• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern TiMER: Who will be your soulmate?

''Uh, what if the person we meet, the exact date, the one that our TiMER goes off with, doesn't like me. Do i have to buy a new one or something? I understand love isn't bought, but what happens if that person and i are not compatible?'' I ask, in a confused tone, since i knew almost nothing of these ''wristbands'' This girl knew much about them, or at least she said, so it didn't hurt asking her, did it? I put my hands on the table, crossing them a bit, just waiting for an answer.

Aurielle smiled and nodded, understanding his confusion. "Actually, that's not how it works. You two ARE compatible together, that's the reason your TiMERs went off. Of course, if they're a total stranger, it will be very awkward at first. Trust me, you guys are made for each other." She said, looking down at her TiMER. She's researched a lot about TiMERs, she always likes to know what she's doing before she does it. This man definitely didn't believe in these TiMERs fully, which is understandable. You wouldn't believe until you actually find your soulmate. Aurielle is very confident that this device works, everyone says it does. Her parents don't believe in the TiMERs at all. They think it's a waste of time and unnecessary. Aurielle thinks it's very unnecessary for them to get it, as they are already married and she doesn't want to see her parents torn apart just because of some device. They already found their alleged soulmate, trying to find another soulmate would just ruin the whole family. She's glad they don't believe in it.

Aurielle noticed her siblings trying to peer at her TiMER, wondering if this man could be her match. She turned to them and shook her head, they would've heard the loud beeping when they made eye contact. Her siblings turned to have their own conversation and Aurielle turned her head to continue her conversation with this stranger. Her back was as straight as a rod, hands folded on the table. You could tell she was taught proper manners and that her family was very kind and reserved. She wanted to get out of the habit, to have fun like normal kids, but her politeness was a force of habit.​

I raised my eyebrows in amaze and confusion at her last words, ''You two ARE compatible together'' Maybe we will be, i really hope it's that way. I look at the girl and boy walk and see my TiMER. I giggle a bit, i knew what they checked, my TiMER, trying to see if i was her soulmate. But, they shook their head, so, i felt relief, not because i didn't like her looks, but all the stuff i would have to do. I look back at her, i felt bad asking so much questions, but this girl was nice enough to answer them, so i didn't feel really bad. ''Sorry for asking so much questions, but, how will i know when the person is actually my soulmate? Lets say, we have the same date, but a lot of people could have the same one, how can i know exactly?''

I rest a bit more backwards on my chair, hearing my name and the person coming to give me my drink. I remembered i asked for the same drink as her, so i blushed a little, trying to not feel uncomfortable, i take light sips off it, this one was a good one, sweet and cold. I look back and the girl and tilt my head a bit.

As the boy got up, he made his way to the counter to get his drink. Aurielle giggled a bit at the fact that he ordered the same drink as her. A smooth guy, huh? She looked up, meeting his blue eyes and smiled. It was nice to have another friend, as Aurielle doesn't have many. Sure, she's nice, but seniors don't want to hang out with 'nice'. They want to hang out with funny people that will break rules and throw eggs at cars. She was definitely opposite of that, she wasn't anything special. She was just nice. Aurielle's smile wavered a bit as she thought about not being special or popular, and she looked back down. Her siblings decided to join her again, they had left due to the boy coming over to them. Her and her siblings were kind of like a posse. Those gossip girls that would be at school with their lunch table, sharing the gossip with each other. Except, one of the girls were a boy, and they're all related.

"So, I see he's not your 'one'," Lorelei said, smirking. "But, you can always play around with him before your TiMER goes off. No harm in that." Aurielle's mouth dropped open as if this was a cartoon. "Lolly! You know that I'm not like that!" She laughed. College might have changed Lorelei from her proper growing up. Aurielle considered her as very lucky, as stated before, she didn't really like being all prim and proper, she was just raised that way. It became a creature of habit. She waited for the boy to come back to answer his question. Aurielle was almost done with her drink, wanting another cotton candy frappuccino. Starbucks was very expensive, so she'll just head home after the conversation with this male. Her siblings decided to stay sitting with her to listen to the rest of the conversation. They're acting like clingy best friends. Aurielle smirked, glancing at her brother and sister.​

I grab my frapuccino and take light sips of it, i notice she giggles and i blush a bit again. I tell the person who gave me it thank you and i walk, once again towards the table i was sitting in. She was talking with the kids about what i taught was me, perhaps about how our timers are different. I sat down and took a drink off my frapuccino again. It was delicious. I wait for the girl to answer my question. Looking at her with an eyebrow raised and a huge smile on my face.

The boy had come back, awaiting an answer. Aurielle pondered this, this was actually a kind of hard question. "I guess you'll have to wait until the day you'll meet them. The TiMER basically says when you're going to first meet them. At least, that's what happens most of the time. The TiMER counts down until you first meet your soulmate. Sure, you may be passing by them but you won't actually meet them. I'm sorry if all of this sounds confusing. My name is Aurielle by the way." She said, kind of worn out from all of the talking. She was kind of a talker, but not often. Aurielle doesn't really go out that often, her parents would rather have her and her siblings at home. Cedric stayed quiet, intently listening to all of what I said. He's still trying to make sense of this device as well. Aurielle darted her eyes toward Lorelei, and she was going to say something to him.

"It's her birthday today too! You better say happy birthday, mister." She said. She may be a college kid, but she still acts like a 5 year old.

I slowly think about and analyze everything she's telling me. But, what if i never actually see them? Ugh, way too much thinking in these situations. I hear her introduce herself. ''I'm Chase, nice to meet you Aurielle. Thanks for answering my questions by the way. These things are quite fascinating, who knew humans could make these tiny pieces of technology.'' I see the girl tell me that it's her birthday. I laugh a '' Oh, also. Happy birthday! Because it's your birthday, here, so you can buy another frapuccino'' I hand her enough money so she could buy one, i smile at her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rosaleen hopped onto her bike and rode around town for a while before heading to the first animal shelter, on the east side of town.

For a moment she glanced down at her wrist to see the Timer. 6 days. Rosa quickly looked away, telling herself it was both impossible, but real. She had mixed feelings about it, but didn't have anyone to explain them to.

She dismounted off her bike when she got to the shelter and went inside, smiling brightly at the people. They gave her a few keys and she went into the back where she filled up a bowl, opened a door, put them in, and locked the door again. then she moved to the next cage. There were a lot of cages here, and she only had two hours before she needed to be at the next shelter, and that was a 15 minute ride a way.

Heart had woken up late and was a bit upset with himself, he had swimming practice to go too. He got his swim trunks on and a black tight shirt, and then ran down stairs he knew his mom would not be home so he did not bother yelling at her for not waking him up. As soon as he got down stairs he decided he would skip breakfast and go straight to the pool. He ran out the door, and hopped on his moped. "Actually, i think im going to go to starbucks and buy myself a mocha cappuccino, wait should I?" He desperately thought on the way to the pool and then he just went ahead and bought one anyways. As soon as he got to the pool, that was it he jumped and did not think twice. He was in the pool for about three hours before he finally got out and realized what time it was. "Crap, i have to go and run track too. SO much to do so little time to do it in." Then he realized he most sound insane talking to himself like that. He went to the change rooms dried off fast and made his way back to his house on his moped. As soon as he was at his house, he thought about beast and Eve. "Damm it, i have to take the dogs for a walk as well!" he walked inside the house and put the dogs on there leash, then he remembered the TiMER he checked it. "Only, a few short days to go until i find her." he laughed and took the dogs for a short walk and decided it was best to head for bed. So thats was what he did.

Aurielle smiles at the gesture, but shakes her head. "That's extremely nice of you, but I'd have to refuse. I'm not feeling up for another cup of Starbucks, and I'd still feel bad to take this money from you." She said, still being her little proper self. She'd reel bad for taking the money, since everything is so expensive nowadays. Aurielle doesn't know his family life- if they needed money or if they didn't need money. While pondering this, her older sister informed her and her little brother that they had to leave. Aurielle apologetically smiled at Chase, and grabbed a napkin. Her sister always carried around a pen in her purse, so she had grabbed that too. Scribbling down her phone number, she stood up. "If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. Here's my number." She hurriedly said, passing the napkin to him. Aurielle had to get back to the party at her own house, she had stayed at Starbucks for too long. She walked over to the car with her siblings and got in, putting on her droopy sweater to conceal her TiMER. Soon enough, she got kind of hot in it, since it's summer. Her parents would freak out if they saw it, as she got it without her parent's permission.

Eli usually slept in till around 10 or 11 am on the weekends, but today he awoke earlier. Not because of an alarm, a sound, nothing. Just the peer fact that he had noticed a timer on his TiMER. He wasn't usually the romantic type, he was more independent. Until his TiMER. He never thought knowing that in about 4 days, he's going to meet his soul mate would excite him as much as it does. So for the past couple of days, he's been waking up earlier that usual out of peer excitement and happiness.

It's Saturday. Saturdays are his 'busy' days. Aka drug selling day. Of course the weekend is the busiest. And he pretty successful at what he does, meaning he's talked about around town. Every Saturday by the time he woke up he usually already had notifications on his phone from buyers. Today, he only had one but he figured it was only because he's up earlier than he usually is.

He hopped into the shower, dressed himself and walked to his car to meet up with one of his regulars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mira walked lightly to the school she attended, an annoying song stuck in her head. As always, there was a distant and faraway look on her visage. It was as if she didn't care about the world that was around her.

Stupid world, stupid parents, stupid --

The girl stopped and pinched herself mercilessly, stifling a yelp. She couldn't be thinking those thoughts. She had to be quiet, cold, resentful to others.

James set out after aweing the audience, he went back to his home. As he went back, he met a street musician who appeared to be singing in the street. James went towards him and asked him to do a collab, he replied in nodded. Soon they both started to sing bringing a lot of people watching them both. They both sang so harmoniously that they were only little flaw despite their fist meeting.

"Hey you deserve this" the street musician offer half of the earning that they got from earlier.

"Thank you but I do music only for fun" James continue his way back to his home.

Mira the classroom, backpack slung over her shoulders. She took a seat somewhere in the back, her eyes looking at the teacher who had failed to notice her presence. The girl slipped her notebook and textbook out of the packpack and flipped open the pages. It was always like this. Never listen to the teacher, do independent studying, and then ace the test that followed. Her legs tapped softly against the floor as she pored over the history lesson, takiing brief, yet detailed, notes about the subject. Really, she would rather be at home with a copy of Attack on Titan.

Aurielle and her siblings arrived back home, greeted by more family members and family friends. "Happy birthday!" came from many different directions, which commenced the hugging and kissing on the cheek of everyone in the house. After she was finished greeting, she decided to eat a little bit, forgetting to buy some snacks at the coffee shop. Her mom was popping out dishes of food very quickly and she didn't have to be out long before delicious food was back on the table. Munching and talking, she enjoyed her birthday on this beautiful Saturday. Suddenly, Aurielle needed to go to the bathroom, due to all of the foods and drinks that had settled in her stomach. Checking her TiMER while in the bathroom, she peered at the numbers. She wanted to meet him sooner than 4 days. She'll just have to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back