Anime & Manga Tokyo Ghoul season three (TG:re) confirmed [MS]

Queen Estara

Fifty characters huh?
And it's ALREADY set up for failure for several reasons. Root A, the second season was a massive failure that didn't form an even remotely coherent story as opposed to the manga. It had plot-holes left and right. It left much to be desired. Kaneki's personality was nonexistent, like how he broke 103 of Ayato's bones in the manga to show how he's done with the abuse, so he's dishing out pain now. But in the anime he joined Aogiri? WHAT?! Who's Shachi Kamishiro again? That rando that whoops Kaneki in Cochlea? You probably have no idea who he is, and you won't. Because it's never explained. There are A LOT of problems. Like how they killed Hide off, but in :re he comes back as Scarecrow. And what about Haise? Does he just magically appear? Because Arima never fought him above ground, or in front of other Doves for that matter. It was underground in V14.

Ugh.

Inbound for another horrible adaptation. We needed a reboot, and got an impossible adaptation that suddenly forgets about much they cut, and all the never explained important plot points.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see how badly they mess this one up.
So I listen to chibi reviews and he essentially revealed the plot hole cluster fuck that is the end of season 2 of the anime and how it contradicts the entirety of tokyo ghoul re, if this scarecrow character is truly important. xD

I have some hope because unlike the original TG. TG:Re is a lot more condensed and chapter-wise its shorter than TG. TG and TG Root A tried to cover the entire story in 25 episodes which is where they went wrong. They definitely needed a 3rd season in order to really cover all the content, but in the end they had to make a bunch of cuts and changes to the story in order to fit it into the small run time they were aiming for. A lot of the story is more condensed than the original TG, which would make it easier to hopefully translate it into a coherent 25 episode series. Though if the animators are going to stick to the philosophy of "Let's shove this story together in 12 episodes and hope for the best" then I really don't have hope for it being successful.

I think it's less of "jam-packed story" and more of "jam-packed money" at this point. :re may or may not be finished by the time 2018 rolls around, but that means they still have to take ~150 chapters of it and condense it into 25 episodes, once again. If it's anything like what they did to √A, it's going to be more or less of them just trying to take parts they think will look cool alongside parts that are absolutely pointless.

What they really need is for this next season to cover more of what happened in √A manga-wise.

I think it's less of "jam-packed story" and more of "jam-packed money" at this point. :re may or may not be finished by the time 2018 rolls around, but that means they still have to take ~150 chapters of it and condense it into 25 episodes, once again. If it's anything like what they did to √A, it's going to be more or less of them just trying to take parts they think will look cool alongside parts that are absolutely pointless.

What they really need is for this next season to cover more of what happened in √A manga-wise.
They'd be best off just adapting :re accurately and let the anime only people figure it out themselves or read the manga. There's no way they can fit it all into just a few cours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back