• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy To Be a Nightingale: The Apprenticeship

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Kylesar1

This is my loudest bork
The Nightingale Guild is one of the most elite guilds in Ishrion. Hailing from all backgrounds from all lands in all professions with all skills, they've fought crime on everything from simple purse snatching to running covert night operations in support of Military Campaigns. The people who make up the Nightingales are nothing short of champions, the role model of what every warrior, every archer, every doctor, every priest, every scout wants to be. They are a fellowship made of the highest physical, mental, emotional, and magic standards in the country and their turnover rate is incredibly high. On and off the battlefield, they uphold the Nightingale Code and strive for constant improvement. Their craft is NEVER fully mastered. There is always more to do, more to learn. Fighting isn't even the name of the game. Teamwork, Dedication, Hard Work, Faith, Consistency are but a few of the various things it takes to be a Nightingale

This is what you want to be.........alas you are not.......yet. From a little weakling, you must prove yourself in the face of not only your mentor, but in front of every Nightingale and even every normal citizen you come across. Discipline, learning, a controlled hand that's slow to turn into a fist, words before the sword. You will be pushed to the limits time and time again, put in near death situations, thrown into a lion's den with nothing more than your wits and whatever wordplay you managed to develop before then, all in the name of being the one and the only.............a Nightingale

RP Rules

• RPN Moderators are the HNICs. RPN rules and policy above all
  • No OP Characters
  • No Godmodding
  • My word is law. I try to be as fair and lenient as possible
  • Keep OOC in the OOC
  • At least a Paragraph and no more than 4. I hate one-liners and I hate huge walls of text with nothing but filler
  • No personal attacks even in the OOC. Nothing said in the IC is personal
  • If you're having a dispute, try to settle it like adults before I have to make the verdict

Last edited:
State (Or Province): Norland
City: Redwood
Day: Monday
Time: 8 am
Temperature: 64 degrees
Weather: Overcast, partial chance of rain
oak__s_crossing_by_jonasdero-d41rd6c.jpg

Redwood is a small town that lies between the capital, Whitepoint, and the city of Milmount, named for it being the closest city to the mountain range, the Mililan Highlands. It's about the 50 mile mark between the 93 miles stretch from Whitepoint to Milmount. It's a fairly country town, where you get a hell of a lot of countryside, meadows, farmgrounds, and woodlands. Besides being a hotspot for caravans due to the presence of the Guild Headquarters, there isn't much there. Most people who live here are either veterans or those who want to live the rest of their lives as families or farmers. It's a strategically placed headquarters due to having fast access to the capital city and the mountain if needed due to its Wyvern Force, which rules the skies above all 3 cities. Redwood is not a particularly important town in itself, it being carved out by the King as a military point over anything else. The rest of the town just grew around it, yet kept to the mostly country life that was away from the actual military headquarters a bit off and away from the actual civilian town.

Right at the entrance of the woods lie the Nightingale HQ, the place where every Nightingale branch answers back to. This is also where Nightingale training takes place. The place, like every other piece of military infrastructure, looked far ahead of its time in this backwoods town. Why was the training location so close to the HQ? The mountains, woodlands, and vast flat and hilled fields give as much terrain and space as one could need for whatever purpose.

It was the opener to a new cycle of Nightingale Trainees. All the teachers had to be in bright and early to discuss the beginning plans while the newcomers themselves had to show up to meet their teachers. All the paperwork and formalities were already out of the way. They were chosen, they signed their waivers, they took the Nightingale Oath. They were put up in the local hotel for the night and would be assigned a dorm-like room to stay in during their training.

It was time to begin. The teachers were to report to the Conference Room by order of their Training Overseer, Ari Waesmor, and the students were to report to Reception. They all had briefs to get to before meeting the person they'd be working closely with for the duration of their training.

(And we're off!!)
FireMaiden FireMaiden Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy Divon Divon Lulidew Lulidew VioletShadow VioletShadow Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

[Class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// // these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well. // // These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images// // # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// // or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code// // When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// // Square sized images also will look best// // but if you have a non square image it'll still work// // Don't worry// [/class] [class=Info] Font-Family:Special Elite; color:Black; padding:20px; padding-bottom:5px; background-color:#808080; width:85%; margin: Auto; // This is the mainly background and the font// // If the Font does not show up // // use the typical bbc font tag in one area to make it show up// // you'll notice I've done so with the Name// // I don't know why it won't work 100% of the time with out doing this// // but since its just a simple thing to add// // I figured it wasn't to much to do to get the font I wanted// //if you want a more modern look I suggest using the font Anonymous Pro// //just don't forget to change it in the font tag on the name so it'll work// [/class] [class=Line] border-bottom: 1px SOLID #000000; //this is the line under each section // To get the double line I just added a style to it// //as you'll be able to see below// [/class] [div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]

hector knox icon.jpg
Interacting:
@Any of the staff there
[Div class="Line"][/div] Mentioned:
@N/A
[Div class="Line"][/div] Location: Conference Room
Action: Anxiously in Wait && In Thought
HP of Summons:
2/2

[Div class="Line"][/div]

Hector Knox - Animal Trainer || Summoner/Conjurer [Div class="Line"][/div]

The Conjurer had been up earlier than the crack of dawn; not because he was a mess of excitement and anxiety for the tasks ahead today -- no, such feelings just made it harder for him to eat -- but it was due to his raven familiar that had incessantly pecked at his brow.

His lack of a complete sleep was evident by the noticeable eyebags that hung beneath his darting eyes as he tightened his coat around himself; hardened boots clapping against the well-kept floors of the Nightingale HQ. The raven perched atop his shoulder was bobbing with each of his steps, occasionally giving him an odd look before pointing its beak to the direction where he had to go. 'I hadn't forgotten, Ronin -- the overseer's made it pretty clear where to head off to in this lovely morning. Don't, don't, give me that look, its your fucking fault I look like crap -- wait, wait!'

With an abrupt end to their telepathic (one-sided) conversation, Hector hastened his pace to a light jog as he hurried after his troublesome familiar, which he watched fly into an open room. As a nuisance as Ronin was, he was still an somewhat intelligent animal, and the conjurer skidded to a stop by the entrance of the room, a hand resting against the doorframe as he peered inside to see the raven hopping about on the round table. The Conference room. Relief cooled his skin and he quickly made his way inside, as well as make several attempts grab Ronin. After a few seconds of almost splaying himself over the table, he mustered a defeated smile and a "tsk" before pulling back and situating himself near a wall as he waited for the other staff to enter.

As he absentmindedly watched the black bird trail feathers all over the table, he leaned his head against the wall and allowed his somewhat sleep-deprived mind tread onto the thoughts of the overseer -- a ridiculously handsome fellow with hair, possibly as soft as the feathers that Ronin had. The raven's piercing caw set the hair on his neck on end, but he wasn't as disturbed as those would have if they weren't always bombarded by the noise; and his thoughts were redirected to the new trainees he would see. The mixture of adrenaline and sickness returned, coiling within his stomach.
[Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]
Coded by Agwordsmith
[/div]

Last edited:
Elaine Trevelyon
Interaction: Open

Elaine rolled out of bed with a grunt the bed at the inn was not that comfortable but she couldn't really complain because it was free so she shrugged it off, Elaine walked over to the wardrobe and took off her sleepwear putting on her chainmail outfit then putting her clothes on over it she grabbed her wooden shield putting it on her back and walked out of the inn. Elaine shivered at the cool weather and took a deep breath in smelling hints of moisture in the air 'it may rain' she thought while smiling despite being cheery she liked the rain it gave off a romantic vibe so she walked down the cobblestone street heading in the direction of the woods and the headquarters of the Nightengales, after walking for a couple of minutes the building came into view. Elaine was told to be there early to meet her new trainer, she was curious as to how training would work though and she hoped to make some friends at least, she walked into the building looking for the reception where she was told to wait for the other arrivals and the trainers she walked over to a desk where the receptionist was sitting.
"Hey! I'm a trainee and was told to wait at reception should I just make myself comfortable until the others arrive?" Elaine asked in a chipper mood while leaning on the counter waiting for a reply.
"Yes, you can have a seat." The receptionist said motioning at the small waiting area. Elaine thanked her and walked over to the waiting area throwing herself down onto a chair with a huff, she was antsy to meet new people and make some friends she waited for someone else to show up like a puppy waiting for its owner to come home.

original.jpg Sylvia Hartford
Interaction: Open
Mentioned: Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy

Waking up that morning, Sylvia almost forgot what was happening today. Spending a few minutes sitting in bed, wondering where she was because this wasn't her camp site? It took a few minutes to for her to wake up enough to actually realize why she was there. Sylvia's Nightingale training was starting today, or at least, supposed to be starting today. That's what she and the other initiates were told. If only she didn't have to get up so early. Sylvia was more the wake up at noon kinda person, but...Sylvia groaned as she pulled herself out of bed, the floor creaking a bit as he stood up stretching her arms above her head with a slight whine. Walking over to the small window, she lifted it just a crack to get some fresh air while she got ready.

She brushed her hair, got dressed, and put her armor on all in 20 minutes, though she stayed in her hotel room until 8 am rolled around, before she finally left. She was going to go find breakfast, maybe from a bakery or something, but Redwood wasn't really a big place. As soon as she stepped outside, the hotel room having been paid for, she noticed how void tis place was of life. Farmers were out already, taking care of their crops and animals, but their families didn't seem to be very active. As Sylvia walked down the street, she didn't run into anyone, and from what she could tell, the shops that could have had some breakfast for her, were all closed. So, stopping breifly to pull out the last of some dried rabbit, she started her walk out to the Nightingale Headquarters.

The rabbit she was chewing on she had actually attempted to dry out herself, but it wasn't done correctly, so about half way through her walk, she just spit it out and tossed the rest. She would get something later, the Nightingale's would feed them right? Well, they should, if not that would just be kinda rude. Anyway, continuing her walk, she was thinking about the stuff that had happened yesterday. She had to ask someone to read her waiver for her because, well, Slyvia can't read. Can't write either, so her signature is a fancy looking scribble. Like normal, she blamed bad eyesight, or rather, the certain way it was written out was hard for her to read to try and avoid the embarrassment. That was yesterday, she doubted there would be anything she would have to read today. So, after a short walk, Sylvia made it to the Nightingale Headquarters and walked in. She walked up to the receptionist and explained why she was there, before being told to go sit down in the waiting room. Sylvia have the other girl already there a polite smile, before she began to mind her own business.

Elaine Trevelyon
Interaction: FireMaiden FireMaiden

As Elaine was sprawled out on the chair making herself at home another girl about her age came in and talked to the receptionist Elaine felt self-conscious as she looked at the girl because Elaine herself would tower over the girl in height. The girl sat down at another chair in the waiting area and she smiled at Elaine which she took as an invitation to have a conversation with her, Elaine leaned over in her chair in the direction of the new girl.
"I'm Elaine! What's your name?" she said with a smile while holding her hand out happily waiting for a handshake from the girl in front of her Elaine smiled at her to try and be friendly without being too overboard but she may have just come off too strong for a first-time introduction.

Seraphina Kessiah O'Vera
Medical Bay

Sera was always up and early. She had to check on her patients as well as get her medical equipment ready for the day. She had to throw in some exercise during that time as well because she was usually a VERY busy woman. Training Day 1. Oh god, thought to herself. She was always happy to begin training, but she wasn't training up adults who went through medical school this time. She was training up Teens who were looking to become Nightingales and thus had to apply medical work to the battlefield and to battle wounds. That was a much harder thing to do. Still......."Ari chose us because we were the best of the best." It was flattering, but she just wasn't mentally ready for this. Hopefully the apprentice she would be paired with wasn't some fiesty knight to be who didn't even know that medical stuff wasn't his calling and would drop out to get a new teacher a month into their classes.

Exercises done, she went over to the bathroom and sprayed warm water all over her body. Since she didn't skin, not much stuck to her nor did her body hold any odors. She still took baths with soap to make her scales shine, but for the most part, warm water was enough to get all the dirt off. Plus, she had just done that last night, so her scales were shining. She looked to her equipment and believed that she would possibly be late. She had to get all her stuff and her replacement hadn't shown up yet. Ari would understand a doctor's job and how they held different schedules and call times. They had to take their time to ensure they had everything they'd need because that was lives on the line.

So she took her time getting her stuff ready.............

[Class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments // //and do no show up in the final design,// // these are to help you find everything easily// //and explain some code as well. // // These comments must be with in a class or script tags// // in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images// // # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes// // or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code// // When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter// // it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
tags// // Square sized images also will look best// // but if you have a non square image it'll still work// // Don't worry// [/class] [class=Info] Font-Family:Special Elite; color:Black; padding:20px; padding-bottom:5px; background-color:#808080; width:85%; margin: Auto; // This is the mainly background and the font// // If the Font does not show up // // use the typical bbc font tag in one area to make it show up// // you'll notice I've done so with the Name// // I don't know why it won't work 100% of the time with out doing this// // but since its just a simple thing to add// // I figured it wasn't to much to do to get the font I wanted// //if you want a more modern look I suggest using the font Anonymous Pro// //just don't forget to change it in the font tag on the name so it'll work// [/class] [class=Line] border-bottom: 1px SOLID #000000; //this is the line under each section // To get the double line I just added a style to it// //as you'll be able to see below// [/class] [div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]

Interacting:
@Any of the staff there
@N/A
Action: Anxiously in Wait && In Thought
HP of Summons:
2/2

[Div class="Line"][/div]

The Conjurer had been up earlier than the crack of dawn; not because he was a mess of excitement and anxiety for the tasks ahead today -- no, such feelings just made it harder for him to eat -- but it was due to his raven familiar that had incessantly pecked at his brow.

His lack of a complete sleep was evident by the noticeable eyebags that hung beneath his darting eyes as he tightened his coat around himself; hardened boots clapping against the well-kept floors of the Nightingale HQ. The raven perched atop his shoulder was bobbing with each of his steps, occasionally giving him an odd look before pointing its beak to the direction where he had to go. 'I hadn't forgotten, Ronin -- the overseer's made it pretty clear where to head off to in this lovely morning. Don't, don't, give me that look, its your fucking fault I look like crap -- wait, wait!'

With an abrupt end to their telepathic (one-sided) conversation, Hector hastened his pace to a light jog as he hurried after his troublesome familiar, which he watched fly into an open room. As a nuisance as Ronin was, he was still an somewhat intelligent animal, and the conjurer skidded to a stop by the entrance of the room, a hand resting against the doorframe as he peered inside to see the raven hopping about on the round table. The Conference room. Relief cooled his skin and he quickly made his way inside, as well as make several attempts grab Ronin. After a few seconds of almost splaying himself over the table, he mustered a defeated smile and a "tsk" before pulling back and situating himself near a wall as he waited for the other staff to enter.

As he absentmindedly watched the black bird trail feathers all over the table, he leaned his head against the wall and allowed his somewhat sleep-deprived mind tread onto the thoughts of the overseer -- a ridiculously handsome fellow with hair, possibly as soft as the feathers that Ronin had. The raven's piercing caw set the hair on his neck on end, but he wasn't as disturbed as those would have if they weren't always bombarded by the noise; and his thoughts were redirected to the new trainees he would see. The mixture of adrenaline and sickness returned, coiling within his stomach.
Coded by Agwordsmith
[/div]
Ari Waesmor- Overseer
Conference Room

The Overseer woke up even before the crack of dawn, before pretty much everyone else. Like Sera, the man was usually incredibly busy and did all of this exercise while it was cool because it was hotter than hell during the day. When Hector came into the Conference Room, Ari was writing some information down. He looked up and spoke to the Summoner. "Good morning Hector," was his first words driven by a pleasant smile. Ari was known throughout his life to be insanely cocky and sarcastic. The only time the other Nighingales had seen that though was when he was on the battlefield. He was still incredibly sarcastic and backed up everything he was cocky over, so I guess he proved himself enough. He had mellowed out quite a lot since he officially became a Nightingale and the Training Overseer. He ran missions from time to time but it was mostly capture or assassination missions. He followed the King's Blacklist and brought these people in Dead or Alive.

Ari, standing at 6 had glowing skin, slightly tanned from all the time and years he spent out in the sun. It was flawless and he was clean shaven to the point where it seemed like he just didn't grow facial hair. The hair on his head though had a sleek shine that could pass streaks of light through it if one walked around while he stood under a light-source. Ari's skin regimen was impeccable, grooming habits perfection, and maintenance religious.
On the table drinking a bowl of milk was an Owl Griffin about the size of a kitten. The Griffin made a name for itself all throughout the Nighingale HQ. This was Misty and not many people disliked her if any. She was seemingly always in a good mood and loved her master. While most familiars were hostile or indifferent to anyone but their master, Misty actually went about socializing with everybody.
Curled up under his chair was another familiar, a giant Serpent Basilisk everyone got to know by the name of Lexi. Lexi was.........a little less likable than Misty was but a hell of a lot more proficient in battle, incredibly smart, and knew her stuff. She was usually blunt and indifferent to how others were feeling. She was the polar opposite to Misty in literally every way besides their love for their master, so they bickered a lot.
Ari has said many many times that he depended on his familiars as they depended on him. Disrespect towards them was worse than disrespect towards him. The familiars were extensions of him and he was quick to admit that they helped him whether summoned or unsummoned.
"You look like you haven't slept in ages, Hector." Lexi hissed as he approached.
"♫Rooooniiin♫" Misty sang happily as she flew over to greet the man's raven.
"Lexi is right, man. Are you ok to train this morning? Need some sleeping herbs?"
latest

Matthew Jones
Interaction:
Open
Mentions: None
As soon as dawn came around, Matthew jumped up from bed full of energy. Today was a special day for him, and more specifically it was the day he would get a teacher to teach him all about fighting. Just imagining all the fighting sessions with an unbeatable opponent made him all jumpy and excited. It was like a challenge - something that Matthew enjoyed greatly.

After changing his clothes and grabbing what little equipment that he had, he made his way hastily to the Nightingale headquarters, the cool air further rejuvenating his spirits. There weren't many others along the streets at 8am, so the streets were peaceful and quiet, just like a calm before the storm, Matthew thought. Or maybe Matthew was just too excited to stirr up a fight. After all, the trip to the hotel had been a long one and he had few opportunities to engage in combat, unlike in his hometown where crimes were rampant.

When he finally reached the entrance to the building, he recalled the advice his father had gave him regarding his somewhat anti-social personality. "If you wanna succeed, you gotta make a lotta friends! Especially if you are gonna become a Nightingale. I heard that many applicants had been kicked out for their anti-social personality, and once you're kicked out, you're not gonna have the fun you seek!" Usually, he would ignore his father's advice like a spoiled brat. But seeing as to how this was his father's final advice to him before he left, he decided to take it into consideration in his journey.

"Okay so I gotta smile and say Hi first, right?" He said aloud to no one in particular. After he quickly recounted the steps to making friends in his head, he stepped into the building with his heart thumping in his head. After speaking to the receptionist, he walked to a corner of the waiting room, waiting for a chance to speak.

tags// // Square sized images also will look best// // but if you have a non square image it'll still work// // Don't worry// [/class] [class=Info] Font-Family:Special Elite; color:Black; padding:20px; padding-bottom:5px; background-color:#C8C8C8; width:85%; margin: Auto; // This is the mainly background and the font// // If the Font does not show up // // use the typical bbc font tag in one area to make it show up// // you'll notice I've done so with the Name// // I don't know why it won't work 100% of the time with out doing this// // but since its just a simple thing to add// // I figured it wasn't to much to do to get the font I wanted// //if you want a more modern look I suggest using the font Anonymous Pro// //just don't forget to change it in the font tag on the name so it'll work// [/class] [class=Line] border-bottom: 1px SOLID #000000; //this is the line under each section // To get the double line I just added a style to it// //as you'll be able to see below// [/class] [div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]

hector knox icon.jpg
Interacting:
Ari Waesmor - Training Overseer
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Action: In Conversation && Realisation - Where the heck is the staff
HP of Summons:
2/2

[Div class="Line"][/div]

"Good morning Hector,"
Hector quickly stood to attention when the training overseer's irritatingly smooth greeting danced into his ears. Almost a bit too fast, as he ended up massaging the side of his head that he used to push off the wall from. He sheepishly rubbed the nape of his neck as he lowkey freaked out on how he somehow missed the literally glowing man sitting at the front of the conference table.

"Good -- great morning to you too, actually. Sorry I should've, you know, said that first when I came here--" The Conjurer finished with a trailing chuckle and he averted his gaze to the portraits that decorated the classy interior. In an attempt to ease himself, he busied on pretending to be interested on the paintings of breathtaking scenery to majestic pieces of, probably deceased or retired Nightingales. A few of them had beasts; in the process of being conquered, however.

"You look like you haven't slept in ages, Hector."
"Can you blame me though? I mean, we get to meet -- we have to train the new generation of Nightingales. That's...a hefty task if you asked me." As Hector responded to the hiss that came beneath the Overseer's chair he still didn't break eye-contact with a dying manticore on the wall. "Oh, and the minor inconvenience which is that damn black bird..."
'I'm just joking with you, you know I still love my Ronin -- especially because you decided to stop shitting on my shoulder...'

"♫Rooooniiin♫"
Hector's attention was then drawn to the adorable feathery ball that attempted to toy with Ronin. With a lopsided grin and telepathic encouragement, he watched with glee as the raven squawked in salutation, before hopping in circles around the other avian. There was a puddle-sized mess of feathers on the roundtable now, but fortunately he wouldn't have to clean up much as Ronin's feathers can just disappear with a snap of his fingers. But not yet, the birds were just starting.

"Lexi is right, man. Are you ok to train this morning? Need some sleeping herbs?"
"Am I -- Am I OK to train this morning?" Hector thrusted a finger towards his chest in deliberate display of theatrics. "If I put off this excitement any longer, even a sleeping spell won't help me." He giggled warmly as he finally took a seat; atleast 2 chairs separated the Conjurer with Ari. "So I say let's get it over with."
'Don't drink today, don't drink today -- you don't need it, you can't need it'

"You, on the other hand look like you've stayed up waaaay longer than I have and still manage to look fucking great. I don't want to ask how though, it'll ruin a bit of your mystery." With the company of the Overseer, he grew more alert on how empty the Conference room was.
"Huh...I really am too early this time." He murmured and Ronin flapped a few wingbeats, almost scattering the papers that Ari was working on.
Coded by Agwordsmith
[/div]

Interaction: Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy Lulidew Lulidew
Mentioned: N/A

Maybe that smile was a mistake, because as soon as she had almost forgotten about the girl, Sylvia jumped when the red head addressed her, sticking her hand out for Sylvia to take. "Uh..." Sylvia wasn't really sure what to do, but after a few moments, took the other girl's hand, giving it a light shake, before dropping it. "I'm Sylvia Hartford, nice to meet you Elaine." The girl, no, Elaine, didn't seem that much younger than Sylvia, maybe they were even the same age. But this girl...Sylvia cane to the quick conclusion that she was the worse type of person. A morning person. The real bubbly, very happy, not a great grip on reality because they wake up and are good to go almost right off the bat, those type of people. "I guess you're excited, yeah?" Sylvia questioned, though it was more blatant observation than a question.

However, before she would get a response, she caught movement out of the corner of her eye, and her attention went to the boy who went and stood in the corner. Waving a bit to get his attention, she would then beckon him over. "Hey, don't be shy, join the party," She chuckled. While not a big social butterfly, Sylvia knew that teamwork was gonna be a big thing here, so she should make an effort to meet everyone, and at least get to know them a little bit before the actual training started. Seemed like a good idea, yeah? The boy looked short for a guy, though he was probably at least still and inch or two taller than herself, and she could that that kid was pretty light too. Elaine was kinda hard to judge since she was sitting down, but she would get to judge a bit later.

"So," Sylvia started, trying to think of a conversation topic, "Y'all ready for this? Nightingale training is pretty hard. At least, from what I've beard, it's probably even worse than the stories. Especially for a bunch of Newbies." She chuckled with the last part, reaching up to run her hand through her ponytail, before dropping her hand and readjusting a bit in her seat. "Well, it shouldn't be all bad."

tags// // Square sized images also will look best// // but if you have a non square image it'll still work// // Don't worry// [/class] [class=Info] Font-Family:Special Elite; color:Black; padding:20px; padding-bottom:5px; background-color:#C8C8C8; width:85%; margin: Auto; // This is the mainly background and the font// // If the Font does not show up // // use the typical bbc font tag in one area to make it show up// // you'll notice I've done so with the Name// // I don't know why it won't work 100% of the time with out doing this// // but since its just a simple thing to add// // I figured it wasn't to much to do to get the font I wanted// //if you want a more modern look I suggest using the font Anonymous Pro// //just don't forget to change it in the font tag on the name so it'll work// [/class] [class=Line] border-bottom: 1px SOLID #000000; //this is the line under each section // To get the double line I just added a style to it// //as you'll be able to see below// [/class] [div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]

Interacting:
Ari Waesmor - Training Overseer
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Action: In Conversation && Realisation - Where the heck is the staff
HP of Summons:
2/2

[Div class="Line"][/div]

Hector quickly stood to attention when the training overseer's irritatingly smooth greeting danced into his ears. Almost a bit too fast, as he ended up massaging the side of his head that he used to push off the wall from. He sheepishly rubbed the nape of his neck as he lowkey freaked out on how he somehow missed the literally glowing man sitting at the front of the conference table.

"Good -- great morning to you too, actually. Sorry I should've, you know, said that first when I came here--" The Conjurer finished with a trailing chuckle and he averted his gaze to the portraits that decorated the classy interior. In an attempt to ease himself, he busied on pretending to be interested on the paintings of breathtaking scenery to majestic pieces of, probably deceased or retired Nightingales. A few of them had beasts; in the process of being conquered, however.

"Can you blame me though? I mean, we get to meet -- we have to train the new generation of Nightingales. That's...a hefty task if you asked me." As Hector responded to the hiss that came beneath the Overseer's chair he still didn't break eye-contact with a dying manticore on the wall. "Oh, and the minor inconvenience which is that damn black bird..."
'I'm just joking with you, you know I still love my Ronin -- especially because you decided to stop shitting on my shoulder...'

Hector's attention was then drawn to the adorable feathery ball that attempted to toy with Ronin. With a lopsided grin and telepathic encouragement, he watched with glee as the raven squawked in salutation, before hopping in circles around the other avian. There was a puddle-sized mess of feathers on the roundtable now, but fortunately he wouldn't have to clean up much as Ronin's feathers can just disappear with a snap of his fingers. But not yet, the birds were just starting.

"Am I -- Am I OK to train this morning?" Hector thrusted a finger towards his chest in deliberate display of theatrics. "If I put off this excitement any longer, even a sleeping spell won't help me." He giggled warmly as he finally took a seat; atleast 2 chairs separated the Conjurer with Ari. "So I say let's get it over with."
'Don't drink today, don't drink today -- you don't need it, you can't need it'

"You, on the other hand look like you've stayed up waaaay longer than I have and still manage to look fucking great. I don't want to ask how though, it'll ruin a bit of your mystery." With the company of the Overseer, he grew more alert on how empty the Conference room was.
"Huh...I really am too early this time." He murmured and Ronin flapped a few wingbeats, almost scattering the papers that Ari was working on.
Coded by Agwordsmith
[/div]
Ari Waesmor- Training Overseer
Conference Room

"You flatter me Hector," Ari said with a chuckle at the man's compliment. Before he could respond a bit further though, Ari's necklace began to glow. "Mr. Waesmor, some of the students are in," said a voice from the crystal around his neck. It was the receptionist.
Ari sighed in frustration. "They're here already? Their call time was 9."
"I guess they wanted to make a good impression." the caller answered simply.
"Right........Guess they'll just have to get acquainted with each other for a minute."

Seraphina O'Vera
Sera opened the door and walked into the Conference Room, medical equipment in hand. "Good Morning, Overseer." she said sweetly. The Kobold Woman did a quick bow and was as soft spoken as she could be. Speaking in a soothing tone helped her keep her patients calm, and it helped keep any moods pleasant.
Ari turned to her as the crystal grew dim again. "Good morning, Sera. Take a seat." She immediately obliged.

Ari passed out folders to them both. In the folders were copies of files of their students. "I'll just go over the basics. We have Sylvia Hartford, who wants to go down the Rogue Path. Female, 19. She's had quite the tragic life and has a criminal record for stealing........" Ari scoffed as he read the words aloud. He had only skimmed them before, not really just read them. So a thief who wants to be a rogue. "Alright, well I'll have to confiscate every piece of armor and weapons she has then. We're not being on the hook for potentially stolen merchandise." Plus, if she was a thief, it'd do her good to learn how to steal without getting caught. The very fact that she had a criminal record for stealing meant she was a thieving noob.

"Elaine Trevelyon......pretty close to Elaina......." Ari's daughter was named Elaina and she was there in the Nightingale HQ. ".........another female, 18. Abused by her father, who we've arrested already. She seems.......traumatized?" Ari didn't know much of what to think here. She ran away from home from her father.
"Does she have any weapons or a weapons preference?" Sera asked
"None. She wants to be a medic." That made Sera jump up. "She's mine overseer!" she exclaimed, which only got her a sharp look from the man, making her slump back down.
"I was leaning towards you anyways, Sera," Ari said

Ari moved over to another student file. "And we have Matthew Jones. Male, 17, going to be a brawler. He seems to have the basic 'I want to be a hero' story. Father was a blacksmith. A simple story. Easy to work with, right? As long as he drinks the kool-aid and doesn't get too cocky."
Ari looked towards the door. "If Trevor and Aron would hurry the hell UP, we can go ahead and assign you all students." Until then, they'd just have to go over them and Ari could gauge their thoughts on their new students. They weren't done going over the students just yet. Ari just paused so they could process everything so far and not get overloaded or just tune him out. It was early in the morning.

FireMaiden FireMaiden VioletShadow VioletShadow Divon Divon

Aron Veyra
Aron woke up in a contemplative mood, wondering whether he should head straight to the Conference Room, or take his time. He had never been good at time management, and so he decided against heading to the Conference Room early. I mean, he did wake up at 5am afterall. After a silent walk through Redwood, wondering if he would spot any trainees, he quietly ate an apple, thinking it would still be only around 6am. To his horror, it was somehow already 8am. After taking all the shortcuts he knew through the town, which was a lot considering how long he had worked here, he reached the Conference Room in record speed.

Nonchalantly, he walked into the room as if nothing was wrong. "My apologies Overseer, I appear to have slept in." He smiled sheepishly, before silently taking a seat. He wasn't going to let Ari tell him off for his poor time management again, considering how many times this had happened before. After nodding towards both Sera and Hector, Aron eyed the files in the teachers' hands, and quietly read them as he awaited further instruction. "Looks like Slyvia is mine?" He asked, somewhat sympathizing with the girls past.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Divon Divon

a2d2d5a2ea5cee085667160062e6358a.jpg Trevor Hall
Interaction: Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Divon Divon VioletShadow VioletShadow

"Ma'am, I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't know anyone by the name of...what was it again?"

"Henry! Henry McMahon! My son, he talked about challenging some big buffoon, and hasn't come back yet! You're the biggest buffoon here, so where is he?" The woman had been going on about the same thing for an hour, the road a bit blocked now by the crowd. He was late for the his meeting now, and he could feel start of a head splitter.

"Ma'am, please, I don't have time for this, and I don't care. Will you move?" His comment didn't go over to well, as she started beating on his chest with a small broom. Trevor sighed, took a few steps forward and picked the woman up, moving her over about a foot, before gently setting her down. "I'm late, thanks to you. Have a good day." And he was off. Trevor pushed his was through the small crowd as gently as he could, not wanting to accidently hurt someone, sighing as he broke free. He wasn't able to take a moment and make sure nothing of his was lifted, as he could hear the woman screaming, comming after him with that broom again. Someone stopped her as he kept walking, either trying to calm her down with false hope, or rationalize with her once they could see where he was going.

Stepping inside Nightingale Headquarters, he gave a small goodmorming wave to the receptionist, before making his way to the confermce room. "I apologize for my tardiness," He said upon entering, "I had a bit of trouble in town." He wouldn't go into details as he walked in, nodding politely to Sera, and Ari's familiars, "Goodmorning Ladies." He then took a moment to check if his dagger was still there, before looking to Ari, "So, my trainee?"

Elaine Trevelyon
Interaction: FireMaiden FireMaiden Lulidew Lulidew

Elaine waiting patiently for the girl to shake her hand and offered a bright smile when she did before dropping her hand back to the chair and making herself comfortable again with a warm smile much like a cat. The girl introduced herself as Slyvia Hartford, Slyvia asked if Elaine was excited which caused her to jump back up and lean on the arm of the chair facing Slyvia she was about to reply when Slyvia invited someone from the corner of the room to join in the conversation Elaine was so focused she didn't even notice the person enter the room.
"How could I not be excited!" Elaine replied very happily this was the start of the rest of their lives so Elaine was just giddy to start the training Slyvia then asked if they were ready for the Nightengale training saying it was probably even worse than the stories before running her hand through her ponytail saying it shouldn't be all that bad. Elaine looked at Slyvia's ponytail kind of jealous she never had one before.
"Can you do that to my hair Slyvia?" Elaine questioned while combing her fingers through her hair wondering how she would look in a ponytail as well as if her hair could even be like that, in any case, she waited for a response hoping that her hair would be long enough for a ponytail.

Ari Waesmor--Overseer
Conference Room
"22 and 25 minutes for Aron and Trevor respectively," Ari said exasperated. Between the trachers being late and the students being extremely early, Ari wondered who was training who. Whatever. They'd just have to read up on their files because Ari wasn't going back

"Trevor, you'll be taking Matthew Jones the Brawler. Sera, you'll be taking Elaine the Medic. Aron you'll be taking on 2 students: Sylvia Hartford and Bennett Elan. Bennett is a Male, 16. Both want to be Rogues." Ari took a look at the last student file. When he saw the name, he had to turn it around and upside down. Was this a real name? It definitely wasn't English..... Or not English in origin at least. "Last is this 16 year old girl with an M name that I don't even think is originally English. I'm just dubbing her as Maria because that's the only word I can make out of this mess that's a name. This girl is going to Hector as she is a mage to be, with aspirations to be a Battle Mage. Just like my son."

Seraphina O'Vera
Conference Room

Sera was happy that Elaine seemed to want to be a medic only, looking over the girl's files. There was nothing wrong with violence. Hell, she knew how to break a face or claw them up herself. However, one couldn't heal if they were fighting between wanting to heal and wanting to fight. She wasn't judgemental, it just wasn't her thing.

The overseer stood up. "They're here hella early, so let's go meet them and you can hear it from their own mouths. Come, Misty. Lexi."

Divon Divon FireMaiden FireMaiden VioletShadow VioletShadow

Interaction: Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy Lulidew Lulidew

"Well, you have a point. I'm pretty excited too," Sylavia chuckled, "We're gonna get our asses kicked though, most of us at leasr," she said glancing around. It was still only the three of them, her and Elaine and that boy. For now at least, Sylvia was sure there were many who hasn't arrived yet. Anyway, her attention turned back to Elaine who aired if Sylvia could do her hair. Looking at the length, she shook her head a bit. "I can't do a ponytail with how short you hair is. But I could do a little half up half down thing. Like, with some of your hair up in a bun or ponytail with the rest of it down, I have some extra hair stuff." She had never actually done someone's hair before, just her own. And, well, it's never really been pretty, but hey, she didn't exactly have a reason to say no. "Sit in front of me, it'll be easier for me to reach." She said this, while pulling out a piece of leather she used for a hair tie, and some bobby pins from seeming out of nowhere, but in reality, it was just a secret pocket.

Interaction: Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Divon Divon VioletShadow VioletShadow

"Like I said, I had some trouble in town. I would have been on time if not," Trevor said, through he didn't push the subject further. She has been know to be...difficult. Anyway, he nodded as he was told who his charge would be, Matthew Jones. Trevor picked up his file, flipping through it breifly, taking note of what was said about his history. Kid wanted to be a hero, father was a blacksmith, stuff he had heard a million times. But it didn't mean he wasn't gonna do great things. Well if he could get to that level at least. He was young too, only 17, so he would possible be able to keep up with some of the training Trevor used. Closing the file, he looked up when The Overseer said something about going to greet some of the early trainees. Trevor nodded, reaching up to scratch his beard. "You lead the way."

Aron Veyra
At the overseers words, Aron simply nodded and took his students files from his hands. As the only trainer with two students, he was a little perplexed why there would be more rogue trainees of all things, rather than fighters or mages. But was pleased at the news nonetheless. As he began leaving the conference room, and head towards the reception area, he made mental notes of the key characteristics of his new students. Sylvia appeared to be a wild child, as she mainly grew up by herself, and may require some adjusting to civilisation. Although her survival skills will come in handy. Benett seemed to have grown up with pirates, which will be interesting, but also might make him more outlandish than others. Nothing he wouldn't be able to deal with though.

Upon reaching the reception, he was surprised to see a girl, presumably Sylvia by her picture, preparing to tidy another girls hair, or something along those lines. He would be a little concerned why their future trainees were playing dress up, but remembered that they were incredibly early. So he didn't mind it. "Good morning, Sylvia I assume?" He questioned calmly, as he approached the woman in question. He noticed that his other trainee wasn't present at the moment, but that was fine considering how early it was.
FireMaiden FireMaiden Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

Matthew Jones
Interactions: FireMaiden FireMaiden Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy

Seeing a girl waving over at him, Matthew reluctantly walked over. He couldn't tell their height due to them sitting down, but the girl next to her seemed taller and more muscular. Maybe even more muscular than he was, which he found interesting. She could be a fellow brawler too. Smiling, he tried opening his mouh to say Hi, but was unintentionally cut off by the first girl's question. He tried thinking of something to say, but had no ideas so he left the talking to the other girl. "I knew it! Making friends is literally my worst skill ever!" He thought in his head. Just when he was about to squat down into a ball and start weeping, he heard of something he could relate to.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for to get my ass kicked!" In an instant, Matthew's eyes lit up with excitement and his fists clenched up. He then realised how dumb he sounded and wondered if suicide was the only option left. "I mean, it's not like I have a weird fetish or anything. It's just that fighting is a hobby to me." He then glanced over to the taller girl. "What about you, do you enjoy fighting as much as I do?" As he spoke, he stared deep into her eyes, his words suddenly full of confidence.

hector knox icon.jpg
Interacting:
N/A
Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff
[Div class="Line"][/div] Location: Reception
Action: Looking for Maria/M
HP of Summons:
2/2

[Div class="Line"][/div]

It was either the adrenaline that pumped throughout his system that made him believe things had just fast-forwarded, or it was an omniscient snap of a finger from the Gods, that the briefing met a quick end.
Hector sat almost in a daze, from the bombardment of information from the Overseer. However, not wanting to lag behind, the Conjurer fumbled with the folder that contained the trainee he was appointed to supervise and he half-ran, half-walked to follow -- leaving his chair untucked. As the last to exit he took a moment to clean up the mess which was Ronin's feathers with a simple wave of his hand.

He watched the rest of the staff go ahead and do their duties with a somewhat disappointed pout. He would've offered them a good morning atleast but they already seemed so preoccupied; particularly Aron, with two trainees in his hands.
He hadn't noticed when Ronin appeared by his shoulder as he stopped to the side to actually read the information about his apprentice. "M...mmm-- The hell? Oh no."
The raven gave him a side-eye before repositioning itself on his already dishelleved dark chestnut hair. He rubbed his chin and squinted harder at the name of the girl, wondering how someone's name can be almost as difficult to say than a ritual chant. "Fantastic first impression, can't even say her proper name right."
'I'll just follow Ari's advice, what do you think Ronin? Maria? She can't be too offended right? It's on the file...'

With a resigned sigh he forced himself to move on and absorb the most basic information about his apprentice. He raised a brow at her skeleton-thin background information and he found himself intrigued, along with the iconic pink eyes of the girl and the matching gem that was on her person. 'Want-to-be mages are usually interesting, aren't they, Ronin? Maybe I was like that before. I mean, before you.'

A resounding caw was the response to their telepathic conversation and he took it as his cue to get started on looking for Maria. After a few steps forward, Ronin flew from his head and back in the direction they came from, wings trailing feathers in its wake. Hector blinked and then followed his familiar, in realisation that he was walking AWAY from the reception. Once he found himself there, he noticed Aron already speaking with a few youngsters. Hector choked back a laugh when he saw one of the females tying another's hair; a friendly gesture yet still an amusing sight to see in such an uptight setting that is the Nightingale HQ. A younger male was with them as well, and the Conjurer could almost smell the stench of physical activity that wafted from the enthused boy.

From the corner of his eye he glimpsed his raven familiar taking roost on the receptionist's desk. Yet Hector could see no sign of his apprentice...
He bit his lip and continued to wait -- eyes darting between the entrance of the HQ and the Reception's desk.
Coded by Agwordsmith
[/div]

Last edited:
Elaine Trevelyon
Interaction: FireMaiden FireMaiden VioletShadow VioletShadow Lulidew Lulidew

Elaine had a light frown show up on her face when Sylvia said she couldn't put her hair in a ponytail cause it was too short Elaine was about to throw the whole idea out the window when Sylvia offered to do her hair in a different style and told Elaine to sit down in front of her. Elaine almost jumped out of the chair with excitement sitting down in front of Sylvia leaning her back against Sylvia's legs while waiting for her to do Elaine's hair. As Sylvia was messing with Elaine's hair the boy in the room spoke up saying some weird things about fighting and he asked if Elaine liked to fight as much as he did.
"Nope, I like helping people though," Elaine said with a soft smile at the boy while motioning for him to take the seat that she had been sitting in up until Elaine moved then she slightly turned back to Sylvia.
"So what did you have in mind exactly for my hair?" She questioned excitedly wondering how she would look with her hair done up all fancy, her father never really did her hair up special and mostly used it to throw her around which was why Elaine kept her hair so short. As Elaine was waiting for a response someone showed up in front of her talking to Sylvia, Elaine hoped that she didn't have to go and that Sylvia could finish up with her hair.

Seraphina O'Vera
Reception

When the teachers went into the Reception to meet the student, Sera immediately looked for her protege Elaine. She had high hopes for the girl since Elaine was going on the pure medic path. Since she didn't want to use violence nor shift her focus, it meant she could devote herself fully to her medical studies and there was a lot to learn. Normal doctors had to do general wounds while Nightingales had to do battle wounds. Gaping holes, blown off limbs, magic injuries, injuries backed up by curses to hinder healing. That was all in a day's work for a doctor. Priests and Clerics were fine when dealing with things like cuts, broken limbs and other battlefield injuries. However, a Magic DOCTOR, one whose sole purpose is to heal, could heal pretty much any wound, reattach limbs, and sow gaping holes if they're given the time. Medical Equipment was often overlooked in favor of a bit of magic. That would be fine if Mana were infinite. It wasn't, yet those enchanted bandages would always be there.

Sera felt a little guilty jumping to conclusion in how it'd be dealing with the new trainees and wanted to apologize in person, but she knew that telling Elaine what she initially thought she'd be like would probably offend her, so she'd just keep that to herself.
She saw Elaine and approached. She wouldn't have her get up and stop having her hair getting done though. "You must be Elaine Trevelyon. I'm Seraphina Kessiah O'Vera. The Overseer assigned me as your Mentor as you go down the path of the Medical Arts. You can call me Sera." Sera wasn't the one for formalities really.

Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy

Interaction: Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy Lulidew Lulidew VioletShadow VioletShadow

Again, a little surprised by the girls excitement, Sylvia didn't really know how to react, but shoot it off as she got to work on the girls hair. She would run her hands through the girls locks a few times, and while doing so, she answered the boy. "That's what your excited about? The getting your ass kicked part?" Shhe chuckled, "I'm more excited for the adventure part of this whole ordeal." Sylvia then brought her focused back to Elaine's hair, pulling it all back so she could separate it. Half of Elaine's hair was pulled up and pinned in place while Sylvia made sure her hair was separated enough for it to be comfortable without stray hairs everywhere, "It's half of your hair is gonna be up in a little bun, and half of it will be down. It keeps it out of your face while your doing thing, and won't look as weird a tiny ponytail. No offense." She would then tie the ponytail, and look up before she made the bun when someone addressed her.

"That's me," She said with a smile, "So, uh, goodmorning!" Sylvia's attention turned back to Elaine's hair. All she did to finish her hair, she curled the pony tail into a bun, and used the two bobby pins she had to pin it in place. "Tada! Your hair is complete." Now, she looked back up to the man standing infront of them. Well, men two now but her attention was on the man who had approached first. "So, are you a Nightingale?" Her eyes briefly went to Kobold who then joined. Sylvia shifted slightly in her seat, flexing her hands for a moment as she kept the smile omnher face, though she was suddenly feeling rather closed in.

Interaction:
Mentioned: Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Divon Divon VioletShadow VioletShadow Lulidew Lulidew

Trevor left the conference room shortly after the others did, following them back out to reception. Sera and Aaron immdeiatly went and began talking to their students, but if he joined them, it would only grow increasingly crowded. And one of the girls looked a little uncomfortable. He instead, opted to live so that his trainee should be able to see, the only boy trainee so far, and beckoned him over. After, he stood with his arms crossed lightly, observing the other two trainees and teachers.

Elaine Trevelyon
Interaction: FireMaiden FireMaiden Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Mentioned: VioletShadow VioletShadow

Elaine closed her eyes a bit leaning her head back as Sylvia ran her fingers through Elaine's hair, Elaine heard Sylvia response back to the boy in front of them while she was pulling her hair back. While Sylvia described what she was going to do to Elaine's hair Elaine tried to picture what she would look like and what her hair would look like but she was so filled with excitement over someone doing her hair for her that she could not focus. Sylvia said that Elaine's hair was done which caused her to lightly feel what had been done to it in order to try and map out an idea of what her hair would look like as she was distracted with her hair Elaine noticed a familiar feeling at least it felt familiar the feeling was a very claustrophobic feeling. Elaine used to feel that way all the time when her father beat her but strangely the feeling was not coming from Elaine it was coming from behind her where Sylvia was sitting this caused Elaine to tilt her head back almost resting her head in Sylvia's lap she looked up at the girl and saw her smile. Elaine not wanting to make Sylvia feel uncomfortable lightly put her hand on Sylvia's leg trying to comfort her while at the same time moving around to get up she offered Sylvia a sorrowful smile trying to show that she understood what Sylvia was feeling while hiding the action from the rest of the room. Then Elaine quickly popped up as if grabbing the attention of the room she put one hand on her hip and offered the other out in greeting turning to the woman that introduced herself as Seraphina, Elaine's new mentor when it came to all things medicinal.
"Nice to meet ya Sera, Ill be in your care for my training!" Elaine spoke loudly with a cheery tone in her voice not wanting to seem like a downer she waited patiently for a handshake.

Matthew Jones
Interaction: FireMaiden FireMaiden

"Oh..." Hearing the taller girl's response to his question, Matthew could only muster an awkward reply. Luckily, she quickly turned her attention away from him to the other girl, saving him from the awkwardness a bit. The shorter girl's response about experiencing a fun adventure got him thinking as well. He imagined going out on an adventure, travelling to different cities and towns, doing all sorts of tasks or missions. Yeah, the idea seemed kind of fun, and he could learn to enjoy it too, maybe. After all, if he only focused on fighting alone, he could end up missing out on other things like adventure.

As he continued imagining himself going on an adventure, he noticed a few teachers coming into the room. One of them beckoned Matthew over. He seemed like the tallest and most muscular out of all of them, most likely his mentor. Part of Matthew felt intimidated by his fierce and strict presence, but another part of him felt like it was what he had been waiting for. He briskwalked over to where his mentor stood, before opening his mouth to greet him. "Good morning, sir. Im guessing that you will be my mentor starting today?" While he said this, he looked at the man with big, eager eyes.

Ari Waesmor- Overseer
Reception

Oh Geez. Everyone's congregating and talking over each other, Ari thought with a shake of his head. He stood by the reception desk, looking at everything that was transpiring, gauging everyone's actions and reactions. Maybe he should move this outside. That would make more sense. Then he caught a look at Sylvia looking uncomfortable. It wasn't overt, but from the way her eyes were darting around along with the obvious fake smile, she didn't like where she was.

Claustrophobia, Lexi said in his mind, making the man smile. Lexi was coiled around his legs, watching the proceedings going on in the Reception Room. These weren't actual words said aloud. It was telepathy from familiar to master. If anyone knew claustrophobia, it was Lexi, the giant ass serpent that literally crushed her prey. She knew the indicators.
Agreed. A pretty weird fear for someone who's trying to be a rogue.
Maybe she'll be quick enough to do hit and runs and won't have to hide?
Yeah Right, Lexi. I'm an expert at that shit and I still have to hide.
Will you force her into an enclosed area in one of your tests?
Maybe I'll have Willow toy with her a little. It's an ongoing debate
How cold.
Yeah, well if she's too busy cowering in fear of a closet to hide in it, she'll die. An incredibly caricaturistic view of how claustrophobia worked, but Ari worked in extremes.

What about that one. The one who just got her hair done. Misty was sitting on the desk beside him, tail curled around her legs. Like Lexi, Misty didn't say these words aloud.
Ari shrugged. Elaine..... Innocent? Naive?
Is she a team player?
Ari scoffed. She has no choice but to be. She's not looking to do any actual combat.
Aren't you being a bit harsh?
I oversee this, Misty. I'm pretty much a Drill Sergeant here. If I look for weaknesses, I find ways to mitigate it or work around it.
Still. I see some promise
I never said she was hopeless. I DID choose her, didn't I? Sera seems happy enough to work with her.

Seraphina Kessiah O'Vera
Reception

Sera took the hand and pulled her out and away from the other people before actually shaking the hand. She wanted Elaine to hear her well. "I'm happy to be working with you, Elaine. When the Overseer chose me, I wasn't so sure I'd do well........but looking over your files, you look like you have a lot of promise and would be pleasant enough to work with. Allow me to give you a formal introduction of myself."
She stepped back a little. She started by repeating her name. "Seraphina Kessiah O'Vera. I am one of the Nightingale Doctors, an Expert Combat Medic and Scout for any expeditions we run. Female obviously. I've been a Nightingale for almost 20 years, doing medic work for all that time and crosstrained in Scout work for the past 13 years."

She decided to paint a bigger picture of herself. "I'm not a frontlines person. I can fight, but it's mostly for self defense. I prefer healing and laying out the land for the team. I'm trained only in martial arts and what nature gives me." She flexed her claws, showed her tail raising spikes and blew a burst of flame in the air. Naturally she had a bit more going for her than the average human that allowed her to not have to wield a weapon. "Patience, Thoughtfulness, Selflessness. Those are what it takes to be a Nightingale Doctor.........and the Overseer thinks you have just that. I believe you do as well."
Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back