Anime & Manga To all Vocaloid fans, what was the first song/producer that got you hooked?

Kitsuno_

𝚈𝚘𝚞 πš”πš—πš˜πš  πš πš‘πšŽπš›πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πšπš’πš—πš πš–πšŽ..!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
For me, it's definitely Senbonsakura, Or LOL (Lots of Laughs) That got me. I used to spend hours on my 2DS playing the Project Mirai DX demo, and only those two being the available songs... I so badly wanted the full game, and I did end up getting it about 3 years ago, and finally playing it, and played it for about a week straight.

I can't remember what the first Vocaloid song I ever heard was, but I'm pretty sure it was "Kokoro" by Toraboruta-P and "Kokoro・Kiseki" by Jun-P that got me absolutely hooked on it! Either that or "Just Be Friends" by Dixie Flatline.

Back then I didn't pay as much attention to the producers as to the particular Vocaloids used, but I do remember being a big fan of DECO*27's, both his Vocaloid work and his non-Vocaloid songs -- particularly, at the time, "Two Breaths Walking," "Coward Montblanc," and "Mozaik Role" as well as "Love Distance Long Affair," "Egomama," and "Lost Love Elegy."

Very first vocaloid song I heard was Take It Easy!!!

Sent to me by a friend while roleplaying on iscribble (if anyone remember thats jfc) Directly followed by Innocence
And then I was sent down the rabbit hole of discovering who this super ~cool~ blue haired gal was.

Last edited:
14 year old me was watching SharaX's Undertale songs back in like 2016 and then because of that discovered Tokyo Teddy Bear (which scared the bananas out of me) and Rolling Girl (Nano superiority πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘) which is still one of my favorites. My other favorite is JubyPhonic's version of Lost One's Weeping 😭

I never paid much attention to producers back then (I was about 10-12 years old when I discovered Vocaloid.) I remember listening to songs like Fear Garden, Mr. Music, Yowamushi Mont Blanc, and Just Be Friends on repeat.

But one of the songs I really miss from back then was Meltdown.

Grew up with a friend who was really obsessed with the Kagamine twins so I got dragged into a lot of conversations about the whole Servant of Evil series :,P

My most favorite song is the ballad version of Regret Message (because of that pretty piano solo after the first verse which I have not mastered yet on my piano 😭)

Other songs: Senbonzakura, Gomen Ne, Kokoro, Song of the Eared Robot, Please Don’t Have Laid Down Your Life, hmmnn what else

edit: OH ALSO A DOLL’S VOICE BY GAKUPO,

MONOCHROME DREAM EATING BAKU, CHILDISH WAR, AND SEASONAL FEATHERS

sHoot this is making me want a Seasonal Feathers roleplay

Last edited:
For me the first vocaloid song that really got me into the stories was β€œA Tale of Six Trillion Years and a Night”. It was definitely an English cover I ran across but it wound up giving me a lot of inspiration leading to the first time I decided to GM since it gave me a strong idea for an rp.

it was the honeyworks series that made me hooked, but i believe the first song i've heard is world is mine

it was the honeyworks series that made me hooked, but i believe the first song i've heard is world is mine
world is mine will always be a classic for real, man..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back