Thinking of Quitting Roleplay

That definitely works well. I think you've got the hang of it. On the off chance that someone doesn't respond well to that, it'll likely be because they're either young or inexperienced. But you're covering all your bases if you respond to such inquiries like that, so you won't get in trouble and people will be able to see that you're reasonable and helpful. Most everyone will be accepting of a statement like that, especially since your'e offering to help them out in finding a better match for them. You may even find that some people will just adapt to your rules, even if it's not exactly what they're looking for. The nicer you are to everyone, the more luck you'll have with these types of things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yunn said:
Um. I'm not sure if it's the right thing to say but I'd be interested in a pokemon rp o-o
yes it's the right thing to say given Pokémon is the primary issue I've been having xD PM me and we can discuss things

The issue may be a bit outdated, but I have something to say. Here's the deceptive thing that many people are unwilling to admit: a majority of our works end up in the rubbish. Right now, I have had one roleplay succeed, nothing else. we all There will be things you do in life that make you question yourself, make you think that you are incapable of succeeding. The difference between success and failure is that those who succeed are ones who try. Those who try and fail have not failed, they have yet found a way to succeed. In basketball, my coach taught me that there are two ways to do something: the easy way or the right way. The right way is not always easy, and the easy way is not always right.

When it comes to Roleplay, we all have come short. But what matters is that every setback makes you more hungry for success, and that all a lack of interest is is a momentary flaw, nothing more. Keep your head up!

I thought the same thing when I posted my first interest check. I posted it in the morning, then the evening rolled around and I got more hits than I knew what to do with. You've got to give it a day at least before you start feeling like something is wrong, but I know it's tempting to feel like people aren't paying attention when you have to wait so long.

Post some links to them and I'll tell you if there's anything that I think might help. It's difficult to know when someone who'd be interested will be checking the threads, so it's hard to determine if someone who'd be interested would be checking at any given hour or even any given day.

It doesn't let me post links it's an issue I've had since I joined - here's what happens when I try and post a link- this HTML class. Value is https://www.rpnation

You actually posted interest but then Never got into contact with Me in one

Ah I see what you mean. I was waiting for your response I believe.

I'm not sure why it won't let you post links. Make sure you copy the entire link and paste it into the box.

Did that I still get the exact same problem. It works fine if I type out the whole thing,but just a Copypaste doesn't work. BTW I PM'd you

Well the only thing I can think of is to make certain that you copied the whole link and not just part of it. Might be worth creating a thread for this problem if there's a place to ask about these sort of things.

Lol not only do we have a Fandom in common we have two favorite characters in common xD that's awesome

[QUOTE="Dynasty Girl]Three interest checks,Not a Single Reply. What exactly am I doing wrong? I don't get it

[/QUOTE]
Don't you worry. It happens to us. I had made lots of interest checks and got no replys, but the hint is to keep trying. For example at the moment I am assembling a game of Mafia on the site and need 16 players. I have only gathered 11 and there has been 4 days since posted, so...it takes time. I can't begin till I have the 16

@Dynasty Girl Another thing that might seem counter intuitive is don't post multiple threads. By which I mean if people see someone posting three threads back to back that person seems desperate and therefore people are less likely to respond.

It's kind of like when you a kid and your pestering your parents for a treat. The more you say " mommy I want this" the more irritating you sound.

Plus it just clutters things because people don't know which thread to reply too.

So instead of making lots of threads make one and delete the rest.

Then just bump that thread as needed. But I wouldn't do it like every hour or so. No if the thread is off the first page give a bump but don't do anything otherwise.

And if it's been an hour don't panic.

People could honestly just be asleep, at school, at work, etc.

If it's been a week or something with no responses you might worry but a few minutes is fine.

Especially since your posting on the weekend where people are probably wrapping up their work or school week and might be doing real life errands.

For instance I work every day but Sunday and this particular week I've had a lot of e tea hours so I've been busy or sleeping a lot of the day. And pretty much every weekend I'm doing errands as soon as I get off work because my mom works night shift during the week so we do all our stuff when she has time off.

For that matter I have a friend in college that's always leaving mid talk to go to class or study.

So yeah people can have busy schedules so that's something you have to brace for not just in interest checks but in roleplaying itself. Some people are just not going to be able to reply quickly or even everyday. It's not feasible for their schedule. So if your looking for a more rapid response you might want to put that in your rules or requirements.

Another thing that might seem counter intuitive is don't post multiple threads. By which I mean if people see someone posting three threads back to back that person seems desperate and therefore people are less likely to respond.
It's kind of like when you a kid and your pestering your parents for a treat. The more you say " mommy I want this" the more irritating you sound.
This is so true, but you can one thread each in different genres to sort of get around this (way more people play fantasy than futuristic or modern so the chances you'll be caught in the act are smaller!)

Archie said:
This is so true, but you can one thread each in different genres to sort of get around this (way more people play fantasy than futuristic or modern so the chances you'll be caught in the act are smaller!)
Yeah but the different settings effect your plot. So for instance if you post in realistic, fantasy, and fandom each one is a different setting so you'd have to alter your plot accordingly.

Ex. Your making a Pokemon plot based on the shows.

Posting in fandom interest check is fine because the roleplay is meant to be set in a fandom universe.

Posting in realistic means you have to change the setting in the plot to the real world. So instead of Pallete Town and all the others you have to go from some real world place to another. Ex. New York to Chicago.

Posting in fantasy probably would work reasonably well because fantasy is a made up universe setting.

Posting in futuristic you have to move the setting to some distant place in the future with futuristic elements.

The point being not every plot can be put in every genre without altering key components.

Plus putting something in a more popular section isnt going to help if it doesn't suit the genre.

Pokemon in realism yeah you might get more people to see your thread but that doesn't mean they'll be interested. Because they're looking for real world roleplays not Pokemon ones.

Sighs yall aren't helping any saying things opposite eachother idk who to listen to,it makes things confusing

[QUOTE="Dynasty Girl]Sighs yall aren't helping any saying things opposite eachother idk who to listen to,it makes things confusing

[/QUOTE]
The summary is never give up and keep trying and first check other rps before creating one on your own that is different from the others

[QUOTE="Dynasty Girl]Sighs yall aren't helping any saying things opposite each other idk who to listen to,it makes things confusing

[/QUOTE]
Well where you post is less important than understanding that not getting a reply right away doesn't mean that people don't like your idea it just means there might not be people online at that time. They could be at work, school, running errands, etc.

So if you don't get a response in an hour that's not a big deal. If you don't get a response in a week that might be something you need to work on. Honestly in that case I'd copy and paste whatever you have in your interest check here if you can't link then ask people what you can do to improve on the idea.

But yeah I would keep the threads to a minimum just because it's easier to keep track of one thread and it's replies than posting five threads and trying to keep track of who responded where as well as keeping them all bumped and relevant.

It's too much work and there's no guarantee you'll even get that much more traffic. Especially since your roleplay is specifically fandom roleplay. So putting it in the other genres won't really increase your chances of getting a bite because the people in for instance fantasy are looking more for like medieval adventure stories rather than something about Pokemon.

nerdyfangirl said:
Yeah but the different settings effect your plot. So for instance if you post in realistic, fantasy, and fandom each one is a different setting so you'd have to alter your plot accordingly.
Ex. Your making a Pokemon plot based on the shows.

Posting in fandom interest check is fine because the roleplay is meant to be set in a fandom universe.

Posting in realistic means you have to change the setting in the plot to the real world. So instead of Pallete Town and all the others you have to go from some real world place to another. Ex. New York to Chicago.

Posting in fantasy probably would work reasonably well because fantasy is a made up universe setting.

Posting in futuristic you have to move the setting to some distant place in the future with futuristic elements.

The point being not every plot can be put in every genre without altering key components.

Plus putting something in a more popular section isnt going to help if it doesn't suit the genre.

Pokemon in realism yeah you might get more people to see your thread but that doesn't mean they'll be interested. Because they're looking for real world roleplays not Pokemon ones.
Oh yeah for sure you can't post a fantasy plot in realistic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back