• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tokyo Ghoul ❀ EDEN

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Purity

Nebulous Member
PVZEdQ0.png

CS: Fandom - Tokyo Ghoul ❀ EDEN ❀ Characters

1523326155884.png

1523326016878.png

Hato glanced at his sword, then back at the instruction manual. In the field, he was rather thankful he'd decided to work with such an versatile weapon, but the thing glitched up so often that some days Hato wondered if it was indeed worth the headache. After several minutes of twisting wires and fiddling with dials, Hato eventually sighed and plucked the Habesuta from his desk, sheathing it back into his pack leaning close by.

His recent promotion to Rank 1 hadn't changed much either in the officer or on the field. Really, the shiny new rank seemed more like an excuse to pile him up with more paperwork, though his position wasn't without its benefits. Still, it mattered little, considering Squad 36 more or less had the same authority over eachother.

As far as ghoul activity went, it was a pretty average day, and Hato didn't expect anything too exciting when his shift came up. Straightening out his shirt, Hato stood from his desk, wondering if any of his squad mates had any more luck in their investigation.

Last edited:

< Commission of Counter Ghoul Main Office – Chiyoda (1st Ward) >

on_the_shore_by_sayuuhiro-dbtt9k8.jpg
As far as weather went, the day wasn’t a very good one. Rain was coming down in quite the downpour, reducing visibility to a couple meters. The rain had begun in the early hours of dawn, and incessantly continued throughout the morning into the afternoon. Now everything was dreary and gray, with no sign of it letting up anytime soon.

Of course, it didn’t really matter much in the pristine white corridors of the headquarters. Considering that there weren’t any buildings in the vicinity like any other skyscraper of the city, anyone who wanted a clear and commanding view of the city had but to look out the window. With the rain, the view was kind of spoiled regardless, but for now there was no need for niceties. Okimoto Jurou was in a hurry.

He entered the meeting room with some force, walking over to the front fast and loading the information he had onto the screen. The talking quickly died out and everyone looked up.

Ahem. For those of you who don’t know who I am, my name is Okimoto Jurou, and I’m a bureau investigator that’s with the information department. So, pertaining to the emergency call we have at hand. A full investigator squad has been found dead in the 11th Ward.” The room immediately burst into questions. Jurou waved his hands for everyone to settle down.

“We believe that the killers are a remnant of Leviathan.”

Silence met the statement. Then someone near the rear end of the table spoke up.

“Well, it should be easy then! Just send a squad or two to wipe them out.” There were a couple murmurs of agreement. Jurou shook his head.

“Well, we believed that it would be that easy, but upon further examination it appears that this group is a rather large break-off. A full operation might eliminate a percentage of the group, but wouldn’t root it out entirely. Therefore, our solution was to assign a squad to its investigation.” People slowly began talking again.

“…just send one of the Miura squad to do it, like always…”

“…no my squad should do it…”

“…I think that we could just send a couple greenies to do it, honestly…”

There didn’t seem to be clear consensus on who to send, until a voice rang out across the room. “Squad 36 will do it.”

Kiro stepped into the room. He’d stopped by to listen in for a moment, but when Jurou had mentioned the 11th Ward he immediately felt responsible. The 11th ward was where his squad was stationed at, and investigators had died there? No, he refused to let anyone take vengeance.

Protests rang out instantly. Squad 36 was still too new, too young. And most of its members were volatile. The squad itself had hardly gotten any field time, and secretly the other squad leaders in the room were hoping for the glory to fall on them. Then a woman, seated at the head of the table, quietly stood and closed her binder. She was dressed quite sharply in an indigo suit and skirt, with extraordinarily black hair tucked back into a tight bun. One by one, everyone stopped talking.

“I believe that Mr. Nishihara will be plenty enough. I’ll vouch for him.” Jurou, who for the most part had been silent since Kiro’s arrival, looked up.

“Are you sure about this, Special Class? Umm, I mean no offense to Nishihara squad, but they haven’t exactly been… assigned any field missions before. And this is a pretty big job…” He faltered from the lack of response.

She gathered up several other papers into a folder and tucked both it and the binder under her left arm. Then she began to walk out.

“I’m certain. Transfer mission parameters to Mr. Nishihara.” She left the room.

Her decision seemed to be final. Everyone else began to pack up and leave as well. Amidst the idle chatter, some people came up to Kiro and wished him luck, while others just gave him angry stares. Kiro thanked those that wished him well and left the room last.

He quickly caught up to the woman as she was walking down the steps of the front entrance. “I’d like to thank you for this opportunity, Special Class Otsuka.” Kira bowed slightly. She looked at him for a moment, then gave a brief smile.

“I like to see new squads prove themselves. Don’t fail me.” Then she turned around and got into her ride, the black car quietly driving off.

Kiro stood there for a while. Then he got into his own car.

The chauffeur started the ignition, the looked back in the rearview mirror.

“Otsuka Kimiko. The prodigy. She’s up there with Miura, in terms of fame. So what’s she got to do with you?”

Fujiwara Shota didn’t quite look like a personal driver, with his big build and somewhat surly face, but his personality was quite in contrast with his appearance: friendly, easygoing, very conversational. And Kiro didn’t mind. He’d known Shota for some time, and so they talked freely about things that were happening.

Plus, it helped that Shota was a First Class Investigator.

“Actually, Kimiko was the first one to train me. Apparently saw something that no one else did. After all, who really wants to dedicate time to an amnesiac?” Kiro’s voice went slightly bitter towards the end of the sentence. He no longer knew anyone, and no one knew him. In a way, the reason he’d ascended ranks so quickly was because he had nothing else in his life to concentrate on. With no memories, he had no distractions.

A sharp pang of pain in his temple reminded him of what he had instead of memories.

Shota laughed. “Well, I guess there’s a reason she’s Special Class. Made the right choice in picking you, after all. I mean, look at you! Associate Special Class in no time!” He turned the wheel as the car pulled onto the freeway.

Kiro shook his head with a slight smile. “If you didn’t enjoy driving others around so much, you’d be where I am too, you big fool,” he replied. Shota gave another chuckle.

Kiro turned his head to watch the raindrops trail down the window. Yes, his squad needed some work. But he was confident that this first mission would also be their first success.

< Commission of Counter Ghoul Branch Office – Ota (11th Ward) >

They pulled up to the 11th Ward Branch Office two hours and through a ridiculous amount of traffic later. Shota opened the door for Kiro, and he stepped out onto the steps of the office. It had stopped raining, and a pale sunshine was streaming through the clouds, breaking them up like glass.

“Well, thanks for the ride, Fujiwara.” Shota gave an informal two finger salute.

“Anytime, Associate Special.” He went back over to the driver seat and sat down with his phone, presumably waiting for another passenger.

Kiro looked up at the office building. Since the CCG had gained so much power, they’d also received an incredible amount of funding and support, not just from the government and corporate programs but also internationally. As testimony to that, each Branch Office now resembled the Main Office in stature and grandeur, albeit not quite as gargantuan.

Kiro sighed and walked up the steps. There was work to be done.

Last edited:

Eden – Setagaya (12th Ward)

untitled_by_shilin-d5kia1c.jpg
Dusk was streaking across the sky like ribbons of cloth, slowly blanketing everything in shadows. Honestly, Hanae was sorely tempted for a moment to close shop for the day and just enjoy the ambiance that was slowly settling, but she decided to leave the decision up to Sori. Not that it entirely mattered. Sori would likely be just as opposed to closing shop as she was to keeping it open, just for the sake of having nothing better to do except argue.

The day had gone by slowly, anyway. Nobody seemed to want to buy plants or flowers on a day where it was raining cats and dogs, perhaps due to the simple virtue of having to carry them home afterwards. Hanae never really cared about how well the shop was doing. It always pulled enough to pay for itself and all the work they put into raising the plants, plus a little over.

Any other money they needed could be raised other ways.

And besides which, without the need for constant food or paying any kind of rent, nobody at Eden really spent a whole lot of money. Hanae took in anyone who worked at the shop, letting them stay in the rather secretive basement levels of the shop. And aside from the occasional ventures outside for gathering food and intelligence, they had a nice, cozy little system going where they could just perpetually ignore everything going on.

Well, not exactly. But Hanae could dream.

She knew they had to become more active soon, possibly even start recruiting. The CCG was finally in a position ripe for the picking, and the plan could soon come into realization. They were growing lazy without another beast to deal with. Hanae smiled slightly at how apt the analogy was. Leviathan was slowly but surely fading from everyone’s memories, along with the idea that a ghoul-led group could oppose the CCG.

Her plan didn’t involve opposing the CCG. Her plan didn’t involve opposing anybody. The CCG would die on its own, its roots withering away from underneath it. And then Tokyo would finally be free, finally free to have the knowledge of good and evil.

Hanae leaned against the balcony she was standing by, and looked up at the stars beginning to twinkle into existence. More countless than the number of sins the CCG would pay for.

Ah, if only you were still here… Hanae closed her eyes in reminiscence.

• Ide Eizou
    The rain kept coming down, however Ide didn't mind this one bit since he'd come prepared. The rain was almost delicate as it punctured the air only to land upon the fabric of his umbrella and join the rest of it's kind off the edges and to the earth below. There was a cool dampness because of the rain, a slightly earthen tone trailing up his keen nose. Others passed him by, either wielding their own umbrellas or walking with a hood upon their heads. Each of them just trying to protect themselves from the rain, he studied them. Their ability to move so carelessly on the sidewalks, knowing that at any time a threat come come their way. Whether it be in the form of a taxi, or a criminal.

Personally he was most watchful for any white coats, the kind that the investigators wore. If he ran into them, it was only a matter of time before they'd start accusing people of being a ghoul. They wanted to make the world better by removing the 'threat', he was considered one of the members who were a threat. Shaking the thoughts from his mind Ide could think clearly once more, a calmness taking control of him. His eyes patrolled the street he walked, of course he didn't have all day to be walking around and doing god knows what. He was on break, meaning as soon as he got back from his little journey he'd have to go right back to work. Of course that was assuming that people would be purchasing a plant in the middle of a rainy day.

The peacefulness of the day had been that they had this rain to begin with. He was never one to turn down the opportunity to deal with less people, it just meant he would have more time for his books. Soon enough he had arrived at his destination, the bookstore. Practically the place he went every chance he got, today however was a special occasion. Opening the door he was to be greeted by a gentle chime of the bell, "Welcome!" The receptionist called out to him from the counter of the smaller store. There was an area for sitting, multiple shelves lined with copies of purchasable books. A small, and yet tasteful section for mature audiences, and finally the thing he had come for. A rectangular mahogany table, piled high with the new releases from upcoming hit-authors. He could feel the joy leaping up to embrace his heart as it seemed to skip a beat from the sight.

Looking down to his watch he made a quick note of exactly how much time was left on his break. If he counted it right then he'd be arriving three minutes before his break was up, which would give him some time to stash the book away. Closing his umbrella he made his way over to the table, two of the 'new' novels were some he'd purchased the week before and read through. The authors of those two were, quaint even a bit distasteful with their writing. The style didn't match with what they were intending to create, however he had no room to push his opinion onto those who didn't inquire it from him.

The other two books that were in stock happened to be, Between Shattered Skies and Oblivious of the Sea both from authors that Ide happened to be quite familiar with. Both happened to draw a substantial amount of inspiration from Takiyoki Shido, an author who typically wrote with an underlying theme. One that was obscured from the untrained eye, those who didn't read his works would never understand that though. It would be too out of range for another to identify, which is why Ide loved his works. However these two authors didn't share that feat, instead they held their own positive traits.

Carefully considering the options he chose the latter of the two and brought it to the counter, "Good afternoon Mr. Eizou. Quite the bit of a storm we're having isn't it?" The lady spoke before taking the money he offered her for the book. "Just a little. I enjoy it though, it's good reading weather" He offered a small smile to the lady who simply smiled in return and waved as he left the establishment, umbrella at the ready. Taking the plastic bag that contained his parcel of brown paper, though this was merely he conatinment for his real purchase an unbroken copy of Oblivious of the Sea, he continued now heading back to Eden. The little flower shop, he held a small amount of pride working there, though his position was nothing to turn heads.

Continuing at this pace he would be there in no time, then maybe if business was slow he could put it off and instead enjoy a few chapters.
    Mentions: N/A

1523458925874.png

1523459040012.png

Shadow rippled as a crow rapidly flapped its wings atop Hane's outstretched arm, the bird leaned in and clicked into the boy's ear, who in turn shifted his gaze back onto the door he'd seen the girl enter through. There didn't appear to be any trenchcoats in the surrounding area, and there were no signs that the girl had been ambushed from inside. Hane clicked his tongue, contemplating whether the risk was even worth it.

A minute passed. He sighed through his nose.

Stepping off the rooftop, Hane's kagune flared, impeding his fall to a slight tap on the wet concrete of the deserted street. After sizing up the entrance, he stepped forward, flinging open the door and stepping into the breadth of Eden.

Inside was the girl he'd spied entering earlier, but other than that it seemed like a closed shop.

"-You here for Eden too?" Hane turned his head slightly to eye the girl suspiciously.

Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse

OOC: Click the button to switch between the ghoul and disguise sides

[class=floatright]
float:right;
width:30%;
[/class]
[class=floatleft]
float:left;
[/class]
[class=Humanback]
background:grey;
background-size:100%;
border:7px dashed black;
[/class]
[class=Ghoulback]
background:url('https://www.rpnation.com/media/tokyo-ghoul-red-eye-2-jpg.35799/full');
background-size:30%;
border:5px double grey;
[/class]
[class=Eye]
[/class]
[class=HumanEye]
border-radius:100%;

overflow:hidden;

border:7px solid #cc9900;

height:73px;

width:125px;
margin: 0 auto;
[/class]
[class=GhoulEye]

height:72px;

[/class]
[class=Species]
width:70px;
background:black;
[/class]
[script class=Eye on=init]
set X 1
[/script]
[script class=Eye on=mouseenter]
if (eq "${X}" 1) (hide HumanEye)
if (eq "${X}" 1) (show GhoulEye)
if (eq "${X}" 2) (show HumanEye)
if (eq "${X}" 2) (hide GhoulEye)
[/script]
[script class=Eye on=mouseleave]
if (eq "${X}" 1) (show HumanEye)
if (eq "${X}" 1) (hide GhoulEye)
if (eq "${X}" 2) (hide HumanEye)
if (eq "${X}" 2) (show GhoulEye)
[/script]
[script class=Eye on=click]
if (eq "${X}" 1) (show Ghoulback) (show Humanback)
if (eq "${X}" 1) (hide Humanback) (hide Ghoulback)
if (eq "${X}" 1) (setText "Disguise" Species) (setText "Awaken RC" Species)
if (eq "${X}" 1) (set X 2) (set X 1)
[/script]

[div class="Eye HumanEye"]pre-ghoul eye.jpg[/div][div class="Eye GhoulEye" style="display:none"]Tokyo-Ghoul-S3E1-Sasaki-Eye.png[/div]
[div class="Eye Species"]Awaken RC[/div]
[div class=Humanback]
Kojinu Koganiku
Paws Kojinu Koganiku Siren Impostor.JPGLooking at the sky this late afternoon, I couldn't help but think about how useful these white coats were turning out, now adding that kept me from getting all wet when it started raining cats and dogs like this afternoon's natural shower (except without the nasty parts of showers). I made a couple mistakes at first, namely leaving the CCG blood unlicked, but ever since then I was on a roll. Before I started wearing one, people would shoot me glances all the time, now they seemed to avert their gazes, and didn't ask questions as often, except to ask if I wanted sugar with my coffee.

Which only made it all the more annoying when someone DID come and ask questions. People who were also wearing these white coats, for the most part, like the two standing before me in the crowded street.

"Know me? Nope, I don't think so?" I stated with a head tilt, turning my eyes away from the sky to the investigators, carefully puling my hat further down to make sure to keep my ears covered and my eyes exposed. I was taught to keep my eyes exposed at all times. It was rude not to look people in the eye when speaking with them, after all. "My name is Hana Yamamuza. Does that help?"

The two white coated dinners looked at each other with grumping noises. One scratched his beard and closed his eyes while the other simply glanced around the coffee shop, before finally concluding they didn't, in fact, know anyone with my face and the name I just made up. They sighed together and smiled, the woman waving her arms in front of her in apology.

"No, we apologize. We've been a little worried since there is appearantly a ghoul that goes around with an investigator's attire. Have you heard of the Siren impostor?"

Naturally, I shook my head. I loved being praised.

"It seems they don't kill a lot, but when they do kill, it's always in a bundle. They haven't killed any major investigators so far, except for one, but it seems there was a major involvement of a group of ghouls targeting that investigator. Not that it matters to us common folk, we're nobody important. The branch is busy with something else, so they barely send anyone to deal with minor threats like the impostor."

We said our goodbyes after a while, and I returned to the rain as did they, smiling as if they weren't dinner anymore. Maybe they would be dinner another time though. My stomach growled a little at the thought, so I opened my mouth a little. The salt tasted horribly, but it was nice getting a little water before a meal. I shook my body, and sniffed the air. It felt almost a little hazy with teh rain dampening my sense of smell, but even then, my trusty nose was still good enough to help me remember where I left one of my reserves. While I preferred my meals fresh, you can't always have what you want. Even I knew that much. If I didn't I would not bear the horrid smells that filled my nostrils with every breath, the typical rotten, crappy smells of human dinner. It was nice though that admidst all that there was at least the saving grace of a the scent of people. My stomach growled a little again. Looking down to hide it, I licked my lips.

As soon as I was in an area with less of a crowd, I decided to sprint a little. I swooshed past a couple of pedestrians, a little too fast to tell of which type they were in this rain, but I was sure to avoid rushing near crowded areas, centers where the white coats gathered or anywhere that would be too exposed, like leaping. As i approached a forestal area, I allowed myself to indulge in skipping and splashing in the puddles, sniffing the air in between to guide myself towards that place, until at last I reached the little mound, completely unnoticeable if one wasn't looking for it or trying to smell it out. I dropped my knees into the ground, removed the gloves and began excitedly digging into it, until I found that little purple dagger I'd been chewing lately, and some leftovers from a couple of weeks ago. I grabbed them directly with my teeth, the leftovers that is, and picked up the quinque. With this kind of weaponry, no wonder those low-class investigators kept dying. Well, it WAS nice of them to always bring desert though.

Satisfied and still chewing on my meal, I decided to head to my temporary home. I could never stay in one place for too long, CCG wouldn't allow it, but that parking lot had been a surprisingly fitting place for me. Maybe I should make it into a castle of my own? Nah, it sounded fun to have a castle, but making one sounded like a hassle.[/div][div class=Ghoulback style="display:none"]
Paws/Siren Impostor
[div class=floatright]kagune1.2.jpg[/div][div class=floatleft]kagune1.2 (2).jpg[/div]

Looking at the sky this late afternoon, I couldn't help but think about how useful these white coats were turning out, now adding that kept me from getting all wet when it started raining cats and dogs like this afternoon's natural shower (except without the nasty parts of showers). I made a couple mistakes at first, namely leaving the CCG blood unlicked, but ever since then I was on a roll. Before I started wearing one, people would shoot me glances all the time, now they seemed to avert their gazes, and didn't ask questions as often, except to ask if I wanted sugar with my coffee.

Which only made it all the more annoying when someone DID come and ask questions. People who were also wearing these white coats, for the most part, like the two standing before me in the crowded street.

"Know me? Nope, I don't think so?" I stated with a head tilt, turning my eyes away from the sky to the investigators, carefully puling my hat further down to make sure to keep my ears covered and my eyes exposed. I was taught to keep my eyes exposed at all times. It was rude not to look people in the eye when speaking with them, after all. "My name is Hana Yamamuza. Does that help?"

The two white coated dinners looked at each other with grumping noises. One scratched his beard and closed his eyes while the other simply glanced around the coffee shop, before finally concluding they didn't, in fact, know anyone with my face and the name I just made up. They sighed together and smiled, the woman waving her arms in front of her in apology.

"No, we apologize. We've been a little worried since there is appearantly a ghoul that goes around with an investigator's attire. Have you heard of the Siren impostor?"

"It seems they don't kill a lot, but when they do kill, it's always in a bundle. They haven't killed any major investigators so far, except for one, but it seems there was a major involvement of a group of ghouls targeting that investigator. Not that it matters to us common folk, we're nobody important. The branch is busy with something else, so they barely send anyone to deal with minor threats like the impostor."

We said our goodbyes after a while, and I returned to the rain as did they, smiling as if they weren't dinner anymore. Maybe they would be dinner another time though. My stomach growled a little at the thought, so I opened my mouth a little. The salt tasted horribly, but it was nice getting a little water before a meal. I shook my body, and sniffed the air. It felt almost a little hazy with teh rain dampening my sense of smell, but even then, my trusty nose was still good enough to help me remember where I left one of my reserves. While I preferred my meals fresh, you can't always have what you want. Even I knew that much. If I didn't I would not bear the horrid smells that filled my nostrils with every breath, the typical rotten, crappy smells of human dinner. It was nice though that admidst all that there was at least the saving grace of a the scent of people. My stomach growled a little again. Looking down to hide it, I licked my lips.

As soon as I was in an area with less of a crowd, I decided to sprint a little. I swooshed past a couple of pedestrians, a little too fast to tell of which type they were in this rain, but I was sure to avoid rushing near crowded areas, centers where the white coats gathered or anywhere that would be too exposed, like leaping. As i approached a forestal area, I allowed myself to indulge in skipping and splashing in the puddles, sniffing the air in between to guide myself towards that place, until at last I reached the little mound, completely unnoticeable if one wasn't looking for it or trying to smell it out. I dropped my knees into the ground, removed the gloves and began excitedly digging into it, until I found that little purple dagger I'd been chewing lately, and some leftovers from a couple of weeks ago. I grabbed them directly with my teeth, the leftovers that is, and picked up the quinque. With this kind of weaponry, no wonder those low-class investigators kept dying. Well, it WAS nice of them to always bring desert though.

Satisfied and still chewing on my meal, I decided to head to my temporary home. I could never stay in one place for too long, CCG wouldn't allow it, but that parking lot had been a surprisingly fitting place for me. Maybe I should make it into a castle of my own? Nah, it sounded fun to have a castle, but making one sounded like a hassle.
[/div]

Kojinu Koganiku/Paws/Siren Impostor
Looking at the sky this late afternoon, I couldn't help but think about how useful these white coats were turning out, now adding that kept me from getting all wet when it started raining cats and dogs like this afternoon's natural shower (except without the nasty parts of showers). I made a couple mistakes at first, namely leaving the CCG blood unlicked, but ever since then I was on a roll. Before I started wearing one, people would shoot me glances all the time, now they seemed to avert their gazes, and didn't ask questions as often, except to ask if I wanted sugar with my coffee.

Satisfied and still chewing on my meal, I decided to head to my temporary home. I could never stay in one place for too long, CCG wouldn't allow it, but that parking lot had been a surprisingly fitting place for me. Maybe I should make it into a castle of my own? Nah, it sounded fun to have a castle, but making one sounded like a hassle.

Last edited:
"Do you want to die? ... Just kidding!"

125655.jpg
Mood: Bored
Carrying: Nothing, really
Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

Kaito hummed as she rearranged the figurines she kept on her desk. All cutesy anime characters from Manga and anime that she had taken a liking to, they were one of the few things that she could stave her boredom off when she was stuck in the office. She silently pouted it the colourful toys, as if that would fix the fact that she was bored and had a stack of paperwork that she probably should've gotten around to doing. She walked one of her Nendoroids across her desk, which in turn caused one of the arms to fall off of it. Why was it always the damn arm that was popping off, out of all the pieces that could come off?

"Wonder if they'd say something if I stepped outside... " Kaito mused as she picked the arm up and shoved it back into the joint. She didn't have a particularly bad craving for nicotine, despite the fact that what she would do if she went out was light a cigarette. She just didn't fucking want to work. She'd done enough paperwork already, more could definitely wait until... Later. When she felt like doing it. She put her Nendoroid back on it's stand.

Kaito looked up for a moment when she heard somebody moving nearby- Hato, who she... Didn't precisely talk to very much. Maybe today would be a good day to actually start communicating with him? She mused over the idea for a moment. This was her teammate, she should probably actually get to know the man. Then again, was she truly that concerned about him? Could it hurt to talk to him? Asking her teammate if he wanted to eat lunch with her wouldn't be considered strange. She was sure that they had talked to each other enough for it to be percieved as friendly instead of creepy. It wasn't like she was asking to go to a bar with him.

"Hey Chase-san!" She cheerfully chimed at the man, waving at him so that he'd look toward her. She couldn't help but momentarily think about how much taller he was than she was- if he tried anything, she'd aim for his legs. Despite her friendly demeanor, she didn't yet trust him as far as she could throw him. Scratch that, she might actually have been able to throw him if she tried hard enough. Maybe, she wasn't sure, she didn't typically throw people.

"You wanna get lunch with me, man? I'll buy. Think Hattori might be getting tired of eating with me," Kaito chuckled at the end of her statement, brushing a few strands of white hair out of her eyes. Maybe this would be good encouragement for her to eat something other than just cake for lunch? No, she didn't care if Hato judged her for eating just sweets, but realistically she'd be hungry again within a couple hours if she did only eat cake.

OOC: Out of curiosity I may or may not have stolen your template Entity........ Yup. Just wanted to see how these things worked.

• Ishikawa Touma

Touma was sitting at the 11th ward branch office. He was relaxing in a chair, his feet on the table ask he read a book. he had an earbud in one of his ears, with classical music playing, while he left his other ear unplugged so that he could listen to the rain. He liked the sound of the rain, rain was nice. He always loved rain, less people went outside when it was raining, and it left places nice a quiet. He liked quiet places, so of course this was a time he enjoyed most. He paused reading 'Norwegian Wood' to look at the lump crawling up the inside of his shirt. He smiled a little, as a small white creature pops it's head out. "Did you hide inside my pocket again Silver?" he asks the mouse which was now crawling across his chest. He shifted his book to one hand, and scooped the mouse, apparently Silver, up with the new-free hand, and lifted him up. "I guess you can hang out in my pocket today." he says with a smile before carefully dumping the white mouse in his chest pocket before sitting up a bit straighter and continuing to read his book from where he left off.
    Mentions: N/A

[/div][/QUOTE]

[div class="container"] [div class="characterImage"] [div class="characterName humanName"] SORA [/div] [div class="characterTitle humanTitle"] INVESTIGATOR [/div] [div class="characterName godName" style="display: none; color: #0B5394;"] 'WITCHBOY' [/div] [div class="characterTitle godTitle" style="display: none; padding-right: 45px; padding-left: 0px; color: #0B5394;"] FIRST-CLASS [/div] [div class="tagsContainer" style="display: none;"] At: INVESTIGATOR OFFICE [/div] [/div]

[div class="textContainer"] [div class="textChild"] [div class="text"]
In the investigator office of Squad 36 sat Sora Shirakawa- recently promoted first-class ghoul investigator, hardened fighter, and newly changed man.

He stared deeply at his soulmate, her perfect brown eyes crinkling as she smiled that girlish grin that would make any straight man blush. It was those springy black pigtails, those lips the color of licorice, that body the shape of a fine Tang-dynasty meiping vase- oh! What Sora would do to make her his!

The tortured man let out a long sigh filled with pain, reaching out to stroke her glowing cheek.

What he touched instead was the cold, unfeeling glass of his computer monitor, which was emblazoned with the words FIND-YOUR-KPOP-SOULMATE.COM. Underneath it was a smiling girl, who sang and waved her pixelated arms in a complicated dance routine forever captured by a low-resolution gif. The caption was in hot pink.

93% MATCH: Kim Nara, main dancer of TYL Girl Group. BUY MERCH HEREà

In the distance, Sora heard the voice of his colleague Kaito asking Hato if he wanted to go out for food. This brought the forlorn man back from his fantasy land. With another sigh, he closed the webpage with the click of a button. Nara’s face flickered and disappeared, leaving Sora with nothing but a dark reflection of himself on the screen- sad, defeated, eyebrows creased.
What a curse it was, to fall in love with every pretty girl he would never have a chance with.

Get yourself together, man! Sora slapped his cheeks a couple times before turning towards Kaito in his plush swivel chair, raking back messy spikes of red hair with a gloved hand as he smiled as brightly as his new k-pop queen.

“Can I come with, dude? Or… dudes, I guess. If Hato’s gonna come too.” He looked questioningly at the serious investigator.

He didn’t really know enough about either of them to make any real judgments, but if he had to guess, they had both come from tough backgrounds and were just making the best of it. Like they all were. Eating with people you knew was a good way to blow off steam.
[/div] [/div]
[/div] [/div] [class=background] width: 100%; height: 725px; padding-top: 25px; background-color: #ECEBD4; [/class] [class=container] width: 500px; height: 700px; margin: auto; display: inline [/class] [class=characterName] color: White; font-family: Syncopate, Sans-Serif; font-size: 60px; font-weight: 900; text-align: center; padding: 70px 15px 0px; 15px; [/class] [class=characterTitle] color: White; font-family: Montserrat, Sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: center; margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 25px; [/class] [class=tagsContainer] width: 30%; background-color: #353530; padding: 15px; font-family: Montserrat, Sans-Serif; font-size: 10px; margin: auto; color: white; [/class] [class=characterImage] width: 500px; height: 250px; background: url(http://imgur.com/VTmLbup.jpg) no-repeat center top; display: inline-block; background-clip: border-box; [/class] [class name=characterImage state=hover] width: 500px; height: 250px; background: url(http://imgur.com/VTmLbup.jpg) no-repeat center top; display: inline-block; background-clip: border-box; [/class] [class=textContainer] width: 100%; height: 400px; font-family: Raleway, Sans-serif; overflow: hidden; display: inline-block; border-left: 6px solid #0B5394; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=textChild] width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding: 0px 17px 0px 10px; display: inline-block; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=text] display: inline-block; text-align: justify; margin-right: 15px; [/class] [script class=characterImage on=mouseenter] hide humanName hide humanTitle fadeIn 500 godName fadeIn 500 godTitle fadeIn 500 tagsContainer [/script] [script class=characterImage on=mouseleave] hide godName hide godTitle hide tagsContainer fadeIn 500 humanName fadeIn 500 humanTitle [/script]​

CCG Branch Office – Ota (11th Ward)]
Interacting with: Kaito ( Necromantic Necromantic ) Nearby: Sora ( faith-syndrome faith-syndrome ), Hato ( Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak ) Mentioned: Siren-Impersonator ( Idea Idea )
tumblr_mwo726dgaj1s3isvso1_1280.jpg
Guren couldn't help but sigh for perhaps the thousandth time in the day as he quietly stared at the cityscape of the 11th district through the window near his desk, his normally gleeful and oozing with energy atmosphere nowhere to be seen as his whole self simply exuded a singular melancholy, almost as if the rain washing away the normally unbearable noise of the city and obscuring the view of the landscape brought back to him memories of days long gone, plunging him into a deep melancholy as he drowned in the nostalgia... Or so one would think if not knowledgeable enough about the character of the person in question.

In truth, tough, the source of all the seemingle melancholy present in the investigator's posture was away more clear than a sense of yearning for something long gone or anything of the genre, being, in fact, a direct result of an affliction common to most of humankind since ancient times and obviously shared by Guren: The unwillingness to deal with burocracy and how that always ended up causing trouble later. For Guren, in specific, the trouble came in the form of an absurdly large stack of papers that filled the entirety of his table, threatening to throw him into an endless sea of boredom as he painstakingly tried to resist the urge to run away and throw the troublesome things to the Squad Leader to solve once he gets back from his trip to another district - urge that would soon take over him, as it didn't take more than 30 seconds for him to once more get up for yet another "stretch session" (as he called his random walks around the office).

Fortunately for him - And for all the poor souls he'd stop to bother if he did walk around the office - this specific "stretch session" would have to be delayed in favour of a much more important task, as right before he got the chance to leave the room a single file fell from the top of the absurdly thick stack of papers, drawing his attention as he moved to fetch it due to the singular fact that it was, on the opposite of most of the other files in the stack, something that he actually could use for his current case - the investigation of the recent cases of spontaneous conflict between small groups of investigators and ghouls and their relation to the mysterious figure called as Siren-Impostor, a supposed ghoul who became well-known for disguising as an investigator and leading low-ranked groups towards their demise in multiple occasions.

The specific relation between the report and the case? Easy: this specific file contained a fairly unimpressive report sent by a minor squad of Bureau Investigators detailing their encounter with a supposed partnerless investigator named Hana Yamamuza and how she handed them information about a local gang of ghouls hidding in a local mall's parking lot as well as communicating their decision to raid the area before the gang had the opportunity to run away while taking advantage of the presence of the higher ranked investigator, a move that while more than acceptable under normal circumstances could be potentially fatal now that the impostor walked around, as most definitely matched the modus operandi demonstrated by the ghoul until now, urging Guren into running away from his small office in search of his partner.

It didn't take long for him to reach the trio of investigators that stood near the offices as Kaito decided to try "his" luck at inviting Hato for a dinner, and it took even less for him to directly ignore the presence of the other investigators in the area and bump his way towards Kaito, directly discarding any sense of courtesy as his right hand directly moved to grab the area around Kaito's left shoulder - a move that he would normally avoid making due to knowing his partner's lack of love for others touching "him" or surprises - hurriedly voicing a few sentences as he urged the other investigator come with him. "We got to go now, got a fresh new lead on the Impostor case and we need to rush to XXX Mall right now if we want to use it."

Last edited:

Dr. Akira Horiyama's Clinic -- Setagaya (12th Ward)
Akari-karneval-31633706-350-500.jpg

It was as if he was being presented with rare delicacy. A juicy, tender piece of meat dangled in front of him, daring him to take a bite. An aroma so tantalizing, it aroused the senses without ever having to touch the taste buds. The kind that drew flies to honey. Moths to flames.

Fortunately, Akira Horiyama was no moth.

Fingers moving along the stitches of his patient’s arm, there was nothing on the doctor’s face that showed an inkling of the thoughts running through his head. Nothing but pure professionalism as he studied the threads. “Does it hurt?”

“Not as much as it used to.”

“That’s good,” Removing his white-gloved hand, Akira jotted some notes down onto the clipboard he held. “No need to prescribe for you anymore painkillers then.”

“Awwww, Dooooc. Y’know my knees still ache.”

Yuji Hachimaru. A rank 3 investigator that had a bad run in with a ghoul. Or, at least, that’s what was on the record. Being a civilian, Akira wasn’t made privy to the exact details of what happened. Just the bare minimum he needed to know. However, Hachimaru complained enough about the event that he got a general picture. The idiot had gone looking for trouble.

“In that case, you should take better care of it, Hachimaru-san. Even if you’re an officer of CCG, you’re still human. That body of yours can only take so much damage before it begins to deteriorate.”

“Damn right! I ain’t no monster like those ghouls. It infuriates me how people don’t realize we’re only trying to protect them. Always complaining ‘bout something. Internet this. School restrictions that. Don’t they know that there are monsters hiding among us!? Who in their right mind would want their kid sitting next to a possible monster? Never knowing when they might be eaten. Never feeling safe. I work so damn hard for them and all I hear are complaints— ”

The rant went on and on, Akira dutifully listening to human’s whining. That was half his job. Listening to patients complain about this pain. That pain. How their wives were giving them headaches. How they stubbed their toe on a rock that had gotten in their way. He couldn’t even count how patients came to him with imaginary pains that they simply wanted medicine for. Doctors were confidants in regards to health. A good doctor had the trust of their patients. And Akira Horiyama had molded himself after a good doctor. Though he sometimes regretted it.

“—don’t even have the time to find me a good woman…Speaking of which, I heard you’ve landed yourself a fine catch! When’s the marriage?”

“I’ve left all the details up to Reiko. You’ll have to ask her.”

Laughing loudly, Hachimaru clapped Akira on the back and the ghoul resisted the urge to break the human’s arm. It would only undo his fine sutures. “You’re a lucky man, Doc. Am I good to go?”

“Yes you are. The stitches can be removed in a couple more days. Do your best to keep the wound clean until then. An infection would only slow the healing process. I’ll prescribe you something for the knee, but tapering off the narcotics is best. Wouldn’t want you to get addicted, Hachimaru-san.”

The fact that he was a sadist might have a little to do with it as well.

Letting his nurse handle the rest, Akira said his usual farewells to Hachimaru, before returning to his private office. His phone had been vibrating for a while. Pulling out the device from his back pocket, Akira read the text his fiancé had sent him. She wanted a date. A dinner.

He read the text once more before sending his reply.

Lucky was he? He supposed in some ways he was luckier than other ghouls. He’d finished his education, before CCG began imposing their heavy regulations. He’d chosen a profession that had the easiest access to human bodies. Given the race he’d been born into, Akira would say he’d taken the most optimal path for survival.

Ghouls, as a species, were weak. Those drunk on their own individual strength believed otherwise. However, Akira knew better. Even the canine species had better survivability…a wider range of nutrients to consume. Ghouls were dependent on humans as food source. Once humans were gone, they would follow. They’d have to resort to eating each other until the population dwindled to extinction. Humans, on the other hand, were adaptable. Clever. With the CCG growing as strong as they had, using the ghoul weapons against them, coexistence was—in Akira’s mind—the best route.

For ghouls. Not for humans.

Lips curving upward, Akira glanced out the window at pouring rain. Reiko would probably expect him to bring her flowers. Orchids. Humans were sentimental like that.

code by Purity Purity , background edited by Inconstant Inconstant

Last edited:

Hato stopped mid-stride, casting an eye down at his colleague. Recognition struck pretty quickly. He'd spent well over week since his assignment to Squad 36 before he learned Kaito was indeed female. Still, despite being squad mates, they hadn't talked much, so for her to offer dining company was quite out of the blue.

Stranger still, the young investigator kept glancing at his kneecaps, as if contemplating how easily they'd be kicked in. Hato took a casual step backwards.

"Fujiwara, I appreciate the offer, but I don't believe I've ever seen you eat a remotely nutritious lunch. If we eat together, I'd encourage you to to at least eat something healthy. That metabolism of yours will fail you one day." He kept his face utterly blank, even if he couldn't resist a little teasing. Their lunch plans, however, came to an abrupt halt as Hattori popped up with a lead on a case. "-Perhaps next time, Fujiwara." Hato shifted his eyes back to Kaito. "That is if you don't end up as Siren's lunch plan." He raised an arm as if to clap her on the shoulder, but for whatever reason decided against it and continued on.

Necromantic Necromantic Arne Arne

Last edited:

• Ide Eizou
    Taking a moment to himself as he continued down this dreary side-walk his thoughts began to wander. Coming to Eden had been an odd situation for him, not so much to learning about about it being an establishment to help ghouls. He had joined because he figured it would be an easy job for a college drop-out like himself. Not one that could endanger his life occasionally. Despite this he grew an attachment to this place, a little inconspicuous flower shop, honestly the idea for a place more perfect than this slipped his mind. A bookstore could work but then they wouldn't have an ability to really hide the ghouls, since they'd need much less workers in that scenario.

A familiar scent hit his nose, the one of freshly brewed coffee. It was a delicate aroma, one similar to an earthen element. His heart skipped a beat at the mere thought of how a cup of coffee would go over right now, he might need one of those in a little while. He jotted it down somewhere in the many notes he kept in is head. Some were quotes from books, page numbers, or even dates in time. Continuing on his pathway he arrived quickly enough to a little ways off from the exterior of the building. Staring through the window from the distance he could see three bodies standing there.

Great... He thought to himself before moving forwards again, treading quietly despite the slight splash of water that came with each footstep. He reached the door in no time and pulled it open, glancing around at each of the new faces and then back to Haru. He merely had to enter the room to get the scent of the two new ghouls, which replaced the freshly roasted sensation he had moments earlier. He had merely heard the tail end of Haru's greetings as he placed his umbrella into the basket by the door.

He gave a moment for the door to shut behind him before shaking his head for a moment at his dirt-coated coworker. He cleared his throat as he continued inside, "Two ghouls. They're probably here on either rumors or to deliver a message, humor them for a bit. I'll go grab the boss" Ide spoke and continued past Milos. Offering only a moment to brush some of the dirt off his accomplices shoulder. It merely hit the floor in the dried and crumbled mess it was, that would be something he'd need to sweep up later as they did daily. For now there were more important matters to tend to, Such as the two ghouls who had shown up. Maybe, if he was lucky, the boss would have orders for him.

Maybe he'd have to track down some rumored ghoul or another unknown entity. Ascending the staircase he made his way to the second floor, pulling the key from his pocket he unlocked the door and entered it quickly after. The door shut with as quiet a thump as Ide could manage and the male locked the door back once more. Moving down the darkened hallway he soon approached a room, the floorboards sounded off ever so gently as he moved. Releasing a small squeak on one specific floorboard, Ide hated that floorboard, it was something to be fixed at a later date. Getting outside the boss's door he rapped his knuckles, the knock coming off as one typical enough, not one of urgency and not one of weakness. "It's Ide. We had two new ones show up, plus I figured I should come and see if you had anything I need to do" He spoke simply enough, placing the book down on the hallway table he waited for a response.
    Mentions: Purity Purity Kimona Kimona Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak

"Do you want to die? ... Just kidding!"

125655.jpg
Mood: A bit concerned
Carrying: Nothing, really
Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak Arne Arne faith-syndrome faith-syndrome

Kaito used her foot to turn her chair a bit as she heard a third voice chime in, asking if he could go to lunch with them. It seemed Sora wanted to join eat lunch with her, even if Hato said no. She couldn't think of any objections that she'd have in regards to spending some time with him- Sure, him fawning over every woman he saw could he a tad bit annoying, but she was sure the same could be said in regard to her tendency to gawk at attractive men. She didn't even need to worry about him trying to hit on her, she'd... never corrected anyone in the office on her gender. She was pretty sure that Associate Special Class Kiro knew that she was a woman, but that was only due to the fact that he would've had to look over her papers.

"Of course, the more the merrier!" That was, if Hato went with them. If he didn't, Kaito supposed it would just be her and Sora. Maybe Guren if she asked him. "Aw, how many times do I need to tell you to call me Kaito, Chase-san? You don't need to use my last name. And I eat more than sweets!" Kaito pouted up at Hato, though she soon snickered at the statement, breaking her temperamental façade. "What about Yakiniku or Curry? Those sound good right now."

If Hato wanted to doubt her health, maybe she should show him the handful of supplements that she took every day. Then she was pretty sure he'd have something to doubt.

Kaito's expression changed for a moment when a hand unexpectedly grabbed her shoulder and ushered her out of her chair, her right hand shooting up to take hold of the wrist attached to the offending hand. Guren's voice caused her to blink, snapping back to reality before she could try to break his arm or worse. Oh, it was just her partner grabbing her shoulder, and she could very well pull away from him if she needed to. The urgency in Guren's voice told her that not following him wasn't exactly an option at this moment.

"... Field work." Despite her boredom at the desk, Kaito had actually been hoping that she wouldn't need to go out to investigate or, worse yet, fight. While she wouldn't show it to her teammates, she didn't feel well at all, and even standing up as quickly as she had made her light headed. If Guren had come after she had eaten, maybe it would be a different story- then she'd have at least had something in her stomach to boost her sugar and iron some. This was apparently at a mall... Probably not a situation where she'd be stationed somewhere with her sniper rifle. If it came to a fight, she would definitely be using a Quinque or handgun. ...As long as the fight was ended quickly, she was pretty sure she could manage.

"Well, we don't have time to waste then, do we?" Kaito replied, her voice, while still as cheerful as ever, had a more serious edge to it. The fact that she took her work seriously despite her light hearted personality was one of the things that had assisted in getting her promoted to First Class as quickly as she had been, though her violent reactions to other people touching her had been something that prevented her from being paired up with a Junior Investigator. Sometimes, she was pretty sure that she was just paired up with Guren because the higher ups thought he could survive her violent outbursts. It was just convenient that she actually liked him.

How could Guren remain standing after she punched him? She'd been trying to figure that out since she first swung on her partner. Was he also Half Human?

Eden – Setagaya (12th Ward)

tokyo_ghoul_oc_sheet___arai_mitsuki_by_yuminari-d8hgrkd.png
Ishi hummed a light melody, holding her hand out so that she could feel raindrops slide down her wrist. The water felt cool and refreshing after a long day spent inside working. Even though the weather meant that they had less customers than usual, that didn't mean that there wasn't work to be done.

Her left hand was covered in dirt from moving an ivy plant to a bigger pot. The vines were getting too long, to the point that it looked less like it was growing out of a pot and more like it was growing itself out of thin air. The vines probably needed to be cut instead of given more room, but Ishi liked the way the ivy looked when it was hanging from the ceiling.

She cupped her hands and once enough water had gathered she carefully moved back inside and angled her fingers down, watching the water soak into the soil around the ivy plant. Ishi gave herself a few more seconds to enjoy the storm before she closed the window and gathered the broom and a few rags. She got to work cleaning up the excess dirt that had spilled over and dabbing at the water she accidentally let in.

Ishi was in the middle of re-hanging the plant in the middle of the back room when she heard voices out front. She was a little surprised that they had customers this late, didn't climb down from the step ladder, confident that Milos could point them to what they were looking for without help. Though she paused when she saw Ide heading towards where Hanae was, coming from the front.

Ishi finished hanging the plant as fast as she could and then went to the front to see what was going on. She peeked around the corner as Milos interacted with the two, sniffing them out as ghouls. She wondered what type of flowers they were looking for, or if they were even there for that at all.

Last edited:

Hane eyed the greeting employee as the girl popped the question he was about to voice himself. As he anticipated a response, Hane began glancing around. A flower shop for the safe harbouring of ghouls - the idea was ludicrous, though Hane supposed that was the point. No trenchcoats would be poking around a flower shop for holed-up ghouls.

It didn't do much for his nerves that the girl kept glancing back at him.

He flinched as another employee popped up, female, and noticeably younger than him by a slight degree. Unlike her colleague, however, Hane instantly placed her as a Ghoul. After a second, he flicked his eyes back to the dude who'd stepped up to greet them.

"If this is the Eden, why are you - a human - working the counter?" Hane tilted his head, running beady eye over the human male. Human or not, there was still an underlying ghoulish smell that didn't make him too appetizing.

Kimona Kimona Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse S n o w S n o w

Last edited:

• Ishikawa Touma

Mentions: Mice. always the mice. [USER=56687]@faith-syndrome[/USER] | At this point I don't know who else is nearby and so on.Touma eventually finished his chapter in his book and closed it after putting a bookmark in it. He then removed his feet from the table and stood up heading into the area where some of his other co-workers were. He didn't even glance at them as he headed to his desk, putting his book down onto it. "Well if they can't come, I'd certainly be happy to join you for lunch." He states simply in his flat tone of voice, only turning to look at them now, with his right hand on his hip. He was a bit hungry as is, and if he went with co-workers he might get the chance to learn a bit more about them, and that was always helpful.

N a___S o r i
O0JEDX6.jpg
Sori sat in the darkness of her study, illuminated only by the glow of her graphics tablet. She absently tapped her pen against its mirrored surface, leaving dots of digital ink on the canvas.

The next chapter of Tasty! was laid out across the screen in garish shades of red and blue that marked the foregrounds and backgrounds. Uni Lee, its charismatic male lead, brandished two forks at her from the screen. He was grinning like he’d just made a particularly clever joke, probably some pun regarding the curled entrails of the CCG officer he was standing atop.

She scratched her chin, narrowed her eyes… hmm.

Uni’s expression was lacking something. It was too vanilla. Sori twirled her pen around and erased his casual smirk, replacing it with a giant U that made him seem more insane than charismatic.

Eh. At least it spiced things up. The current story arc was already getting boring. Then again, she could always kill off this arrogant fucktard Uni and replace him with someone more erratic, more dynamic-

The sudden knocking at her door was by no means rough, but still made the delicate arching stems of the Bleeding Heart plant on her desk shiver, dropping a single pink teardrop of a flower onto Sori’s tablet. She carelessly pocketed it before rising from her seat, which scratched backwards on the floor.

Ide’s voice, slightly muffled by the plank of wood between them, informed her of two ‘new ones’. Sori wanted to groan. Ghouls? At this hellish hour?

She cracked open the door with long, pale fingers. “Aw, dammit. Do you recognize either of ‘em?” she grumbled as she squinted into the hallway. She could just barely make out his outline in the darkness, she’d been staring at the glowing tablet for so long. “Anyone who’s been making the news lately?”

It was a rhetorical question. Ide was a nice kid (Sori was in the bad habit of referring to anyone under the age of twenty as ‘kid’, though she was merely twenty years old herself) if not a little closed off. If he had passed them by without challenging them, they probably appeared fine, at least externally. Sori brushed past him with a sigh, hand up and twitching in the universal sign of follow me.

Backup would be nice in the very rare, very unfortunate event that the two new ghouls were sleeper agents for Leviathan.

At the nursery, Sori was greeted by the sight of some suspicious-looking creep approaching her clerk. Her human clerk. She hung back, leaning against the back wall under the shade of a particularly large ficus, watching through narrowed eyes. The two ghouls had been noticed by Ishi as well- good girl- though she didn’t engage them. Yet.

Neither did Sori, who was content to grab the figurative popcorn and watch how the three handled the situation. If the new ghouls sought out Eden simply because they were curious, or because they genuinely needed its services, then they would do no such thing.

She thumbed the bleeding heart flower. In a perfect world, the two would harbor no malicious intent towards the nursery. It was, after all, her job to make sure ghouls that knew of Eden’s true purpose weren’t wandering around the city if they didn’t side with Eden’s beliefs.

Disposing of ghouls was always a pain in the ass.

She raised an eyebrow as Suspicious Ghoul asked a rather interrogative question to poor Milos, and suddenly she was speaking.

“Most people who work in small stores are human, I figure,” she said mildly. She stepped forward, arms crossed. “What, you gotta problem with that?”

1523686637028.png

1523686617595.png
Necromantic Necromantic Arne Arne faith-syndrome faith-syndrome Kimona Kimona Purity Purity Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak @Whoever Else man, IDK who all is here.

In the afternoon's gloomy rays, Ayumi glowed with the ferocity the sky above lacked. To the average individual, this was an odd sight to see on a day swamped by the sky's tears, however to her the day couldn't be any more perfect. To her, every day she walked the earth was a pleasant day to appreciate life - as you never know when yours might end. As she drifted lazily down the rain-soaked streets of the 11th Ward, she admired the scenery that was enveloping her being. All around her the environment popped with a faint outline from the dew etched on their surface, and the trees seemingly sang melodically with each passing gust of wind. Even with the gloomy overcast, occasional specks of sunshine fell upon the streets with harmonious notes. "Ah, what a beautiful day. Don't you think?" She said this to herself almost as expecting a reply from something, however was instead met only by the rains audible chatter by a series of wet *plops*. Carrying ever onwards with the CCG building as her shimmering beacon, she saw a spark of color carved into a facade of depressing grey undertones.

Be it by luck or by wandering around aimlessly, she managed to stumble across a cafe overflowing with life. The beating nature of the cafe continued onwards into the place itself, with the sensation of its life not only being skin-deep. The aroma of coffee being brewed was the first thing to slam into Ayumi upon entering, however the bustling nature of the place also carried onwards throughout the cafe. Despite that though, people seemed to be happy here. Smiles lit up the place like an assortment of stars, and people greeted her with a warm outlook on life. This was furthered as she walked to the polished cherrywood bar that was the center of the cafe, only to be greeted by a girl whose beauty made the interior of the store ever brighter. As she glanced into the ladies warm chestnut brown eyes, Ayumi ordered an assortment of caffeinated beverages for the people in the office. Despite the order costing her around ¥5,300, it didn't seem to make Ayumi any less happy. To her, servicing others was a good thing. She was the Angel of Mercy afterall, so a few thousand Yen for her colleagues to have a better day wouldn't matter much to her.

The main problem for her was the issue of carrying the stuff all the way back. She never did think things through all the way.

As she made her way back with pallets of coffee towering above her head, it would seem as if she was going to die from exhaustion alone. With each passing step the goods weighed her down ever more, and her side soon began to ache from the extended physical torment. Despite it all Ayumi made it to the area her group was located in before she finally crumpled under pressure, but not before she shoved them on a nearby table. As she did so, the tower of caffeinated power began to fall. In order to save the coffee and the cleanliness of the office, she tossed herself between the two conflicting sides. Despite the coffee being saved, her favorite blouse was coated with specks of brown from a rouge cup seeking vengeance. "Aw c'mon, I almost did it! Goddamn butterfingers..", Ayumi said with a whiny sigh of disappointment. Her eyes shone with a coat of sadness for a brief moment, however they quickly lit up again once she remembered she spared the coffees existence. "Oh yeah guys, I bought some coffee by the way! I saw you guys drooling over your papers, so thought it'd be wise to sneak out to get some."

Eden -- Setagaya (12th Ward)
Akari-karneval-31633706-350-500.jpg
Rain.

To some it in the tears from Heaven that brought forth life. To others, it’s simply water condensed from the vapors of earth’s atmosphere. A natural consequence of living in an abundantly blue planet. Akira was more inclined to the later definition than the former, since he was a scientist. His field of expertise was physiology, not ecology, but—at the end of the day—they all fell under the same umbrella.

The science of life.

All cells needed water. Animal cells. RC cells. Plant cells. Ghouls were no different than humans in that regard. Outwardly, all their organs were the same. Two eyes, two ears, two arms, two legs. Yet their internal structures were a completely different matter. Having compared both a ghoul and a human corpse, Akira could tell. Ghouls and humans weren’t the same at all. RC cells. Digestive enzymes. Muscle cells. Taste receptors. Everything down to the cellular level, from rate of signal transduction to regenerative capabilities were completely different.

But they still needed water. Blood was 50% water. His morning coffee consisted of 180 mLs of water. Not sure how he would've made it through the day otherwise.

Stopping in front of a small flower shop, Akira let the scent of ghouls and humans drive away his thoughts. Just one human—the usual clerk whose name he never bothered remembering since he figured that the poor fool working in a den of predators would've wound up dead by now. Apparently he’d thought wrong. Not that it mattered much to him. If anything it raised his opinion of the store’s owner(s)—as a fellow businessman and ghoul.

Survival meant keeping a low profile. That was why he opted to open his own small clinic rather than work in one of his adoptive parents’ larger hospitals. His parents though he wanted independence. His peers thought he was crazy. His fiancé thought him humble. None knew his true reasons and Akira would prefer it keep it that way for as long as he could. Ghouls that stood out too much, like the ones that had joined Leviathan, ended up dead.

Closing his umbrella upon entering the shop, Akira shook off droplets of water before finally looking up. He counted one, two, three, four ghouls. However, other than making a mental note of their numbers, Akira didn’t care what other ghouls did—whether they formed gangs or hunted on their own. Whether they fought the CCG or not. His policy when dealing with his own kind had always been the same—they didn’t bother him, he didn’t bother them.

A policy that might have to be changed given how persistent CCG had been of late.

For now though, he just wanted flowers. Seeing as the human clerk and Na Sori seemed distracted by ghouls numbers two and three, Akira directed his gaze to the fourth ghoul peeking from the corner…who he assumed was also a shop employee.

“I’d like a small bouquet of orchids,” He checked his watch. Other than removing his lab coat, Akira hadn’t changed his clothes, heading straight to the nearest flower shop after his work was finished. Even then, he might still be late given the restaurant Reiko had chosen for them. “Any color will do. Just arrange the flowers in a way you think a girl would like.”

His request was simple and clipped. In front of other ghouls, he didn’t really feel the need to put up a ‘nice doctor’ persona since there was no real benefit in it for him. They likely recognized him as one of their kind from the start. In a community of ghouls, appearing weak only proved disadvantageous...though the 12th ward was relatively peaceful. Looking up, he glanced casually at the three ghouls interacting before letting his eyes drift to the various flora displayed as he waited for his order. Flowers to mask the scent of flesh and blood, no doubt. If he weren't good at recognizing the scent of blood, he might not have noticed. It wasn't his first time at the shop. Nor was he anything close like a regular customer. He was simply a ghoul in the community who enjoyed conveniences and occasionally accompanied his girlfriend on her shopping excursions.

S n o w S n o w , Inconstant Inconstant , Kimona Kimona , Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse , Purity Purity

code by Purity Purity , background edited by Inconstant Inconstant

Hane nodded slowly at the human's answer. While he didn't have too many fond interactions with mankind, anyone who wasn't trying to rip the kagune out of his back was alright in his book.

It was about then that another ghoul had appeared, a presence Hane didn't even notice until a question had popped in out of thin air. "No, no problem here." He crooked his neck to eye this newly-appeared ghoul. "Just musing the irony." Leather tapped on wood as Hane ambled forward, centering himself in the nursery, flicking his gaze all over the room. "So... is there some sort of test we have to pass to join this place? Sign a contract? Incant an oath? Sacrifice a virgin?" His wandering glance, however, was wrenched onto a yet another new figure, one that simply strode up to the counter and ordered a bouquet of flowers. Hane relaxed his tensed shoulders.

"Buying for someone special?"
Hane remarked in a tone that was quite a bit too leering to be sweet, taking a step toward the stranger to run an eye over them.

Inconstant Inconstant Kimona Kimona Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse S n o w S n o w QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Hato, back at his desk, grinned as he took a coffee from his colleague. "Ah, Ayumi. What you lack in a functioning kidney and friction-capable fingers, you make up for in your ability to keep our spirits up." A generous compliment by Hato's standards, who knocked back his coffee and moved his Habesuta pack from its maintaining spot on his desk to its leaning spot on the floor. "How goes your investigation? Any ghoul activity?" He slipped his eyes from Ayumi to Kaito and Guren across the office, the only two who seemed to have any field work to do that he was aware of.

He switched his glance back to Ayumi. Like the majority of his colleagues, Hato didn't know too much about her personal life - after all, in a profession where any of his fellow investigators could end up as chewed corpses, getting attached to coworkers wasn't always the smartest move - though he recognised the fire in his colleague that he had very felt himself in his youth. A drive that can only be obtained from the darkest of life events.

He decided not to ask.

The Shadow Realm The Shadow Realm

• Ide Eizou
    Ide had stood there for another moment before he heard movement. That's when the door opened he could feel the presence of the ghoul on the other side of the door. However he noticed her hand, more precisely her fingers, before her face. There was almost an eeriness to the way she had presented herself to him, as the face seemed to materialize from the nothingness he could see. Though he showed no fear towards the squinting expression, she was either having a bad day or a hard time seeing him. Either way crossing her was not on his to-do list. "Not to my recollection, probably some under the radar." He shrugged as she had exited the room.

Her moving past him was enough for his eyes to follow her instinctively, though telling him to follow her seemed a bit excessive given the number of people they had on staff to handle the situation. Asking question was once again not a priority of his, so he followed along with her to the lower floor. Honestly though, she seemed to show less enthusiasm than he did towards this whole situation, for someone who matched his age he didn't know where her energy went. She had gotten down to the nursery a little faster than he did, and she already seemed spiteful.

His frame allowed a small sigh to depart, "Did they already piss her off?" He muttered to himself and moved around her to the back room. Wasting no time he grabbed the broom and dustpan, returning from the room he began to sweep up the dirt that had been scattered about earlier by his coworker. Keeping the shop tidy was never a bad thing since it allowed for a better presentation to any patrons they may have. As if it was predicted they had a customer, though it seemed he was addressing Ishi. He glanced around the room to assess the mood overall, a customer. Two new ghouls, and one of the shop-owners. Main feelings he got from this was that it was far too crowded for his liking.

The sound of the hairs on the broom swished against the floor, dragging dirt and miscellaneous flower petals towards a pile. The wooden shaft of the broom was rugged and quite sturdy, it would take a decent bit of energy to go out of your way and break it. The request for a bouquet of orchids though, that was something he didn't usually hear at the shop. Typically they'd want a varying arrangement just to add flair to the gifts, however the newest ghoul had asked for strictly orchids. He let an eye linger in the direction of their customer, studying him, he seemed rather well off. Ide was pretty decent at identifying people's type by examining them, of course this was influenced by his time spent reading day in and day out.

However, he didn't speak of this. The other two ghouls who had made themselves known, the one who seemed most on edge. The male, if Ide had to guess he'd say the male was either quite chatty or trying to feel out how each person in the room was. Either way he seemed a bit too dense in that regard to be a threat to them, if anything he'd just put himself in a bad spot. Being in the center of the nursery put him at risk from all sides, the female who had accompanied him seemed to have remained towards the door. Not a bad choice if combat were to arise, however given the number advantage it was likely she too could be easily stopped.

Having felt out the room now he swept the pile of dirt and petals into the dust-pan, making his way to the trash-can behind the counter he dumped the pile into it and moved to the rear room again, where he stored the broom and dustpan. This had been a good opportunity and he made his back out into the nursery again, where he leaned on the counter, though he couldn't have a customer be overshadowed. "Sir, I'd say that if you add some diversity it could make your bouquet pop. Maybe adding a few roses, lilies, or even some peonies. That could catch your ladies eye, of course if you just desire orchids that's easily arranged" He spoke with a rather upbeat voice, as he did want to make the sell happen.
    Mentions: Inconstant Inconstant Kimona Kimona Caffeine Freak Caffeine Freak QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel S n o w S n o w

OOC: Click the button to switch between the ghoul and disguise sides

[class=floatright]
float:right;
[/class]
[class=floatleft]
float:left;
[/class]
[class=Humanback]
background:grey;
background-size:100%;
border:7px dashed black;
[/class]
[class=Ghoulback]
background:url('https://www.rpnation.com/media/tokyo-ghoul-red-eye-2-jpg.35799/full');
background-size:30%;
border:5px double grey;
[/class]
[class=Eye]
[/class]
[class=HumanEye]

height:73px;

[/class]
[class=GhoulEye]

[/class]
[class=GhoulingEye]

[/class]
[class=HumaningEye]

[/class]
[class=Species]
width:70px;
background:black;
[/class]
[script class=Eye on=init]
set X 1
[/script]
[script class=Eye on=mouseenter]
if (eq "${X}" 1) (hide HumanEye)
if (eq "${X}" 1) (show GhoulingEye)
if (eq "${X}" 2) (show HumaningEye)
if (eq "${X}" 2) (hide GhoulEye)
[/script]
[script class=Eye on=mouseleave]
if (eq "${X}" 1) (show HumanEye)
hide GhoulingEye
hide HumaningEye
if (eq "${X}" 2) (show GhoulEye)
[/script]
[script class=Eye on=click]
if (eq "${X}" 1) (show Ghoulback) (show Humanback)
if (eq "${X}" 1) (hide Humanback) (hide Ghoulback)
if (eq "${X}" 1) (setText "Disguise" Species) (setText "Awaken RC" Species)
if (eq "${X}" 1) (set X 2) (set X 1)
[/script]

[div class="Eye HumanEye"]pre-ghoul eye.jpg[/div][div class="Eye GhoulEye" style="display:none"]Tokyo-Ghoul-S3E1-Sasaki-Eye.png[/div][div class="Eye GhoulingEye" style="display:none"]ghoul eye gif.gif[/div][div class="Eye HumaningEye" style="display:none"]reverse gif eye.gif[/div]
[div class="Eye Species"]Awaken RC[/div]
[div class=Humanback]
Kojinu Koganiku
Paws Kojinu Koganiku Siren Impostor.JPG"I'm home!" I shouted to nobody in particular. Maybe I would need to worry about someone overhearing me and just happening to be at that parking lot, but then again, nobody ever came unless I brought them here. Except for kids. Kids sometimes came and played here. Then again, kids were pretty yummy. But not even kids could match a good old kagune, the best part of a ghoul.

It tasted horrible though, I considered for a moment. Immediately I felt a sharp pain piercing each extremity of my body and shivered, already knowing the obvious answer. I shook my head.

Because it was the best part, naturally. I took the turn into the downwards ramp, marked with a large 1 in white paint on the grey wall, while biting into the small purple quinque I just dug up.

"One." I counted. Then another complaint popped into my head. Why then was I the only one that seemed to eat them? Some of the ghouls I had encountered even seemed revolted that I ate the agunes. What if I could get sick? Should I really take such a risk? Why? I scratched my extermities and shivered, once again realizing the answer was right in front of my nose:

Because it was the best part, naturally. I wondered why such silly thoughts were coming to my head today. Maybe there was something in the air? I closed my eyes and took a deep sniff. No, the rubble and broken cars that populated this human tunnel retained the same stentch of dry blood, dust and leaked oil as before. The cracks on the walls, the eroded pillars keeping the parking lot as separate floors, the leftover scratch marks and bloodstains from the warring ghouls and investigators, none of it had any different. It could be that I had been here for too long indeed, as I suspected earlier. That being the case, I'd need to figure what direction to go towards, and be sure to pack a lunchbox as well. What it should contain was a good question...

"Three." I counted, having finally reached my destination. There were actually four floors underground, but I always stopped at the third because it was more confusing.Now before me were several metallic lunch boxes, also known as "cars". Humans used them to go fast, but I could go fast anyway, so I found a more fitting use for them. I opened the hood of the lunchbox and plucked an intestine out. It seemingly belonged to this food-eating competition 2nd place champion or whatever, so it was full of pretty nice fat. I was saving it for a special occasion, but since I might be leaving soon anyway... And it wasn't like there was nothing else great around here either. While not in all the cars, the battles had made some of them crash into each other, form piles or circles, and so on... those were great places to put my food, like digging a hole in the forest, but done in metal lunchboxes. Someone's guts in the hood, someone's eyes in the gas tank, someone's head stuffed into the back seat beneath the baby chair, a leg in the trunk... Who'd bother search wrecked cars? I wasn't hungry anymore though, and since night was gonna fall soon, I might as well take a nap. Maybe I'd get to hunt if I woke up early enough. Or at least, I could think about what to do next better. I gazed to the ventilation shafts and sewer pipes that "decorated" the ceiling in the parking lot's floors, I yawned. I leaped to my usual spot among a certain cluster of cars and laid the coat on the floor like a comfy newspaper. My eyes turned red as my ukaku part emerged from my back.

As I waited for the acids inside to make the kagune camouflage, and I yawned again, my thoughts drifted. I was good at hiding, it seemed. Why did I go through the trouble of hunting other ghouls, when mere humans were much easier? Why was I still chewing on that hard piece of purple semi-metal, that wasn't even actual food? Why was it so more satisfying than the delicious succulent intestines earlier? I rustled in my "newspaper" for a second, before recalling the obvious answer.

"Because kagunes are the best part, naturally. Woof!" I reassured myself with a bright joyful smile, before proceeding to nibble into the quinque some more until I drifted to sleep asleep.

[/div][div class=Ghoulback style="display:none"]
Paws/Siren Impostor
[div class=floatright]kagune1.2.jpg[/div][div class=floatleft]kagune1.2 (2).jpg[/div]

"I'm home!" I shouted to nobody in particular. Maybe I would need to worry about someone overhearing me and just happening to be at that parking lot, but then again, nobody ever came unless I brought them here. Except for kids. Kids sometimes came and played here. Then again, kids were pretty yummy. But not even kids could match a good old kagune, the best part of a ghoul.

It tasted horrible though, I considered for a moment. Immediately I felt a sharp pain piercing each extremity of my body and shivered, already knowing the obvious answer. I shook my head.

Because it was the best part, naturally. I took the turn into the downwards ramp, marked with a large 1 in white paint on the grey wall, while biting into the small purple quinque I just dug up.

"One." I counted. Then another complaint popped into my head. Why then was I the only one that seemed to eat them? Some of the ghouls I had encountered even seemed revolted that I ate the agunes. What if I could get sick? Should I really take such a risk? Why? I scratched my extermities and shivered, once again realizing the answer was right in front of my nose:

Because it was the best part, naturally. I wondered why such silly thoughts were coming to my head today. Maybe there was something in the air? I closed my eyes and took a deep sniff. No, the rubble and broken cars that populated this human tunnel retained the same stentch of dry blood, dust and leaked oil as before. The cracks on the walls, the eroded pillars keeping the parking lot as separate floors, the leftover scratch marks and bloodstains from the warring ghouls and investigators, none of it had any different. It could be that I had been here for too long indeed, as I suspected earlier. That being the case, I'd need to figure what direction to go towards, and be sure to pack a lunchbox as well. What it should contain was a good question...

"Three." I counted, having finally reached my destination. There were actually four floors underground, but I always stopped at the third because it was more confusing.Now before me were several metallic lunch boxes, also known as "cars". Humans used them to go fast, but I could go fast anyway, so I found a more fitting use for them. I opened the hood of the lunchbox and plucked an intestine out. It seemingly belonged to this food-eating competition 2nd place champion or whatever, so it was full of pretty nice fat. I was saving it for a special occasion, but since I might be leaving soon anyway... And it wasn't like there was nothing else great around here either. While not in all the cars, the battles had made some of them crash into each other, form piles or circles, and so on... those were great places to put my food, like digging a hole in the forest, but done in metal lunchboxes. Someone's guts in the hood, someone's eyes in the gas tank, someone's head stuffed into the back seat beneath the baby chair, a leg in the trunk... Who'd bother search wrecked cars? I wasn't hungry anymore though, and since night was gonna fall soon, I might as well take a nap. Maybe I'd get to hunt if I woke up early enough. Or at least, I could think about what to do next better. I gazed to the ventilation shafts and sewer pipes that "decorated" the ceiling in the parking lot's floors, I yawned. I leaped to my usual spot among a certain cluster of cars and laid the coat on the floor like a comfy newspaper. My eyes turned red as my ukaku part emerged from my back.

As I waited for the acids inside to make the kagune camouflage, and I yawned again, my thoughts drifted. I was good at hiding, it seemed. Why did I go through the trouble of hunting other ghouls, when mere humans were much easier? Why was I still chewing on that hard piece of purple semi-metal, that wasn't even actual food? Why was it so more satisfying than the delicious succulent intestines earlier? I rustled in my "newspaper" for a second, before recalling the obvious answer.

"Because kagunes are the best part, naturally. Woof!" I reassured myself with a bright joyful smile, before proceeding to nibble into the quinque some more until I drifted to asleep.

[/div]

Kojinu Koganiku/Paws/Siren Impostor
"I'm home!" I shouted to nobody in particular. Maybe I would need to worry about someone overhearing me and just happening to be at that parking lot, but then again, nobody ever came unless I brought them here. Except for kids. Kids sometimes came and played here. Then again, kids were pretty yummy. But not even kids could match a good old kagune, the best part of a ghoul.

"Because kagunes are the best part, naturally. Woof!" I reassured myself with a bright joyful smile, before proceeding to nibble into the quinque some more until I drifted to asleep.

Might Want to Read: Entity.Eclypse Entity.Eclypse Arne Arne Necromantic Necromantic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back