• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy тнє ιиѕтιтυтє σf σℓумρυѕ

"I apologies, we are a bit late." A gruff voice calls out from the enormous marble doors.
It is pushed open with strength that felt held back, the student's eyes trail to the doors where a strange tapping sound was coming from. When it was fully opened, the sight before them was a nightmarish horror lay to face them, there stood an elderly human man with a prominent wooden stick, but he was not the concern of the mess hall.

It was the massive... spider... lady. Her shadow engulfed the room, she had to be at least ten feet tall but that was nothing when compared to her large spider body, the clicking was her eight legs skittering across the floor as she slowly entered the room. Her upper half was a gorgeous woman if you could ignore the multitude of blinking eyes that adorn her soft face or the fangs that were so long it protrude from the corners of her rose mouth.
She had to be related to Typhon, it was the only explanation for her monstrous yet somehow humanoid appearance.
But the air tightens when there was a second skittering and beside her came a much smaller spider creature, one that was shorter than most humans, but it kept all her arachnid features.

It looked around in awe, taking in the delicate features of the wide room, the human clears his throat.
"I do hope we are not interrupting. But for you see, my grandson has no place for studies. But since Mount Olympus has been more accepting as of late, we do hope are enrollment has not been diminished."

"He has wings, Mom!" The creature points at Hermes, its toothy grin wide and it's larger, more centered eyes masked in vibrant crimson goggles.
The women giggles, a sound much too harmonious for her appearance as she places a hand on his shoulder, her spider legs bending at the presumed knees to reach him.
"Indeed, he does."
The older man smiles, his wary eyes gleaming at the sight and gently pushes the creature's human arm down. "No pointing."
"My bad." But it's smile doesn't fade as it's arm rest at its side.

She faces the crowd and folds her hands as she avoids looking at the gods and gestures to the other. "This is one of my spiderlings, Μύγα. Say 'hello'."

"Greetings, potential classmates! I hope to have lots of exciting adventures with you!" He lifts the goggles over his bangs, his eyes a deep black unlike his mother's natural ones.

Last edited:
The pair (and Artemis) turned around to take in the sight. Artemis was clearly intrigued, for reasons unknown, but Hermes recoiled his wings slightly, even though he was the normal one compared to the...people...that had just entered the room.

"Hi!" Hestia waved back. She wasn't as intimidated as she might have been, perhaps because of their friendly mannerisms.

Eos looked at whatever was stealing the attention from her, and she gawked at the spider-people. They didn't seem dangerous, but god, were they odd-looking.
Astraeus muttered, "What are THOSE? I've never seen creatures like that before..."

Arachne gives the spiderling a pat on its back, its energy only nearly contained by it bouncing one of his spider legs. "Go on, go make some friends."
He nods, skittering towards the crowd, a sea of people parting as it makes a b-line towards the waving women and the man with wings. Then it turns around and gives an energetic wave.

"Bye mom!"
Arachne waves back, exiting the marble room with the elderly man, her long legs echoing distinct clicking sounds from each step.
He clears his throat. "Skoros (Moth) ate one of the local squirrels again, I do hope they are still quite populated." The man strokes his beard as she slowly closes the door.
"And why would she ever do that???" She tilts her head, her platinum long hair falling of her shoulder. Click.

The moment the two were gone all of Μύγα's kept of energy burst like fireworks, he swiftly turns to the group, bouncing on his legs.
"Hi! My names Μύγα, I don't really know what I am but one of my sister's said we were cursed creatures of Athena!"
He offers out its hand, its fingertips sharp but its toothy smile much more softer around the edges.

Hestia shook Μύγα's hand without much hesitation, more hostility being displayed by Hermes. He instead looked over at Athena, who looked a bit awkward. "I'm Hestia!" Hestia replied warmly.

"Arachne is a cautionary tale, used by Athena, to teach mortals not to test the patience and might of the gods." Artemis replied to Astraeus' inquiry.

"Hestia..."
The spiderling pauses for a moment, his clawed fingers scratching its throat.
"You're the fire God- Goddess!" It points at her before quickly scrabbling his arm to rest at his side.
"No pointing..." It mumbles to itself, glancing off to the side as one of its spider legs taps towards the side.

Hestia laughed, crackling once more. "I guess you could say that. This is Hermes," she pointed to the winged boy behind him, "And we also have a friend named Artemis, but I don't know exactly where she shuffled off to..."

"You have wings!" He approached the man, soft clicking in his wake.
It offers out stretches its hand towards him, its smile never faltering. "Son of... Zeus, I assume."
It was not every day a human could talk with gods and their spiderlings- children? What are God kids called?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back