Verse 1
afa05772905e1e46e8c068eeab2cb08b.jpg
Title: Overshadowed Cause
Location: Norhad Swords Headquarters, Milestone Fortress Docks
Date: Eclasen 20th 997 C.Y.A.D. 1 pm
" Progress is impossible if we lose sight of our goals. "
- Lord Jacques Bernier Borel, 1st Director of A.S.A.R.M
500 C.Y.A.D.
After Milestone was rebuilt, it did not take long for Commander Genzah to get back on his feet. His recovery was remarkable not for its speed but the sheer devastation that was caused to his body. Soon after, things went back to normal. The Norhad Swords were once again, running protection requests, monster hunting and the more serious changing of the guard at different strategic locations throughout the Kingdom. Antarah was weary of the mundane everyday work which only slowly helped in his efforts to end the war. Perhaps it was the Bureaucrats way of keeping him from interfering. However what they did not realize, was that Antarah already foresaw this would happen. In order to persist in his investigation in ending the war, he setup a small rogue group that kept a low profile, but was on the frontier of the wars events. This group was led by Field Captain Seles Klarth.

Apart from Belluam, Seles was his longest serving officer in the organization. The Vice commander Belluam would be the only person who knows her in the Fortress today. That is because, shortly after entering the guild, Antarah confided in her about his suspicions that he was being tested as to his trustworthiness as a leader, and that he needed someone who was completely devoted to ending the war. Someone who shared his ideals and principles. He found that person in her. In truth, today she would have made Vice Commander by now, but chose to remain on the front lines. Although her work is done in the shadows away from high praise and glory, she is contented to this kind of life.

Therefore, Antarah gave her a scout ship and the authority to lead missions of interest in the War near or in the contested lands. For the past few years she has been gathering intelligence and performing secretive actions to ensure the safety of the free lands. She had secretly returned and took up residence in the solitary tower of Antarah's study, after she had dispersed her current group. Naturally, after some rest, she would set out to resume her mission, but she needed a new crew to which Antarah was only too happy to provide a list of names.

Last edited:
Tags: Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser
Date: Eclasen 20th 997 C.Y.A.D. 12 pm
Character Sheet

Giacomo Balla road on a wagon along the roadways that led to Milestone Fortress. His attire consisted of a black robe, a blue shirt, blue trousers, black boots, black gloves, and a simple brown belt. At his right side near his belt was a pack that held food rations, his personal belongings, and navigation tools. Near his left side was a sheathed sword in a brown scabbard. Seemingly unusual gear, but he wore such attire for the northern climate. The group that accompanied Giacomo for this journey consisted of the wagon driver and three others. Initially, the travel started off silent, but gradually as the minutes passed, some group members began to speak with one another. Giacomo complied only to keep himself from seeming suspicious.

The wagon driver spoke first, "Quiet bunch I have here. You four looking to join the Norhad Swords? The many I take here are always people looking to be recruited." The young boy in the back with blonde hair and glasses stood up and gladly brought up his reason for riding the wagon, "Yes, sir. My goal is to become a full fledged warrior. I'm going to help my ma and pa back at home." Everyone laughed or snickered at the boy's comment, as they were quite surprised by the boy's eagerness. The boy now embarrassed proceed to slump back into his seat. The wagon driver replied, "Easy boy. At least you're brave. These silent Samuels haven't said anything at all." The other two besides Giacomo were busying themselves checking their things, as if they were avoiding answering any questions. Meanwhile, Giacomo prepared his quick statement in order to not attract any more attention to his silence, "I'm just looking for work, that's all." The wagon driver laughed at Giacomo's comment much to Giacomo's dismay, "You there, man. You're not going to like this at all, but the Norhad Swords ain't a job where you just work. If you want to live comfortably, you settle down in a village. Now, the pay's good, but there's gotta be something than just working." Giacomo now found the driver irritating, yet he replied to the driver's comment, "I rather not explain my personal business. I mean no direct rudeness to you." A short, concise answer to the driver's curiosity. After that fiasco, everyone remained silent. The other two in the wagon didn't speak a word, and it was unsure whether those two wanted to join the Norhad Swords as well.

Date: Eclasen 20th 997 C.Y.A.D. 12:45 pm

The wagon stopped outside the Milestone Fortress' gates. It was now time for the passengers to exit, however, the two that were silent the whole trip remained on the wagon. The blonde boy and Giacomo exited the wagon, and cleared themselves to the soldier's guarding the gates by stating their intention to enlist. After being approved, Giacomo entered the gates, but his mind was bothered by the two others that uttered no words in the wagon. He thought they planned to rob the wagon driver, yet the trip was over now, so he kept that thought to himself. Unfortunately, another annoyance struck up Giacomo in the form of a young boy's greetings.

"Hey, dark haired guy," said the blonde haired boy, "My name's Reaver. What's yours? After all, we're going to be working here, right?" Giacomo came off as a polite, sincere individual, but on the inside, he was annoyed with the boy's questions. He wanted to find the docks quickly. Nevertheless, he replied to the boy's friendly question in a well-mannered voice, "Name's Giacomo. It's a pleasure to know you Reaver, but I'm afraid I'll have to decline this conversation. I'm busy searching for the docks." Reaver was confused, now unsure of what else to say. Instead of asking further questions, he gave a simple goodbye before departing from Giacomo's sight. Now alone, Giacomo headed for the docks, now in search for the commander.

Location: Outside Norhad Swords Headquarters, Milestone Fortress Docks
Date: Eclasen 20th 997 C.Y.A.D. 1:00 PM

The Norhad Soldiers' instructions led Giacomo to a building that composed itself as the Norhad Swords headquarters. From the outside, Giacomo witnessed the docks which contained a few air ships. He thought the place big for a group of sword hands that were not affiliated with a single kingdom. Then, he knocked the door before opening the entrance. Upon entering the building, he was greeted by a Norhad Sword who told Giacomo to follow her. The two walked until they were met by Seles. The Norhad Sword offered her leave, and Giacomo was left with the nameless woman. He greeted her with his intent and his name, "Hello. My name's Giacomo Balla. My request is to join the Norhad Swords, miss...excuse me, the soldier never told me your name." After his comment, he stretched out his right hand, offering a handshake.

Last edited:
seles klarth.jpg
Field Captain Seles Klarth
Norhad Swords Headquarters, Milestone Fortress

Eclasen 20th 997 C.Y.A.D. 1 pm
Health Points 20/20

Spirit Energy 50/50

Character Combat Actions: 20/20

Earlier that day

Antarah made his way to his private study, a solitary building found on a small island on the lake. No one was supposed to enter the edifice without him, and very few people ever went there. However today was special. Antarah sensed a guest was awaiting him in the tower. Only one person could have opened the special sealed door that led inside, that is aside from using an immense power to destroy it. He entered a private room and found Field Captain Seles Klarth seated pouring a cup of tea for him as if expecting his arrival. With that cup of tea, she presented a folder full of reports. He said nothing and sat down, she only stared and drank her tea. The Commander scrutinized the hand written reports without them ever exchanging words. Even with his calm demeanor, the length of time Seles has known the Commander enabled her to see the emotion underneath.

" You knew about the Morgogs, why did you not warn us? "

" It would have compromised me. "

" Your foreknowledge would have saved the lives of innocents."

" The information was not absolute. "

" What about this Traitor, what proof is there?

" Inside sources, report discrepancies..."

" Sounds like Paranoia Captain."

" Look at what happened when you became overconfident, Commander."

" Damnit Seles. Your work is invaluable but the cost keeps rising with you."

" Send me back with a team, There is so much more than just Adanaque and Lanark. What do we do about the Lieutenant?"

" .... She has been recalled back to the Capital. A fleet of Union ships has been spotted near the continent. Your team will be at the docks just after midday."

"... maybe Jolinar's ships.... Thank you. If there is nothing else, I shall leave."

Antarah sat there a moment, but intervened as she opened the door. " Wait." she turned her head so her ear would be listening. " This is the last time Seles. The path you are taking is dangerous. It is no better than that of your enemies." he remarked.

" .... I have no idea what you mean Commander. "

" The fact that recently, I have sent with you with a team, but you always return alone! "
Seles nodded her head in acknowledgement and closed the door.

Return to Present

Not content with the few names that Antarah has given her, Seles took it upon herself to get more help. She managed to convince a recruiter to direct new mercenaries to her for approval. Her Captain's insignia was the genuine article and very convincing. One in particular was especially new, calling her 'miss' instead of Captain. This person was definitely not versed in the Norhad Swords protocal. " I am Field Captain Klarth. I am your new commanding officer, Mr. Balla. Why exactly did you join us? There are other Mercenary groups in the various Kingdoms. " She asked.

TAG: Hachi Machi Hachi Machi Jack Rakan Jack Rakan Tardy Grade Tardy Grade Andromeda Arc Andromeda Arc Proletariat Proletariat Reinhardt Reinhardt MidnightStar MidnightStar Alstromeria Alstromeria

Last edited:
Archus Barriye
Location: Norhad Swords Headquarters: Milestone Fortress Docks
Date: Eclasen 20th 997 C.Y.A.D.

attachment.php

A steel-clad giant stood at the docks of milestone fortress. He was along side his fellow veterans, they all waited for reassignment. Why they had to gather together at the docks of all places for reassignment, he did not know. It was many years ago that Archus stopped trying to get inside the mind of Antarah Genzah. It was a labyrinth of misdirection, the Paladin could hardly figure out anything that was going on in the Swords anymore. Archus knew he needed to speak to the commander soon about his future with the Swords. With every passing day doubt grew in his mind about the purpose of the Swords, and his purpose within it. On the horizon it seemed the Keepers had a higher calling for him, his mind drifted further and further into what could be, instead of what was.

He recognized the mercenaries around him, they had all fought along side each other now, one time or another. The group was comprised of extraordinary and unorganized stock. It surprised Archus sometimes that they made it through missions at all, with how different their abilities and backgrounds were. The Paladin was not the type to initiate conversation with any of the heathens. He thought they were heathens anyway, Archus certainly never saw any of them at church in the morning. He did not necessarily judge them, they were all mercenary filth after all, why would they believe in the keepers? Still, some of them were of the chatty variety, one might have tried to talk to him. He wouldn't have minded it there at the docks. It was boring just standing around waiting on something to happen. As per usual Archus didn't receive anything more than a vague time and place to be for "reassignment". He made note in his head to think of Antarah's mind as a foggy labyrinth from then on.

Archus heard chatter around the headquarters that there would be new mercenaries arriving today. The Paladin secretly could not wait to see what sort of rabble Antarah had pulled out of the gutter this time around. When he first saw what sort of people he would be working with after his second arrival to the Swords he was shocked. They had been transformed from an elite, disciplined fighting force, to a loosely wound band of miscreants in a couple of years. However strange it appeared at first glance, Archus was beginning to piece together Antarah's new direction for the Swords. In the past it had all been so rank and file, a private army of soldiers. The Commander was shifting to smaller group operations with highly powerful and unpredictable agent combinations.

Why Antarah did this, the Paladin wasn't sure. Could it be that the Commander was seeing an enemy through the mist that Archus couldn't? Was he trying to hide their activity from said foe? The attack on the HQ only made Archus's curiosity spiral into the extreme even further. He did know that for the present he would need to be focused. Newcomers needed role models, people always used a reference for their behavior in new organizations and it typically came in the form of people they perceived to have more experience or knowledge. Of course there were always those brats that thought they knew it all, but they never lasted too long anywhere; unless they were children of nobility.

So the Paladin stood tall, staring out at the sea, his hands resting atop the pommel of his sword.

Last edited:
header.png
Grifyn Varelle
Docks, Norhad Swords Headquarters
Eclasen 20th 997 C.Y.A.D.
Somewhere in a somewhat isolated area near the docks, was a fight that slowly gained attention from folks all over the place. Those who carried various supplies to the many ships paused to witness it, some of the wandering merchants peeked in intrigue, and even some of Norhad Sword's enlisted mercenaries began to place bets on which side would win.

At the center of this growing commotion was Grifyn, barely scratched, though his clothes had started to earn some ruffles, despite it being ironed early today. Facing him was a ragtag bunch of drunk and overly agitated men. They threw easily predictable attacks toward him, which he dodged and parried without exerting an effort.

The young man took a step back and chuckled. "That all you got?", he said. "I though you were all going to knock some sense into me?"

"Shut up!", one of them said, his face reddish and his body sluggish. It was fairly obvious that this was a drunk man. "You'll get what's coming to ya'!"

"Yeah.", Grifyn replied. His voice shifted from a mocking tone to a grim, and serious one. "I seriously deserve to get beat up by a bunch of useless people like you."

One of them, who now held a thick piece of wood, spoke to him. "It's good that you know you should not meddle into someone else's business, punk."

"I don't think harassing a young girl is a business at all.", he teased them. "Especially one that's working her hardest to survive in this harsh, harsh world."

"Don't speak of things you don't understand, sell-sword.", the man answered. "You're just as bad as us. Murdering and pillaging for the sake of money."

Five men charged towards Grifyn, unfortunately for them, he easily maneuvered through their desperate assaults and knocked them unconscious by striking their heads in varied manners, such as using the edge of his knee to make a blunt force, making them slip and hit their head on the ground, and a lot more.

"Next.", he said, pointing to the man who wielded a thick piece of wood.

The man shouted, and charged at Grifyn, ready to swing his makeshift weapon and teach the cocky bastard a lesson. Grifyn rushed towards him as well, however, in the middle of it, he knelt to the ground and slid using the momentum he had. Once the two opposing forces met, the man was tripped by Grifyn, but he did not drop to the ground, for the young blond had caught him in the chest, and proceeded to elbow him in the back several times.

Before letting go, he lifted the man back to an upright position, then launched a powerful uppercut to finish the battle, and send the man to the ground, unconscious and heavily bruised. A round of applause ensued after this, and a few passing of coins from one hand to another, as various bets failed and won. Slowly, the crowd dispersed away from the scene, where a single young man stood in the midst of six unconscious and beat-up men.

"And yet again...", he mumbled to himself. "...my emotions got a hold of me."

Tags: ---

upload_2017-7-10_19-41-52-png.330471

Character: Giacomo Balla

Upon hearing her response, he answered her question formally, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Field Captain Klarth. My reasoning for joining the Norhad Swords is quite brief. I'll provide additional details, if you wish to hear more." He cleared his throat before speaking again, "As a youth, my father taught me how to use a sword properly. Now that I'm older, I seek to put my skills to work as a mercenary while earning some money for familial reasons. Currently, my family's experiencing financial troubles, meaning additional income will certainly aid their dilemma. I hope that's sufficient reasoning. Oh, and --" He went silent for a second, before sharing his reasons, "I chose the Norhad Swords for its reputation. It's a recognized organization where I live." After answering Klarth, he remained silent, awaiting her approval. During the conversation, Giacomo barely fidgeted and his eyes drifted a few times, only to avoid awkward staring.

TAG: Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser

Archus Barriye

attachment.php

During Archus's trip into deep thought while staring at the erm.. lake.. a noise out of the normal ambiance caught his attention. To his left, he heard the chatter of a crowd. As he turned to see if it was anything interesting, he noticed a group of people attempting to cram into an alleyway at the other end of the dock between a wall and a storage warehouse some fifty yards away. Initially, Archus only held a brief interest, but then he heard the telltale sounds of a scuffle echoing from the alley. 'A fight inside the Swords' Headquarters, what could that possibly be?!' The Paladin thought. Before another second had passed he remembered the bar fight from earlier that year with Belluam and another officer in the bar. Specifically how he was briefly a target in the melee. Why a comrade would want to strike him or start an irresponsible brawl like that, Archus still hadn't figured out. It did remind him of the company Antarah kept though, a rash lot mostly.

If there was a fight, Archus intended to see it finished one way or another. The steel giant started for the other end of the dock. In typical fashion his movement was slow at first. His legs moved barely faster than a casual walk across the stone dock foundation. After a couple steps, his speed escalated to the pace of a brisk walk with considerably more effort thanks to his armor. After about ten feet he was jogging and the noise that came from over 300 pounds of man and armor clattering against steel was plainly frightening to anyone who didn't know what was producing it. A steady THUD...THUD...THUD..THUD crashed against the lake front with shorter frequency each time, until a freight train of a man was running to the alley with dangerous momentum. Once he closed the gap to twenty yards people were already clearing the way, because to get trapped between a stone wall and the Paladin would surely mean instant death.

He rounded the corner in a clumsy trot and smashed into the stone wall. By the time he arrived there were no more bystanders in the dock area, They had all either fled or lost interest. The Paladin laid his eyes on a woman standing among half a dozen unconscious men. There was something familiar about her hair... But it wasn't a she! Archus realized upon walking up to the scene that it was Grifyn who was the victor in the brawl, not some woman. He did have a rather feminine look about him from a distance... Regardless, Archus was not surprised, for some reason he always found his woeful comrades performing one unsavory act or another. Letting his eyes scan the rabble left on the ground, the Paladin identified no one of known importance. "Should I bother asking you what happened here? Or will you come with me to the docks so I can make sure nothing else like this happens while you're unsupervised?" The holy knight's voice was unmistakable. Low and rugged, but steady as his faith. He was no officer, Archus had denied any promotion offer that came his way, but he was known as a veteran among the swords, and a voice of wisdom.

tags: Reinhardt Reinhardt

Avar Pendergast
d46a069344ebcc93cb39b1ddf0d37176-jpg.298715
HP: 4
CCA: 5
SSE: 15
ATK: 5
DEF: 1
EVA: 2

Str lvl 3 | Arte lvl 1 | Spd lvl 2 | Jmp lvl 2

Avar was played a game of dice with the other mercenaries to pass the time. The sun beat down on them from above as the lake breeze tried to shield them. A small barrel of mead was being passed from man to man which Avar wisely chose to avoid. It was bad enough when a drink was watered down but when the water came from the bottom of moldy old water barrels? Avar made a hard pass at that!

The senior members stood and met with the latest recruits and he felt a vague semblance between their indoctrination and his own;albeit his was a late entry and now a lazy welcome as he could not summon the will to turn away from the game of chance. He'd managed to win a lovely pair of curved blades from one of the mercs but lost his own bastard sword not soon after.

Speaking of swords ... the members of the group seemed rather pleased with the turnover and fresh faces. A means to make up for all those lost in battle, Avar supposed. His own time with such organisations was short lived. So far the people seemed competent and the pay was good. No complaints and no other more attractive prospects meant he would saddle along with them till the last possible moment and then -

Avar ducked as Archus looked around at them so he wouldn't make eye contact. Nice as the fellow was, he tended to practice what he preached and preach everything he practiced. As a merc that tended to strain on his 'delicate' temperament when it came to the divine and matters of belief. The other mercs gave him an odd look until he raised his hand like a flag and pointed in the paladins direction as he eyed them and they all similarly shuffled about until they were looking occupied.

Seeing as the game was over he admired his new blades. Lifting them and studying them along different angles.
combo%2Breal.png

"Nice lion pommels." he spoke to himself as he felt the etching and appreciated the time it must have taken to make the mold. He'd never had that level of artistry in him.

When he thought the coast ("Hah, a lake pun!" Avar thought in his mind)was clear he looked at the Paladin's old spot only to see him gone and that he'd been busy admiring the hilt so long that the herd, and his cover, had thinned. On further inspection he spotted the man helping some red head with a group that was likely targeting her.

"Typical paladin." he shook his head as he tried to sneak around the group without being seen.

CLEAR

Mention - Proletariat Proletariat , Reinhardt Reinhardt
Conversation -

Last edited:
header.png
Grifyn Varelle
Morning, Eclasen 20th 997 C.Y.A.D.
Grifyn stood there, contemplating on his recent actions. Was it right to intervene? Perhaps these men meant no ill, and he merely misunderstood their words and actions? Perhaps the young girl wanted for it to happen? Whatever it was, he can never undo what he had done. The men are on the ground, unconscious and beaten. His hands were stained by their bruises and wounds.

The man could be right. In fact, he might even be worse than them. He had done so much things a good person wouldn't do. Heck, he once attempted to betray his allies, and that was not even for his own reasons. The amulet had been revealed from underneath his shirt, and was now popped out of it. The cool breeze sent it swinging sideways, the string keeping it from leaving his neck.

"Tell me, father.", he muttered under his breath. "Is this what you mean by my true destiny? A sinful man who seeks something which might not exist?" Grifyn sighed, as he held the amulet within his palm, then placed it back under his clothes.

A few moments after, just before Grifyn was about to leave the scene, he was addressed by a man clad in armor. This man had a look of brilliance and wisdom in him, but that mattered not to the lad. Without even paying attention to what the armored man said, Grifyn spoke.

"Look. I'm no longer in the mood for a fight.", he raised his hand, and opened his palm, gesturing for the man to stop. "I don't know who you are and what your relation with these men are, but they got what was coming to them. I think. So if you don't mind, I'll be taking my leave."

Archus Barriye

attachment.php

Archus was momentarily taken aback by the fact that Grifyn did not recognize him whatsoever. 'What? I can't recall that I have ever spoken to this man... but... we've worked together for weeks now. I distinctly recall going on missions with him. Is he that unobservant?'

After regaining his composure, Archus responded with knitted brows, "Wait, do you seriously not.. nevermind." The Paladin rubbed his forehead with his fingertips, "My only relation here is to you. We need to stay at the docks and wait for reassignment like Antarah ordered. Do try not to assault anyone on the short walk back to the staging area please." The Paladin sheathed his longsword, having witnessed that there was no real problem there. He briefly surveyed the bodies again to make sure no one was dead, because then he would have actually had to manage the situation. Archus imagined that Antarah would prefer his agents to stay out of situations like that, but he wasn't the one in charge, so it was not his decision to make. That, and if he reported everyone that got into a fight in the Swords, he'd have pretty much reported everyone by now. Instead he chose to sweep the unsavory situation away and began the walk back to the docks.

Reinhardt Reinhardt Tardy Grade Tardy Grade

Last edited:
Avar Pendergast

The task of sneaking around the two seemed to prove no challenge whatsoever as they seemed to come to some disagreement. Which was fine by Avar! His only goal was to get back from the docks to a more pleasant venue.Offering a silent prayer of his own for the poor sods that thought they could mess with the other two he resumed a normal gait once he was in the clear. With some lovely women perhaps? Women of fine standing and low expectations if he could be so lucky.

He shook his head clear of such thoughts as he still had to navigate his way back to the guild. Just as he did so he noticed the two blades moving awkwardly in his pants. Their odd design made it impossible to simply latch them to his belt as they would pendulate back and forth endlessly.Tugging at his britches, he decided the women would be fine standing a while longer. So he made his way to the leather and smithy shops that were nearby to see if they had suitable wares that could make his new arrivals feel more at home.

Then he stopped and felt his coin purse and grumbled as he could almost picture the dry rations he'd have to subsist on for the coming weeks. Somethings didn't change no matter how long or where you'd go.

...And that's the taste of stale biscuits.

CLEAR

Conversation -

seles klarth.jpg

Health Points 20/20

Spirit Energy 50/50

They walked along corridors passing people by. It surprised the young woman how people would acknowledge her when they saw the rank of Captain, but that she did not recognize a single one of them. In an organization like the Norhad Swords, there was bound to be a lot of changeover so of course hardly anyone would have known her. After asking Giacomo his reason for joining the swords she listened intently to what he had to say. The answer that the man gave was disheartening to say the least. Although for her, any reason was worthless before her own. " I asked you that question out of sheer curiosity. Regardless of your reasons for being here, we don't turn many away. But Mr. Balla, I'm going to be frank. In my experience, soldiers of fortune make for bad allies. Of course, it's not hard to figure out why. My personal goal is to see an end to the True Blood Wars, like the Commander of this Fortress, the Neutral Kingdoms, and millions of lives that are at stake. And hopefully, in the future, it is a reason you and I will share. "

They exited to the docks area. Seles recognized the individuals that Antarah had assigned to her, but there were only 2 present. A few were still missing, and among them, the officers assigned to her detail. One could see the annoyance in her face. " Mr. Varelle, Mr. Barriye, I presume? I am Captain Klarth, your new commanding officer. Giacomo Balla, meet your teammates. "

TAG:

Donar(link for profile later)
Nohrad swords HQ Milestone Fortress
-----------------------------

The days after the attack, and that other business were over, Commander Antarah had recovered faster than the KOA thought he would, and lieutenant sarah had to return to her duties for the time being.

It was a long few weeks since all the trouble started. At least now he could breath easily, well with that field captain returning from the lines of the True Blood Wars his mind went to the past, he too went there on orders before coming to the Nohrad swords. in his own opinion no one should ever try going to the Contested region if they knew not what war was like. Some present here would be able to handle it, but most of those young people who may have never killed before would likely fall to insanity.

But he had only heard of this person, so he didnt know them, or if he himself have met them he forgot. in any case, he made his way towards the docks to see what mission was about to take place.

header.png
Grifyn Varelle
The armored man's next words surprised Grifyn. Well, not so much. He spoke of details no regular mercenary would know - the instructions of Antarah, which was only heard directly from the man, and by a select number of people. An ordinary sellsword in the Norhad Swords wouldn't know of such orders. After all, the task was discussed discreetly, as it would cause unprecedented issues among the guild, which was already not in a decent state, after all that had occurred and all that is transpiring around the north.

Knowing this, Grifyn assumed that this armored man was not just some random passerby or a comrade of these thug-like mercenaries he had just beaten up, rather, he was a specifically handpicked mercenary of Antarah, and Grifyn's unlikely brother-in-arms. Something in him says that the two will most likely have some difficulties working together, with all that aura of righteousness emanating from the iron-clad man.

"Well, I didn't know you we-", Grifyn said to the man, as he walked away, only to be stopped by a feminine figure who halted before the two.

Captain Klarth was what she called herself, and addressed the two men by their surnames. Strange. Grifyn didn't spread word of his surname, not that anyone would recognize it. His deceased father was just a retired adventurer and his mother was a common villager, after all. It warranted him no special treatment, nor any recognition. And yet here is this woman, calling him by surname, and assuming he was right, the armored man, Barriye, by his surname as well.

"Never heard of you.", he responded. Still, Grifyn was not one to let an opportunity slip away. Before him was a fine woman, and even if she might be some weird stranger to him, she still earned some points to his appeal. "But, if you want to, we can get to know each other."

"Though I prefer a more...appropriate environment, Miss Klarth."
, a smirk formed upon the young bastard's face.

Leira Laramy

================================================================
Where: norhad swords hq
When: eclasen 20
Who: Reinhardt Reinhardt Proletariat Proletariat Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser

==================================================================
fXHC54g2.jpg

================================================================
HP: 7
SE: 40
CCA: 18
==================================================================

Leira had already been up since early morning feeding the animals in the barn area and the stables. Things were back to normal since Antarah came back from the near dead and it was mostly quieter around the fotress. Most of the jobs we had been getting were kinda normal to say the least. Nothing too dangerous, strange or different. Just the other day she overheard people talk about a mission about building a huge fence to keep predators out. One thing that did change was new faces were coming into the guild and some old faces were leaving.

...........thats the nature of the kinda place this is I guess... very transient but whatever.....
she thought to herself.

Only a few months ago Leira found out she could use magic energy and since then it has been giving her trouble when on missions. She wondered a lot about controling the powers she had and thought maybe staying with the norhad swords would help her do that. But there really wasnt much about training to use it here, mostly just being thrown into the fire and learning in the heat of battle and all that. She felt it might one day hurt her, or even someone else.

..... maybe a knight academy???? no, I dont have the money or status for that..... magic school.... hahhhh same thing huh....maybe a personal tutor.... at least someone who can help me control it.....

Just before breakfast was served, a notice came for her.

.... a change in assignemnt..... report to docks after lunch to new commander, signed Antarah.....geeeeeeeeez I just unpacked from the last mission.,,,

Leira wondered what this was all about. A new mission maybe? She would go get some breakfast and then go back to her room to pack up what she needed. It seemed she would need a lot more than in the previous missions. She made sure her room was cleaned before leaving and noticed she forgot her officer pin on the bed table. She polished it a little before putting it on. When thinking back, she went from animal caretaker to being under a field captain after a few months of missions. Dangerous missions of course. But the higher ups thought to reward her. Though a gift basket of anything would be better cause a reward by getting a new rank just means more missions.

One thing she didnt complain about was her money share went up. She already got a good portion from animal care, then extra from going on missions, and then even more now that she is a officer. Most of it, probably 75% were sent back to her parents, half of that in bought goods. She thought of this while carrying a huge pack down the stairs.

She got to the docks area and saw some familiar faces. The big armored guy was Archus, only a real weirdo would keep armor constantly on in a friendly fortress and under the summer sun. The pretty boy next to him was obviously Grifyn. Leira's view of him changed much once the animals started telling her about his attitudes around the fortress. The other 2 seemed very new, she had never seen them before. One was a field Captain, the lady. But she met many of the other captains before. Was this a new captain?

" careful captain. that pretty face of his is just a mask. "
she said obviously overhearing the conversation. " hello archus. hello there. " she said to archus and giacomo. " reporting in captain, Leira Laramy. "

Last edited:
upload_2017-7-15_12-17-57.png

Giacomo followed the woman and as the two traveled they passed by other Norhad Swords. He noticed that whenever someone greeted Klarth, they acknowledged her rank, which indicated to Giacomo that Klarth was a well respected member. A slight pinch of regret nipped his mind, since he considered that researching the mannerisms of the Norhad Swords should've been a priority. This regret lasted only a few moments. After all, his status as a new recruit with no fore knowledge should explain his reactions. Therefore, he stopped worrying that some suspicion may have arose from his conversation with Klarth.

While the two walked, Klarth commented on Giacomo's previous statement. He listened intently, trying to find any hidden meaning in the woman's words. After her spiel, he thought Klarth was selfish, since she told Giacomo of her personal goal and her strong opinion on soldiers of fortune rather than explaining the Norhad Swords' vision. Now with information on the woman's motivations, Giacomo thought that as long as he followed her goal, he'd be able to gain her trust someday. As the conversation took place, the two were headed towards the docks.

Location: Docks, Norhad Swords Headquarters, Milestone Fortress

When the two stopped at the docks, Klarth introduced Giacomo as well as Varelle and Barriye. From her comment, Giacomo acknowledged these two unfamiliar individuals as his two new teammates. Giacomo thought Barriye to be a recognized, distinct Norhad Sword due to Barriye's impressive attire. On the other hand, Giacomo considered Varelle as a common mercenary. After introductions and Varelle's flirtatious remark towards Klarth, Giacomo offered his pleasantries, "Greetings, Mr. Varelle and Mr. Barriye. It'll be a pleasure to work with you two." Then suddenly, a woman appeared before the group. She spoke with familiarity to Barriye when she mentioned Barriye's first name, and she even called Klarth by her respected title, captain. Right then and there, Giacomo examined the woman as another seasoned Norhad Sword. He spoke again only to greet the new participant, "Hello, Ms. Laramy. I'm Giacomo Balla."

Tags: Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser Reinhardt Reinhardt Proletariat Proletariat Andromeda Arc Andromeda Arc

seles klarth.jpg

Health Points 20/20

Spirit Energy 50/50

Captain Seles was unamused by the straightforwardness of the young man, Grifyn. His cavalier approach to greeting a superior officer had cemented her claim that she told Giacomo, about not dismissing many who wish to join the Norhad Swords. Leira Laramy, an officer chosen by Antarah showed up in the middle of the exchange. At first glance, one could see she was not the type for battle. This coupled with her knowledge that Leira had been the Fortress' Main Animal caretaker gave the young Captain some worry regarding the people the Commander had assigned to her. " I have no doubt you are right, Miss Laramy." she said acknowledging her observation. " Miss Laramy, I know your commission as an officer is new. But please keep in mind, that when reporting to a superior you must state your rank in first order then you name." she remarked to her new officer. " As for you Mr. Varelle, please show restraint and keep yourself from conducting in such a manner that belittles you and the organization you represent."

At that time, the remaining missing members showed up, Lieutenant Donar and another newer mercenary name Avar Pendergast. " Now that everyone is here, let us begin. I am Captain Seles Klarth. I am sure no one here has heard of me. I have been a part of the Norhad Swords since the early days of Antarah Genzah and Belluam Sansuis. " she began. One may have noticed her familiarity regarding the 2 highest commanders in the Fortress calling them by name in entirety. " Early on I was assigned to a special effort known to them as the Norhad Vanguard Initiative. Essentially, I lead secret mission into the Contested Areas of the Continent. Everything from advancement deterrence, to sabotage, infiltration is done by me and reported back to Commander Genzah. "

" You have all been selected by the Commander to join the Vanguard for the foreseeable future. This is not voluntary. If you choose not to participate, you will be asked to leave the Norhad Swords. Forever. " Seles let the statement sink in with a pause so that everyone would understand the ramifications of their choice. " You may wonder, what you get in return. The answer is nothing. Why? Because it's not about you. I may be wrong and you may gain something from your time with us if you so choose. But my point is not to expect anything in return for your service. At least nothing above what you are receiving as compensation now. " Her statement here ties in with the point she made to Giacomo about Soldiers of Fortune and how they made for untrustworthy allies.

" Now are there any intelligent questions?"

TAG: Jack Rakan Jack Rakan = Andromeda Arc Andromeda Arc = Hachi Machi Hachi Machi = Reinhardt Reinhardt = Proletariat Proletariat = Tardy Grade Tardy Grade

Archus Barriye

attachment.php

Archus stared at Grifyn with unmistakable disappointment in his eyes. He let the stare linger for roughly thirty seconds before turning to Captain Klarth. She was much younger than he expected, but the Paladin was used to taking order from people younger than he was. The only organization that he had real seniority in was the Paladins. He gave Leira a friendly nod when she appeared and did the same for Giancomo. The Paladin wondered what sort of woman Captain Klarth was. He had never heard of her in his tenure with the Swords, so he thought maybe she was new.

After she spoke, Archus had very mixed reactions to all of it. Firstly, he liked how she handled the degenerate Grifyn and his pathetic attempt to flirt with a superior officer. Secondly, he was not sure how to feel about the Vanguard operation. He had always expected that Antarah would have secret operations, but never like this, not in the contested zone. Captain Klarth spoke in a nearly rehearsed tone, she had given this speech many times before. Either this was a dangerous assignment, or not many had the stomach for what they did.

'Interesting that Antarah would assign me to this unit. He knows I will not follow an order that violates my faith and principles, yet he places me in a situation where it seems like we are going to do some questionable missions.. is this a test? Because if it is, he knows my loyalty lies with the Keepers above all else..'

When Captain Klarth asked for answers, Archus was the first to respond, almost immediately after she was done talking.
"I have a question. You've mentioned what this unit does, but you failed to mention why. Was that on purpose?"

Last edited:
Avar Pendergast

" Early on ..."

Avar found himself a spot to stand without having to worry about anyone nicking his meager possessions. It wouldn't be the first time it would have happened but he sure as hell wasn't looking forward to it happening again. He'd arrived in time to catch Gryf's not so subtle attempts at 'kindling some tinder'. Man would have made a fine merc if he'd just take part in more of the gambling and wagers.

"... you choose not to participate, you will be asked to leave the Norhad Swords. Forever. "

Avar wasn't too keen on this new lady figure. This 'Seles'.

Sure she seemed competent and eager to prove herself. Potentially one of those eager go-getters that always wanted to be the first to volunteer for the 'What-does-this-potion-do?' missions. The kind of person that hadn't seen all of the world but thought that things were all relative. Basic training or advanced. Nothing is a rule and everything changes.

Her approach was bold and clear. Either come or don't. But an ultimatum either inspires loyalty or nurtures mutiny. Having a look around him he could tell that a few contractuals like himself were more than ready to leave at the declaration. While mercs had their pride, the ones that tended to live long enough learned from experience how to gauge a mission. A pair simply shrugged after a quiet discussion and walked off while the larger groups were making faces and speaking in hushed tones.

"But my point is not to expect anything in return for your service. At least nothing above what you are receiving as compensation now. "

Another group left and Avar was wondering about what action he should undertake too. He had no real ties to the group aside from a few people he'd happened to meet on missions. People who he preferred got to keep their heads on for many years to come. But all this 'expect no compensation' talk was quite the deterrent.

" Now are there any intelligent questions?"

Then he heard Archus being Archus by getting to the nitty gritty.

"I have a question. You've mentioned what this unit does, but you failed to mention why. Was that on purpose?"

A man nudged Avar as he tried to get closer to the front and Avar turned a bit to the side.

"Yeah. I got a question." he said raising an arm like a petulant school boy. "At what point will you start speaking 'to' us rather than 'at' us? We might believe in the weight of a coin purse more than the message behind your words but we're not children. Can we expect you to be there to make sure we clean our hands after meal time too?!"

The other mercs hooted at the question and Avar did a mock bow as he basked in the owling of it all.

"I am soooo screwed." He thought behind a smug facade.

CLEAR

Conversation - Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser

header.png
Grifyn Varelle
Shot down immediately. Such is Grifyn's ill fortune with women in the Norhad Swords. Well, with the exception of Cecil Sanger, who he had not heard of since that night. Though the chances of such a fine girl returning is far too little. Of course, even though he has been worded down by most of his allies, and it can be easily assumed that the others simply pitied him in silence, he remained firm.

In his not-so-honorable goals, that is.

He won't pursue them right now, when he is being surrounded by such stiff reactions and a serious atmosphere. Or will he?

"I believe they are, indeed, correct, Captain Seles Klarth.", he said mockingly. "We deserve an explanation!", he yelled, and slowly incited the small mercenary crowd, or those which remained, to repeat the very words he said, until the woman would answer.

And in the midst of this loud, chaotic mess, the blond bastard took a step backward. He looked at the self-proclaimed captain in the eye, with a smirk still formed on his face. Although his charm does not rival that of a refined noble's, he still has quite an appeal, one which he uses mostly to obtain what he needs. Though it does not work perfectly all the time, effort is various manners is still necessary.

As the man stared deep into this young woman's clear blue eyes, he spoke. "An explanation of why you're still single, that is.", he said with a wink, the words mixed and mingled within the tiny crowd's disorderly noise.

This bastard of a hero truly is a man worthy of praise.

seles klarth.jpg

Health Points 20/20

Spirit Energy 50/50

The first one to speak up was the quietest one of the group as far as she was concerned. Antarah's profile on the man named Archus was slightly more extensive and was given a much better recommendation than most present, though that was not a difficult accomplishment considering many were trained as mercenaries. Archus on the other hand was a Paladin of the Holy Alliance Church, the founders of A.S.A.R.M., probably the worlds foremost leading researchers into modernized healing. He also was someone who had turned down a field commissions authorized by Lieutenant Sarah Milliarium for his Tenure with the Swords, and his recent actions involving downing a Winged Drake, and hunting down a pack of Wargs.

" I didn't fail at anything Mr. Barriye. I simply withheld the information. But since you asked, I have no qualms about letting you all know what I am told." she reasoned. " The reason why the Vanguard Initiative exists is to circumvent the limitations placed by the governments in the North. Commander Genzah came to the Kingdoms with nothing but his sword, dedicating himself to helping in any way possible to end the 500 years True Blood Wars. Many royal delegates were amused by the Commanders desire. ' A foreigner, from the South no less coming to give us aid in OUR war. ' They gave him permission to participate thinking the battlefield would deal with his idealistic self. They didn't realize he was a former Commander of the Way. I didn't know what that was, but it seemed a pretty big deal to them. "

" Soon enough he had gathered together a small army and went on to become a shield to the unprotected and forgotten hamlets and towns of the Kensington Coastal region and Norhad Plains region. Long story short, the royal delegates were not laughing any longer, so they burdened the Commander with Kingdom Affairs fearing that simply throwing out of the continent would bring about a wrathful response from those he protected. With the Vanguard Initiative, his progress has simply been slowed, and not halted as the royals would want it."

As she finished speaking, a boisterous question came from the unshaven giant. The profile she received about him was barebones. Apparently he was not a member of the guild for very long. Seles could tell this on account of the question he posed. " Mr... Pendergast was it?" she said peeking into the file. " If you had been here longer, that would qualify as a stupid question. This is not the military, but there is a structure and chain of command. I have not earned your trust as a leader, and you all have not earned my respect. The chain of command puts those aside so that we can work together. "

The last person to ask a question was Grifyn. Seles expected whatever came out of his mouth to be worth less than burnt grass but chose to respond anyway. " Mr. Varelle. If ever Mr. Barriye loses his shield, I will simply throw you at him. " she concluded. " Stay or Leave! Final call. "

TAG: Hachi Machi Hachi Machi = Jack Rakan Jack Rakan = Andromeda Arc Andromeda Arc = Reinhardt Reinhardt = Tardy Grade Tardy Grade = MsPolite MsPolite = Proletariat Proletariat

Donar(link for profile later)
Nohrad swords HQ Milestone Fortress
-----------------------------

Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser

During this meeting, Donar seemed to be one of the very few people who were more or less aghast about the mission. But he understood very well why she would say these things. Though important there was no real need for so many people for such a place. The chances of most people dying there are higher than the Mistress of the Moon wiping the whole of the Nohrad swords out.

But there was something off about this, you dont simply gather people to go to the Contested region like some sort of leisure trip.

Ad as expected, there was discord. The only one showing some reason was Archus. After she said her piece, Donar stepped forward, "As you may know, I am Lieutenant Donar. Field Captain Seles, as I myself, fought in the Contested region, I only have few things to ask. Which part of the Region are we going, the east or the west? One is worse than the other. Despite the side, I'll have my sword at the ready.

He honestly hoped that he worded that correctly. He was more or less stationed in the more western of areas and fought in only two of the bloodier parts of that place.

upload_2017-7-15_12-17-57-png.332178

As Giacomo listened to Seles' speech, he perceived her comments as direct attacks towards his prior statements. His calculating nature was on edge now, and he began to rethink his prior reasons for joining the organization. He only joined the organization to obtain information on the dead Norhad Soldier. While thinking about his dilemma, he reached into his pockets, and he clenched onto the identification tag that was previously owned by the dead Norhad Soldier, which Giacomo found in the mines. Then, a thought appeared, telling Giacomo to ask Seles about the tag. If he committed to the action, surely Seles would have to oblige in order to save public face amidst the other Norhad Swords. However, if she ignored Giacomo, and she told him to leave, Giacomo would lose his current position, meaning he'd lack any secured means of attaining information. His thoughts paced back and forth. At one point, his mind suggested that he become a spy. During the day, he would actively help out the Norhad Swords, but during the night, Giacomo could secretly search the Norhad headquarters. These thoughts manifested into his mind, while others asked their questions to Seles. Then, another idea popped into his mind and it was more devilish than the rest. The scheme involved Giacomo betraying the others during a mission, leaving them to die. It was simple, if he was the sole survivor, he could easily make up a fake report to grant him intel. However, there were potential consequences too. He decided to discard that scheme in order to plan something that was less risky. That plan entailed that he would work hard and succeed in his duties in order to advance his position within the Norhad Swords. Still, his own survival was important too, meaning he couldn't force himself to be a hero. When Giacomo ultimately stopped coming up with different plans, he placed his remaining focus on listening to the other's questions.

The first to offer a question was none other than Barriye, an older, stocky man who wore intense, heavy armor. Giacomo questioned Barriye's response in his mind. Clearly, Barriye was correct that Seles failed to mention the reason for the Vanguard's creation, but Giacomo remembered there was no mention of the Vanguard's task. Giacomo's intuition was empty regarding the Vanguard's duties. He thought, what would the Norhad Swords do in the vanguard compared to other squads? Then, it hit Giacomo like a brick. Barriye's veteran status meant he understood the Vanguard's duties. Now, Giacomo felt that was a good question to ask. When Barriye's question was answered, Giacomo added another question on top of Barriye's own, "Captain Klarth. What exactly do members of the Vanguard do? Judging by your response to Mr. Barriye, I'm assuming that we'll partake in covert operations, but what do these operations entail?"

The questions that followed Barriyes' own were less intelligent, but they gave Giacomo insight to Pendergast and Varelle's personalities. Giacomo acknowledged that Pendergast enjoyed getting a rise out of others, and that the other, Varelle, seemed rather carefree. Varelle's encouragement to Pendgergast's question along with Varelle's flirtatious question differentiated his personality in comparison to the other Norhad Swords. The hoots that followed after their own comments solidified their status as respected men, at least, to the other mercenaries. In Giacomo's eyes, the way Seles responded to Pendergast was expected, firm and concise. On the other hand, when Seles spoke to Varelle, she expressed a joke and threat in her words. It struck Giacomo that the woman's personality wasn't as concrete as he originally thought.

Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser

Last edited:
Archus Barriye

attachment.php

'So the Vanguard exists to further the goal of ending the True Blood Wars... A commendable initiative, albeit ambitious. Antarah may be an idealist, but he also isn't the type to stare up into the stars without his feet planted on the ground. He must see a way out of this bloody conflict that others don't. This feels like something the Keepers are calling me too, although it will need serious prayer time. I do not think Antarah would have placed me here if he thought I'd be in a position where I could not obey an order that Seles gave me. Especially on missions as sensitive as these, the unit will need to operate like clockwork, no room for questioning orders...'

While others thought about their own answer, or tried to get more information out of Captain Klarth, Archus was busy trying to settle the internal conflict afflicting him. The Paladin felt this cause had the potential to be truly worth his life and his effort, but he also knew that subversive tactics like they would be employing could require him to do something that would violate his faith, something he would not do. If it came down to it, he would compromise the entire mission before shaming himself in the eyes of the Keepers. Having core, infallible principles was a difficult thing to live with in the era of the True Blood Wars. Although gambling violated his faith, Archus knew joining the Vanguard would be a roll of the dice for him, more lives than his own would depend on his performance. Even more so than on a regular NS mission. Archus wrestled with the idea for minutes after Seles answered his question, but finally he made a decision. When the Captain made her final call, Archus stepped forward and gave his new Captain a respectful nod.

"I'm in." The veteran Paladin responded. He was less confident about the decision than his demeanor showed, but his mind was made up, and the faith of a Paladin is a very hard thing to change.

Reinhardt Reinhardt Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser Hachi Machi Hachi Machi Tardy Grade Tardy Grade

seles klarth.jpg

Health Points 20/20

Spirit Energy 50/50

Antarah had further assigned lieutenant Donar to the Vanguard Initiative. The Lieutenant was the only person present with any experience in the contested region and formal training at a knight academy, but not knighted. " According to my report it has been several months since you last went to the contested region. Or perhaps you are receiving information I am not privy to. In any case, it will not matter much Lieutenant. We must go where we are needed. Your experience is a welcome aspect."

Giacomo asked a question regarding further details about the mission. " Mr. Balla. For an answer to that question, you will be required to accept the program and responsibility. " It seemed that the majority had left and what was left were the ones that were willing to join the Initiative for whatever reason. Hearing a few of them verbally admit their willingness was enough to convince her that the ones who were here were it.

" Very well. Let us talk about responsibilities and combat formation. Although I am Field Captain, under orders of Commander Genzah, I am the senior officer in charge. However, Lieutenant Donar is in charge if I am unable to command. He is also our Mission Specialist given his time and experience in the contested region. Your combat formation is the Center Left while mine is Center Right. Although relatively new, Leira Laramy is 2nd officer and also Field Medic. Your position is Center Center. Mr. Varelle and Mr. Pendergast, you are our scouts, Front Left and Right. Finally the Rear Center and watching all our backs is Mr. Barriye."

Seles walked towards an unmarked scout ship before stopping. " This is my vessel. It's currently disguised as a merchant transport ship. I don't want prying eyes wandering aboard, so you'll all have to load it yourselves. " She then pointed to a large amount of cargo that was off to the side ready to be placed aboard. " Once we get underway we will have an immediate mission briefing. "

TAG: Reinhardt Reinhardt = Jack Rakan Jack Rakan = Tardy Grade Tardy Grade = Andromeda Arc Andromeda Arc = Proletariat Proletariat = MsPolite MsPolite

Users who are viewing this thread

Back