Science Time Space and Relativity

Moshanimitsu

Intrepid
Hello.

I am having a conversation with some friends about time bending phenomena and other such things as the Twin 'Paradox' and the debate whether or not returning to earth during a space voyage would cause you to rapidlt age/keep up with the time on earth, or if you leave, and come back time would, in fact, have passed differently.

The following is the end of the text chain with which her new found information is brought up, followed by my reply.
Ok so
The acceleration change turning around and going back to earth
Causes special relativity not to apply
So they catch up in age when they turn around

That doesn't make sense to me. You would still exist separately from our time-space, having felt no effects from it until you return. In order to age to catch up with us, you would have to still be effected by it the entire time, thereby nulifying everything calculated in our problem

Would anyone like to elaborate, expand, or otherwise discuss this?

Okay, so, galactic time is the only thing that matters here, and lets say it's focal point is the direct middle of reality, which cannot be found at the moment. The Sun does not matter here because the Sun is just an entity in space, it does not affect age, this isn't Star Trek.

If it did we would all die very young or very, very, old. This is also putting into perspective of what relative time is, if your clock is 'incorrect' based off of every clock in the world, then, surely, you have the wrong time, but time does not exist, it is not a real thing, so it is your opinion whether it is AM or PM, but most people would know, that since the sun is at it's Normal it is thus 12:00 AM.

Basically, time does not exist, thus your question is now a paradox.

But, what do i know, i'm high and the most i know about the universe has been learned in KSP.

Well really we age based more on our environment than anything else, not to mention medicine prolongs our life. Really time is only an organizational thing where we kinda keep track of events and other things. To age alongside everyone, I believe that the space ship should be suited to the gravity and other stuff earth has. Now on different planets that is another story because of different environments and gravity, really time is only a measurement though it is one thing all species require.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back