• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Through a glass, darkly

DawnAntalios

Wandering Soul
It has been several years since she finished the academy, yet Sheryl still remembered everything that have happened. She recalled good and bad memories alike, things which guided her through hard times - and things which made her life harder on occasions. But one thing she could never forget, one 'person' who she still held close to her heart and was dear for her.

Mist.

She still remembered how the mysterious child of Mother Nature found her, heartbroken and crying under a tree. From that moment forward Sheryl spent her time with the mysterious demigoddess called Mist. She still could barely believe her fortune: she had turned from the most miserable and lonely girl into someone who felt to have everything in her life. Still, she could never fully repay the kindness of the mysterious girl and knew only one thing: she loved her more than anything in her life.

Her skills in nethermancy improved vastly: opening portals was now but a child's play and she could bend time for a very short time around herself as well. Harnessing the strength of the cosmos Sheryl still oftentimes sought the solitude of the void, meditating and recollecting her thoughts in the empty nether. Now as she hunted demons with her beloved she knew what she was destined to do.

" I need to surprise Mist once she arrives. " she thought to herself as she tried to make something in the kitchen for breakfast. She wanted to give the best for her - since she deserved only the best.

e7cf7c306f169c2670d870437de4d8de.jpg

video%20games%20touhou%20gloves%20dress%20stockings%20moon%20purple%20long%20hair%20purple%20hair%20books%20magic%20thigh%20highs_www.wallmay.net_75.jpg

@Metaphysics

Several years had passed since the academy and a lot has happened over those years. When she first became corporeal Mist thought that she would always remain as she was. Cold. Distant. Heartless. Stoic. She was born from Nature and Time yet despite her power and legacy she couldn't feel. She could only act and imitate other beings. Then came her time at the academy and the one that she holds dear.

Sheryl.

She recalled her first meeting with her beloved with a smile on her lips. She remembered spotting her and commenting on the liquid that was falling from her eyes. She wasn't the smartest being when it came to issues of the heat back then but that changed the moment that she met her. Since then she never stopped being able to feel. Love, joy, laughter...it was the best feeling for her and it increased every moment that she was with Sheryl. She taught and helped her how to feel and she dedicated those feelings to her.

Her power over her domain increased greatly. She was now capable of complex constructs and forces that rival her mother's. Nature was proud of her as a daughter and never stopped listening to her and never relented on watching the two. She stepped through the doorway of the kitchen. "Good morning sweetheart!" She greeted her.

f7f0db75228ac5b1bb034a70a99a9937.jpg

dragons%20dress%20monsters%20long%20hair%20red%20eyes%20open%20mouth%20arrows%20white%20hair%20white%20dress%20anime%20girls%20sword_www.wallpapername.com_80.jpg

(Couldn't sleep, now I can, good night.)

Sheryl looked up and smiled at Mist as she entered the room. For a moment she could not speak as she looked at her beautiful form and her radiating smile. The breathtaking sight made her put down everything from her hands and just looked at the child of nature. She could not help it, no matter how many times did she see Mist she always captivated her.

" Good morning, Mist. " she greeted her with glee " You are as beautiful as ever. I wish I could look like that but mornings usually are nightmares for me. " she laughed, walking to the fridge.

Opening it she stared the contents for a bit then turned around.

" I wanted to create the perfect breakfast for you but frankly I am out of ideas. " she said, scratching her head in embarrassment. She could not even surprise the girl even if she tried. " Care to help me out? "

@Metaphysics

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hmm..." Mist thought as she adopted a thinking pose. "How about pancakes?" Mist asked with a cheery smile as she moved to place a pan onto the stove and reached for the oil. "So, do you have any plans for today?" She asked her beloved as a tendril of her namesake reached turned the stove on.

Sheryl smiled at Mist as she walked up to her, kissing her on the forehead before hugging her tightly.

" Actually yes. " she smiled as she looked at the nature deity " Today is a very special day, and I wanted to celebrate accordingly. "

With that she returned to create the pancakes what Mist ordered, her smile widening with every second. With cheer she could barely resist the urge to dance whilst she was making breakfast.

" Just wait, it will be amazing! "

"Hmm...ok I will!" Mist cheerfully replied. "So...do you want to go somewhere today for this celebration?" She asked Sheryl as she watched her cook. She paid attention to the way she moved as she cooked and enjoyed her beautiful visage. She idly played with her hands as she awaited the pancakes. "Tell me if you need any help!"

Soon enough Sheryl finished the making of the breakfast and put the pancakes on a plate. The piping hot delicacies were filled with different jams, chocolate but of course few were empty to be filled with whatever one wanted to fill them with. She put it on the table, before the girl and then she hurried to the drawers. She was so preoccupied with making breakfast that she had forgotten to put cutlery on the table so now she quickly remedied this error.

" Yes, I would like us to go to a very special place. " she smiled " You will know it when we arrive. But first, let's eat, I don't want you to starve now do I? "

She put everything on the table and sat down directly in front of her. She did not put a dish for herself since she was not that hungry, but she would have loved to see Mist eat her fill - her radiant smile worth more than all the riches of the world.

Mist pouted cutely before nodding and poured syrup on her pancakes before picking up a fork. She took a bite from the pancake and immediately her eyes it up and a smile graced her face. "Thank you Sheryl!" She said after she swallowed her bite before taking another. She saw that she wasn't eating and picked up a piece with another fork. "Say ahh~" She said as she slowly brought the for to Sheryl's mouth.

Sheryl started to protest first.

" Oh no, you really don't need to... I made this for you to make you smile... " but then she saw how she offered the pancake for her and she smiled. Playfully she closed her eyes and opened her mouth to eat the sweet pancake. It tasted good and she was delighted how Mist gave it to her like a kind, sweet mother. She loved her so much she could not even express it in this moment so she just sat there, watching her eating.

" Thank you Mist. " she whispered silently " I owe you everything. " she sat back and watched the girl eating, for when she finished her meal she would bring her to the location she planned to.

Mist smiled when Sheryl ate the pancake. "Your welcome Sheryl...ah hang on..." She said as she leaned across the table. "You have a bit of syrup on you lip..." She said as she moved in to kiss her and remove said syrup. She gracefully drew back and grinned. "There we go." She said before returning and finishing her pancakes. (Sorry, been busy)

Sheryl leaned forward just as Mist did with a grin on her face. She closed her eyes as the nature deity's lips and hers met in a divine union and kissed. A sudden rush of warmth filled her, feeling ecstatic and happy at the same time. It did not matter how many times did they kiss every time felt like a piece of heaven. This time this momentous occasion lasted but a few seconds yet it was enough to make her day already wonderful. As she chuckled she put the plates in the dishwasher.

" Whenever you are ready, my love, we will head out. " she announced, looking at Mist happily.

"Hmm...hang on." She said as her clothes turned into mist and reformed into her everyday clothing. "There we go. I'm ready." She said, anticipating the surprise of her beloved. "Let's get going then my love." She added with a smile and quite literally the sunlight seemed to become a bit brighter as she did so. (Sorry, enlistments are coming so I'm tying loose ends.)

Sheryl smiled at Mist and cheerfully she caught her hand. Some way, somehow every time they touched each other it reminded her the first time they have met... Those wonderful yet painful times reminded her how much she and the nature deity have changed over the years. Their fates intertwined, their lives and hearts joined as one... and she was happy, happier than ever before.

She took Mist outside and they walked in the sunlight. The birds were tweeting happily and Sheryl laughed. She could barely wait to show the surprise to Mist. It was then when she heard a familiar, cawing sound from above and she looked up.

" Veil! " she exclaimed as the bird landed on her shoulder, cuddling with her first then with Mist. The loyal companion Mist has created to Sheryl remained with them since then. Now, the three of us strode joyfully though the streets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back