• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tokyo Ghoul: Dark Days

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

The Shadow Realm

Leader of The Shadow Realm

1519776984189.png

DevotedScarceHare-size_restricted.gif

Two conflicting sides

In this world the most sentient creatures are divided into two classes, Human and Ghoul. Ghouls have been our mortal enemy ever since we diverged in evolution, and are monsters that only seek to kill us. All around us there are innocents being maimed and murdered in cold blood, only to fuel monsters in place of men. In what way are we supposed to coexist with another being who uses us as cattle? If they ever had the chance to overtake us in terms of power, we'd become nothing more than a beef cow to their masses. It is our goal as the CCG and the Doves to eradicate these monsters before us ourselves are eradicated. In terms of life, no ghouls can come before our species own. If we must eradicate their entire race in order to preserve ours, then that's exactly what we'll do.

The main issue regarding ghouls is the factor that they can disguise themselves near perfectly as our kind. If we are to eradicate them without harming innocents, there needs to be proper evidence in hand in order to commence a wiping operation. It is our sworn duty to protect the people, which makes those ghoulish bastards our sworn enemies.
[/font]

Give their views of one another

Our entire lives we live in the backbeat of society's drums. In terms of life, ours is far harsher than that of the picturesque ones of the human populous. Each day we go out into the world fearing we may one day not return to our children, or return back to see our children gone instead due to the goddamn CCG. Due to us living our lives being hunted like animals we don't think years at a time, rather what is happening at the current second. Why waste time on planning for the future if you may never even make it to mornings light?

It is true that we kill humans, but unlike the media makes it out to be we usually don't do it for fun. Most is the keyword here. We do it in order to survive, as without human flesh our bodies rot away with the going months. Have humans even felt how its like to have your insides being eaten by itself, because in our reality it is all too common. We don't have the luxury to go out and eat whatever we want, as human food does nothing besides weaken our bodies due to us not being able to digest it. If it is a crime to live the only lives we've been given, I honestly could care fucking less. In this world we are perceived as monsters, however all we want is to live. It just so happens we must kill in order for that to be done. If we have to kill a few in order to save our own kind from a bitter demise we must do it, for our own innocents are dying due to humanity's misconduct. Our numbers are faltering more by each passing night, so those among us must live to see another tomorrow.

Such is the fate of our cursed existence.

[/font]

Last edited:

1520732176296.png

original.gif

Mood

“I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

Slightly on edge due to stress and lack of sleep, probably best not to push him too far. If you want to phrase it better you can just call him irritable.

“I’m not gonna lie, I might be a ghoul but I have morals. You’re just a little girl, just go...” said Eiji under a shagged breath. “Just please run elsewhere, get help, just don’t stay. I can’t restrain it, this festering appetite is tearing me in two." Eiji inhaled a deep gasp and took a moment to think. "To me, you’re just a teenager, to this monster you’re a prime fucking steak. Do you not read me you goddamn morsel?” His speech was becoming more snarled as he spoke until it finally was nothing but animalistic guttural noises - apparently vanishing alongside his humanity. “I… tried… I… don’t… want… what… new… prey?!” Drool was now in place of his words as he glared at a new victim to sink his fangs into, the same girl he attempted to restrain himself for a few moments back.

"No, you can't... Stop!"

The words he said no longer made a sound, as the thing in place of his former self was no longer him. The creature that took it knew only destruction, and Eiji knew the girl stood no chance. “No don’t you fucking do it, she’s just a kid. We have a code, don't you dare!” Eiji was screaming out into a void of oblivion, hoping that the racket would somehow cause it to cease. The beast, to his dismay didn’t even flinch and soon gore was the only thing he could see through the lifeless eyes of the monster. All of it coming from a child. “What have you done? What have I done? Stop it you motherfucking ANIMAL! STOP US ALREADY!” Eiji continued to cry out, but alas it continued on as if it was fueled solely by the girl's shrieks. As each bit of flesh was torn off her body, her cries reverberated to Eiji from the outside in. Her outcries were the only noise he could overhear, and all he wanted it to do was end. “Please jus-"

“Excuse me, sir, your coffee is ready”, said a waitress while poking his cheek to get him up. "Huh?", Eiji uttered with a slightly confused tone of voice. "Your coffee, you ordered it a few minutes ago.", the waitress said as she slid it towards his limp body. "Oh yeah, sorry about that." his expression changed quite a bit as he began waking up, and he promptly took the mug of coffee into his grasp. "So it was all a dream I suppose, I mean I woke up from it afterall. If it is though, why did it feel so real? It felt as if I was in that very room myself...", he began to ponder to himself. As the server bustled away though, Eiji took a drawn-out sip from the mug, letting the bitter flavor flood over his tongue. "Not bad.." , Neilson said under his breath. It was honestly a pretty damn good cup of coffee, and he'd surely come here again if able.

As he took another slow sip from his mug, a T.V overhead flickered to life which displayed the local news channel. On it was a broadcast from the CCG services, and they were seemingly going over reported ghoul sightings.
"All across Tokyo, there has been an increased sighting of dangerous ghouls. These dangerous ghouls are also roaming types, which makes them harder than usual to pin down their exact location. One such roamer is the binge-eater known as "Blackguard". This ghoul is wanted on multiple counts of murder of CCG Operatives and civilians alike. He is not opposed to eating or killing anything in his way, and due to these factors is now declared an S rank."

"Another ghoul on the prowl is the S class known as Split. Although he has a lower body count than the former, he is known for cannibalizing on ghouls across the city. Despite his main prey being ghouls, he also seems to go after humans with a slightly higher rc count than normal. It is due to these reasons both of the ghouls are to be reported whenever possible. These creatures must be brought to justice." With the broadcast ending, the T.V shut itself off and resumed its slumber. As the T.V flickered off, Eiji glanced at his watch. "Hm, still morning. Guess I'll order another cup of coffee..."

Attachments

• 1520738590044.png
    1520738590044.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
~Kazuto Yubari~
"Here you are, Kazuto." Ahh, mornings. They were undoubtedly the best part of the day. This morning was particularly lovely, as a fair gathering of clouds in the sky had helped to block the sun's rather overwhelming brightness. The forecast depicted rain later on in the day, which was nothing to frown at either. Others may disagree, insisting it would be much nicer out on a warm sunny day with the birds chirping above. Though the teenager was not asking for the opinion of others..
"Thanks so much, Hiyori!" Kazuto thanked the waitress who had come over to deliver the boy his morning coffee. His smile beamed at the girl beside him. "You get to me almost as soon as I come in, you're a miracle worker!" He exclaimed before lifting the warm mug to his face and letting the aromatic liquid slip past his lips for the first sip. Amazing, as always..
"Well you come in almost every morning like clockwork, you're a pretty loyal customer of ours! Let me know if you need anything else, okay?" The waitress gave Kazuto a warm smile, and the boy had thanked her again before she stepped away. This was the teen's absolute favorite spot to begin his day. It was never overly crowded, and the service was always amazing. Humans truly are a delight in more than one sense of the word.
Taking another sip of the rich beverage, Kazuto's eyes gazed out the glass window he sat beside for a second. Clouds or shine, the city was always bustling about with people. With such a high population, it was no surprise that there were increased sightings of ghouls. Especially since many of them don't bother even trying to blend in with the general populace. Kazuto's eyes now turned, as the television began to broadcast the report of the increased ghoul sightings. S-ranked ghouls, binge-eaters.. Kazuto knew that this would bring further attention to his kind in a negative manner, as well as attract increased responses from the CCG. Which was bad news for every ghoul, docile or hostile. Kazuto let out a low sigh.
As the broadcast ended, the teen's attention once again shifted. This time, it went towards the only other customer in the shop, who had looked down at his watch to check the time. Kazuto sat diagonally from the other male, so the teen was able to see his face from a side-view. 'He's kind of handsome..'. At his own thought, Kazuto couldn't help but let out a quiet chuckle. The very idea of his attraction to other people was laughable. Although he appeared human on the outside, Kazuto was every bit of a monster as the television had made his kind out to be. He couldn't hope to find someone like
that in this life. It just wasn't the world he lived in.
Kazuto peered down into his mug, where the black fluid within shone back his reflection. In a shimmer, the reflection of his hazel eyes flashed a hue of crimson for just a moment. It's been several days now.. Tonight, Kazuto will have to make a 'run'. That's what he called it anyway.. The sound of 'hunt' in reference to chasing down defenseless humans wasn't as appealing..
The Shadow Realm The Shadow Realm

Last edited:
Blackguard
richard-1.jpg

Another day, another fight for survival. Marx had been hungry, so he’d gone out to get food. Unfortunately for the couple he’d ambushed, that involved brutally murdering humans. Well not necessarily brutally, but Marx wasn’t in the mood for being careful. That had its own repercussions, as he soon realised when finishing up the bloody corpses to see two doves running his way. The alley was wide for a decent fight, but staying too long would attract more investigators and with his recent activity being on even the public news, stronger CCG agents would come. And Marx was not prepared to risk his life when his goal was so close.

He had attained Rank S, which was a mere 2 ranks away from being the most powerful ghoul known to at least the city, if not the world. To throw that all away for the sake of killing a few pests, it was unthinkable. His mask began to form as koukaku rc cells burst from the back of his head, covering his face. He had been turned away from the oncoming investigators so they hadn’t seen his face, but it didn’t matter as he would kill them soon anyway. Looking at them, they didn’t seem particularly skilled or experience, just a pair of youngsters. It would have seemed a shame to end such young lives to most, but not to Marx. Youth was a state of being, generally one of little growth. They were useless to Marx as morsels and would be dealt with swiftly and viciously.

As the first came with a slash of her halberd, Marx sidestepped the attack and grabbed the weapon’s shaft. He was unarmoured aside from his head, but his strength was able to hold it in place. Despite the quinque being made of quinque steel, a tiny cracking sound began to come from Marx’s hand. As if to save his companion, the other dove swung a sort of curved short sword in an attempt to behead the S rank ghoul that stood before him. Ducking easily below the strike, Marx broke the halberd in two and used the end to stab the swordsman through the chest. The female dove stared in horror as her partner fell, apparently unable to comprehend the monstrous levels of power Marx possessed. With a frown, Marx grabbed the woman by the head. A brief moment later and her head was no more, a blood stain marking Marx’s hand and the ground where he dropped her body. As much as he wanted to, he had no time to stick around and eat them. The CCG were not known to take shortcuts, help would be arriving. Jumping up to a nearby rooftop, Marx made his exit, unaware of the young swordsman still barely alive, vainly attempting to pull the halberd shaft from his chest with ragged breaths.

Blackguard
richard-1.jpg

Another day, another fight for survival. Marx had been hungry, so he’d gone out to get food. Unfortunately for the couple he’d ambushed, that involved brutally murdering humans. Well not necessarily brutally, but Marx wasn’t in the mood for being careful. That had its own repercussions, as he soon realised when finishing up the bloody corpses to see two doves running his way. The alley was wide for a decent fight, but staying too long would attract more investigators and with his recent activity being on even the public news, stronger CCG agents would come. And Marx was not prepared to risk his life when his goal was so close.

He had attained Rank S, which was a mere 2 ranks away from being the most powerful ghoul known to at least the city, if not the world. To throw that all away for the sake of killing a few pests, it was unthinkable. His mask began to form as koukaku rc cells burst from the back of his head, covering his face. He had been turned away from the oncoming investigators so they hadn’t seen his face, but it didn’t matter as he would kill them soon anyway. Looking at them, they didn’t seem particularly skilled or experience, just a pair of youngsters. It would have seemed a shame to end such young lives to most, but not to Marx. Youth was a state of being, generally one of little growth. They were useless to Marx as morsels and would be dealt with swiftly and viciously.

As the first came with a slash of her halberd, Marx sidestepped the attack and grabbed the weapon’s shaft. He was unarmoured aside from his head, but his strength was able to hold it in place. Despite the quinque being made of quinque steel, a tiny cracking sound began to come from Marx’s hand. As if to save his companion, the other dove swung a sort of curved short sword in an attempt to behead the S rank ghoul that stood before him. Ducking easily below the strike, Marx broke the halberd in two and used the end to stab the swordsman through the chest. The female dove stared in horror as her partner fell, apparently unable to comprehend the monstrous levels of power Marx possessed. With a frown, Marx grabbed the woman by the head. A brief moment later and her head was no more, a blood stain marking Marx’s hand and the ground where he dropped her body. As much as he wanted to, he had no time to stick around and eat them. The CCG were not known to take shortcuts, help would be arriving. Jumping up to a nearby rooftop, Marx made his exit, unaware of the young swordsman still barely alive, vainly attempting to pull the halberd shaft from his chest with ragged breaths.

A phone rings in the background. Then a man's hand picks it up. The sounds of the office drown out the conversation.

-----------

"Sounds good we're on our way." Two figures nodded at each other ran to the armory and picked up their gear. The woman picked up an assault rifle and some other gadgets. She peered down the scope to make sure it was lined up. The man picked up two decorated pistols and a briefcase from his locker. He loaded magazines into each and stuff extras into his belt, pulling back the hammer afterwards to make sure they were primed for combat and making the very distinct click sound you hear from movies as it slammed back into place. The two nodded with no words exchanged between them when they knew they were ready for deployment. They hopped into the back of an armored truck along with a few other bureau investigators that were brought along for the operation. Apparently it was a high level threat that had to be taken care of.

-----------

Driving down the road. The sounds of cars come and quickly fade behind them as the the team head down the streets. Silence is the only thing shared between them.

-----------

The two step out of the vehicle and quickly began sprinting down the alleyways trying to locate the last known positions of the other investigators. As their forms are revealed: one is shown wearing a dark uniform similar to the other doves, the other a similarly dark uniform but is more reminiscent of the armor worn by the Japanese Spec Ops, the SAT.

--------

"Yo, you armored bastard, you think you can just get away with killing two doves and go unpunished." A pair of eyes coming from the area behind the ghoul emerged from the shadows. His dark investigator's uniforming flowing with the draft of the alleyway, his glasses reflecting the light coming from the other end so that his eyes were blurred out. His ominous aura extended toward the ghoul as he adjusted them revealing at least one of his aquamarine colored eyes. "Now let me see the face of my enemy." He drew one of his pistols and immediately fired one shot as quickly as he could, a loud bang echoed through the chambers of the alleyway as the shot rang loose. His aim near perfect as he shot out a portion of the armor covering the ghoul's face revealing the ghoul's activated Kakugan. "Good, target confirmed for extermination. Yuuko you're up."

"Understood, Narukami-san," the woman replied. She stepped forward from behind him, pulling out a bulky device that she seemed comfortable using and aimed it at the ghoul. She then pulled the trigger and fired out a set of six disks that spun rapidly toward the armored ghoul. At the same time, the man pulled out a second hand gun and sprayed more rounds at the enemy to suppress him from performing other actions to block the initial attack.

From the streetside, the other bureau investigators nodded at each other and tapped the others back signaling that each of them was ready for the operation, lining up in a row of three, shoulders pressed againsy the wall beside them as how they were trained. They stood there waiting for the signal from Yuuko and Shu to cut off the escape route if the ghoul happened to try and leave.

Kloudy Kloudy

Res walked through the streets of the city wearing a pair of dark tint aviators as his eyes swept the area in front of him. Everyday he questioned God, or whoever created humans and ghouls, what he did to earn a shitty life of having to spend everyday looking over his shoulder. He sighed deeply as he ran his hands through his bleached hair. He had bleached it while he was going through highschool because having white hair had always been some sort of weird fantasy for him. A sharp pang shot through his chest as he remembered the days before he had to spend every waking hour in constant paranoia of what would be around the next corner, or where he would get his next meal. That was his least favorite part of the life he was cursed with. Hunting down and killing people was one thing, but eating them almost made him want to puke. The only upside being that human flesh was the only thing he could eat that didn't taste like actual sewage. He sighed again as he walked into a coffee shop where the employees knew him. He had been a regular for about a year now, but of course they didn't know that he was a ghoul, no one could ever know.

[class=BG] background:url('https://wallpaper.wiki/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Images-abstract-minimalist-wallpaper-HD.jpg')no-repeat; background-size:cover; max-width:90% border:10px solid #000000; min-height:520px; -webkit-border-radius: 3px 3px 3px 3px; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=Profile] max-width:18%; min-height:470px; max-height:470px; min-width:280px; margin:10px auto; background: #000; border:4px solid rgba(250,250,250, 0); border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; -moz-border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; -webkit-border-radius: 3px 30px 3px 3px; overflow:hidden; color:#fff; text-align:left; [/class] [class=Title] width:100%; height:30px; box-sizing:border-box; background:#0073e6; text-align:left; font-family: Impact; color:#fff; padding:5px; font-size:18px; [/class] [class=Name] width:100%; height:30px; box-sizing:border-box; background:#00ccff; text-align:left; font-family: Impact; color:#fff; padding:5px; font-size:18px; [/class] [class=Line1] width:100%; height:20px; box-sizing:border-box; background:#3399ff; border-bottom:1px solid rgba(2,110,130, 0.4); padding:1px; color:#fff; font-family: Impact; font-size:16px; [/class] [class=Line2] width:100%; height:20px box-sizing:border-box; background:#00ccff; border-bottom:1px solid rgba(2,110,130, 0.4); padding:1px; color:#fff; font-family: Impact; font-size:16px [/class] [class=Picture] width:100%; max-width:; box-sizing:border-box; background:#000; border-bottom:10px solid rgba(2,110,130, 0.4); color:#313131; -webkit-border-radius: 3px 30px 3px 30px; text-align:center; [/class] [class=Text] max-width:85%; min-width:none; min-height:none; margin:10px auto; padding:10px; background:#fff; border:10px solid #000000; border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; -webkit-border-radius: 30px 3px 3px 3px; overflow:hidden; color:#313131; text-align:left; font-size:14px; font-family: Verdana; [/class] [class=Mentions] max-width:85%; min-width:none; min-height:none; margin:10px auto; padding:10px; background:#fff; border:10px solid #000000; border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; -webkit-border-radius: 3px 3px 30px 30px; overflow:hidden; color:#313131; text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family: Verdana; [/class]
[div class=BG]
[div class=Profile][div class=Title]"Santa Sangre"[div class=Name]Rico Santos[/div][div class=Line1]First Class Investigator[/div][div class=Line2]Location: Tokyo Streets[/div][div class=Line1]Status: In Combat[/div][div class=Picture]
drawn-smokey-man-13.jpg
[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=Text]Rico walked towards the CCG HQ in the ward with a plastic bag in hand. He was about to start his shift at the HQ offices, so he scrounged up a few chocolate bars, a 4-pack of ramyeon and a couple of sodas. Rico needed some snacks to keep a sugar high up for his shift. Being a desk jockey was far too boring a soldier like him. He preferred to be out on the field, but it always came back to doing paperwork. Stopping in front of a electronics store, Rico watched a news report through the TV on display. The newscaster gave a report on Blackguard and Split, two ghouls that have been making life hard for Investigators these last couple weeks.

There were maybe two blocks left until the bus stop when an APC bearing the CCG emblem sped by. Snapping his head around, Rico found the APC stopping not far from his position. Two Investigators stepped out, weapons in hand, and rushed into the alley ways. Several Investigators also came out, and began to block the exit to the alley. Rico pulled his phone out and check for any alerts. At the very top of his notifications was a message concerning Blackguard and two murdered Investigators in the area. He was quick to pull out his pistol from his shoulder holster under his jacket and move towards the action. Despite not having a quinque at the moment, his .50 caliber handgun should be able hold him over for now. Rico wasn't planning on getting up close and personal, especially with a heavily armored koukaku-type ghoul. A far better plan would be to assist the two Investigators taking point with supporting fire and cut off possible escape routes.

The Hispanic CCG agent pressed himself against the wall on the other side of the alley's opening, flashing his badge at the agents to show his status. Rico switched off the safety on his pistol and pulled the slide back to chamber a Q-bullet. He kept on telling himself that this was a terrible situation to be in. That he should at least head back to HQ to get his quinque. However, he wouldn't let these agents die with him having anything to say about it. Though they were strangers, they risked their lives just like he did, and that placed Rico in their debt
[/div][div class=Mentions]Mentions/Interactions: TPBx TPBx Kloudy Kloudy
[/div]
[/div]

Blackguard
latest

As the shot rang out, Marx turned to face the sound behind him. His head cracked to the side slightly as the slug impacted on his mask, breaking open a crack just large enough to reveal the kakugan that was activated in his eye. The koukaku immediately regrew over the damage, covering his eye once more. It seemed the CCG had arrived early, with morsels of more skill this time. Perhaps it would be wise to take caution this time, Marx reasoned.

More koukaku matter began to push its way out of the back of his head, thickening the armour on his head to it’s usual combat thickness. No amount of bullets would crack through it so easily now. Along with that, more of Marx’s kagune seeped out from the abnormal amount of kakuhou he possessed around his body. Eventually, his entire body was covered in thick koukaku armour iconic of the notorious rumours of the S ranked ghoul Blackguard. Staring inscrutably at the investigators before him, Marx raised a gauntlet just in time to block the incoming discs, completely ignoring the bullets that bounced harmlessly off his armour. A plume of dust kicked up as the discs exploded to bits against the ghoul’s hand. What the investigators didn’t see was the extra layer of kagune Marx had applied to the gauntlet, ensuring it didn’t even crack against the discs. If he hadn’t, it was very possible that all 6 could have broken through. Not that those humans would be aware of such a thing, what with the dust in the way.

Retreat was definitely an option, but Marx felt insulted by the investigator that had struck him so dishonourably. Not that Marx was against sneak attacks, but that had just been an effort to unmask him, which was unforgivable. Walking forwards, apparently unconcerned by the hail of bullets coming at him, he approached the enemy’s position. His arms were by his side, but he was sure in his ability to swipe aside anymore of those disc projectiles. Soon Marx began to run, picking up speed as he beared down on the doves like some monstrous juggernaut. And it was true, likely only the armoured vehicle in the street would be even somewhat capable of stopping his charge. When close, Marx would simply run into the nearby doves in an attempt to knock down or squish them against the alley wall.

TPBx TPBx QizPizza QizPizza

Res heard the sound of CCG sirens and froze. His body began to shake violently as he left the coffee shop in a hurry, looking left and right to see where the sirens were coming from. When he spotted the APC, he bolted in the opposite direction, moving in full spring as he reached into his bag and pulled out his mask. "Fuck, fuck, fuck! Why am i running?! There's no way that they're after me!" He shouted to himself as he pushed people out of the way. He hadn't eaten in about a month and a half so his kakugan shown brightly behind his aviators, and it was paramount that he kept them on. People began to shout at him as he passed by them, questioning what the rush was in very upset tones. But all he could think about was distancing himself from the damned CCG and go on with his day. The wind whistled through his hair as he sprinted down the sidewalk and the sound of slightly crushed concrete under his feet sounded for some reason appealing. He occasionally looked over his shoulder and saw a large Hispanic male holding a gun instead of a quinqe and he skidded to a halt. "What does he plan to do with that?" He asked quietly as he looked at the male.

1521012923799.png

307675-anime-Darker_than_Black-Hei-748x468.jpg

Mood

“Research is formalized curiosity. It is poking and prying with a purpose.
― Zora Neale Hurston

Slightly on edge due to stress and lack of sleep, probably best not to push him too far. However due to recent events, curiosity has taken the front stage of his emotions.
Kloudy Kloudy QizPizza QizPizza TPBx TPBx

Rain started down the window of the cafe as the T.V once again flickered to life with a soft glow, almost as if the weather was foretelling a ghastly report was to be found. In response to the rains uproar, the T.V fought back with its own source of noise and soon a report echoed throughout the paneled wood of the room. "Coming in from just moments ago is a reported confrontation of the S-Ranked ghoul Blackguard and CCG agents in the *blzz* Ward. In response to the incoming reports, an evacuation has been ordered in the radius of *blzzz* If you are in the preceding area of conflict, please get out as quickly as possible. This monster isn't opposed to killing for fun." As the reporter drew on, the color of crimson and bluish purple filled the cafe's interior with a harsh glow. This assisted by the wail of sirens meant only one thing, the CCG was rushing to the area of conflict. Excusing himself from the oak counter-top he sat at Eiji handed the waitress the required yen due and walked outside, only to be embraced by the downpour of rain. This time however, the rain wasn't a rise for annoyance - it was going to mask his presence as he checked in on the competition.

Following the distant CCG sirens, Eiji made his way towards the fight by means of the rooftops. After a few minutes of leaping from each rain-soaked roof to another, he made it to the massacre in progress. The streets below were clotted by the scent of death, and rivers of blood swamped the alleyway below. To be frank however, that wasn't the interesting thing to Neilson. The interesting thing here was the excessive musk of rc that lingered heavily in the air, and it was due to that factor Eiji's smile began to grow. "My god, this smell is amazing, I can't get enough of it!", he said with a quick burst of maniacal laughter. "I wonder how his flesh tastes. It must be divine k-knowing all the rc that courses through his body..", as his ranting drew on his body began to slightly twitch. "This might be one I can't control myself around!", shaking his head he began to regain his senses. "No, we can't eat him yet. We don't know the skill he possesses.", Eiji battled back. "Not if you let me run the show big boy. You're weak - I can beat him.." Neilson's face was in a twisted display as his two sides berated one another, and with no end in sight he collapsed to the ground in a fit. "Just let me... No, get out of my fucking head you goddamn monster." As the thoughts drew on, Eiji pummeled his fist into the ground in a effort to restrain itself. "I can't allow you to do that."

Getting up off the ground, he leapt onto a nearby pole in an effort to better view the chaos around him. With his eyes filled with the truth of it all, Eiji fully understood the power that radiated off of the beast in front of him. It was true that in this form he couldn't possibly destroy the creature, however if he unleashed "The Fox" even this side of him would vanish. To best this creature, he'd have to wait for him to tire himself out. "Now time for the waiting game.."

Last edited:
Minako Hayashi
Having woken up particularly early today, Minako had already clocked in and was out on patrol by the time she received info about Blackguard's activity. Not that it interested her much, since plenty of operatives likely were either on their way or at the scene. Minako elected, however, to make her way in the direction of the S rated ghoul, nonetheless. It's been a while since she'd had a run-in with him.

The fact that she was patrolling on foot with only her case and an umbrella in plain view was likely the cause of her slow arrival time, though it seemed Minako had arrived on the back end of the confrontation with Blackguard- literally. She'd arrived at the alley where he was supposed to be, but the action seemed to be on the other side of the block. There were three agents on this side, not including herself- all three seemed to be using only firearms, as well. Upon closing her umbrella, Minako opened up her case to ready her quinque.

Minako made her way to the three others, and noticed there was someone who seemed to be watching one of the agents, who she recognized to be Rico Santos, a First Class Investigator like she was. Gripping onto her quinque, she waved away the white-haired bystander. "Sorry, kid. But it's a bit dangerous to be here right now. A dangerous ghoul could be making his way through this alley soon." Expecting her advice to simply be put to use, she turned back to the alley entrance and grouped up with the others who were there. "Do we happen to know what he's doing in this area? Blackguard, I mean." She said aloud, ready for anyone to answer her.

QizPizza QizPizza King Vioogra King Vioogra

First Class Investigator Narukami Shu and Rank 3 Investigator Hirayuki Yuuko

The disks exploded upon impact, but did not deliver their full payload due to not attaching to the armor correctly. Yuuko noticed this due to her experience with the weapon, and realized they were in a heap of trouble. The ghoul continued its frightening death march towards the pair of investigators. "Confirm Direct Hit, but the devices they misfired, that monster didn't even bother dodging."

"That's a ghoul for you. Time to go to Plan B. Let's go." Shu motioned for her to come and the two began running down the alley way turning around the corner of a T-Intersection in the alleyway. The pair slid to the left where Yuuko had set an M18 Claymore Mine that she had pulled from the armory at the CCG HQ. Shu pressed himself up against the wall out of the line of sight from the first alleyway. He put a finger on his ear and activated his comms device, "Bravo Team you're clear to move in, lay down suppressing fire and push the dumb beast towards us." Yuuko then moved a good distance away from the trap and positioned herself further down the hallway with her Drone Launcher. She pulled the lever on the left hand side causing the machine to eject the cartridges containing the previous set of drones and load in a new set from its internal magazine.

On the other end of the alleyway, the Bureau Investigator at the back of the group tapped the Blood Saint's shoulder and then turned around and tapped the shoulders of the other investigators signaling that it was go-time. The three of the pushed out the corner and peeked out into the alleyway, then they began their assault. The point man pulled the pin on a Flash Grenade and tossed it down the alleyway toward the ghoul and then pushed out from his corner and began blasting the ghoul with several rounds from his MP5K Submachine Gun. The other two emerged from behind him one taking position in the open end of the alleyway and the last man taking up a position by the other corner of the alleyway across from the point man. Each rotated between laying down suppressing fire with their weapons and reloading.

QizPizza QizPizza (you have control over investigator NPCs) Kloudy Kloudy

As Res stood on the sidewalk, a pang of hunger struck him and he stumbled into the nearest alley. He leaned against the wall and struggled not to throw up the muffin he'd had with his coffee that morning. He coughed violently as he retched and covered his mouth. "Shit, shit, shit! Please don't come down this alleyway!" He thought to himself as he heard a human asking if he was okay. "i'm.... I'm fine!" He choked out as he spit up what was left of the muffin he just threw up. He wiped the sweat that had beaded on his forehead because of the effort. He weakly stood up and looked back at the person who was concerned for his safety. A look of horror passed over the human's face and then Res' as he realized the aviators had fallen off and his kakugan shined bright red. As the human began to yell, Res immediately turned and started to bolt in the opposite direction.

"OH MY GOD, IT'S A GHOUL!!" The human shouted.

Last edited:
[class=BG] background:url('https://wallpaper.wiki/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Images-abstract-minimalist-wallpaper-HD.jpg')no-repeat; background-size:cover; max-width:90% border:10px solid #000000; min-height:520px; -webkit-border-radius: 3px 3px 3px 3px; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=Profile] max-width:18%; min-height:470px; max-height:470px; min-width:280px; margin:10px auto; background: #000; border:4px solid rgba(250,250,250, 0); border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; -moz-border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; -webkit-border-radius: 3px 30px 3px 3px; overflow:hidden; color:#fff; text-align:left; [/class] [class=Title] width:100%; height:30px; box-sizing:border-box; background:#0073e6; text-align:left; font-family: Impact; color:#fff; padding:5px; font-size:18px; [/class] [class=Name] width:100%; height:30px; box-sizing:border-box; background:#00ccff; text-align:left; font-family: Impact; color:#fff; padding:5px; font-size:18px; [/class] [class=Line1] width:100%; height:20px; box-sizing:border-box; background:#3399ff; border-bottom:1px solid rgba(2,110,130, 0.4); padding:1px; color:#fff; font-family: Impact; font-size:16px; [/class] [class=Line2] width:100%; height:20px box-sizing:border-box; background:#00ccff; border-bottom:1px solid rgba(2,110,130, 0.4); padding:1px; color:#fff; font-family: Impact; font-size:16px [/class] [class=Picture] width:100%; max-width:; box-sizing:border-box; background:#000; border-bottom:10px solid rgba(2,110,130, 0.4); color:#313131; -webkit-border-radius: 3px 30px 3px 30px; text-align:center; [/class] [class=Text] max-width:85%; min-width:none; min-height:none; margin:10px auto; padding:10px; background:#fff; border:10px solid #000000; border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; -webkit-border-radius: 30px 3px 3px 3px; overflow:hidden; color:#313131; text-align:left; font-size:14px; font-family: Verdana; [/class] [class=Mentions] max-width:85%; min-width:none; min-height:none; margin:10px auto; padding:10px; background:#fff; border:10px solid #000000; border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; -webkit-border-radius: 3px 3px 30px 30px; overflow:hidden; color:#313131; text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family: Verdana; [/class]
[div class=BG]
[div class=Profile][div class=Title]"Santa Sangre"[div class=Name]Rico Santos[/div][div class=Line1]First Class Investigator[/div][div class=Line2]Location: Tokyo Streets[/div][div class=Line1]Status: In Combat[/div][div class=Picture]
drawn-smokey-man-13.jpg
[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=Text]
"Do we happen to know what he's doing in this area? Blackguard, I mean." Rico took note of the female Investigator with a black staff-like quinque walking up. He believed her name was Minho Haishi or something like that. He found Japanese names quite hard to remember and the only ones he remembered were his superiors. Rico appreciated the help and presence of another First Class Investigator, especially when dealing with an S-Class Ghoul "First Class Investigator Haiyishi, right? Blackguard dropped two Investigators and he's has his full-body kakune."

"Bravo Team you're clear to move in, lay down suppressing fire and push the dumb beast towards us." Rico already had his earpiece in and tuned into the operation channel. When the Investigator tapped his shoulder, he knew the drill from years of experience. Soon after the point man threw the flashbang and they Investigators rushed in, Rico followed. As he opened fire on Blackguard, he noticed that their bullets were simply bouncing off the hulking mass of kagune. "This is First Class Investigator Santa Sangre. With all due respect, we should probably un-ass before Blackguard pancakes us. His kuuhaku is too strong for 9-mils and my 50-cal. Over."

Rico was pretty sure he spoke several words wrong, but whoever was commanding the squad would most likely understand. He also was unsure if they understood the slang terms he used. He pushed the thought aside as he signaled the three Investigators to move up. They would try to push Blackguard back, but at the first sign of a danger, Rico will order a retreat. The man in the back moved forward as Rico and the others provided supporting fire. The four slowly made their way to about 25 feet away from Blackguard, who was still fazed from the flashbang. Now if only Hashi would make herself useful and use that quinque of her's to do something about the ghoul in front of them.

*please note that any misspelled words are intentionally done
[/div][div class=Mentions]Mentions/Interactions: TPBx TPBx Kloudy Kloudy Honeyed Tea Honeyed Tea [/div][/div]

Miyako Phoenix

Colors. Colors, colors, and more colors. Trees. Skyscrapers. A house on a plain. The clouds. A blank canvas. Paint. Miyako was used to her head being filled with ideas as an artist, but she found that some of her best pieces of work came when she could successfully just completely clear her head before painting. It was something she should probably practice more, but it was so hard for her to do. So much noise. So much to think about.

All of the lives.

The bell hanging at the front door gave a merry little jingle as she tried to close her eyes. Miyako sighed, and let the thoughts that she’d almost managed to lock away shove back through her mental door. She was sitting in front of her painting easel on a stool, in one of the side rooms of her studio. There were four, and at any given moment they could either be filled with random doodle or have a single easel in the center, with a canvas ready to go.

Miyako carefully stepped over rolls of paper with colors that had no rhyme or reason drying on them, and walked out into the studio, hanging up her smock on the side. It was a large, almost circular room, with a crescent shaped portion being a bit higher than the rest and separated by two steps. It was an absolute mess. There were art supplies everywhere, in various states of use and cleanliness. Half-finished products lay around the room, whether they be sculptures or paintings. The entire back wall was filled with chaotic and random doodles, some of them quite cute and others a bit disturbing. It wasn’t just art, either. Paper with walls of text on them also lay in stacks on desks that could afford the space, some soiled by paint smears.

There was also plenty of furniture in the room, from couches to bean bags to even a bed just sitting in the corner, and of course there were plenty of desks. Some of them had received the same treatment as the back wall, but for the most part they were in good condition. Bottles, cups, and wrappers lay on the floor around them, as the only trash can in the room was visibly overflowing. There was also a half-eaten pizza on a desk to the side of the room.

The food helped with the deception.

The person who had just entered was a young boy, perhaps in his pre-teens, dressed in a t-shirt, a cap, and some shorts that appeared to be a part of a uniform. Miyako smiled when she saw him. He was from a family run café that was nearby, and he delivered her coffee every morning along with news. Today, he also seemed to have a small box in his hand along with the tray holding the cup and paper.

“Hey Kenji.” Kenji smiled and skipped over to where Miyako was. She squatted down so she could look up at him. “What’s in the box?”

He set the tray on a spot that Miyako had cleared on a desk. Kenji handed the box to her with two hands enthusiastically.

“I snuck a donut from the display for you. Don’t tell my parents.” He beamed, and Miyako laughed lightly.

“Don’t worry, I won’t,” she said, taking the box. Kenji bid her farewell, and left the studio.

Miyako straightened up and stood still for a moment. Then she walked over to the trash can and set the box on top of the pile with careful precision.

“I think I’ll go for a walk,” she said to herself.

-------

Of course there was another CCG fight. Blackguard was really beginning to annoy Miyako. He was the loud, slow, and stupid stereotypical brute in her mind, although she’d never actually encountered him in person. Perhaps I should go observe this fight or something…

She continued walking down the street with a tan long coat on, her normal attire underneath. The day wasn’t particularly good or bad, but it was these kinds of days that Miyako liked anyway.

“OH MY GOD, IT’S A GHOUL!!” A man bolted out of alleyway and nearly ran into Miyako. She almost shoved him off of her, then she sighed in frustration. Miyako began to laugh and held up Res.

“There you are!” The woman gave Miyako a slightly surprised look. Miyako turned back to her.

“Sorry, you’re going to have to excuse my friend. We were trying to prank a couple people earlier with these really… unique contacts.” Miyako pulled a small, circular container from her pocket with a clear covering. Inside were contact colored the exact same way as kakugan.

“See? Anyway, he has a hard time taking them off, and it’s kind of awkward to try taking them out in public, you know? He probably had too much to drink as well. Typical of boys, right?” The woman was positively bemused at this point. Miyako waved dismissively.

“Don’t worry! I can talk to him while he’s drunk. Most of the time. Anyway, sorry for the commotion!”

Miyako watched the woman as she stood there, apparently trying to think of something to say. Then she shook her head and disappeared into the sidewalk crowds.

Miyako’s fake smile disappeared as she turned to Res. “If you’re that weak, what the fuck were you thinking coming out into the open like this? Who are you, anyway?”

Last edited:
"Who am I? Who are you?" He said before looking over her shoulder and grabbing her by the forearm and pulling her into the alley he had thrown up in. "Look thanks for the help, but I'm not weak. I know a place where I can eat suicide victims and I was on my way to get a pickup." He said dusting off his clothes and looking around. "Shit, where'd my glasses go?" He said looking around. gently stepping over the pile of vomit that had a tinge of blood in it. "Oh! There they are." He said with almost genuine happiness as he pulled them off of the ground and blew on them. He turned back to the girl and flashed a fake smile. "Besides, I could use a little fun. A chase always provides that." His tone had changed almost completely as if a different person were speaking. "Anyway, I'll be off. Thanks again for the cover story." He said giving a friendly nod and walking off into the alley whistling a tune.

“Hey, wait up just a moment!” Miyako grabbed his shoulder. She could already feel the indignant anger rising inside, and she mostly just wanted to give this guy a good pummeling to teach him a lesson, but it probably wouldn’t look that good to the people on the streets watching.

“I don’t care what you think about getting chased by the CCG, and why you think that’s fun is beyond me, but in my eyes, I did you a favor. I think I’m entitled to at least a name.” Miyako let go of his shoulder. She shoved her hands roughly into her pockets, and rocked on her heels a bit.

“Alright, if I give you something to eat, will you at least tell me who you are?” She instinctively looked over him more closely. There was no way he was an investigator, being a ghoul and all, but it was an old habit. And old habits always died hard.

“I have food back at my place. It’s not too far from here, and in case you want to know where it’s from, it’s all scavenged. Mostly.”

Res instantly froze and his stomach audibly growled. He was quietly arguing to himself on whether he should trust her before he sighed loudly and turned back around. "Okay. Sure, I will graciously take you up on that offer." He said with an actual smile as he wiped away a spot of drool from his mouth. "Sorry, it's been like a month and a half since I last ate." He said as he scratched the back of his head nervously. He started walking towards her and sighed again. "Lead the way." He said as he ran his hands through his white hair and look a deep breathe in. "Is it far? I only want to approach the CCG on my own terms to be honest." He said adjusting his sunglasses.

“Great. I don’t want a knucklehead who goes barreling into the CCG knowing where my place is.” Miyako gave Res one last look before turning and walking back the way she came.

“Oh, if you give this place away to anyone intentionally, and associate it with a ghoul, I’m going to personally hunt you down, rip out your stomach, and shove it down your throat. Got it?” Miyako always liked making small talk as she walked with someone.

-------

“Ignore the mess inside. I haven’t really got around to cleaning.”

They arrived at the studio. Miyako pulled out her keys, and giving them a twirl on the keychain, she stepped up to the entrance and unlocked it. She pushed the door open and motioned inside.

“After you. By the way, you still haven’t told me your name.”

"Noted. And my name is Res Enyo." He said as he followed her into the studio. His gaze was immediately taken by the eazel and the paints around it. "You paint?" He asked as he started walking over o it. "I should've guessed on account of your painful amount of detail on my murder if I snitch." He said looking back at her and smirking. "You got a boyfriend?" He asked as he tiptoed around the paints that littered the floor. "I wouldn't be surprised if you don't." He said quietly as he looked around at the messy studio.

Blackguard
latest

As the investigators he was fighting retreated, Marx continued his charge without hesitation. He soon began to feel bullets ping harmlessly off his back, courtesy of the doves that had emerged from the alleyway behind him. Marx was going to ignore them, but then he noticed the claymore he was about to step in front of. Reacting quickly and decisively, Marx leapt upwards with the incredible strength in his legs, clearing the mine and smashing through the wall at the end of the alley.

More dust filled the tight area, obscuring everyone’s vision pretty effectively. For a moment there was silence as the doves stopped firing as well, peering into the smoke to try and discern where their target had gone. While searching, the failed to notice their pointman falling to the floor. On closer inspection, the man now had a hole in his head. The other two jerked their weapons up in surprise, trying to figure out what happened. It was then that another brick flew out from the dust cloud at ridiculous speed, hitting the second doves directly in the chest and ripping a hole right through. The dust was clearing now and the last dove caught a glimpse of Blackguard with what appeared to be a brick in his hand. Apparently locked on the spot, possibly due to the immense fear he was currently feeling, the man could only gaze on as Marx took up a baseball pitcher’s stance, swinging his arm over, using his incredibly strength to launch the brick so powerful that it snapped the man’s head off when it collided with his neck. If they had thought Blackguard was only capable of rampaging about like an enraged bull, this would dash that from their minds. Along with everything else given that it was a brick doing the dashing.

Deciding it was too much effort to chase after the first investigators he’d seen, Marx ran back down the alleyway towards the street, picking up the claymore along the way. There were still a few more annoying bugs he had to crush before he could deal with the true pests. Humans had always been irritating, getting in his way instead of succumbing to the natural course of nature’s food chain. Marx was a predator and they were his prey, it was foolish to try and break something that had been coded into life’s balance for time immemorial. Approaching the remaining doves at the end of the alley, Marx barrelled either into or past them until he broke out into the street. The armoured vehicle was just ahead and instead of running straight into it, he jumped once again so that he could clear it. At this point the other doves had likely followed him if they weren’t recovering from his charge. Placing a foot on the vehicle, Marx gathered a large mass of his kagune around his leg in order to form a rudimentary hydraulic press. Without hesitating, Marx pushed with all his might, kicking the armoured CCG carrier to the edge of the alley, blocking the exit. Those either in the way or still standing near the exit’s were crushed.

Jumping once more atop the dented vehicle, Marx threw the mine he was still carrying with a powerful throw aimed at the first CCG agents he had fought. Hopefully, the mine would hit them, or at least explode in the alley so that there would be no escape for the remaining doves. Marx had no time for a cat and mouse game of chase, he was hungry and these humans thought they could mess with him. Now they would receive death as punishment.

TPBx TPBx QizPizza QizPizza Honeyed Tea Honeyed Tea

• latest
    XB6YFl1.jpg
    "Associate Special Class? We have an issue."

"Of course we do. Who's causing the ruckus?"

The radio in the Associate Special Class' office was immediately flicked on. Immediately sounds of other CCG employees voices filling the room, most of them calling for back up and medical units. Cries of worry and pain while the rotund man merely sat in his office. The smile never left his face. He continued to listen for a few more moments, the secretary seeming to go paler by the moment. "It's one of the S ranked ones. Blackguard. He's causing trouble. Already made a mess of the 10th ward."

"Mm..I see. And what is Arima doing?" The rotund man leaned in slowly, his gloved fingers gripping the power switch and turning it until it clicked. Now the only sound that came from the room was the squeaking of his chair as he rose from it. He reached down, grabbing the steel briefcase at the side of his desk and then over to the coat hanger to grab hold of his black dress coat. "He's currently in a meeting..I'm not sure how long he'll be. Maybe 30 minutes?"

The man stopped in his tracks, pondering as he seemed to stare at nothing in particular. The smile on his face seemed to wide just a bit. "Then bring me the next best thing for the situation. Go tell Mado I need to borrow her protégé for a little while. Make sure he's got his quinque with him as well."

"But he's a Rank 3! He'll get absolutely slaughtered out there! And Rank 3's don't carry-"

"I didn't ask for your opinion on the matter. I asked for you to bring him to me." The man cut the woman off quickly, dismissing any other protests she had before merely walking off. He had the 10th Ward to get to.

--

"Kijima-san, are you really sure I should be here? I mean..I'm just a Rank 3." The two-toned boy spoke up as the two blazed through the road in one of the CCG owned cars, making a straight line towards the 10th Ward. Kijima merely shrugged his shoulders, his grin still on his face as he drove. "Well, I figured that since you've been personally trained by Arima, you'll be a half-decent substitute until he arrives." Haise nodded slowly for a few moments, contemplating what was going to potentially happen. Arima's voice echoed in his mind as he gripped the handle of his suitcase.

You can't just heal all those wounds like you want to. You'll just have to learn to dodge them instead.

The car screeched to a halt just as the CCG truck was sent towards the alley. "Hurry up boy, we've got a job to do." Kijima barked as he rose from his face, flicking the switch to open his briefcase to get a hold of his briefcase. Haise did the same, the faint glow of red coming from the long bladed Yukimura. "Oi! Big boy!" Kijima yelled at the armored ghoul to get his attention, smirking as he rose his quinque into view. A large, intimidating chainsaw which revved the life. The engine loudly whining as he put it in both his hands. Kijima spoke into the nearby comms, deciding to speak about the performance of the other investigators apparently. "If guns were effective against S rate ghouls, we'd still use them. Either use a real weapon against him or clear the way for me and the boy to have some extra space."

"How long do we have to buy time for?"

"If I had to guess? 15 minutes."

The mission was simple. Force Blackguard to retreat, or wait for Arima to arrive to claim a new quinque.
    Kloudy Kloudy TPBx TPBx QizPizza QizPizza

Last edited:
Miyako and Res
Miyako rolled her eyes at Res’ joke.

“No, I don’t paint. I just like to collect art supplies for fun.” She walked over to the side of the studio, looking through her keys as she approached a door. She selected a small, black key and unlocked the door.

Inside was the only place in the entire studio where you weren’t just bombarded by color. There were plain white walls, a window on the side looking out into a walkway in the suburbs, and a TV against one wall. In front of the TV was four couches set around a rectangular brown coffee table. There was also a miniature kitchen, with a refrigerator and plenty of cabinets. Miyako opened the refrigerator, and after a moment of deliberation pulled out a brown paper package.

“Here. You can eat my last boyfriend. Tried to sell me out.”

A short “Pft” sound escaped Res’ mouth at her last comment. “Sounds delicious.” He said trying to hide a fit of laughter that was just begging to explode out of him. He coughed briefly and managed to regain himself. “Ahem. Thank you for the meal.” He said gently taking the bag from her and going over to the window.

“This is a really nice place you have here.” He said as he reached into the bag. “Oh wait, can I get a fork or something?” He said turning and looking back to her with probably the first genuine smile of the day spread across his face.

“Even faced with starvation, I have to keep my manners.” He said setting the bag down on the counter and walking casually over to the plethora of cabinets. “They’re in one of these right?”

Miyako blinked. She stood up and walked over next to Res, and pulled out the top drawer underneath the countertop. In the drawer there were plenty of metal spoons, forks, knives, and chopsticks, each in a separate section. She handed a fork and knife to Res before walking back to the couch facing the TV. Miyako sat down heavily and grabbed the remote, turning the TV on. It began broadcasting a news channel.

“Yeah. This place took plenty of sacrifice for it to actually get running. One of my friends actually died trying to secure part of the funds.” Miyako was silent for a moment. Then she sighed.

“Alright. You seem nice enough, so I guess I’ll give up the sarcasm.” She watched the news talk about the investigators currently fighting Blackguard, and some live footage of the scene.

“By the way, you never asked me for my name. Nor the name of this studio.”

“I’m not exceptional at talking to people, so I’ve spent pretty much the whole time getting here figuring out how to ask.” He said smiling as he wiped a bit of blood from his chin. “But I guess what comes first is finding a way to repay you. For the cover story and for bringing me here.” He looked at the screen and sighed. “Ugh. Him again.” He said as if he was extremely annoyed at just a mention of BlackGuard. “It’s the ghouls that actively seek out humans to kill that I can’t stand.” He said as he quietly finished the meat she gave him and washed his dish.

“I mean, technically I’m no different. Of course I’ve killed before. But I just think there should be a middle ground we could come to on the subject of our existence, you know?” He said in an almost speech-giving tone as he finished washing his dish, wiped his face, and then sat down next to Miyako.

“I’m sorry about your friend. It must’ve been rough.” He said giving his best attempt at a consoling look and coughing a bit. “Thank you, for everything you’ve done for me. But please do keep the sarcasm. It’s your best quality.” He said in a sarcastic tone before giving a wink.

Miyako raised an eyebrow. “Yeah, get to know me any better and you’ll see a lot more of it. I’m very well aware it’s my best quality. I mean, who doesn’t like a sparkling personality, right?”

The front bell rang as someone hurriedly entered the shop. A guy stopped at the door to the room that Miyako and Res were in, leaning with one arm against the doorframe and panting heavily. He had slightly wavy brown hair, was around an average build and height, and was wearing a jean jacket, black t-shirt, and sweat pants.

“Hey, Miyako, I think that there’s something…” He stopped and looked at Res.

“Oh, who’s the new guy? Can we trust him?” Miyako looked at Res.

“Yo.” He said casually giving a slight wave. “I’m Res.” He said in an obviously fake cheery tone as he was really not expecting anyone else to show up.

“I thought you said you didn’t have a boyfriend?” Res said as he quickly leaned over and whispered in her ear before getting back to a respectable distance. “You don’t have to worry about me. Just a homeless guy your generous girlfriend offered a meal to.” He said before standing and stretching a bit.

“Well I think it’s about time I got out of your hair, Miyako.” He said with a warm smile as he started walking towards the door the guy was standing at. Because of the meal he’d eaten, Res’ kakugan had faded before the boy showed up.

“Thank you again for the hospitality.” He said as he passed the boy.

“Huh. Like he’s good enough to be my boyfriend.” Miyako smirked. The guy scratched his head and sheepishly smiled.

“Aww, you don’t have to do me in like that.” He let Res pass. Then he got more serious.

“Anyway…”

Yuuko and Shu

"Shit, get down," Shu yelled as he jumped away from the intersection of the the two alleyways. Yuuko stepped back as well and then crouched down, turning her back away from the explosion, to minimize any damage that could be done from fragmentation. A sudden, bang went off as the explosives in the claymore detonated upon impact with the ground in front of them. Luckily the beast had no idea how these things worked so it did not cause too much of a mess as the claymore landed on the lethal side first into the ground. Thousands of q-metal bb's rained down upon them for a brief moment after the fact before settling down into the ground. Shu stirred realizing they had lived through that, and Yuuko did the same. Shu then pulled out his quinque, Akai Suisei from his utility belt and staggered upward with that plus one of his pistols in his hand. Yuuko put aside the X-Kairos Drone Launcher and whipped out her Type-89 Rifle, she held it at the ready with one hand gripped around the trigger and the other supporting it with the angled foregrip in hand.

Shu then heard Associate Special Class Investigator Kijima over the comm's channel. He put his hand to his ear piece and replied, "well, Associate Special Class, I think you just haven't found the right men with the right guns then." Shu then dropped the empty magazine from one the pistol he was holding and loaded a new one, making audible metallic clicking sounds as he went through the process with a single hand while still on the comm-channel to make a point. He was after all one of the revered marksmen in the CCG for a reason. But Kijima was right, normally most ghouls have a lot of soft flesh that could be torn through using fire arms, which is not the case with Blackguard. Though he would find a way, the .45ACP rounds seemed to be effective earlier when he was able to pierce through some of the armor plating with well placed shots. The investigator suspected Blackguard might have several very permeable places that he may not protect either due to a lack of care or knowing that most opponents are not skilled enough to identify and target them.

"What's the plan now, Narukami-san," Yuuko asked.

"We need to find that monster's weak spots. He must have chinks in the armor that can be exploited."

Kloudy Kloudy QizPizza QizPizza CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt

[class=BG] background:url('https://wallpaper.wiki/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Images-abstract-minimalist-wallpaper-HD.jpg')no-repeat; background-size:cover; max-width:90% border:10px solid #000000; min-height:520px; -webkit-border-radius: 3px 3px 3px 3px; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=Profile] max-width:18%; min-height:475px; max-height:475px; min-width:280px; margin:10px auto; background: #000; border:4px solid rgba(250,250,250, 0); border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; -moz-border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; -webkit-border-radius: 3px 30px 3px 3px; overflow:hidden; color:#fff; text-align:left; [/class] [class=Title] width:100%; height:30px; box-sizing:border-box; background:#0073e6; text-align:left; font-family: Impact; color:#fff; padding:5px; font-size:18px; [/class] [class=Name] width:100%; height:30px; box-sizing:border-box; background:#00ccff; text-align:left; font-family: Impact; color:#fff; padding:5px; font-size:18px; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=Line1] width:100%; height:20px; box-sizing:border-box; background:#3399ff; border-bottom:1px solid rgba(2,110,130, 0.4); padding:1px; color:#fff; font-family: Impact; font-size:16px; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=Line2] width:100%; height:20px; box-sizing:border-box; background:#00ccff; border-bottom:1px solid rgba(2,110,130, 0.4); padding:1px; color:#fff; font-family: Impact; font-size:16px; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=Picture] width:100%; max-width:; box-sizing:border-box; background:#000; border-bottom:10px solid rgba(2,110,130, 0.4); color:#313131; -webkit-border-radius: 3px 30px 3px 30px; text-align:center; [/class] [class=Text] max-width:85%; min-width:none; min-height:none; margin:10px auto; padding:10px; background:#fff; border:10px solid #000000; border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; -webkit-border-radius: 30px 3px 3px 3px; overflow:hidden; color:#313131; text-align:left; font-size:14px; font-family: Verdana; [/class] [class=Mentions] max-width:85%; min-width:none; min-height:none; margin:10px auto; padding:10px; background:#fff; border:10px solid #000000; border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px; -webkit-border-radius: 3px 3px 30px 30px; overflow:hidden; color:#313131; text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family: Verdana; [/class]
[div class=BG]
drawn-smokey-man-13.jpg
[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=Text]In the blink of an eye, Blackguard crashed into a wall and sent up a cloud of dust, obscuring the Investigators’ lines of sight. Rico strained to see as the dust cleared, only to find the pointman with a hole in his head. The two remaining investigators looked around for the ghoul, obviously panicking. They were in real danger, and Rico wasn’t going to keep on fighting if it meant the lives of these men. ”Fall back! Fall back!" In the middle of his shouting, a brick flew out of the dust and went straight through one of the the Investigator’s chest. The ballistic brick was followed up by another, which snapped the neck of the last Investigator. Rico growled as the ghoul jumped over him and kicked the truck over. When the truck landed, Rico jumped onto the truck and climbed over, just as Blackguard threw some explosive into the alley.

”Bastard! What’s up with you ghouls who want to kill everyone you see?" Rico brought his pistol up to shoot several rounds at Blackguard, with the .50 AE rounds cracking the hard koukaku armor. As he did, a CCG patrol car screeched to a halt beside them. Out of the car came a boy Rico didn’t recognize and Associate Special Class Investigator Kijima. The two Investigators took out their quinques, Kijima’s chainsaw, and...”What the hell? Isn’t that Special Class Arima’s Yukimura? Why does that kid have as quinque like that?"

"If guns were effective against S rate ghouls, we'd still use them. Either use a real weapon against him or clear the way for me and the boy to have some extra space." Rico was reluctant to listen to his superior’s suggestion, but he had to admit that he was not at all suited to fight an S-Class ghoul without his quinque. Know how poorly friendly-fire can become, Rico moved off to cover and observed the ghoul from a distance, in case he would have to encounter him again. Behind the ghoul, the Hispanic spotted the two investigators from earlier and indentified them First Class Investigator something Shu and Hibana. Over the comms he heard Shu say, “We need to find that monster's weak spots. He must have chinks in the armor that can be exploited.”

Reexamining the ghoul, Rico reasoned that the ghoul would likely have the strongest armor over the most vital parts of the body in order to maximize mobility. This meant that aiming for the head and torso would not be ideal. The forearms and crotch are also likely to be significantly armored. If wearing full ballistic body arm has taught Rico anything aside from it’s impracticality, it was that the back of joints and the inner thighs had to be left unarmored for the sake of mobility. With this knowledge in mind, Rico relayed it to his fellow Investigators. ”First Class Investigator Shu, Investigator Hibana, try aiming for the back of joints and the inner thighs. They should be the least protected areas. Over."

[/div][div class=Mentions]Mentions/Interactions: TPBx TPBx Kloudy Kloudy Honeyed Tea Honeyed Tea CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt [/div][/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back