "Is there a technique... that can make me travel great distances in a flash?" he asked, still panting.

"Hm?" She looked back at the exhausted genin. "Well, there are a few that I'm aware of. Why?"

"Please... teach me." he requested as he took a deep breath. His eyes showed a hint of uncharacteristic determination on his part.

In truth, Aokawa took to heart what happened during their last mission. He was easily outmaneuvered. He wanted to be more mobile in order to avoid that from happening again.

Aokawa clenched his fist before speaking again. "I... almost cost the entire team our lives because I got caught immediately..." he said almost hesitantly. "I don't want that to happen again."

"I see . . . " In the time it took to blink, the jounin had vanished from sight.

"The body flicker technique," Tsubaki spoke standing behind Aokawa, the cold steel of a kunai lightly pressed against his neck. "Is a jutsu that allows shinobi to close gaps in a near instant. It works on a similar principle that substitution does: in that you're using your chakra to temporarily boost your speed."

The blade was returned to its pouch. "This is slightly more advanced, considering you're travelling further than you would for a basic substitution. But it works in a very similar manner."

Aokawa felt chills down his spine the instant his teacher disappeared and reappeared. She gave him a brief explanation, and it was enough for Aokawa to figure out. What was difficult was putting it into practice.

Every day, after their nature manipulation training, Aokawa would practice the technique with his teacher by playing a high-speed game of tag. Needless to say, Aokawa has never managed to catch his teacher even once, but he was getting better and better at using the technique.

[COLOR= rgb(169, 169, 169)]Akihiro Tsubasha[/COLOR]

(Collsboration with this one right here @KageYuuki)

It was morning, and Aki was still in his bed. He had practiced all the night before to understand the scroll he had found in the shrine. But, nothing can be that easy.

His arms were sore due to the constant hand signs he had to do. Karuy was at his bedside, sleeping on his back. Rising from the bed, Aki stretched a little, letting out a slight groan. 

He had taught about eating, but then he saw the scroll on the table. It was almost taunting him. His hand reached out and grabbed the scroll, bumping into his sister. "...Hey sis. Good morning, I'm going out. Tell mom I'll be back later..." 

And with that he was off. His sister was still rubbing her eyes, not comprehending what happened. 

In a few minutes, his hand started to knock hard into the door of the Mifune compound. He knew where Tsubaki was, as her brother was one of his past team-mates. "...Tsubaki sensei!.."

After a few moments the gate opened, an older man with dark green eyes looked out at Akihiro. Judging by who he was looking for . . . "You must be one of Tsubaki-san's students." He motioned for the genin to go ahead and enter. "I'll see if she's still here." 

He turned away from Aki, the clan emblem - four tomoe encircling one another - emblazened on the back of his dark grey kimono. 

Aki was initially shocked at the sudden appearance. He nodded slightly, before entering the compound. His eyes were fixed at the emblem on his back. "... I should try and find our family emblem..." 'But I would have to scour a battlefield to find it' His mind replied. 

While waiting, he unwrapped the scroll, trying to see if he missed something important. "...At least the ghost won't haunt me anymore... I hope..." 

"Ghost?" Tsubaki asked, standing in front of Aki. She wasn't wearing any of her gear, no sword or flak jacket, not even her headband just yet. The jounin arched an eyebrow as she glanced from the scroll to her student.

Aki's eyes imediately shifted upwards, straight at Tsubaki. "...Oh, uhm, nothing just some superstitions... A-Anyway, I taught y-you could help me with this technique..." His left hand extended forward, holding the scroll out to Tsubaki.

Why would he be superstitious over a scroll? Tsubaki lightly took it and skimmed through its contents. The paper was old and worn, it looked like it hadn't been stored properly for years . . . "Hmm, I might be able to lend a hand with it."

Aki's eyes beamed up, smiling and almost jumping with joy. He joined his hands together, as if to say a prayer. "Really?! That would be excelent! I knew you would accept and would be nice, and-" He stopped and returened to his normal self, blushing slightly and clearing his throat. "...I mean, thank you, Tsubaki-sama..."

Tsubaki gave a light chuckle, rolling the scroll back up and returning it to her excited student. She studied him for a moment, noticing his exhaustion. "Have you even had breakfast yet? Why don't you come inside, there's plenty left." She motioned towards the house.

Aki wanted to refuse, but his stomach growl kind of gave him away. "...I-I could eat at home... I still-" The smell of food made him shut up, and, lowering his head, he walked slowly into the house, his blush growing bigger as he felt embarassed. "...Thank you..."

Tsubaki nodded as she lead him into the kitchen where Ayame, Go and Yuuki still sat. Yuuki seemed  to be fumbling slightly with his chopsticks, a bandage around his hand seemingly getting in the way. 

A smile flushed on his face as he saw Yuuki, his former teammate. The smile turned into a slight woried expression as he saw the bandage around his hand. Remembering his own, he tried to hide them, putting them behind his back. "...Good morning..." Aki said, his volume low as always, and a slightly warm smile on his face.

"Hm?" Yuuki glanced over at the door. "Aki? What are you doing here?" He mumbled past a mouthful of rice. 

"Go ahead and have a seat," Tsubaki said returning to her own meal.

Aki nodded and sat next to Yuuki, looking at him. "...I needed help with a scroll... And my teacher happens to be your sister..." His deadpan delivery was acompanied by a smile. He took a bowl of rice annd started to eat as well. The hand that was holding the chopsticks clearly showed the signs of where the kunai pined him to a tree. After taking a big gulp, he spoke up. "...How did you get that bandage, huh?..."

"How's your hand doing, Akihiro-kun?" Ayame asked, setting down her cup of tea. Being one of the few medic nin in the village, she'd been the one to treat Aki the night Squad C returned to the village. 

"What, this?" Yuuki looked down at the bandage wrapping aroung his hand, "It's kind of a long story . . . but it's something that marks me as an adult in the clan. Though it won't be healed for a little while still."

Aki smiled warmly at Ayame. "...It's doing good, Ayame-sama... Thank you for helping me..." His eyes turned to Yuuki, as he raised his left palm, showing the wound on his palm. As he turned the palm to show the exterior of it, the wound showed itself there as well. "...This is from a readhead... But you should see the other one now..." His eyes went to Tsubaki for a moment, then he puts his hand down, continuing to eat. "...How's the new team?..."

Ayame nodded, "That's good. Though I get the impression you haven't been taking it easy like you're supposed to . . . " She added, quirking an eyebrow at the genin.

Yuuki nodded a little, picking at the fish on his plate. Why was it leftover fish for breakfast . . . ? He decided not to push Aki for more details on how he ended up getting hurt. 

"The team's going alright so far. Kazou-Sensei's pretty good, Ayumu can be a bit of a . . . " He hesitated for a moment, opting to use a differernt term for the more flamboyant member of their squad, "A jerk, he's a bit of a jerk sometimes." Yuuki still wasn't too sure what to make of Ryu just yet. Sure, he was living with the Mifune clan now but he didn't really talk. Preferring to be off on his own doing whatever it was he was up to the past week

Aki laughs a bit, blushing as he felt a little bad that he didn't listen to her advices. His attention then shifted to Yuuki. "...That sucks... For us, it isn't that bad. Ago is still Ago... But about the new boy, Aokawa... I don't know what to say about him... He is a little more, reserved..." His eyes peeked a little at his teacher, then back at Yuuki. "...But he was alright so far..." He finished his bowl of rice, slowly putting the chopsticks down. "...Thank you for welcoming me..." Aki says, slwoly bowing his head. "...Can I be excused?..."

Tsubaki nodded, standing as well. "I'll be out in a minute if you'd rather wait outside." She stepped out of the kitchen, heading for her room to finish gathering the rest of her equipment.

Aki nods and starts walking towards the courtyard (or wherever they could train). He was eager to see if his teacher could help him with this new jutsu. Putting his hand on his chin, he started to pace back and forth, trying to remember the hand signs.

It was only a few minutes before Tsubaki reappeared at Aki's side, easily keeping pace with the frustrated Genin. "So why don't you explain what you've done so far in learning this new technique? Where are you having difficulty?"

"...Well, I do all the hand signs... But it won't do anything...Look..." He gets in possition, exhales, and does the corresponding hand signs. "...Earth Releease : Hidding like a Mole!..." It takes a few minutes to realize nothing is going to happen, at witch point Aki groans in frustration. "...See Tsubaki-sama?..."

"Hmmm..." The jounin studied him for a moment, watching as he wove the signs and as the jutsu failed. "If I'm remembering correctly, you're capable of using the headhunter technique are you not?" If her theory was correct then she may be able to nudge him towards the answer.

"...Yes, I could do it easily..." He does the technique and quickly dives into the ground, then exits not even a few feet away. "...But, I can't really wrap my head around this one... The ground should turn to a sort-of fluid like in the headhunter one... If only I could..." He starts thinking, trying once more to execute the technique. The ground indeed started to shift, but then the earth just became hard again. Aki could not understand what he was doing wrong. "...It's just... I don't know... I can't dive like with the other technique...Ugh..." Aki let out a groan.

"This jutsu follows a similar principle that the headhunter uses," Tsubaki brushed a few strands of hair from her face. "Focus on the same method you use to dive underground with the headhunter technique. But instead of stopping the moment you begin to disappear, keep it going."

"...Alright..." Thinking of how to do it, Aki closes his eyes, does the signs again, and starts to concentrate. The chakra flows into the ground, slowly moving the ground from his feet, Aki slowly starting to go down. Aki opens an eye and sees this, and starts to smile, but suddenly it speeds up, then stops all of a sudden, leaving just the earth behind, and his left hand. "...Help!..." Aki manages to muffle from the ground, his left hand made into a fist. He could breath, but the whole being left underground without a hand left him virtually unarmed.

Well . . . it's a start.

Tsubaki walked over to the now trapped Akihiro, carefully pulling him free of the still loose earth. "You're starting to get it, you just can't stop flowing your chakra into the ground. Keep calm, focus."

Aki coughs a little, starting to brush himself. "...Thank you Tsubaki-sama..." Looking at his hands, he sighs. "...Do you think... It was my fault that we failed?... I mean... I didn't want to abandon Ago... or Ao..." Aki seemed a little sad all of a sudden, his left hand grabbing his right one, kicking the dirt. "...I needed to be faster... And more stronger... Right?..." He looked up at Tsubaki.

A slow sigh left the jounin's lips at the change of topic, she knew it would come up sooner or later. "The fault doesn't fall on one single team member in this case," Tsubaki studied him as she spoke. "It's the entire team that's at fault . . . While being stronger helps to a degree, without teamwork it means nothing."

"...I tried with Ago... When she attacked, I just exited the ground, and took the readhead hostage... But she was a clone... I taught that a little breather would not end up in us dying, and you arriving faster... I was mistaken..." Looking again at his hand, he turned it palm face down, the wound appearing there too. "...And how can I talk to Aokawa?... He is even more quiet than me..."

Tsubaki shook her head, "Just dwelling on what happened is only going to hold you back. What's done is done, you need to learn from your mistakes and move on." It wouldn't be easy, she knew that much from personal experience. But if he didn't . . . the same mistakes would just happen again. 

"The three of you are going to need to talk about what happened with each other. If you won't train with each other, how do you expect to be able to work together properly?"

Aki nodded, letting his hand down. "...You are right Tsubaki-sama... I will talk with both of them... To see if we can train..." He remembered that they had done that already with her brother, when they were on the same team. His mind was still on Aokawa. Aki didn't even knew anything about him. But he was determined to at least try and befriend him.

Sighing, Aki slowly bowed. "...If you'll excuse me, I have to head back home... I need to run some errands... Again, thank you Tsubaki-sama..." And with that, he started walking towards the exit, stretching his limbs while walking. The ground was not a good mattress to lay on.

Ago Aburame

Because lazy @Orikanyo still hasn't posted this collab

[SIZE= 14px]"You did it! On your first mission! Oh Ago I'm so happy!!" [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Well done! How rare to have killed on your very first outing. You performed splendidly my dear."[/SIZE]

Ago wasn't fully sure how to take this. in truth, she has not really had TOO much praise from her parents, when she did good on tests and such of course but that aside she had always been rather average. She has gotten most praise from her proficiency with her insects. 

But then again.

She was expected to be excelling with her cuties. So she can't really take too much from  that...

But... killing somebody was to be a milestone? It was hard to think of doing while just out and about like this... But...

It was enough to buy her a present? 

"This will be much better suited for you, Tsubaki would be able to teach you some nifty tricks~!" She remembered her mother's words, the woman was often cheerful, more so when she talked about ninja related topics... though often you didn't want to go there as she went a bit too... graphic at times...

It was easy to see where Ago got her mouth from though. 

But now, now Ago had to deal with a kodachi, or as Ago called it, "The shit sword." Seriously? Not like a good katana like those other guys have, she gets this thing!? Why not a executioner sword! That thing is huge! Seriously she could maybe lift that thing after some training right!? 

Right!?

She'd be able to take down anything! 

And who would mess with her with THAT thing on her? 

No one!!!

Of course she'd have to grow a bit... or rather a lot...

"...Come on puberty, why won't you hurry up already!!!!" The small young woman swung the kodachi like a twig in the air, until she sighed, letting it point towards the ground. "...I guess it's pretty..." She mumbled to herself as she looked it over. 

They did spend a bit to get it... apparently it was high quality? So... she had to be good and keep it. Who knows? It might come in handy...

...Wait... was somebody there?"

She gazed around the area, she was currently at their "super secret headquarters" in the old district, a place Ago was currently putting some elbow grease into remaking into a much better hide out. She had traps in a lot of places, some that the guys knew about, some that they didn't. 

But... who could be watching her?

Tsubaki hung from the ceiling, watching her young ward's frustration. Tracking Ago down hadn't been too difficult, especially when pointed in the right direction by Yuuki. "It's a very pretty blade," the jounin finally said as she moved from her perch down beside Ago. "I'd been asked what kind of blade you be most fitting for you . . ." Tsubaki mused, studying the genin and the sword. "It seemed a kodachi would be the best fit for you."

Ago gave the suddenly appearing woman a glare from behind her shades. This woman never knew when to leave her be huh? Hmmph, guess she was the one that stuck her with this.... runt of a sword. 

A pretty runt of a sword mind.

"Hmmph, so you're the one who told them to get this, huh? Figures." She huffed, turning away from the woman with an obviously annoyed look upon her. "Fitting of me... you're right on one account, it is pretty enough to be mine." She peered at herself in the shining reflection of the blade's side, but also keeping a eye on Tsubaki... in case this sneaky jounin tries to do anything. 

[SIZE= 14px]"So? What is it? Are you here for business or pleasure? I was just finishing up my trap practice so.... Mind your step." [/SIZE]

"They approached me wondering what kind of blade would be the best fit," Tsubaki shrugged, "I gave them an honest answer." She leaned against the wall, eyes still following Ago's movements as the genin fidgeted slightly.

[SIZE= 14px]"Your skills aren't aligned with someone charging straight into the fray, stealth is a major key in laying your traps. Carrying around a full sized katana would only get in your way. Not to mention kodachi are better suited for defense and countering."[/SIZE]

Another slight shrug, "It's hard to effectively use a weapon without any training on the matter."

"Oh, and I guess you're thinking of training me in its use, huh? Let me guess, do you also want to tell me how I best breathe? Or perhaps tell me how I should think as well? Pftt, whatever." The young woman ran her mouth a bit before putting the sword away into its sheath. "I suppose you have SOME warrant however, being a jounin." She shrugged, taking two steps forwards and seemingly scraping something off her boots....

"But I wonder... how much of my skill have you really seen? Do you really know me as much as you think?" She asked with a rather... devious... grin started sprouting upon her face. 

it's time to do her own tests... if this Jonin falls for HER traps, a genin's... she might just not be as worth Ago's time as she thinks... 

"Well? What's say we play a game? You win? I shall agree to your obviously superior judgment. I win... well.... then I win." She let lose a.. childish giggle. Were it anybody but a true ninja, a shiver would have been felt up their spine...

Tsubaki remained silent, watching Ago as she lashed out. Bit of a temper on that one . . . A slight smirk crossed the Jounin's lips, "I know what you and your files have told me." Not to mention what she'd heard from Yuuki and members of the Aburame . . . But that wasn't important at the moment.

She quirked an eyebrow, tilting her head slightly out of curiosity at Ago's proposition. "Alright then, what's you game?"

And so... it began....

From the moment Ago "cleaned" off her boots the trap was set off, a certain way to activate it, plant the foot down, twist twice and scrap backwards. Enough to not be able to be triggered on accident. 

As they spoke, the wire that was loosed slowly made its way behind some barrels, disappearing from sight all together. the young woman looked towards Tsubaki and gave a large exaggerated bow. 

[SIZE= 14px]"It's my favorite game ever."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Don't get hit." [/SIZE]

As the sounds of creaking became evident, the young woman started laughing like what could be called a god damn maniac. 

First wave

From the abandoned buildings came four things hurtling forwards, first a large crate that was flung directly towards her person. Second was a large un capped barrel filled with a... viscous black liquid of sorts that flew up into the air, spraying its cargo all around the area.. third was a... pillow? That flew onto the ground just in front of where Tsubaki was standing.

The fourth object however was a... big red balloon, flying towards the sky. 

Several other sounds were happening all across the area, though one building was largely left untouched, probably unused yet due to the fact it had a large painted sign saying "Construction in progress, stay out." 

Perhaps a hiding spot?

Tsubaki's expression remained unchanged at Ago's little display. Confident in her traps it seemed . . . that was good. 

Now then, just what little trick did the girl have in mind?

Even without the ryugan, Tsubaki was able to see the incoming projectiles soon enough to evade them. Avoiding the crate gave her enough room to keep any of the . . . was that tar? Where'd Ago even get a barrel of the stuff? Let along move it?

Bah, didn't matter, there were other things to worry about at the moment. 

Like the . . . 

Pillow . . . huh. 

"An interesting set up, Ms Aburame." Tsubaki finally said, at least it would be a slight workout today. The giant red balloon was plenty easy to spot, but something so obvious . . . 

[SIZE= 14px]"Multiple stages then?"[/SIZE]

Without a single word out of the young woman's mouth she flashed the woman a shit eating grin, and two finger pistols, if she wasn't wearing shades, Tsubaki would also be seeing a wink. "Damn straight!" 

It was then shit started flying, from roughly every window facing the area objects came flying out. 

Small cups, tableware, a worn teddy bear, several rocks, a table, 3 large round balls of what seemed to be wound up rubber bands, a large, particularly angry raccoon, and 3 smaller balls that immediately went up in a large smoke cloud as more unidentifiable objects started flying out upon the area. 

The area quickly started to fill with smoke as more and more confusing items started to fly into the area, and a large sounds could be heard over the area.... a pop? Then the sound of feathered wings flapping into the area. 

...indeed.... Ago had summoned the very creatures that plague the skies of Kemuri. 

How did the red balloon bring them here? 

Training them, red balloon? It's feeding time. 

The pigeons were calm for the time, guided by the scent of the sweet molasses below...But one wrong move... and there would be one hell of a price to pay...

From amidst the smoke Ago giggled. "Watch your step, they're all around... if you're not careful they might just- eh?" 

She blinked for a moment and looked around, looking very confused... 

"...what... was that sound?" She asked herself as the sound became clearer.... "...oh... oh no! Tsubaki! Game's off! Game's off! They're coming!" 

The one thing that can ably fight off the pigeons, the two species at war with each other all across Kemuri's old city...

The cats... 

Drawn by the sudden flock of birds no doubt, itching for a fight! This flock and the cats... a war is coming!!! 

"Hm?" It seemed the second volley was coming . . . more improvised weapons. "Using your environment to your advantage . . . a sign of a true shinobi." It was here the ryugan proved itself useful as she drew a pair of kunai to deflect many of the smaller objects. No sense in damaging her katana over silverware after all.

Many of the larger items were dodged well enough, a nice kick was plenty to deal with our irritated raccoon for the time being. 

Smoke bombs began going off, obscuring her vision from the incoming projectiles. Ago could likely see a few glimpses of the bubbling, dark purple chakra that enveloped Tsubaki. "Obscuring your enemy's field of vision, a wise move." 

With Akira's help, large waves of chakra was enough to deflect the rest of the oncoming items.

Eh? What's that?

To think Ago would summon those creatures in the matter . . . they were never the kind to truly be controlled . . .

Tsubaki could hear Ago beginning to call out to her. They're coming? What's coming? What was it with Kemuri's animals being out for blood in the first place!? 

Finally the smoke cleared enough to get a better idea of what was coming. 

Well Ago called their little game off . . . Time to get out of what would soon be a war zone. She moved over to the genin and grabbed her, careful to dissipate the cloak first. With help from the body flicker technique, they disappeared from what remained of the 'hideout.'

Now out of the area, and a place that was safe form the war between foul fowl and ferocious felines, Ago let out a large sigh. "...Well... I guess that's over with... probably will have to find a new hideout too, meh, plenty of places in the old city." The young woman shrugged and gave her jounin a once over.

"You're pretty good, I'll admit that, I'm still not the greatest with traps yet, I never planned to truly hurt anybody with those so they were rather more for distracting and.... practice...." She twiddled her thumbs in a rare state of modesty. 

"...Sorry if I was rude. It's just... it's been a lot, you know? That mission, even if we got Fuku home was... it was a failure... I was an idiot and didn't scout ahead, the guys got hurt.... lost two hives... though... getting them back was no issue really." She broke from her rather... sad state to gaze at the insects crawling over her left hand, they were numerous... yet... they were part of her very being... Each tiny body... 

"...Not many people like my bugs, they think I'm weird or something. But I guess that's just because they don't know about them too much, or they just think they're ugly..." She sighed heavily once again and shook her head, slapping her cheeks with both hands. "Now, you won so... what do you think I should do? I'm not getting rid of my coat, too much stuff in there. Should I change the way I move? Talk? Hell even I can stay quiet." She urged Tsubaki to get talking.

[SIZE= 14px]"Well?"[/SIZE]

Tsubaki was quiet, letting her student speak her mind. There was plenty of potential there, no doubt about it. But so much frustration and doubt . . . The jounin offered her a small smile, lightly tousling Ago's hair. 

"You don't need to change anything like that." Tsubaki's expression was more gentle than normal, proud even. "You have a lot of talent, Ago. It's just a matter of honing those skills, perhaps even branch into other areas you find interesting."

She moved away, studying the genin for a moment. "If you truly don't have any interest in learning kenjutsu, then no harm done. It's your path to carve after all, I'm just here to help you."

Ago gave it a moment to stare at the woman before her... the sun positioned just below her shoulder... her eyes.. for once... kind and proud.... 

HOLY SHIT SHE'S PRETTY!

I mean, nothing like Ago of course but...

HOLY

CRAP

Ago's mouth was dropped open for but a moment before she nodded, trying to remember exactly what the woman said while she was... distracted. 

"Umm... sure... alright then." she nodded, hearing the last part of it. "I would like to learn how to better... you know... hide... stealth and such. I don't know much jutsu either, aside what the academy taught me." She scratched behind her head and tried to stop staring for a moment. "...is there anything that I can use to hide better? Or maybe move REALLY fast?"

"...I..." She sighed and shook her head, not believing she even had to say it. "I won't be all stupid anymore, okay? You're fine in my books!"

Tsubaki smiled, nodding at Ago's announcement. So she'd finally earned the trust of two of her students now . . . if she could just figure out the last one . . .

"So you want to hide better and be able to move quickly when the situation demands . . .?" The jounin mused, not bothering to hide her smile. "Well, it just so happens those come with my specialty. I could probably show you a thing or two."

She motioned for Ago to follow her, "But first, food. I've been so busy with work I haven't been able to eat since this morning!" The jounin chuckled before glancing over at Ago, "You can pick the place, my treat."

"Yea! Though.. hiding should come first of course, why run when you can just save your energy!" she nodded, looking quite confident in her words. Though with the offer to eat... Ago knew the exact place she wanted to go... would Tsubaki be able to handle it? 

Possible...

But if not she was in for a laugh or two~!

[SIZE= 14px]"I know just the place!!!" [/SIZE]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leading Tsubaki to the restaurant Ago sat down at one of the tables, examining the menu. "Milk please." she answered the waitress's inquiry to what she wanted to drink. she had done this many times before, and she knew EXACTLY what she wanted... her parents didn't let her go too high on the heat, mainly because it made them curious if she really should be eating such spicy food...

But Tsubaki wasn't her parents...

And she wouldn't get the chance to say no~!

After placing her order, the young lady stared at Tsubaki, awaiting her order. 

Tsubaki blinked, studying Ago for a moment as the girl placed her order. She didn't expect her to like things so . . . spicy. 

Unfortunately, the jounin wasn't exactly one for spicy foods. Never was. 

"Uh, just the mild curry, please." She watched the waitress give a slight nod before leaving. "Never placed you for a fan of spicy foods," Tsubaki said as she looked back over at her student. 

"Oh you know, I'm just full of surprises~!" she giggled with devious glee, happy to see that her sensei said not a word about her not ordering it... The dish was famous around the city, hell ever stretched towards koseki, the hottest curry around... And she FINALLY is able to take it, toe to toe!!! 

"But... what jutsu will you teach me?" she asked looking curious, she did like surprises but... well...

Why not ask?

Tsubaki poured some tea before leaning back and taking a sip. She hummed in thought for a moment. "Well, you did say you wished to learn more stealth based techniques first..." She set the cup back on the table, "Learning to suppress your chakra is a more basic way of doing it, but it can make you basically invisible to sensory type shinobi. It may be best to start there or something similar."

Perhaps the Aburame clan had a similar technique taking advantage of their beetles...

"hrmmm..... Mom did say something about doing a thing like that once, but it was... kinda the opposite? I forgot the story.." the girl scratched behind her head, trying to remember. "Something about messing with Sensory types, but instead of hiding you... make decoys? Something like that? I'm not fully sure how it works." 

The young girl was mainly trying to spend time before she can get her rightfully deserved reward, the curry, so near... she can smell it being made already... 

It shall be glorious!!

Oh? Wasn't that an interesting technique . . . Perhaps she should look into this. They had a good bit of time before the curry was done, not to mention the Aburame clan home was nearby.

"I may just have to go ask about that . . . " The jounin mused after a moment. "If I'm understanding it right, that may be a more versatile jutsu. If you'll excuse me for a moment," with that she slipped away. 

Standing outside her home, tending to a peaceful garden. Ago's mother, Mei Aburame, was busy staring at a... leaf? No, indeed she was not staring at a leaf, but at one of her most favorite insects within the whole world, aside from her own, a mantis. 

Its stoic pose, awaiting the next meal that happens to scurry past it, its claws bent forwards, always ready, always waiting.... "Oh my! how beautiful you are, trying to do a display are we?" Mei asked the bug, who responded with silence...

Because bugs can't talk...

A butterfly started to flutter past the woman, circling her form as it slowly drifted towards the leaf to rest... "Oh dear... what ill fortune for you." She giggled slightly, watching the mantis ever so slowly turn... readying itself... its claws creeping slightly forwards.... waiting.... waiting....

And then-

"Hmm?' Mei stopped staring as she heard another noise... somebody is approaching..

"Ah, Mei-San," Tsubaki offered a small bow towards the other jounin. "I was hoping I'd be able to catch you here." She rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly, being a member of a clan with various guarded techniques she knew the kind of tricky territory she was entering. 

[SIZE= 14px]"I was speaking with Ago not too long ago and she expressed interest in learning jutsu to help her better hide from others. While I do know plenty of tricks in that regard she did make an offhand comment that you'd told her of a similar technique used by your clan. I think that such a jutsu may be better suited for her, but I don't know enough about it to guide her in the right direction."[/SIZE]

"Hmm...." the woman placed two fingers upon her cheek, her other arm crossing over her chest. "I think I might know the technique she is talking about actually! How sweet my little darling is trying to grow up just like her mother~! The little sweetie~!" The woman seemed QUITE cheerful about that fact, bouncing from foot to foot in place from her joy. 

This bouncing was rather... distracting to on lookers at times. For reasons impolite to mention. The contrast between Ago and her mother is great... perhaps the young lady needs time? or perhaps to eat better? 

"Oh! But I see what you mean, it is hard for a clan to simply let go of their secrets~ But Tsu-tsu I think I can trust you~! You have such a trust worthy face of course~!" She talked as if she were a doting mother to the woman, even if they weren't to far off form each other in age... The woman walked close to Tsubaki and beaming a wide smile. "I'll lend the scroll to you for Ago's teaching okay? Be sure to tell her to return it once your done~!" 

The woman turned around for but a moment, disappeared, and returned with the scroll... and... in a different color shirt? How odd, when did she have time to change? 

[SIZE= 14px]"Here you are! You know the drill if it isn't seen in Ago's hands~! Now, you best not keep my little dear waiting now~! Go on! Get your cute butt running you~!" [/SIZE]

Tsubaki blinked, well that was . . . surprisingly easy. While she was likely going to end up reading it at some point while helping Ago, she couldn't exactly steal the jutsu anyway. After all she lacked the literal thousands of helps every member of the Aburame clan had at their disposal. That's likely why Mei was willing in entrust her with it.

A lower bow this time, "Thank you, Mei-San, I'll be sure to pass this along to Ago." She took a few steps back before vanishing in a cloud of smoke. 

A little bit after Tsubaki had left, the waitress had returned to see the young lady sitting alone still. "Oh, I'm sorry, is she not back yet? I was going to ask how hot she wanted her curry..." the waitress seemed slightly unhappy she couldn't get it answered. However, Ago felt particularly mischievous that day. 

[SIZE= 14px]"Oh, we talked on the way in, she wants the same as mine." [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"OH! that's very simple then, thank you very much!" [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Oh, no thank you!"[/SIZE]

Thank you very much.....

The present. 

Tsubaki returned to her seat across from her student. "Sorry I was gone for so long," she held the scroll out to Ago. "Your mother was kind enough to lend us this for awhile. This jutsu will be a little more versatile for you than something like chakra suppression would be." She offered a smile, waiting for the girl to take the scroll. 

Ago gave a nod before quickly grabbing the scroll, seeming QUITE excited to actually have yet another one of her family's techniques. She opened it for a few seconds, gazing at the words inside. "Hmm... hey this is just as mom said it would be! Cool!" the young woman looked almost as excited about the technique as she was the curry! 

"I mean, I shouldn't read it here, the food is almost coming." she rolled it back up, placing it into one of the... many pockets in her coat... in truth she might not even know which one she put it in. infinite pockets... an never ending space filled with who knows what!!

Tools? 

Bugs?

Candy?

Answers to the questions mankind only dreams of answering? 

A cat?

a...bat?

A rat?

A hat!

A brat? 

Well there was one wearing it right now. 

Amidst the narrator's senseless tomfoolery, the curry has finished and is on route to their tables. Ago eyes the oncoming onslaught to the senses with hungry eyes. If the woman could have seen her eyes beneath the shades, she might feel slightly worried the young woman would try to steal it from her very hands. 

"here you are!' the woman laid the two plates on the table. both seemed very hot, but the fact Ago had ordered the hottest type was part of her plan here... She relied on the scent of it to be very, very obstructive to Tsubaki realizing it was also HERS that smelled as such. 

Or... that's how it worked in Ago's head, it was foolish but.. she was hungry, brain not work to good when hungry. 

Now... to eat!

Tsubaki offered a smile and thanks to the waitress as their food arrived. Though her plate was a little more . . . vibrantly colored than she recalled from the last time visiting. Granted, it's been a long time since she'd last had curry. 

Oh well, time to dig in, eh?

"Well it certainly looks good," She mused, mixing some of the curry into the bed of rice. 

The young lady nodded enthusiastically as she... was already piling into the burning plate before her. Almost completely ignorant of the searing heat of the spice and food itself. Chewing her bite and swallowing, letting a rather... hot burst of air escape her mouth in a sigh. "Ah! it's sooo good!' she seemed to sway back and forth, as if she were in heaven...

Showing a bit of her mother in her joy. 

"Come on! You eat too" she motioned her hands as she waited expectantly for her teacher to eat... her face devoid of malice, or mischief, she knew what was going to happen...

One bite...

That's all it would take.

To think Ago was truly enjoying her dish . . . Tsubaki never thought she'd meet someone able to eat something so spicy without issue. It was a wonder Ago's affinity wasn't fire . . . 

She glanced at the bite that sat in the spoon. It looked as though it had finally cooled enough to eat without burning her mouth too bad. 

Much more flavorful than Tsubaki recalled . . . and . . . 

"Hot," She gasped, coughing a little after swallow the curry. What happened to a mild dish!? Already the jounin's face was red from the single bite.

Ago stared at the woman for a moment... oh yes... This was going to be good. "What's wrong? Need a drink?' She asked the woman, pointing to the one at Tsubaki's side. Ago had already downed her glass of milk, she had asked for actually two glasses for this very reason. 

Ago was evil, but not a maniac. 

Well, not a full one. 

Maybe.

Tsubaki gave a short nod, why did she have to take a large bite!? "Y-yeah, that might be good..." She downed about half the glass.

It did . . . 

NOTHING!

"Why is this so hot?" She muttered, nose already running. The burn just wouldn't quit, it was one bite! 

"Oh my, I never knew you were this bad with spicy food." The young woman took yet another bit with a bit of flourish in her usage of the fork. Twirling it before picking up the curry and placing it within her mouth. "Mmmmm~! I wonder if we should bring the guys here~!" 

She seemed all but unchanged by her teacher's state of emergency. "Now where is that milk... there it is~!" She pointed to the waitress bringing over two very large glasses, typically they upped the size of the milk they give for... the customer's sake. 

"Sensei, drink some milk, fatty stuff cures the burn. I would have asked for yogurt but.." Ago looked slightly pensive as the waitress stifled a giggle at Tsubaki's reaction. "We've ran out, very sorry!"

"I've never been much of a fan of spicy food . . . " Tsubaki murmured, her face still dark red, milk vanquished. She accepted the second glass from the waitress, if anything it should at least keep her from being miserable the rest of the night, right?

"Gods, if this is what's become of your mild curry I'm not sure I want to know how bad your hottest dish is . . . " Tsubaki muttered before taking another swig of the cold milk.

"Oh? Mild?' the waitress asked, looking confused before looking to Ago for a moment. She bit her lip slightly as she held in a laugh, seeing what just happened!

Ago waved it off "yea, they have some hot stuff here, it took me years to make it up to this level." The young woman smiled happily at the scene before her. "I don't mind if you want to stop by another place before we train, I don't want to leave you hungry Sensei~!" The young girl cheerfully smiled, gleaming with a mischievous glow. 

Or perhaps that was just her usual smile?

Tsubaki arched an eyebrow over at the waitress before looking over to Ago. Her expression was . . . less than amused as realization crept in.

Oh, she'll get her revenge for this little trick.

In due time of course.

Ago simply smiled and finished off her dinner, happy with the show she was given he clasped her hands together and took a small bow towards Tsubaki. "Thank you very much Sensei!' she spoke cheerfully and feigned an innocence she knew tsubaki could see through with ease... but that was simply part of the plan. 

Ago would have to face vengence one day, that she knew.

But then Ago shall gain vengence herself. 

A cycle that shall never end. 

Tsubaki glanced around one of the several open areas found in her clan's' compound, this would do nicely. Ugh, her stomach was all kinds of unhappy from the spicy food . . . 

Now then . . . 

She turned towards her young student. "The choice is yours, which would you like to work on first? Kenjutsu or ninjutsu?"

"hmm.... hmmmm...." Ago took a moment to look around... the Aburame don't have this type of place, their clan had little presence here so they didn't have this sort of land... They did have a good sized house, made bigger after people started moving away. But they didn't have open land like this. They did however have a large building to their own... so...

[SIZE= 14px]"Hmm... How about ninjutsu. Seems more my style right? Plus I'd like to see what you have in store~!" [/SIZE]

Tsubaki nodded after a moment. "Alright then, we can work on that for awhile." It was starting to get late, but they could always continue come morning. "Why don't we take a look at the scroll Mei-San gave us? She seemed pretty excited at the notion of you learning from it."

"When isn't mom excited about something? Seriously, she can't help it." Ago shrugged her shoulders before rummaging in her pockets, taking out the scroll and unravelling it. At first her eyes didn't know where to look. Appearing quite confused before she bit her lip, flipping the scroll over as she tried to sheepishly glance at Tsubaki to see if she was laughing at her misstake. 

[SIZE= 14px]"So... I gotta do... hmm... umm.... hrrrrrrr.... hrrrmmmph... Ah!.... hmm.... Ooh! Ah! No... Hrrrrrrrrrggggrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgrgr...... AH! tsk... Hummmmm.....tah! oops! AH! Oh! Hmm... ooh! AHAH! No.... huh!? AH! HAHAHA!" [/SIZE]

Various grunts later, the young woman finally finished readying the scroll, readying herself for the jutsu. "Okay! I got this, real easy! No worries about it!" The young woman let loose her bugs, the two hives she has currently. The third was still in the making at the moment but soon enough to be there. 

The bugs hovered for a moment in a swarm seemingly concentrating themselves in two areas. "Okay... and.... now!' she followed the instructions from the scroll and activated the jutsu. 

And...

With startling success she had done it! 

There before her was two chakra charged insect hives, readying to bug with any poor sensors near by... of course with them bundled up like this they looked like HUGE balls of chakra at the moment. Though... the fact Ago so quickly got this jutsu down was.. interesting.. it was almost as if she has already done it before...

Almost like she had snuck into where her family kept the jutsu scrolls and tried it in the past.

Almost like she had used Tsubaki as a reason to actually get her hands on it so she can legitimately learn it. 

Tsubaki followed the clusters of insects with her eyes, the Ryugan glowing faintly as she focused on searching for the chakra in the area. Sure enough, there were splotches of chakra in her field of vision. 

[SIZE= 14px]"You certainly got the basic idea down already, now it's a matter of refinement and improving the placement of your beetles. Right now they just come off as two giant blobs of chakra, they don't really blend in with the other sources in the area."[/SIZE]

These other sources being Ago and the few Mifune milling about outside.

Ago listened to her teacher's words and huffed slightly, "Well duh I was getting to separating them. And... Go, my minions!!" She rose her hands in the air, spreading the bugs all around the compound.

Some underneath the ground, in trees, bushes, in a... trash can outside the walls, some even went near the house and behind a few walls, almost like tiny little dogs let loose from a leash they went about all around the area, searching for.. anything that might interest themselves or their almighty powerful queen. 

Indeed, they worshiped their queen, their god, their hive, their mistress, the one who gift them life and limb and allowed them to live upon her chakra! 

Had they voices they would shout "hail Ago! hail Ago!" with each passing month, this roar would grow louder and louder as the hives grew and grew! She would become queen of the world!!!! 

Well, the bug world anyways. 

Regardless she had gotten the technique down well enough, seeing to it that  she coiled up the scroll so her insects didn't track anything on it... though it seemed somebody had done so in the past already. She was always told to be careful about that by her mother... Did... she do this? 

With that said, it was time to call back her little buggies. "Hey... Tsubaki sensei... do you think I'm weird for liking my bugs?" She asked, looking wistful as the swarms came back to her, filing through her coat sleeves to return. This was so natural to her, they exited her body through special pores... She hardly felt it anymore, it wasn't a nice thing to see, at least for those who weren't used to it... 

[SIZE= 14px]"No it's alright, I'm just tired don't worry. Is there anything else we need to do today?" [/SIZE]

Tsubaki glanced around, watching the bugs scatter, effectively making it impossible to distinguish Ago from her decoys. She definitely seemed to already be familiar with the jutsu. Or perhaps commanding the bugs was so natural such a jutsu was a simple task?

Probably a little of both . . . 

The jounin nodded in approval after a moment, "Well done. This should be helpful for avoiding detecting while setting up your traps." Tsubaki blinked at her student's question, turning to face her once more. "No, why would I think so? They're a part of you after all, it would make things difficult if you didn't like them."

"True... but not many folks like them besides me. And mom and dad but that's a given." The girl shrugged and gave a large sigh. "I'm probably never gonna have a boyfriend unless he's a weirdo! Ugh! I don't want a freaky dumby! He has to be smart! Handsome and rich too! Totally rich. Also a gentleman. Likes bugs just as much as me and will never say anything bad about mine! Or... you know.. Somebody actually real!" She let out a hearty laugh, looking like she knew exactly how to cheer herself up.

"...So... it's just us girls here huh? Hmm.... hey Sensei! Is there anybody you fancy!? You're so pretty! Lots of people must've been all over you~!" The young woman's eyes sparkled in hope, which of course one couldn't see. Surely there must be a great love story behind this cool and stoic woman! She must have left a HUGE trail of broken hearts! 

She was ALSO trying to see tsubaki embaressed, so there were two reasons behind this. 

A light smile played on Tsubaki's face as Ago seemed to start daydreaming. At least the girl acknowledged the difficulty in finding someone like that... 

Though as the student turned the question to her, Tsubaki quietly chuckled, ruffling Ago's hair lightly. "That, is a story for another day Ms. Aburame."

-The Aburame household, Ago's room.

-Early morning-

Atop a futon in the middle of the messiest room of the house, was a wide spanning mass of insects, the little bugs heaving up and down as their little tiny legs searched every corner of the room for whatever they could find. Much akin to ants, the little buggers searched high and low for something, anything they could find to feed their most illustrious queen. 

Their pile was slowly growing through the night upon the small table next to the futon, ranging from small crumbs to strange metal objects that their queen keeps picking up. they weren't sure if it was food, but their queen liked it so who were they to say otherwise right? Why else would she pick up such a thing? 

For what in this world was better than food? 

This was a question many of their most intelligent philosophers strive to answer. 

Along with various other things such as, the meaning of life, why does the sun rise and set, why does the queen not consume the others to gain supremacy, and various other things they cannot yet explain. The ones of the other hives cannot provide much more information on such answers, for even with their larger population size they still have not reached such lengths. 

For now, they do as they must and strive to feed their sleeping queen come the next morning.  

The strange mass in the corner left no yields once more, simply more of the queen's collection of strange hard things that smelled funny. The closet held more of the queen's external shells that hide her form, why she does so confuses them, and is yet another question they have no answer to. 

The ones in the black hive(the jar) know the mysteries of the external shell more along with the great brown container that oft rests upon her back. 

The great wooden box to the north shows no fruitful efforts, save for a strange bunch of papers bound together with other humans upon them performing strange acts. They do not often go there, for there is no food to be found. Though it is hidden underneath the other external shells, so perhaps it is of importance to the queen? 

The night's harvest was ill fated it seems, but the queen shall not suffer, for the other hive queen is generous. Soon, they will had independence, but for now they must endure. 

But...

What is this? 

Somebody comes?

The insects stand close to their queen, ready to defend her with their lives should they must! 

For they are the protectors of her realm! 

FOR QUEEN!

FOR COUNTRY!!!!

A small package slid across the floor the moment the door opened, the one having tossed it still behind the door and out of sight.

FOR- Oooh~! 

What's this!? 

The hive, now completely distracted by the small package rushed towards the small bundle, revealing a small sleeping young woman from underneath all of the small insects. 

For queen and country indeed. 

The young woman snored softly, her eyes closed and completely helpless in her sleep. Shades perched atop her nose as per usual, but in her rather cute bunny printed pjs as she tossed softly to her side in her dreaming. 

Blissfully ignorant. 

Tsubaki crouched beside the slumbering genin. So peaceful and completely unaware of the jounin's presence. Should she really go through with this?

. . . 

But of course. 

Channeling the slightest bit of lightning chakra into her fingertip, she reached out to lightly poke the sleeping student. "Time to get up, Ago."

Her dreams ended, with the sudden familiar voice echoing through her mind, along with a sudden jolt of electricity that accompanied it! 

With a screech that sounded like the mix of a surprised cat, a screeching eagle and an angry badger the young woman jumped out of bed, flipping head over heels off the futon and upon the floor with a dull thud. 

Softly, the laughter of a certain woman could be heard beyond the walls. 

"WHAT THE HELL!?!" the young woman shouted, looking around as she just barely reaffixed her shades upon her face before the camera could see her eyes. "I! What!? I... sen...sei?" she stared at the woman with confusion prevalent over her face. 

[SIZE= 14px]"You... I[/SIZE]...." 

[SIZE= 14px]"You..."[/SIZE]

"You sneaky devil!" she scolded the woman before looking around her room, feeling rather hollow at the moment. "..Umm.... Huh..." she stared at the mass of insects who were currently pulling a large lump of bread onto the table... besides several bunches of crumbs. "...Well... fine, you got me." she admitted, not particularly looking happy about it as the bugs slowly made their way back, climbing up her legs mostly, others flying onto her bare shoulder and....

Well I'm not going to narrate that part. 

They're going inside. 

That's all I'm saying. 

"...So what do you want? Is this revenge? You got mom in this have you?" She eyed the four new insects the others were ferrying in... "...Still won't get you outa this mom... no matter what they do.." she huffed underneath her breath before looking to Tsubaki once more. 

[SIZE= 14px]"So?" [/SIZE]

"Revenge?" Tsubaki chuckled, "I don't know if I would call it that." Though it was clear she enjoyed startling her student. It was revenge plain and simple. "The chuunin exams are coming up soon, it's time to start training for them." She stood, stretching slightly as she did so. "Besides, you had agreed to take on kenjutsu and have yet to show up for lessons."

"Right, right, sure it wasn't." the young woman grumbled, looking sore that she was taken for a fool so easily. But then kenjutsu was brought up. 

Oh boy. 

Right... 

"Erhm... yeah.... I just... never really found... time... I guess.." she made a very loose and unbelievable lie. "Okay fine, sure I've been... Putting it off. I just... umm... Well...." she glanced at the kodachi in the corner of the room.

"...Fine... Guess it's time." she sighed as she made her way to get dressed, getting out of her pajamas and putting on her normal clothes as the last of her bugs made their way to her. "So...Where are we heading?" she asked as she finalized her look with her cap. "Should be pretty empty around the place since it's the morning, so... anywhere you wanna go." She offered before picking up the kodachi, she had left it alone in the last mission, but oddly it did not carry a single layer of dust... 

"...Guess mom knew..." she sighed, plucking up the bundle her brave little soldiers picked up and plunked it into the garbage. "Little idiots... they don't even eat normal food..." 

"We'll be heading back to my home. There's plenty of kenjutsu equipment for new students there." Something that was likely of little surprise when one considered nearly the entire clan practiced the art. "You can have breakfast there, no sense in trying to learn something new while half asleep and hungry." She gave a light chuckle while leading Ago out from the room, pausing to offer a bow to the fellow jounin nearby. "We'll be leaving now, Mei-San."

"Have fuuuun~!" She sounded like she was thoroughly enjoying her daughter's unhappiness. "Don't break too many bones Ago~!" she teased, the young woman scoffed. "Humph....Let's go Sensei..." she cringed, gritting her teeth in anger... 

It was a short walk to the Mifune household, hardly anyone could be seen out on the streets of Kemuri so early in the morning. "We're back," Tsubaki called as the two stepped inside, already the smells of breakfast filled the house. "Come on, if anything there should be some tea ready." She said, gesturing for Ago to follow her further inside.

Ago kept her defiant silence up along the whole walk, occasionally letting out a small huff of unhappiness should her sensei look her way. But the introduction of the sweet smells of breakfast shifted her focus completely, Yuuki's mom's cooking was the greatest.... And it showed through the smells alone!  

Of course, her Mom's was better... naturally... 

When she didn't burn everything... 

She was good at cutting stuff up though, guess that just came naturally with the whole being a ninja thing. Besides, you don't turn down a parent's cooking regardless if it was a piece of charcoal. You only just silently wish dad would come home and take the wheel again. 

She did wonder if that bread earlier was her mother's doing, it'd be her luck that she'd finally get a loaf right only to help mess with her own daughter... 

For now, it was time to head in. "Tea sounds good, and some of whatever else is being cooked." She added, her eyes looking all around the place. She has been here a few times before, what with the Mifune family apparently being the most welcome of the groups in Kemuri... 

Which was strange considering it all. 

But it was better than being all broody and mean, plus it meant nobody would flock to her place for free food. Not that they'd get it, but she did have a good deal of space for whatever you need, lots of empty rooms still around there. 

Ayame glanced over her shoulder and offered the pair a smile when they stepped in. "It'll be ready in a bit. Yuuki, why don't you pour your guest some tea?"

"Hm?" It seemed the boy was still half asleep, taking a moment to process the request before moving to retrieve an extra glass and pouring some hot tea.

"So what brings you here so early, Ms Aburame?" Gou asked, setting his teacup down. The right sleeve to his kimono hung loosely at his side.

"Good morning Ms. Mifune!" Ago made a suddenly earnest and sunny greeting to the woman, as she gave a bow to the people in the room as a whole. Her shift in demeanor accompanied by a courteous smile and overall look of modesty when the rest of the family came into view. 

"Sensei brought me to begin our kenjutsu training." She answered swiftly her poise and demeanor was rather restrained from her usual way of doing things. But she wasn't gonna kid anybody, she was in front of the Largest heads of the Mifune family and she wasn't about to act as she usually does in front of them!! 

Even if it would be fun to tease Yuuki over how he looked so dopey right now~! 

Of course, she also kited the fact that she had been... sort of putting said training off for awhile now. 

[SIZE= 14px]"I'm not the most experienced when it comes to using swords. But it would be good to cover it with the upcoming exams." [/SIZE]

"Is that so?" Gou glanced at Tsubaki before nodding, "Treat your blade with respect and it will serve you well in the exams to come."

"There will be a lot of stuff you can do with just a kunai or unarmed in a pinch," Yuuki spoke up, his voice showing more alertness than his eyes currently did.

Ago nodded at Gou's words, feeling bad that she had left it for so long. "That is true... But I think I should play to my strengths for now. The kodachi will help me keep up in close combat." She kept it short and hoped she gave enough wisdom to seem like she at least knew what she was doing. 

Which she did.

Most certainly. 

[SIZE= 14px]"Not really much of a morning person are you Yuuki?'[/SIZE]

"Certainly nothing wrong with playing to your strengths," Gou took a sip of tea. "But it's never a poor idea to have a backup plan handy."

"No," Yuuki muttered. "I'll be fine after breakfast."

"With all due respect, this will be my second back up plan." She gave him an earnest smile with a small bow, before drinking a good bit of her own tea... Enough to wonder if she burned her mouth at all. Though Tsubaki might note it could be impossible to do so. 

Considering what she loves most in regards to food. 

"If you are interested, after my lessons we could spar, just try to go easy on me okay~!" The girl winked playfully before looking to Tsubaki, as if asking if that was okay. 

Yuuki rubbed the back of his neck, "We're probably going to end up sparring a lot." Something Tsubaki nodded in agreement with. 

Bowls of rice and miso soup with clams were soon set out on the table, plates of eggs set down soon after. "Sounds like you all have quite the day ahead of you," Ayame said as she sat beside her husband. 

For busy shinobi balancing ninja training and construction responsibilities, mornings were some of the few times he got to legitimately train. Though it seemed most gathered only recently had been roused from their slumber, Ryunosuke looked wide awake as he entered the room. For the past few hours, he'd been training himself, and his cheek had a fresh bandage over a new cut earned during his training.

Of course, he wasn't so crude in his manners he'd come in for breakfast straight from training. He had taken the time to wash up, change clothes and the like so he was presentable, though his hair was still a little damp. 

"Good morning, everyone" Ryu nodded respectfully to those gathered before blinking in surprise at Ago's presence. "Ago? I didn't know you were coming over this morning?" He remarked as he took up his spot at the table. It had taken quite a bit of time for him to become accustomed to 'breakfast time' given he had gone so long without much to eat at all, but by now, he was adjusted. 

"I was beginning to wonder when you'd appear," Ayame teased.

"Sorry, I thought I'd finally get that technique to work today. I could swear I've almost got it.... but if I lose focus for even a second I look like I tried to catch lightning in my teeth...." He chuckled as he rubbed the back of his head awkwardly.

Raising an eyebrow to the newest arrival the young woman was suddenly reminded that, in fact, Ryu was still amongst the living and indeed living here. She didn't know the whole story, something about the whole test thing back at the academy but it didn't really matter  too much to her. As uncaring as it sounds, their business was their business. 

Not like she could do anything in that regard. 

"Good morning Ryu." She responded curtly, trying to remember the last time he's even spoken to her. "Lightning in your teeth hmm? Do try not to end up hurting yourself." She didn't quite care to much... But requisite caring for a peer's well being was called for. Even when this was the first time said peer has talked to her in months. 

The breakfast, however, was now her goal. A good display of the Mifune breakfast?  Clams for breakfast? No toast? Perhaps they were all seafood lovers? Or maybe just old fashioned? 

Alas, she shall join them. 

She wanted to get to training as soon as possible of course, like ripping off a bandaid. 

"Mmhm," Ayame studied the genin, "I do agree with Ago however, do be careful messing with something you don't fully understand alone. As Mochizuki can attest, the hospital is rather busy as is." 

Yuuki, however, seemed more interested in mixing a small dish of nattou than the conversation. "I take it you're just leaving right after breakfast, Ryu?"

"Not this morning. Finally got ahead of schedule on repairs thanks to the outreach program with the Academy, so I can stick around for more training." Ryu remarked with a bit of pride. "I'll try to be careful, though. I just really want to figure out this Jutsu.. I think it has a lot of potential, if only I can figure out how to keep it from zapping me instead of the training dummy...." Ryu frowned a little as he looked at the palm of his hand. 

Yuuki only clicked his tongue, finally seeming content with the state of the rather . . . potent smelling beans.

"...Maybe you should ask the many people who can help you instead of going all solo on it." Ago let slip before she took a long sip of her tea. "But that's none of my business." The very fact she was acting so prime and poised made the jab seem more like a backstab than a bit of advice. "Or maybe even a teammate would be happy to do so." The little queen's sharp tongue was still present and ready. "Course, my team is no different." She sighed, "But I guess that's just how it is with boys."

"Oh, I ask for help when I can. It's mostly just my odd training hours..." Ryu shrugged. "If it wasn't for their help, I'd still smell like charcoal from the last failed attempt," he explained casually. 

"I really can't wait for Kemuri to get back on its feet so it can bring in outside contractors... I don't mind the work, but it makes it a serious hassle to get training in with only so many hours in a day. Soon as Kemuri can afford outside help, I'll have more time for training and figuring out these finicky jutsu." He chuckled as he scratched his chin. 

"One might consider the fact you will be facing life or death scenarios with the more important work." She folded her fingers before her, doing her best to keep up the facade. "It's one thing to be a contractor, another to be a ninja. Should you be thinking of your other work on a mission and cause yourself or another injury or worse, death. Whose fault would that be?" 

"You are a ninja, someone who will be entering the chuunin exams in under half a year's time... Every minute you waste laying brick, you lose in training, every minute you spend painting, is another minute lost training... Another minute that could be spent reaching for your goals, your dreams..." She let out a small sigh, before tipping up her head and finishing the last of her tea. "But that's none of my business." 

She turned to Tsubaki and gazed up to her mentor. "Shall we begin? I am filled with drive after such a breakfast. Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Mifune, it was lovely spending time with you. But I must hurry along to getting my bottom kicked all day." She chuckled slightly before standing up, awaiting her sensei to lead the way. 

Tsubaki nodded, finishing her bowl of soup before standing as well. She led Ago to another building, slipping off her sandals before stepping inside. Inside the space was open, providing plenty of room for several people to train at the same time. Near the entrance on a high shelf sat a well cared for shrine to the god Hachiman. Looking around, it was clear the entire dojo was well taken care of. 

"It won't be long before the others start showing up," Tsubaki's voice echoed slightly in the open space. "Come on, let's get you a proper bokutou before we get started."

The young woman slipped off her footwear as she came inside, taking a moment to glide upon the clean floor with her socks. Was it necessary to do this? No, was it required? 

Yes. 

"So...." she slid her way across the floor towards Tsubaki. "Do you have something fit for teaching how to use kodachi? ...What am I saying of course you do. Guess breakfast is still getting to my brain." She sighed, slipping and sliding her way across the room like a small ice skater. 

"Sensei, what type of jutsu can I do using this anyways?" She took a moment to take off her equipment and place them aside, taking a moment to look at her kodachi. "Something like... putting lightning into it? Maybe burning somebody with a mighty blade of FIRE!! Or... something else?" She wondered, staring at the curious weapon she had left so abandoned. 

"Blades can most certainly be imbued with elemental chakra. You've seen me do so before, though not to the extent it was on fire." Tsubaki shrugged, placing her katana on a rack on the back wall. "But like everything, we have to start with the basics before moving onto anything more advanced." She gestured to a different rack, "You can stow your kodachi there for the time being."

"W-well yea I did see that... Just... was busy with something else." A minor flash to the whole vomit fest she had after she had dispatched the man before. She plucked up her weapon once more and took it over to the rack. Feeling rather lighter once her kit was finally off her back, and actually rather agile since she could slip and slide her way around the room. 

[SIZE= 14px]"Alright, so. What'[/SIZE]s the plan then, what do we do first?"

Tsubaki seemed focused on studying a collection of bokutou before selecting one about the size of Ago's weapon. "We'll mostly be working on stance, grip, and swings for today. Once you have those down we can start on kata." She held it out to her, "Take it with both hands. Before we start you'll be sitting with it on your right side." As Tsubaki spoke, slowly more members of the clan and even a few Kemuri shinobi began filtering in.

"Alright... so... like... this?" Ago had taken her weapon and attempted to follow the motions told by Tsubaki. Holding it in both hands she held it over to her right side. "Okay? This good?'" Her grip was loose and uncertain. 

Much different than a kunai that's for certain.

Tsubaki offered a short nod before retrieving her own bokutou, "there will be some meditation before we get started." She lightly ruffled Ago's hair, "Just relax, everyone's here to learn." By now most everyone had arrived, a quiet murmur rippling through the dojo.

Ryu slipped in without much of a word. He always took his training seriously, especially on occasions when he got to train with the rest of the Mifune clan. He found himself a spot on the floor, sitting in seiza with wooden versions of his trench knives resting neatly in front of him. He knew this would be yet another training session where he learned more through failure than success. 

After all, in terms of armed combat, he couldn't beat the trained Mifune members. It was all he could do to keep up a defense. Every time he tried to make his own offense, he would receive a sound whack to remind him of the sheer gap in skill. Even still, he had taken great strides since arriving. At least now, he could make it difficult to land a solid hit, even if landing a solid hit of his own without ninjutsu seemed a lofty goal. It didn't help that the range of his trench knives was significantly less than that of, say, Yuuki's sword. It made closing the gap rather difficult...

Ago pouted as she ruffled her hair, she wasn't some kid! 

Well she was twelve.

But she wasn't a kid!! 

"Fine... let's just... umm..." She awkwardly attempted to figure out what she meant by meditate... which loosely came to her trying to copy whatever Tsubaki did. She could meditate, not too well because she'd often just feel hungry after awhile... or her insects might wander, so she didn't feel like it got too much done. But she will try, gods know she won't admit defeat on this day. 

Tsubaki eased herself into seiza, her bokutou at her side and her hands resting on her lap. It wasn't long after that rest of the dojo fell silent. The most experienced of the clan members had entered and practice would be starting soon. First a bow was offered to the shrine, then one to those that were the masters and instructors in the art. Much like Tsubaki had said, a few minutes of quiet meditation to clear the mind before training followed right after. 

It wasn't long at all before the sounds of clashing bokutou and shouts from students practicing their swings filled the hall. Yuuki could be seen correcting the stances of the younger students, whether by a light touch or harsh word varied. Meanwhile Tsubaki worked on showing Ago the proper way to hold a blade, as well as the stances one used.

Ago followed Tsubaki's instructions, though she also kept her eye on Yuuki and his actions. An instructor huh? My my, not so dopey as she first thought. She will also admit him teaching the younger students helped her find parts she was messing up herself, if by simply seeing another mess up before she did. Keeping a firm stance she finally managed to figure out what Tsubaki was talking about in handling the blade, or at least how to hold it. 

[SIZE= 14px]"And Ryu'[/SIZE]s here... Hmm... Yuuki and Ryu.... Do they spar much?" 

"Every so often, in the rare event he's here." Tsubaki lightly corrected her stance. "Don't keep your legs so close together or you'll fall over." Granted, catching onto stances from the others might have been tricky thanks to the long, loose fitting hakama they wore. At least Tsubaki wasn't wearing them. 

"Huh.. Do they not like each other or something?" She asked Tsubaki before widening her stance. "I mean, I don't chat much with the guys, save for Aki. But they live with each other... Kinda like they're trying to avoid one another." 

"I don't think that's the case," the older kunoichi mused, "granted I've almost never seen him. So it's hard to say just what's going on between those two. -That stance is much better, by the way."

"Thanks. So I guess it's the same issue we got." She scrunched up her face in annoyance before memorizing her current stance. "Guys are dumb, could they at least try and help each other out?" She questioned before looking to Tsubaki once more. "What's next?" 

Tsubaki chuckled softly, "Yuuki's often trying to find Ryu, that much I know. But usually he's working or training alone..." She shifted into the same stance Ago had, holding her bokutou out in front of her. "Let's work on swings, this one's pretty straightforward. Just be sure to lead with your right leg," the jounin demonstrated it a few times. 

Following Tsubaki's words she lunged forwards, clumsily letting out a swing, going back to position, watching Tsubaki and attempting it again. And again, and again. 

The lesson continued for a few hours before everyone was called to return to seiza, their bokutou carefully laying beside them. Another bow was offered, first to the shrine and then to the elders before practice was brought to an end. 

Already students could be seen trading in their wooden weapons for brooms, buckets of water, and cloths to clean the floor with. "We need to get this place cleaned up, then we can take a break," Tsubaki said as she returned her bokutou to the rack.

Following suit, Ago put down her sword and took up the broom. She had made progress during this training, and she is willing to admit it was... fun. It was still new and interesting so she felt enticed to keep going with it. 

Of course, now she was sweeping the place back to its clean state, wasn't really much to clean really, save for around the entrance and here or there.... But Sensei said to do it, so she does it. 

However, all was not so boring as she found herself slowly sweeping towards a certain Mifune. "Sup Yuuki, never knew you taught kids." She sent a smirk his way, pushing up her shades. "I guess you're not so much of a layabout huh? Guess even you can surprise me sometimes." She snickered, leaning upon her broom a bit. 

Yuuki looked up from scrubbing the floor, "Well, I'm expected to teach the youngest." His eyes narrowed at her next comments, "What do you mean, 'layabout'?" Had it not been for the fact they were in the dojo, she might have been snapped with the wet cloth he was holding.

"Ohohoh~! You certainly weren't so active this morning I'll tell you. All grunts and sighs. You looked so dopey~" She continued her teasing, looking rather smug. "Though you did kinda look cute, poor little Yuuki doesn't like getting up early hmmm~?" Snickering, she pushed her collected pile away from them both. 

[SIZE= 14px]"Sooo? How have you been? M[/SIZE]ust be so hard to live without your big sis hmmm? I bet you cried so much when you were sent to another group. Probably still do after so long~! Miss me that much huh?" 

"Like you're any better right after getting out of bed," Yuuki muttered, continuing to clean. "Fine, just very bus- What!?" He glared daggers over at his former teammate, "Very funny..." he muttered under his breath.

"Awww, what's wrong baby bro? Hmmm? Don't like big sis teasing you hmmm~?" Snickering she waved it off. "Joking aside, it seems you've gotten stronger. Gonna need it I'd say, what with the Chuunin exams coming up. Gonna need to be if you're gonna beat your older and wiser peer." She most obviously was speaking about herself. 

"That... And you're stuck with somebody who's as dense as the bricks he lays...." Her face changed from smuggness to a dark frown in but mere seconds. "Don't get hurt out there alright? If you die because some stupid foreign genin gets the better of you I'll kill you myself. Double dead, do you wanna be double dead?" The mouthy young woman waggled a finger towards the young man.[SIZE= 14px] "So don't fall for any dumb tricks." [/SIZE]

Yuuki rolled his eyes, "You're not that much older than me... Besides, I don't think your little bugs would like fire all that much." He sighed, not really able to comment on her little remark about his teammate. "...I'll be careful out there... Same goes for you too."

"Ooooh~! Finally showing you care hmm? Finally letting ALL those feelings out for me~! Oooh Yuuki, how sweet!!!" She IMMEDATELY started teasing him again. "I knew you had them, but I never knew you cared SOOOO MUCH!!!" 

He groaned, not even bothering to look back up at her. "Just help finish getting this place cleaned up..."

"Will do~! But you better hurry or I might be swept off my feet by another ohohohohoh~!" She began sweeping away all the dirt and dust away from the young man. "See you soon~!" 

Sweeping her way through the building, looking quite pleased with herself as she managed to clean up her fair share of the place. She stashed away her trusty broom companion and slipped and slid her way right towards Tsubaki- 

With a wicked thud the young woman slammed into the floorboards with her face, sliding across gracelessly to a stop in front of her honored sensei... Staying face down she barely held in her cries of pain... and deep...deep...DEEP shame. 

Tsubaki couldn't help but wince slightly as Ago fell flat on her face. Though the girl lasted far longed on the polished wood floor than she expected her to. She quietly sighed, kneeling beside her student who was now glowing a brilliant red. "Aside from learning that socks are a poor idea, how was your first lesson?"

"..............Good...." the highly embarrassed young woman grumbled, not bearing to lift her face to the room around her. She just wanted to curl up into a ball and die... "...Sensei.... what are we doing next?" She asked as she peeled herself off the floor, still not daring to look up. "...Anything... To stop this shame..." 

"Why don't we take a break for awhile?" Tsubaki offered, standing. "We should have some ohagi in the house if you'd like."

"...Sure...." she relented, looking defeated. 

AGO, JIN and AKI present!

FASHION, and ROMANCE!

[SIZE= 14.6667px]The young woman knew it, this was her only shot… If she didn’t get this down soon her chances will be next to nothing, less than nothing! But she had to suck it up and bite the bullet, there was no helping it if she just couldn’t get it right! [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Her… clothes.. Her fashion… she has worn the same outfit for years! But if she was to get the attention she deserves she couldn’t simply just stay the same! Always the same, day in, day out, sure it made it easy to just put on whatever and get it done without much of a thought but she damn well knew she wasn’t anything too special! [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]She had to ask for help from the only one she knew…. That would not hold it over her like a goddamn guillotine. Jin… She had to know what's what in regards to fashion. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]She could ask Ayumu, but that’d be like asking the audience what they want to see before the stand up begins!! [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Where are you Jin… Can’t be outa town, yea gotta be somewhere….” she grumbled, peering along the seventeenth street she has searched. “How hard is is to find a girl with a bloody puppet on her back?’ grimacing the young woman let out a sigh, refixing her shades upon her nose. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]‘Where are you my pretty…” [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Out of a shop, the door flung open, and Jin exited, looking back and smiling. “Thank you darling! See you soon!” She said, her voice as sweet as always. She was holding a bag in her hand, and, she turned towards where Ago was, humming and walking, her puppet nowhere to be seen.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Her outfit was composed of a grey no sleeve top, and a pair of violet leggings. Her hair was still kept short, with the small headband holding her hair, acting like a bow. Her sandals were black, her toes appearing to be painted with the same color as her fingers. She was well groomed for a shinobi, but the colors were not that revealing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Behind her, Ago could feel a weird presence. Some wooden noises and creaks could be heard, as a shadow partially blocked the sun. Jin suddenly stood still, hand on her hip, looking straight towards the corner Ago was peering from. “Alright, enough peering. Come out of the shadows now.” Jin grinned.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Finally, figured you’d find me looking for you or I’d see you sometime. Doesn’t make sense, yea, but thats being a shinobi for yea!” Ago’s mouth began to run once more as she gazed towards the wooden puppet. A curious thing indeed… it creaks huh? Guess that's the problem with being made of wood. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Not that it would care right? [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Right? [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]….[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Regardless, she came out of hiding, well, not really hiding as much as looking down the way trying not to seem evil. She glanced up and down the puppet once more, before walking into the open, a small black dot fluttering towards it as she left the area. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Jin~! It’s been so long since we’ve talked! I was beginning to think you hated me!” she half scolded, looking cheerful as ever. “I gotta ask you about something, if you can keep a secret~!” her voice was sickeningly sweet, as if she was trying to see the girl something. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Jin shivered a little at her voice. Looking around, she smiled. “Hello darling! It’s been long!” She drew close to her, embracing Ago in a tight hug. “Just tell me where the one that’s forcing you is… Mother can take care of him right away.” Jin whispered, releasing Ago, looking at her, Jin’s expression serious, as one of her hands were already manipulating the doll.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Oh no no no no, nothing is wrong in THAT way lovely~!” correcting the fact she kinda sounded like she was in trouble, which… She kinda was… In a different sense. “I simply need some of your…. Professional… Advice!” she glanced around, hoping nobody was staring at them. “See I’m in a bit of a pickle… it’s a tad embarrassing, but I know you're… Relatively…. More experienced in regards to it so… hmmm….” [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]She struggled to get it out, it was a hard thing to admit really! How could she just tell Jin she wanted to… LOOk better.  To change her style and seem actually kind of like the girl she was? Instead of one of those weird Aburame! [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“...See I’m… Looking to… Hmm… Become more… Fashion...able…” she almost seemed to shrivel and shrink at each word, like a deflating balloon leaking all of her pride into the air. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Oh.” Came the short answer from Jin, returning to her normal state. She leaned in forward when Ago stuttered, and kept referring to other matters. She blushed a bit, before she coughed in her hand, then, with the other hand, she waved herself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Ow darling, why didn’t you say so?” Jin said, putting a hand on her hip, smiling. “I’d love to help you. Although, it’s weird you came to me. I think ‘Yumi is more well versed in this art, but he can be a little rude sometimes.” Jin continued to say, putting a finger on her lips, a trick learned from Mochi.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Well… Firstly, we can get you a pair of pants. Those are a good place to start. Then build it from the ground up. But, I assume you want this to be kept as discreet as possible, right?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Err, well… Yea….” she seemed to get abit better by her accepting to help her, but still. “I can’t just ask Ayumu about this kinda stuff! He’s a guy! ...Kinda…” she scratched her chin, feeling still a tad sheepish. “I just want to have something I can wear in case I need to look GOOD! Not just Ago you know?” she tried to explain it as best she could, which, really wasn’t all to… helpful at all. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“So… where should we go first? I kinda pick up the same pants at one place…” [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Yumi is… a peacock. And a dearie.” Jin said, nodding when Ago explained. “I understand darling. Come, follow me. I know a very good place.” She turned around, throwing Ago a gaze, then starting to walk towards where she came from, the bag she had slightly ruffling.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]In a few paces, they arrived at a small shop. Outside, a sign protruded from the building, the kanji spelling out ‘Kau’s Emporium’. Jin looked up, giggling. “Pay no mind to the sign. They just want to appear bigger. Oh, wait a minute.” Jin made a few hand signs. “Sly mind affect technique. Now, the shopkeeper will get confused about who was in his shop. I know, I tried.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Humming softly, Jin entered the shop, bell chimes letting out a harmonious sound. Not even a few feet inside, a rather high pitched voice could be heard. “Jin Kusarigama! I don’t believe my eyes.” Jin turned towards a meek looking man and smiled, bowing. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“I am just looking for some pants for my friend. We’ll see for ourselves Kau, don’t worry darling.” The man smiled, nodding towards Ago, although he couldn’t quite make her face. “You can choose whatever you want sweetheart, and I will give my opinion.” She winked, putting both of her hands behind her back, humming.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Ago stared at the collection of clothing all around her, faintly remembering that this all started from an off comment from her mother. “You have alot of money from that last mission, why not spruce up something other than your trap kits hmm?” to which she scoffed… but a quick glance at her wardrobe made her think twice on the matter. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]She gazed upon the clothing selection, plucking at a few piece, looking back to Jin on occasion to see if shes reacting at all… [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Mainly because she had no idea what she was doing… [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Jin looked at Ago as she started to slowly pick some clothes. Humming, she went close to her, slowly taking it from her and studying it. “Oh dearie… This color won’t go with your eyes, er, sunglasses I mean. And plus, it’s a tight fit. It won’t look good.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Jin put it back. She pulled out a long sleeved light brown colored shirt, with a rather weird looking pattern. “This will look good on you sweetie. And for pants…” Jin looked around and saw a pair of black pants, leggings by the looks of them. She cast a glance at Ago, then at the pants. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Try these on in that booth over there sweetie. I am not sure how these pants will go on you, but we’ll see in a couple of minutes won’t we?” Jin smiled, handing the clothes to her. “Come on, don’t be shy now.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“...Leggings? Seriously? These aren’t pants.” Ago scoffed, but took up the clothes. “..Fine… you're the one who knows what their doing I guess…” she plucked the two piece of clothing and shuffled her way into the change room…[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Why do people even call leggings pants anyways? They aren’t pants, they go under a skirt or something…” she displayed her slight modicum of fashion knowledge as she shuffled around in the changeroom. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“It's like they want people to look at their butt…. Ah.,.. I get it now…” she sighed, looking in the mirror once she was finished… “....ummm… Maybe not…  Can… I just not come out?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Come on sweetie. You’re gonna look good.” Jin peeked in and giggled a little. “Then again… One piece is still missing… Wait here.” She said, drawing the curtains again, putting a finger on her lips, looking through clothes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]She was looking for a shirt. A rather short one, but enough to not show her figures. Finding one, and in a coffee brown color, she took it, and slowly walked to the cabin. “Try this along with those leggings. It should make you look more decent.” Jin said, winking at her and smiling.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Ago looked at the piece of clothing she was being handed and sighed. “...Okay.. you better not be setting me up for a prank! If I see one other person out there I’m gonna give you one hell of a bug bite!” [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]A couple of shuffling, grunting and fiddling later, the young lady finally was finished. “...Okay! I- I think I got it done.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Pulling the curtain aside she sheepishly stepped out into the open, feeling so embarrassed she was about to burst. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“...So…?” she asked her friend, rubbing her hands together. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“..How do… I look?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Jin looked a her, and a proud smirk flushed on her face, putting her hands on her own hips. “You look very good. Fashionable, and very classy. I chose leggings so you could move freely in them. They can be really helpful.” Jin says, starting to stretch and managing to touch her toes. “See?” She rose again, still smirking.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Not even Yumi could shame this outfit. It fits perfectly on you. But, I’ll leave you to decide that on your own.” Jin said, winking. “Come on, let’s pay for this ensemble. If you go over your budget, I’ll help you.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“....Alright, I guess I can deal with it…” she tried not to look proud of herself for pulling it off. She will admit, leggings were… kinda comfortable… in a nearly naked kind of way… Could her bugs get out easily though? A slight slip from under the legging and flying up towards her face confirmed it easily enough. “Huh… so it is then!” the young woman exclaimed, looking full of life once more! [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Oh! Should I get a new bag to? Maybe a hat? My green one probably won’t work to wee with this.. Hmm..” she began thinking about it as she went off to pay for the choices. “I’m good, the last mission got me some cash, not to mention… I have a good deal saved up. Bonus to wearing the same stuff everyday is that you don’t always need to worry about clothes to much. I can get a new outfit AND still have stuff for some traps I’ve been planning~!” [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Her cheerfulness returned, she pushed up her glasses once she turned to jin. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Lets go find that bag first. Then we can grab lunch.” a near unseeable wink flashed Jin’s way. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]-Two hours later-[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Jin sighed, a smile still on her lips, looking at Ago. “I knew you would make good choices dearie. You just had to have a little courage is all.” The puppet almost hovered behind her, its head looking in front of Jin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Jin’s eyes widened, looking at her hands. “Oh my! I totally forgot!” She let out a groan, putting a hand on her face. “Uncle’s gonna kill me…” She looked at Ago. “Sorry dear, but I have to return home. I had to deliver something for my uncle, and all this shopping made me forget. I hope you won’t consider this rude. We should do things like this more often. See you!” Jin aid, before bowing and starting to run in the direction of her house, the puppet breaking into a sprint as well.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Certainly! I’ll grab the stuff myself and show you lattteerrr!!!” she yelled after jin, before crossing her arms. “Huh, shes not as scary as I first thought.” she admitted to herself, watching the girl run off. “Puppet is still freaky… The female should keep me posted about it though…” she watched the little male on her finger sniff the air like a little bloodhound before she sent him back in. “Well… Guess I gotta find myself a new hat.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]And with that, she set off on her own fashion adventure, filled with courage over her success. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Finished and looking QUITE different, she sat at a bench to recover from all the walking. “So THIS is a shopping spree huh? Mom always said abit of a change can go a long way… Though… I think she started saying that after I wouldn’t eat broccoli…” she took a minute to take a sip from her hot beverage, looking like a completely different person. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Hell, she even got new boots to! Sure it cut a little bit into her trap fund… but she already had most of the stuff, and she didn’t need 90 explosive tags…[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]From her left, a figure blocked a part of the sun, his head turning to look at Ago, blinking a couple of times. It was Aki, only he had a new dark brown jacket, along with a black t shirt that covered his chest. Stopping in his tracks, he looked at Ago, letting his backpack down.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“...Ago?...” Came his question, the tone being a mixture of doubt and surprise. “...Is that you? Or am I confusing people?...”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Ago was mid sip when she noticed Aki was there, normally, she’d do something exaggerated and spit out her drink and say hi. But she was a different Ago now, one who was wearing expensive goddamn clothing that she WASN’T going to ruin the first day. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Who? Me?” she asked, pointing to herself. “Guess you got somebody else there buddy, I don’t know any Ago.” she shifted her tone slightly as to sound slightly less… herself… “Sounds like a cutie though~!” [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Okay, maybe she wasn’t the greatest at disguising herself, but it WAS funny. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]At the last comment, Aki smiled, clearing his throat. “...If she was looking like you miss, she would be cute… Although her fashion sense is lacking…” Aki said, taking a seat next to Ago, pretending like she wasn’t the one sitting next to her, along with his backpack.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Letting out a sigh of exhaustion, he looked up at the sky. “... But promise me you won’t say that to her if you know her… She might kick the living chakra out of me…” Turning to look at Ago, he shoot her a wink, then decided to make her break character. “...Say, I never seen you around town before… Because I would’ve gone blind because of your sheer beauty…” Aki barely could contain himself from throwing up at that lame pick up line. His eyes were on Ago, his impatience growing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Okay, yea, sure she thought she wasn’t gonna spit out her coffee but… Well she expected Aki to just grumble and roll over, not do this…. Sadly he WAS right there. Spitting up the coffee and making a sound that sounded much akin to a miner’s coffee. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Holy shit chill man!”  her face red as a beet. “Where in hell did you get those lines boy? Yea go off and learn how to flirt or did yea learn to wreck face?” she laughed, trying to pass off the whole thing as a joke… which she really hoped it was. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Kinda.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“So, where have yea been all this time? What happened to my little adorable Aki who hugged his raccoon buddy all day?” she took another sip, ignoring the fact she spat her last one on the ground. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Aki closed his eyes when the jet hit him, then he opened them, having a rather bored expression on his face. “...Made you crack, but was that necessary?...” He took a towel from his backpack, starting to wipe his face, groaning.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“...It seems that raccoons have the weirdest pickup lines… And half of them I don’t even understand…” Finishing wiping his face, he sighed, looking at his own hands. “...Well, that raccoon turned out to be a member of a sacred mountain… And he trained me till I almost broke… Then some more…”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Letting out a rather quiet laugh, his eyes turned to her. “...If you think I changed, take a look in the mirror… Well, mostly in your appearance.... You are still your normal self… For better or for worse... “ Aki said, sticking out his tongue.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“...I think this is the first time in months we spoke…” Aki said, looking at his own jacket to see if it was stained by the sudden spit attack.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“So… that Raccoon.. Was a holy thing for a holy mountain and taught you how to do shit? Cool.” she summarized Aki’s story the worst way she really could. “Either way, you’ve grown! And might I add so have I! A full inch since you’ve left~!” she looked quite pleased with herself regardless of the fact she was still shorter then she’d like. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“And yea, I’ve asked about yea, Sensei said you were training elsewhere. Figured you were doing something intensive. Seems like I was right.” she sipped once more before recrossing her legs once more, no need for her to let them get numb. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Yea, you should walk around and talk to a few folks, not much has really changed I’d say. Ao is quiet and off elsewhere as ever, I’ve been learning a lot myself. Talked to jin not to long ago. Mochi should be flying around, getting into trouble, as per usual.” she tossed the empty cup into the nearby trash bin, wondering where the last one went off to… [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Follow the trail of destruction is always a good path to find her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Aki’s attention went to her when she mentioned Mochi. “...R-Really? Yeah, I g-guess things don’t change… She really is good at getting in trouble, and how she d-” Aki stops, realising he was trailing about Mochi, so he coughed, blushing and looking away.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“...H-How about Ao? Still silent huh. We should get in touch with him. And J-Jin? The puppeteer girl? S-She seemed weird… A-And what have you been up to h-huh?...” Aki let out a series of questions in a rapid state, a trick no doubt learned from Mochi.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]A trick that did not work, but only made the young woman smile even more smug. “....Hey Aki~!” she spoke slowly, and with a playful tone to it. “...Worrying about Mochi hmmmmmm~? Bet you were looking forward to see her again huuuuuuh~?” she fully expected him to stutter and deny it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Should I go find her and tell her how much you gushing about a girl you just met! Oh dear! What would she think~?” she teased him once again, for better or worse, she'd get a bit of fun out of him. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Aki looked at Ago, a rather plain look on his face. “...I-I worry about all m-my f-f-friends… And l-look forward to seeing them all!...” He spoke, his voice louder than he expected at witch point his eyes widened, gulping. “... G-Go ahead, t-t-tell her!... I was j-just trying to make you b-break character is all… She won’t belie-” Aki once again stopped mid sentence, as he gave away another point.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“...So, wh-what new jutsus have you learned? I l-learned a c-c-ool new o-one…” Aki said, smiling nervously, trying to get out of the situation he was in. If he had animal ears, they would be down covering his face.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Her grin only sharpened. “I learned many jutsus my dear little love bird.” she snickered. “One of which can tell me who's trying to slip away and hide something from me~!” she poked his forehead before leaning back and crossing her fingers. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Alright Aki, spill it. Ain’t no way you’d be acting like this if you didn’t give a damn about her. I promise, no, swear on the life of every little itty bitty bug in my body I’ll keep it under wraps.” her smugness didn’t go away, but this turned more into a interview then two friends catching up. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“...Don’t try to run… I’m looking for a reason to break in these new boots.” she stopped the heel on the hard ground, just waiting for him to give her a reason to chase him down~! [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“..Side note I learned some kenjutsu from Tsubaki sensei and a few others that’ll be fun.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Couldn’t leave the guy hanging, he DID ask her a question. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Aki sighed, raising up as well. “...Alright… I admit it… I l-like Mochi…” He looked around, then back at Ago. There was a tree nearby, so he went next to it. “...Ago, if you say something to anyone about this…” He made a handsign, as his left side darkened, and he punched the tree, it cracking under his punch. The darkness retreated after, and Aki’s hand seemed all fine. “... I will try this new jutsu on you…”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Taking his backpack, he rummaged through it, finding a small blue flower and pulling it out, showing it to Ago. “...I got her this flower… Aside from being pretty, it has some other qualities…” Aki sighed, putting it back, before his stomach grumbled. “...Sorry… The rice and fish I had didn’t last long…”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Pfft, what's with you guys and acting so violent. Poor tree, you should apologize to it.” she scolding the young man before continuing on the matter. “Sure, you like Mochi, not that big of a deal, I mean, she is totally cute.” she seemed completely unfazed by his sudden outburst, more scolding if anything. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“As such, I’m gonna help you get the girl! And lunch, we’ll do lunch to, get something in that belly of yours.” she seemed way to casual about the whole thing after being so smug about it. “I mean seriously, nobody would blame you on that front, hell if you said Ayumu I’d be lenient.” she joked, but… still… he was a pretty boy. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Not pretty handsome, literally pretty. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Well? Come on then. Lets go have some lunch and we’ll talk about setting up the scene for that flower alright? Alright, come on!’ she shot up from the bench and already started walking towards the nearest curry restaurant. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“Come on!” [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Aki blushed when Ago started to talk about Mochi. He was a little skeptical, because he didn’t think of Ago as a matchmaker. He always thought of Ago as a more lonely wolf type of ninja, one that won’t associate with anyone, and someone who focuses on traps rather than on personal stuff.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]“...What wrong with Ayumu? She seems like a cute girl…” Aki shrugged it off, putting his backpack on his back. Following Ago to the restaurant, he stood down next to her, sighing and looking at a menu. “... I had so much fish to eat, I don’t want to see it again in my life…”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Ago stared at him for a moment before breaking a smirk. “You're precious, just... precious.” she grinned, before leading him on. [/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back