• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Tribunal

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
From the crescent of stilted walkways on the glittering bay to the peaks of the coral palaces, from the narrow inner streets to the sprawling fields, the city of Radiant Pearl is your birthright, and she is imperiled.

The city is divided into castes, and you are at the top; the priesthood.

The intermediaries between woman and god, you are vital to ensuring the harmony of the Divine Hierarchy, and that the many Spirits which inhabit the city alongside mortals are treated with respect yet give their supplicants with the same consideration.

But as if the barbarians at the gates were not enough, as if your nieces did not abandon their callings for terrible heresies, now someone is murdering your sisters.

You are a Tribunal, representatives of the five High Fanes; promising young priests chosen to hunt down the killer. You command the respect of the lower castes and may speak to powerful Spirits as equals, wielding divine power handed down to you from your patron goddess.

Your word is law. Your power is pure. Your city will be saved.

---------------------------------------------------

Crucible: Dark Age - chapters 9 and 2 are most relevant, probably in that order.

Player characters are young priests from the five High Fanes - you will have been groomed for your role since childhood. All player characters are women.

The High Fanes

Fate
- This character is nominally in charge of the Tribunal. She has given her eyes to the goddess, and received snake eyes that allow her to see the threads of Fate.

Title: Serpent-Masked Spinner

Death - This character gave her heart to Death. She can see and manipulate ghosts, and is responsible in her day to day life for funerals, exorcisms, and assisting other Temples.

Night - This character gave her shadow to Night. She can speak to cats and monsters, become unseen in darkness, and when the light fades she may shapeshift into a monster herself. Typically part of the city's secret police, also officiates joining ceremonies and nocturnal festivals.

Rain - This character gave up her womb to the goddess. She can heal any wound or sickness, and bless crops. Her duties include ensuring fertile crops, delivering babies, and general healthcare.

Earth - This character gave her skin to the goddess. Her flesh is as stone and she can feel through the earth - or add it's strength to her punches. A capable warrior and investigator, she is not unlike a police captain who also responsible for city planning and architecture.

Call a Temple, do some reading, ask questions!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would definitely join if I weren't so horrid at playing female characters

Vultuzmaar said:
I would definitely join if I weren't so horrid at playing female characters
Gender roles are cultural. Modern men don't know what it's like, exactly, to be a modern woman, so I can understand a struggle there. The women in the society where the game takes place, well, do any of us know what it's like to be a person who has given up part of their humanity to be the agent of strange and terrifying gods, wielding cosmic power, presiding spiritually and temporally over an oppressed populace divided into castes?

Seriously shouldn't be a problem, Vultz. Give it a go why not.

Grey said:
Gender roles are cultural. Modern men don't know what it's like, exactly, to be a modern woman, so I can understand a struggle there. The women in the society where the game takes place, well, do any of us know what it's like to be a person who has given up part of their humanity to be the agent of strange and terrifying gods, wielding cosmic power, presiding spiritually and temporally over an oppressed populace divided into castes?
Seriously shouldn't be a problem, Vultz. Give it a go why not.
True. I'll go with the Night Priestess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back