TV & Film Thor: Ragnarok vs Black Panther

BDark

Three Thousand Club
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm sorry...

...But Thor was much better.
Let the war begin.

Debate below.

I think, and I'm sure what I'm about to say will be annoying, that they were both equally as good. Ragnarok was included in the MCU to let us catch up with characters we hadn't seen for a while before Infinity War happens and everything burns, while Black Panther was included to introduce to characters we've never even met. My own personal experience leads me to believe that, in the MCU at least, characters' introductory movies tend to be the most 'boring', for lack of a better term, and the sequels tend to be more engaging since we understand the characters and don't have to spend much time world building.

I know no one wanted an actual explanation so, in short, yeah, I get why Ragnarok is your favorite out of the two : )

I'd take anything over Chris Hemsworth's odd physical structure and power ranger outfit. Neutral feelings on Black Panther and a thumbs down for the Mighty Mjörphin Asgard Rangers.

This thread isn't active enough. Should I add more mcu movies? Like ant-man? I won't add GoTG because that creates an ugly-ass dilemma for me.

Yeah. That I can agree on.

But I'm also very biased because Thor and Doctor Strange are both my #1 MCU characters. Vision comes as a very close second.

Black Panther by far. Thor is my favorite Marvel hero but Ragnorok was way to goofy for my tastes.

Thor Ragnarok. Whilst Black Panther is a good film, it is not a Marvel film in which I would be actively willing to go out of my way to watch. Thor Ragnarok is in an echelon in which I am more than willing to watch again and again, because it is directed by a man who understands comedic and dramatic timing. It has very endearing characters through sheer dialogue alone. I can remember more about Korg, a big rock monster who would be a DCEU main villain but here is a comedic relief soft spoken goof. Whilst in Black Panther the only stand outs in the film would be Black Panther, Killingmonger, and Uylsses Claue. Thor Ragnarok has more dynamic characters that demand your attention to speak, even Skurge who by all means is a simple underling has a storyline that isn't spoken in word, but by sheer action. Black Panther is a good phase one film, but at the point in which both films came out we had gone past Phase one and had refined the formula. Whilst we can commend Black Panther on its production, it's a good movie, but doesn't push beyond being great. Because it suffers from the Phase One curse of having a last third of the film that is rushed and not really well put together. The only real issue with Ragnarok would be some of the pacing getting to Sakaar, but the pacing, acting, action scenes, set pieces, characters, and storyline are far more compelling to me and draws me in more than Black Panther. I will probably see Black Panther only a few times in my life time around when it's time to watch all the films again with friends to prepare for the next Avengers film. But, Ragnarok is so good that it makes itself something I could watch again and again. A list reserved and filled by Captain America: Winter Soldier & Civil War, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 & 2.

Thor: Ragnarok was a good film, but it seemed too much like a comedy for my taste. The whole thing with Sakaar seemed sort of forced and out of place with the plot.
But I might be biased because I literally worship Shuri. Just look at how beautiful this persoifgbkejbgjfgnfb just like ugh.
blackpanther596d2f0340b95-h_2018.jpg

Black Panther was a big masterpiece and work of genius but I have a really soft spot for Taika Waititi and what he's done to bring justice to Thor's character so I'm going with Ragnarok.

WAKANDA FOR E V ER

i loved ragnarok, don't get me wrong, and it was such a relief after the first two being less than amazing, but personally i feel like bp had such an incredible storyline and killmonger was an impeccable villain.

Thor, but I prefer comedy over action, so Ragnarok was always going to come out on top for me. Though I feel like Black Panther was an extremely well done action/gritty Marvel movie. It definitely seems that Marvel has got their formula down pat by now.

But unpopular opinion, both movies were WAY better than Infinity War.

Thor, but I prefer comedy over action, so Ragnarok was always going to come out on top for me. Though I feel like Black Panther was an extremely well done action/gritty Marvel movie. It definitely seems that Marvel has got their formula down pat by now.

But unpopular opinion, both movies were WAY better than Infinity War.
i agree with that last statement just bc of how sad iw was :(

Thor: Ragnarok was better because it had creative writing, better special effects, golden character interactions, imo a better villain, and.. Chris Hemsworth. That is all. (Oh and they finally got the freaking Hulk right so +10 points to griffondore)

I'm sorry cuz I know so many have said it, but...

tumblr_p4kmk2Gnj51sejmmmo3_r1_540.gif

There was a time when there would be no comparison for me when Thor was concerned. However, Black Panther touched my heart. Ragnarok was funny and also heart-stabbing at times, but Black Panther still gives me that kid-at-a-candy-store-i-just-want-more-feeling that Ragnarok didn't give. Doesn't mean it wasn't a bomb ass movie.

Thor was hilarious and action-packed, two of my favorites. Black Panther was amazing in its own right but if I had to choose between the two to watch, it would be Ragnarok.

thor ragnarok was a hell of a lot better than black panther. it had better visuals, a better plot, better writing, and thor is, on the whole, a better developed/fleshed out character than t'challa.

I didn't like either one actually. They tried too hard to put the jokes on Thor and the whole plot was bland. I didn't like any of the characters which is a far cry from the first Thor. As far as Black Panther is concerned T'Challa had more development he needed. Rather than focus on that they brought in Killmonger (I liked him better than BP) who deserved to have a story on his own honestly. It was just a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back