• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Travelers of Eucla

How many people before we start?

• Start now and let people shuffle in slowly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 8+

• Total voters
Mira Fanghearth

Equipped
- Brown Bandanna of the Master Thief

- Crescent Moon Necklace

- Leather Wrappings

- Bladed Piercing Knuckles (x2)

- Throwing Knives (x10)

- Smoke Bombs (x3)

- Tattered Thieves Coat

- Ring of Bargaining

- Tattered Leather Shorts

- Arcane Chains of Binding (x5)

- Flash Bombs (x2)

Bag of Holding
- Smoke Bombs (x5)

- Paralysis Poison Med. (x5)

- Lock Picking Tools (Various Types and Amounts)

- Bandage Strips (x10)

- Water Skin (Filled) (x2)

- Bed Roll

- Ember Stones (x10)

- Deconstructing Knife (x3)

- Trap Disarming Tools (Various Types and Amounts)

- Basic Quill Pen (New)

- Flash Bombs (x5)

- Sleep Poison Med. (x5)

- Throwing Knives (x50)

- Map of the Cave of Light (F1, F2, B1, B2)

- Rations (x5)

- Average Healing Potions (High Quality) (x2)

- Rope (60m)

- Purifier Stones (Water) (x10)

- Simple Parchment (x10)

- Ink Bottle (Filled) (x2)

1,785GP​

* = New

Upon arriving at the Eastern Gate, Mira looked up at the tall stone walls that acted as a first line of defense against any invaders of Invarion, noticing small intricate depictions of symbols related to the Goddess that called this city home occasionally carved upon the bricks. This wasn't the first time she had seen such things -- symbols of protection and faith were common in the construction of religious cities, after all -- but it was still quite the spectacle. More of an oddity, however, came from a group who just arrived past the gate, however.

At the head of the group was a slightly-thin Gnome with a thick white beard and a red face -- with the facial color being from anger. "We were robbed, I said! How the hell are we supposed to pay the entrance fee when we've hardly anything but the clothes on our backs?!"

'
A carriage? No... A caravan?' Mira raised an eyebrow at the commotion being kicked up by the short man as he shouted at the Guards in front of him, occasionally being assisted by other Gnomes, and sometimes Humans who awaited behind him.

Deciding she didn't have anything better to do, Mira approached one of the Guards off to the side and gave a short "What's that all about?" after giving him a light tap on the shoulder; in response, the Guard gave off a sharp "Guah?!" before jumping back a couple of feet and breathing a sigh of relief.

'... Maybe I should take off Teacher's gift when I'm trying to get someone's attention.' Sarcastically thinking so, she waits for the Guard to calm down before repeating her question.

"Ah... You haven't heard? There's been a group of bandits kicking up a fuss a little ways East of here, y'see -- just a bit south from the trail to Ras Dothore. They call themselves the "Red Fangs", and they've been going after merchant groups for almost a week now." The Guard paused a moment, his steel armor clinking as he shifted under Mira's cold gaze which seems to spell out 'And why haven't they been taken care of, exactly?'.

In response, he frantically waved his hands in front of him with a flustered face. "W-We'd go out and take care of them right away, usually, honest! It's just that... Well... We need to be given the 'OK' by Lady Amalthia, and she's been busy preparing for the 'Travelers' or something these past couple of days. Because of that, a punitive force hasn't been assembled just yet."

Mira closed her eyes with her arms crossed to think for a moment as the soldier hurriedly following up with "T-They'll be taken care of within the next week or so, no doubt about it!"

After a couple of moments, however, she opened her eyes once again and gave a short "Thanks." before turning behind her and giving a short shout to where a certain individual's stare had been coming from for a short while.

"Oi, Sylph, you were listening too, right?"

@Throne Trinity @Anaxileah

Last edited by a moderator:
no slide
Inventory

Gregor:

|Bag of Holding|

-Water skin

- Lute

- Climbing Kit

- Dugeoneer pack

- Bed Roll

- Blade repair kit

- 5x rations

- 2X Jyn Kebab

- Dragon's Ginger

-Greater healing potion

- Potion of swiftness

- Zyngala Paladin armor EQ

- Zyngala's Glaive EQ

GP: 982

Feevi:

|Medium Messenger Bag|

- x5 Thieves Kit

- Water Skin

- Potion of acid resistance - Potion of Invisibility

- Elemental Bestiary

- Bed Roll

- 3X 6'x6' of fine silks and cloth

- Basic Leather armor EQ

- Coat of Adaptation EQ

- x25 Sleep arrows EQ

- Bowblade EQ

- Her fathers wedding ring EQ

GP: 878

Feevi Hadish
Feevi had been walking through the stalls, slowly making her way around the bustling crowds to the far wall where Mira was waiting. Upon her arrival the Sylph found Mira interrogating a guard. There were some angry looking adventurers bitching and moaning about getting robbed standing about, not looking to pleased with their condition. Obviously they weren't very capable adventurers if they let themselves get robbed and didn't do anything about it.

Quietly, Feevi began to approach her fellow Traveler, her hair billowing in a wind that didn't seem to exist. But before the Ranger could reach Mira, the lycanthrope turned. "Oi, Sylph, you were listening too, right?" Feevi was startled that the woman had even noticed her drawing closer but then realized that her werewolf nose probably picked up on Feevi's distinct sent. "Yeah, I heard what he said. I assume you're wanting a little warm up before we head off to the Cave of Light?"

Thinking about it, taking down a gang of bandits actually sounded like a favorable course of action. Feevi was having an extremely stressful week and letting lose some steam on some scags sounded like fun. It would also prove a good chance to see how everyone's combat style worked together.

@Ensig

Mira Fanghearth

Equipped

- Crescent Moon Necklace

- Leather Wrappings

- Throwing Knives (x10)

- Smoke Bombs (x3)

- Tattered Thieves Coat

- Ring of Bargaining

- Flash Bombs (x2)

Bag of Holding
- Smoke Bombs (x5)

- Bandage Strips (x10)

- Bed Roll

- Ember Stones (x10)

- Basic Quill Pen (New)

- Flash Bombs (x5)

- Sleep Poison Med. (x5)

- Throwing Knives (x50)

- Rations (x5)

- Rope (60m)

- Simple Parchment (x10)

1,785GP​

* = New

Mira watched as the Sylph came out of the crowd, approaching her with a brisk pace; her hair fluttered slightly despite the absence of wind, causing Mira to mumble "Wind elementals sure are flashy..." under her breath.

"Yeah, I heard what he said. I assume you're wanting a little warm up before we head off to the Cave of Light?"

To that, Mira gave a simple nod to Feevi's guess. Mira wasn't exactly keen on fighting, but getting an idea of the group's capabilities before they took on the mission given by a Goddess would be for the best. Besides... If the Bandits had been operating for a while, the loot they had would have to be worth something, right?

On that note, Mira turned her sight to the merchant group still making noise near the entrance before speaking once again. "The question is: what should we do with the loot?" With that, she turned to face Feevi once again.

The loot could be returned (for a fee, of course), taken for themselves, or left alone for the Guards or whoever else comes along. Those were the options that came to mind immediately, at least. Mira didn't particularly mind returning all of the loot to their rightful owners... But it'd take time and effort to do so, not to mention the fact they'd need to go back to Invarion to give it all back.

It would be equally as troublesome to take the items they find, given the fact that Bags of Holding had a limited capacity. Selling the items would also require connections to a proper merchant -- one who didn't mind selling 'looted' items with the possibility of being arrested for second-hand thievery.

Finally, the group could simply leave the loot... But the possibility of another bandit group claiming it all made that option undesirable.

To Mira, the best solution would be something along the lines of:

Get the Merchant Group or Guards to follow the Travelers > Move to the Bandit Camp > Defeat the Bandits > Receive the reward for the Bandit Extermination & Loot repossession on the spot > Have the Merchants/Guards go back to Invarion with the loot.

If the Travelers took the Merchants, they would likely gain a higher reward, but the Merchants would likely take and sell all the items found, rather than taking the time to seek out their original owners.

The Guards on the other hand would offer combat support (possibly), and would offer a smaller (although proper) reward. Unless the Guards are corrupt (which is unlikely, given the fact that this city is ruled by a Goddess), they would make sure the items went back to their proper owners.

From Mira's perspective, either was fine seeing as it would solve the problem of lugging random loot around... But she slightly preferred the Guard option, if only for the fact that it was the right thing to do.

But she couldn't be bothered to explain such things. Breathing out a short sigh, Mira waited for Feevi to respond and hopefully come to a similar conclusion.

@Throne Trinity

no slide
Inventory

Gregor:

|Bag of Holding|

-Water skin

- Lute

- Climbing Kit

- Dugeoneer pack

- Bed Roll

- Blade repair kit

- 5x rations

- 2X Jyn Kebab

- Dragon's Ginger

-Greater healing potion

- Potion of swiftness

- Zyngala's Glaive EQ

GP: 982

Feevi:

|Medium Messenger Bag|

- x5 Thieves Kit

- Water Skin

- Elemental Bestiary

- Bed Roll

- Basic Leather armor EQ

- Coat of Adaptation EQ

- x25 Sleep arrows EQ

- Bowblade EQ

- Her fathers wedding ring EQ

Feevi Hadish
"The question is what should we do with the loot?"

The question struck Feevi as odd and she thought the answer was apparent. If they were to take out the bandit camp then they were doing the kingdoms a big favor. It was only reasonable to have there reward be whatever it was they managed to pick up from these scags. "Well isn't it obvious? We take it for our selves. Any loot we get is our reward." An audible groan can be heard from the adventuring party that had arrived at the gate and the Gnome who was yelling at the guard earlier seems to shake with anger. "Now you listen here Missy! That "loot" don't belong to you, it belongs to us and anyone else who was stolen from! You need to return anything you take!" There is a brief cheer from the men and woman behind the Gnome drawing a few eyes from the people in the market.

Feevi, who hadn't seemed to notice the man before, steals a glance down towards him and holds his angry stare with a calm one of her own. "Listen, you lost everything you own, and that's a strike at your ego and your pride. I understand that. But nothing is stopping you from getting your own shit back. You do it or you die trying, that's the honorable way. But, if you aren't going to do that, then I'm going to ask you to back down short stuff and let us take care of these bandits." Feevi stepped away from the Gnome, who was now absolutely seething with rage, and walked a bit closer to Mira.

"So what do think partner? We keep the loot for ourselves?" She let the question hang in the air, a faint smile playing on the edge of her lips and the smell of rain clouds now suddenly evident.

@Ensig

Lan watched in wonder as Gregor's armor seemed to have a spark of its own...literally. And Zyngala? Must be a deity even more powerful than Amalthia. There was a lot of questions on her mind, but for now, the matters at hand were more important.

"Oh! Is that so? How convenient!" Lan reached for the contract to see it better "Thanks so much for holding it all this time, I can take it off your hands now." She scanned it quickly

"fighting evils....being brave...working together..." things she had sought from informants along her travels, but seeing it all compiled into one neat document made it feel more solidified her resolve somehow. She took a slow breath in and said her name "Lan...I guess I don't have a last name huh, oh?" She saw her name etched into the paper none the less.

"So..I guess that's it then? It's a pleasure to be joining your party!" She hands the contract back.

@Throne Trinity

Mira Fanghearth

Equipped

- Crescent Moon Necklace

- Leather Wrappings

- Throwing Knives (x10)

- Smoke Bombs (x3)

- Tattered Thieves Coat

- Ring of Bargaining

- Flash Bombs (x2)

Bag of Holding
- Smoke Bombs (x5)

- Bandage Strips (x10)

- Bed Roll

- Ember Stones (x10)

- Basic Quill Pen (New)

- Flash Bombs (x5)

- Sleep Poison Med. (x5)

- Throwing Knives (x50)

- Rations (x5)

- Rope (60m)

- Simple Parchment (x10)

1,785GP​

* = New

Mira closed her eyes and massaged the bridge of her nose as Feevi riled up the caravan and the Gnome who seemed like something of a leader of the group. Chances are, whatever bonus reward the group could have obtained by bringing the Merchants along took a considerable drop. Thinking so, Mira breathed out a deep sigh before crossing her arms and looking back at the Sylph.

"So what do think partner? We keep the loot for ourselves?"

In response, Mira shook her head, her white hair rustling slightly as she did so. Less than a moment later, Mira raised a single finger for 'one'. "First of all, we're not 'partners' -- we're acquaintances at best. Traveling companions or not, that much hasn't changed."

The Lycanthrope waited a moment for her words to sink into the woman in front of her before raising another finger for 'two'. "Second, if we took all the loot, how the hell would we lug it around?" Mira lowered her hand, crossing her arms once again and motioning towards the caravan with her chin. "Almost all of their goods are gone, and the Bandit group isn't just a day old either."

Mira was, of course, referring to the fact that the Bandits would have far more goods than just this caravan. A week wasn't long, but it wasn't short, either. Chances are, they had at least 5 Wagons full of goods plundered from merchants -- and that's not even including any food they stole.

Mira closed her eyes and, with a voice as though she were lecturing a child, continued. "And before you say something like 'we'll just take what we want', please consider the possibility of another Bandit group springing up. Saying 'It's not our problem' after taking what we like would be nothing short of barbaric." Slowly, her eyes opened and returned to the Rogue in front of her. "We're representing a Goddess. Remember that."

OOC Note
@Throne Trinity

We should probably wait for @Anaxileah to write up Ayola interjecting within the next 1-2 posts. Also, apparently I forgot to post this when I wrote... Like, a couple hours ago. Whoops.

no slide
Gregor's Inventory

Gregor:

|Bag of Holding|

-Water skin

- Lute

- Climbing Kit

- Dugeoneer Pack

- Bed Roll

- Blade repair kit

- 5x rations

- 2X Jyn Kebab

- 11X Dragon's Ginger

-Greater healing potion

- Potion of swiftness

- Zyngala's Glaive EQ

GP:0
Feevi Inventory

Feevi:

|Medium Messenger Bag|

- x5 Thieves Kit

- Water Skin

- Elemental Bestiary

- Bed Roll

- Basic Leather armor EQ

- Coat of Adaptation EQ

- x25 Sleep arrows EQ

- Bowblade EQ

- Her father’s wedding ring EQ

Feevi Hadish
Feevi let's out a soft chuckle at Mira's remarks, beginning to mull over what her "acquaintance" had said but frankly could give less of a shit. Yeah the right thing to do would be to try and return as much as they could but that didn't interest Feevi very much. "So what? You want to track down every person who was stolen from and give them there stuff back? I don't think so." Feevi paused for a second choosing her next words carefully. She seems to stare off into the middle distance before her smile returns and she looks to Mira.

"I don't know if you've ever been part of a gang but when you take valuables you don't just horde them, especially if your letting your victims go. By now most of the goods have probably been sold or traded for ale, weapons and woman." The sylph chuckles to her self lightly. "As a gang you need to travel light enough to move out just in case the heat comes down. I doubt they have a whole treasure trove lying around and even if they do we've got bags of holding and and a carriage to store anything else. I say we go in there, beat 'em senseless and take everything they have. Give 'em a taste of their own medicine if you will. That way we can keep what we like and sell everything else to the merchants in Ras Dothore."

Feevi wanders over to the wall and leans her back up against it, stepping into the shade of the great protective structure before addressing the Gnome and his party. "And if you would like tiny man, you may accompany us, for a short time, to take back whatever it is you have been robbed of. I am not so heartless as to not give you a chance to redeem yourself."

@Ensig

Gregor Hartway
Watching with the most child like anticipation imaginable, Gregor waits with bated breath as Lan takes the contracts and speaks her name.

"It's a pleasure to be joining your party!"

Gregor lets out another hardy laugh and gives the blacksmith a particularly harsh pat on the back. "HAHAHA! The pleasure's all mine Lan!" Gregor puts his hands on his hips and takes a wide stance, looking off into the distance. "Amazing... it's only been a couple hours since I've started my adventure and I've already made..." Gregor looks down and begins to count on his fingers. "AHA! Seven friends. Wow, it's almost enough to make a grown man cry... But not this grown man! AHA!" The boisterous Paladin turns to leave but then turns again facing Lan once more, remembrance displayed plainly on his face. "I almost forgot! Here. " Gregor grabs the woman's hand and forces the rest of his money into her hand, a sack full of 982 gold pieces. "Take this as a gift of friendship. Spend it on whatever you would like and then meet me by the eastern wall!" And with that Gregor turns and leaves, almost skipping as he does so, which is quite humorous for such a large armored man. He whistles as as he disappears into the crowd, moving with the jaunty tune.

@Tunioga

embed.php

Appearance

0afea05dff15150bd6075f1bc5b8b831-d5lsso0.jpg

As Ayola left her house and marched through the Great Bazaar that she once called home, trying to control her heart rate through deep breaths. Several people waved to her, not knowing that she would be leaving for a long while, and she waved back with a sad smile. As she continued walking, Ayola paid attention to the strangers milling around, bartering with her fellow merchants and conversing amongst themselves. She spotted a particular group of people that struck her as strange, what with a male paladin of some sort who was making himself known through his boisterous behavior, but she shook her head and continued onward to the Eastern Gate. As she approached the Gate, she noticed an interesting situation unfolding.

"We were robbed, I said! How the hell are we supposed to pay the entrance fee when we've hardly anything but the clothes on our backs?!" Ayola raised her eyebrows at the scene and lowered her hood further, not sure she wanted to get involved. However, the two females she met earlier, Feevi and Mira, were both present and seemed to be attempting to resolve the situation. Mira didn't like the idea of keeping everything to ourselves, from what Ayola could see, and Feevi could care less about giving the merchants and other citizens what they lost, simply wanting the loot for their group...the Travelers? Didn't the guards say that the Travelers were the ones who were preventing Lady Amalthia from sending out soldiers...? With that thought, Ayola came up with a solution.

"Um...Feevi, Mira...soldiers and citizens...since you lot are with the Travelers, wouldn't it make sense for the soldiers to accompany us to the bandits' location and we work as a team to take care of them? Once the bandits are defeated, both the Travelers and the citizens would benefit, since the soldiers could bring the citizens' their belongings and give us a reward at the location? Anything that doesn't belong to the citizens could be given to us, or some other solution can be discovered." Ayola spoke her idea, then immediately regretted it. She hadn't intended on gathering too much attention with her thought process, nor did she feel it was good enough for anyone of the Travelers' level. After she spoke she backed up a little bit and apologized quietly, embarrassed. Are they going to take back their offer to take me with them...? Ayola worried beneath her hood, but said nothing more.

Tag:

@Ensig @Throne Trinity Character's Mood: Scared/Sad/Embarrassed User's Mood: Tired/In Pain Location: Eastern Gate Inventory: Same as before..Ye

no slide
Gregor's Inventory

Gregor:

|Bag of Holding|

-Water skin

- Lute

- Climbing Kit

- Dugeoneer Pack

- Bed Roll

- Blade repair kit

- 5x rations

- 2X Jyn Kebab

- 11X Dragon's Ginger

-Greater healing potion

- Potion of swiftness

- Zyngala's Glaive EQ

Feevi Inventory

Feevi:

|Medium Messenger Bag|

- x5 Thieves Kit

- Water Skin

- Elemental Bestiary

- Bed Roll

- Basic Leather armor EQ

- Coat of Adaptation EQ

- x25 Sleep arrows EQ

- Bowblade EQ

Feevi Hadish
Not seeing her approach, Feevi was surprised when Ayola spoke up. Glancing over to the young woman the sylph flashed her a warm smile. "Oh, alchemist, I'm glad you have deciding to join us." Feevi said as she thought over her comment. "You bring up a good point, and that's a fine thing to do in theory, but there are a couple of problems with you idea." Just then, the sylph seems to notice that Ayola looks a tad embarrassed and decides to tread as carefully as possible, trying not to hurt the woman's ego. "First off, all the soldiers wouldn't know what belonged to who so even if they did bring it back they wouldn't know who to give what. And that's assuming everything that was stolen is still there at the encampment. And the other thing wrong with your idea is that if we did bring the guards with us then what would we be? A bunch of pussies, that's what. We were chosen by the goddess of light herself, and although me and her aren't on the best of terms, I still gotta respect the lady. So if we can't handle a group of bandits on our own than we ain't worth dirt." Realizing that her plan to tread carefully had gone out the window immediately Feevi tried to recover with a soft smile towards the girl. "That's not to say I don't appreciate the input miss Ayola, but I think it would save us all a whole lot of trouble and time if we just went in there and beat the shit out of these criminals. Plus we got bigger fish to fry elsewhere." Feevi crosses her arms again and leans back up against the wall once more and gives a sly wink to Ayola, for no reason in particular but to seem cheeky.

@Anaxileah

Mira Fanghearth

Equipped

- Crescent Moon Necklace

- Leather Wrappings

- Throwing Knives (x10)

- Smoke Bombs (x3)

- Tattered Thieves Coat

- Ring of Bargaining

- Flash Bombs (x2)

Bag of Holding
- Smoke Bombs (x5)

- Bandage Strips (x10)

- Bed Roll

- Ember Stones (x10)

- Basic Quill Pen (New)

- Flash Bombs (x5)

- Sleep Poison Med. (x5)

- Throwing Knives (x50)

- Rations (x5)

- Rope (60m)

- Simple Parchment (x10)

1,785GP​

* = New

"I don't know if you've ever been part of a gang but when you take valuables you don't just horde them, especially if your letting your victims go. By now most of the goods have probably been sold or traded for ale, weapons and woman."

Mira simply gave a short sigh after Feevi said that. She wasn't oblivious to how less-than-legal transactions among Thieves and Bandits worked; she had been living the life of one for almost as long as she could remember, after all. Liquidation was only a matter of time... But that was just it. Not much time had passed. The merchants arguing over the entrance fee was proof that at least 5 different carts had their goods stolen... So no matter how good the Bandits were at selling their wares, it would still take at least a couple of days to settle a deal with a black market dealer. Any dealer that accepted day-old stolen goods wasn't of their right minds, because it was just asking to be arrested.

That being the case, the Bandits would need to send over negotiations to either Invarion or Ras to guarantee a proper merchant. Chances are, they would sell the goods in Ras to be safe, so it would probably take about a day just to start... Then they might wait 2-3 more days after the deal was settled, then the items would be liquidated.

In the end, that means that the goods from the merchants in front of them (or at least most of them) would still be around for a couple of days... Unless the bandits were complete idiots who wanted to draw attention to themselves. Then they might be a bit more bold and hasten the process. But in that case...

"Um... Feevi, Mira... Soldiers and citizens..."

Mira snapped out of her thoughts and turned to the Alchemist as she began speaking, and payed attention to her recommendation. 'Yeah. That'd be the ideal result.' was all Mira thought as the young woman continued to speak, only to end with a light apology. Mira could see the girl's face becoming a slightly redder tint under her hood as she did, but... Mira couldn't help but wonder why. The girl's recommendation was a good one, after all.

Feevi also seemed to be mulling over the Alchemist's speech and, after giving a light greeting, proceeded to point out what she thought of the idea. Most of which was what she had spoken of to Mira beforehand, but the guard-bit was new. In regards to the Guards' cooperation, Mira didn't mind whether they stayed back or assisted but... By no means would having reinforcements make the Travelers, as she so eloquently put it, "pussies".

Thinking so, Mira spoke up. "I prefer the Alchemist's suggestion."

After giving a short nod, she continued. "Our first priority for taking on the Bandits is to see how we all fight together, not wealth. That being the case... There's a high possibility of us Travelers' combat styles not working well in our first battle."

Mira shifted slightly after saying so, and looked towards the guards. Their attention had been drawn to the Alchemist at first, but were now brought to herself... Not that the stares bothered a trained Thief. "That being said, I'd rather not have the Guards participate in battle from the start. Instead, they should be insurance."

One of the guards seemed like he wanted to speak up about something, but preemptively guessing what he was about to say, Mira raised a hand in 'pause' and cut him off. "I don't mean as throw-away items or extras. Instead... I'm meaning they'll be our way out if we're in trouble. We'll devise a strategy to have the Travelers back off from combat if we're in trouble, and lead the Bandits to an area the Guards can easily attack. Then, we'll fight back together. In other words, they'll be our 'relief'." Crossing her arms, Mira took a short breath before giving a side glance at Feevi. "Having back-up doesn't make us cowards..." Her head then turned to Ayola.

"It makes us wise."

Mira then looked towards the Guards once again. "We might not use the strategy in the end, but I'd rather have that lee-way. Seeing as we're under the command of Lady Amalthia, your commanding officers won't mind us taking a couple of men, right? After the fight's over we can hold talks of rewards and such. Most of the items stolen from previous merchant groups will have been liquidated... But these guys' items will be largely intact."

Motioning to the merchants, Mira continued. "So we'd be counting on you to see the items back. I'm sure these gentlemen won't mind you using their wagons to carry the goods back, so all that you'd need to do is assemble some men."

After a couple of Soldiers started talking amongst themselves, Mira gave out a short sigh and closed her eyes. She had been speaking a lot today...

@Anaxileah @Throne Trinity

no slide
Gregor's Inventory

Gregor:

|Bag of Holding|

-Water skin

- Lute

- Climbing Kit

- Dugeoneer Pack

- Bed Roll

- Blade repair kit

- 5x rations

- 2X Jyn Kebab

- 11X Dragon's Ginger

-Greater healing potion

- Potion of swiftness

- Zyngala's Glaive EQ

Feevi Inventory

Feevi:

|Medium Messenger Bag|

- x5 Thieves Kit

- Water Skin

- Elemental Bestiary

- Bed Roll

- Basic Leather armor EQ

- Coat of Adaptation EQ

- x25 Sleep arrows EQ

- Bowblade EQ

Feevi Hadish
Feevi's smile never faltered as Mira continued to speak. She wasn't sure why but she almost felt like the woman was beginning to get agitated with her. Feevi brushed off the feeling thinking nothing of it. "I never said our main priority was wealth, although I figure that's an added bonus for all of our hard work. I'm open to the idea of these merchants coming with us to collect what ever is left of their stuff but traveling to..." Feevi stares off in thought for a moment and then turns to the Gnome from earlier. "Where were you attacked?" The Gnome smirks at the sylph and chuckles to himself. "I was wondering when you would ask that. We were ambushed about half way from here to Ras. I'd say it was about a day and a half trek by foot. Maybe longer if you've got legs like mine." Feevi smiles, nods to the man and thanks him before turning back to Mira. "Where was I? Oh yeah, once we travel all that way, there is no guarantee we will be able to even find the bandits, let alone their treasures. But we can always bring these... fine folk with us so they can collect whats rightfully theirs, assuming it's still there. Anything else is ours."

Feevi paused again, just to think for a second before continuing her argument. "I still don't think we need guards. Remember our top priority is getting to the Cave of Light, and bringing these guys with us is only going to slow us down. Gods know what kind of carriage has been prepared for us, but even if we can fit all of us into it we can't just leave the guards and these merchants in the woods with no mounts once we've finished our business. We'd have to take them back, and that's going to cost us time. And before you can say that they can take their own mounts, that's assuming Amalthia has gifted us with a normal carriage and not something that is absurdly fast, which I'm almost certain she has not done."

"We also need to think about stealth. You and me can sneak about easy, but we've already got enough to worry about with Blue Lightning and Ghost in Shell, those two have more armor than the whole fuckin' royal guard. I don't think tacking on a militia of guards is going to help much." Feevi sighs and frowns for a moment, realizing she may have come across as rude. "Look, we were chosen to by the lady Amalthia herself. There's a reason we were picked and these chumps weren't. Having a back up plan is wise, you're correct in saying that. But we're the Travelers! There is no need to put these guards in harms way, even if they're just on the sidelines as a contingency plan. " Feevi lets out a long breath and then smiles once more, trying to be as warm as possible. "What do you say partn-... 'acquaintance'?"​

@Anaxileah @Ensig

Erin smiles with glee, as Lan 'signed' the contract, officially joining the party, he was glad to have more members.. or friends (although they may not feel the same as Gregor about that title) And she was a blacksmith too, which is.. cool, I mean Erin didn't have any weapons or armor.. but still!. He watched the contract leave Lan and return to Gregor. After that was done Gregor handed his coin purse over to Lan and began to make his way over to the eastern gate, he's so nice!

Erin decided that they'd lost enough time at the market already and decided it was a good time to join the others at the gate, so he turned to the rest of the group, with a smile and said "I'm going to head off too, see you guys later." and waved goodbye, as he caught up with Gregor, who had been skipping away merrily, and tapped him on the back to get his attention "Um, Gregor, would you mind if I followed you over to the gate?" Erin smiled at Gregor, whom had just said that he considered them all friends. Erin was very happy to hear that, as he'd never had a real friend before, a few invisible ones, and occasionally a few fake friends that used him for his magic.. but never a real one, and the idea filled him with determination.

@Throne Trinity

Mira Fanghearth

Equipped

- Crescent Moon Necklace

- Leather Wrappings

- Throwing Knives (x10)

- Smoke Bombs (x3)

- Tattered Thieves Coat

- Ring of Bargaining

- Flash Bombs (x2)

Bag of Holding
- Smoke Bombs (x5)

- Bandage Strips (x10)

- Bed Roll

- Ember Stones (x10)

- Basic Quill Pen (New)

- Flash Bombs (x5)

- Sleep Poison Med. (x5)

- Throwing Knives (x50)

- Rations (x5)

- Rope (60m)

- Simple Parchment (x10)

1,785GP​

* = New

Letting out a light sigh, Mira looked at the clouds overhead. A day and a half by foot is as good as saying a day by carriage -- so long as the carriage is at a brisk pace, which most merchant vessels would. In other words, their items were most definitely still with the Bandits. Even looking past the fact that the Bandits would likely move back to their camp to split the spoils (which would add more time onto the liquidation process), it would still take at least a couple of days to get rid of all of these Merchants' goods.

In regards to the Merchants... Mira would rather they're completely uninvolved, minus their carriages. She only recommend the Guards commandeering said carriages for the sake of time, so they could skip over any carriage-rental formalities. If the Merchants were brought along, it would offer more trouble than necessary, given the fact they would need to be escorted to the site... The Guards by themselves could be left alone, even if the Travelers speeds on ahead of them.

Moving ahead without the Guards would throw most tactics out the window, but... If the Travelers could take the Bandits out without any proper training as a group, then arriving well before the Guards and exterminating the Bandits by the time they arrive would be fine. The Guards would still serve the purpose of recovering any goods remaining.

But Mira had the sneaking suspicion that even if she explained all of that verbally, the Sylph in front of her still wouldn't budge... So she simply wouldn't go through the trouble.

Looking over to Feevi once again, Mira spoke in a neutral tone, as she was throughout the discussion. "My opinion hasn't changed, Sylph." Then, shrugging, she shortly added "We'll have to talk with the rest of the group to see if we're even going to go ahead with the bandit extermination. So, for now, let's leave it at that."

@Anaxileah @Throne Trinity

Eldrich Morrow

Equipped
- None

Bag of Holding (Large)
- Tower Shield of the Iron Gatekeeper

- Portable Weapon Repair Kit (x10)

- Whetstones (x15)

- Lance of the Iron Gatekeeper

- Portable Armor Repair Kit (x10)

- Packs of Lumber (x9)

1,900GP

* = New

Eldrich gave a small round of metallic-applause as Lan signed the contract, and scanned the surrounding stalls as Gregor and Erin headed off to the Eastern Gate after giving them a short wave. Getting a new comrade was all well and good, but he was still severely lacking when it came to preparations.

"Ember Stones, spare Bed Rolls, perhaps a Tarp of some sort... Next would be rations..." Muttering to himself, Eldrich looked down towards his new companion and spoke. "I should continue with preparations. Would you like to join me, Miss Lan?"

@Tunioga

no slide
Gregor's Inventory

Gregor:

|Bag of Holding|

-Water skin

- Lute

- Climbing Kit

- Dugeoneer Pack

- Bed Roll

- Blade repair kit

- 5x rations

- 2X Jyn Kebab

- 11X Dragon's Ginger

-Greater healing potion

- Potion of swiftness

- Zyngala's Glaive EQ

Feevi Inventory

Feevi:

|Medium Messenger Bag|

- x5 Thieves Kit

- Water Skin

- Elemental Bestiary

- Bed Roll

- x3 6'x6' of fine silks and cloth

- Basic Leather armor EQ

- Coat of Adaptation EQ

- x25 Sleep arrows EQ

- Bowblade EQ

Feevi Hadish
Letting out a low chuckle Feevi nodded. "Alright, we wait for the others. They're part of this operation as much as we are I suppose." She gives a sly grin to Mira before closing her eyes and soaking in the shade. The sylph felt like that was a productive debate, in her mind they were getting closer to the answer they needed.

After a few moments of silence Feevi opened one eye, just to steal a glance at Mira before asking a question that had been on her mind for a while. "I suppose while we wait for the others we might as well get to know each other a little yeah? Where you from?" To most it may have seemed like a lazy attempt at small talk, but Feevi was generally curious.

@Ensig

Gregor Hartway
Making his way to the eastern wall, Gregor was lost in thought. Though most of his thoughts were about simple things; justice, monster slaying, friends, food etc. Gregor still managed to be completely caught off guard when his new half-elf friend walked up beside him, asking if it would be alright if they walked together.

"HAHA! Of course it's fine! The more the merrier I always say... Well I don't always say that, but I'm saying it now! Aha!" Gregor gives Erin a hardy pat on the back and continues to walk. "So tell me a bit about your self Erin. Where are you from? What do you do? I want to know everything about my new friend!" Gregor grins wildly at the prospect of getting to know his knew mate, because much like Erin, Gregor had never had real friends either. Of course he had always had his sister, but outside of that he was an outcast amongst the youth of Jyncala.​

@Void Elemental

Erin was glad that Gregor allowed him to walk with him, it would've been awkward if he'd said no. "You want to know about me?" Erin was a bit confused, and surprised, most people didn't care about him, or what he had to say. "Well.. where to start.. I was born to an elven mother and a human father.Though I was raised by my master who taught me magic.. but.. I wanted to see the world, so I left." Erin skimmed over his master's abuse and neglect, and the... accidental murder.. and moved onto the big picture! "I've done odd jobs.. entertaining, small tasks, chores.. but I've always wanted to go on a real quest, help people, see the world, and that's what brought me to the goddess." Erin smiled to Gregor. "What about you?" He leaned over slightly, looking over at him, holding onto his amulet.

Mira Fanghearth

Equipped

- Crescent Moon Necklace

- Leather Wrappings

- Throwing Knives (x10)

- Smoke Bombs (x3)

- Tattered Thieves Coat

- Ring of Bargaining

- Flash Bombs (x2)

Bag of Holding
- Smoke Bombs (x5)

- Bandage Strips (x10)

- Bed Roll

- Ember Stones (x10)

- Basic Quill Pen (New)

- Flash Bombs (x5)

- Sleep Poison Med. (x5)

- Throwing Knives (x50)

- Rations (x5)

- Rope (60m)

- Simple Parchment (x10)

1,785GP​

* = New

Mira leaned against the cold stone walls next to the Eastern gate while waiting for the remaining travelers, breathing in the fresh (albeit slightly horse-smelling) air before her attention was once again drawn to Feevi as she spoke.

"I suppose while we wait for the others we might as well get to know each other a little yeah? Where you from?"

To this, Mira could only raise an eyebrow silently. Mira had large bindings on her arms, legs, and neck -- ones that would put a slave's to shame, give their intricate carvings, some: arcane, others: her own works. Furthermore, she was a white haired Lycanthrope -- the last remaining of her village. In fact, if her village wasn't the only one attacked, she may even be the last remaining of her entire Tribe... She hadn't seen any other White Werewolves ever since she was put into slavery, so she honestly had no clue what the state of other Lycanthrope villages.

Mira could understand the Sylph's curiosity given all of the above, but... "Don't you know it's rude to ask a Thief their history?"

It was a common rule among Thieves, Bandits, Rogues, and essentially anyone else who dealt with less-than-legal operations to keep your past to yourself. That way, family ties, friends, and even possibly one's base of operations are kept uninvolved. As such, Mira wondered whether the Sylph was asking due to ignorance of this 'rule', or simply questioning her regardless.

@Throne Trinity

no slide
Gregor's Inventory

Gregor:

|Bag of Holding|

-Water skin

- Lute

- Climbing Kit

- Dugeoneer Pack

- Bed Roll

- Blade repair kit

- 5x rations

- 2X Jyn Kebab

- 11X Dragon's Ginger

-Greater healing potion

- Potion of swiftness

- Zyngala's Glaive EQ

Feevi Inventory

Feevi:

|Medium Messenger Bag|

- x5 Thieves Kit

- Water Skin

- Elemental Bestiary

- Bed Roll

- Basic Leather armor EQ

- Coat of Adaptation EQ

- x25 Sleep arrows EQ

- Bowblade EQ

Gregor Hartway
Gregor looked off into the distance, a flare of passion in his eyes. In his mind he recounted everything that had brought him up to this point. His days as a merchants son, the arrival of his sister, the Goliath barbarian attack, braving the wilderness all by himself for years, finding Zyngala's temple and becoming a paladin, spreading the word of his god and justice, and then finding himself here, becoming a traveler.

Gregor looks down to Erin, his pleasant grin evident on his face."My story starts out in the distant city of Jyncala, a land of truths and ideals. I was born a merchants son, by no means a dishonorable trade here, but in Jyncala the stigma towards merchants is different. I was teased and bullied but I never payed it any mind. I pride myself in having strong resolve you see. Anyway together with my parents, we wandered the wilderness in search of old temples or ruins looking for rare artifacts. Most merchants would simply purchase their goods from farmers or craftsmen but we had no interest in such basic products. We searched for only the most legendary of items." The paladin begins to chuckle to himself. "And then one day, mom and pop said they were going to find the greatest treasure of all, leaving me at home basking in anticipation. Several hours later they came back with my sister. Mira, an orphaned changeling and my best friend. We spent most of our days together, getting in trouble occasionally, but mostly spending time out in the woods exploring." Suddenly Gregor's face flashes with a look of glum sadness but then returns to it's normal state of pleasantness only a moment later. "After some unsavory things that occurred back in Jyncala I left, braving the wilderness by myself and eventually coming across my new home. The temple of Jyn! That's when I found Zyngala and became the tough man you see before you! Spreading the name of justice to the unjust! Aha!" With a mighty shout, Gregor slams his fist onto his chest plate leaving a resounding clang. "And that my dear Erin, is my story of redemption and honor! Or at least the short version." Gregor once again pats the half-elf on the back and continues to whistle whilst walking to the eastern wall, that light skip returning to his step.​

@Void Elemental

embed.php

Appearance

0afea05dff15150bd6075f1bc5b8b831-d5lsso0.jpg

Ayola blinked a couple times when the elemental hybrid spoke to her, addressing her idea. When she said there was a problem with it, Ayola tilted her head to the side in confusion. "First off, all the soldiers wouldn't know what belonged to who so even if they did bring it back they wouldn't know who to give what. And that's assuming everything that was stolen is still there at the encampment. And the other thing wrong with your idea is that if we did bring the guards with us then what would we be? A bunch of pussies, that's what. We were chosen by the goddess of light herself, and although me and her aren't on the best of terms, I still gotta respect the lady. So if we can't handle a group of bandits on our own than we ain't worth dirt." Ayola was startled by the female's comeback, but she was indeed correct, to some degree, which embarrassed Ayola further. Public embarrassment...how nice... Ayola thought bitterly to herself, but her train of thought was interrupted by the same female. "That's not to say I don't appreciate the input miss Ayola, but I think it would save us all a whole lot of trouble and time if we just went in there and beat the shit out of these criminals. Plus we got bigger fish to fry elsewhere." Feevi grinned at Ayola and winked, but Ayola only frowned in response. That's not an incredibly intelligent decision... Ayola thought to herself before turning to face Mira.

Wait...did Mira just agree with me...? Ayola wondered to herself in astonishment, then smiled faintly. Is this what it feels like to make new friends? Ayola thought to herself happily. She had family friends, but they were more like actual family than friends, and they'd all known her since she was little, so they didn't really count. Other than them, Ayola didn't have anyone to talk to, any friends to spend time with. This was a first for her. When Mira spoke, Ayola nodded in agreement, then looked back at Feevi, waiting for her rebuttal. The two continued speaking back and forth in some form of tedious debate until Mira suggested they wait for the rest of the group, and Feevi agreed, which was new. "Alright, we wait for the others. They're part of this operation as much as we are I suppose." Ayola let out a relieved sigh before leaning against a nearby building, observing the two females. Feevi continued speaking by asking Mira about her past, who proceeded to speak back defensively. "Don't you know it's rude to ask a Thief their history?"

A Thief? I didn't know she was that... Ayola thought to herself, slightly suspicious of Mira. But, they did mention being a part of the Travelers, who are accepted by Lady Amalthia herself, so Mira and Feevi and the...others...they referred to should be fine. Right? Ayola continued listening to the two speak to one another with faint amusement, having no desire to join the conversation. The soldiers and merchants were now speaking amongst themselves by now, but Ayola hoped the situation could be resolved as soon as possible.

Tag:

@Throne Trinity @Ensig Character's Mood: Embarrassed/Worried/Meh User's Mood: Moooooo. o-o Location: Eastern Gate Inventory: Same as b4

Lan's eyes widened as the money was shoved into her hand. She hasn't seen this much money...since....ever, really. She could get so many materials with this money! And good jerky...and maybe some honey drops too..

Wait! She had to ration it out...only necessities for now. She looked up to thank Gregor but he was already far into the crowd

"Oh! Thank you so....much" she'd have to thank him later then.

"I should continue with preparations. Would you like to join me, Miss Lan?"

She turned her attention to Eldrich, "Yes! I'd love to! Shopping's always better with more people. Lead the way!"

@Throne Trinity @Ensig

Eldrich Morrow

Equipped
- None

Bag of Holding (Large)

- Whetstones (x15)

- Packs of Lumber (x9)

1,900GP

* = New

With a hearty nod and a metallic shake of his armor, Eldrich looks the stalls in the surroundings once more before beginning to move. His destination was a small stall owned by a small fairyfolk woman, with common-looking bedrolls lined up next to one another. As the people parted slightly as to not be trampled by his clinking armor, he turned his head slightly and spoke to Lan, who he assumed was following behind him.

"So, you mentioned that you wished to hone your craft, Miss Lan." Eldrich paused for a moment, not for effect, but rather to contemplate his next words. Oftentimes, wanderers weren't fond of speaking of the past, and while Lan didn't seem the type to particularly mind, he wouldn't want their relationship to become sour right at the start simply due to his curiosity. As such, it was best to tread carefully.

"The Travelers may not always be in once place, as their name suggests. Is that alright for a Blacksmith such as yourself?"

Usually, Blacksmiths stayed in one spot; forges weren't easily moved, after all. Because of that, rather than the Travelers, Eldrich figured it would be better to find other Blacksmiths to improve her craft... And yet she signed the contract. The pair arrived at the stand after he finished speaking, so he inspected the bedrolls while awaiting Lan's reply.

@Tunioga

no slide
Gregor's Inventory

Gregor:

|Bag of Holding|

-Water skin

- Lute

- Climbing Kit

- Dugeoneer Pack

- Bed Roll

- Blade repair kit

- 5x rations

- 2X Jyn Kebab

- 11X Dragon's Ginger

-Greater healing potion

- Potion of swiftness

- Zyngala's Glaive EQ

Feevi Inventory

Feevi:

|Medium Messenger Bag|

- x5 Thieves Kit

- Water Skin

- Elemental Bestiary

- Bed Roll

- Basic Leather armor EQ

- Coat of Adaptation EQ

- x25 Sleep arrows EQ

- Bowblade EQ

Feevi Hadish
Pursing her lips momentarily, Feevi stared at Mira quizzically. Although she too had been part of a small gang of thieves long ago, they were not typical thieves. More of a group of stultified rich kids looking for a way to challenge themselves and pass the time. The only other experiences she had had with thieves was when she was hunting them down for the Lady Amalthia. So in short, she was not familiar with the supposed etiquette she had just so rudely defied, but regardless, Feevi chuckled slightly. "My apologize Mira, I did not mean to intrude. If you wish not to speak of your past I will respect your boundaries. But..." Still leaning up against the large wall, the Sylph slowly turned her head to face Ayola, an unsettling hungry grin on her face. "...What about you red head? You got a story you want to share?"​

@Ensig @Anaxileah

Gregor Hartway
As Gregor and Erin walked together, keeping conversation all the while and eventually nearing the eastern wall, Gregor caught sight if his comrades. Instantly dropping whatever it was him and and the half elf were talking about, the large armored man began to jog over, waving his hand frantically. He was about to shout to Mira and Feevi, when he noticed that the latter of the girls was starring at a woman he did not recognize. She wore a cloak obscuring most of her features, even to the point where Gregor began to question if it was indeed a woman. The paladin began to slow down until he came to a slow walk.

Coming up next to the group, his armor clanging as it always does, Gregor greeted both of his partners. "Why hello fellow Travelers! Have you all gathered the necessary supplies needed to begin our journey? Are you ready to soak your blades in the blood of adventure!? AHA!" Gregor strikes a dramatic pose, flexing his muscles which is only signaled by the intense shift of his armor. Feevi lets out an audible sigh, a little disappointed that Gregor interrupted before Ayola could get the chance to tell her story. "Yes Gregor we're all ready to go. We've have a new partner by the way, you want to introduce yourself? I don't no how long we'll be traveling together so don't get to attached." Feevi's usual grin returns to her face, hints of that predatory look still there as she eyes Ayola. Gregor doesn't seem to notice this and if he did it's apparent he does not care. Turning to face the alchemist, there is a visible twinkle of joy in Gregor's eye as he falls to one knee and bows his head. Quite grandiose as is the norm with the paladin. "I am Gregor Hartway, Paladin of Zynjala, bringer of justice and thunder, at your service. If you have any need for both monster slaying and tasteful word play I am your man!" Gregor then quickly stands and extends a hand. "And you are..."​

@Void Elemental @Anaxileah @Ensig

Prussia.600.1660264.jpg

ALCIDE ERMENEGILDO DE GASPERI

As Gil left the boy and continued through the Fabulous Bazaar , trying to control his excitement by reciting hymns. He waved to various people and despite not knowing him waved back to the blonde weirdo, not knowing that he would be facing some of the most terrible events they could never imagine for a long while. As he continued to walk through various lanes of traffic, Gil paid attention to the various scam artists, cheapskates and smugglers milling around, bartering with other fellow villians and conversing with other generally bad or gullible people He spotted a particular group of people that struck him as strange he recolonized the paladin as noisy as all hell and the huge tower of walking metal from before but who was the mountain of muscle woman?, he continued onward to the Eastern Gate.

Items
Equipped:

-Stock of blessed/holy items (vials, a single rosary string, herbs, a copy of the Bible, small candles), matches, a rather selective first aid kit, a short knife-saw and a small pack of dried food.

Bag of Holding (Large):

- Katana

- Wakizashi

GP: 2,000

Erin walked side by side with Gregor, talking about random things, so carelessly, which was something he'd not done in quite some time. When they arrived near the eastern gate, Gregor began to jog towards the familiar faces, of their party members. Erin, walked a bit faster paced, but did not follow in his speed. Coming up to the main group once the paladin had introduced himself. Erin stood beside the taller man, and gave his new comrade, and his older allies a friendly smile, and a wave, but said nothing as he expected the red haired girl to introduce herself to them.

"So, you mentioned that you wished to hone your craft, Miss Lan."

"Hmmm," Lan hummed in agreement as she trailed behind the armor, a cautious smile on her face.

"The Travelers may not always be in once place, as their name suggests. Is that alright for a Blacksmith such as yourself?"

Lan's smile grew wider, expression a little unreadable

"You're very keen Eldrich. I know it's not really common for us to go out, but I guess I'm a little different from other blacksmiths." She pulled her arms up into the air, stretching them as they walked up to the stand.

"Besides, what better place to observe the properties of metal than when they are in use?" she nodded towards his plates. As she saw him inspecting bedrolls, she lifted her eyebrows inquisitively "Do you sleep normally in your armor like everyone else too?"

@Ensig

Eldrich Morrow

Equipped
- None

Bag of Holding (Large)

- Whetstones (x15)

- Bedroll (x3)*

- Packs of Lumber (x9)

1,900GP→1,885GP

* = New

Eldrich looked towards his new companion for a moment before nodding contently towards her answer. Blacksmiths each had their own way of going about their craft, so it was possible that Lan was the kind of Blacksmith who could work no matter the place. Perhaps she had a portable furnace within a bag of holding, or... Maybe she used flame spirits to make an artificial forge, for example.

Turning his attention back to the bedrolls, Eldrich picked up three of the more well-made ones among the bunch and purchased them for 5GP each before Lan spoke once again.

"Do you sleep normally in your armor like everyone else too?"

To those words, Elcrich stopped moving as though he was turned to stone. His large frame remained silent for a moment as he did so. Slowly, he brought one of his gauntlets forward and looked into the metal with a hint of melancholy. That behavior only lasted for a moment, however, and her quickly stood up to his full height while giving a dry laugh while returning his arm to his side, placing the three bedrolls within his Bag of Holding as he did so.

"You could say that, Miss Lan."

With a hint of sadness in his voice, Eldrich turned his head back to stalls to search for a place that sold Rations. He found one quickly, but stayed in place to allow Lan to purchase a bedroll for herself -- if she didn't have one already, that is.

@Tunioga

Users who are viewing this thread

Back