• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Together Again

"Oh, I've been good," Sophia said. She then looked down--at her wheelchair, at her fat stomach--and started laughing. Tears sprang to her eyes, she was laughing so hard. "Sorry, this is completely inappropriate," she said between laughs, barely getting enough air to form the words. "But just look at me: I'm pathetic! I'm fat and crippled. How do you think I've been?"

Yui felt her heart sink. She could tell they knew something was up, and it was only a matter of time before they found out. She just had to keep it from them for a few more weeks and then she would be gone. She could stop hindering everyone. There worries where lost in playful banter, as the joked and prodded about songs and music, and once again, she felt the pang of isolation creep up on her.

Ryu started cracking up at at

Archer. "Seriously, still make me laugh," he said, after containing his laughter. Everyone was quiet, so he started playing. "Guys, me and Zach, the other person in my band, had a competition in a performance to see who could have the most energy. He did a stage dive, and I did a backflip, who won?" he asked. He turned on the amp, and started playing, making sure it was on tune.

I am a dolphin.

Looking down at her, she smiled sadly, "Im sorry... i...shouldnt have asked right off the bat. But, your not, I mean you might be crippled, but your not fat or pathetic.. Your beautiful. Nothing less." She didnt want to offend her at all regretiing the question right away. She gave looked at her tears forming in her eyes, but quickly she wiped them away, she couldn't cry now. Lowering into a kneeling position she gave her a hug. But not a short simple one but on that she needed herself. Almost eager. She whispered her face hidden in her arms and hair, "I'm sorry...I left..if I didn't...I ....could've been there...for you.."

Sophia immediately stopped laughing. "I'm so sorry; I didn't mean it like that," she said hurriedly, hugging back. "Hey, it's okay. I--I'm fine. You were-- are a great friend, okay? And you didn't leave; we all did. We all split up, I mean." She felt terrible. How could she be so insensitive to someone else's feelings? Maybe it had something to do with the fact that she had barely talked to anyone in years. "I'm so sorry," she repeated. "I was just kidding. I'm sorry."

Between both Sophia and Ryu's laughter, Archer wasn't sure if this night would go by easily. On one hand, the mood was slowly shifting to a lighter side with Ryu and his uke and on the other, Sophia was putting herself down -which was very unusual. At least to his remembrance of this once-giddy girl. And then there was Yui, who seemed completely distant from the group. Maybe not physically, but definitely mentally. Swiping a quick glance at her over his shoulder, Archer offered her a sheepish smile before gesturing for her to close the distance, turning his attention back toward Ryu. He seemed to be the only one with good spirits at the moment. "My guess is Zach. There's no way you could've pulled off that flip." Archer teased.

"Okay, who's ready?" He asked. He then got ready to play, attaching the amp to his jeans and put his hands next to the first fret.

"You don't think I could have pulled off that flip? You'll find out," he told him.

I am a dolphin.

Yui saw his smile from the corner of her eye, looking farther down towards the floor. It was as if her sleeves where burning with desire, as if she wanted to bread down crying in front of them. But she couldn't. Not in front of them. She couldn't burden them with her sob story, not with others in a far worse condition than her. It would be best to just stay in the background.

Feeling a bit disheartened at Yui's content with staying in the spot that she was, Archer creased his brows in thought. Why is she treating me, of all people, like a stranger? It's not like it isn't evident to everybody else that something is wrong. But maybe she preferred to keep it to herself. Archer wasn't very pushy unless need be. But he definitely had the urge to pry, especially when it concerned Yui. Exhaling a deep breath, he listened quietly as things seemed to settle down a bit. Curling a quick smirk of disapproval towards Ryu's comment, Archer simply shook his head. Of course he was joking, but he could take it how he wanted.

"Don't be sorry, you have reason to. I should have contacted you over the years. I'm sorry." Getting back up she gave a smile, "it is so nice seeing you.. Really it is. But don't be sorry, this was my fault. I shouldn't of asked off the bat." Fixing her hair she looked over at Ryu having a good time. " let's have fun tonight" she didn't know what else to say, but deep down she felt that everything was her fault. If she wasn't the first to leave the group, things might of been different.

Yui looked around nervously, hearing his sigh. She let go of the strand of hair and smiled faintly up at him. She didn't want him of all people to worry for her, and if she didn't say something, he was going to pry to far and she would be stuck as a burden to everyone. She took a deep breath and looked at him. "S-so, how are things." She asked.

"It's not like I bothered contacting you," Sophia blurted, suddenly feeling guilty. "And I was literally asking people the same question less than fifteen minutes ago." Maybe she should just drop the subject. It seemed that her friend was going to feel guilty no matter what, so Sophia should try to take her mind off of the group's split. "I think tonight will be fun," she said, trying to sound sure of herself.

"Okay then," Ryu said with a smirk. He then jumped on a table with nothing on it and started playing softly, and he also started singing.

You say you want to go and break away, but I say no.

I say let's have a party but you say no.

I think I just about had enough...

He slowly stopped playing, and turned up the volume. He then started playing as if it was an electric guitar.

You know what? I haven't seen you in a while. Gotta run right back.

I saw that you miss me, and I truly miss you.

I can't say how good it is to see you.

What can I say? Gotta run right back.

You used to know me, but you don't remember all the fun.

The days we used to have, it was good.

But, I shot right back to everyone.

Gotta run... Gotta run right... Gotta run right back.

As he finished, Ryu did a back flip, landing on the ground. He finished with a handstand, then got into his feet. "So, Archer, how do you think about that contest now?"

((Please excuse me trying to use italics.))

I am a dolphin.

"Whoa," Sophia said after the flip and the handstand. She smiled. "Tonight really is going to be fun."

A bit surprised to finally hear something come out of Yui's mouth other than 'H-hi', Archer's intent lock on Ryu's playing switched over to Yui. You can't screw this up. They'd barely gotten settled in, he didn't want to be the cause of a very awkward sleepover. Brightening his smile at her question, Archer's eyes scanned over to Amaya and Sophia. They seemed to have settled whatever it was that they were reconciling over, which gave way for amplifying the sound of Ryu's playing. He didn't want to be rude and interrupt, so he kept his voice down. "Things are good--" He replied, not wanting to sound too enthusiastic about how well life's going for him. It would've seemed a bit too flaunting. "Seems like I'll be scrimmaging soon for a place in UNI." Archer shrugged, not so much in an apathetic way, but to assure her that there was no need to praise him over it. He was only attending because of scholarships, that's all. And maybe getting away from Yumiko had a bit to do with it. "And you?" He asked, ricocheting her own question back to her. But at the sound of his name, Archer looked up briefly with a sarcastic expression of impression as he slowly clapped an exaggerated clap at Ryu's flip. "Faaaantastic. You know, you should really look into gymnastics." He joked before turning back to Yui with a chuckle.

Yui tensed at the question, trying not to seem as if she was being rolled over the coals. They where touching on a very sensitive question which was commonly asked. "Good." She lied, smiling faintly. "Everything is normal really. I have no idea where I am going to go, so." She said, knowing that the future wouldn't be a problem.

Archer's bright, gleaming smile falter at the tone of her voice. He knew he stepped over the line with that one, but that's what he does -he steps over lines. Being nosy usually isn't a good trait, but it works for him because he gets the information he wants. In this particular situation, he wasn't going for an aggressive approach. Turning his gaze down to his feet, Archer nodded distantly in thought. She clearly isn't doing 'good'. But he went along with it anyway. One way or another, she was going to tell him. That was for sure. "Oh, well you have plenty of time to think. Don't bust your brain about it." Archer replied, trying for his usual optimistic tone. But he just wasn't feeling it. This was a bummer. Maybe things would lighten up after some food and refreshments.

Yui smiled a bit. "Yeah, I am not really." She said, quietly ending there conversation. She looked around, sitting down on the couch he had. There wasn't much, but standing was not something that helped her frail body, and she was already feeling a bit light headed. She didn't want to worry them, so she just folded her fingers together and sat.

"Wow... You guys are sour," Ryu said. He grabbed a jacket and put it on, grabbing his keys. "Come on, let's go eat." Ryu would treat them.

I am a dolphin.

Archer felt a bit righteous about their conversation. At least nobody broke out into a panic attack. Even as she left his bubble to go sit down, he couldn't help but wonder how big this issue was. Why was she treating herself this way? At the mention of food, Archer's stomach growled as if on cue. He knew he should've grabbed a slice of pizza before he left. Archer nodded enthusiastically in agreement with Ryu. "You know how cranky I get when I haven't eaten." Archer held his stomach before grabbing his keys from the clip around the duffel's strap. He didn't know whether or not they'd have enough space in Ryu's car, so he thought they should probably split up into groups of threes. Shoving everyone into one car and expecting it to not be awkward was wishful thinking. "I'll tail you, Ryu. Whoever wants to ride in my car is welcome."

"Ok. Sophia, I think I has more room in my car. So, I'll put the seat in the ground, and Amaya you can also come with me," Ryu said. He then opened the door and waited.

I am a dolphin.

Sophia smiled. She liked that he wasn't awkward about it. She was in a wheelchair--so what? "Awesome," she said, suddenly enthusiastic. She wheeled herself toward the door. "Where are we going?"

Yui sighed, walking towards Archer. "I guess I will ride with you." She said, standing a few feet away from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back