• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy They don't know us

Michael jumping in and interrupting made James narrow his eyes towards him. He listened to their conversation and felt his fists slowly ball up the more Michael spoke. He didn't notice it himself, but the temperature in the room started slowly rising. The first one to pick up on that fact was Piper, who's ears started flicking nervously. She tapped Jackson slightly on the thigh, nodding towards James. Agana noticed this exchange and she could as well start to feel the temperature changes.

James was totally unknowing however as Ethan looked up at him again, saying he might leave. James stood up, slamming his hands onto the table, making the attention go back to him. "I don't get you. You've been nothing but a fucking asshole towards Ethan since the beginning. If you keep going on with such a shitty personality then you'll see that the only one everyone hates, is you." He sneered at Michael, his hands starting to glow slightly at the table.

"James-" Skye started to interrupt, slowly standing up as they were also starting to feel the heat. They didn't get to do much however as a hand got placed on James' shoulder, forcing him down in the chair again. Skye's eyes traveled up and saw the man called Frederic standing behind James' chair now. The heat in the room instantly disappeared, making the group look at him in shock, except James, who looked ashamed down on the table from his outbreak. "Calm down," Fredric said to him, the hand still placed on his shoulder.

Eliza let out a sigh. "Take the day to think about it. Jackson will show you guys around a bit, you'll be able to borrow phones for calling home if necessary. There are also food servings in the eating area, but Jackson will go over it all with you. I'll call you all in here again later this evening, and I'm expecting an answer then."

(Angelica)
The room was pretty heated in more ways than one, in matters of seconds after Fredric arrived, silence surrounded the most of us. Except for Eliza who explained what we could do today, my attention went straight to the phone. I need to call Alex, make sure he’s okey, I know it’s only been a few days.. But no one knows what our father might do in that short amount of time I’m not watching over him. I look over at Michael who is giving a glare at both James and Ethan, I guess he had some beef with Ethan from day one. Quite rude, but I get where he’s coming from, Ethan has done nothing but complain and try to run away from the problem. I can’t say I’m any better, but at least I try to hide it and help.

At once I get the opportunity, I borrow a phone to call home. First it takes a few calls to try to get through to the other side, but no one picks up. I check the time, and Alex should be home by now…? He doesn’t have any form of school or activities at this time, he always picks up the main phone too. I give up and try to call our fathers phone, which he instantly answers. “Who’s this?” He answers with a sour tone. “Angelica” I say with a frighten voice, knowing he could hang up at any moment. “Ah, what do you want? Why haven’t you been home?! Do you think this family is something you just can leave and come back to?!“He screams fast without letting me talk. I sight; I didn’t except anything else from that man, but does he really have to shout at every opportunity he gets? “I called to check on Alex, he hasn’t been answering my calls?” I say with a calm voice, trying not to show him that he has any kind of power over my actions. “Ah that boy, I locked him in the basement, he was acting up. Fussing about how you have to work so much, blah blah blah, I got tired off all his nagging.” He says with a bored tone. “The basement? For how long? How could you do that?” I raise my voice a bit. “I don’t know, I don’t keep count, I don’t have time for such things. Anyway, if you’re not coming home at once, you can stay away.” He says with a strong tone, then he hangs up. I stare at the phone for a bit, thinking about what I should do. I wanna stay here for a bit, but I’m worried about Alex.

I walk toward Piper I think her name was, and give the phone back.” Is it possible to leave and come back later? I need to fix something at home which is pretty urgent” I say with a hasty tone in my voice.

After Eliza had finished speaking, she was quick to stand up for so to leave the room. The people left behind started slowly moving, with Edward, Fredric and Alexa also headed towards the exit. The bird followed Alexa, sitting down on her shoulder. The only ones left in the room was the group, Jackson, Piper and Luca. Jackson and Piper offered their phones, and Angelica was fast to grab one of them and head off for herself.

James finally looked up from the table, still embarrassed by his outbreak earlier. His eyes locked with Jackson, before he gratefully accepted the cell phone offered from him.

Piper looked over at Angelica, who was a bit away from the rest of the group. She was picking up parts of the conversation and the flicker of her ears matched the concerned look of her face. Jackson picked up on this as he gently touched her elbow, making her look up at him. She didn’t need to explain however as Angelica raised her voice, making others also look away from their conversations and at her.

Their eyes followed Angelica as she made her way back to Piper and Jackson. She offered her phone back, which Piper accepted. As the question was asked, Piper and Jackson exchanged quick looks. «That… I’ll see what I can do. Let me run it by Eliza. » Jackson said as he scratched the back of his head a bit awkwardly before he headed towards the door, disappearing through it.

“Hold on, if she gets to go, I want to go as well.” Skye said and stood up. They had been gone for so long… Their mom. She had to be worried sick. Piper looked apologetic at Skye before shaking her head. “I’m not sure about that, we rather not anyone leave at all for the moment… Why don’t you try calling the people you seek?” She asked, offering the phone to Skye, who in return glared at it. They furrowed their brows for a few seconds before letting out a sigh, grabbing the phone. It was the best option for now, as they had no energy to argue about it.

Piper looked back at Angelica, before her attention moved to the door and Jackson, who had opened it. He waved gently at Angelica, signalising her to come.

As Angelica left the room, she got to see that Eliza and the rest had not gone far, rather they were all standing close by in a small circle, discussing something. Eliza looked away from the conversation and at Angelica as they came closer, turning her whole attention to them. “You’re the one with the urgent ‘something’ off base?” She asked, her voice stern and serious.

(Angelica)
I look at them all briefly before I turn my gaze at Eliza. “Yes” I answer and look down at the floor. “if it’s really not a problem, I need to go home.. I don’t want to cause a commotion. However, if it is a problem for me to come back, I can stay away.” I say low and look back up at her again. “But I really need to help my brother.” I put my hands together and start to fiddle with my fingers in a nervus state, as I am worried about what she is going to say about the situation.

Eliza opened her mouth, but before she even got to say anything, Jackson jumped in.

"I'll drive her. Piper needs to get more supplies from her insider, and if we bring Luca he can cloak Angelica so the people after them don't see her entering the house." He suggested, making Luca groan in response in the background. Eliza locked eyes with Jackson for a short while before sighing, nodding slightly. "Very well. If there is any danger at all you get immediately out of there." She warned and turned back to the conversation she was having.

Jackson turned to Angelica as Luca also came up to them. "Are you ready to leave right away? I'll go get Piper." He responded before pointing at Luca. "He'll take you to the car." And with that, he headed back to the oval.

Luca looked after Jackson, scoffing lightly. Cloaking again? He had to admit, he was still tired after the helicopter round. He turned his attention to Angelica. Without saying anything he started walking for the exit, expecting her to follow.

They stayed silent the whole way before they eventually got to the car. It was a big black Mercedes-Benz Vito, with black glass so you were unable to see inside. Honestly, it was kind of creepy, but the dark colour made it easier for Luca to cloak it luckily. It also had a lot of storage space for supply rounds like now.

(Angelica)
As I follow Luca toward the car, I get a feeling of unease. Both for Alex and for the people in the base. It seems like me leaving the base can cause a lot of trouble, which I don't want for them. At the same time, I desperately need to go home to check on Alex, it can all be a misunderstanding. At the same time, he can lay unconscious at the bottom of the stair not able to breath. It could be worse.. or it could be nothing. As we wait for the others to load up the car I sit inside, waiting patiently for us to start driving.

Luca sat in behind the driver’s seat, assuming Piper wanted to sit in the passenger seat since Jackson was going to drive.

He was correct, as that was the exact seats they took. Piper had a green beanie drawn over her head, obviously to hide the ears. The tail was probably tucked under her oversized (obviously Jackson Owned) hoodie.

“Luca?” Jackson asked as he started up the car, meeting his eyes in the car mirror. Luca let out a sigh, closing his eyes as he started focusing, extending his cloaking power to the car.

It took him around 5 minutes to cloak the car, which was more than usual Jackson took notice off. Was he still exhausted from the chopper ride? He probably was... He knew better than to ask of course as he drove the car out on the parking lot, heading for the city. Luca took off the cloaking as they drove through the dense forest close to the factory, as they needed to be uncloaked for the supply run.

The car ride took around an hour, and was pleasantly enough. The four of them didn’t talk alot, mostly Jackson and Piper talking between them, as Luca took the time to sleep and recharge.

Their first stop was dropping off Luca and Angelica in the a few houses away from the Angelica’s cafe. Luca cloaked them both before getting out of the car. He held Angelica’s hand, and she could see him even though he was cloaked like her.

“You guys get 15 minutes before we pick you up! Hold your phones close and call if anything happens.” Jackson ordered them as they got out, before he and Piper drove off to get the supplies.

Luca looked at Angelica, holding out his arm. “After you. By the way, try to be quick, I want too check up on Skye’s mom too. I promised them.”

(Angelica)
“If you want to, you can go check on her while I’m dealing with this problem.” I say and look at the small house we almost can’t afford. “Or you can join if you want to, but it won’t be a pretty sight..” I walk toward the door, expecting a mess at once I open it. He never cleans, drink all day, and god knows if Alex is okey.. I hope he is. I push down the handle, and at once the door’s open I hear glass breaking. “The he’ll have you been!?” He shouts as he makes it out into the hallway, staring at me. “I never gave you permission to be out on about, your supposed to be here! Clean the house and bring money like the useless shot you are!” He shouts again, clearly drunk. I ignore him and walk forward toward the door down to the basement. “Where’s Alex, what did you do to him?” I shout a bit as I walk past him, trying to seem confident and not terrified.

He grabs my arm and twist me toward him. “What. Did You Say?” He says with a hint annoyance in his voice. “A few days out and you think you have the power to talk back to ME?” I try to break my arm out of his grip, but he just grab it tighter. “It hurts” I whisper under my breath and my my other hand on his wrist, trying to make him let it go. “If you want to join your brother so much, let me help you.” He grabs the door to the basement and open it with force. He then proceeded to punch me down the stairs. I hit my head at the gray stone floor at the bottom of the stairs, I hear a loud bang from the door getting slammed shut.

I look around for a bit then I stand up and drag the tread for the lightbulb in the ceiling, the dark room lightens up a tiny bit, just enough to see what’s around me. I touch my head as it throbs in pain, but nothing I can’t handle, he’s done worse. I’m more concerned about bruises showing, I don’t want people outside off this household to worry.

“Alex!” I shout, stumbling across the room, trying to locate my brother. There isn’t much room to hide, as well as store things. I look around, I’m a bit worried as I didn’t get an answer from him. Where can he be..? I look around and see that the freezer is plugged in, which doesn’t make much sense, we never store food in there. It can’t be, I run to it and move the big rocks placed on top of it, the temperature isn’t that cold, but still enough to get one unconscious and slowly die. I open the freezer and look down at my brother, laying there without any movement. “Alex!” I put my hand on his neck, checking for a pulse. Now he’s gone to far, this I will never forgive. I feel a small pulse, almost too weak to feel. “Stay with me” I drag him out from the freezer and onto the floor. I don’t know how much I can help in this situation, I need to find him a blanket, get some warmth into him again. I put my hands above his chest and try to heal him as much as I can, or at least so much that he gains conscious again. I feel the headache creeping along. He opens his eyes slowly, “Alex, are you okey?”. He looks up at me with confusion and anger as he tries to sit up. “We got to get out off here, I don’t care if we have to live at the streets, but I won’t tolerate a second more in this house.” I say with a strong tone. I help him up on his feet and we make it up the stairs. “Can you make it on your own a bit? If you got anything important please get that. I’ll get blankets and stuff, your still freezing cold.” He nods toward me and I open the door out to hallway. It’s a tricky one. So it takes a bit of force. Alex makes his way up to his room father his stuff, while I walk into the living room. I stare at my father, if I can even call him that. He sits in his chair as always, in front of the TV with his beer in hand. “How could you?!” I shout. He looks at me, then back at the TV. “Settle down.” He answers. I walk to the couch and gather the blankets, “no, we are tired of your awful behaviour, we are out of here” I say and gather the few things I have for work in a bag and walk in the hallway. “Wait what?!” I hear from him, as I expected he didn’t really pay attention to what I had to say. Alex walk up behind me and I take his bag over my shoulder. I’m sure the boss of my work can hook us up with a place to stay.. I hope. “You can’t leave! I own you!” He comes running out of the living room angry. We walk out of the front door toward the car, “we can do whatever we want, I was the one who brought in the money. Taking care of the house and family. I would like to see how many days you last without us!” I shout and look back at him in the door. He’ll be helpless without us, I hope he starve.

I look at the car again, and toward Luca. “I’m sorry, I need to find a new place for us to live.. You can go ahead and go back. I can’t leave Alex alone.” I say with an unsure smile and give the blankets over to Alex for him to have around his body. “I’m really grateful that you guys drove me here and all”

Luca watched Angelica for a bit, not sure if he should leave her alone. He nodded after a while before scouting down the street, spotting a building that fit the description Skye had given him. He waved lightly to Angelica as well before he started walking towards the bakery.

It didn't take long, and as he got there he could see a lady clearing away the bakewares, probably closing for the day. She seemed to be around in her 40's, and fit the description Skye had given him.

He walked through the entrance, and a small bell rang out as he did.

"Hello! We're just about to close, do you want anything specific?" The lady asked as she looked up at him. Luca replied with a charming smile while pulling a note from his pocket. "I'm a friend of Skye's. Or well at least the same as them. They asked me to deliver this note to you and assure you they're all right." He handed the note to her and she took it hesitantly. She opened the note and read quickly through it, before looking upon Luca. "Are they safe there?" She whispered out the question, and he could hear a sort of desperate tone behind it. Luca nodded confidently, wanting to calm her down. "Yes, Ma'am. They are completely safe there."

Her eyes lit up, and he was scared for a second she was going to cry, but she inhaled deeply instead. "Okay. If you could be so kind to wait for a bit I'll write a reply." She said and hurried behind the counter, not even bothering to find proper paper as she just wrote something down on the back of an old receipt. As she finished the note she folded it neatly and handed it back to Luca. He accepted it and put it in his pocket, not looking at it as he didn't want to invade their privacy. Suddenly she drew him into a hug, which surprised him, to say the least.

"Thank you for taking care of my child." She whispered before letting him go. Luca wasn't really a hugger, so he wasn't sure how to respond to this. He nodded and gave his goodbyes before leaving the bakery.

He headed back to Angelica's house, his head filled with all kinds of thoughts, when he suddenly heard the yelling. He considered entering the house to check everything was okay, when the door suddenly opened to reveal Angelica and a younger boy. He listened to what she said and got a confused look on his face.

«Why?»

That in return looked to be confusing Angelica as well so Luca continued. «Why look for a place to live? You both can come living at the base» he suggested with a shrug. Just then the he spotted the black car containing Jackson and Piper pulling into their street. They drove all the way up, parking across the street from them.

suddenly the door to Angelica’s house sprung up, revealing a very angry man. «You shits can’t leave! You’re my property and I won’t allow it!» He screamed, running down the stairs. Angelica took a protective stand in front of her brother, who pulled the blanket closer while shivering. This made Luca furrow his brow extra much. As the man came closer to Angelica, he lifted his hand. Luca took a step forward, but stopped as he saw something in his side glance.

Just as the man swinged his hand, Jackson was there, stopping the hand from colliding with Angelica. The man gasped in shock, trying to drag his arm back, but it was clear who was the strongest between the two. Luca looked up at Jackson, and an ice cold shiver went down his spine. Even though the pure rage in Jackson’s eyes wasn’t directed at him, he still got terrified.

«I advise you to step back Sir. You wouldn’t want to create a scene.» The tone of his voice was calm, but it also helt the anger behind it. The man looked at him in shock before he stepped back, and Jackson let him. He gave one last look to Angelica before hurrying up the stairs.

Jackson exhaled and shook his head before looking down on Angelica. «Are you alright? Did he do any-» He stopped as he noticed the bruise in Angelica’s face. His eyes darkened again and Luca was quick to take the word.

«Let’s just leave. Would you please come with us Angelica? We can figure out your living situation later.»

(Angelica)
I look toward Jackson in a bit of a shock and gratefulness, if only I could be as strong as him.. fighting off my father like that, or not even fighting, more like pure control. I give him a nod and look at Alex which is looking at me with a bit of confusion in his eyes. “don’t worry, as for now we can trust them” I say and give him a smile reassuring him, knowing his trust issues from before.
I place the bags in the trunk and take place in the car, making sure that Alex sit beside me warming up in the blanket I gave him. He stares at me a bit, then he looks at Jackson. “Who are they? Loan sharks? Government?” Hesays with a low voice, then he looks at me again expecting a terrible answer.I look ahead at the road, not knowing exactly how to answer, he doesn’t know about my powers, let alone mutants..I think.. How would I even explain this to him. I look at him again with a serious look. “I don’t quite know, but nothing bad. They have been very good to me, and I trust them. They are giving us shelter at least for now, and I think we should be reallygrateful that we don’t have to stay in that house anymore” I say ending it all with a smile. He nods at me and look at the road with a thoughtful expression.

Timeskip 2 weeks

The sound of skin colliding filled the warehouse followed by a thump as someone landed on their back. James let out a long groan as he sat up. He was wearing a blue singlet paired with a pair of dark brown training shorts. His hair was braided up behind him so it wouldn't come in the way.

He glared over at Agana, who was standing a few feet away from him. She was standing cautious, her arms raised in a protective stance. She was wearing a black singlet, paired with a pair of black training shorts. Special made, to handle the heat. Her own hair, which had been cut up to her jaw, was being held away with a white headband.

"Come at me, flame boy."

Agana tempted, waving her hands as an invitation. James growled slightly as he stood up, holding out his arms in front of him as well. He took a deep breath, focused an image of the warmth in his body all flowing out to his hands. He then manifested the image of the flames gathering into a ball. He then exhaled as he threw his hands towards Agana, imagining the ball flying at her.

Safe to say it wasn't a small fireball. More like a cluster of flames the size of a car. The flames engulfed Agana for a few seconds before dying out. Agana stood there, scales covering most of her arms and torso, as well as half her face. Other than that she was unharmed. She looked ready to leap at James but stopped at the sound of clapping.

"That's enough for today!" Jackson, the one clapping, called out. He had been standing on the sidelines, watching together with Ethan, Alexa, and Claire. Or well, he was standing with Alexa and Claire, Ethan was standing off by the wall a bit away from them. Crow was there as well, but he was sitting on the railing on the second-floor platform.

"What? I can go for another hour!" Agana complained but was already moving off to the side. James nodded in agreement but was following suit.

"You guys already been at it for 50 minutes. Which is 10 minutes more than Piper recommended! Your powers are also starting to become less accurate." Jackson pointed out, referring to how Agana was half-covered in scales, and James' accuracy with the flames was.. a mess. He handed both of them a water bottle, which they accepted gratefully.

"By the way, I never asked. But where did you get so much experience teaching mutants? You're human aren't you?" James asked Jackson, who looked back at him.

"I mean, I'm no expert when it comes to mutants, of course, it's just bits I picked up and learned from observing Fredric. He's the real mutant trainer here. Another training outside of that is just things I got from serving in the military." Jackson explained before patting his shoulder. "Now go get a shower. You seem like you need it." He said before walking over to the exit.

James nodded slightly before walking over to Ethan. " You know, you don't always have to come and watch me train." James pointed out, lifting the bottom of his shirt to wipe away the sweat that had formed on his forehead.

Agana on the other hand had walked over to Claire and Alexa, taking a sip of the water. Claire was standing on her own now, only with the help of a crutch which she leaned on. These two weeks had been painful regarding getting enough nutrition and making Claire, and Lucas, go up in weight after being underfed for months. But Agana could clearly see now that Claire was starting to get the glow back in her skin, and she didn't look extremely starved out either.

She opened her mouth to say something but got interrupted by Alexa grabbing her arm. "Can I look at your scales?!" She asked excitingly. She wasn't even waiting for an answer as she started studying the scales, writing down notes on her notepad while doing so. Agana furrowed her brows, clearly being annoyed of being touched by someone else, but after two weeks she was used to Alexa just studying her like this.

(Ethan)
I lean toward the wall as I study James’s practice, or more him I guess. I like the way he moves, and how his body reacts. It’s quite impressive at times too, how much power he can get into one fireball. How much he focuses, and how he improves.
“You know, you don’t always have to come and watch me train” he says and wipe off his sweat with his shirt. I get a bit distracted by his exposed body, but then I look up at his face again. “No no, I like to watch you.” I say, realizing that sounded like a total creep. “Or I mean, I like to see how you evolve? I guess” I look over at Alana, that has Alexa all over her, I’m kinda glad she’s more into those who has their powers showing. Don’t know what I would’ve done if she suddenly went all over me. “Are you gonna go in the showers?” I ask as I look out at the training hall, it’s bigger than I had imagined.

(Angelica)
The last couple of weeks, Edward has showed me a bit around in the medical field. Which is pretty helpful to know in case something bad happens, I don’t know how helpful I would be in a stressful situation though. I wouldn’t really know where to place myself, or how to help the others. “Hey, are you paying attention?” I shake my head and look at him. “Oh sorry, can you repeat that?” I say and look down at the book again. “You know I could show you how it’s done, instead of using the book?” He says and point at the picture of the sewing needle. “No, I’m good, I think it’s to early, I like learning from books” he sights a bit and rolles his eyes, “oh well, if that’s what you want I guess.”

«Yeah I should, shouldn’t I» James half-joked as a reply, even though the both of them could tell he needed a cold proper shower. The conversation was flowing steadily through the training hall, only to be interrupted by the door opening. A freckled face peeked inside, and both Agana, James and Claire recognized Lexie. She was one of the few humans at this place, and they had also learned she was Fredric’s daughter. Those shocking news wasn't easy to forget.

«Jackie! Alexa! I need to talk to you!» She was talking fast as she hurried over to them. Claire and Agana lifted a brow to each other. ‘Jackie’? Jackson didn’t seem to mind however as both he and Alexa moved a bit away to receive the news from Lexie. Agana didn’t know why they bothered to try to keep a private conversation like that. Did they forget her hearing was much better than a normal human?

«Okay so, we received a message from Jasper not long ago, 40 minutes or so. He told us that something happened with the Spanish mafia in Boston. Something… or rather SOMEONE wiped almost all of them out.» Lexie’s upbeat tone was all but gone, completely replaced by a serious one.

Jackson furrowed his brow at this and opened his mouth to reply but got interrupted by Lexie continuing. «Gabi reported in 20 minutes later. She’s okay, she got away from them.» «Them?» Alexa almost but whispered. Lexie looked down for a few seconds before looking up again. «The Spanish mafia have been involved in illegal underground fights, human trafficking etc. Not just humans, however.» her gaze lifted again, and her face twisted into a painful grimace.

«Kids. A pair of mutant twins.» She managed to say.

Agana could instantly feel her blood start to boil, realizing what this meant. She noticed she wasn’t the only one, however. Jackson’s entire body language had changed, and his voice was calm but if you listened, you could hear the boiling rage under it.

« Who’s going?»

Time skip

The Oval was quiet. Almost unbearably so. Skye wanted to say something multiple times but didn’t know what. They looked around the room at the one’s gathered here. Luca, Jackson, Piper, Edward, Alexa, Crow, Michael and themself.

The silence was broken by Frederic entering, his expression more grim than usual. An expression matching most of the people in the room.

«I’ve heard you all have been briefed already. Good. Saves me time.» He says as he headed to the end of the table, the place where Eliza usually sat. However, as she couldn’t be there all the time, Frederic was the step in. Not a surprise as he was Eliza’s right-hand man.

«I’ll lead the team. Please let me go.» Jackson instantly said and put both hands on the table. «I’ll also-» Piper started but Frederic lifted a hand to silence her. «I understand all of your dedication to go. Jackson, permission to be team leader is granted. I was going to ask you anyway. Piper,» he moved his gaze to her. «You’ll stay because we need you here for now. Edward,» He called and got the attention of the brunette. «You’ll go instead,» Fredric said. Piper seemed a bit down at this as she leaned a bit back in the chair, however, Jackson grabbed her hand in support.

Fredric was about to continue when the door slammed open, revealing a newly showered Agana with Lexie on her heels. «Agana, you can’t just blast in like that,» Lexie complained and grabbed the arm of the other female, who just tore herself free and waltzed into the room.

«I’m going,» Agana stated, crossing her arms as she stared down Fredric across the table. «Absolutely not.» He responded with an unfazed gaze. Skye wondered if he had expected this.

«Why not? When it comes to fighting I’m the most powerful you got.» She questioned, clearly not wanting to listen. «Power? Yes probably. Skills? Abilities? Control?» Fredric added a bit of pressure on the last part, making Agana flinch. «Hardly. This isn’t a ‘storm in and hit the bad guys’ type of operation. This is more tactical, more planning,» Agana opened her mouth to interrupt but Fredric wasn’t done. «You’re too much a risk to have walking around outside in the open. Besides I need you here at the base, we could need your power to defend.» He finished, staring Back at Agana.

The silence filled the Oval again as everyone either looked at Agana or Fredric. Agana’s eyes were almost shaking in anger, but it was clear she knew Fredric was right. Finally, she relaxed her shoulders and let out a deep breath. «Fine. Whatever.» She murmured and turned for so to walk out of the room. Lexie mouthed a small apology before closing the doors.

Everyone’s eyes now moved to Fredric again, who let out a sigh. «Where was I, oh right. For the rest of the team, I want Skye, Luca, Michael and Crow.» He stated. Skye felt the confusion instantly rise in them, which probably was visible on their face as Fredric turned to them. «You trained a lot the last couple of weeks. Your abilities will be helpful, so will your connections in town.» The last was to Michael, who also looked confused. «That’s it, everyone but Jackson can leave and get stuff ready for the mission.» He said, dismissing them.

As Skye came out in the main hall they got poked on the shoulder, making them turn their attention to Luca. «Don’t worry, it’s gonna be alright. After all, I’ll be there.» He reassured, having noticed Skye’s unease. He flashed her a grin before heading for his room. Skye could feel the warmth in their cheeks and hurried to their room to get their things.

Timeskip

Around an hour and half later all of them was in the car, on their way to Boston. Jackson had briefed them on the mission details, get to Boston, meet up with Gabi and Jasper, and figure out how they were going to find and save those kids. Seemed simple enough right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back