• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here

tumblr_om1kq69wsV1u7s2qvo1_1280.png

➳ nao + gabriel

Nao had watched all this unfold silently - partially because he wasn't able to catch all of it, but mostly because he had no idea what to make of it. Kai had left too quickly for him to say anything, and even if he hadn't.. comforting wasn't always his strong point. So he stayed quiet, sat at the table, watching everything else go on.

Gabriel had similarly stayed quiet, but internally, his mind was buzzing. This was perfect, in his mind: conflict had already started, without him even having to provoke it. Not only that, but it seemed like some of the trainees were going to sabotage themselves without him needing to step in - Kai bucked under any kind of criticism, and BK's harsh words likely wouldn't win him much support from viewers even if he was right. If Gabriel just kept up his angelic persona and did well in the challenges, he might just be able to sail to a debut without much effort.

"I think I'll skip out on training," Gabriel said with a easy smile, "Gotta get that beauty sleep in for our TV debut. It sounds like fun, though."

"Um, I.." Nao dithered. He wanted to come, but somehow, the words felt hard to say. He barely interacted with the other trainees - he was sure he was almost like a stranger to them, really - and somehow, speaking up felt like he was barging in. But.. the chance to get closer to them was here, right? And he needed to practice his dancing, in any case.

"I think, I will come too," He finally said, quietly, "I'm not very good at the dancing. Don't think I'll improve much over one night, but I don't want to embarrass myself on TV."

mentions: n/a, (they jus kinda address the whole table) || with: trainees || location: restaurant

codedbycrucialstar | hidden scroll

jeong young-jae
location: getting the nom noms | mentions: Namseon, Nao, Gabriel + Silicon
interactions: Namseon truthofself truthofself + Nao N Nue

As the conversation continued, Jae simply gazed around and nodded. Goddammit, he was hungry. When the hell was his food going to get here. His eyes gazed at the different plates and bowls in front of him, feeling his mouth water. Far out. How long did it take to make Japchae?! A frown formed on his face as he thought about getting up to complain to the manager. That was until he heard his phone vibrate. Once again, he picked it up from the table and rested on his elbows as he held it in his hands to read the message. It was just his Umma again, letting him know they had been admitted and we now waiting to see a doctor. As his fingers quickly began to write out a reply, he felt a welcomed presence by his side and then a nudge to his side followed by a whisper. To which he just shrugged. He had no idea if they had changed the subject or not. You know boys. The attention span of a goldfish. As he pressed the message to be sent off, just simply replying with a ‘thank you’, he gazed back over at Namseon. “I think they’re still talking about practising tonight? I’m going… you probably should too. We do both suffer from left feet syndrome. And we can’t have all the cry babies getting our positions for this show” he muttered to the male, trying to ensure no one else could hear their little conversation.

Hearing Gabriel speak, Jae couldn’t help but look over his phone and at the boy with a foul look on his face. Well, not all of us are blessed with the proper feet needed for dancing, he darkly thought to himself. He could feel the jealousy beginning to rise in his body as he began to think of all the other trainees who were just Gods when it came to dancing. Especially Gabriel. But hey, chuck down a sick beat and get that boy to rap, he’d probably struggle to find something that rhymes with cheese. So, at least he had that one up on him. He just needed to keep on thinking of all the things he did bring to the table rather than what he didn’t. Which was so hard because come to when the cameras are out and ready to roll, they were only going to see things that the managers and producers wanted them to see. Hell, they could portray him as some soft kitten that just wanted to nap and have belly scratches all the time. I mean, that sounded delightful. But he didn’t want to be portrayed that way.

His train of thoughts was derailed, however, as he heard Nao’s sheepishly come into the conversation. And all the sudden, that foul look was exchanged with… well, somewhat excitement. Yes! This guy sucks just like me, his brain screamed. Well, so did Levi and Silicon. But Nao. He was such a softie. Jae knew that even if he could seem a little bit better than Nao, he had a fighting chance. The competitiveness in him began to blossom at the thought of secretly watching Nao’s practices and ensuring that he was always one step ahead of the other. “Oh, I think you can improve a lot,” Jae commented to Nao, crossing his arms and leaning back into his chair. He was trying to seem sincere – and not like he had any plans up his sleeve to throw the kid under a bus. No… he wouldn’t do that… Of course not. “And I’m sure you won’t embarrass yourself. They edit these shows to make everyone look great. Don’t be too scared. If you get scared, then it affects your dancing and singing. And that’s what is important. Because thouuuusands of people are going to be watching. Like, not just people in Korea. People from allll across the world. So, don’t get nervous about screwing up, okay? Because that’s the last thing you want to do”

What a little shit-stirrer.

Kaden Fujita
| Location: | Hyangmi
| Interactions: | Everyone at the table
| Tags: | weldherwings weldherwings N Nue macrombie macrombie fluticasone fluticasone followingnorth followingnorth
Chaos. There was chaos all around Kaden. He tried to pay attention to just one of the conversations happening about the table, his eyes never leaving his plate. As Yunhe replied to Mun-hee's offer, his gaze finally left his food to meet Mun-hee's eyes. The other male looked so happy, it was ridiculous. Kaden didn't understand it, but he supposed he didn't have to. "Y-You don't have to be good at dancing to come!" Mun-hee blurted out, barely registering that he had stuttered. "Heck, I-I'm not not good at dancing either. That's why w-we should practice together."

And then, another person announced he wanted to go. What was his name again? Young-Jae, right? Kaden nodded along. He needed that practice, too. Mun-hee looked thrilled at the prospect, looking from Young-Jae to Kaden with a smile on his face. To say he was proud of himself was an understatement. As even Suk-Kyu agreed that some practice would be nice, his grin only continued to widen. When Suk-Kyu said that that the place may be locked down for the installation of cameras, however, that smile was wiped clean off. "Oh. I-I suppose I hadn't thought about it l-like that," Mun-hee replied. Kaden watched him, knowing full-well that Mun-hee's nerves were kicking back in.

Yoosung then spoke up, saying that they should practice regardless, both tonight if they could and tomorrow as well. "I think so, t-too." And, boy, did he want to practice with them all together one last time before they had to pick teams. Kaden felt the same way; he wasn't ready to see divisions between his friends. He liked it when things stayed as they were. Change, to him, was evil, and he would much rather avoid accepting such change for as long as he possibly could.

Nao said that he would come too, although Gabriel wanted to skip out on it. Mun-hee smiled and nodded, trying his best to hide his anxiety. What if the building really was closed? What would he do then? He'd look like a fool, that's what. Kaden sent Mun-hee a pointed look and then a small, slight smile, trying to soothe his friend's nerves. With that, Mun-hee gave everyone at the table a thumbs-up before shoveling more food in his mouth, decidedly done with talking for the time being. It was no wonder, really; talking for extended periods of time exhausted both him and Kaden alike.

"I'll be tagging along as well," Kaden finally decided to mention, knowing sorrowfully that the others couldn't just read his mind (even though he sometimes wished that they could). He returned his attention back to his bibimbap.

[class=variables] --color: #b7cfda; cursor: url('http://i.imgur.com/ZOrzC.png'), auto !important [/class] [class=container] width: 530px; height: 300px; display: flex; margin: auto; [/class] [class=left] height: 300px; width: 220px; padding: 15px; box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 13px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=name] font-weight: 900; text-align: center; border-bottom: 4px solid var(--color); width: 120px; display: block; margin: 10% auto; font-size: 16px; position: relative; [/class] [class=imgContainer] width: 100%; height: 90px; display: flex; justify-content: space-between; margin: 10px auto; [/class] [class=img] width: 90px; height: 90px; background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 50%; filter: saturate(70%); [/class] [class=tag] display: inline-block; border-bottom: 1px solid var(--color); height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; [/class] [class=right] width: 280px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-direction: column; overflow: hidden; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; padding: 10px; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=leftTagContainer] width: 100%; height: 100px; [/class] [class=scroll] width: 100%; padding-right: 50px; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; [/class] [div class=variables] [div class=container] [div class=left] [div class=imgContainer] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgngPVGUEAEQDDJ.jpg')"][/div] [div class=img style="background-image: url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/332e5a628e9449ef7eefcef324420e2b/tumblr_ppx4r8ieG41xg58k9o9_250.png')"][/div] [/div] [div class=name]Wren + Yunhe.[/div] [div class=leftTagContainer] [div class=scroll] [div class=tag]location[/div] hyangmi
[div class=tag]interacts[/div] Kai, Qiren, Mun-hee
[div class=tag]tags[/div] truthofself truthofself , Kipsy Kipsy , fluticasone fluticasone
[/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=right] [div class=scroll] Kai and entourage had been gone far too long, Wren fretted. He didn't want to follow and kick up a fuss but he felt like he should be there. But Qiren had gone, and so had Bezkat, and they were both far more adept at comforting people than he was. Even if Bezkat was rude and obviously confused. Even if Namseon, of all people, had gotten there first. The show hadn't even started yet, and things were already going wrong.

He was practically vibrating with nerves. Please let them be okay, he thought fervently, and then accidentally slammed his twitching leg into the table. That's as good as any of a reason to leave, he decided after a brief moment of pure white panic, and got up as inconspicuously as possible. Levi had returned, and Wren didn't like the look on his face.

Where had they even gone? He slipped out the door and almost immediately found enough feelings to power a small country of sociopaths for a month. What had even happened out here?

"Uh," he said, rather intelligently. After a moment's thought, he went and stood next to Kai. He wondered if he should hug him. He probably should. He was awful at hugging. There was also a lot of staring going on, and that made him just a little uncomfortable.

"So, um," Wren said awkwardly, feeling mildly like he was talking to the air, "do you maybe--uh. Be on the same team? Maybe? Obviously you don't have to but. That'd be cool. We could be Chinese together. Because we're um. Chinese. Kai? Qiren?"

He sounded like a complete and utter fool. Wren pat Kai's shoulder somewhat despairingly. Please stop being sad. I can't deal with this. He was going to combust from the sheer amount of tension.

Yunhe, meanwhile, was perfectly content. This mostly came from the fact that he was no longer hungry and could actually being processing thoughts and emotions.

"If the practice room is closed, we can just practice in the parking lot," he joked. "Or beg some staff member or security guard for access to another room. I'm sure they'll understand."

He ate more food. The survival show didn't seem all that daunting in the moment. It was an opportunity and besides, any publicity was good publicity. He'd have to call home tonight---his parents would be pretty excited. Maybe they'd finally allow him to get a pet snake. His fingers tapped absently against his thigh, pressing piano melodies into his jeans. He hadn't practiced piano in a while. Mom Hwang would be upset.

He sat back and stifled a yawn, gaze flitting over the gathered group of boys. He didn't particularly want any of them eliminated---except maybe Levi, who felt a little bit like bad news. Yunhe liked to steer clear of people like that. Anyway, he didn't want to see any of the boys eliminated, but such was life. It would happen, regardless, and he decided that he would not very much like to drown in upset land.

His fingers tripped over each other on a particularly difficult set of octaves, and he let them relax.

When I get a snake, he thought, and took a sip of tea, staring absently at some light fixture across the room, he's going to be a little bastard boy and I'm going to call him Frank* because Liszt is the worst.

*Liszt's first name is actually Franz, but Yunhe gave up on memorizing dead white composers' first names a long time ago.
[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]
coded by shady.

[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
"levi didnt want to be in the photo."
[/div]​
» KAISER & LEVI;
Namseon nodded at Youngjae's answer. Which honestly; was not an answr, but he wasn't going to fight it. He knew it was an answer, but telling him to go too; wasn't an answer. Felt more like a command and Namseon wasn't someone who enjoyed listening to other. So he shurgged at the idea before speaking. "We'll see if I want to put up with these people more today They're all so annoying" He sighs, leaning his head back. He didn't hate everyone, just a lot of them. And Youngja was correct; Namseon sucked at dancing. He was far more a behind the scenes kinda guy. But here he sat, planning to be in the spotlight tomorrow. Did he even want this? Yes. Why? He didn't really know why, besides to get away from his family. He could easily apply to the company to be a producer, but he still stayed a trainee.

Unlike Namseon, Kai had a reason to be here. Had the passion to stay, but still sat curled in on himself, sniffling as tears fell down his cheeks, glistening in the light outside. He listened to everyone talk to him, at him, in his ears. He knew these 3, cared for him; more than anyone else. But Bekzat still just broke his heart it felt like. And Qiren and Chenlei saw that it seemed and were trying to save him and push the younger boy away. But he didn't want him to go. And through tears, he listened and shook his head at Chenlei's questions. Although he loved both these other boys with the family place of birth. He didn't want to be on a team without Bekzat either. He went to speak pausing a bit with his mouth slightly open as he lost the words he wanted to say in Korean, before crying out in Mandarin. "I don't want to be on a team without Bekzat, it doesn't feel right not working with him." He was kind of glad he forgot Korean, being scared of knowing the youngers reaction to him saying such things. But he knew the younger would most likely hear his name and inquire what he said. "Why can't all of us work together?" He spoke again in his native tongue, just to keep it a secret between him and his two closest friends.
[/div]
mentions, youngjae, bekzat, qiren, wren | interacting fluticasone fluticasone & macrombie macrombie & weldherwings weldherwings & followingnorth followingnorth
codedbycrucialstar

TIME//SKIP​
The evening went on. The fightings, the disagreements, the conversations; went on. The group of boys; got along and figured out they're teams. It took a bit; but they worked through it. They fell back to their normally behaviour; even if some of them were uneasy with each other at the current moment; it seemed as if they were trying to not let it affect them. Some boys stayed quiet whilst others were loud and well-spoken.

The teams took forever to decide, or even roughly choose; it left a lot still thinking as they left the restaurant after eating. Some heading towards the dorms to spend the night and relax and think about tomorrow; whilst a few went back to the company to practice some more. Staff members often checked on them to make sure they weren't pushing themselves too far; mostly Sujin until it was her time to leave for the day, and otherwise it was another minor staff or even other trainee's and debuted idols wishing them luck and giving them support as over the day th world spread through the company that it was starting with their group. It was a lot to take in, but as the day went on; hopefully everyone was adjusted to the idea and ready to do their best.

what will they give up to supernova? what comes tomorrow from the stardust? tomorrow has arrvied, a new day has begun. who's awake first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back