• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Titanfall: Final Push of the Frontier (Characters/Sign-up)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Welcome to the Militia, @Shindoku

I'll open up the main thread today. I won't close signups off quite yet, in cases few others wanna join. I'm holding onto some hope that we get a few late comers who play as pilots who weren't frozen. Might be pretty cool.

I'm debating if I wanna do this fun briefing idea via your PMs, or if I wanna have it serve as the first IC post. Other than that, I'll have some important characters posted in the Lore so hopefully, nobody's completely lost off they enter the picture.

My login problems seem to be solved, I'll start working on the character sheet tonight!

Obsidian Dragon Obsidian Dragon Welcome to the Militia. I will say, you got me interested in the Simalacrum role you've chosen for yourself, you have a fitting backstory which is a perfect fit for an age in which the Militia is starting to lose the war.

My only concern that I won't kill off is the loner personality, but as long as it's not a persona where your character will always fight to be alone, or whatnot, I'm willing to see how you play the character out (I just have a bad experience with some loner characters, which kinda makes me a bit cautious heh)

I'm hoping to get your group involved with the roleplay soon, we just gotta play through group 1's intro, and get group 2's intro started 🙂

Hey no worries!
I plan on playing him more like a Crotchety old man than some brooding anti hero.
Give it time and He'll probably warm up to the others in his squad.

PILOT Name: Taron Weaver
Callsign: Crimson

Physical Description: Height: 5'7, Weight: 112 pounds, Skin color: white, eye color: deep green, hair color: long brown hair, other features: Slim build, his physical stature defies his strength, He's a lot stronger than he looks, burn scarring on the left side of his neck.

Backstory: Taron was brought up on a small, Militia run and occupied Research and development facility on an Arctic and very remote planet called Skorbad, he had been around technology and titans for the entirety of his upbringing, eventually learning to pilot one, an old Ogre class chassis, to help move heavy pieces of machinery and hab piping as the facility expanded, he modified the titan he used, mounting a flamethrower within the casing of the titans left hand to melt away the snow and ice that stood in the way of any hab expantions he placed.

The nature of the research conducted on Skorbad was development of weaponry and titan bionics, improvement of a Titans manuverability and effectiveness on the battlefield. Everyday from the age he could read and write was hard work, but it paid off and eventually Taron worked his way into development and made several worthwhile contributions.

It wasn't long after this that word of Skorbad and the research that went on there reached the ears of the IMC hierarchy and several battalions of soldiers and a compliment of titans were dispatched there, the Militia did attempt to warn the inhabitants of Skorbad of the impending threat, but it was all too late, the IMC swept the planet, stole any and all research they could find and set about laying waste to the facility, in the midst of all the fighting, Taron really came into his own, he and his titan racking up several kills, that was until he came up against a hostile titan, without a weapon or experience in combat, he and his Titan were on the back foot, so he sprinted as swiftly as the large chassis would allow, headlong at the other titan, taking several rounds from a 40mm cannon, the old but sturdy chassis barely enduring the hits and only slowing when a round impacted, he reached his target and laid into it with sheer, unbridled brutality, his titan was heavily damaged in the fight, but his endurance teamed with Taron's ferocity was what tipped the balance, the IMC titan eventually fell, its pilot had been torn from the cockpit and incinerated in Taron's titans grasp.

Weeks went by before the Militia rescue finally arrived, they were greeted by Taron, the cockpit hatch of his Titan had been torn off, the right arm missing and he sat, wrapped in what remained of his overalls, patched and sewn up, several pelts were draped over his shoulders as a means to keep warm in the Arctic climate.

He guided the rescue team to a cave, where a handful of survivors from the IMC assault were hiding out and after they were all safely off planet and with the rest of the Militia fleet, Taron was offered weapons training and titan pilot certification, which he briskly accepted, he spent months in the program, and even now between deployments, he can be nearly always found in the firing range or in the Sim pod, perfecting his skills or in the armoury and titan bay, tweaking and optimising his gear and his Titan chassis, in the hopes that the events on Skorbad could never be repeated.

Personality: Taron is a very laid back kind of character, accustomed to working alone, he isnt exactly a team player, he uses humour as a means of masking his inner turmoil, he's an expert in close combat and a real asset on the battlefield, his only issue is that he dislikes authority, as a result of this he frequently disobeys orders and has a very brash and bull-headed approach to battle, he often charges into the thick of the action, throwing caution to the wind when he sees red and his instinct kicks in, this behaviour earned him the nickname "Crimson" as he tends to lay into his opponents with reckless abandon, Taron is also a scavenger and survivalist, finding value in things that many would consider as junk, unbeknown to most he kept the Chassis of his old titan, ruined though it may be, stashed away in one of the many caches he has placed around the frontier, just in case the Militia lose the war and he has to go on the run, as a result of this he often lays claim to things he finds, be that weapons, titan equipment and the like, he particularly covets titan cores and power sources such as titan batteries and amp mods above all.

Apparel: He wears standard pilot gear, with the addition of a pelt draped around his shoulders, a red scarf around his neck, and his gear painted in the "bullseye" camo pattern

Pilot Abilities: Pulse blades and a Grappling hook

Weapon: Favours SMGs, normally the R-97 choosing more often than not to run and gun, using the grappling hook as a means to slingshot himself into enemy positions, he carries a Hammond P2016, just in case his clip runs dry in a fight and he needs a quickdraw contingency. Sometimes uses the G2A5 semi auto assault rifle

Anti Titan Weapon: Taron carries a Charge Rifle, he has a good eye when it comes to hitting vulnerable points on titans, it can also be effective at taking out human sized targets at long range.

TITAN Titan Name: KL-7760 (Spicey Boi)

Titan Variant: Scorch class (Prime)

IMG_1456e427-4ef6-45ff-8bcf-5435dcde60c8.png

Description: Although reincarnated as a Scorch prime titan, the core is the exact same as that of the old Ogre class titan Taron piloted on Skorbad, Taron has modified this chassis with tempered armour plating and tweaked the velocity if it's Thermite Launcher, meaning it ejects from the muzzle faster, making for a straighter shot, its a relativly new titan chassis but it's paintwork is covered in chips and scratches, a result of Taron's brutish and reckless style of fighting, Taron named it "Spicey Boi" due to its fire based arsenal and camo pattern which is the same as his pilots gear, it bears the nose art "Pheonix Risen" symbolic of his and Tarons rise from the flames on Skorbad to become the effective fighting duo that they are.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Militia Crimson Blade Crimson Blade , I hope it won’t be too long before I get your group involved with the story.

I am planning out how to get you guys involved, and since the first group is getting a bit of an intro, I believe it’s only fair you guys get a bit of an intro as well.

Are you stilll interested Mkirshnikov Mkirshnikov

Sorry mate, I don't think I'll be able to put in my sheet any time soon. If the RP is still open when I can, I'll definitely put in my sheet :)

Let’s just say that the last reserved spot is for you, and we haven’t quite gotten to your group in the story yet. So the offer is certainly there.

Welcome to the Militia Crimson Blade Crimson Blade , I hope it won’t be too long before I get your group involved with the story.

I am planning out how to get you guys involved, and since the first group is getting a bit of an intro, I believe it’s only fair you guys get a bit of an intro as well.

Are you stilll interested Mkirshnikov Mkirshnikov
I can't wait to get cracking on this, had this character in my head for a long time, I just hope I can do him justice whatever is in store!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back