Touhou!

Don't know if I'd call myself a fan, but I played TH6 and I thought it was pretty fun! I wanted to check out others in the series, but I never finished TH6, and then my laptop stopped working. Someday, I'll probably try again.

Capriccio said:
Don't know if I'd call myself a fan, but I played TH6 and I thought it was pretty fun! I wanted to check out others in the series, but I never finished TH6, and then my laptop stopped working. Someday, I'll probably try again.
Touhou 6 has a lot of the major characters in the fandom, and many of the games before it haven't actually been fully translated.

I rarely "finish" a Touhou game myself though...usually end up dying and running out of continues. :P I can only complete a few of them anyway.

Gladius said:
Touhou 6 has a lot of the major characters in the fandom, and many of the games before it haven't actually been fully translated.
I rarely "finish" a Touhou game myself though...usually end up dying and running out of continues. :P I can only complete a few of them anyway.
Yeah, I did know about a couple of characters before playing. I think the ones before 6 were made for an outdated computer model or something too?

I was actually doing a no continue run because of a comment I read that said using one would give you a bad end... in retrospect, that wasn't a smart choice for my first time playing

Capriccio said:
Yeah, I did know about a couple of characters before playing. I think the ones before 6 were made for an outdated computer model or something too?
I was actually doing a no continue run because of a comment I read that said using one would give you a bad end... in retrospect, that wasn't a smart choice for my first time playing
Yup, if you use even one continue you'll get a bad end...

But guess what, if you finish the game with no continues, but you win on Easy mode? Still get a bad end. :P

It's Normal mode or nothing!

In fact, I remember that Easy mode on TH6 didn't even let you make it through to the last stage.

Gladius said:
Yup, if you use even one continue you'll get a bad end...
But guess what, if you finish the game with no continues, but you win on Easy mode? Still get a bad end. :P

It's Normal mode or nothing!

In fact, I remember that Easy mode on TH6 didn't even let you make it through to the last stage.
I remember that. On the screen where you select the mode, Easy had 5 stages, but the rest had 6. I went on Normal right off the bat because of that. Kind of funny, because I usually choose Easy on most video games.

Touhou fan here :D I played the embodiment of scarlet devil and scarlet rhapsody and imperishable night

MrNeko said:
Touhou fan here :D I played the embodiment of scarlet devil and scarlet rhapsody and imperishable night
Imperishable Night is great, I replayed it a few times.

I think it's one of the few where you can get a good ending on Easy (though you have to win the game twice) so one of the few I did manage to finish.

I haven't really been following the games closely as of late, but the arrangements from a bunch of doujin circles have always clogged my Youtube playlist. As far as soundtracks go, I was very underwhelmed by the one for LoLK (I don't even remember the name lol I'm sorry if that abbreviation is wrong). I feel like PCB was my favorite, especially since I've played it the most. I still suck at Touhou though xD , but it's so addicting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back