• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern there's nothing better

x

tumblr_pbbdklYcNC1qj22yno3_r1_250.jpg

tumblr_inline_p880mcThJB1u0e8ku_250.gif
x
tumblr_pbx9bkqFoD1qj22yno1_1280.png

J!!!!!!!A!!!!!!!I!!!!!!!D!!!!!!!A
- y!!!!!!!!v!!!!!!!!o!!!!!!!!n!!!!!!!!n!!!!!!!!e -
W!!!!!R!!!!!I!!!!!G!!!!!H!!!!!T
tumblr_pbx9bkqFoD1qj22yno2_1280.png

twenty six years old • pansexual
enfp-t • phlegmatic • cancer ♋
unemployed / in-between jobs
five feet six inches • 140 pounds
click here to view her full profile

tumblr_pbbdklYcNC1qj22yno1_r1_250.jpg

Last edited:
x

x

N!!!!!O!!!!!E!!!!!L!!!!!L!!!!!E
- i!!!!!!!! n!!!!!!!! d!!!!!!!! i!!!!!!!! g!!!!!!!! o! -
M!!!!!O!!!!!S!!!!!E!!!!!L!!!!!Y
dividers-R1-rough-grey.png

twenty four years old • bisexual
estp-a • sanguine • scorpio ♏
stripper at charlie's gentlemen's club
five feet three inches • 125 pounds
click here to view her full profile

tumblr_pbbdklYcNC1qj22yno4_r1_250.jpg

tumblr_pbbdklYcNC1qj22yno2_r1_250.jpg

tumblr_npgd0jGv561qkfj6po1_250.gif

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_p7hu33RvFx1sccn28_250.gif

it's like i'm powerful with a little bit of tender
an emotional sexual bender
mess me up, yeah, but no one does it better
there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 667
Drifting along on other people’s money might give a certain group of people a conscience, but for Noelle, it was a second nature. She was constantly hopping along from sugar daddy to sugar daddy, and although neither her nor any of the guys that filled that role for her ever called it that, it was an unspoken agreement that that was what it was. In return, she fulfilled their needs – and most people would be surprised how many men got off on the idea of dating a stripper. On her end, it didn’t require her much to do, and in return she’d have a bed to sleep in, a roof over her head and – although questionable – company regularly. And then there was that added bonus that the type of guys she picked were usually in a… shadier part of society.

She plucked the blunt from between Andre’s lips, ignoring his annoyed scowl as she planted it between her own and breathed in, allowing the high to slightly mute the thumping of the music around her. She leaned back into the couch, into Andre’s arm that was slung loosely over the back, around her shoulders, in a possessive gesture, and handed the blunt back to him. “Hey, baby,” she muttered, leaning a little bit closer to him and planting a soft kiss against the stubbly skin of his jawline, “I gotta get back to it.” His arm moved down, resting on her waist as he pulled her closer slightly, and she nuzzled automatically into his side. “Aight, girl. Just, eh, don’t hook up with any of these dudes.” She chuckled, planting another sloppy kiss against his jaw, and pulled herself out of his grasp, raising herself up onto the heels she was wearing. “See you in a little bit.

Ey, Noe- uh, Indi!” She halted in her step when the quick footsteps of her manager and his deep voice stopped her from walking into the changing room in the back to touch up her makeup. “Hey, listen. You really have to stop kissing that guy – I don’t care if he’s your boyfriend,” Charlie quickly cut in when she began to protest, “it’ll scare off customers and I don’t want that shit. You wanna make out with him, you do that at home. Not here.” She rolled her eyes, but he ignored it. “Fine.” He brushed past her, but only stopped and turned when he seemed to remember something. “They need you on the stage in five.

When she returned to the VIP-section where Andre still was, his corner was no longer empty. Instead, there were four new people: surprisingly, a woman, and three guys that Noelle didn’t recognize. “Hey, babe,” Andre beckoned her over where he was now sitting amongst the men, and she could see three pairs of eyes flick from her face, to her chest, and then even lower. From the corner of her eyes she could see the woman, the brunette, also staring before she seemed to tear her gaze away when Noelle’s eyes threatened to flick to her. Instead, she walked over, an arch in her hips and her chin up as she sat down next to her boyfriend, who immediately wrapped his arm around her shoulders again. “These are some friends of mine. I know Dominic from work,” his thumb jutted out, in the direction of the man next to him, and Noelle’s lips curled into a playful smile, “and that’s Zeke, Darius, and the lady’s Jaida.

The smile remained on Noelle’s lips as she made eye contact with each of them, winking playfully at the other woman, as Andre smoothly moved into her introduction. “This is, uh” His voice trailed off as he waited for her to confirm whether she wanted him to use her real name or not. “Indigo,” she cocked her head slightly, planting her elbow on the back of the couch as she turned a quarter towards the other four, and her eyes immediately found Jaida’s. “Call me Indi.

Last edited:

atlanta-2-1518823971.jpg

Jxxxx Axxxx Ixxxx Dxxxx A

when i get back, you can hold me
just promise that you'll let go of me
you know that i'll leave you lonely
nowhere to go, everywhere to be...

tumblr_inline_p880o9inMJ1u0e8ku_250.gif

wordxxcount ;; 985

( dominic, zeke, darius )
"Are you sure we're not lost? Because it definitely feels like we're lost..." Jaida hurried forward, hands stuffed deep within the pockets of the black bomber jacket that Dominic had lent to her and pursed her lips in subtle disbelief when the man brushed off her concern. "Would I get us lost?" He swung an arm out and curled it around the girl's shoulders, tugging her closer to him in a playful gesture. "You really want me to answer that?" She furrowed her eyebrows, gripped gently at his wrist and lifted it upward, removing his arm from over her shoulders. He scoffed at her words in mock offense, shoving lightly at her shoulder and causing her to temporarily lose her footing and half-stumble sideways, to which they both grinned. "Girl, I liked you better when you weren't around..." he teased, grinning as she fell back into step with him and walked close enough that their shoulders nearly touched - well, arms considering Dominic's shoulders were considerably higher than Jaida's taking into account their nearly eight inch height difference. Still, physical contact came easy to Jaida and even easier between herself and Dominic even despite the semi-complicated nature of their relationship, which had been on-again-off-again for years.

"When y'all are done flirting you mind telling us where the hell we're going?" A despondent Zeke grumbled from behind them on the sidewalk, his growing impatience clear in the annoyance that had begun to seep into his voice. "I told you, we're going to meet my guy Andre," Dominic explained, to which Jaida listened curiously, sharing Zeke's sentiments over where their night was headed. "He's gonna get us hooked the fuck up!" The bright white of his smile contrasted heavily with the dark that surrounded them and Jaida couldn't help but smile back, taken by the genuineness of the joy that he'd expressed. His eyes shifted toward one of the buildings that they were approaching and he nodded toward it, causing Jaida and the rest of the group to follow his gesture with their eyes. "See? What'd I tell you?"

Jaida's gaze flitted toward the only building that Dominic could've possibly been talking about and a pang of disappointment settled somewhere in the pit of her stomach. The neon lights, the sketchy bouncer at the door - "I know y'all didn't just drag me to a strip club..." Darius and Zeke instantly perked up, adding some pep to their step as they praised Dominic for the "hookup" and excitedly pushed forward, leaving Jaida to steep in her disgruntlement.

Inside wasn't as bad as she'd pictured it. It was undeniably a strip club... but as far as gentlemen's clubs were concerned, this one at least seemed to have some class - as paradoxical as that felt to admit. There were scantily dressed woman all around, but even despite the way that Zeke and Darius had given into their charms and temporarily fallen behind, Dominic had his sights set on the back of the club where Jaida followed him past the bar to a decently sized roped off corner where they were instantly greeted by a man who Jaida didn't recognize but who Dominic introduced to them as Andre, a "friend from work".

They enjoyed a surplus of free drinks once they'd settled on the couches. Dominic quickly fell into conversation with Andre, explaining briefly the circumstances under which they'd met, while Darius and Zeke had taken to listening distractedly while their gazes found the stage. Jaida tossed back a shot - of what, she wasn't sure, but it had a bitter aftertaste - and found her interest beginning to sail adrift until another woman entered the scene. She certainly didn't go unnoticed. All four of the men turned in unison, falling quiet as they took in the sight of her until she moved to find her place under the hook of Andre's arm. Jaida looked as well, certainly aware of the physical appeal that she bore, but appearing much less obvious than her male counterparts and simply smiling her greeting when the woman winked at her.

She listened, semi-transfixed as the woman introduced herself by the name of Indigo and maintained a deliberate degree of eye contact as she looked past the men to Jaida and encouraged them - or just her, she wasn't even sure at this point - to call her Indi instead.

Loosened by the drinks that they'd consumed in the meantime, no one so much as lifted an eyebrow when Jaida fished a blunt from her purse and let it hang from between her lips as she searched for her lighter. She leaned back against the couch, pulling one of her arms over its back while the other moved to light the blunt that was still between her lips. She sucked in a few short puffs until she was certain that it was lit and closed her eyes, letting the smoke fill her lungs before she calmly exhaled, producing a swirling cloud of smoke around her. She'd been blissfully separated from the moment, caught up in her own little world, before she felt a hand reaching toward her. She opened her eyes, eyebrows pinching together as she caught sight of Dominic leaning over the other two with his arm outstretched. "Jai... Can I get a hit?" She didn't move, sucking in another long drag before eventually swatting his hand away.

She stood, giving the illusion of compliance, and sat on the vacant couch across from them - across from Indi, to be more exact - and maintained eye contact with Dominic as she plucked the blunt from between her lips and offered it to the woman instead. "Ladies first..." she teased, gaze only then flitting to meet with Indi's as the blunt exchanged hands. Dominic muttered something quietly in protest, but Jaida paid him no attention, transfixed by the other woman as she calmly and confidently brought the joint to her lips and inhaled.

Last edited:

U5duERUs2aY71udfzrdcvfmhiJt76n2_1680x8400

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 642
Noelle’s eyes slowly met each of the men, keeping eye contact just long enough to remain suggestive without making it weird, and she could feel Andre’s arm loosening around her shoulders as he realized what she was doing. Their relationship had been mostly open as far as that had been concerned; after all, she didn’t necessarily have the most conventional job, and it required some room for play at times. They’d never discussed it, but he’d known what he’d gotten himself into from the beginning and, as long as it didn’t turn sexual with another man – she wasn’t sure what his opinion was on her seeing another girl besides him – he seemed to be cool with just about anything she did, work or not.

Her eyes rested momentarily on Jaida, just long enough to watch her fish a blunt out of her bag and light it, and her gaze followed as the brunette moved spots to the couch across from her, and reached out to hand the blunt to Noelle rather than the friend that had asked for it. She took it between index and middle finger, tucking the filter between her lips and leaning back against Andre’s arm. Just as she inhaled, and her eyes flicked open again, she caught the stare she was receiving from the other woman, and the corner of her mouth pulled up in a playful, knowing smile as she let go of the smoke in her lungs, and it drifted slowly from between her parted lips.

When her head turned back towards her boyfriend, she saw his gaze flicking between the two girls for a moment, before he regathered himself with a shrug and turned back to his friend. Noelle rose from her seat, allowing that swing in her hips to return as she stepped across the empty space and lowered herself on the couch next to the other brunette. While there weren’t a lot of female clients at the club, Noelle never felt she didn’t know how to flirt and work a woman rather than a man, and she automatically relaxed against the couch, adopting the Indigo attitude and holding out her hand with the blunt still pinched between her fingers as she handed it back to Jaida.

Don’t see a lot of girls here, usually,” she shifted slightly, turning partially towards the brunette as she tucked a stray braid behind her ear and her gaze connected with Jaida’s again. “Did they drag you along?” Her head cocked slightly, and her face broke into a smile when Jaida confirmed it. “Hmm, that sucks,” she grinned, the tips of her fingers finding the Jaida’s knee where the rip in her jeans bared her skin, “but I promise you-” she leaned a little closer, her hand moving up to drag her fingertips along the side of the brunette’s neck, “it’ll get better.” Her fingers ghosted inward, against the inside of Jaida’s knee, finding its way onto the jeans and dipping slightly higher.

Babe,” Noelle suppressed a grin when Andre called out, grabbing her attention. She’d noticed his gaze on her and Jaida and she’d known he was going to try and get her attention, and she’d intentionally timed her flirting to be interrupted at the moment Jaida was either going to back off or want more. It was an art, and Noelle could safely say she’d mastered it. She retracted her touch, smoothly moving her hand in to accept the blunt from Jaida’s fingers again, and put it between her lips as she turned towards her boyfriend. “Hmm?” “Can you, eh, get some of your… friends? The boys want some close-up action.” She winked at Jaida as she handed the blunt back to her, before rising to her feet once more and leaving the VIP-section, returning a few minutes later with a few of the other girls.

atlanta-2-1518823971.jpg

wordxxcount ;; 936

( dominic, zeke, darius )
Almost subconsciously, Jaida found her eyes dipping down to stare at the other woman's lips as she took the tip of the blunt between them and released a thick cloud of smoke. They flicked up to her eyes as they drifted open and her heart, though sounding significantly slowed in her inebriated state as it pounded in her ears, thumped harder in her chest as Indi lifted herself from the space next to her boyfriend and moved to sit beside her instead. She half-turned, aware but ultimately unfazed by the four sets of male gazes who had followed the other woman's movement, and calmly took the blunt as it was offered back to her.

With the joint once more tucked between her lips, Jaida nodded and her gaze connected easily with Indi's as she made mention of the fact that women rarely frequented the club, which wasn't surprising seeing as it didn't exactly elude the most female-friendly of atmospheres. But she simply grinned and nodded along in confirmation when the brunette followed up with asking her whether she'd been dragged there by her friends. "Mhmm," her gaze threatened to dip when the woman's touch found her knee, but she kept it staring proudly forward, well aware of the sensation that the connection was stirring within her.

She felt caught in place as the woman's fingers moved to graze against the side of her neck in a slow, teasing gesture that had her fighting against the urge to lean forward with it. She'd become completely disconnected from her surroundings, only able to focus on the woman in front of her until an unexpected male voice send her hurdling back into the present... much to her disappointment. She straightened her posture and inhaled sharply as her gaze flitted to meet with Dominic, who was now giving her a questionable look, and only looked back to the other woman when she plucked the blunt confidently from between her fingers. She pushed the palm of her hand over the top of her forehead and over her hair, which was pulled into a high-sitting ponytail of sorts and offered something of a distracted smile when Indi handed the blunt back to her and stood, temporarily removing herself from the area.

It wasn't until Indigo returned with four other women, three of which who quite promptly paired themselves with each of the men, that she realized what had just happened. A semi-amused grin had found its way onto her lips as she observed the similarities in the way that the women were doting on the men and offering up their gentle touches much as Indi had been with herself only moments earlier and she realized that she'd played right into her act.

Her gaze had found its way to Indigo for a brief time before a notably curvaceous brunette, the fourth woman who she'd returned with, inquired whether or not she could sit with her. She nodded, scooting slightly to invite her into the space next to her despite the way that there had already been plenty of room and found herself mirroring much of the same act that she had with Indi as she offered the brunette what little was left of the blunt and propped her elbow onto the back of the couch so that her arm was slightly behind the other woman but not quite touching her. The group fell back into conversation and short bouts of hearty, drunken laughter quickly filled the space as they shared another round of drinks.

Jaida smiled along as the brunette - Kaia, she thought she remembered her introducing herself as - offered her more of her empty sentiments and allowed the tips of her fingers to graze over the curve of Jaida's jaw, pulling her attention back onto herself as she noticed her gaze beginning to drift absentmindedly toward Indi on the other couch.

It was half past three in the morning when Zeke drunkenly tried to kiss the girl who was sitting half-turned in his lap with her arm curled loosely around his neck, and the group decided that it was time to call it a night. Zeke stumbled as he stood, slurring something about being "fine", and Dominic and Jaida quickly moved to either side of him where they acted as his support. "I'm so sorry," Jaida looked toward the woman who had been sitting with him "I wish I could say that he's not normally like this..." the corner of her mouth pulled downward in an apologetic expression and she reached, somewhat awkwardly as she attempted to continue to act as something for her friend to lean on, to grab her purse from the couch. She managed to loop her fingers around its strap, but as she pulled to lift it, unaware that she'd forgotten to zip it shut, all of its contents went clattering onto the floor.

"Shit...You got him?" Her gaze flitted to Dominic, who nodded in response, and she knelt to gather her things, some of which had slid underneath the couch, and stuff them back into her purse. "Alright, let's get him out of here before he can do any more damage."

They were back at Dominic's apartment a little over an hour later. They dragged Zeke to the couch where he promptly passed out, and Jaida discarded her purse onto the kitchen counter. "Dom?" She inquired, patting her front and back pockets with a questionable expression when she didn't find what she was looking for. "Have you seen my phone?" She called, walking back into the kitchen as she rifled through her purse to no avail.

Last edited:

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 648
Hey, babe,” Noelle’s eyes rolled sideways when she picked up her phone, only having caught onto it ringing after one of the other girls told her her locker had been making noise for the past hour. She was about to tell him that she wasn’t actually supposed to be on the phone during work hours – but for once, just this one time, Andre had a good reason to call. It wasn’t a booty call. For one. “One of Dom’s friends think they mighta forgot their phone at the club. Can you, like, check if it’s there?” She checked her wrist for her watch – only after her eyes met bare skin she realized she was obviously wearing next to nothing and that her watch was in her bag, in her locker, along with the rest of her normal clothes, so she just shrugged. “Yeah, I’ll look. Didn’t see one, though.

After the club had emptied and she’d changed back into her normal clothes, Noelle made a stop by the VIP-lounge, and without having to tell the lounge bouncer what she was after, he reached into his back pocket and pulled out a black Samsung smart phone. “Lookin’ for this?” She grinned, took it from him, and pushed it into her butt pocket. “One of my… clients left it here. Thanks, Malik.” He only nodded, clasping his hands in front of him, and stepped out to the front door.

She slept through the rest of the night, and well into the morning, before Andre kicked her out of bed to go bring the phone to Dom’s house. “I don’t even know where that dude’s house is,” she muttered as she slipped on a loose-fitting sweater and skinny jeans, tucking her braids up into a loose bun and patching up last night’s makeup, before getting Andre’s car keys. “Where this dude live at?” Andre rolled his eyes, throwing the controller from where he’d been sitting on the couch, playing a vapid video game, and pulled his jacket off the hook near the door before throwing it at Noelle. “Lemme drive.

He pulled up near an apartment complex, parking a little way down the street, and locking the car behind them. Andre had possessively wrapped his arm around Noelle’s waist, but as they approached the door of his friend’s apartment, he dropped the arm, as if all danger of her being lured away by someone else had subsided. When the door opened, however, Noelle’s expectations were immediately subverted.

Dominic was the one who answered the door, but the moment he laid eyes upon Andre and Noelle, he moved to let them in and called out over his shoulder. “Jai! Your phone’s here.” From one of the back rooms, the brunette that had shared the room with them the previous night appeared, looking surprised to see Noelle there, but thankful when she pulled the phone out of her back pocket and handed it to Jaida. Noelle tucked a stray braid behind her ear, leaning back against the back of the couch and allowing a playful smile to curl at her lips when Jaida expressed her thanks for returning the phone to her.

Do y’all wanna hang for a bit?

Noelle leaned back against the couch, cigarette propped between her lips as Andre dropped on the couch across from them next to Dom. The two men immediately fell into conversation about work, and Noelle listened along to it for a moment before her attention was being dragged away from it by Jaida, who sat down on the couch next to her. She held the package of cigarettes out to her, eyes following as the brunette took one from the package, pulled the lighter out as well, and lit it, their slowly dwindling lines of smoke playing around each other. “Hope y’all had a good time last night. Even if it wasn’t what you wanted.

atlanta-2-1518823971.jpg

wordxxcount ;; 960

( dominic, zeke )
"Hey, Andre just texted me and said your phone was at the club." Jaida could feel her body relax at the words. The worried tension that she'd built up as she'd rifled aimlessly through the house to no avail slowly began to fall away and she let her shoulders fall in relief, sighing. "Oh, thank god," she breathed, slumping down onto the couch from where she'd been bent over at the coffee table picking through her purse for what felt like the hundredth time. "Can you ask him if they can hold it somewhere until tomorrow so I can go pick it up?" Dominic shook his head, slightly delayed in his verbal response as he stared down at his phone and rapidly tapped out another message. "Nah, it's cool. He said he'd drop it off."

She slept soundly that night, the racing of her mind finally dwindling down at the knowledge that her phone, which had her entire life tied into it, hadn't been lost in the throes of a drunken night on the town. She awoke sometime around midmorning the next day, her head aching an her mouth dry as a result of the alcohol that she'd consumed the night before. She spent most of her morning in the bedroom, only escaping briefly to the kitchen and then to the bathroom to down a glass of water and to style her hair for the day respectively.

She'd been in the process of carefully applying a shade of metallic blue-black eyeliner to her waterline when Dominic called out to her from the other room. "Just a sec!" She replied, leaning away from the mirror and blinking a few times to assess her work. She fussed with her hair for a short moment after that, eventually turning and shutting off the light when she was satisfied with the way she looked. She walked toward the living room, surprised to find not one but two semi-familiar faces waiting for her when she got there: Indi and Andre. She'd expected to see Andre, but Indi's presence had come as a surprise to her and she found her gaze lingering on the woman as she moved to retrieve something from her back pocket.

The ever-lingering knot in her stomach instantly unraveled itself at the sight of her missing cellphone and she moved forward to take it. "Oh my god, you're such a lifesaver..." she breathed out, relieved as she held the phone a little tighter than usual within her grasp. "You have no idea how much I appreciate you bringing this to me." She slumped down onto the couch when Dominic proposed that the two stay for a while and placed her phone near the edge of the coffee table. She listened absentmindedly as the two men fell easily into conversation, gaze only dipping toward Indi when she offered her pack of cigarettes out to her. She took one despite the fact that she wasn't a habitual smoker and propped it between her lips as she lit it, sucking in slowly. The smoke traveled down her throat, burning slightly upon the first hit, and swirled around for a moment before she was blowing it out and away from the other woman's face, grinning slightly when she mentioned the previous night.

"I've had worse nights..." she leaned, flicking the ash from her cigarette into the tray on the coffee table and moved back, curling her leg onto the couch with her and tucking it beneath her. She'd been prepared to continue their conversation when Zeke came trudging out from one of the back rooms, his eyes still looking heavy as he shuffled groggily toward the couch. "'Sup?" He nodded toward no one in particular, his voice still thick from sleep, and plopped comfortably onto the couch next to Jaida, where he propped his chin onto her shoulder.

Her face twisted itself into something of a grimace and, while unbothered by the close proximity in which he'd imposed upon her, the smell that was coming off of him was something else. "Oh - you are loud..." She breathed in, attempting to hone in on the source of the smell before determining that it was, in fact, coming from him. Some stomach-twisting mixture of booze and sweat and smoke. "Get the hell outta here. Go wash that stink off." She shoved playfully at his shoulder and then against his back as he was eventually coaxed onto his feet, grinning as he put up a bit of a fight. His attention then shifted to Indigo and a proud, shit-eating grin pulled up at the corners of his mouth as he was still being pushed away by Jaida. "Hey, listen... you think you could slip my number to your friend from last night?" Jaida rolled her eyes, pausing as he stopped pushing against her. "Zeke-"

"We had a good vibe goin', man... I could feel it." He bit down on his lower lip, aware that it was only a matter of time before he was being forcibly removed from the room. "And that body? Unfff... What a fox." He ducked as Jaida lobbed one of the couch pillows at him and nailed him straight in the side of the chest and finally took the cue to see himself out.

Jaida only turned back toward Indi after she was sure he'd left the room, appearing some mixture of amused and annoyed. "Listen, if y'all want gas money for the drive over here I can go grab his wallet. I got you covered." She offered playfully, cigarette still between her fingers as she ran the base of her palm over her forehead. "I'll even throw in a little extra to make up for whatever that was. I'm not even playin' with you..."

Last edited:

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 629
this is rlly bad but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

andre
Noelle’s eyes followed, cigarette still propped between her lips, as one of the other men from the previous night entered the room and flopped onto the couch besides Jaida, and her head cocked slightly as he rested his chin on Jaida’s shoulder. The moment he did, the woman made a face, and immediately made a face as she was met with the cloud of odor that was wafting off him, something that even Noelle, one or two feet away from them, could smell. Before Jaida could unceremoniously bonjour him out of the room, his gaze found Noelle’s, and she could almost tell what he was going to say by the grin that curled around his lips.

Y’all had a good vibe goin’ ‘cause it’s her job, dude. She don’t want your fuckin’ number.” She rolled her eyes, taking another hit off the cigarette as she watched his hands grab around imaginary hips, bucking his own as he commented on her friend’s physical appearance. Only after Jaida lobbed a pillow at him did he leave the room, and Noelle shrugged, turning back to the other woman after he disappeared through the doorway.

That dude’s wallet? Nah, he looks like he’s broke as hell.” Noelle’s gaze met Jaida’s, and she broke the contact just before she breathed out, allowing the cloud of smoke to swirl calmly in the air as her eyes came to rest on her boyfriend again, who was still in discussion with Dominic. She caught a few words, but was ultimately beyond uninterested in what Andre did for a living. “I’m sure you’re not,” she dipped her chin upward a little, eyes moving across the space to eventually come to rest on Jaida again. There was something about the relaxed posture of the other woman that made it easy to find a spot to rest her eyes, and Noelle inexplicably found her gaze pulling towards her. “But I think your man would, like, come after us, so…

Only a couple days passed before Andre was going to Dom’s place again, hauling Noelle along. The moment they walked through the door did she plop down on the couch next to Jaida as if she’d never been gone, and it earned her little more than a curious look from the brunette, who immediately seemed to get accustomed to it. The third guy, Zeke, was there too, and the three men immediately fell into habit of a subtle dick measuring contest by whatever was on their mind, quickly wearing Noelle out.

Babe, Noe, can you get me my lighter? Is in my jacket.” She tossed him his jacket as she got up, the fabric covering his eyes before he pulled it off his head, casting an annoyed glance in her direction before he realized she was at the door. “Where you goin’?” She shrugged, fishing her own lighter and cigarettes out of her pockets. “Y’all are loud. I’m going for a smoke outside.” He frowned, his eyes moving about the space, wordlessly telling her to stay put before he looked at Jaida, and then back at Noelle. “Yeah, take Jai tho. There’s some sketchy dudes around this place.” Noelle shrugged again, her eyes finding Jaida’s and then gesturing briefly to the door. “You mind?

She followed the brunette out the apartment complex, handing her the package and the lighter as they leaned against the outer wall, loosely holding the cigarette between her lips as she lit it. “Ya think that your man is, like, grown up, but somehow everything still turns into a dick-measuring contest.” She blew out a cloud of smoke, propping her lips slightly in dislike, before her gaze moved to connect with Jaida’s. “Sure hope Dom’s not like that all the time. Or I feel for ya, sister.

atlanta-2-1518823971.jpg

wordxxcount ;; 741

( dominic, zeke )
Andre was beginning to make a habit of spending time around the apartment, it seemed, and with each visit he towed an increasingly apathetic-looking Indigo proudly within the hook of his arm. Dominic greeted the pair as they moved confidently into the space, his attention fixating primarily onto Andre as Indigo wordlessly broke away from her boyfriend to situate herself into the space directly beside Jaida upon the otherwise empty L-couch. She glanced up from where she'd been texting, her legs pulled comfortably onto the cushion, and quickly found her posture relaxing once more after she'd settled into the woman's unexpected but not necessarily unwelcome presence. The two men, quickly accompanied by Zeke who had previously been asleep in the back room, all sat along the perpendicular stretch of the couch and quickly fell into a conversation about "work" that was as loud as it was passionate.

Jaida had been listening along quietly for lack of anything better to do and sat with her knee pulled up toward her chest as she leaned forward and folded her arms on top of it and laid her head upon the crook that they provided, lolling it to the side as she observed their overly-animated gestures. Her gaze followed when Andre asked Indi - only he'd addressed her as Noe, Jaida noticed - to grab his lighter from his jacket pocket and the brunette moved for the door, tossing the jacket somewhat carelessly toward her now-unamused boyfriend.

Her attention was piqued when she heard her name rolling from Andre's lips, volunteering her to accompany Indi while she stepped outside to smoke. Had it been any other situation or not for the fact that she had no investment in the rest of the men's conversation she might've refused, slightly irritated by the fact that she'd been volunteered up so readily, but she nodded when Indigo asked her if she minded, happy to spend a few moments alone with the other woman. She slid her phone into her back pocket, grabbed Dom's jacket from the hook near the door, and lead the way down the building stairwell and out the rear door.

The autumn wind nipped at her skin as she pushed past the door and she pulled the oversized jacket a little tighter over her shoulders as the pair leaned against the outer wall of the building. "I'm good." She shook her head, politely declining the pack of cigarettes that were being offered out to her. Truth was she wasn't much of a smoker to begin with. She'd indulge every once in a while in social settings, but she simply wasn't craving it in this instance. Her lips pulled up at the corner when Indigo fell into a brief rant about the maturity of the men upstairs, her own boyfriend included, and blew out a wispy cloud of smoke before her gaze moved to connect with Jaida's and she offered her condolences for Dominic's - who she could only assume Indigo thought was her boyfriend - behavior.

"Dom's a good guy," Jaida shrugged, less bothered by their male antics than Indi seemed to be. "But we're not a thing," she clarified with a gentle smile, feeling wholly unfazed by the woman's incorrect assumption. "We dated for a minute when we were younger - we tried it a few times, actually... but we make better friends than we do lovers." Her gaze flitted from the woman's eyes down to her hand where she held the cigarette loosely between her index and middle fingers, a thin line of smoke trailing off of it. "What's the story behind you and Andre?" She lifted her brow, moving with a calm confidence as she took the cigarette from the other woman's fingers without asking and brought it to her lips. She sucked in gently, offering it back to the woman after a single hit, and reveled in the warmth of the smoke as it swirled around her lungs before she blew it out again. "You're definitely not with him for his personality," she glanced up with a playful glint in her eye. "He good in bed?" She smirked, trying to narrow down her options, but ultimately left it at that, unwilling to impose herself upon the other woman by prying where she wasn't welcome. "No shame if he is, girl. You gotta get it where you can find it..." She winked, convinced that Indigo had absolutely no problem when it came to finding well-performing partners.

Last edited:

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 599
andre
Noelle’s head cocked slightly when Jaida subverted her expectations, instead informing her that she and Dominic weren’t together. Then how are y’all- She brushed off the questions forming in her mind, distracted by the softness of the smile that the other woman was giving her, and her eyes remained glued to Jaida as she took the cigarette from between her lips and breathed out a cloud of grey-white smoke, listening intently. “Hmm,” she hummed, dipping her head backwards slightly as she brushed a few braids back into place, fingers slightly chilled in the cold winter breeze, “you just seemed so close.

Her gaze followed as Jaida took the cigarette from her fingers, watching as she brought it to her lips and exhaled, before handing it back to her. The butt pressed lightly between her fingers as she took a moment, taking a hit off the cigarette, and biting her lower lip before answering. “Nah, he thinks he’s hot shit in bed but it’s really… nothing special.” She grinned, finding her smile reflected in Jaida as she sought out the other woman’s gaze. “He’s average.

She saw from the corner of her gaze the curious look she was receiving from Jaida, and she flicked the filter of her cigarette, watching as the ash fell to the sidewalk tiles. “I ain’t looking for love. Girls in my… line of work don’t want that kinda thing.” Her gaze moved unabashedly down Jaida’s face, resting briefly on her collarbones, before she brought her eyes up again to meet the brunette’s. “He got money. Might be blunt but it’s true. I’m not broke, but I don’t like to do things by myself and he’s just lookin’ for a nice ass, so… we both find what we looking for.” She shrugged, not at all secretive about the reasons why she chose to date her current boyfriend – or any of the other guys that had filled that role before Andre – and Jaida didn’t seem very fazed either.

Her phone vibrated in her pocket, and when she saw Andre’s name on her screen, she rolled her eyes and picked up, on speaker. “Noe, y’all girls coming back up here?” Noelle frowned at his annoyed undertone, plucking the cigarette from between her lips. “Not with that attitude we’re not. You done with the work shit yet?” She could hear him suck in air through his teeth, a common thing he did when he got annoyed, but she didn’t care. “Nah, girl. Hey, listen… Can y’all get us dinner? There’s this takeout place down the str-” “Am I y’alls assistant now? Get your own fuckin’ food, Andre, and get your lazy ass off that couch. I ain’t getting it for you!” She promptly hung up, only hearing Andre’s voice as he began to speak again, but cut off when the call ended.

She and Jaida smoked together in silence for a few minutes, before Noelle put out her second cigarette on the bottom of her shoe, before gesturing with her head for Jaida to follow. “C’mon. I want some of that takeout.” They walked the street in silence for a moment, Noelle’s hands pushed deep onto the pockets of her skinnies, before they were moving through the doorway of the shady looking Chinese takeaway-restaurant combination. She ordered twice the same thing, for Jaida and for herself, and as she plopped down on the wall-couch next to the other woman, stripping out of Andre’s jacket that she’d borrowed. Only when the other woman addressed her as Indi did she look up. “Ah, nah. Indigo’s my stage name. Call me Noelle.

atlanta-2-1518823971.jpg

wordxxcount ;; 941

the last 5 seconds of this is jaida's gay ass ditching the dudes to follow noelle asdsf;kl i'm wheezing
The corner of Jaida's mouth pulled itself into a half-smile of sorts when Indi commented on the perceived outward intimacy of her relationship with Dominic. "We didn't work out, but it's all love," she smiled at the thought, understanding how lucky she was to have friends like Dominic and Zeke in her life. "We look out for each other... y'know?" Her gaze moved to observe as the woman took the cigarette's filter between her lips and inhaled, commenting with a calm confidence on Andre's performance - or lack thereof as Indi described it as being something less than stellar - in bed. Understanding her plight, Jaida matched the brunette's grin with one of her own, but quickly found her expression shifting into something of curiosity - some unvoiced part of her desiring further explanation - as she began to wonder exactly why she was still with Andre, seeing as it clearly wasn't for the sex.

Indi quickly caught on, and after putting her cigarette out on the sidewalk, delved into a brief explanation behind the reasoning for the unlikely pairing: ...money. Jaida couldn't judge; they both seemed to be getting what they wanted out of the relationship, and as long as no one was being blindsided or taken advantage of without their knowledge she really couldn't find any issue with it. Hell, more power to her for using what she had to get what she wanted...

Her train of thought was interrupted when the woman's phone began to ring and she answered it on speaker. Andre's voice was forefront, but she could hear Zeke mumbling something incoherent in the background, and she grinned when Indigo snapped back at the irritated tone that her boyfriend had used to greet her with, rolling her eyes in unison with the visibly vexed brunette when he requested that they go pick up dinner and bring it to them. He had little time to defend himself, instantly shot down by his girlfriend before she was ending the call and leaning back against the wall with a second newly-lit cigarette propped casually between her lips as if nothing had happened. Shortly thereafter she suggested that the two of them go to the restaurant themselves and Jaida nodded, requiring little more than a second thought before she was following alongside the other woman.

The restaurant was mostly empty and after spending a short spell at the front counter deciding on what they wanted to eat, the pair ventured to the far wall where they found an empty spot upon the couch. Jaida found herself tensing slightly as the other woman moved in easily next to her, briefly reminded of the night that they'd first met, but she quickly pushed the thought away and shimmied out of Dominic's jacket, leaving it pooled somewhere around her hips in a mess of fabric as she leaned comfortably into the couch.

Her gaze flitted to the other woman as she settled comfortably into the space next to her and paused briefly on her hair, of which a few braids had been pushed out of place after the woman had raked her fingers through her hair before she sat down. "Indi-" Jaida paused as the woman turned, informing her that Indigo was in fact her stage name and that she should call her Noelle instead, which explained the way that Andre had addressed her earlier. "Noelle," Jaida corrected playfully, gesturing vaguely toward her own hair with her hand. "You've got a, uh..." the correct words didn't come to her and she simply gestured the woman forward instead, grinning amusedly at her own plight. "Just come here. ...You mind?" She paused, awaiting the brunette's go ahead before she moved to gently adjust the slightly kinked twist in one of her braids and returned it to its correct position flat against the other woman's head. She thought little of the contact, physically comfortable with just about anyone, though a slight tingle presented itself in her stomach, and offered a gentle smile as she gave the woman a final one-over before nodding her approval. "Alright, you're good."

She felt oddly grateful when their brief interaction was interrupted by the man who had been working the front counter bringing them their food. Her gaze almost reluctantly snapped away from the other woman and focused on the thin, dark-haired man to whom she offered a friendly smile and a quick "thank you". The tension that had gradually begun to build up within her began to dissipate as the focus between them was pulled onto something else.

Despite Jaida's ability to feel comfortably at ease around just about anyone, an undeniable tingle had worked its way into the pit of her stomach with every brush of contact she shared with Noelle - intentional or otherwise. They shared a brief conversation, skimming over a number of topics concerning everything from the food to the surrounding area to Andre and Dominic's seemingly newfound friendship, and it was hardly half an hour later before they were gathering their things to leave. Jaida had left some of her food untouched, requesting a box from the front counter, and knowing all too well that Zeke would be appreciative of the extra food in the apartment when he partook in his midnight rifling through the fridge.

"You think they're wondering where we went by now?" She grinned, bag in hand as she stuffed her other hand deep into the pocket of Dominic's jacket. "Or they still up there tryna one-up each other?" The faint beginnings of an amused smile had begun to pull at the corners of her lips, knowing all too well what the answer was even without asking.

Last edited:

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 491
andre
Noelle’s eyebrow raised, cocking her head slightly as Jaida pointed out something that remained unclear to her, gesturing vaguely to the top of her own head but ultimately failing to put it into words as she attempted to make her aware of something. The brunette gave up soon, coaxing Noelle forward, and she leaned in slightly hesitantly, but relaxed when Jaida’s fingers moved over one of the braids in her hair instead and she could feel her adjusting one of them that had evidently moved out of place. Noelle’s lips curled up into a smile when Jaida pulled away, and she winked at her in response, muttering a genuine but quiet thanks as just at that moment, one of the guys who worked the restaurant came to bring them their food.

They continued light conversation during their meal, but Noelle found herself getting slightly tense at the few physical touches they shared. They brushed elbows and fingers multiple times, and she could feel the other woman tensing up beside her as well; sharing this strange tinge of discomfort, but neither of them put it into words.

She just slipped back into her – Andre’s – bomber jacket when Jaida broke the brief silence between them, and Noelle rolled her eyes, though a smile appeared around her lips. “I sure hope they learned how to chill the fuck out,” she muttered, following Jaida out the door, “don’t doubt that Andre’s still goin’ though.” They walked back to the apartment, and Noelle’s hand intentionally brushed the side of Jaida’s a few times, only allowing herself to fall behind as they walked up the building’s stairs to Dominic’s apartment.

Andre and Noelle didn’t stay long by the time they got back to the apartment – it was getting dark outside, and the masculine company Andre had shared had frustrated him… which usually led to sex, and he was suddenly in a hurry to get home. Noelle barely had the chance to put the other woman’s number into her phone when Jaida gave it to her, and they were out the door in no time.

Because of the events that had followed after she’d gotten the other woman's number, Noelle had initially forgotten all about the number saved into her phone, but eventually, she dug it up from where it’d been gathering dust and sent a first, tentative text. It soon escalated into a full-on conversation that had Noelle stuck behind the screen of her phone for a few hours at a time, eagerly replying back to the other woman in a way that she hadn’t expected of herself – and in a way that had Andre annoyed with what she was doing. “Girl shit, huh? Y’all better not be texting some dude, Noe.” She ignored Andre, instead making plans to meet up with Jaida again the next day, a slight tingle in her stomach in response to the plan.

Last edited:

atlanta-2-1518823971.jpg

wordxxcount ;; 849
The pair kept up a leisurely pace as they walked. The short journey back to the apartment was mostly spent in silence, but not necessarily of the uncomfortable variety despite the freshness of their newly-budding friendship (if you could even call it that yet). And in spite of Jaida's usual calm confidence in the presence of friends, acquaintances, and strangers alike, the woman found herself becoming uncharacteristically tense when the side of Noelle's hand would brush against her own in a manner that felt a little too deliberate to be written off as accidental. It threw her through a bit of a loop; she couldn't quite pinpoint what Noelle was trying to arouse from her, if anything at all, - hell, she could be reading too far into this for all she knew - or if this was another one of her mind games like the night they'd met at the club.

She ditched the ever-tangling train of thought the moment they stepped through the apartment door where they were immediately greeted by three pairs of inquisitive eyes moving onto them from the couch. The silence was tense for a moment as the men's conversation had clearly been interrupted by Jaida and Noelle's reintroduction into the space, but, soon after, Andre was the first off of the couch. Apparently having gotten his social fix for the day, the man moved to his girlfriend's side and announced their impending departure. The three men said their goodbyes - Zeke admittedly slightly distracted by the bag of leftover takeout that Jaida had plopped into his lap - and it was just as Noelle and Andre were preparing to move through the door that Jaida thought to give the woman her number. They'd be seeing more of each other, no doubt, and she seemed pretty chill... she figured they might as well make the best of it and get to know each other. So, unbothered by the impatient haste that seemed to have taken hold of Andre, Jaida racked off her cellphone number and gave the brunette a warm smile when she successfully saved it onto her phone, offering what little goodbye she could as Noelle was then ushered through the door.

It was later that same evening when she received the first text. It was a simple greeting, but it quickly blossomed into a full-on conversation between the two women. The words flowed with ease and Jaida found herself grinning down at her screen as she sat with her legs curled underneath her on the couch - unaware of the events transpiring on the screen in front of her anymore after she'd initially sat down to catch up on a TV series - and they made plans to get together again the very next day. Jaida's stomach fluttered excitedly at the prospect, finalizing the place and time, and she remained fairly confident from the speed and content of Noelle's responses that the eager anticipation that she was feeling was mutual.

"I'm here. If you need help finding it let me know... it's kind of a hole in the wall..."

Jaida sat at one of the small tables parallel to the door as she kept a lookout for the other woman, half convinced she wasn't going to show when the clock hit a quarter past their agreed upon meeting time. But just as she was mentally preparing to take her losses and order a coffee to-go, a familiar (and a bit lost looking) figure pushed through the glass door and Jaida immediately sprung up from where she'd been sitting.

"Hey," she chimed, a bright smile instantly coming to her lips even as she took notice to the semi-perturbed look that seemed to have etched itself into the woman's expression; instantly writing it off to the strange location that she'd just dragged her out to. "It's worth the trouble, I promise." She grinned, nodding the brunette to the front counter where the pair placed their order after a bit of deliberation. The young man working the register instantly recognized Jaida and they fell into an easy conversation while he prepared their drinks.

They moved up the narrow, fairy-light-decorated staircase to the second floor where the ceiling-high window at the front end of the room flooded the space with the warm glow of natural light. Bookshelves filled to the brim adorned the south wall and the pair had no problem finding an empty table as they opted for the one nestled comfortably in the corner where they could still look out over the street through the window.

Jaida stirred absently at her drink for a moment before her gaze flitted up to meet with Noelle's. "Dom told me they have a big night planned Thursday," a gentle smile pulled at her lips, widening considerably when Noelle's expression seemed to droop at the sudden reminder - clearly not looking forward to a night out with the boys. "I assume that means Andre's dragging you out with him?" Jaida hid her grin as she pulled the mug up to her face and took a drink, though her subtle amusement remained ever-present in her eyes.

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 401
short but sweet
at least u cant say i didnt reply
also also ill code when im home
till then this is just gon b ugly

andre
The coffee bar that Jaida had picked out for their meeting was tucked away in a quiet corner, among shady businesses in the bustling center of the part of the city where Noelle knew all the shady people did their shady deals; it took her a while to find it, and when she did, she’d nearly given up on it because of how watched she felt walking the streets there. She eventually spotted a door, tucked away at the bottom of a pair of basement steps from outside, clad in an iron wrought fence that had definitely seen better days. She would’ve turned right around at the dark corner the door appeared in if it hadn’t been for the coffee bar’s name splattered across the wood in an artsy way: the same name as Jaida had mentioned in her messages.

She immediately spotted Jaida across the room when she stepped inside, a faint grin on her lips as she approached the table the other woman had picked out. “’A hole in the wall’?” She joked, slipping out of her coat – her own this time – and hung it over the chair across from Jaida's before sitting down. “It’s shady deal-central here.”

Despite her initial discomfort with the surroundings, the coffee house was about as cozy as Jaida had called it, and as they went up the stairs after ordering their drinks Noelle found herself relaxing. Maybe it was the familiar company, or the aesthetically pleasing surroundings, but she almost forgot about the dingy area they found herself in. Conversation almost seemed to come naturally to the two of them, and Noelle had no problem revealing her true colors when it came to the night out Andre had planned with his and Dom's friends.

An annoyed eyeroll she was sure told Jaida enough, but she elaborated on it anyway. “I guess he is… It's just gonna be them getting drunk and hitting on girls.” She shrugged, taking a sip of her coffee as she planted her elbows on the table and leaned into it slightly. “Haven't found a good excuse yet and Andre wants me there for some stupid reason…” Her gaze moved up from the stained wood surface of the table to meet Jaida's eyes, cocking her head slightly. “You're not comin', right? Nah,” she shook her head as the brunette confirmed it, “I think it'll just be me and the boys. Aka babysitting.”

atlanta-2-1518823971.jpg

wordxxcount ;; 574
The gentle hum of conversation could be heard from downstairs after what sounded to be a small group entered the shop. Jaida's hands remained cupped comfortably around the girth of her mug as she listened absently to the sound of the barista greeting the newly-arrived patrons before her attention shifted back to Noelle, whose words had her eyebrows pulling down in disapprobation for what was being said. It wasn't her job to play nanny while the guys got themselves shit-faced... and yet lately that seemed to be all they were doing.

"Nah, screw that," Jaida shook her head and leaned back in her chair. "They're grown; they can take care of themselves just fine." Her gaze worked slowly over the features of the other woman's face as she wordlessly attempted to predict her reaction to the upcoming invitation that she was considering to extend to her. She'd probably appreciate a valid excuse not to spend the night with a group of drunk men as they hopped from club to club... and, judging by how easily conversation was flowing now, it might be nice to get to spend a bit of girl time together; ultimately, she decided to go for it, maintaining her relaxed stature as her gaze moved to meet Noelle's. "I got a few friends coming in from out of town that night and they're throwing a little party, I guess you could call it. They're in a band so they're gonna play some music, pop a few bottles, and just hang out... You wanna come with?" She cocked an eyebrow curiously, a gentle smile beginning to pull at her lips as she observed the visible consideration on the brunette's face. "You know you want to..." Her smile grew into a grin as she spoke in a playful singsong type voice and "walked" her index and middle fingers across the surface of the table for a few inches before her hand found Noelle's and she gripped at it briefly. "It'll be fun," she assured, biting down on her lower lip in playful anticipation until Noelle eventually agreed and she flashed another bright smile.

"Is Andre coming to Dom's place before they head out?" She nodded when Noelle confirmed it, leaning into the table with her elbow while she considered the best course of action. "I'll wait up for you at the apartment and we'll go together so you won't end up alone in - what'd you call it?... 'shady deal central' again," she teased, a playful glint in her eye and a warm grin curling the corners of her mouth. "...It is pretty bad though, isn't it?" She scrunched her nose, though her smile prevailed. "I had a kid trailing me for six blocks tryna get me to buy a gram off him for like thirty bucks before I told him to beat it," she mused, adding an exaggerated flair for desired effect. "We should probably get out of here before he comes back with his friends." She winked, feeling comfortable as they eventually finished their drinks and dwindled their conversation to a close.

Slipping into her jacket, she waited for Noelle to do the same before she was holding the door open for her to step outside; she half-turned toward the barista and called her goodbye before following suit. "Which way is Andre's place? I'll walk with you," she stuffed her hands into her pockets, falling easily into step beside the other woman.

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 655
andre
Tell that to Andre,” Noelle muttered, bringing the cardboard cup to her lips and leaning back in her chair when Jaida told her not to accept something like that. She was quiet for a moment, watching Jaida think and consider something before the other woman broke the brief silence that had fallen between them and suggested something entirely different for the night.

Noelle raised a questioning eyebrow, eyes falling to the surface of the table for a moment before they moved back up to connect with Jaida’s gaze. “I mean, it sounds like y’all are planning to have a better night than me,” she cocked her head, tucking a loose braid behind her ear and crossing her legs under the table. Her free hand, that wasn’t tucked tightly around the warmth of the cup of coffee, was resting loosely on the table and her gaze followed as Jaida’s hand creeped closer, before it gently gripped around Noelle’s fingers, and a tingle immediately shot up her arm. She ignored the feeling, instead raising up her gaze to connect with Jaida’s, and mirrored her grin, before shrugging. “Aight, if you’re sure.

Jaida walked her home, and they ended their brief meetup with a short hug, despite still being relatively unfamiliar with each other. Noelle leaned into the gesture, the previous discomfort she’d felt with the other woman being in physical contact with her fading completely and her arms wrapped loosely around Jaida’s waist, holding her close for a moment before they let go.

The following week passed quickly, and before she knew it, she was finishing her makeup in front of a mirror while Andre urged her to hurry. “I still kinda want you to come along with us instead,” he muttered, his hand on the small of her back as he guided her through their apartment building and into his car, “I dunno… ‘girl night’… what if some dude tries somethin’, ya know?” Noelle shrugged, turning a bit to face him as she pushed the seatbelt key into its slot. “It’s just Jaida’s friends. I don’t think there’s gonna be weird dudes, Andre.” A frown settled between his eyebrows, but he didn’t say anything, but she took note of the tightness of his jaw after that and knew he still wanted her to come with him regardless of what she wanted, but she didn’t let up.

He greeted Jaida with a whole lot less enthusiasm when they eventually stepped through the door into Dom’s apartment, only acknowledging her with a gaze and then turning back to Noelle. “Aight, Imma leave the car up front for you girls…” he tossed her his keys, and she caught them easily, before sitting down on the couch next to Jaida, who’d been sprawled out horizontally before. “Don’t do anything stupid, Noe.

The door slammed behind him, and Noelle’s gaze moved from it to Jaida, before shrugging dismissively. “Fuckin’ dudes. And they call us drama queens.” She straightened herself out, fidgeting slightly with the car keys. “Are you ready to go?

Finding the address was easier said than done. They seemed to circle through the same two neighborhoods for a good half hour before eventually settling on a parking spot in an emptier street – but not after being hailed over by a shady dude with a parking lot who suggested they park there for ten bucks; Jaida didn’t seem to see the problem, but Noelle was out of there quicker than the guy could lower the price. It was getting later into the year, and although there wasn’t any snow, Noelle’s thin tights didn’t do much to keep the cold out, and it wasn’t long until she was shivering as they walked through the neighborhood. “Shoulda parked in that other street. It seems like that one was a lot closer to wherever you’re taking me,” she grinned, though her teeth were clattering slightly as she pulled her coat tighter around herself.

atlanta-2-1518823971.jpg

wordxxcount ;; 794

ps i figure her hair is something like this
"Andre wants to know where you're takin' his girl," Dominic muttered disinterestedly from his spot slumped against the couch cushions, phone in hand and his face buried in the screen. Jaida rolled her eyes - it's not like he was watching anyway - at what felt like the hundredth attempt to pry information since she'd extended the invitation earlier that week. Was he really that insecure? That untrusting? She suddenly felt for Noelle.

"His girl has a name," she countered bluntly, "and I already told you we're just gonna go catch up with some old friends of mine. I asked her if she wanted to come and she said yes, so Andre's just gonna have to deal." She shrugged, refusing to delve any further into the subject. He'd be at the apartment later that afternoon; if he had a problem he could bring it up to her directly. Dominic paused, glancing up at her briefly before looking back down.

"...I ain't tellin' him all that." She spied the stifled grin that was pulling his lips upward from the corner of her eye and smiled with him, falling back into the comfortable silence that had previously surrounded them as he typed out his - presumably censored - response.

Andre, it seemed, had no intention of confronting her when he finally arrived with Noelle later that afternoon. His gaze barely skimmed over her, an intentional (and hardly subtle) display of his disapproval for Jaida and the situation, but she thought little of it as she sat up from her position sprawled comfortably across the couch and made room for Noelle. She had to fight to hide the obvious grimace that threatened her expression when Andre warned his girlfriend not to "do anything stupid" during her night out without him, but quickly found her guard dropping once he was out the door, slamming it behind himself for good measure.

She lifted her eyebrows in a playful display of feigned shock when Noelle's gaze sought out her own in response to Andre's attitude and popped her lips in thought when she asked her whether or not she was ready to go. "Hold up-" She sprung from the couch and rifled through the fridge for a moment, reappearing with a six-pack with one missing and a bottle of booze that she figured must've belonged to one of the boys. "Alright, let's go."

Flagging down the house proved easier said than done. They spent nearly twenty minutes circling the neighborhood in Andre's car and, even after they'd successfully pinpointed the party's location, finding a place to park turned out to be an even more difficult task. They eventually agreed upon an empty neighborhood a few streets away - following a mild disagreement regarding the legitimacy of a nice enough looking man running a dimly-lit parking lot that was within much closer proximity to their destination - and made the chilly walk to the correct address, booze in hand. "It's not too bad," Jaida shrugged, arguably more appropriately dressed for the weather than her counterpart. "Just gotta remember where we parked..." She quickly glanced toward the nearest street sign, making a mental note.

The greeting they received at the door was warm. Jaida was met with a flood of hugs before she could even step through the threshold, but made a point to introduce Noelle in a timely manner despite the way that she was itching to delve straight into conversation with her old friends. She briefly placed her hand on the small of the other woman's back and encouraged her forward when they were invited inside. The party was downstairs and they descended to a nice enough looking half-finished basement with string lights hanging from the ceiling and low, mellow music playing over the speakers. A haze of smoke met them halfway down the stairs and they hardly had time to sit down on the tattered couch before they were being offered a hit off of a joint in exchange for the drinks that Jaida had towed along with her.

Jaida leaned back, the joint pressed between her lips, and closed her eyes as the smoke filled her lungs. She turned slightly, offering it out to Noelle when she noticed the way that her arms were still wrapped tightly around her chest. "You still cold? ...Here -" She slipped out of her own jacket without hesitation and draped it around the other woman's shoulders. Her hand followed suit, curling comfortably behind the brunette's back to rub gently at the side of her bicep in an attempt to warm her up. She thought little of the touch, subconsciously aware of the subtle tingle that she still felt in Noelle's physical presence, but remaining comfortably at ease as they sat side by side and passed jokes between her friends.

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 697
andre

The moment they stepped through the door, the cold that Noelle had felt creep into her bones faded, yet somehow it persisted. Her coat was cold, too, not doing a very well job at keeping her warm, and the cold was difficult to shrug off. She found herself shivering even as they moved through the apartment into the basement below, and they ended up on the couch next to each other. The booze Jaida had provided them with seemed to be appreciated, and in return, the other woman had a joint pushed into her hands, which she eagerly tucked between her lips while Noelle watched with a curious, slightly entranced interest.

Jaida seemed to catch on to the still slightly shivering state that Noelle was in, and she immediately stripped out of her jacket and wrapped it around her shoulders, wrapping an arm around her in a way that was inviting enough for Noelle to loosely lean into the other woman. She took the joint from the other woman’s fingers, finding the calmness to lean the side of her head against Jaida’s shoulder, and blew out a cloud of smoke that they both watched dissipate in the air in front of them for a moment.

A few minutes passed, and Noelle found herself gradually warming up thanks to the extra layer of clothing, along with Jaida’s body heat. Jaida’s arm was slowly inching up, from resting around her back to resting over her shoulders, and Noelle immediately relaxed into the touch as the other brunette leaned back into her. It was almost reassuring, calming, to have someone so close to her – Andre had never been a fan of cuddling and while Noelle couldn’t say she needed it or craved that physical connection – aside from the obvious that Andre did participate in – it was nice enough to feel that physical proximity with someone else for just a moment. Jaida’s touch was soft, warm, and inviting, and it was, at that moment, everything Noelle needed, so she rested her head on Jaida’s shoulder and took another hit off the joint, before handing it back to her.

As time passed, and both of them lost their edge and the air got more relaxed and easy, the two of them slowly got more entwined as they leaned against the back of the couch together. Noelle’s face found its way into Jaida’s neck, and Jaida’s hand curled loosely around Noelle’s knee. She felt comfortable there, but each time the brunette shifted and she became aware again of how close she was, something tingled in her stomach – a feeling she couldn’t quite place.

Hmm,” she snuggled her face into Jaida’s neck, the booze she’d had and the joint already messing up her speech slightly, “you smell nice.” The other brunette’s face moved down to look at her for a moment, and then Jaida was pressing her cheek against Noelle’s head, leaning back into her and getting comfortable in their physical proximity. She remained there shortly, only pulling away from her comfortable spot snuggled into Jaida’s side when she had to go to the bathroom.

She was just on her way back when she was stopped straight in her tracks by someone stepping right in front of them: she moved aside so that he could pass, but he instead just looked at her with this grin, and she could feel her stomach dropping as she realized what was about to happen. “Hey, girl. I ain’t seen you here before.” He just stupidly smiled along, obviously waiting for her to blurt out the reason behind their belated meeting, but she didn’t say anything. “My name’s Red. Me ‘n Jai were friends way back when. …So, uh” he muttered when he failed to get a reaction from her, unable to hide the slightly uncomfortable look on his eyes when he realized he was unable to coax any sort of response from Noelle’s lips, "can I get you something to drink?" Her gaze instead moved through the room, finding Jaida’s, and she shot her a glance that screamed she needed to be rescued from her current precarious position near a flirty guy she wasn’t interested in.

Last edited:

atlanta-2-1518823971.jpg

wordxxcount ;; 730

this fizzles into a whole lot of nothing, but whatever i'm tired lol
Disengaged from the rest of the party aside from the small circle of people who sat gathered around the couch calmly passing around a joint, Jaida ran her thumb against the side of Noelle's knee absently while the woman nuzzled her face into her neck. What had started as an attempt at warming the smaller of the two up after their walk from the car in the late-autumn cold had resulted in them becoming comfortably intertwined. Jaida found comfort in the tranquil nature in which they found themselves tangled upon the couch, and - though it was possible that her actions had been encouraged by the booze or the weed or some combination of the two - it didn't seem bold to assume her notion was shared by Noelle.

Jaida was only half-listening when one of her friends delved into some lackluster story about their past that had been funny the first few times she'd heard it, but had since fallen flat. Noelle stirred beside her, humming quietly as she snuggled closer into the space at her side, and commented on the scent of her perfume. She hesitated, glancing down at the borderline-inebriated woman, but eventually tilted her head into the touch.

She quickly found herself missing the close proximity in which they'd spent the majority of their evening when Noelle eventually moved away to find the bathroom, leaving the space at her side feeling exceptionally empty. She'd been gone less than ten minutes when Jaida's gaze began to wander and, by chance, came to fall upon a notably uncomfortable looking Noelle being chatted up by a man who remained blissfully ignorant to the fact that his advances were neither desired nor welcome. Noelle's gaze connected with her own, silently calling out for help, and Jaida made no hesitation in excusing herself from her spot upon the couch, maintaining her calm and collected presence as she moved toward the pair.

"...Red? Is that you?" She called out in feigned surprise, a broad smile tugging at the corners of her mouth as she swung an arm around the man's shoulders and pulled him close. He put on something of a smile as he stumbled sideways and his side collided ungracefully with Jaida's, clearly thrown off of the game he'd crafted so perfectly for Noelle. "I see you met my friend," she gave a quick nod toward Noelle. "Whatchu guys talkin' 'bout? Oh - oh... did you tell her about that time at Reggie's?" Her grin widened, encouraged by the slight frown that was now pulling between the man's eyebrows. "Shit, man, you didn't tell her?!" She glanced toward Noelle with a mischievous glint in her eye. "So we're at this old diner-type place called Reggie's - this was like five... six years ago? - and this guy--"

"Aight... aight... she don't wanna hear all that nonsense," Red broke in - just as she predicted he would - and sidestepped, removing himself from her friendly grasp. "I'll catch you around," his defeated gaze lingered on Noelle for a moment. "You too, Jai..."

Jaida broke into a proud grin as he moved away and she reclaimed her spot at Noelle's side. "I'll spare the details, but he got wasted and broke his ankle and cracked a few ribs trying to climb the dumpsters on the side of the building to get to the roof. Busted himself up pretty bad. We spent the night in the hospital and it turned out he wasn't even high; it was like crushed sugar and cornstarch that he'd been snorting all night." She grinned and turned, dropping the subject as she nodded toward the couch. "C'mon," she beckoned for her to follow and navigated easily through the sparse crowd of people.

It was after two in the morning when they decided to leave. The evening air had gone from chilly to downright freezing in the meantime, but neither of them seemed particularly bothered by the harsh temperature change in their impaired states. Noelle stumbled on the edge of a misaligned sidewalk tile and Jaida laughed as she grabbed onto her arm to catch her and didn't let go, grasp loosening, as they continued to walk. "Girl, are you sure you're good to drive? I think the buses are still going for like half an hour; there's a stop not far up the street." She pointed in the general direction as they moved toward the car.

Last edited:

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 730
andre
It took Jaida maybe ten seconds to start moving from the moment Noelle had shot her the desperate glance over the guy’s shoulder, and before she knew it, Jaida was right there, pulling the guy’s attention off Noelle with a good bout of feigned surprise – Noelle wasn’t sure if Red realized that Jaida was bullshitting, but she’d spent enough time around the other woman to properly learn the ability to read her face and Jaida was not being very genuine right now – and wrapped her arm around the man’s shoulder, tugging him closer to her. Immediately, he dropped his interested glances at Noelle and his face twisted into something of discomfort, which he didn’t drop even as Jaida immediately delved into a conversation that quickly turned into a story that he obviously didn’t want shared.

He lifted Jaida’s arm off his shoulders, ducking out from underneath her grasp and shooting Noelle a glance, muttering a goodbye to both of them before quietly excusing himself from the conversation and merging back with the crowd.

Jaida moved back to her side, and in a burst of confidence, Noelle’s arm wrapped around her and her hand rested lightly on the other woman’s hip. Jaida tensed, then relaxed, and Noelle let out a breathy laugh at the story she told her – the one Red obviously hadn’t wanted to share, which she now understood – and shook her head slightly. “All guys are stupid,” she proclaimed, loosening her grasp at Jaida’s hip as she followed the other woman back to the couch.

She nuzzled back into the other woman’s side, reveling in Jaida’s body warmth as she settled against her once more. She barely followed the conversation, becoming too intoxicated to do anything but hang against the other woman as it got later and later at night, Jaida eventually coaxing her off the couch to go home. She managed to put on her coat, stumbling slightly as she followed the brunette back up the stairs and through the door outside. Despite how it hadn’t gotten any warmer since they gotten there, Noelle didn’t feel cold anymore, rather warmed by the alcohol and drugs coursing through her system.

She almost tripped over a tile, only managing to catch herself because of Jaida’s reflexes immediately catching onto her arm to keep her on her feet, and she brushed the brunette off. “HmmmI’m fine,” she muttered, despite how she was now leaning heavily into the other woman. Jaida didn’t buy into her little act, and it wasn’t long before she turned the two of them around and they walked the other way. Noelle took advantage of it by leaning into Jaida, remaining close to her as she held onto the other woman supposedly for stability, but also just to be close to her.

Waiting for the bus seemed to last an eternity for her inebriated mind, but she didn’t care much as they stood there together, Noelle’s complaints of having cold hands eventually earning her Jaida’s hands loosely grasping around her own. When the bus eventually arrived, Noelle leaned into Jaida again as they found a seat, nuzzling into her neck and closing her eyes for a moment. A tingle moved through her stomach and the amount of alcohol coursing through her system and the physical proximity to the other woman gave her just enough confidence to slowly press her lips against Jaida’s neck, and she did it a second time before sighing and resting her head on the other woman’s shoulder.

She hadn’t realized she’d fallen asleep until Jaida was shaking her awake to get off the bus, and she sleep-drunk and alcohol-drunk stumbled after the other woman, who moved into the apartment. The guys hadn’t gotten home yet, and Noelle suddenly felt fatigue set in her muscles as she settled against Jaida on the couch. “Hmm,” she muttered, head lolling forward slightly as she leaned into the other woman, “’wanna go to bed…

Jaida helped her out of her clothes, and into some shorts and a top that she’d borrowed off the other woman, and she reached out to the other woman until she crept into bed with Noelle, who immediately moved to snuggle against her. She managed to sleepily press another kiss against the side of Jaida’s neck before their shared warmth and the regular, even rhythm of Jaida’s breath sent her into a deep sleep.

atlanta-2-1518823971.jpg

wordxxcount ;; 1,207

i so broke our short post rule with this one lmaooo i'm sorry i love writing her
Jaida, who appeared much more capable of holding her liquor, remained skeptical when Noelle barely managed to slur out a mumbled reassurance that she was sober enough to drive them home. "...No, you're not," she countered, wholly unconvinced, and used the gentle grasp that she still held on the woman's arm to her advantage as she swung them both around and began to walk in the opposite direction, toward the bus stop she'd mentioned to her. "Come on. Let's go before we miss the last bus and have to sleep in the car." She grinned, unbothered as Noelle began to lean heavily into her side while they walked, something she might've believed was solely for the purpose of maintaining her balance had it not been for the way that her grasp was hanging loosely around her wrist.

They sat angled toward each other, knees touching, as they waited for the bus to arrive. The glass structure that surrounded the lone bench that sat within did little to keep out the cold and it wasn't long before Noelle was complaining of its effects. With a gently spoken encouragement, Jaida took Noelle's wind-chilled hands into her own, cupping her own around them and gently wrapping her fingers over the backs of Noelle's while keeping them nestled comfortably near the other woman's lap while they waited. The smaller brunette only pulled one of her hands free when the bus hissed to a stop in front of them and Jaida took the invitation to curl her fingers loosely around Noelle's palm - again, under the guise of keeping her balanced - and guided her onto the bus where they found an empty seat.

The bus was pleasantly warm - enough to have Jaida feeling sleepy as the engine roared to life and hummed all around them as it rolled away from the stop - and she leaned into the touch as Noelle nuzzled her face against her neck much like she had on the couch at the party. Her hand found Noelle's knee and her thumb grazed absently at its side as the brunette stirred beside her, catching her completely off guard as her chin tilted upward and her lips connected with the side of her neck. A wave of warmth flared up inside of her and a distracting, but comfortable ringing started up in her ears as the woman brought her lips to her neck a second time before settling comfortably at her side and Jaida swallowed, surprised, but not necessarily perturbed by the sudden shift in affection between them.

She turned when the bus pulled to a halt at the last stop of the night and gently shook Noelle's shoulder. "Hey," she murmured, gently brushing away a stray braid that had fallen in front of her face. "It's time to get off." She led the way as the pair finished their journey to the apartment with a short walk through the unlit parking lot and ascended the stairs. They settled comfortably onto the couch and it wasn't long before Noelle was leaning into her once more - heavier this time - and commenting that she was ready to go to bed; since there was no telling when the guys would be home from their late-night escapades, Jaida obliged her and took her to the bedroom where she helped her change out of her clothes and into something more comfortable. Jaida followed suit, discarding her street clothes for a pair of sweats and a tank top before climbing into bed with the brunette. Noelle - still feeling the effects of the alcohol - immediately snuggled closer to her and, once more, brought her soft lips to Jaida's neck, sending a dull wave of warmth coursing through the other woman's veins. She became tense against her, swallowing, but eventually settled into the gentle touch and allowed her fatigued mind and body to carry her off to sleep.

"Jai--" a quiet voice hissed from the side of the bed. "Jai, what the fuck?!" A hand pushed at her shoulder and the brunette pried her eyes open, blinking against the light that was coming in from the hallway as her tired gaze settled upon the masculine figure that stood at her bedside. Dominic. "Where the fuck is Dre's car?" Becoming increasingly impatient in the lack of response he was earning from the brunette, he watched as her eyebrows pinched themselves together in confusion and she brought the back of her hand to her forehead, mumbling out a quiet "Huh?" as she gazed up at him through the darkness with tired eyes. "Get up..." he curled his fingers gently around the girth of her bicep and lifted her, his soft grasp remaining there as he pushed at her shoulder so that she was turned toward him. "Where did you leave Dre's car?" He spoke in a low voice, whether not to wake Noelle who was still sound asleep at her side or to prevent Andre from overhearing their conversation, Jaida wasn't sure... but she was fairly confident that it was the latter.

"Oh - oh shit, yeah... Uh, we, uh, left it at the party..." She responded groggily, her voice thick with sleep. "Noe wasn't good to drive, so we had to take the bus home." Her explanation earned an irritated sight from Dominic and he shook his head, popping his lips as he let go of her shoulder and stepped away from the bed to consider his options. "Chill out, dude. I'll tell you where it is and you guys can go pick it up."

He clenched his jaw. "Fine. Wake her up. Dre's ready to go and he's gonna be pissed when he finds out y'all got drunk and dumped his ride somewhere."

Jaida shook her head, waving him off as she moved to settle herself back into the bed. "Y'all are gonna have to drive back and forth... She's already asleep; just tell him I'll take her home in the morning." Dominic hesitated but ultimately thought twice of arguing with her further and saw himself out with a sigh and a quiet click of the door as he pulled it shut behind him. She could hear the conversation on the other side of the door - Andre's raised but controlled voice at the presumed news that his car had been left in an unfamiliar neighborhood for the night - but had no trouble drifting back to sleep beside Noelle.

She awoke well after the sun had begun to peek between the slats in the blinds, a contented sigh passing through her lips as she stretched her hands above her head and blinked her eyes open. She'd almost forgotten she'd fallen asleep with Noelle in her bed until the back of her hand brushed against the still-sleeping woman's arm and she lolled her head to look at her. She was quiet, peaceful and - though a bit messier looking than usual - there was something captivating about seeing her in such a tranquil state. Her usual edge was lost under the blanket of sleep and she appeared much softer and much more vulnerable than Jaida was used to seeing her. The brunette remained there a short while longer, quietly admiring her, before she moved out of the bed and into the kitchen to make breakfast.

Last edited:

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 660
andre
Nothing – not even Jaida and Dom’s shushed argument, however quieted down, not even Andre’s muffled anger from behind the door or the steady movement of people in and out of the apartment that night – could wake Noelle from the deep, most fulfilling night’s sleep she’d had in months. Andre’s bed was messy, with clothing strewn between the sheets and her feeling gross and sticky most nights after he’d fucked her and promptly passed out, and the mattress was practically stone-hard. The fan was on, even on the colder nights, the sheets were thin, and their street tended to be crowded with party junkies and shady types in the middle of the night. No, Noelle much preferred the quiet, warm bed that Jaida had offered her that night – maybe including the soft woman’s body that she’d found in it to cuddle with.

When she eventually stirred from her sleep, it took her a good minute to figure out where she was and how she’d gotten there behind the pounding headache of her hangover. The bed was unfamiliar, the sheets were unfamiliar, the room was unfamiliar – but the smell that was embedded in the pillow and the sheets and the clothes that were folded over a nearby chair were hard to miss. She could smell Jaida’s perfume, the conditioner she used, and her body on the bed, and she snuggled her face into the pillow, breathing in deep the familiar scent that somehow felt like she’d known it for years. It was only after she’d lifted her face off the pillow that she realized Jaida was no longer in the bed with her. The other half was cold; indicating that it had been a little while since she’d left.

With little recollection of how they’d gotten home the night before, Noelle managed to drag herself out of bed and step through the bedroom door, immediately squinting against the brighter light in the living room as she pressed the back of her hand against her pounding forehead. “Oh, God,” she muttered, drawing the attention of the other woman who was standing near the kitchen counter, “how bad was I last night?” The tiles felt cold under her bare feet, but she moved into the kitchen anyway, opening random cupboards in search of a glass or mug with her eyes half squinted closed against the light. She poured herself a glass of water, attempting to subvert the headache caused by dehydration, sat down at the kitchen table with her pounding head in her hands. Only when Jaida shifted, reaching for something from a cupboard, did Noelle look up. “What are you even doing?

She shifted into the space behind Jaida, feeling confident and familiar enough with the other woman to wrap her arms around the brunette’s waist. She pushed on her toes, resting her chin on Jaida’s shoulder and watching as she stirred something tan-ish that looked like batter in a bowl, and a puffy, concentrated frown took place on her face. She couldn’t see anything indicating what the batter was for – aside from the obvious ingredients scattered around the kitchen, but Noelle wasn’t a kitchen princess and didn’t even know how to boil an egg – so she pushed a little higher and cocked her head against Jaida’s for a moment, before pulling away. “What’s that for?

Jaida was ushering her out of the kitchen without even answering her questions, and Noelle begrudgingly went back into the bed, closing her eyes and attempting to redirect her focus away from the pounding of her head. Before she even noticed herself getting cozy under the warm sheets, she was back asleep. Only to be woken up what felt like minutes later by an arm slinging itself over her side as Jaida shifted closer to her, snuggling her face into Noelle’s shoulder. “Hmm?” She shifted, rolling onto her back and cracking one eye open to look at the other woman, remaining pressed close to her. “Breakfast’s ready.

Last edited:

tumblr_pcueodbH6X1qj22yno6_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pcueodbH6X1qj22yno5_r1_400.png

wordxxcount ;; 936

sean (put a shirt on, sean!!)
this sucks but yeah
Rifling through the cabinets and in the mood to bake, Jaida settled on a simple coffee cake for breakfast once she was confident she had the ingredients she'd need to make it. She brewed herself a pot of coffee first, pouring a mug until it was a little over halfway full and finishing it off with a healthy helping of creamer, and sipped sparingly at it between measurements. She'd been in the middle of mixing her dry ingredients together when a quiet, groggy voice sounded from the hallway. "Good morning," she sidestepped, moving out of the way while Noelle rummaged through the cabinets for a moment before pulling down a glass and moving to the sink to fill it with water. "Um," she thought, smiling absently as she continued to stir. "You didn't do anything too embarrassing if that's what you're worried about, but you did hog the blankets all night..." She responded without turning around and lifted herself onto her toes to pull the baking powder that she'd forgotten down from one of the higher shelves, earning the attention of Noelle's curiosity.

The brunette moved into the space behind her and Jaida nearly sighed into the touch when she curled her arms gingerly around her waist. She felt a chin prop itself upon her shoulder and quietly breathed in the scent of Noelle's faded perfume, intentionally ignoring her curious prodding as she questioned what she was making and only allowing her to stay there a moment longer before she was politely shooing her out of the kitchen so she could finish.

Happy enough with the finished product of her labor, Jaida set it out to cool and slipped into the bedroom a little over half an hour after she'd ushered her away and climbed back into bed with Noelle, who was now sound asleep. She shifted closer on the mattress, arm slinging comfortably over the woman's side, and nuzzled her face into her shoulder, breathing in deeply and quietly stirring the woman from her light sleep. "Breakfast's ready," her soft gaze flitted up to connect with Noelle's as she rolled onto her back and she remained nestled close with her arm extended over the curve of the other woman's hip and stomach.

They ate breakfast together, shortly thereafter joined by Dominic and Zeke, and spent most of the early afternoon together before Jaida took Noelle - or rather accompanied her on the bus ride to Andre's apartment - home. Their goodbye was brief, with the knowledge that they'd be seeing each other again at the club the following evening, but Jaida still found herself missing the other woman's presence as she returned to Dominic's place alone.

Opting to put more time into her appearance the following night, Jaida accompanied Zeke and Dominic to the club in a beige, form-fitting dress that hugged the gentle curve of her waist. She pinned her hair up, donned a golden-copper wrist cuff, and a comfortable enough pair of heels that she was confident she'd be able to handle wearing for the duration of her night out. Noelle had another forty-five minutes to go before her first break when they arrived and, while the men all gathered in the VIP section, Jaida headed to the bar for a drink.

Slipping the $20 that Dom had given her from her purse, she moved to hand it to the bartender when a broad, muscular arm gently ushered her hand away. "What's your poison?" Her gaze moved up the length of the now-lowering arm to meet with a pair of dark, soulful eyes. She was instantly captivated, pulled into those warm, mysterious eyes as their owner flashed her a charming smile. "If I could be so lucky as to buy a girl as fine as yourself a drink." He put a little growl into the word "fine" and his perfect teeth gleamed - the kind of smile you couldn't help but respond to - and contrasted heavily with the darkness of his beard when Jaida replied with her drink order. The pair spent a good deal of time at the bar talking - er, flirting - until the brunette happened to glance over to where she'd left her friends and spotted Noelle amongst the small gathering of men. She was torn at first, curious to see where this could go while also yearning to - at least - say hi to Noelle, and eventually opted for a risky decision that she knew Dominic wouldn't appreciate.

"Follow me," she let her fingers trail along the length of his forearm and grasp loosely at his wrist as she guided him away from the bar, but ultimately dropped the contact before the pair approached the VIP section where eyes were almost immediately upon them.

She could feel Dom's eyes on the larger man, but hesitated in her introduction as she first moved to greet Noelle with a hug before acknowledging the elephant in the room. "Guys, this is Sean," she began, "Sean, this is Noelle, Dom, Andre, Zeke, and Darius." She introduced the small group starting with who was positioned closest to her and rolled her eyes when she spotted the disgruntled, territorial expressions that had embedded themselves in Dominic and Andre's faces. "Y'all are bringing girls in here left and right," she began, calmly guiding Sean toward the back of the space with her. "You don't get to say shit." She sat on the rear couch, settling somewhat comfortably near Sean's side as he curled his arm over the back and his hand rested against her shoulder and conversation resumed, though notably more tense than it had been in the additional male presence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back