• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Tower Of God

Yu Mi-Ra

I'm looking for people interested in a Tower Of God roleplay. I don't have a set plot in mind yet but I do have a few ideas.
The first idea is about a group of newbies into the tower all who are chosen to enter. This will basically be more about the test they will face and how they get through it, will then help each other out or will they try and tear each other down.

My second idea is something that's slightly less canon, something that is very unlikely to happen in the actual Manhwa but I personally think it would be interesting. It's about what would happen if a whole group of Irregular's happened to enter all at the same time. Maybe it's a group of them all with one set goal maybe it's all individuals who all happened to find their own way inside. With this everyone would be extremely powerful to start with.

If any of those two ideas sounds good to you please let me know, if not then please suggest your own ideas.
I also want to point out I am not fully up-to-date I just wondered if anyone else would be interested in this.
Tower of God centers around a boy called Twenty-Fifth Bam, who has spent his life trapped beneath a mysterious tower. Chasing after his best friend, he manages to open a door into the Tower, and faces challenges at each floor of this tower as he tries to find his companion.

The Tower
In the webtoon, "The Tower" is a mysterious structure that is completely enclosed and hosts many unique environments. It is permeated by an element called "Shinsu", which has strange properties similarly to magic in other comic universes. It is inhabited by many different intelligent species. Living on the top floors is associated with a higher status in the Tower and better living conditions. This is a result of ascension from one floor to the next being only allowed by passing increasingly difficult tests of strength, dexterity and wit. A top of the Tower sit the "10 Big Families" which form the governing body of the Tower, with king Jahad as chief leader.

Each floor is composed of three layers: an external Outer Tower which serves as the residential area, an Inner Tower where people are tested, and a Middle Area, which acts as a network linking each floor. Residents of each floor are given the chance to ascend, provided that they are deemed "worthy" of doing so by Headon, the First Floor's Guardian and caretaker of the Tower. Such people are referred to as "Chosen Regulars" in Tower of God. The Tower is sealed from the vast, unknown "Outside" by portentous, impenetrable doors. On rare occasions, extraordinary people are able to open the doors and enter the Tower. Such people are called "Irregulars" in the webtoon, and protagonist Twenty-Fifth Baam is one of them.

According to the author, each floor is the size of the North American continent.

Shinsu
Shinsu, roughly translated as "Divine Water", is a substance found within the Tower in varying concentrations on each floor. On the lower floors, Shinsu is diffuse and inconspicuous, similar to air. However, on higher floors, Shinsu increases in power and concentration, and is said to be viscous and flowing similarly to water. High Shinsu resistance is required to enter these floors. Residents in the tower must form a contract with the "administrator" of the respective floors in order to manipulate Shinsu. However, individual known as "Irregulars" seem to be an exception to this case, with one (Enryu) who even managed to kill a seemingly immortal administrator of a floor.

Shinsu can be manipulated to enhance physical abilities, power weapons, and even manipulate the elements.

Positions
Battle in the tower is done as a team. A position is a role each person plays in battle. There are five basic positions; fisherman, spear-bearer, light-bearer, scout, and wave-controller.

Fisherman
Fishermen carry out individual activity. They have the highest destructive force. They use reel inventories to disable opponents, and are at the center of battle. They are divided into two classes; reel fishermen and Man-to-Man fishermen. Reel fishermen use their reel inventory to attack enemies from a medium range, and Man-to-man fishermen who attack from a close range.

Fishermen are usually given the names of Shinheuh (specifically fish species). For example: Yuri Zahard's sobriquet is the Black Snakehead/Mullet.

Spear-bearer
This position utilizes spears to target enemy from the back to finish off what fishermen had started. Anyone who attacks from a distance is categorized as a spear-bearer even if they utilizes other weapons apart from spears, for example shinsu. Spear-bearers can be further classified by their combat styles, whether they are better at throwing the spears like javalins at a close range or fighting at close range with the spears.

Light-bearer
Light bearers light up the dark tower. They use mostly glowing objects called "lighthouses" to collect battle data, analyze it, formulates plans and feed it to the team. Lighthouses are made of suspendium (mineral that enables things to float in high concentrations of shinsu) They are used to gather battle data, and to light up the tower, since most battles in the tower are fought in dark places. Light-bearers can assume either a frontal or rear position. While they take the frontal position, they participate in battle whilst controlling the lighthouses. When assuming the rear position, they gathers data from a distance. They act as a battle command center, giving orders, getting feedback from teammates, and making up new strategies.

Scout
Scouts scout ahead at the very front line of battle. They use devices called observers to read the changes of Shinsu, collect visual data, aid the light bearer, and ultimately to assist fisherman when he charges. They usually arm lightly, for they need high mobility. Since they always move in the front line, they have the highest risk of being in a one-to-many situation, and they learn skills for survival.

Wave controller
Wave controllers control shinsu to assist in battle or overpower opponents. They are the rarest of the five basic positions. This position comes in a lot of variations. Some use shinsu to actively attack enemies at the front line, and others use shinsu to change the flow of battle. There are those who use shinsu in close quarters combat, and those who attack from a distance.

Guide
Guides are a special position. They lead the way for the team, and are said to have been 'blessed' by the tower. Especially skilled guides are said to be able to predict the future, or sometimes even 'change' it. They can analyze an opponent's power, skills and etc. There are two known species which are capable of guiding; silver dwarves and red witches.

Irregular
An Unchosen Irregular, more commonly known as simply an Irregular, is someone who was not selected from within the Middle and Outer Towers to climb the Tower through Headon's normal selection of Regulars, but who entered the First Floor from the outside.

I would be interested! I'm not fully up-to-date with ToG either; it's been a while since I picked it up and I'm about 50 episodes behind from the Webtoon releases, but hopefully that won't be detrimental. I think that the second idea with the Irregulars sounds very intriguing as well, but both ideas are fine by me, as I'm sure they'd both work out great. ^^

Oh oh oh! I'm very interested in this. Either idea works for me, though I have to admit the second draws my mind in more. Hopefully this is still a thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back