• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy To Be a Nightingale: The Apprenticeship

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Aron Veyra
At her confirmation, Aron silently nodded and watched as she completed her work. He had never really seen a girl do her hair so close up, so it was kind of fascinating. But, he was getting distracted. As he brought his attention back to his future trainee, he noticed her shift slightly in her seat and posture. "Indeed I am, but it's rather crowded here. Let us talk in a more suitable environment." He wasn't as inconsiderate as to reveal her uncomfort to the world, so he simply gestured for her to follow behind him, as he headed towards an empty office. It was still close to the reception, simply seperated by a door, but there was a more spacious interior for freedom of movement. "Do you feel alright?" He asked with mild concern. "Nervous perhaps?" His crimson eyes gazed inquisitively into her hazel, perhaps accidentally intimidating her further. At this point, he was trying to get a feel for her personality. Was she the type to cower under pressure?

"I am indeed a Nightingale." He spoke after a pause, as he gestured for her to take a seat whilst he took his own. "My name is Aron Veyra, but you may know me as the Blood Shadow of the Nightingales. I will be your mentor from here on out, as you train to become one of us." He smiled pleasantly as he finished his sentence, and offered a hand to shake. "I'm looking forward to working with you Sylvia."
FireMaiden FireMaiden

original.jpg Sylvia Hartford
Interaction: Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy VioletShadow VioletShadow
Mentioned: N/A

Looking down as Elaine patted her leg, Sylvia have the other girl a smile. She was okay for now, just a little cramped. But, she would still move her arms around so it was fine. She knew it wouldn't last long. And it didn't. The boy got up and walked over to some big guy standing off on the sidelines, and Elaine got up to address the Kobold woman, who Sylvia overheard her name was Seraphina. Pretty. Anyway, her attention once again turned to the man who has come over and addressed her. She nodded when he asked her to follow him, standing up and stepping past Elanie and Seraphina, she followed him to an empty office? They could have just stepped away from the little group, but, Sylvia decided it probably didn't matter to much.

Though she had to chuckle when he asked if she was alright, while also suggesting she was nervous. "Yeah, I'm fine. And I don't think anyone in our situation wouldn't be nervous, ya know?" She replied with a little shrug, "I just don't like being crowded, it's no big deal." She had been looking around to office to see if there was anything cool to look at, but, yeah it was just an office. After a few moments, she made eye contact with him. Red eyes? She kinda cocked her eyebrow a little, she never met anyone with red eyes before. So, that was pretty cool. He the proceeded to introduce himself, and stick his hand out. Sylvia took it and gave him a firm hand shake. "That's an impressive title. And, it's nice too meet you as well. I'm excited to get started."

a2d2d5a2ea5cee085667160062e6358a.jpg Trevor Hall
Interaction: Lulidew Lulidew
Mentioned:

As Mattew got closer, Trevor immdeiatly noticed his height. That...that could prove a bit of a challange for both of them. Trevor of course was taller than average, and he had at least an entire foot on this kid. "Nice to see you made it kid," Trevor said, uncrossing his arms. "I'm Trevor Hall, and you guessed spot on. I'm gonna be training you, but I'm sure you know its not gonna be easy. Every class has a different type of training, and each teacher their own ways. You're gonna have to be willing to do things you probably never saw yourself doing," He said, extending his hand out for Matthew. "You already signed the waiver and took the oath, but I want to hear you say you're ready for anything, and willing to do what it takes to become a Nightingale."

Elaine Trevelyon
Interaction: Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Elaine was led away from the group of people by Sera when they were a few steps away Sera shook Elaine's hand saying that she was happy to start working with Elaine and she introduced herself using her full name and title while listing her experience. Sera then when on explaining what it is that she does saying that she fights mostly for self-defense and she would only fight with what nature gave her. Elaine smiled at her teacher they were pretty much alike except for the fact that Elaine would be on the frontlines with a shield supporting her team instead of fighting she would be the shield for the team taking the hits from the enemy and if her team did get hurt Elaine would be there to help them immediately.
"Sweet so when do we start?" Elaine asked eagerly wondering when they would start training for the rest of their lives.

"Maria"
Mentioned(Kinda): Divon Divon
Interacting With: N/A

The girl sighed to herself, having finally gotten past the receptionist. They had held her back for quite some time, as her name wasn't recorded as she pronounced it. Apparently, the Nightingales had her listed under "Maria" at the moment... It wasn't a shocking discovery, most outside of her own people made up nicknames for her. Still, the time wasted could have been put towards getting to know her instructor, and that fact alone slightly annoyed her.

Regardless, she entered the room with haste in her step, not bothering to take in much information just yet. There were more important things to do, and judging by the people in the room, she was already late even if she was early. "ノ ᄃム刀'イ 乃乇レノ乇√乇 イんノ丂..." She did notice a man somewhat anxiously looking around, but it didn't occur to her that he was important. So she started looking for a chair to sit down in...

Seraphina O'Vera
Reception

She pointed over to the man standing at the reception desk with the Owl Griffin and the giant serpent coiled at his feet. "That's the Overseer. Mr Ari Waesmor. He's gonna give the initial testing. While we train you guys individually, he tests you all as a team. With his children, they can make literally any scenario happen. That's what you can expect before we break you guys up and I start teaching you the Medical Arts." Sera didn't dive into the man's backstory or his apparently powerful children.

"First though, I want you to do a formal introduction. I read the files, but it's better to get it from the person themselves." So she could gauge who Elaine was as a person. Verbal and non-verbal cues that'd give some sort of insight into who she was, what motivated her to be here, and why she wants to be a Nightingale of all things, as well as how she wants to train. Plus, this would be a start in seeing how well she could talk to people. Being a doctor, a comforting voice could go a long way in relaxing their patients and getting them cooperate. Less stress meant faster healing. "So to whom do I owe the pleasure of training?"
Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy

Matthew Jones
Interaction:
FireMaiden FireMaiden
When Trevor spoke, he seemed more serious than fierce. "Sure, if you insist. I'm ready and willing to do what it takes to become a Nightingale." Matthew shrugged and replied half-heartedly, feeling like it was redundant to say it aloud. He wondered if his attitude would upset his mentor, but it was too late to go back now. Besides, how tough could the training be? Matthew was confident that he could surpass each and every challenge in his way, maybe even too overconfident. Cracking his knuckles, he decided to ask a question. "So where and when do we begin? I'm not really the patient type." He said with a confident, smug look.

Mentioned:

His brows furrowed slightly. "We'll have to work on your attitude." He wasn't surprised, he had met many confident young men during his years. Many of which, were very confident in their skills, yet once they were in a position to show off, they only embarrassed themselves and gotten hurt. "You may be eager, confident, but that will only get you so far. You will be crushed by the training." He said this, with a slight glance to Ari and Sera, before he looked back to Mattew. "You are here to become a Nightingale. Do not expect it to be easy. Of course, rhats only true if you want to fail and return to your normal life. Underestimation and over confidence will be your downfall." Trevor let his words hang in the air for a moment, letting them sink in. Whether that would be enough to change Matthew's mind, or if they would have to wait for the actual training to do so was no open for the fates to decide. "As for when we begin," Trevor started after a few moments, "I don't know. You trainees weren't supposed to arrive until nine, training was suppose to start sometime after," He answered, reaching up to rub his beard. "If you want to ask, why not ask Ari. He's the one standing over there with the snake on his leg."

(Trevor should sound like Kratos from God of War 4. Aka, Christopher Judge)

Last edited:
Elaine Trevelyon

Elaine looked over at the reception desk at the overseer she felt intimidated by the snake but quickly threw on a smile wanting to pet it, Elaine figured that if it was tame it would be friendly. Sera asked Elaine to do a proper introduction which caused Elaine to think how to do it 'maybe copy sera's introduction?' was her first thought but she didn't want to seem like a copycat so Elaine decided to add her charm to the mix.
"Elaine Trevelyan, the only child to Lynn and Wade Trevelyon, I'm in the care of Seraphine Kessiah O'vera and am currently training to be a support medic in the nightingales! For my enemies, I will be an unmovable mountain and to my allies, ill be a Shield to protect their lives with my own!" Elaine said with one hand on her hip and the other she pulled out her shield which was very simple it was the top of a barrel with deer hyde sowed onto it, she held up the shield and gave Sera a thumbs up and a smile on her face. Elaine wondered if she had pronounced Sera's full name well but smiled putting her shield down by her side.
"Well? I never really done a proper introduction before, was it the best you had ever seen" Elaine said in a joking manner expecting to get a few corrections in her introduction.

[Class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// // these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well. // // These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images// // # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// // or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code// // When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// // Square sized images also will look best// // but if you have a non square image it'll still work// // Don't worry// [/class] [class=Info] Font-Family:Special Elite; color:Black; padding:20px; padding-bottom:5px; background-color:#C8C8C8; width:85%; margin: Auto; // This is the mainly background and the font// // If the Font does not show up // // use the typical bbc font tag in one area to make it show up// // you'll notice I've done so with the Name// // I don't know why it won't work 100% of the time with out doing this// // but since its just a simple thing to add// // I figured it wasn't to much to do to get the font I wanted// //if you want a more modern look I suggest using the font Anonymous Pro// //just don't forget to change it in the font tag on the name so it'll work// [/class] [class=Line] border-bottom: 1px SOLID #000000; //this is the line under each section // To get the double line I just added a style to it// //as you'll be able to see below// [/class] [div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]

hector knox icon.jpg
Interacting:
Maria/M
[Div class="Line"][/div] Mentioned:
Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff
[Div class="Line"][/div] Location: Reception
Action: Greeting Maria && REALISING HE FORGOT TO INTRODUCE HIMSELF
HP of Summons:
2/2

[Div class="Line"][/div]

Hector Knox - Animal Trainer || Summoner/Conjurer [Div class="Line"][/div]

As soon as Hector spied the pink gem, followed quickly by the matching eyes that he recognised the best from the image of his apprentice, he found himself stepping forward to greet her. The raven followed in suit; flying close to the ceiling before landing on his right shoulder. Hector instinctively rolled the shoulder Ronin was perched on in attempt to resituate the familiar's claws onto the pauldron hidden beneath his coat, rather than on bare skin.

He thought she was muttering something under her breath as he neared but he wasn't sure -- if it had been a incantation of some sort he should have noticed. Then again he may be giving himself a bit too much credit.

"Hello there! I wouldn't say you're late but you weren't exactly early either. I suppose just right on time." Hector chortled and instantly regretted when he almost swallowed a thick ball of his own spit. Ronin cawed and Hector could sense the distaste in its tone.

"Sorry -- don't mind that, I haven't exactly had the best wake-up call but I assure you I'm as attentive as the other trainers here. Would you...would you like to go somewhere more private to discuss things further or are you alright in here?" The Conjurer glimpsed about the Reception chamber; it wasn't crowded per se but it's not his position to judge.
[Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]
Coded by Agwordsmith
[/div]

Matthew Jones
Interactions: FireMaiden FireMaiden Kylesar1 Kylesar1

"Yeah yeah, whatever old man. Just relax, I will pass the tests with flying colours." Matthew waved his hand in the air, simply dismissing the warning that Trevor gave him. He flashed a big grin at him too, unaware of what he was getting into. At this point, only a good beating can wake him up from his overconfidence and keep him in check. But he decided it was time to turn his attention elsewhere, striding towards the overseer. "Hey Mr Overseer, are we beginning soooon?" He chriped. At first, he thought he may be too informal, but then he told himself that Trevor didn't seem to mind it all that much, until he called him "old man" that is.

Interaction: Open
Mentioned: Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Lulidew Lulidew Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy @/VioletShadow (They dropped out)

Walking back out to Reception, her trainer dismissing her and going off to take care of something, Sylvia now felt a little out of place. Everyone was talking to their own trainer, so she just decided to take a seat, and watch. The teachers were all rather interesting. A lizard woman who was going to be training Elania, the large man she saw Matthew speaking too must have been a warrior of some sort. How would he not be looking like that? And the last person in the room was a man who, while not rather intemidating in apperance, he had a strange aura. And, well, the snake around his leg didn't help much either. Anyway, she was zoning out a bit, not really paying attention to much of anything, when she heard Mattew go and address the man with the snake. Sylvia didn't know who he was, but knew that probably wasn't the best idea. Especially in a situation like this.

Mentioned: Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Trevor frowned, but was already thinking of a few ways he could break this kids spirit. A good ol' fashion beating should do the trick, so long as Trevor went all out but didn't kill him. A few bruises and broken bones should do the trick. For the mean time, Trevor sat down in the largest chair she could find, it creaking and groaning out in protest as he watched Matthew go up and speak to Ari. He may want to help, or at least watch when Trevor got ahold of him. The very idea was almost amusing, and maybe Trevor didn't have to worry to much about hiring Matthew. He was small, and looked fairly fraile, but they had Sera. The kid would be fine.

Ari Waesmor- Overseer
Reception

Ari watched as the boy approached him after just waving off Trevor. He looked particularly annoyed. He's got a big ass pair on him, I'll tell you that.
Lexi coiled up and hissed at the boy after he made his informal request. Her eyes glowed red and her his was audible to the entire room. "How dare you approach my master with such INSOLENCE!!??!" Lexi was a 40ft Giant Serpent. Needless to say she towered over everyone in that room Lexi had a particularly quick temper
Misty just stayed on the reception counter and groomed herself. "You should watch it, Matthew. Anaconda here is a carnivore and you signed the waiver." she said nonchalantly. Misty wasn't likely to attack or get hostile unless someone showed hostility or Ari gave the command to get hostile.
"You don't have the skill to be this cocky, kid." Ari put his hand out and flicked Matthew on the chest. A loud explosion sound ensued and Matthew was blast back into the wall right beside Trevor. Ari didn't hate cockiness. Hell, HE was the cockiest guy in the guild.........but he more than proved it to every member in the guild.
FireMaiden FireMaiden Lulidew Lulidew

Seraphina Kessiah O'Vera
Reception

"Guess I'll have to start a bit early. Good."​

"Fantastic introduction," Sera exclaimed enthusiastically with a few claps of her hand, "Your mission statement was amazing. I hope I can be of assistance in also teaching you the defense arts. Since we all have to be trained in defense, I know I can give you some pointers in the shield and in defense magic." Sera didn't say anything about her saying Seraphine instead of Seraphina. It wasn't like she butchered the woman's name. It was a small change.
She was gonna say more, but Lexi hissed loudly and it caught her attention. Sera watched her Overseer blast Matthew back with a lot of force and the hit against the wall was probably very painful. Maybe a broken rib. "Ouch," she winced for the guy, "Approach the Overseer with respect yet confidence, not cockiness." This could be an opportunity.
The Kobold looked to Elaine with a bit of a smile and placed her hands on Elaine's. "This could be a prologue into what to expect and my introduction to you into the medical arts as we go heal this boy. Rule #1: Doctors are always on call."
Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy

Ari Waesmor- Overseer

Lexi laid her head back down with a huff and a roll of her eyes. Trevor knew this would happen.
Agreed
Yeah I know. Matthew is a trainee though. Maybe this was Trevor's way of knocking him down a peg. If not Trevor can beat his ass a little or throw him in a position where he can get an ass whooping.
Ari's necklace glowed. Someone was calling. "Yeah?..........fucking hell...........alright, I'll get a replacement."
That was the guildmaster?
Yup. Aron is being tasked out by the Big Head. I have to replace him
Who are you gonna call in? Are you gonna have to sub?
I really don't feel like doing this shit hands on unless I REALLY need to step in...........so I'll call in someone else.

It was nearing 9, so Ari had to start the proceedings soon. "Come you two." Ari walked out and down the hall. The overseer was no longer watching. The eyes of judgement gone.

Last edited:
Matthew Jones
Interactions: Open
Mentions: Kylesar1 Kylesar1 FireMaiden FireMaiden Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy

Right after posing his question, a giant serpent and some cat thingy on the reception counter started warning him, but it was far too late for Matthew to take back what he said. Ari had already blasted him into a wall, without having answered his question at all.

From Matthew's perspective, everything seemed to turn black for just a second, before he regained his senses. When he did so, his ears were ringing non-stop and his vision was blurred. The pain had also took some time to set in, and it was far more excruciating than anything he had ever felt. Matthew was left hunched over on the ground, clutching his chest and howling uncontrollably. His sweat, tears and drool all pooled onto the floor in a big mess below him. Maybe it would have been better if he was knocked out from the shock, rather than to recieve all of the pain. And with that single demonstration, Matthew immediately regretted his actions.

"You got to be kidding me... wasn't that too much of an over reaction?!" He thought to himself. He then remembered the words Trevor had spoken to him. "Underestimation and overconfidence will be your downfall." He took a note that maybe he should take Trevor's words more seriously in future after all, but once again it was far too late. All he could do now was suffer in pain - a "great" way for him to start off his training.

Interaction: Open
Mentioned: Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Lulidew Lulidew Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy

A loud hiss brought her back to reality. She watched as the man spoke to Mattew, and who Sylvia assumed his familiars were. Nobody had told her het who that was, but there was something familiar about him. From stories perhaps? She was told a lot of stories when she was younger, it would make sense if that's where he - "Holy shit." Sylvia was caught off guard as Matthew you went flying across the room, landing beside the large man he had been talking to earlier. She hadn't expected that, and was about fo speak up and ask if that was really necessary, when she stopped herself, and slumped back in her seat. They were training to become Nightingales, some of the most badass mofo's in Ishrion. Of course it was gonna be hard, almost deadly too, but again, she hasn't expected to see that this early. Anyway, she was close enough to Ari that she heard her trainer was being reassigned. "We'll that sucks," She muttered, watching as the black haired man walked off. "Who's gonna train me now?"

Mentioned: Kylesar1 Kylesar1

He hardly reacted as Lexi reared up and hiss at Matthew, before Ask sent him flying backwards. He figured that something like this would happen, rather it be Lexi's fault, or Ari himself. Well, fault isn't the right way to put it, they were the ones helping to get his message across. The fault was Matthew's, and as Trevor watched him make a mess while he was launched over on the floor. With a slight scoff, Trevor stood up and stepped closer to Matthew. There was no real need to say anything, so Trevor just reached down and grabbed him back the back of his shirt, yanking him up onto his feet. "I want you to keep this in mind boy." His tone bad changed a bit, his voice dummbled in his throat more, almost like he was growling. "Ari can do that with magic. I can that without. And Ari is not the one training you, I am. If you think we are not willing to almost kill you for this training to leave it's mark, for you to learn, you may as well leave now. We are not here to baby you." Trevor let go of his shirt, whether Mattew would be able to stay on his feet himself or if he will become better friends with the floor is up to him. With that however, Trevor stepped past him.

"Maria"
Interacting With: Divon Divon

It seemed she was wrong in assuming he wasn't important... Potentially. He seemed a bit more casual than she would have expected out of any Nightingale. Actually, the whole area was far more casual than she had expected... But it wasn't like she had a choice of what the atmosphere was like, or the behavior of others.
She listened to the man she presumed was her instructor, confused as to how he could miss something as simple and important as an introduction. "I'm fine discussing the details here, but... Who are you exactly? I assume you're my instructor...? If they assigned someone named Maria to you, that'd be me I suppose. I still don't know why my name is so difficult for people..." She sighed, before noticing someone get launched for practically no reason.

She didn't care in the slightest however, since it wasn't any of her business what people did around here so long as it didn't impede her progress. Still, it didn't leave the best impression... They're casual and needlessly violent? It was starting to remind her of home at this point... And that wasn't a good thing. "乃ム尺乃ム尺ノム刀丂..." She muttered, returning her attention to the man in front of her.

Elaine Trevelyon
Mentioned: FireMaiden FireMaiden Lulidew Lulidew

Elaine smiled and parted her hair behind her ear as Sera was complimenting her about how well Elaine had introduced herself, Elaine liked getting praised since she went without any source of positive feedback for years but the happiness was suddenly interrupted by a loud snake hiss. This caused Elaine to look over towards the reception area, she saw the boy from earlier that was constantly wanting to fight. The boy was talking to a different man who had a snake around him Elaine's examination of the man was cut short by a loud explosion that sent the boy flying back his body slammed against the wall with a loud thud, Sera then touched Elaine's hand and told her to approach the overseer with respect, Elaine didn't hear that part though as her mind traveled to a place of pain remembering back to when her father would knock her into walls. Elaine walked slowly over to the overseer standing between the boy and the overseer she stood a good distance away from the overseer and took a bow.
"Elaine Trevelyan, Forgive my rude introduction and what is about to be said, We are being trained as a team and as such...If one succeeds on the team everyone succeeds, however when one fails...we all fail, and when one gets hurt we all get hurt." Elaine said looking back at the poor boy and the warrior who was standing beside him she stood up straight holding her shield almost brandishing it as a weapon she held it over her torso with subtle watery eyes she hated confrontation and pain but what she was forging with the nightingales were a team and a new family, even if it wasn't an official team yet her fellow trainees needed to know where she stood which was between them and the danger. Elaine didn't know how the overseer would react but she gritted her teeth ready for the worse, her muscles tensed up wondering if she could even handle the recoil of an attack like that but no matter how tense she got Elaine did not want the fight as such she stood still like a marble statue in a non threatening manner.

Matthew Jones
Interactions: nobody
Mentions: FireMaiden FireMaiden Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy

As soon as Trevor had stepped past Matthew, a grin broke out on his messy face. Even though his legs were still weak and he had to lean on the wall as support, he managed to remain on his feet. He also quickly wiped his face with his shirt, because he couldn't afford to waste any more time crying. As for the grinning, he couldn't help himself. He was simply too impressed. In a way, his actions were intentionally testing the limits of his mentors patience to see how much they could take. After all, if they were weak-willed in any way, he wouldn't be able to have genuine respect for them. And what they had just displayed was exactly what he sought for. Even though it had costed him a whole lot of pain, Matthew considered it to be worth the trouble. Besides, pain was only temporary and just like fighting, the outcome is all that matters.

Having quickly get destroyed by the overseer, he felt a little bit disheartened in how weak he was. But he knew that so long as he trained hard under Trevor, one day he could face enemies just as strong as the overseer. With eyes filled with the hunger for learning and also a little bit of admiration, he marched forward to catch up with Trevor.

Suddenly, Matthew noticed the tall girl walking up to the overseer. "Uh oh, now what?" He thought to himself. He then recalled that she enjoyed helping others or something, and seeing him getting blasted might have enraged her in a way. He thought about stepping in because he didn't felt as hurt as she may have thought, but then stopped himself. Seeing her get blasted alongside him seemed like a fun idea, and besides he didn't want to get blasted a second time. "Save yourself before saving others." He muttered to himself.

Last edited:
Ari Waesmor- Overseer
Reception
"Interesting........."

She's even bolder than the boy. Lexi said into Ari's mind. She stirred but didn't rear up like she did with Matthew.
What are you gonna do, Misty asked
Ari actually cracked a smile at Elaine and crossed his arms. "If you're to be a support medic, you need to spread your legs while you hold up that shield," he commented, not making a single movement towards her. Instead, he was eyeing her legs that showed underneath the shield. They were too close and she had no resistance to movement. "You've got the right idea. Keep brawly boy alive and the rest of your team." The overseer stepped off and receded into the halls.
"Why didn't you wreck her along with him?" Lexi asked him
"Because she ain't cocky..........or confrontational."
"Team player?"
"I'm getting that impression. May make her a team lead." Ari said. "Now I'm about to go get the rogue students a replacement teacher."

Seraphina Kessiah O'Vera
Sera stepped over to Elaine, breathing a sigh of relief. "You made a good impression on the Overseer. Approached respectfully enough and he acknowledged that in you," she said with an air of pride about her. This was HER student already making waves as a Nightingale Trainee. She was just giving advice on how to approach if she were ever going to and Elaine just went with it. "I can't wait to work with you on the field." This got her motivated. Her student held courage enough to step up on behalf of her teammate and that made her immensely ready to get things going

9:10 am
It was 10 minutes after 9, 20 minutes after everything that happened with Matthew and the Overseer, when the man himself stepped back into the reception hall. Behind him was a woman and 2 other teens, a male and a female. "Everyone gather around!!" he yelled out in the reception room. Since the room was so big, it echoed his voice, amplifying it well. "Now to introduce myself. I am Ari Waesmor, your Training Overseer. If you have any issues with your training, you come to me. As long as you don't disrespect me or anyone else, I won't fuck with you too much." He didn't even mention the alternative because they all saw what happened with Matthew as the obvious alternative.

"I got word that Aron, the Rogue Teacher, was to be tasked out by the Guildmaster, so I'm here with a replacement." he stepped aside and presented the teacher. The teacher stepped forward and overlooked the cast as Ari spoke. "This here is Alison Foster. I taught her myself while she worked as my maid. She still is, but she's also a Nightingale." He looked over to Sylvia. "Sylvia Hartford, this is your mentor. Drink the kool aid, because everything she's gonna teach you was taught to her directly by me." So in a way, he was holding her to a higher standard. Alison was pretty well known around the guild. She worked in both Knight and Rogue missions, helped Ari raise his kids and worked as the man's maid, which she had been doing since she was a teen in exchange for room, board, and education.

Ari pointed to the teens behind him. "These here are my kids. Not biological and it's an extremely long story that took place while I was a Ravinnian Crusader. This is Ryan and Willow. Twins, 16, and Demigods. No I'm not exaggerating. We got angels and shit in this guild, we got demigods too. Only 2 in fact." He sounded like this was just a normal occurrence. "They're apprentices and use their magic to support training efforts. Ryan here is Holy and Willow is Dark. With their help, shit is gonna get extremely realistic. We don't practice with wooden swords and blunt tip arrows. We use the real deal." Practice how you perform and Ari was holding them to that in every aspect. They were gonna feel every cut, every pierce, and feel every bone smashed in battle.

"Now if anyone has any questions, ask now. Otherwise I'm gonna administer the first test, which is gonna be the Cloud Maze which you'll be tackling with your mentor." Ari didn't tell anyone what test he was gonna administer, not even the teachers. The only person who probably knew was the guildmaster. The Cloud Maze seemed pretty weird though.

d208566a57d84611bacccce5701803b2.jpg

s2xb.jpg

69122d933967d9eeb56473fae5c5c07b.jpg

FireMaiden FireMaiden Divon Divon Lulidew Lulidew Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff

[Class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// // these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well. // // These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images// // # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// // or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code// // When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// // Square sized images also will look best// // but if you have a non square image it'll still work// // Don't worry// [/class] [class=Info] Font-Family:Special Elite; color:Black; padding:20px; padding-bottom:5px; background-color:#C8C8C8; width:85%; margin: Auto; // This is the mainly background and the font// // If the Font does not show up // // use the typical bbc font tag in one area to make it show up// // you'll notice I've done so with the Name// // I don't know why it won't work 100% of the time with out doing this// // but since its just a simple thing to add// // I figured it wasn't to much to do to get the font I wanted// //if you want a more modern look I suggest using the font Anonymous Pro// //just don't forget to change it in the font tag on the name so it'll work// [/class] [class=Line] border-bottom: 1px SOLID #000000; //this is the line under each section // To get the double line I just added a style to it// //as you'll be able to see below// [/class] [div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]

hector knox icon.jpg
Interacting:
Maria/M
[Div class="Line"][/div] Mentioned:
Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff
[Div class="Line"][/div] Location: Reception > Cloud Maze
Action: Following the rest to the Cloud Maze && hoping he can get to know his apprentice better
HP of Summons:
2/2

[Div class="Line"][/div]

Hector Knox - Animal Trainer || Summoner/Conjurer [Div class="Line"][/div]

The all-so-familiar hiss of the Overseer's reptilian companion and the following harsh crack of a wall caused Hector to flinch -- not too severely but Ronin was nearly dislodged from his shoulder. The Conjurer awkwardly glanced at the commotion that occurred between Ari and the boy that smelt of sweat and enthusiasm...and he took a shaky breath. He figured it'd be better to focus on HIS situation with his apprentice; he didn't expect such basic introductions to go so poorly already...and this time it wasn't him.

"I'm fine discussing the details here, but... Who are you exactly? I assume you're my instructor...? If they assigned someone named Maria to you, that'd be me I suppose. I still don't know why my name is so difficult for people..."
Hector scratched the side of his face as a sheepish grin slowly unfolded.
"Well atleast you're comfortable, that's important --oh I'm really, really sorry if we're -- I'm unable to say your proper name. It's...fascinating actually, with such perplexing incantations and spell chanting we Mages do; names such as yours shouldn't be so difficult to pronounce...."

The raven started to bob on the spot, and the Conjurer hastened his rambling.
"Oh well, right, on the subject of names -- I am Hector Knox. Your instructor, so yeah, your assumption's correct. Erm, if you prefer to go by another name than Maria -- or perhaps teach me to pronounce your true name properly -- feel free to name-drop me anytime."

Ronin cawed impatiently and took flight, circling Hector and Maria for a few seconds before deciding to take roost on one of the ceiling rafters. Hector's shoulders sagged noticeably but he kept his face straight. His darkened eyes, however, were investigative--analysing and scouring over his new apprentice, attempting to figure out just what kind of mage she currently was.

Eventually, the first task to do today was announced by the newly appointed Rogue teacher, and the Conjurer's head tilted at the mention of the Cloud Maze.
'Oh hell why did I think we'd be choosing the activities today? Well it would've made sense, wouldn't it? But the Cloud Maze? Ari...Ari.'

He glanced once more at the Overseer, a glint of anxiety mixed with uncertain anticipation shimmered in his eye.
'Handsome bastard. Atleast you could've given us like, a word of the day that would hint this...'

"Wow, we're jumping right into it I suppose. Hope you're more ready than I am, young miss, 'cause I might let you take the lead on this." Hector said slightly earnestly as he casually waved in the air, prompting Ronin to fly towards him.

Well, the raven should have flew back onto his shoulder but instead the avian flew straight ahead, possibly in the direction of the Cloud Maze. All the Conjurer could do was snap in quiet frustration as he began to feel much more at unease. He'll catch up to it later.
[Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]
Coded by Agwordsmith
[/div]

Elaine Trevelyon
Interaction: FireMaiden FireMaiden Lulidew Lulidew Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Elaine was surprised and happy that she didn't get utterly destroyed by the overseer and after receiving praise from Sera Elaine walked behind her to Matthew and Trevor.
"Forgive my rude intrusion I was simply wondering how the boy was doing?" Elaine said while bowing slightly towards Trevor before standing back up straight After Matthew was well and taken care of Elaine walked over to where Sylvia was sitting and plopped down on the arm of the same chair slightly leaning on the back of the chair while getting close to Sylvia.
"I need a nap," Elaine said sliding down the chair now resting in Sylvia's lap with a smile on her face trying to brighten the girls day despite being taller than the poor girl Elaine kept most of her weight on the arm of the chair while resting her torso on Sylvia's lap. Elaine pretty much stayed in Sylvia's lap until the overseer came back out with a group of people and explained everything to the trainees. 'The cloud maze?' Elaine thought to herself wondering what it was supposed to be but she looked up at Sylvia.
"Hopefully it's not too difficult," Elaine whispered with glee as she was excited to get started she wondered in the back of her mind if the two kids where actually demigods but since Elaine was not really that well versed in religion she didn't even know what a god was so she just assumed it was a strong person.

Dawn Amanodel

The sun had already risen by the time Ana had made it to the little town near the Nightingale’s Headquarters. She was slouching, feet dragging, rubbing her eyes. If she hadn't spent half the last night traveling rather than sleeping, she would have been a whole day late--not a good first impression. Being a few minutes late certainly wasn't either. But at least she was here.
The natural pallor of her face only made the darkness beneath her eyes that much more pronounced; Ana looked almost undead. So it wasn't too surprising when she went asking for directions to the HQ specifically that people quickly weaseled out of the conversation without answering. Some people declined to speak to her altogether.
Eventually, she got an answer--vague, and of course accompanied by an untrusting glare--and Ana followed the directions as best she could. It was even later still when she actually found the HQ. Pushing upon the door, she held her breath and approached the receptionist.
‘I’m…’ She received a look of raised eyebrows. ‘Sorry… I'm Dawn?’ Her hands behind her back were shaking as the receptionist scanned their list, and then nodded to a door. Ana quietly entered. It was a waiting room, but it didn't look like anyone was waiting anymore. Anxious, Ana backed up against the wall and stayed there.

Enna shouldered the door to HQ open. There was a wolverine in their arms. It was large, and angry, and missing a foot.

"Oh, gods," said Linnea, who had been the receptionist at Nightingale HQ since roughly the dawn of time. "You figured out what's been eating the chickens, then."

Enna nodded, and shifted the wolverine into one arm so that they could sign. <It must not be able to hunt like it usually would. Look at its foot.> They gestured to the ragged pink stump. The wolverine tried to bite their face off. Enna flicked it on the nose.

"My heart bleeds for it," Linnea said dryly. "Are you not taking on another apprentice this year? I thought Deshaun finally graduated."

<Deshaun did graduate,> Enna signed back, brows furrowed. <Cleaned out his dorm and everything. When the apprentices arrive next week, I'll be ready.>

"Enna, the apprentices arrived today."

Enna stared blankly. Linnea sighed. "You weren't at the meeting, so we assumed that you were gone on a mission. I think there's still a kid waiting around, though." She gestured vaguely towards the waiting room.

Enna nodded and yanked their notebook out of their pocket. They leaned on the Linnea's desk, ignoring her appalled squawk as the wolverine drooled onto her paperweights, and scribbled a quick introductory message. Then they made their way into the waiting room. There was a worrisomely pale teenager inside.

Hello, the notebook read. My name is Enna. I believe that I am to be your teacher. I cannot speak, but I can hear everything that you say. My apologies for being so late, but we had a situation with the chicken coops. What is your name?

Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

Interaction: Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Lulidew Lulidew Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy Divon Divon Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff

She moved to stand up as Sylvia approached Ari because of what she had just witnessed with Mathew, but the snake...once Sylvia saw that it didn't rear up like it did with Mathew, she sighed a bit, a little relief washing over her. Elaine didn't deserve to be sent flying, and while honestly, that black haired guy didn't seem like the one to just go harming random girls like that. Mathew...well, he did say he was excited to get his ass handed to him. Anyway, after Ari had walked off, Sylvia was a little surprise when Elaine came over and just began to lounge on her. Well, they were friends now...maybe. this was fine, though Sylvia's kinda gay little heart was going crazy at the moment. "Hey, you good? Looks like the snake guy spooked ya a bit," She said, a small chuckle. That might come back to bit her later, but again, nobody had actually told her who he was yet. "And yeah, me too. I don't like early mornings. Don't think we'll have a chance to get one though, look."

As she spoke, the black haired guy cam.back, this time followed by more people. He went and introduced them all, two of his demi god childern, weird, and his maid, even weirder. However, the weirdest part, but the part that solved her major worry at the moment, was the fact that Ari (another solved mystery) said that Alluon was going to be training her. And Allion was trained by Ari. And now that Sylvia knew his name, she was suddenly remained of some of the stories she has heard whole uh, borrowing, from some certain taverns. She smiled, knowing both that while she was probably not only going to get her ass kicked, but, she was going to get some of the best training possible. But, she still had to ask. "What's a cloud maze?"

Dawn Amanodel

Ana was left standing there for a while, unsure of what to do, until she was approached by a very intimidating someone. They had a live wolverine in their hands. What the hell. If there was any colour in Ana’s face at all, it was gone now. She was handed a note, which she took with shaking hands and read it.
‘I-I-I’m Dawn.’ She looked between the note and the person who was apparently to be her teacher. They didn't look much like a medic. But Ana was a bit too petrified to question it. Besides, the teachers here were nightingales. It was difficult to imagine any of them making a mistake somehow. She gestured to the writhing wolverine. ‘I don't suppose that was the, uh, the chicken coop problem?’ She chuckled half-heartedly. A little fear was still noticeably present in her voice.

Noam Noam

Alison Foster
FireMaiden FireMaiden

"The cloud maze is a brutal training exercise. We're transported high into the air and we walk amongst the clouds while Ari takes potshots at us from the final destination and sends Lexi and Misty after us. The goal is to make it to the temple. That's the low-down. It's a glorified version of Storm the Castle," Alison said to her new apprentice. She actually hated the cloud maze, especially when Ari ran it. He laid the obstacles and attacks on thick. "Since no one actually dies, he's gonna attack like he plans to kill you, and he definitely will." Alison was calm and ready on the outside, but not so much on the inside. Before she became a Nightingale, she had to fight in the clouds against Sky Pirates. Everything was good when she landed on the ship, but while sailing through the air, she almost shit herself, being held together only by the fact that she had to look after Ryan, Willow, and a little wolf boy that she was incredibly fond of. Alison preferred her feet planted firmly on the ground. It was fine being on a plane or an airship, but if she couldn't walk normally, she hated it. Even after all the airship rides and the times she had to do the cloud maze, it only reinforced her hatred of fighting while airborne.
"But if you stick with me, I'll turn you into a Femme Fatale for the ages. Plus, you'll learn how to survive and thrive. Rogue Training emphasizes survival, reading people, and getting what you want out of them, whether it's an object or information."

Ari Waesmor- Overseer

"If everyone's ready, you'll get a good 10 minu-tos to get your stuff. You're allowed 5 items. Armor and 1 weapon doesn't count. 20 rounds of ammo is free. Every 10 after that is an item.........." He turned around to walk off, "Mentors, get your students to the armory and let them suit up. After that, meet in the training room. If you're late, just go home because that's an automatic failure." Ari was getting to business really quick with this Cloud Maze

Divon Divon Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Noam Noam FireMaiden FireMaiden Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back