• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Thorns [Tokyo Ghoul RP]

S n o w

Dreamer
Roleplay Type(s)
"Rank 2 Junior Investigator Jou Ishikawa requesting multiple squads to the seventh ward immediately. The seventh ward branch was destroyed by an unknown group of ghouls using a remote-detonated explosive, and at least two-thirds of our active forces were wiped out by the blast. I and the remaining investigators are attempting to hold them off until a unit can be mobilized to exterminate-"

*choking sounds, followed by the phone hitting the ground*

"I've decided something," a new voice says, sounding far-away. "If you won't give us freedom, I'll just take it myself."

●●●

Even a rose grows thorns to protect itself.

●●●

On July 11th, 20xx, a group of ghouls calling themselves the Thorns took control of the 7th Ward. Less than a day later, reinforcements from the 5th and 8th wards attempted to re-gain control and failed. Those that survived the operation reported that most of the causalities didn't come from the Thorns themselves, but from the traps and rigged explosives the group had strategically placed around the ward in anticipation of them.

On July 15th a small group of ghouls in the 10th ward attempted to mimic the success of the Thorns and attacked the CCG branch office. They were slaughtered. But because of these incidents and the fear of more potential attacks, security was increased at all remaining CCG branch offices, along with more senior Investigators being present.

●●●

How many times can a dog be mistreated before it decides to bite?

●●●

The Thorns were created with the sole purpose to give all ghouls the freedom they've been denied by society, even if they have to dismantle the CCG to do it. The 7th ward was only the beginning.

Last edited:
It’s been a while since last watched Tokyo Ghoul, but I’d definitely be interested in taking part of this.

oh this sounds interesting, it's been ages since I've seen tokyo ghoul but I'd love to participate.

This is an AU. No canon characters or events will be involved.

Very well. Do you have a general plot lined up? Which side our characters will be a part of in this conflict?

Or is this more free-form with no overarching plot?

Very well. Do you have a general plot lined up? Which side our characters will be a part of in this conflict?

Or is this more free-form with no overarching plot?
I have a loose plot. I'll allow both ghouls and Investigator characters, so which side depends on your characters viewpoints really.

I’m interested, but a little on the skeptical side on account of some scheduling issues on my end. We’ll see~

I think I plan on following this for a while, making a character and going from there~ Worst-case, I'll just have them appear and reappear occasionally as an insignificant side character. I'd absolutely love to be a part of this full-time, but I just got a new work schedule so I can't be 100% sure I can commit to something like that. It depends on how active this is, too~ Regardless, I miss Tokyo Ghoul RPs on this site way too often to pass this up—it's been one of my favorite fandoms to roleplay for a few years, but there's never any good roleplays set up for it anymore. I'm glad to see something like this on the site again~ Not that I've looked much recently, though. I've been inactive for a while.

Enough rambling, though! I'm in <3

Enough rambling, though! I'm in <3
Welcome back to the site! Just let me know ahead of time if your schedule gets hectic and you'll be all good!

Still open?
It is, though the CS and OOC havent been posted yet.
To everyone else: Today was my last final and I'm severely sleep deprived now I can finally focus on getting this RP up and running. The CS will be up sometime tomorrow. If not, you can all feel free to find the biggest virtual rocks you can find and throw them at me.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back