• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Trek of Saints

Some Guy

I'm gonna fix that spaghetti.
The known earth is dominated by tribes of differing people. While some have relationships between each other, they mostly stick to themselves for their own safety. In each of these tribes, a person with certain inherited abilities appear, called by fate to be a pillar for their community. These are known as Saints. Protectors, leaders, and guides who lead their people the way they believe. For a while, few battles have been waged between them and relative peace was found in their seclusion. However, a new unforeseen threat has arrived amongst the tribes.

A new army, who calls themselves Obsidian, has appeared out of nowhere in incredible numbers, harvesting more than their fill of supplies and livestock from the land, and threatening an all out war against the smaller tribes. Their armor, magic, and way of fighting has never been seen before, and they worship some churning god of steel. The armies of the tribes alone cannot take on the Obsidian without expecting defeat. But there is a way to stop them without risking the number of lost lives. The tribes are sending each their own saint, so that they may convene as a group, and take the head of the Obsidian head on.

Need to know Information:
You are a Saint of your tribe, in which you'll journey with other Saints to find the birthplace of the Obsidian army and bring peace to your home.

Rules:
  • Characters will be styled after technology before or at the medieval period, meaning no firearms or gunpowder based weaponry. Some basic explosives are allowed if your Saint is based on Chinese or Japanese culture.
  • Abilities aren't supposed to be extremely powerful, but enough that they can used effectively and compliments your character's fighting style or specialties.
  • Characters must be original. Heavy inspiration can be taken, but it cannot be the exact same established character from other media.
  • Romance is allowed.
  • Single sentence replies are not allowed. Try to put detail into your replies as best you can.
  • Play nice, don't be rude for any reason, and communicate with me if there's any issues or questions you have.
Character Sheet:
Name:
Tribe Name:
Ability:
Weapons and Equipment:
Background: ( try to include how you got your powers and a brief history of your tribe if possible, suggestion: your ability doesn't have to be attained by anything or anyone but can just manifest at any point in time )
Appearance:

(do we have to be a part of a tribe?)
ye, you dont have to be a leader exactly, or a good person at all, but your role of a saint is important, if you want you can be more distant from the tribe but still be the saint of it, lemme know if there's other problems with it

ye, you dont have to be a leader exactly, or a good person at all, but your role of a saint is important, if you want you can be more distant from the tribe but still be the saint of it, lemme know if there's other problems with it
(Can I murder everyone in my tribe?)

(Okay then, how about I join Obsidian?)
ho boy, i dont really know, maybe you could be a spy among the group posing as another saint, but i highly advise against it, i dont intend on Obsidian on being the winner in the end here

ho boy, i dont really know, maybe you could be a spy among the group posing as another saint, but i highly advise against it, i dont intend on Obsidian on being the winner in the end here
(Gee, for a person making a roleplay, you sure like putting this thing on rails. But yeah, as a spy among the group or something like that.)

The known earth is dominated by tribes of differing people. While some have relationships between each other, they mostly stick to themselves for their own safety. In each of these tribes, a person with certain inherited abilities appear, called by fate to be a pillar for their community. These are known as Saints. Protectors, leaders, and guides who lead their people the way they believe. For a while, few battles have been waged between them and relative peace was found in their seclusion. However, a new unforeseen threat has arrived amongst the tribes.

A new army, who calls themselves Obsidian, has appeared out of nowhere in incredible numbers, harvesting more than their fill of supplies and livestock from the land, and threatening an all out war against the smaller tribes. Their armor, magic, and way of fighting has never been seen before, and they worship some churning god of steel. The armies of the tribes alone cannot take on the Obsidian without expecting defeat. But there is a way to stop them without risking the number of lost lives. The tribes are sending each their own saint, so that they may convene as a group, and take the head of the Obsidian head on.

You are a Saint of your tribe, in which you'll journey with other Saints to find the birthplace of the Obsidian army and bring peace to your home.

Rules:
  • Characters will be styled after technology before or at the medieval period, meaning no firearms or gunpowder based weaponry. Some basic explosives are allowed if your Saint is based on Chinese or Japanese culture.
  • Abilities aren't supposed to be extremely powerful, but enough that they can used effectively and compliments your character's fighting style or specialties.
  • Characters must be original. Heavy inspiration can be taken, but it cannot be the exact same established character from other media.
  • Romance is allowed.
  • Single sentence replies are not allowed. Try to put detail into your replies as best you can.
  • Play nice, don't be rude for any reason, and communicate with me if there's any issues or questions you have.
Character Sheet:
Name:
Tribe Name:
Ability:
Weapons and Equipment:
Background: ( try to include how you got your powers and a brief history of your tribe if possible, suggestion: your ability doesn't have to be attained by anything or anyone but can just manifest at any point in time )
Appearance:
(Ok ill need some time)

(Gee, for a person making a roleplay, you sure like putting this thing on rails. But yeah, as a spy among the group or something like that.)
sorry, i wasnt expecting anyone wanting to be like this in this thread, not a bad thing but i was certainly caught off guard, you know what? if enough people want to we can turn this around entirely, maybe we can have a group of people from obsidian and saints, or even have a bunch of people from obsidian hunting down saints and the enemy tribes instead, I'll keep it open in case people would be interested

sorry, i wasnt expecting anyone wanting to be like this in this thread, not a bad thing but i was certainly caught off guard, you know what? if enough people want to we can turn this around entirely, maybe we can have a group of people from obsidian and saints, or even have a bunch of people from obsidian hunting down saints and the enemy tribes instead, I'll keep it open in case people would be interested
(Now we're talking.)

Rules:
  • Romance is allowed.
Character Sheet:
Name:
Tribe Name:
Ability:
Weapons and Equipment:
Appearance:

Name: Rebecca
Tribe name: Gems
Ability: crystalmancy
Weapons and equipment: schimitar with a diamond edge, chest plate encrusted with enchanted gems, each giving her the ability to alter her schimitar with different effects (very small duration, for example a ruby would allow her to cause someone to burst into flames for 10 seconds)
Background: the Gem tribe consists of only women, men were only kept to reproduce, once that task was finished they were cast out to die, they are a clan of crystalmancers which allow them to create crystals of any kind, out of nothing, they are a very well kept warrior tribe filled with mages and swordswomen
Appearence: profile pic, without the ears and tail

Last edited:
Name: Rebecca
Tribe name: gems
Ability: telepathy
Weapons and equipment: schimitar with a diamond edge, armor (maybe some other things I need to think of)
Background: (maybe later)
Appearence: profile pic, without the ears and tail
Could you at least describe any important details about her tribe? Beliefs, hierarchy, anything that distinguishes it from other tribes?

Could you at least describe any important details about her tribe? Beliefs, hierarchy, anything that distinguishes it from other tribes?

(Sure, as soon as I figure it out)(all though I might change her ability)

Name:Johnathan Windham
Tribe Name: Obsidian
Ability:Necromancy. Must sacrifice skin, blood or flesh in order to summon more than one corpse
Weapons and Equipment: Small dagger, small bottle of blood.
Background: A young boy with interest in the dark arts, Johnathan would fool around within the graveyard of his old tribe known as "Kella". An orphan at the age of 4 (Mother died and father left) Johnathan had to steal or beg his way for food or water. The townspeople never liked him nor vilified him. One day while playing around, he imitated the act of raising the dead, as if a necromancer... only to successfully raise up a corpse from the cemetery. A few days of practice, he began to wonder why he couldn't raise more than one. During his training, he cuts himself by accident and sees the blood sink into the ground, only to find a second corpse rise up. He eventually was given the title of saint of his tribe, however he learned that the tribe was talking behind his back, speaking ill of him. In his anger, he used his power as a force to seek out dominance from the tribe. The tribe then decided to fight back. During his onslaught, he learned that he didn't just need his own blood or flesh to raise the dead but any blood or flesh. Creating an army of his own using others as fuel. One remaining apprentice of a blacksmith then put a curse on Johnathan, stripping him of flesh, blood and skin, forcing him to walk the earth as nothing but bone. Shortly after slaughtering his people, he then pledged allegiance to Obsidian (Because Bethesda isn't as good)
Appearance:
0a81e4dd89ac9f897e27fab626bbef3f--fantasy-artwork-skeleton-dnd.jpg

Name:Seijin
Tribe Name:Buzoku
Ability The Art of bushinryu Aiki Bujutsu. An art the mixes the art of Bushido and ninjutsu.
Using the power of the forbidden Shadows arts he is able to mend the space around him to trick the opponent and to better camouflage in the area, He is also able to Summon A shadow clone to do his bidding whilst able to switch places with said shadowclone. one last technique is that he is able to take for of a shadow and phase through walls. The price for using such techniques is Stamina and takes awhile to do the techniques again (cool downs)
equipment:A Katana, Wakazashi and some Kunai he also has a few ninja tools concealed in his equipment
Background: (ima write it out in a separate time its gonna be long so where he got his powers will make sense plus im to tired)
Appearance;
Ghost-of-Tsushima.jpg

Last edited:
(Made some edits actually just one)

Name: De’rash Korai the Rock-crusher

Tribe Name: Walkers of the Cancerous Caverns/Viri Lapis

Ability: Super Strength

Weapons and Equipment: crude iron battleaxe, club, crossbow, holy stone fragment, bear hide cape, bull skull shoulder pad (left shoulder), iron Breastplate, loincloth, iron boots, circlet with a small fragment of the holy stone hanging from it

Background: The walkers are mutated nomadic cave-dwellers and miners who have master the crafting of fine silks and resource management, this is apparent in the fact that they only emerge from the caverns to hunt for food and trade wares for better equipment, the caves are home to rare and beautiful creatures. only a select group of walkers to travel on the surface to find they holy stone pieces to create a utopia for future generations of walkers. De’rash was a born miner for her natural strength but her determination and constant begging had gotten her the chance of helping her people.

Appearance: Dark skin, jet black hair, muscular, scars on entire body, blue eyes

Height: 8’ 9”

okay we have one more person coming then we will start the thread, so the people who havent done their full sheets yet please do as soon as you can

Name: Declan Stoneborn

Tribe Name: Dragon Ledge

Ability: Can harden parts of his skin to deflect any kind of physical attack for a brief moment.

Weapons and Equipment: Steel Poleaxe, Bone-carved Knife, Throwing Tomahawk, fur clothing

Background: The people of a Dragon Ledge are a solitary group of hunters who live in the mountains and believe in Gods who control different parts of nature. One for the sky, one for the earth, one for each of the animals, and few minor ones they worship. They believe that combat determines your true strength. Not that you have to die to prove your point, in fact challenges and duels rarely end in death, but the fact that you are willing to fight for what you believe is a way to determine your worth.
At the age of 20 and growing up to a poor family, challenged the tribe's chief as he hoarded all the supplies for himself while the rest of his people starved. He took him on one-on-one with little experience in combat and no armor to protect him. He realized his power when a fatal blow to his chest broke the chief's blade by the sheer resiliance of his newfound ability. He used the opening to slaughter the chief, and replaced him with a friend he trusted as the new chief. He continued to go out and fight for the tribe with little to no armor with faith in his ability to keep him alive.
Appearence:
tumblr_op7en1OX9v1u8wbhro1_1280.png

Name:Kara Wormwood
Tribe Name: Terra
Ability: growing plants
Weapons and Equipment:light armor, a few knives and a wooden staff.
Background: The Terra tribe is all about the earth, they are mostly farmers and get most of their things from the resources around them. There was one day during a drought that had been going on for two years when most of the people were ready to move on to a new place and Kara who was only 17 at the time didn't want to give up and used the last of the seeds she had been saving and put them into the ground. Everyone doubted her but to everyone's surprise Kara had made the seeds grow in a matter of seconds by barely touching the ground.
Appearance:red hair and blue eyes, under her armor she wears a light brown dress, doesnt wear shoes.(what she looks like without armor)
kara.jpg

Last edited:
( alright let's go ahead and get started, i wont be able to reply immediately all the time, so be patient if i dont get to you soon, and please let me know if you have any issues with anything )

A cold breeze flows around an empty and old circle of stones in a humble pile of dirt. In the center of these stones stood two men. One was bent over, grey hair covering his beard and head, and held a cane unsteadily in one hand. He was draped in simple and ragged cloth, worn down from years of use and never being replaced. He is simply known as the Speaker; an arbiter that was chosen to mediate issues and crisis among the tribes, and is held in high respect between every member across the land. Next to him, a younger man stood next to him clothed with similar robes and his own cane, but he did not need it yet. He is set to be the Speaker's successor. They both stood idly while they waited for the Saints to convene at this sacred ground.

This is called the Circle; an area made for communal use where no tribe can be shunned and people from different walks of life discuss various topics and issues to resolve. Many declarations of war were squelched here before they were ever acted upon, and trading routes and marking of territories were established over the centuries. And now, the Saints of each tribe were called here to solve another conflict before it gets out of hand.

( alright let's go ahead and get started, i wont be able to reply immediately all the time, so be patient if i dont get to you soon, and please let me know if you have any issues with anything )

A cold breeze flows around an empty and old circle of stones in a humble pile of dirt. In the center of these stones stood two men. One was bent over, grey hair covering his beard and head, and held a cane unsteadily in one hand. He was draped in simple and ragged cloth, worn down from years of use and never being replaced. He is simply known as the Speaker; an arbiter that was chosen to mediate issues and crisis among the tribes, and is held in high respect between every member across the land. Next to him, a younger man stood next to him clothed with similar robes and his own cane, but he did not need it yet. He is set to be the Speaker's successor. They both stood idly while they waited for the Saints to convene at this sacred ground.

This is called the Circle; an area made for communal use where no tribe can be shunned and people from different walks of life discuss various topics and issues to resolve. Many declarations of war were squelched here before they were ever acted upon, and trading routes and marking of territories were established over the centuries. And now, the Saints of each tribe were called here to solve another conflict before it gets out of hand.

Seijin Appears from the Shadows, Surveying the area as he enters the Circle before giving the Speaker and his Successor a respectful bow before standing idly as he waits for the others to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back