Advice/Help Thoughts on a Anthro Animal RP

I really hate to say this, but unfortunately, I have. On this very site, no less.

I ended up on a chat once that was filled with nothing but pervy furries!!! It was scary!!!! Usually anthro's are so cute!!!! But that was horrible!!! I was scared for life!!!!!!!!!

I ended up on a chat once that was filled with nothing but pervy furries!!! It was scary!!!! Usually anthro's are so cute!!!! But that was horrible!!! I was scared for life!!!!!!!!!

Fortunately that's not what I was talking about. People can get their kicks off whatever they like, most of the time I don't really care. What I meant was that the guy was just an ass in general.

I will use pictures to further illustrate my point. Below we have an illustration of a stork and a pelican having tea. It is obvious that the stork and the pelican are still, identifiably, birds. They are what you would expect a bird to look like if it wore a suit. To me, this emphasizes the traits of the animals and adds a level of humorous absurdity that is entertaining and fun. 

View attachment 237032

This is an illustration of an Aesop fable. Notice that the ant and the grasshopper stand upright like humans and wear clothes. They are also humanoid, lacking their two extra legs. Yet, they are still identifiably an ant and a grasshopper. This makes the fact that they can play guitar, stoke a fire, live in a house, etc seem fantastical and enchanting. They have, undeniably, human traits but they are first and foremost an ant and a grasshopper. 

View attachment 237035

Finally, this illustration is what we usually think of when discussing this subject. Notice that even though they are canines, they have hair such as a humans. They have physiques indicative of human beings, and overall the differences between them and humans seem cosmetic. This is not necessarily bad, but is not the effect the other pictures are trying to communicate. 

View attachment 237037

Contrast the above image with this one, which depicts a hound as a soldier. Notice that although he does have a more humaniform body than the examples above, he undeniably has the facial features of a hound. Additionally, the symbolism in the illustration is clear. Hounds are loyal, like soldiers. 

View attachment 237038

You make very good points!!! I think you are cool!!!!! 

@LegoLad659

That's mean!!!!! That guy was mean!!!!!!!! I'm glad you are okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@LegoLad659

That's mean!!!!! That guy was mean!!!!!!!! I'm glad you are okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh, I haven't seen him around in a long time, so yeah XD I do get pissed off whenever he does show up though.

WHY HAVE MY REPLIES BEEN MERGED!!!!! WHAT IS THIS MAGIC!!!!!!!!

The forum does that automatically XD Double-posting is usually highly frowned-upon in forum settings, because you do have an edit button.

Eh, I haven't seen him around in a long time, so yeah XD I do get pissed off whenever he does show up though.

The forum does that automatically XD Double-posting is usually highly frowned-upon in forum settings, because you do have an edit button.

Oh!!!! Thank you!!!!!! I have learned something new!!!!!! I will try my best!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back