• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Too Close to the Edge

NekoQueen49

女王の猫
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Private rp between @Guardian Demon and I

It was loud city with rampant crime. It was the perfect cover for the more predatory supernaturals. They could cover up their evil doings from the increasingly dangerous humans by forming gangs, disguised as humans. Anything went save for one rule: Keep the secret safe. A rule that was agreed upon between all of the gangs for it was mutually beneficial.

However, this secret was close to being exposed. And we can't have that, can we?

Several murmuring voices shushed as Eric brushed past. He didn't like it. So many years he had kept the secret and now it was soon to be revealed because of just one puny human? His upper lip twitched, revealing his teeth in disgust.

He looked down at the papers in front of him. It would be too suspicious than if the police chief went missing, no matter how crazy his theory seemed. No, it would only further cement other's suspicions. Rather... it was more cunning to take someone precious to him. Widowed, with only a daughter remaining. They must be close. Afterall, she was all he had. "The girl," Eric drawled.

"Master?" His loyal companion, Rupert, stirred. His light blonde hair shown even still in the dim lighting.

"Get me his daughter," he elaborated cooly.

"It will be done, milord."

Katherine's eyes wide as she searched for her guard in the crowd behind, but couldn't find any just as she expected. It's funny that she felt a bit unsettling now given how she against the idea of having personal guards at first, time passed and the guards have done a good job not getting in her sight so she had pretty much gotten used to it. Kat bit her lip as she strolled through the road to her college class, the crime rate in her city has raised quite a bit since she started the college, it put a lot of strain on her father and also affected her somehow, lately, she has tried not to walk alone on the street. But now she has to assure herself that the absence of her guard is nothing but the fact that they were doing a very good job.

Sniffing out the trail with his superior sense of smell, Rupert stalked the young girl silently. Poised upon the tops of buildings, he gracefully floated down. Among the scenery, the vampire caught a glimpse of several humans. The dull guards set up to protect her were easy to dispatch. They might as well not even bothered. In the dead of night, it was practically nothing for Rupert to wrap the cloth containing chloroform around her face. His smile widened to reveal his sharp fangs that gleamed predatorily in the moonlight.

Katherine turned around one last time to check her guards, still no sight of them. Then suddenly everything turned black, all of her strength was sucked out of her body. It happened too fast for her thought process, she can't even panic before losing her concious.

(Sorry for short post, not much to write (':3))

(I just left it there in case you wanted her to resist. I didn't want to Godmod, you know?)

Pleased that it didn't take much, Rupert easily lifted her limp body over his shoulder. He jumped up up onto the roofs to escape the humans' sight and ran along them back to the headquarters.

Once he entered, only a few of the more nosier vampires turned their heads. It wasn't such an odd occurrence for someone, even the second in command, to bring a human back. Some wanted a person to toy with while some of the more level headed like Rupert and Eric just wanted someone to drink from. However, to some, it was rather strange to see Rupert bringing a woman back since they weren't his usual... preference, for lack of better words.

Rupert tossed the girl on the floor, none-too-gently. Eric regarded her coldly and without emotion. "Take her to my room. There might be some other uses for her. In the meantime, send a message out to her father. Tell him that she will be returned when he backs off." Rupert nodded and started by picking her up again. In the room, he threw her in the dark room and onto the black leather couch. There wasn't a bed to set her on as Eric preferred the old standby of a coffin unlike most of the younger vampires who opted for UV resistant windows instead. She was left alone, and the door unlocked. Vampires could tell humans by scent and Rupert could rely on any one of the ones outside to catch her if she tried to escape by door and any windows were already sealed away by bricks. There he left her to complete his other orders.

Kat's eyes slid open. She looked up to the ceiling, dazzled and dizzy. "Where the..." she murmured, and second later, remembered what had happened and quickly looked around in panic. Perhaps someone saw me unconscious on the street and... She thought, but this room didn't look any familiarity at all and she may as well panic if some stranger was "kind" enough to take her to their room. Katherine jumped off the couch and tried to search for the phone in her pocket. Still there... but no signal. "Well... Can't remember any horror movie where the damn phones work properly". Her comment was far calmer than her state of mind right now. Yet, she could still stand firmly on her feet to check out the room, probably due to the drug effect still affected her mind.

It didn't take long for her to find a coffin, which was neatly prepared in a corner. Is this a morgue? Am I dead yet? She quickly dismissed these thoughts, partly because she had seen quite a number of morgues. Her mom passed away since she was just a child, so most of her childhood was spent with her father, who cheerfully introduced her to his line of work. He was a good man, though not so much of a good father. "Oh well..." Kat started to be alarmed. "Now I was kidnapped to some stranger's room, who apparently might have a weird fetish involves coffin and kidnapping young girl... who also covered every window with... bricks?"

"OK! That's funny enough, now let me out of here! Do you know who my father is?" She shouted while hitting the door with her hands. If there was something she could be too sure to bother to check, it's the door was locked nicely by the kidnapper.

It took Eric several hours to finish with his duties and to have a quick snack before entering his room. He didn't forget that the woman was there. In fact, if Eric had, he would have probably taken his snack back to his room. However, he regarded her coolly and in a gaze that sized one up after he knocked her back from slamming her fists against the door and causing an overall ruckus. His emerald eyes absorbed her smaller form, to her dark hair, to her amethyst eyes, to her childish, rounder face and then to her more womanly body. Attractive. Maybe her could have more fun with her than he previously thought.

Though, of course, none of these thoughts showed on his controlled face where he maintained pure apathy. "If you're going to survive here, you must follow these rules," Eric began in a bored voice. This speech was apparent to anyone that it was well worn and the vampire hated every time he had to repeat it. "One, do as I say, when I say it. No arguments. Two, you are nothing more than a blood bag. You mean nothing. Keep that to heart and remember it with everything you do. Three, no questions," he began walking over to the couch, past the girl and sat down. "You have no idea how tired I am of the repetitive questions of 'Where am I?', 'Who are you?', and 'What are you planning on doing to me?' This is no place you need concern yourself, I am Eric and I am planning on keeping you as a hostage. And as for the common follow up 'What are you?', I am a vampire. No, it is not a joke so don't even ask me if I'm joking. I'm tired of that one too. Moving on, four. Feel free to try and escape but you won't get far and you will be punished. However, I will allow one freebie if you want to test me."

Katherine screamed and fell down, and for a moment was shocked as she looked up at the pale skin man who just mercilessly knocked her off. Of course, she thought, what else could it be? Coffin in a windowless room, so this guy want to play vampirewell, the world just never have enough of those weird twilight fan… Kat struggled to lift herself up from the ground, with a deep groan, she fell down again from the pain in her left arm.

“Gosh! If you don’t intend to kill me then help me up, don’t just look!” Kat screeched at him and at the same time she sincerely hoped that despite whatever his reason is, he is trying to act a gentle vampire like those in the fiction she read. Then again, the pain inflicted by his fragile arm told her otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric raised an eyebrow. At least it's better than the stupid questions... But I hate the feisty ones. Too difficult to control, he thought with annoyance. "Why would I help a lowly blood bag? Did you not hear me before?" He waved a hand in a dismissal of her anger. After all, who was she to think that she could speak to him in such a manner? "Now, come here," he commanded in a tone that didn't broach any argument.

"Wha...why? What do you want?" she stammered, refusing to stand up "If you want money or something like that, then... then just leave me alone, Ok?" But she really doubted it's gonna happen, this guy didn't seem to be a gentle one at all. And the situation will only get worse in time since she knew her father won't give her kidnapper whatever he's after, he was the head of the police after all. She shuddered to think of what this man may do when he find out her father won't negotiate with him.

Eric tilted his head at her. She seemed uncertain about the money situation. To make sure of what she was implying, Eric asked, "What if I did want money? How much are you willing to offer?" In reality, Eric couldn't care less. He was already well off and there wasn't much that he wanted that could be bought. Well, that wasn't true but that wasn't what he wanted from her.

"Huh?" That certainly wasn't the reply Katherine expected. Although if it's true that what he wanted was money, she would be safe for now, at least before he finds out how hard it is to take money from a police chief. "Well," A moment of relief appeared on her face "how much do you want anyway?"

(What's with you? @Christojc )

Last edited by a moderator:
"How much are you willing to offer?" Eric repeated, crossing his legs. His emerald eyes peered at the raven haired child with a raised brow. She wasn't going to get far by playing with him. Nobody ever did. What was up with that relief, anyway?

"Will you satisfied if I say as much as you need?" Katherine tried to give him a friendly smile, how effective it was she didn't know, but it sure gained her some little confidence she needs right now. "Look... I don't know if you already knew it or not but, well, my father happens to be the Police Chief, you can check if you like..." she stopped for a while, waiting for his expression, then continued "Um, not gonna lie, I have a kind of... terrible memory, so if you like... just let me go I may don't even know if I walk by you on the street..."

(Slow reply cuz my internet is being maintained)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back