• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy To Usurp Death ( Finished )

Light

M.A.R.C.Y.
"I've been waiting for a very long time. I've been waiting for you to become of age. You have been chosen like many others to a battle royal with your life as the cost of losing." A swirling mass of dark energy floats idly in a hazy dreamscape. It seemed to have no problem with announcing such a statement.

"I am Grimm, the deity of Death and Torture. Defeat all the other candidates and you shall take my place as the champion off all Gods. From now on there is no turning back, you either kill or be killed. If there isn't a new deity in the cycle of one year. Every participant dies immediately. Do not keep me waiting."

With that, Grimm forces you out of the dream. Making you swiftly awaken at 12:00 in the morning. The day of the new year with the ability to sense other nearby participants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kastanie wakes up from the sudden dream in a panic. "What in the world was that? Kill or be killed? What could he mean? Carnage you've got any idea?"

"I would guess it simply means you must kill other participants to avoid being killed yourself. With the added bonus of becoming a God. I say we should get started, try heading towards the nearest town. Ciltow. We are in the far western continent after all. We have the best resources for battle weapons and armour." Carnage speaks his words of wisdom.

Cade nods her head and simply jumps out the tree she was sleeping in. She takes dragon form and proceeds to fly high above the clouds to make her way to the town of forges, Ciltow.

Sam wakes up. Death had apparently approached him in a dream and said he's a part of some contest to the death. Sam sighed. Death interrupted a perfectly good dream. He got up and had some breakfast, then headed out

Sam went into the nearest city, Ciltow. He had to grab a couple of potions. He wasn't armed at the moment, but he'd be ready literally in a second if things come to worse. Besides, if Death wasn't lying, then letting himself stick out wasn't smart

Kylesar1 said:
Sam wakes up. Death had apparently approached him in a dream and said he's a part of some contest to the death. Sam sighed. Death interrupted a perfectly good dream. He got up and had some breakfast, then headed out
Sam went into the nearest city, Ciltow. He had to grab a couple of potions. He wasn't armed at the moment, but he'd be ready literally in a second if things come to worse. Besides, if Death wasn't lying, then letting himself stick out wasn't smart
Kastanie lands in the forest away from the city. She walks in as a human to avoid sudden panic. She feels anxious for some reason but she can't tell why. "All I need are some potions."

Kastanie approaches the potion building. The closer she got to it the less anxiety she felt. What if this is a sign that she's close to one of the participants? "I need to stay on my guard. Carnage, watch my back."

"Understood." Carnage simply answers as Kastanie searches the shelves for specific potions.

Sam looks around and finds what he needs quickly. Another girl walks in. There's a few people here, but she caught his eye. It was faint, but Sam felt some magic coming off of her. Magic was common, but her magic was................. different. He had no idea what kind of magic it was, but it wasn't a common type of magic. The girl was the obvious source material.

"Oi." Sam says to the girl at the counter, putting his potions and poisons down on the counter. They were good friends, and Sam was a long time regular there. "I need you to tell me something."

"What is it?"

"Death approached me in a dream...........a very good dream in fact, and said I was in some sort of contest to become a god. What does that mean?"

She giggled. She liked weird-ass stuff like that. "Exactly what it says. You're in a contest to fight to the death. If you win, you become a god. you should be honored."

Sam nodded his head in disapproval. He stopped talking in secret. "I hope you realize what I'm gonna do to you if you ever told Death I wanted to be a god. Seems like he just wants to recruit new people."

she giggled again. "No silly, Death comes to you on his own will. No one here has any influence for something like that." She told him the price.

He walked out with his stuff: 4x Healing Potions, 4x Dispel Gas, 2x Speed Potions, 2x Strength Potions, and 4x Magic Amplification Potions. He made them all disappear. He could summon them when he needed them. He equipped his Radar Armor. He wasn't taking any chances

images

Armor Info

Wear Type: Light

Magic Type: N/A

Base Magic Resistance: N/A

Magic Protection: 10%

Physical Protection: 20%

Special Abilities: Radar- Senses anything that comes within 300 feet

Info: Very weak armor used for stealth missions. It's radar is used to sense enemies and get away or surprise them

Kylesar1 said:
Sam looks around and finds what he needs quickly. Another girl walks in. There's a few people here, but she caught his eye. It was faint, but Sam felt some magic coming off of her. Magic was common, but her magic was................. different. He had no idea what kind of magic it was, but it wasn't a common type of magic. The girl was the obvious source material.
"Oi." Sam says to the girl at the counter, putting his potions and poisons down on the counter. They were good friends, and Sam was a long time regular there. "I need you to tell me something."

"What is it?"

"Death approached me in a dream...........a very good dream in fact, and said I was in some sort of contest to become a god. What does that mean?"

She giggled. She liked weird-ass stuff like that. "Exactly what it says. You're in a contest to fight to the death. If you win, you become a god. you should be honored."

Sam nodded his head in disapproval. He stopped talking in secret. "I hope you realize what I'm gonna do to you if you ever told Death I wanted to be a god. Seems like he just wants to recruit new people."

she giggled again. "No silly, Death comes to you on his own will. No one here has any influence for something like that." She told him the price.

He walked out with his stuff: 4x Healing Potions, 4x Dispel Gas, 2x Speed Potions, 2x Strength Potions, and 4x Magic Amplification Potions. He made them all disappear. He could summon them when he needed them. He equipped his Radar Armor. He wasn't taking any chances

images

Armor Info

Wear Type: Light

Magic Type: N/A

Base Magic Resistance: N/A

Magic Protection: 10%

Physical Protection: 20%

Special Abilities: Radar- Senses anything that comes within 300 feet

Info: Very weak armor used for stealth missions. It's radar is used to sense enemies and get away or surprise them

"But your supplies and follow him right now."

Kastanie nods her head and runs over to the counter. She buys her supplies and turns away. The only thing she bought were health and magic potions. She decided to go in the opposite direction of the man but kept his scent on her nose. She releases dark red Carnage magic from her fingertips. It takes the form of a gas and slowly fuses with the oxygen in the city rapidly. Just to have eyes all around.

Sam sensed her comes towards him, then away. The Radar Armor picked up the magic she released, then it dissipated into the air. There were faint traces of it lingering in the air. Whatever it was, it wasn't done for no reason. He wasn't about to attack the girl just yet, but she sent pretty obvious signals that she was a participant, and wanted to kill him, and maybe others as a bonus. She's have to work harder than that though.

"Sword #87- Arihi." He said softly, and the sword appeared. Immediately, the wind whipped up around him, scattering the magic. The wind currents stopped whipping around, but still moved rapidly around him. He sheathed it on his back, but the effects were still active, and made no sound

Should he follow the girl? He decided to, but kept his distance. He had to know who the hell she was, and what that strange magic was

swords__81___100_by_lucienvox-d4uy06k.jpg

Sword Info

Name: Arihi

Number: #87

Sword type: 2 Handed

Sword Element: Wind

Attack Strength: 80%

Attack Speed: 70%

Magic Strength: 130%

Info: A sword made to capture the surrounding winds to forcibly create wind currents around the wielder.

By the way, all credit goes to Lucien Vox from Deviantart. He made all the swords. Some of the sword abilities are taken from him. Others are made up. All stat info on the swords are made up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sapphire woke up, panting. She didn't know what that was, but she didn't like it. "Alexander, please tell me that was just a scary dream that doesn't mean anything." She said, hoping it was. 'It had better not be! That sounds like fun!' He said with a smile. This just left Sapphire shaking. "I'm not going outside for a while." She decided before going to make breakfast, not listening to anything else Alexander had to say for she knew he felt the exact opposite.

Kylesar1 said:
Sam sensed her comes towards him, then away. The Radar Armor picked up the magic she released, then it dissipated into the air. There were faint traces of it lingering in the air. Whatever it was, it wasn't done for no reason. He wasn't about to attack the girl just yet, but she sent pretty obvious signals that she was a participant, and wanted to kill him, and maybe others as a bonus. She's have to work harder than that though.
"Sword #87- Arihi." He said softly, and the sword appeared. Immediately, the wind whipped up around him, scattering the magic. The wind currents stopped whipping around, but still moved rapidly around him. He sheathed it on his back, but the effects were still active

swords__81___100_by_lucienvox-d4uy06k.jpg

Sword Info

Sword type: 2 Handed

Sword Element: Wind

Attack Strength: 80%

Attack Speed: 70%

Magic Strength: 130%

87. Arihi – A sword made to capture the surrounding winds to forcibly create wind currents around the wielder.

By the way, all credit goes to Lucien Vox from Deviantart. He made all the swords. Some of the sword abilities are taken from him. Others are made up. All stat info on the swords are made up.

"It seems that he's scattered the magic particles. What do you intend to do? Kill him? I wouldn't mind a decent meal." Carnage chuckles to himself inside the mind of Kastanie.

"No way! I don't want to kill him I just want to talk. Maybe the whole thing was a joke. Maybe we could work together who knows?" Kastanie starts to absorb the magic particles in the air as she runs in the man's direction.

ShadowHuntress said:
Sapphire woke up, panting. She didn't know what that was, but she didn't like it. "Alexander, please tell me that was just a scary dream that doesn't mean anything." She said, hoping it was. 'It had better not be! That sounds like fun!' He said with a smile. This just left Sapphire shaking. "I'm not going outside for a while." She decided before going to make breakfast, not listening to anything else Alexander had to say for she knew he felt the exact opposite.

Sapphire's house starts to quake. Grimm voice reverberates throughout the house. "Eat your fill. But you must and shall participate. Unless you plan to wait out all the others. Remind me, which continent is this? The Western? Or the the ones in the far East. Maybe one of the islands?"

Sapphire jumped and hid under the table. "Uh...um...this is the...um...East Continent...a-and who...who are you?" She asked, shaking with fear. 'It's obviously someone who's fun! I think I wanna talk to him.' "No! That's not happening." She said, rejecting his idea.

ShadowHuntress said:
Sapphire jumped and hid under the table. "Uh...um...this is the...um...East Continent...a-and who...who are you?" She asked, shaking with fear. 'It's obviously someone who's fun! I think I wanna talk to him.' "No! That's not happening." She said, rejecting his idea.
"Oh? So you reside in the continent across the ocean from the island like middle continent. Well let me tell you, there are two participants already encountering each other in the far Western continent. Across the ocean from this one." Grimm laughs. His laughter rings through the house once more.

She tears up and curls further into a ball. "I'm not participating, and you can't-" she stopped mid sentence. "Sorry about her, now, can you tell me more?" Alexander asks, crawling out from underneath the table and then leaning against it. "I'm interested in this game where I can kill people freely." He said, a wicked and insane smirk stretching his lips upward.

ShadowHuntress said:
She tears up and curls further into a ball. "I'm not participating, and you can't-" she stopped mid sentence. "Sorry about her, now, can you tell me more?" Alexander asks, crawling out from underneath the table and then leaning against it. "I'm interested in this game where I can kill people freely." He said, a wicked and insane smirk stretching his lips upward.
"Well all the chosen participants must kill one another until there's one left standing. The last one standing takes my place as the deity of Death and Torture. The participants are spread.out across the world."

"Oh? This does sound like fun." He pushed himself away from the table. "Well Sapphire, we're going on a little trip. You said two of them were on the West Continent, right?" He asked.

ShadowHuntress said:
"Oh? This does sound like fun." He pushed himself away from the table. "Well Sapphire, we're going on a little trip. You said two of them were on the West Continent, right?" He asked.
"Yes. A pretty far journey, across the ocean. They're at a city beside the mountains called Ciltow. I shall notify you if they leave....hmm to make things more interesting. I'll send you there the moment you step out the door."

He giggled. "Alright. I like you, weird voice." He said as he slipped on a jacket. 'Wait, no! If we really are going out, grab the red one with a black flower pattern. I like that one.' Alex groaned and grabbed the red jacket. "Happy?" He asked as he put it on. She just hummed in content and he left the house, groaning.

ShadowHuntress said:
He giggled. "Alright. I like you, weird voice." He said as he slipped on a jacket. 'Wait, no! If we really are going out, grab the red one with a black flower pattern. I like that one.' Alex groaned and grabbed the red jacket. "Happy?" He asked as he put it on. She just hummed in content and he left the house, groaning.
The moment they step out the house they appear in the plaza of Ciltow. Kastanie, one of the participants passes by that very instant.

He watches the person go by, smiling wickedly. "I wonder if that was them?" He asked, his insanity showing through his eyes. 'I don't know, but I feel uncomfortable around them. Could that be what's telling us who else is in this stupid game?' Sapphire asked. "What, hey. This game is nowhere near stupid. It's probably one of the coolest ones I've heard in a long time." He argued as he followed the person who went by him.

Ace sat up quickly after hearing the dream. "Become a god, kill all the other participants only one year or all participants die?" Ace asked himself many more questions and kept trying to make sense of everything. "Why was I selected to take part in all this?" Ace asked himself getting up and getting. Ace then went out on a whim he didn't know for sure but he hoped that Grimm guy was watching him so he yelled "Hey Grimm if you're watching me answer me!" Then waited for a response. @Light

ShadowHuntress said:
He watches the person go by, smiling wickedly. "I wonder if that was them?" He asked, his insanity showing through his eyes. 'I don't know, but I feel uncomfortable around them. Could that be what's telling us who else is in this stupid game?' Sapphire asked. "What, hey. This game is nowhere near stupid. It's probably one of the coolest ones I've heard in a long time." He argued as he followed the person who went by him.
"There seems to be someone tailing you. I think they're one of the participants, we should try eliminating them."

"I really don't know if we should. For now let's leave the other guy I was following alone. If they do attack then I definitely agree with your method." Kastanie turns around and faces Sapphire. "Who are you and what do you want?" Carnage magic in the form of a spikes boxing glove appears over her hands. It's like dark red crystal.

@Light[/URL]
"I am here." Grimm chuckles. His voice seems to be coming from everywhere around Ace.

Light said:
"There seems to be someone tailing you. I think they're one of the participants, we should try eliminating them."

"I really don't know if we should. For now let's leave the other guy I was following alone. If they do attack then I definitely agree with your method." Kastanie turns around and faces Sapphire. "Who are you and what do you want?" Carnage magic in the form of a spikes boxing glove appears over her hands. It's like dark red crystal.

"I am here." Grimm chuckles. His voice seems to be coming from everywhere around Ace.
Ace spun around multiple times looking for any sign of Grimm eventually realizing he wasn't there he said "Why was I chosen for this, and why weren't the participants allowed to know about this sooner?" Ace asked sounding quite angry.

[QUOTE="Cadin shadow lord]Ace spun around multiple times looking for any sign of Grimm eventually realizing he wasn't there he said "Why was I chosen for this, and why weren't the participants allowed to know about this sooner?" Ace asked sounding quite angry.

[/QUOTE]
"Do not get angry with me." Everything around Ace starts to quake. "You were to be told about this as early as possible. Which is why I told you now. I choose based of random intuition. Deal with it."

Light said:
"Do not get angry with me." Everything around Ace starts to quake. "You were to be told about this as early as possible. Which is why I told you now. I choose based of random intuition. Deal with it."
"You won't kill me, not if you don't have to anyway because i'm a participant and you can't be one-hundred percent sure I won't be the one to win so kill me and prove me wrong if you want to." Ace said creating a bluff to see what Grimm would do, to test the line and see how far he could go.

The girl turned suddenly to someone else, using magic to form a weapon. He went behind the girl at a distance, dispelling his magic and keeping his sword sheathed. He was going to see what was going on. This girl apparently manipulated her magic to form weapons for combat. This other guy was probably crazy as hell. He looked like a lunatic

[QUOTE="Cadin shadow lord]"You won't kill me, not if you don't have to anyway because i'm a participant and you can't be one-hundred percent sure I won't be the one to win so kill me and prove me wrong if you want to." Ace said creating a bluff to see what Grimm would do, to test the line and see how far he could go.

[/QUOTE]
It goes silent for a while. Suddenly an tomahawk materializes out of thin air and flies toward Ace's head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back