• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings tooth on the lookout for a rp partner to harass my oc's

tooth

it/its
hello hello HELLO
i'm tooth (it/its)! i'm a designer, illustrator, gamedev, and storyteller. i love making oc's and putting them in new settings, but recently i've been hyperfixated on a handful of OC's i'm interested in playing! i'd love to pair them up with the right OC of yours in a setting we're both interested in and develop some long term plots! personally a big fan of recontextualizing old OC's into new situations and if you're into doing the same, i think we can have fun!
i work from home and use rp as my main destressor, so i'm definitely capable of taking on multiple rp partners and replying quickly. i try to reply as soon as i see a response, with the rare occasion i am out of writing energy, in which case i'll let you know i'll be a bit longer!

WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR:​

1. 18+ only please! i'm in my 20s and only really comfortable rping with people around my age
  2. original characters only! sorry, just not much of a fandom person! i am cool with fan characters provided they're ported into an original setting
  3. someone ok with variable lengths! i'm more than capable of writing out extensive posts but tend to reserve that for pivotal moments, monologues, or exposition. i very much appreciate a quick back-and-forth with one to two lines of dialog to develop a rapport between our characters. if you're cool with that, awesome!
  4. open communication. i am very insistent on clearing the air when it comes to comfort levels between the both of us, as well as expectations for how we want a scene to play out, a relationship to develop, etc! this goes both ways and i am always open to ooc in order to hash things out or even just chat!

GENRES AND THEMES I LIKE​

• horror settings! when something is Off or horrible things lie in wait. i like silent hill, SCP, and yume nikki as reference
  • monsters! people who become monsters and everything that means, or monsters who become people, or monsters who stay monsters and defy all humanity
  • identity issues! i like to write about characters who are either sure of who they are and have that idea violently upended, or had no idea of it in the first place and have to find themselves
  • gender and queerness! i love queer romance and trans/nonbinary characters. in terms of romance, i'm looking particularly for MxM, MxNB, or NBxNB!
  • meta narratives! stories about the nature of stories themselves, what it means to tell a story, and how the telling of those stories can affect our characters

and onto the OC's!​

Devion Hickory (he/him)

E0tc6ueVoAIjXnG
Ew-T0d6XAAUz60L
by https://twitter.com/hydragyrium/

(two left most by me, right most by hydragyrium)
Devion is a bastard and a half. A rich kid with a curse that causes his blood to crystalize the second it leaves his veins, his life is forever predetermined by either his inherited onus in life or the chaos god that disrupts his life at every opportunity. He learned a long time ago that kindness gets you nowhere, so he doesn't even try to put up any fronts. His iterations range from him being a hitman with an exploded head, to a law student with a gang of fellow assholes as his unhealthy friendships, to a corrupted and caged entity of chaos that must be imprisoned for the good of the world. His themes revolve around giving into the decay of himself for the sake of it, struggling for control over a life where he'll never have it, and hitting rock bottom because he deserves it.
Identifies as bisexual.

Potential Stories
  • Him as a hit-man falling for a mark who he can never beat in a fight.
  • Business rivals, the rival uncovering his seedy, illegal (and perhaps eldritch) dealings.
  • Toxic relationship in general
  • any other ideas you think could work!

Barren (he/they)​

image.png
Eed8887WsAIFOPc.jpg:large

(by me)
Barren was a once gentle soul that has been twisted and broken by having his home, family, and future killed before them. They travel about, kindness still present but an ever brewing anger and vengeance hidden just under the surface. His world has been torn from him, so he is often lost and listless, though still swears to bring pain to the person who did this to him. An engineer by trade, he has more recently learned violence as a means of expression. Their themes include finding humanity in themself again through love and care, relying on violence when at a loss for other expression, and losing everything only to find something new.
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
Identifies as a gay man.

Potential Stories
  • Your character as the person who took everything from him, a co-dependent toxic relationship where the toxicity is all each person has
  • A kind soul who sees him as someone wounded and in need of shelter
  • Other stories you may think of!

The Will of an Eccentric (they/them)

E3FQE3aX0AEcAym
EgiucsLWAAIg3UX
Ec5Dg6YXgAEusVN

(right & left by me, middle by cam collins)
The Will of an Eccentric is a peddler of curses. A broken, lost soul who gave up their name, their history, and their mortifying burden of being known in trade for seeing the way things truly are. A curse is a truth as the world sees it. You can be cursed with sight, or with blindness. Cursed with life or with death. Will is one of few Peddlers capable of seeing these truths, little red strings wound up in a person that they are able to pluck out and rewind and tuck away into their pocket. It has to be an even trade, though. You can't just give your soul away for free, it's bad business.
Will travels through worlds and realms in their shapeshifting wagon, pulled along by nothing and as forgettable as they, themselves, are. Meeting Will is a gamble on whether or not you'll remember the encounter, as they act as a hole in the world that things simply fall into. They are severely malnourished and don't consider themself enough of a person, or even a body, to need taking care of. They would love to do business with you, provided you don't remember the deal. Their themes revolve around seeing beauty in the worst of things, allowing yourself to be known for the good of it, and learning self-care from a place of depersonalization.

Potential Stories
  • Will is not the only Peddler out there. There are others, though rare, who can see and unwind curses. In fact, one of these peddlers would be more than capable of simply severing the curse that keeps Will out of their memory...
  • Though they wish to not be known, sometimes they will pick up a hitchhiker. The wagon travels to worlds untraveled, and you are along for the ride in the Will of an Eccentric's wagon, until it one day drops you off where you were going, the memory of your journey gone to you.
  • For some reason or another, your character can remember Will against all of their carefully wound strands of obscurity. You run into each other again and again, and Will must cope with gaining a friend.
  • ... and once again, any other idea you may come up with!
aaaand that's it for now! feel free to let me know if you have any questions about my oc's, plots, or rping with me in general!
🦷

Last edited:
Hey there! If it’s still open I’d LOVE to play against Will (potentially as another magical NB character?)

updated the main post with a new OC! still looking; would be nice to get some mxm rp in the mix!

I love to roleplay something with Devion in it if you want! For reference, I also have a love of the SCP Foundation and am definitely down to either do something in that universe or something similar! And I'm 100% with MxM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back