• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Trials by Fire AG (Game End)

Sombra Arcana

Wandering Vault Hunter

Trials by Fire AG

Back in 1692, there were stories that witches lived and stepped on the same floor as the people from the village of Salem in Massachusetts. Several people were trialed and sentenced to death in the most horrible ways possible. Some were hanged and others were burnt at the stake. None of these events were a check in American history, but little do they know that the real witches were always between their ranks and tempted the trials into the slaying of normal, regular people.

Now, in the village of Salzburg, several similar claims have been made upon the villagers. There are hunches of magic and voodoo being done within the houses of several of the inhabitants. The witch trials have begun again ever since the death of the little Tony who was apparently cursed to burn till he expired. The death of the eight year old, gave place to what we know now as the trials by fire to find if a person was a witch or not.

It's up to the villagers to decide the fate of the town and discover the secrets within the ranks and neighbors who people thought could be trusted. Welcome to Salzburg, home of the witch trials. Welcome to the trials by fire.

AG Basics

*recommended for new players

What is an Assassin Game (AG)?

- It is a game, in which a General Manager (GM or sometimes called "Host") creates a series of roles for players to step into and complete a goal. This is a very basic, bare-bones definition of the game.

Ok, thats cool. Now, mind being a bit more helpful?

- Sure, generally an AG involves two sides: The Assassins and the villagers. The Assassins are a small group of players who typically have a goal of killing the villagers. The villagers are a group of large players who typically have a goal of killing off the Assassins. Since no one knows who is who for sure, they have to try their best to figure it out with a combination of logic and abilities. Now, I can tell you in my game if the number of players reach a decent amount, there will be extra factions with goals unknown to you - So not everything will be black and white.

Anyway, for this game and most other games, we will be using a day system. This means that players have 24 hours, from the start of the in-game "day", to do whatever they want to for the entire day, then I will create a neat little post to tell you all about it.

So, where does this all happen? I don't think I can shout at my computer screen to talk to the other people… or can I?

- Sorry, but I won't be that easy. Plus, if you shout at them, they will shout back. Anyway, we will have this thread called the Discussion thread where players can talk about anything related to the game. From suspicious people (DON'T ACCEPT FREE CANDY FROM STRANGERS) to the events of the following day. The Discussion thread is also where I will post any information I have to give you, like updates and the Daily Post (that I mentioned before). Plus, as you will read later on, I use a system that only lets you use your special abilities if you post a certain amount each day, so I recommend checking this thread out and posting, cause it will make both you and me happy!

Ah, I think I'm getting it now. But I heard people yelling about this thing called a lynch. Whats up with that?

- Don't mind them, they are just upset that you awesome new people get to talk with me and they don't. Anyway, that lynch thing is kind of a big deal! Each day, you can lynch a player by voting for them. You can see my lynching rules later on, but for now thats all you really need to know.

Sweet, anything else I should know?

- Well, I recommend reading the rest of my rules and asking me any questions you have about them, so I can inform you before the game starts - but always feel free to ask me questions during the course of the game. If I can't answer you, I'll just tell you that - no harm in asking. I will recommend you ask me questions via Private Messaging, so I can see your question right away.

- Turn on Private Messaging. I can't give you a role if you don't have it on. If I can't send you a role when the game starts, its a pain for both you and me!

- Information is a big deal in these games. Don't just go running around telling every stranger everything about your role - They could be your enemy!

- Make sure you are active. Not only does becoming inactive really hurt your chances to win the game, active players dislike inactive players and might even go out of their way to kill you for being inactive! Being active doesn't require much, just post a few times in the discussion thread, vote, and use your abilities.

- Its a game. Enjoy yourself and try your best.

Rules

1. Adhere to RPNation Rules.

2. This is a PM game so communication outside the DT is allowed.

3. Beware of lies.

4. Keep spam to minimum.

5. The dead do not talk.

6. There is no posting requirement.

7. Everyone is required to vote everyday.

8. Typeshots and screenshots of rolesheets are not allowed.

9. I can change several rules if the setting asks for it.

10. GM's word is law.

Factions/Goals

Witches

· Kill the villagers

Villagers

·Survive and take out all the witches

Trials by Fire AG

System Mechanics

1. There are witches hidden within your ranks.

2. There might be people who have abilities within your ranks.

3. There is no movement

4. Codenames will be used on the day posts, so pay attention to details.

5. There might be abilities that affect your votes or ability usage

6. The best way to win this is to work as a team. Communication is needed.

7. If you read this, then add #loveAGs somewhere in your post.

8. No One GMV is allowed.

9. Skill(s) > Lynch.

10. 2 days of Inactivity is a death sentence.

11. Receiving an ability doesn't necessarily mean you die.

12. When using abilities, please use the code name to attack/use.

13. Protect your important characters, since you might only have one per village.

Skills

There are several types of skills in the game

Attack skills are meant for killing the target.

Investigation skills are meant to know the identity of a target

Jaling skills are meant for protection of damage and prevention of the use of abilities

Utility skills have a range of effects that might affect the gameplay.

Healing skills are meant for clearing statuses on a target

PM Protocols

WC AG Ability - For ability use

WC AG Question - For AG related questions

When attacking please write the code name of the character you want to attack

Note:

- You cannot change your attack target so choose wisely.

- Also please include your role sheet in your WC AG Ability PM.

Rewards

That One Person: for the person who made the game fun by pointing fingers and making others mad. @theManCalledSting @Assailant @DreamBeat @Generic Gamer @Protocol @Quiet Is Violent @Kinky Shinigami @Le Nebula @Lord Zanicus

Last edited by a moderator:
Player List

1. @Space Face
  2. @theManCalledSting

Game Roster

@theManCalledSting - Joan Bodeville - Villagers

@Space Face - Timothy Schrödinger - The Mastermind[/s]

@captainnate - Raffael Meyerbleu - Ice Witch (Freezing Witch)

@Serious Face - Simmone Verdi - Plague Witch (Cursing Witch)

@Protocol - Brunhilde Rotterchild - Fire Witch (Burning Witch)

Game Start

Last edited by a moderator:
TheDramaticArtist said:
Yes? *Looks over to you from the window of my bedroom*
Well, I'm inviting you to next Assassin Game I'll be hosting. I this is something you would like to play, of course!

6. There is no posting requirement.

WTF GM. I mean I #loveAGs but seriously, this is confusing.

[QUOTE="Kinky Shinigami]6. There is no posting requirement.

WTF GM. I mean I #loveAGs but seriously, this is confusing.

[/QUOTE]
voting is different from posting. Posting means discussing

TheDramaticArtist said:
How do I join?
Well, you have to read the rules and mechanics and post what you have to post and say you want to join. :D

Also, you could check Worlds Collide and Murder 101 to see how an AG is played :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back