• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic this is it, the apocalypse

Amy Pond

C8CF80B8-3D76-4CE5-9BFC-926EF9A2F519.gif

welcome to hell.
not literally, but close enough.
Nowhere is what’s left of America, and the people that survived separated into factions. each faction supports itself and has its own society. at the age of 16, anyone old enough takes a test to see what role they’ll take. they can be a healer, leader, fighter, teacher, hunter, or a mix of two. the best ones leave their own faction to serve in the capital, and bring prosperity to their faction.​

9CD5E04D-F0DC-4A7F-B0AF-B769DB24FD25.gif

name: Maisy Williams

birthday: September 4th

faction: The Fells

dislikes: spiders, being cold, fish

history: Maisy was born after Doomsday, and has always lived in the Fells. Her father was killed when she was fourteen by a Forsaken, and she’s been fighting to get to the top since. She placed first in healing and hunting, and was offered the spot in the capital. The Fells places value on resourcefulness, and she can survive on little. She prefers to listen and find out about who or what she’s dealing with before jumping right in.

12E0574A-228D-49E0-A6E9-A259FDA13685.jpeg
i’m a bad bitch, you can’t kill me!

name: ryland harris
faction: lion’s den

Ryland just thought it would be nice to be a teacher, but evidently, that wasn’t what his personality matched. He was placed as a fighter despite his protests at age 16, and has come to accept it. After becoming dedicated to the cause and spending nearly every day training, Ryland was selected by the capital.

Maisy almost dreaded waking up every day. It was the same every day. Hunting, gathering herbs, and then training. She hated the training the most. She would never make Fighter Rank, and she found it tedious. Any idiot could pick up a gun and shoot things. They were prettt unimpressed with how her training was going, so they’d assigned her a partner. They’d be basically attached at the hip until she was better at shooting. Maisy stood up at first call, packing her bag for a day in the forest. Her assignment today was mostly fruits, they’d have to go deeper into the Valley for that. The Valley was a terrible place, despite being breathtakingly beautiful. Looks were deceiving, though. After the radiation hit, you had to be extremely careful what you ate and touched. Any water except the rain was poisoned. One specific type of deer could kill a group of twenty. One harmless thing was the flowers that grew there. The Valley was filled with them, all sorts of wildflowers, a welcome dash of color in a mostly green landscape. She headed out of the shanty, waiting to get her rations for the day. She most likely wouldn’t be back until dusk. Dusk was pushing it, though. They’d be running the risk of the Forsaken.

Ryland wasn’t pleased he was being assigned to someone who was essentially a failing trainee. He didn’t have time for that; he was better than that. Two years of nonstop dedication and he had to train a near-reject? But, at the same time, it might be nice. He was exhausted, mentally and physically, from the training. Shooting wasn’t hard, but hand-to-hand combat for hours on end was exhausting. Training someone, especially someone who would have to have low expectations, would be easy. He’d heard it was someone from another faction, which made him uncomfortable but wasn’t a dealbreaker. He’d see them for at most an hour a day; he could be courteous and get through it.

Maisy had been told her trainer would meet her at the gates, so she was waiting. He wasn’t from her faction, which wasn’t too encouraging. As much as she hated the crowded tent city that was built among ruins, the smell in the morning was lovely. It was a mix of smoke and dew and te earth, and it was comforting. It smelled like home. She glanced st the sky. Today looked like it would be another cloudy day, which could make gathering difficult if the fog hung in.

Running late wasn’t exactly something you were allowed to do, but Ryland managed to do it anyway. He could see someone was already waiting at the gates for him; hopefully this wouldn’t set a bad precedent for the rest of the meetings. “Maisy, right?” He asked, sizing her up. She wasn’t physically weak or anything; it had been indicated she mainly needed help with shooting.

“Yeah.” She said. “We were supposed to leave five minutes ago. We have rations to fill today.” She said. She knew this guy, he was a show off. He thought himself better than other people.

“I know, I’m sorry. I’ll make a note that I was the one who made you late.” He said, already starting to walk. “It won’t happen again.” He had seen her around, but wasn’t familiar with her. The Falls didn’t really mingle with them.

She had already started walking, unwilling to acknowledge his apology. Soldiers weren’t her idea of great people. There was nothing noble about guns. She checked te list of rations, frowning. They’d have to go deeper than she has thought.

Ryland glanced over. “So before we get started, tell me exactly what you’re having problems with.” He said. He could tell she didn’t like him, and that was fine, as long as they could get through training.

She paused. “I have problems with aim.” She said. “The swords are also too big, most of them.” She said. “We need to move quickly today, we’re heading to the Valley.”

Ryland nodded slightly. “We can make it a quick session, okay? I don’t want to make you late for anything else.” He said, walking faster. “Those are both problems a lot of people have. You shouldn’t be too worried.”

She snorted. She wouldn’t be doing this with him if she wasn’t forced. “I’m not worried. I wouldn’t even be bothering if they hadn’t insiste.

“Then there shouldn’t be any problems.” He said stiffly, already a little irked. He didn’t want to be doing this either, but he wouldn’t make a point of it.

She paused. Two pairs of eyes would be better than one. “Do you know much about the plants we eat?” He asked.

Ryland paused uncomfortably. He hadn’t gone through any official training to gather food, but he’d done it on his own, and he was pretty sure he could at least avoid anything that would kill someone. “...Enough,” He said.

“Okay. If you have any questions, ask. We’re looking for nasturtiums, elder berries, and some plants.” She said, handing him a bag.

“Okay.” She said. He wasn’t too bad. She would reserve judgement though. But...he wasn’t as terrible as he could be. “What faction are you from?”

“The Fells.” She said, slightly relieved. They at least weren’t from opposing factions. “You guys live just the other side of White River.”

Ryland nodded, letting out a breath he hadn’t known he’d been holding. “Yeah. Not far from here at all.” He said. “I live closer to you than the rest of the faction, really. I stay at the training facility.”

“Fells are too far for me, I stay in one of the shacks.” She said. “How often do you get to go home?”

Ryland shrugged. “We get a week off every few months, and we stop training early on Sundays, but it still isn’t really enough time to get there and get back by morning. But it’s understandable. They don’t want people that don’t know what they’re doing.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back