• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic They Will Return

elderwood

Earth, 2204. The birth planet of our species. Once a shining utopia for mankind, now relegated to a mere historical marker in the vast emptiness of the galaxy. Space debris blocks out much of the sun's rays, making for a rather dark and desolate world. Amidst the crumbling ruins of a once grand society, those left behind to inherit the earth try their best to carry on, waiting, hoping, believing that one day--they will return.

So, a slice-of-ilfe-ish roleplay based on a future Earth, abandoned by most of humankind? There could be a more overarching plot if you prefer. Like maybe the last thing those left behind on Earth recieved was something ominous, like maybe a intergalatic war message, which is why no one visits Earth anymore. Or maybe Earth's just been abandoned for a long, long, long time. Global warming/resource wars/widespread disease just wiped out most of the population and the rest escaped to space leaving the poorest to fend for themselves.

I have a bunch of ideas for this world if you want to worldbuild a little. Things like cults based around the idea of the rest of humankind returning, sun cults, techno cults based on restoring whatever junk our ancestors left behind when they left for space, what parts of the world are even habitable. It doesn't have to be like realistic futuristic. It could be like Fallout, where the aesthetic is like the traditional nuclear family stuff. Or it could be more steam-punky in nature. Like imagine steam powered space ships, haha. I'm not really into magic in this setting though, unless you want to frame it as "alien tech = wow magic".

idk tell me if you want to flesh out this idea with me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back