• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Things From our Past

"I said," she began again, exasperated, "that I think your theory makes sense, as much as anything could. And yes, we absolutely need a plan. I really would rather not spend the night in the fountain again, but I'd prefer it to being eaten or absorbed or whatever...." She sighed, closing the books around her and straightening the piles.

"As for my running, it's not as good as my flexibility," she said wryly. "I don't suppose yoga is going to be particularly helpful through all this." She tapped her fingers restlessly against the table. "What kind of tests do you have in mind?" As she waited for him to answer her mind also began to wander.

Maybe I need to invest in a houseboat or something...going to have to move if I do that. And where would I get the money? Also, I like going out at night- don't want to have to stay locked away at night for the rest of my life.

She shook herself out of her reverie and turned her attention back to Maxis.

Maxis gave her a grin when she asked what test he had in mind. "One of the first things I wanted to test was if the creature would still go after people who have seen him from days past," Maxis said " That is why I asked how your running was. The best way to test that would be to have me in a safe location while you were not. If he came after you that would answer that question." Maxis then stood up taking the stack of books into his arms. " I also need to find out what time the creature actually comes," Maxis said as he started to walk towards the front, motioning for Evan to follow " That way I don't waste valuable time."

Maxis stopped for a moment as he thought of the best way to phrase his next words. "The other thing I want to find out is if there is a way to link our dreams or something," Maxis said " I haven't really thought of a surefire test, all I have right now is see if sleeping together will work." Maxis quickly responded to make sure there was no confusion." It's not what you think, I promise I'm not coming on to you or anything. " Maxis explained "I remember reading a study about subjects being in close proximity to another and how induced trauma had cause similar neural effect in both parties. It basically said that the two brains sync up for a moment and allow a deep form of relation on the neural level. So if that turns out to be true it may be able link up your voices and my dreams, so we could experience both together. It would also be convenient to be able to discuss new information when it is fresh in our minds."

When Maxis got to the front desk he gave the assistant the books that he didn't find relevant and asked to check out all of the rest. Due to his profession he on many occasions had taken stacks of books home, so when he showed the assistant his card they allowed it. "I will also need some of the books my assistant is holding as well," Maxis told the man behind the desk while motioning to Evan " She will tell you which those are." The man responded with a nod and waited for Evan to tell him what she needed. "Alright we have the books and around an hour of light," Maxis said " Would you like to make final arrangements and choices at my house or yours."

She laughed lightly we he backtracked after suggesting they sleep together. "I really did not assume you were hitting on me, don't worry. You've got a girlfriend and we don't know each other, plus we're being hunted by an ancient shadow demon. Kind of the last thing on my mind, yeah?" she headed towards the front with him.

Evan rolled her eyes when Maxis called her his assistant but said nothing. "Whose house is closest to water?" she asked as she handed the books to the clerk to be checked out. "That would probably be the best place...and I'm up for seeing if it chases me, as long as I don't have to run ten miles or whatever ridiculous amount you did last night." She paused thoughtfully before continuing. "The dream linking thing would be useful, we may as well give it a shot."

She silently wondered what he was going to do about his girlfriend...if she had looked at the creature, then it might go after her again as well.

As hey walked out of the library Maxis gave a laugh when Evan asked whose house was closer to water. " Well you know my chase started from my house," Maxis responded " So I believe it's about ten or so miles to a decent water source. On the other hand it is a very nice fountain, and only around twenty or so people have been reported missing because I chose to go there."

When Maxis got outside he stopped to remember where he had left his car. Once he spotted it he continued speak. " Follow me you can throw those books in he back of my car," he said as he walked towards the vehicle " Also if you don't have a ride you can come with me if you want." When he got to his car he opened the trunk and placed them inside. He had to move some scrolls, weapons, and vases to do so, but he manged to leave enough space for Evan's books as well. " I need to get some of this stuff out of my car," Maxis said " It looks like a dig site in there."

Maxis turned his attention back to Evan. " So I think by default your house is probably closer to the water for now," Maxis said " There is also the option of flooding a part of the house that way we could create a safe zone that outside people would not come to. So what do you want to do? I am fine with reconstructing my house but, you have to let me know so we can run to a hardware store. If we don't go with that we just have to find another source of water close to your home to stay at for the night."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back