• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

To Love And Lose You....Forever

Ash walked along the beach with a fedora on to block the sun from his eyes. His beach blonde locks seemed to glint in the sunlight. The warm, inviting sunlight that poured over him alongside the gentle water. The beach was rather empty today, or at least, as empty as it got. Some people still remained, lingering about in complete and utter normalcy. A couple bathed in the sun. A mom watched her child play. Parents allowed their kids to bury them in the sand and then help them build a sandcastle. Surfers hit the waves. It was as it was supposed to be....

Until a gust of wind came whirling through and blew his hat away. He saw it land quite a bit away and, thus, followed it. Not really paying attention, he splashed through the shallow water and hurried to retrieve the possession.​

"Come on!" Mikaela yelled back at everyone. They wouldn't have gone in the water even if the fish were farting out money. She rolled her eyes and turned around just as a hat smacked in her face. Then, she felt a body impact her. They both fell into the sand. She felt the sand up all the way. Probably take a long time to wash away. She took off the hat and stared up at him as she watched him.

Ash was back on his feet rather quickly in the moments shortly after the impact. He stared down at her, slowly holding out his hand. "I apologize for running into you....but....you seem to have my hat." He stared down at her, analyzing every feature. She looked so familiar....but....she couldn't possibly be. It couldn't. He'd ensued he wouldn't run into her for as long as he could....Despite the urge to run away and hide, he remained composed. He couldn't come off as rude. And he couldn't leave without his hat.

She looked down and saw she was holding his hat. "Here. I'm sorry." She said. "Uh, you okay?" She asked him softly. "You sort of fell right into me. I should probably introduce myself. I'm Mikaela. Or you can call me Kayla if you want." She said smiling to be polite.

"I was actually holding out my hand to help you up...." He smiled ever so slightly, a rare occurrence for him, but he put the hat back on regardless. "I'm fine. Just....chasing down my hat because of the wind. I should be asking you if you're alright, really. So, are you? Oh....I'm....Ashton, but most that know my name call me Ash. It's a pleasure to meet you." He was polite and professional, despite standing there in a white t-shirt and some swimming trunks. It seemed he radiated a kind of seriousness foreign to most these days. A type of indifference that sang of wisdom. "I should repay you for running into you....shouldn't I?"

She stared him for a bit. He was actually quite handsome. Also... Different. "Uh, if you want to. You don't have to repay me... Ash." She said using his name in the sentence to show that they were cool. At least... That's what she thought that meant.

He wasn't oblivious to her gaze, instead, he was quite aware of it. He decided he would repay her this afternoon and never speak to her again. She reminded him too much of things long gone, and he feared, she could be the very thing he was running from. "You sound uncomfortable....I figured ice cream would be a nice treat to show my condolences for bumping into you, but I don't want you to feel awkward. If you wish to come, than please follow. If not, good day, miss." With that, he tipped his hat at the girl and proceeded to turn, before walking along.

She looked back at her friends. She quickly ran up and snatched a cover up before running back to him. "I'll go with you." She said and put the cover up on. "Where are we going exactly?" She asked him.

"Ice cream, of course." He responded, nonchalantly. "They've got so many different flavors. And, it's the perfect weather to enjoy some. Is that alright with you?....Are your friends alright with you tagging along?" He glanced over his shoulder, contemplating whether stealing her away was a good idea.

"I'm sure they are fine with me coming with you. Ice cream sounds good." She said and followed him quietly. "Do you want me to pay?" She asked.

"I wouldn't be repaying you if you paid. I'll get it." To be honest, he had enough money to waste anyways. Why force her to hand over money when he could do it himself? When it was his fault, anyways? "Are you from this area? Or are you vacationing?"

"From this area and vacationing. We live a couple of cities away, but came over here to spend time at the beach. What about you?" She asked him with a tilt of her head.

"Vacationing. I live quite a long way away from here. I just like to visit places, especially warm ones. I'll be leaving in a couple of days to head somewhere new." He explained, casually, as he walked. He was heading up to where his vehicle was parked.

She paused for a moment. "How about we walk there?" She asked quickly. She was nervous about going into some stranger car. Mostly, one she had just met on the beach.

"That's fine. It's nice to walk anyways. And it would be a waste of gas to drive there when it's to close and it's such a beautiful day." He detected she was wary of trusting him, but he didn't comment on it. Instead, he shrugged and continued walking, as though all was just as it had been. "Honestly, I expected you to decline my offer." More like, he'd hoped she would decline it.

"Hm? Why is that?" She asked as she walked by him. She adjusted her cover up slightly as they walked. She wasn't even sure where the nearest ice cream place was.

"You just don't seem very....I don't know....outgoing. I'm not meaning to come off rude, but you seem rather reserved. Which is a wonderful trait. I figured you would've stayed with those that are familiar to you instead of venturing off with a complete and utter stranger." He shrugged. He looked up. They were nearing the ice cream parlor.

"So? I might find Prince Charming one day. Also, everyone one I knew were strangers at one point in time." She said as they entered the palor.

"You believe in finding Prince Charming? How do you suspect you'll know you found him?" He asked, approaching the counter and ordering a plain double chocolate scooped cone.

"You just know." She said. "Fate is werid. But Love is insane." She said as she ordered a vanilla cone.

He paid for their order just before their ice creams were handed to them. He then proceeded to sit down. "I have doubts, unfortunately. Sometimes just seeing them isn't enough. Sometimes it's in the way their eyes meet yours and don't falter....How they simply capture you, beckoning you into their warm abyss....Sometimes you know when they first touch you. When their hand accidentally brushes your arm and you know you never want to live a single day without their touch. And sometimes it's when their speak. How their voice carries itself to you. But sometimes you really know when they inevitably break your heart." He ate a bit of his ice cream and stared outside.

Ash blinked, somehow remembering who he was talking to. He shrugged, but his answer was clear. "Yes. Many times. But, it's alright. I still have faith in love. Just, I suppose, not for myself. Do you feel you've had any experiences? With love?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back