• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Tribunal - Lore

Lore
Here

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
Excerpts from holy texts

The Whispered Verses: Conversations with Death

INTRODUCTION
1. Glory to the dreaming godhead, may they never wake.
2. My love to the Silent God, whose hand sets the wheel and wields the knife. May She grant you the kindness I am forever denied.
3. I am Seductive Bone Chime, twelfth high priest of Death’s High Temple. I have been chosen by the wisdom of the Seer Council and the word of my god. I have walked the cold ground where the unquiet dead will not sleep and borne my sisters to their rest. I have given of myself to Her and abandoned the name of my mother.
4. My predecessor, Mountain Shadow’s Respite, was a woman of great faith and wisdom, but she did now know Her as I have known Her. Let her name be honoured for her perseverance and piety.
5. You may think me a liar, and you would not be wrong, but truly; from my eleventh year when I learned the mother-magic, Death called to me and to me a promise made.
6. You may think me a liar, and you would not be wrong, but truly; when the mantle of High Priest fell to me, She fulfilled her promise before the White Tree of Dead Names and for all the nights of my meditation, we spoke.
7. You may think me a liar, and you would not be wrong, but truly; She revealed to me those things hidden by the failure of memory and bitterness of wounded hearts.
8. Therefore I now record the things which She told me, from the very fabric of this dream to the nature of the Scaled Masters who squat atop their ziggurats where the burning sands look jealously upon the plains and the jungles.
9. Her words are beautiful and I will not sully them with vulgar interpretation. If it is Her will their meaning will be clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back