d46a069344ebcc93cb39b1ddf0d37176-jpg.298715
HP: 4
CCA: 5
SSE: 15
ATK: 5
DEF: 1
EVA: 2

Str lvl 3 | Arte lvl 1 | Spd lvl 2 | Jmp lvl 2

"I have not earned your trust as a leader, and you all have not earned my respect. The chain of command puts those aside so that we can work together. "

Well at least she was being candid about the fact that she was still wet behind the ears when it came to their rag-tag group. A patchwork of the oddest sods this side of North. The rest of the meeting went off in a much more formal manner with the majority agreeing to undergo the voyage and peril that was surely to follow. Having packed his goods, a change of warmer clothing he begged off a merc for the promise of some nick-knack from the battle they'd go to claim as his own. Nothing like a souvenir from a battle you claimed to have been in to get the taps flowing with drinks.

No sooner had they all done with all their preparation were they put on the docks and waiting by a boat. The waters weren't choppy but the proximity of the larger vessel to the dock always made Avar a bit uneasy. He'd seen a man slip into the gap between pier and boat once. The man was fine from the fall alone, albeit dazed and drenched. But when the boat lurched toward the peer they heard a sickening ... Squelch! ... and all that remained was a human shape stain on the large wooden pegs that held the floor boards in place.

Unconsciously he backed up until he heard his name being called out.

" ...endergast, you are our scouts, Front Left and Right. Finally ..." he managed to verify his duty but not his partner so he decided to step aside and ask the man next to him in a low voice.

"Oi. Who's the bloke I've been assigned to scout with?"

"Some tosser named Varelle." the gruff looking man said a bit too loudly for his tastes but he thanked the man and shimmied over back to his spot.

"...currently disguised as a merchant transport ship. I don't want prying eyes wandering aboard, so you'll all have to load it yourselves. " she said by the time he got back to his spot and realized all the barrels, crates and materials were meant to be hauled by them.

"Question, Ma'am! Then shouldn't we have been wearing sailor gear rather than ... well..." pointing at his armor and weapons. His groups armor and weapons. Her armor and weapons. Then once more to his armor and weapons.

"Beggin yer pardon, of course. But I didn't pack more than one change of clothes and I doubt that being fluffed up in woolly garments would make me come off as any less of a target. No matter how cuddly it made me look." he said holding up bag he'd slung across his shoulder with a coat, pants and rations.

CLEAR

Mention - Reinhardt Reinhardt
Conversation - Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser

Last edited:
Leira Laramy

================================================================
Where: norhad swords hq
When: eclasen 20
Who: Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser Tardy Grade Tardy Grade

==================================================================
fXHC54g2.jpg

HP: 7
SE: 40
CCA: 18

" ... yes Captain.. I will remember that next time." she said. she wondered if this Seles was having a bad day. If she was, grifyn was definitely not helping out one bit. ..........ughhhh doesnt he realize that his attitude will give all of us hell.... she wondered. Seles answered a few of the teams questions and then she told everyone what their jobs would be as a team.

...field medic.... looks like my animal care will have to be of some use to the new team.... dont think that these guys would much prefer andal saliva to heal open wounds..... well according to the setup it seems i will be well protected between everyone... makes sense if the doctor dies, everyone is dead meat in the long run.... but still... a long term assignment is not something I wanted.....

Leira didnt know much about the new Captain. but her words were very direct almost like a threat. she really didnt want to leave the norhad swords, but these missions were getting more and more dangerous. She kept thinking about her sick father and how the extra income from her semi-mercenary work has helped a little bit. .....I must be out of my mind to join, but it would be nice to see the war end....

She took her packed bags and passed a man, who went by the name of Avar. just after setting her things down on the first deck, she came back out to a few of the group talking to the captain. " Hi avar. nice to see you again. glad we can team up for this. Tell me what you think about the new captain?"

seles klarth.jpg
Field Captain Seles Klarth
Norhad Swords Headquarters, Milestone Fortress

Eclasen 20th 997 C.Y.A.D. 1 pm
Health Points 20/20

Spirit Energy 50/50

Character Combat Actions: 20/20

As soon as Captain Klarth had finished her explanation, Avar eagerly posed a question regarding sailors uniforms to which she thought was 'unintelligent' and would not answer it. But he then added that he did not pack away as much as he seemed to need. Glancing in his direction she realized exactly how little the man had, and few others as well. " Mr. Pendergast, there is no need to worry about supplies such as weapons, armor, maintenance gear, camping gear or even food. Commander Genzah has provided all those things, and they are inside the crates and barrels I asked you to move inside the ship." she explained in a rather annoyed tone.

" As for your clothing, your quarters, thought shared, can hold a bit more than what you are carrying. The Cargo ship will be our mobile headquarters. " The vessel looked like a modified Adanque Cargo Courrier, a class size larger than the Scout Ships but smaller than the Dakara Destroyer Defiance. She looked around and tried to get everyone's attention. " If anyone has anything they need to bring that may have been forgotten now is your time to get it. It will be at least 3 months before we return to Milestone Fortress." She walked passed Leira who just finished stowing her belongings onboard.

She inspected the cargo and the condition of the ship and arrived to Grifyn Varelle's position. In her opinion the young man did not deserve this commission to join the Vanguard. However she was already in sore straights with the Commander over her recent actions. Going against his judgement this early would provoke an undesirable response. She had no choice but to accept him in. " Mr. Varelle. " she spoke calling his attention. " I hope you are up to the task. "

TAG: Tardy Grade Tardy Grade = Andromeda Arc Andromeda Arc = Reinhardt Reinhardt

header.png
Grifyn Varelle
Docks, Norhad Swords Headquarters
Morning, Eclasen 20th 997 C.Y.A.D.
As expected, Grifyn got nothing but negative feedback. The ones whom he had teamed up with before were quite disturbed with his attitude towards the new captain, and the others simply saw it as his ill upbringing. The captain simply saw it as him begin a flirty bastard unfit for any proper attention.

Grifyn, on the other hand, did not seem to care. In fact, he even planned to continue with this flirty persona for the entirety of the mission. Of course, that is bound to change, but still.

Things moved on, and now they were near the assigned ship. As Seles had said, it is disguised as a merchant ship, and cargo will have to be brought upon by themselves. Avar asked something, which was quickly answered by the stiff captain, who then asked if Grifyn was up for the task.

The young man smirked, and gestured a knightly bow. "Of course. As long as you're with me, baaa~bbeeeeyyyy.", he said, before turning around and heading to the ship, bringing along with him a crate filled with the guild's issued items.

Avar Pendergast

" Hi avar. nice to see you again. glad we can team up for this. Tell me what you think about the new captain?"

Avar straightened his back and wiped the sweat of his brow. Feeling it unfair that he packed so light and had to haul all this gear onto the ship on the pretense of subterfuge. He lightly kicked at the barrel in front of him that spun as it set to correct it's momentum.

"Aye. The 'captain'. Well ... she's a smart one by the looks of it, can't deny that."

"Book smart though. Like a worm. Knows every inch of the page, every word. But will never get to enjoy viewing the big picture. Her view is to narrow. Biased. Though ... I think that applies to us all.
" He grunted while bringing another barrel next to one he'd just kicked. His eyes met Leira's.

"What about you? Haven't seen you in a good while. Life treating ya well?" he asked before doing a few stretches and carrying both barrels onto his shoulders and arms. He waited for her to finish her reply before politely making a run for the ship.

"Upsy-daisy now! Gang way on the gang plank!" he told the others as he walked up the wooden plank in a hurry and red faced in focus and exertion. Placing it down more gently than he'd prefer before resting onto the two in mock-exhaustion.

"6 down. 20 to go." he wheezed.

CLEAR

Mention - Andromeda Arc Andromeda Arc

seles klarth.jpg
TIMESKIP IN EFFECT
from
Norhad Swords Headquarters, Milestone Fortress

Eclasen 20th 997 C.Y.A.D. 1 pm
to
Kensington Coastline
Eclasen 20th 997 C.Y.A.D. 9 pm
Health Points 20/20

Spirit Energy 50/50

• Captain Klarth's Cargo ship was fully supplied and stocked with items and foodstuffs that would last several weeks even a few months. Once the mercenaries were boarded, she along with her minimal crew compliment pulled the anchors aboard and energized the Levistone crystal. As the spirit energy particles from the stone vented into the hollow framework, the ship itself began to ascend. Slowly the ship pulled away from the Fortress and one could notice that Commander Genzah was the only one present to witness its departure. A few dozen meters in the sky the vessels sails were pulled wide open to catch the wind and take them Northward.

Once things were settled and the ship was in a comfortable cruise speed, Seles asked her team to meet in the meeting room located near the stern. Once there, she explained the itinerary to everyone. First off, they would be arriving at The First Outpost, near Oxfam Ridge to resupply the contingent of militia found there. By the time they arrived, it would be late at night so they would bunker down there until daybreak. They would then resume their heading North until they arrived at the Contested Region of Welwyn Kingdom. She added that further instructions would be explained once there.

In the early evening, the ship ran into some wind turbulence which forced the crew to maneuver and slow down in order not to get sideswiped from strong winds. As the sun went down, the crew did not notice that a few dozens meters below was a mercenary scout ship. Most scout ships were not capable of reaching the same heights as cruiser class and higher ships. However, the mercenary vessel launched 3 harpoon cannons to pierce the underside and began pulling it down while it ascended a little further. " All hands we are being boarded, prepare to repel boarders! I repeat, Repel Boarders!" Seles yelled. The enemies strength numbered around 20 mercenary pirates.

TAG: Tardy Grade Tardy Grade = Andromeda Arc Andromeda Arc = Proletariat Proletariat = Reinhardt Reinhardt = Jack Rakan Jack Rakan = MsPolite MsPolite

ENGAGEMENT SCENARIO

• Date: Eclasen 21st 997 C.Y.A.D. 9 pm.

UPDATED

Last edited:
Leira Laramy

Where: cargo ship
Who:

fXHC54g2.jpg

SE: 31

leira lay in the bed inside her quarters. there was another bed there but she thought it better the guys bunk together. maybe later on another female member would join and they could share the room. she assumed that the Captain Seles had the largest room and all to herself, she was the leader after all. Apparently they still had a ways to travel before stopping to rest, but the day was almost up and nighttime would roll around. She wasnt really tired, more restless probably because of this new mission she got herself into. Looking back from her first time, she came a long way with her experiences and a little combat training. She could defend herself well and use her magicks to bust up the enemy.

Leira got up to look at herself in the small vanity in the room. She took a clean cloth to wipe her face a little and then heard the Captains voice yelling that pirates were coming onboard. ..... damn just what i need..... she really would rather get her beauty sleep than wrestle these pirates. she grabbed a bag and took out a piece of armor that covered the whole right arm, the forearm had an extended guard and also was thicker metals than usual, great for blocking swords and axe swings. That and a small personal shield was all the armor she had time to put on before heading upstairs to the main deck to fight off the pirates.

As she opened the door, she saw a pirate hack at her face. Leira blocked it with ease. The pirate tried a few more times and leira luckily dodged with speed or just blocked. After pushing away the final blow she twirled around till she was on 1 knee and blasted lightning at the man and striking a guy behind him too. she could hear some noise behind her and saw some climbing the side. using her fingers she blasted them as well until they fell to the deck. she wondered where everyone else was. " Is anyone out there? I need help. " leira could see more coming from the ropes, and the ones she hit with lightning were not down for the count just yet.
combat
npc1 attacks leira 1/1/3/4
Leira defends npc1 2/4/6/3/3

npc1 - arte 2 = 2hp
npc2 - arte 2 = 2hp
npc3 - arte 2 = 2hp
npc4 - arte 2 = 2hp

Avar Pendergast

Avar slung himself in a make shift hammock. Using the old fishing net and jute bags that were strewn below deck for one last 'hoorah'. It rocked and hung in the direction of the waves slowly lulling him to to sleep. Having the storm strike them so early into their journey was annoying but it made the sailors decide to work on the side of caution. Slowing down until the storm waded and even then maintain a somewhat leisurely pace. He'd been called to help with the lines on deck when the weather had taken a toll for the worse and had earned his break.

The gentle waves lapping against the wooden hull as the ship rode every subsequent crest. The timber supports yawning with lack of effort at the minor strain they had to endure in the tranquil waters. He had to say, despite all his previous complaints this voyage had proved itself to be far more enjoyable than h-

...Vz z z zzt!!! Krrkk!

Like the sound of a hastily drawn blade from a resisting scabbard, metal hooks stabbed through the lazy wood and made their presence known before they were pulled taut. Flipping in an awkward manner out of the hammock he grabbed his leather armor and began dressing while cursing. He could hear the shouting above and knew that they were being attacked by someone or something. His shoes proved particularly loathsome as they refused to fit his feet causing him to abandon the lost cause and get his knives instead.

He slammed on the doors on route to the stairs that led to the deck to alert any of the crew that hadn't somehow heard or felt the jarring motion of the ship at the added force acting on it. As he got up he noted that it was almost dark-out and had to stymie a slew of sea-related swears that any sea-faring man or woman proud!

"Is anyone out there? I need help."

Avar heard a familiar sound of lightning by an even more familiar cry for help. Running bare footed to the source of the sound he saw Leira looking over the edge at a line with more pirates coming across and a few sprawling beside her that were slowly re-collecting their bearings.

"Coming through!" Avar swung at the man in front of him a grand total of three times before raising his blades to defend from the returning swipe of attacks. Clearly no slouch, they were highly efficient in using the ship to their advantage while he had to correct his stance each time the waves jarred the ship. The man matched Avar blow for blow.

"Shit! I can keep him busy but it's going to take time!" he shouted back at her over the shouting of the assailants and the waves crashing between both ships. "We're gonna need everyone up here. Now!"

Combat

Attack
Avar attacks NPC 1 (3/4/3)
NPC 1 defends from Avar (6/3/3/5)
(No hits)
--------------------------
NPC 1 health = 6/8

Defend
NPC 1 attacks Avar (2/5/4/2)
Avar defends NPC (6/6)
(No hits)
-------------------------
Avar health = 4/4

CLEAR

Mention - Andromeda Arc Andromeda Arc

header.png

Grifyn Varelle
SE: 23
CCA: 10
ATK: 7
DEF: 5
DEF(SE): 1
EVA: 6
EVA(SE): 2
Arte 1 - Ready
Arte 2 - Ready
Arte 3 - Ready
Arte 4 - Ready
Cargo Ship, Kensington Coast
Night, Eclasen 21st, 997 CYAD - 9 PM

Expecting the rest of the ride to be as smooth as his way with women, Grifyn decided to laze off at the ship's chambers, wasting his time by either trying to get the captain to talk with him in a rather mocking and annoying manner, or simply exploring the very ship for certain reasons. In his idle and seemingly wasted time, he was rejected by the captain several times, to the point that he had been confined to a room in isolation, in hopes that this persona of his would change for the better. Unfortunately, Grifyn had no plans to do that, in fact, he even wanted to see what would happen if the situation had worsened.

And just like that, his ill thought came true. The ship began to be boarded by mercenary-pirates, for some apparent reason. Well, a lone merchant ship travelling in the middle of this gods-forsaken world was bound to be attacked by some random brigand group, after all. Still in the room, Grifyn decided to wait things out a bit. As the battle up the ship's deck stirred, the bastard idled around in his room, despite it not being locked. Until he heard slamming and loud footsteps echo from the halls, and a familiar voice asking for help.

The blond sighed. "I guess it's time to save the day yet again."

Grifyn kicked the door open, and rushed up to the deck. What welcomed him was a messy sight - pirates were slowly swarming the ship, there were but little forces around to repel these lowly scum, and those there were pretty much outnumbered. Heck, even Avar couldn't knock down a simple man in his reach.

He jumped atop a crate, and shouted. "And here comes the hero!"

He hopped from his location and landed onto a pirate, knocking him down. Grifyn immediately struck his head with a quick jab, then slammed his fist to both of the man's arms, essentially rendering them useless and numb. He smirked and winked at the now unconscious pirate. "Sorry, can't get my hands stained with blood today. I have to impress some people, after all.", he whispered to this unconscious man.

Grifyn, then, stood up, and rushed to the next pirate, and attacked him with a swift blow to the nape, and then grabbing him by the head and slamming it to the ground. Yet another unconscious and useless one. The bastard seems to be redeeming his bad points through this trial.

After dealing with the two pirates, he walked towards Leira and Avar, who seem to be occupied as well. Of course, being the hero that he says to be, Grifyn struck down these two pirates with style - engulfing himself in flames and striking both of them with a powerful and blazing uppercut, knocking both pirates to the sky. They eventually came down, with a powerful thud and impact that most likely broke their bones for good, essentially rendering them useless, much like their comrades over there in Grifyn's pile of unconscious brigands.

Now, with the coast slightly clearer than before, he turned to the two.

"Don't worry.", he said, then flexed his right arm and pointed towards himself. "For I am here!"

Dice Log:

ATK Rolls: 1, 1, 5, 3, 1, 4, 4
Four successful.
Targets: Pirates 2 and 3.
Dealt 2 HP damage to both targets.​

Blazing Advance
Arte successful.
Targets: Pirates 1 and 4.
Dealt 3 HP damage to both targets.​

10 Total CCA consumed, 7 ATK dice consumed, 6 SE consumed.

0 CCA left. 0 ATK die, 5 DEF die, 1 DEF (SE) die, 6 EVA dice, 2 EVA (SE) dice remaining.
17 SE remaining.

4 PIRATES DEFEATED.​

Donar(link for profile later)
Cargo ship
Eclasen 20th 997 C.Y.A.D.

Stats: over 9000(will put on at bottom of post)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they got ready to leave, he thought to himself about the information seles gave him. Sure, it's been a long time but it's not that he was not privy to what was going on. His Master has people in that region and that one sends reports all the time. think he was someone whos been there for a while.

He figured he knew who it was but the information was that it was just as bloody and horrible as it was back then.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"And now I am returning to the lines in this way huh?" he said to himself interrupting his thoughts. He hid himself away with some of the other men instead of his own little shindig
As he stood from his spot and left the area, on the open deck he witnessed the pirates boarding. Donar quickly made his way the other direction with two of them seeing and chasing after him.

Donar prided himself being one of the fastest people in the Nohrad swords and while these pirates were fast, he was faster. he moved around a corner drawing his sword and turning around, before the two even got to try attacking him Donar activated one of his high level artes, his sword was enveloped in lighting and just as they rounded the corner, he unleashed his attack creating a lighting bolt hitting the both of them. As he sheathed his sword they eventually fell having the best shock therapy they will ever have in their lifetimes and they crumpled to the ground twitch. they were of course alive still since he held back.

"time for some gorilla tactics..." he said to himself before sneaking away as another pirate showed up looking aghast at the spectacle but not before the others on this ship found him and donar could heard yelling and screaming. "Next.."

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Stats:
HP: 8
SE: 52
CCA: 15
ATK: 6
DEF: 3
DEFSE: 1
EVA: 4
EVASE: 2

---------------------------------

Arte level 4 used: 16 SE(rank succession in effect) 12 CCA, Damage is Arte level times 4 16 Damage

Two NPC's take full damage both HP reaching -7 both KO with strange expressions and twitching.

Current Stats:
HP: 8
SE: 36
CCA: 3
ATK: 6
DEF: 3
DEFSE: 1
EVA: 4
EVASE: 2

End of Turn

Leira Laramy

Who: Jack Rakan Jack Rakan Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser Reinhardt Reinhardt Tardy Grade Tardy Grade Proletariat Proletariat

fXHC54g2.jpg

SE: 17

the ship was falling as the pirates continued to board. could see many of them coming from the front of the ship. Leira's cry for help went without an answer for a bit, but to her that few seconds was just about forever. Even with the power of magic at her fingertips she knew in her mind she didnt have enough power against the numbers invading the ship. It was then she heard her friend Avar fending off someone behind her. Feeling relieved someone came by, she got distracted and let her guard down as a pirate pushed her to the ground but she supported her fall with her right forearm. She kicked that loser pirate in the shins with her heavy boots to get away. The man had a bigger sword than the others, but it was easier to block with her arm armor. Leira waited until he missed and made her move. " thats...no ....way....to....treat a lady! " BAM, the pirate got the wind knocked out of him with a burning punch from leira's armored fist. while the pirate was down, leira made her way closer to Avar.

oh crap!.......

leira spotted another person going to help their pirate buddy against Avar. The big burly man towered over her and had more experience in fighting than she did, but the person he engaged was equalling him, she would be no match for them in hand to hand. Leira waited till the other got closer before zapping them with the magic of Shock Pulse. Avar's guy was down and the other fall back down the stairs. She rushed to his side.
...... strength in numbers.... she thought back to her training.
" Hey, old man. " she joked, he did look like one with that full on beard and all. " Did you order these pirates? " she thought some humor and laughs would calm her down, but the shaking sounds of her armor didnt lie. " Th-thanks for coming... BUT WHERE IS EVERYONE ELSE?! " just then Grifyn made a grand entrance, only to pick off the pirates leira had wasted with her magic. His laziness annoyed her, but she didnt have the heart to finish them off so she didnt say anything.

To Avar " do you think Grifyn takes anything seriously. " she asked quietly. " Hey Grifyn.." her eyes looked around to see if anyone else was there.
.... not that I'm not glad these guys are with me, but I cant help but feel safer if the lieutenant of Captain come by... or even mr. armor himself Archus... I could just hide behind him and shock the hell outta pirates.....

" Um... what should we do guys?"

........ damnit no! I'm supposed to be an officer... telling them what to do....

" Um......... maybe we should cut loose the ropes and rope ladders "

combat
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

npc1 - arte 2 = 2hp
npc2 - arte 2 = 2hp
npc3 - arte 2 = 2hp
npc4 - arte 2 = 2hp
---------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-principle-journey-dice-log-thread.352406/#post-8169062

npc5 attacks leira 1/4/1/3
leira defends npc 5 6/1/3/5/1

npc5 - arte 1 = 5hp
Avar NPC - arte 2 = 0hp
npc6 - arte 2 = 2hp

TAG: Tardy Grade Tardy Grade = Andromeda Arc Andromeda Arc = Proletariat Proletariat = Reinhardt Reinhardt = Jack Rakan Jack Rakan = MsPolite MsPolite

ENGAGEMENT SCENARIO

• Date: Eclasen 21st 997 C.Y.A.D. 9 pm.

• While the Cargo ship crew were combating their mercenary pirate counterparts, the scoutship shot another harpoon into hull this time hitting a critical area. Captain Seles could tell it was becoming difficult to keep the ship afloat at its current height. The harpoon had hit a pipeway of spirit particles, the energy produced by the levistone that levitates all airships. Particles were spewing from the ventral port side of the ship. With the scoutship finally higher than their prey, pirates would be able to slide down the ropes instead of climb them, inevitable speeding up the takeover.

Last edited:
Avar Pendergast

"Don't worry. For I am here!"
Avar turned to see Grif running amok through the numbers of the pirates without a care in the world. His devil-may-care attitude a welcome sight for raising morale among the people on board.

"I'll stop worrying when these sea-breathers are dead!" he said while scanning the battle.

Donar and Leira had their hands full too it seemed so he decided to focus on the stragglers.

"Do you think Grifyn takes anything seriously? " he heard her say when he drew in close to assist her.

"Nope. Aside from the confessions of young maidens that is."

Avar noticed the arrival of back up and took it well. Though from the sound of the combat breaking out over the ship it was a much bigger assault team than he'd previously estimated. The shaking of the ropes on the sides of the ship caused him to look into the distance below to find more pirates on their way up. Scanning the fighters remaining he decided to down one of them before continuing. In a mad dash, he foregoes defence to slay the enemy first.

The pirate was already injured and did not think anyone would be rash enough to leave themselves open to attack while ploughing forward. Clearly, he'd never met someone quite like Avar before.

"Donar! Grif! Can you either of your start cutting those ropes? I'll try and pick off the stragglers!"

Combat

Attack
Avar attacks NPC 1 (3/3/2/5/1)
NPC 1 defends from Avar (2/1/1/4)
(2 hits and NPC DOWN)
--------------------------
NPC 6, health = 0/8

Defend
(Not required)

CLEAR

Andromeda Arc Andromeda Arc Jack Rakan Jack Rakan Reinhardt Reinhardt
Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser

Last edited:
Leira Laramy

Who: Jack Rakan Jack Rakan Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser Reinhardt Reinhardt Tardy Grade Tardy Grade Proletariat Proletariat

fXHC54g2.jpg

SE: 5

After trying to get someone to destroy the ropes that the pirates were using to get on the ship, he knocked out a straggler from their early fight. he charged straight at him like a massive unstoppable train and took him out. it was mighty impressive but also reckless. but maybe a little reckless was what they needed in this desparate situation. " I'll help you too then we can all start breaking free from these stupid sky bandits " she saw 2 pirates trying to stablize the ropes, but when they saw her they ran towards her maybe they thought she was easy target. boy they would be wrong. it seemed everyone was trying their hardest but she was knew she was holding back. was it a weakness that she was so soft?

...........I dont have much left.... but I have enough for you guys.....

rather than blast them with lightning like she did before, she used a stronger magick, one that saved her before, one that was not soft at all. " Wrong move meatheads!" she pushed her hand forward and summoned dozens of leaf shaped energy projectiles and laid waste to the pirates. Now that they were out of the picture they needed to get the ropes off the ship. leira did not have any weapons or cutting tools, so she just tugged away trying to pull the harpoon loose.

.............damnit I knew I should have brought a damn weapon.........

combat

npc1 - arte 2 = 2hp
npc2 - arte 2 = 2hp
npc3 - arte 2 = 2hp
npc4 - arte 2 = 2hp
---------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-principle-journey-dice-log-thread.352406/#post-8169062

npc5 attacks leira 1/4/1/3
leira defends npc 5 6/1/3/5/1

npc5 - arte 1 = 5hp
Avar NPC - arte 2 = 0hp
npc6 - arte 2 = 2hp

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-principle-journey-dice-log-thread.352406/#post-8187074

npc9 and npc10 attacks leira 5/5/1/6 and 2/2/1/5
leira attacks with atk arte level 3 9hp damage -12se

npc9 = 0hp
npc10 = 0hp

leira atk dice = 5/5/3
rope 7/10 hp

seles klarth.jpg
Kensington Coastline
Eclasen 20th 997 C.Y.A.D. 9 pm
Health Points 20/20

Spirit Energy 38/50

• As soon as the intruders made their way onboard, Seles' hand-picked mercenary contingent made quick work of the first wave. However with only a small group including a minimal crew compliment to run the cargo ship, it would be a matter of time before they were overrun or in need of a critical descent and possibly crash. " You and you! Patch up that breach! Close off the particle tunnels on the parallel side to level off the ship. " she yelled to her engineer and another crewman. " I'm going to help those lazybones clean up the mess spilled on my damn decks. No way am I letting a group of rejects and lowlifes take this crew for prisoners of worse." Seles directed the navigator to take control of the helm and instructed that once all the harpoons had been cutoff to increase to maximum speed with full impellers and SE sails.

She came out of the helm room and onto the main deck, and saw the group repelling the pirates. She noticed the bodies littered around the deck. The Captain drew her sword and pointed towards the pirates on the rope. Shards of hail began to materialize from the blade and were shot towards the rope, then she slung her sword at the harpoon embedded into the side destroying the access rope for the pirates who fell to their death several dozen meters below. " Get these damn things off the hull now!"

TAG:
Jack Rakan Jack Rakan
Andromeda Arc Andromeda Arc
Tardy Grade Tardy Grade
Proletariat Proletariat
Reinhardt Reinhardt

Last edited:
header.png

Grifyn Varelle
SE: 17
Arte 1 - Ready
Arte 2 - Ready
Arte 3 - Ready
Arte 4 - Ready
Cargo Ship, Kensington Coast
Night, Eclasen 21st, 997 CYAD - 9 PM

The chaotic fight continues to wreak havoc upon the ship, and the captain has finally decided to act. The crew begin to enact her orders, as she prioritizes breaking the links that bind the ship from their enemies' vessel.

Hoping that it would impress the captain, he rushed to the rope that Leira has attempted to unbind from the ship, and repeatedly worked his magic onto it. Unfortunately, the anchor of the rope was firmly etched into the ship's husk, and would require more effort. Grifyn stomped it over and over again, but to no avail.

"Why is this thing so hard to get off? What the hell is this made of?!, he muttered to himself.

Dice Log:

ATK Rolls: 5, 5, 1, 6, 2, 6, 3
Five successful.
Targets: Rope #2
Dealt 5 HP damage to said target.​

10 Total CCA consumed, 7 ATK dice consumed,

3 CCA left. 0 ATK die, 5 DEF die, 1 DEF (SE) die, 6 EVA dice, 2 EVA (SE) dice remaining.

ROPE #2 NOW HAS 2 HP LEFT.

Book 1
Chapter 2
Verse 2
7e8adc1536d33da2948ea62bc06df0c8.jpg
Title: The Blood Wars Underworld
Date: Eclasen 21st 997 C.Y.A.D. 8 am
" The Continental Railroad was an ambitious project that aimed to connect the outer rim of the Continent of Altairea. "
- Jean-Septie Bombardier, Head Engineer Project H.A.L.O. ( Hub Altairea Locomotive Operation )

The Captain Seles' small band of mercenaries easily overpowered the pirate invasion force that outnumbered 3 to 1. After cutting loose all the harpoon ropes, the Captain rained a flurry of hailstones that shredded the pirate ships sails and SE turbines. Holes and fractures on the weak wooden hull exposed breaches in the spirit particle network expediting its already rapid descent. As they were so close to the coast, the ship grazed the cliff side and continued to free fall towards the ocean. Any survivors were unlikely. The pirate band showing up as it did signaled to the Captain and her crew they were now well within the contested borders.

Seles told everyone to get some rest for now and let her navigation team lead the cargo ship to its designated drop-off location. Normally, flying in the dark would be inadvisable for several reasons, none the least were natural obstacles. However the navigator and ships crew were familiar with making runs in the dark particularly in this area. Even Captain Seles would retire from the days events leaving the flight in the hands of the capable individuals. She explained to everyone before going to bed, that at first light they would arrive at the location and that everything would have to be loaded into the Caravan.

A few clouds over the horizon delayed the light of the sun a few moments longer. The ships crew already began descent into an unmarked place on any map. Before commanding everyone to load their gear into the Caravan she explained the first leg of their journey.

" We can no longer use the airship as it is more likely to be shot down with unmarked colors rather than a random caravan. The Airship will remain further south in case we ever need to leave the region in a hurry they can come meet us halfway somewhere in the area. We will take the Caravan into the local towns and maybe even hitch a ride on the old Continental Railroad. Our main goal is to gather information on the following 3 items. The whereabouts of the Dr. Bachus Brahms and Nobleman Marvin Deunalf prominent members of the A.S.A.R.M. organization. Next any information regarding the so-called Mistress of the Starless Sky, who attacked the fortress and nearly killed our Commander. Finally ascertain if the Holyland Alliance has been secretly siding with any kingdom during course of the last 100 years regarding the War."

Once all was said and done, the ship lifted into the air and small band began their walk into the perilous land.
Jack Rakan Jack Rakan
Reinhardt Reinhardt
Tardy Grade Tardy Grade
MsPolite MsPolite

header.png

Grifyn Varelle
Arte 1 - Ready
Arte 2 - Ready
Arte 3 - Ready
Arte 4 - Ready
Contested Region, Welwyn Kingdom
Morning, Eclasen 22nd, 997 CYAD - 8 AM

Things eventually went well, but their ship was damaged, and it was, by no means, in condition to continue flying. It was a wise decision to land the ship and let the crew work on it on a secure location. To Grifryn it was somewhat comforting that Seles isn't a tactical imbecile like Sarah, the government liaison. Upon landing, the captain, Seles, gathered everyone to brief them on their task. The next words that Grifyn heard triggered something in him - familiarity and curiosity. Somewhere within those few statements was something Grifyn had heard before, something that could help him in his goal.

What was it again? It took him a short moment to remember.

It was a name. Specifically, the name of his father's close friend.

Marvin Deunalf.

Grifyn didn't know the he was a noble. In fact, all he thought was that he was a rich friend of his father's who frequently visited them. Until the dark days of their peaceful family life came. Surprised with the sudden information, and the possibility of this man knowing the secrets his father hid, the bastard of a hero had spoken.

"My dear Seles.", he said, with a smile. Yet again he tries to charm they stoic captain. "What in the world is this A.S.A.R.M. and why must we look for these people?"

seles klarth.jpg
Kingdom of Welwyn Contested Region
Eclasen 21st 997 C.Y.A.D. 8 am
Health Points 20/20

Spirit Energy 38/50

• The group traversed the countryside following no known path for a while. The two beastly Papaopamus were pulling the Caravan along at a comfortable pace. As soon as the airship had left, she asked everyone to board the caravan so they can leave quickly. Only after departing would the group find time to pick and choose their sleeping arrangements and storage spaces. A journeyman edition Caravan could sleep 6 people, has 6 ruggadized wheels for all-terrain, several internal and external lighting fixtures, plenty of storage and a kitchenette complete with iron oven and stove.

Captain Seles was steering the work beasts as she sat in the drivers bench. She was suddenly approached by Grifyn who inquired about one of the points of interests she mentioned they were concerned about. " Mr. Varelle, we are not on a first name basis. " she explained. " The next time you address me like one of your cheap floozy's, you'll be volunteering to do the night watch for 10 days." she threatened with her smiling face. If the young man was making any impressions it certainly was not a good one. His attitude may win the whims of a few morally questionable women, but to her, it only showed how alike he was to her captors a few years back. Men who had violated their prisoners, giving them humiliation instead of death.

" All right then. " she began. " A.S.A.R.M. or the Alchemic Spirit Arte Researchers for Medicine was founded by the Holyland Alliance Religion. War creates scars and wounds both physical and mental,. A.S.A.R.M. basically develops artes for the use of healing something that was greatly needed because of this stupid War. " she placed the reins on the holding bar and pulled out 2 Mirimages and gave it to him to look at. " These two men we are looking for, they were working on a cure for a sickness that turns humans carnal. There is reason to believe that they were kidnapped, not only to undermine the Cure, but to weaponize the sickness. "

OOC NOTE: A caravan
    Caravan2.jpg

TAG:
Reinhardt Reinhardt
Jack Rakan Jack Rakan
Proletariat Proletariat
Tardy Grade Tardy Grade

Donar(link for profile later)
Contested Region
Eclasen 21st 997 C.Y.A.D.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After hearing of the mission, and what the possibility was, Donar shook his head while seemingly disgusted with the air here. "As if this gods forsaken land needs more issues to deal with..." looked at the faces of the men they were looking for. Trying to find them here would be like finding a sand pebble in a forest.

"And as usual the smell of blood fills the air here....." Unfavorable memories started to show their heads, when the talk of a illness that turns people carnal, he is reminded of a mission to a village that was way farther west then they were. "So, what would these guys want with weaponizing a cure for madness? That would only just turn against them unless they had a way to control it."

TAG:
Reinhardt Reinhardt

Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser
Proletariat Proletariat
Tardy Grade Tardy Grade

note: Donar changed outfits and looks more like a Ranger instead of the usual appearance.

Last edited:
Leira Laramy

Where: warzone
When: eclasen 21
Who: Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser + Reinhardt Reinhardt + Proletariat Proletariat + Jack Rakan Jack Rakan +

fXHC54g2.jpg

SE: 47

leira was more than relieve to see that the captain showed up and did away with the pirates. she made it look like it was as easy as sweeping the deck, of course with all the battle skills she gained being in the warzone its no wonder she could handle a situation like this so easily. It wasnt enough for her to let the poor pirates fall to their deaths, seles had to obliterate the ship they were on too. maybe so they wouldnt be attacking innocent ships anymore. whatever the reason Leira was glad she was on their side. ... note to self, never make the captain angry...

The girl felt a lot better riding in a caravan with her papaopamus friends pulling them than in the skies. They seemed to always get attacked in a ship. Maybe better luck would be with them on the ground. The caravan was a great, it had its own mini kitchen to boot, but that also meant the journey in this warzone would take days if not weeks. ..... dammit I should have said no.... too late now.... might as well stick it out until the end of this mission then leave.... should be ok............

The mission was one of information gathering. Dealing with the Church could lead to a bad end, not as bad as if they found that monster woman who beat up commander antarah. if anything the ASARM kidnappings sounded easier and less trouble. " its makes people carnal.... so... what they eat other people? " ...............no stupid that CANNIBAL .............. she hope the lieutenant, captain and Grifyn didnt pay much attention to her words. " ...... maybe they act like animals yeah... is there some sort of epidemic going around here? " leira asked covering her nose and mouth with arms sleeve.

( OOC: I call number 3 bed top bunk )

v1a3gDI.jpg

The repulsion of the pirates had gone rather well, though beyond the action the knight and the fairy mostly kept to themselves, even as the group departed the airship for the discretion of the caravan. Pryonn's helmeted gaze studied the images conjured by Captain Seles' device intently as she explained the coming course of action.

"So, what would these guys want with weaponizing a cure for madness? That would only just turn against them unless they had a way to control it."

"They don't need to control the cure." Pryonn finally spoke up in response to Donar's question "All they have to make sure is that no one else gains it. While the authorities - or whatever passes for them - are busying themselves trying to contain the outbreak, the perpetrators can covertly conduct whatever their actual aims are. After the villains are done with their business, they can simply leave whoever they affected to their fates." A consterned edge to his voice spoke volumes of his thoughts on such an act.

Last edited:
seles klarth.jpg
Kingdom of Welwyn Contested Region
Eclasen 21st 997 C.Y.A.D. 8 am
Health Points 20/20

Spirit Energy 38/50

• " Mr Karn, may be right Lieutenant." she remarked concerning Pryonn's assessment. " It it possible that if they weaponize the sickness, they can infect larger populations, and by keeping captive the only people who are working on a cure, the outcome can only worsen." she concluded. Leira was worried about some sort of outbreak that may endanger everyone, but she did not want the team to panic over mere conjecture. " I don't think there is much to worry about for now Officer Laramy, the disappearance of the 2 men is still quite new, we need to learn more about them and a possible location where they could be taken. We're not here to cure diseases. Information is the nature of most of our crucial mission in the contested region."

Lieutenant Donar made a remark about the contested region that reminded Captain Seles Donar was here before. If the need ever arose for them to separate she could count on him to be familiar with the region and meet up at a designated rendezvous point. She brought out a map. She looked around as if she was waiting for someone. She was supposed to meet up with someone soon enough. " Lieutenant Donar, since you have spent time in this region, would you mind plotting a course along the main and back roads of this map? Right now, we have 10 days worth of food and 5 days worth of water. We need to make stops to replenish the food and water regularly. We should probably try and avoid the bigger towns and lakes."

Since everyone was together, Seles thought it would be a good time to designate responsibilities for the journey. They had already discussed their battle roles but this was just as important to their survival. " The lieutenant will be in charge of navigation and negotiations. He's had more experience in these lands than most of you making him the obvious choice for the job. Mr. Karn, you will be in charge of Caravan maintenance. The tools are located near the back door storage compartment. There will be a series of daily check ups before we venture out and when we stop. " she then turned to the Leira and Grifyn. " Officer Laramy, you will care for the Papaopamus' needs. I know you are more than capable, many at the fort hold you in high regard. You and I will also oversee the cooking. Mr. Varelle, your task is hunting and foraging. If we can manage well with natural resources of the land, it will save time and money. "

TAG:
Jack Rakan Jack Rakan
Proletariat Proletariat
MsPolite MsPolite
Reinhardt Reinhardt
Unwavering Knight Unwavering Knight

Leira Laramy

Where: warzone
When: eclasen 21
Who: Reinhardt Reinhardt + Jack Rakan Jack Rakan + Unwavering Knight Unwavering Knight + Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser

fXHC54g2.jpg

SE: 47

....the team healer, the team animal caretaker and now cooking... might as well be the team mommy.....

leira sighed a little or maybe it was more of a yawn as it was still morning, but the captain was giving out more orders and tasks for everyone. the responsibilities were not fighting ones though but general things to keep them going, not really survival as it was household or farming type of chores. it was another sign they were in it for the long haul in this area.

the animals pulled the caravan at a stable pace while leira was inside looking through the window. " Hey captain, dunno about you but I'm pretty hungry. why dont I make something for all of us. with all the commotion of the battle and the landing in this place, we didnt get much to eat. how about..." leira grabbed a box of eggs cooking oil. " omelets a la leira? fresh cut ham and some onions and tomatoes." she was excited about cooking for everyone that she did not notice Pryonn and smacked the pan onto his armor. The guy was rather big for even this caravan.

" whoops, sorry. "
didnt look to her that it hurt much. Pryonn constantly wore his armor. .... I dont think I ever saw his face before, or him wearing anything other than his armor....... " Pryonn did you want 1 or 2 slices of ham?" she asked politely.

Last edited:
header.png

Grifyn Varelle
Arte 1 - Ready
Arte 2 - Ready
Arte 3 - Ready
Arte 4 - Ready
Contested Region, Welwyn Kingdom
Morning, Eclasen 22nd, 997 CYAD - 8 AM

After a brief moment of discussion, the matter has been settled. They are here to accomplish their missions and not to meddle to much in the horrid event of the True Blood War. Of course, some of them had their own motives regarding that, but for our bastard hero, it was his goal from the start - to uncover the mysteries that his father left behind onto his responsibility.

And now, he has a lead - Marvin Deunalf. His so-called "uncles", which has now gone missing for being involved in some organization known as A.S.A.R.M. Apparently, the man along with some other influential person, were working on a cure for a certain disease. Which some obscure dark figures are planning to weaponize and use as a means to obtain an advantage to the ongoing conflict.

Seles also began assigning the crew their respective roles, and Grifyn's was for all the hunting and foraging. Not really his preferred choice, but he does have a decent amount of experience with his travels, so accomplishing those at a decent rate and quality should not be a problem. Grifyn would have began mouthing once more if not for Leira offering everyone breakfast - since her assigned task was to keep everyone healthy and fed.

Of course, Grifyn was not going to let the chance pass. If he's going to get a meal for free, then there is no way that he's declining such an offer.

"I'll have one of those as well.", he said. Then a smirk formed yet again on the blond bastard's face. "And a kiss from you, too."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back