• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern there's nothing better

tumblr_inline_p7hu33RvFx1sccn28_250.gif

tumblr_pbx9bkqFoD1qj22yno1_1280.png

N!!!!!O!!!!!E!!!!!L!!!!!L!!!!!E
dividers-R1-rough-grey.png

it's like i'm powerful with a little bit of tender
an emotional sexual bender
mess me up, yeah, but no one does it better
there's nothin' better

tumblr_pbx9bkqFoD1qj22yno2_1280.png

tumblr_npgd0jGv561qkfj6po1_250.gif

wordxxcount ;; 495
andre
By the time Noelle entered the VIP section, mid-shift, all the guys had already gotten there. Her gaze moved around the space for a moment, looking for Jaida, but as she couldn’t find the other woman she simply settled under the crook of Andre’s elbow, and allowed the conversation to take her attention. “Do stripper girls ever get boring, Dre?” Dom’s gaze rested briefly on Noelle, sending her a ‘no offense’ look, before his focus came to rest on Andre. “Stripper girls? Man, naw.” He leaned towards Dom with a grin on his face, as if he was telling something secretive, but Noelle could still hear him. “Just, eh, gotta watch out she don’t run off with another dude, if y’all know what I’m sayin’.

Noelle’s eyebrows furrowed, and she leaned away from him to look him in the eye. “Bitch, you callin’ me a hoe?” “Naw, babe,” his arm folded over her shoulders again and he pulled her back into his side, “not you. You’re the exception.” “Whatever, man.

It was only minutes after Noelle joined that Jaida suddenly showed up, with a tall, dark man in tow, who immediately got stared down by all the guys. Noelle’s eyes trailed too – damn, he sure had a nice ass – before Andre elbowed her in the side and she quickly tore her gaze away. Even when she went back on break did she notice the immediate rivalry between the new guy – Sean – and the four men cluttered together in the VIP section. “Hey, babe,” he pushed closer to her when she came back for her second break, more touchy than he usually was, “I want a lap dance.” She pulled back slightly, eyebrow pulled up as she looked at him. “I mean, you don’t have to pay for that, baby. I can get you a free one at home.

He shook his head, eyes moving from her gaze down to her chest, and then flicking across the space in Sean’s direction. “Naw. I want you to do it here, right now. That dude’s been lookin’ at you.” “What?” “I’ll pay you, aight? Just-” “Nah, Andre. That dude’s been lookin’ at Jai all night-and she at him-he ain’t lookin’ at me. I’m outta here ‘till y’all chill out.” She couldn’t deny the pang of disappointment, of jealousy, maybe, even, as she laid eyes on the other woman talking to this guy, not even sparing Noelle a glance as she got up and left the section, but she wrote it off to Andre being a jealous idiot for the time being.

Noelle received Jaida’s text for help a week later, and with her entire inventory of make-up and hair products she let Andre drop her off at Dom’s place. “So what’s the deal?” She moved after the brunette into the bathroom, ushering her down onto the edge of the bathtub as she ran her fingers through Jaida’s poofy hair. “You got a hot date or somethin’?

tumblr_pcueodbH6X1qj22yno6_r1_1280.jpg

Jxxxx Axxxx Ixxxx Dxxxx A

tumblr_pcueodbH6X1qj22yno5_r1_400.png

when i get back, you can hold me
just promise that you'll let go of me
you know that i'll leave you lonely
nowhere to go, everywhere to be...

tumblr_inline_p880mcThJB1u0e8ku_250.gif

wordxxcount ;; 1,052

sean (put a shirt on, sean!!)
"Fuck that," Dominic scoffed, "he wants to take you out so bad he can drive his ass over here. I ain't dropping you off nowhere." He shook his head, visibly agitated despite his fruitless attempt at masking it, and his gaze landed on Jaida. "What's this guy do anyway? He got a real job, or he just hang around the club pickin' up chicks all night?"

Jaida, who was initially bemused by this sudden shift in character, couldn't help but smile when she realized that this seemingly unprompted outburst had been catapulted into what it was now by nothing more than a bout of jealousy. "You know what, imma let you work through... whatever this is-" she made a vague gesture in Dominic's direction, spinning her hand in a small circular motion, "-and hit up Noelle instead." She lifted herself from the couch, ghost of a smirk present on her lips, and patted gingerly at the disgruntled man's cheek before she left him to his own devices and slipped into the rear bedroom, closing the door behind her. She plopped onto the vanity chair with a huff, blew out a defeated sigh when she pulled her fingers through the ends of her unruly hair in front of the mirror, and reached for her cellphone to text Noelle. She still had four hours before she had to meet Sean at the restaurant; surely they could make her look halfway presentable in that time.

It was less than half an hour after she'd sent out her desperate SOS when Noelle knocked at the door and Jaida practically pulled her inside. "You remember that guy from the club, Sean?" She offered Noelle a glance as she was being coaxed down onto the edge of the bathtub. "Well, we've been talking and he wants to go to that new Thai place down by the bridge tonight. Dom's freaking out - I guess he's jealous or something... I don't even know what's going on there - and now I have to figure out what to do with this-" she jutted a finger toward her own hair, already feeling more relaxed as Noelle ran her fingers through it, "I could just really use your help right about now..." She exhaled and a bright, relieved smile had the corners of her mouth tugging upward when Noelle disregarded the usual pleasantries and went straight into makeover mode. "I seriously love you right now," Jaida grinned warmly, gaze flitting to catch the other woman's. "You're such a lifesaver."

It was three hours, a collaborative spotify playlist, countless scoldings for not sitting still while Noelle did her hair or worked on her eye makeup, a profuse series of thank-you's, and a ride hitched with Andre later that Jaida was being dropped off just up the street from the restaurant which, by a stroke of luck, happened to be on the way home for Noelle and Andre. "I owe you!" She walked backwards a few paces, putting distance between herself and the car, and a confident smile played at the edges of her lips as she looked at the other woman a short moment longer before she turned to walk away. "Thanks for the lift, Andre!"

The date went... poorly, to put it lightly. Sean's initial charm was still there, sure, and he certainly wasn't hard on the eyes, but their obvious incompatibility quickly became apparent. He ordered for them - assuring her that she'd "love" what he picked out - and the brunette spent most of the evening pushing the prawn (which still had the heads attached with their beady little eyes staring lifelessly up at her, much to her horror) and noodles about the plate while Sean jumped between the subjects of clean eating and his rigorous workout routine. They were barely an hour in when the waiter returned, upon spotting Sean's empty plate, and asked if they were ready for dessert to which Jaida responded a little too enthusiastically with a firm "No," before offering up a soft smile and explaining that she was simply feeling full. They finished up shortly after and Jaida's jaw tightened when she felt Sean's hand work its way down her side and into the curve of her waist upon stepping through the doors.

He moved in front of her, his other hand settling on her other side, and leaned in for a kiss that Jaida had to deliberately stop herself from leaning away from. God, he tasted like seafood and the brunette calmly - albeit slightly too quickly - pulled away and ended the kiss as the thought of those beady, dead eyes staring up at her from her dinner plate came rushing back to her. "Maybe we can do this again," Sean offered cluelessly.

"Yeah - yeah, of course - ...I'll text you." She wouldn't. "It was good seeing you again." It wasn't. She sidestepped, her smile slightly strained and apologetic.

"Hey, how 'bout I give you a ride? ...Or we could head back to my place if you wanted."

Panic rose in Jaida's throat and her heart lurched in her chest at the prospect of spending another hour (or hours) trapped in this man's presence. "You know, I would... but I've got a thing going on..." she offered up a half-shrug, stepping back another pace. Sean gave her a confused look. "Y'know... a thing," she elaborated oh-so-successfully and flashed a friendly smile when Sean finally agreed to go along with it and nodded, offering a confused goodbye.

She had her phone out of her pocket immediately after she'd rounded the corner and disappeared out of sight and tapped on Noelle's contact, pulling the phone to her ear. "Girl, you'd better pick up..." she muttered quietly as the line continued to ring before going to voicemail. "You home?? I need to talk to you." She quickly texted, staring expectantly down at the screen as she waited for a response that never came. With a sigh she decided to try her luck and continued in the direction she was already headed toward Noelle and Andre's apartment. It was getting dark, but it wasn't unbearably cold - even in her tights and dress - but the heat of the apartment complex was still appreciated as she stepped into the empty lobby area a mile or so later and headed upstairs to knock at their door.

Last edited:

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 867
andre
Huh,” Noelle hummed, shifting her weight from one leg to another and jutting out her hip to one side as she cocked her head, fingers combing slightly to the tips of Jaida’s messy, poofy hair. Something stirred in her stomach when Jaida responded that she was meeting up with that guy from the club, Sean, for a – Jaida didn’t call it a date, but Noelle knew that that was what it was and she suddenly felt a pang of possessiveness stir within her. Maybe she didn’t know Jaida very well or very long, but she felt weirdly possessive of the other girl – this Sean guy better treat her right. “So you do have a hot date.” She tilted her head back, eyes on the ceiling for a moment as she thought about their options, before her gaze found Jaida’s. “Aight. Turn it into something date-worthy. I can do that.

Jaida, as it turned out, could not sit still for the life of her despite Noelle’s insistence that she keep still while she attempted to tame the other woman’s dark curls or apply an unhealthy amount of makeup. Nearly constantly was the other woman fidgeting or talking or gesturing wildly while Noelle wanted nothing more than for her to keep her face still so she wouldn’t accidentally draw a crazy line down her face with the eyeliner. “Will you fuckin’-” Noelle’s hand found Jaida’s jaw and she took hold of her face, stepping slightly closer so the other woman’s chin was nearly meeting her own stomach and she guided her to look up, before working on her foundation. “How’s this dude gonna wanna bang you if you look like a raccoon, huh?

Andre grumbled only something under his breath when Noelle implied that they might as well drop Jaida off at the restaurant when he came to pick her up, and he barely looked at the other woman when she left the car when they pulled over at the curb. “You do! Don’t fuckin’ forget it.

Andre dropped her at the apartment, and she left her makeup stuff in a bag on the couch as she left the place again to go to the strip club; one of the girls had asked her to come over so they could talk about some issues they’d been having with the bouncer and possibly address the manager. When she returned to the apartment building, she was just rifling through her purse for her keys when she noticed someone standing in front of their door. “Jai?” Her eyes flicked up, moving down the brunette’s fancy looks – and feeling partially proud of herself for making her look like that – before coming to rest on her gaze. “What are you-

She’d barely unlocked the door when Jaida was pushing in after her, immediately going into a long, rambling rant about her date and how it’d been an absolute nightmare. Noelle found herself grinning, gesturing for the brunette to rifle through her closet for something more comfortable and listening to the other woman as her voice continued from the bedroom, just as Noelle pulled open the fridge. “Sounds like y’all had a great time,” she muttered, a curly frown pulling at her eyebrows when she realized Andre had finished off the take-out she’d been eyeing for dinner. “Hmm. You hungry still? I’m starving.” Her eyes didn’t even have to meet Jaida’s to know what the answer was, but she still jolted a little as the other woman came up behind her, arms now covered in the loose sleeves of one of Noelle’s sweaters as she gently wrapped them around Noelle’s shoulders, muttering something about fast food that Noelle didn’t quite catch. “Yeah… that’s what I figured. …There’s a McDonald’s down the street.

Noelle didn’t have to say much more; she just barely managed to grab her purse from the kitchen table before Jaida was pulling her excitedly along to the fast food chain, where they went all out and plopped down at one of the slightly greasy tables with their even greasier food. Her gaze rested on Jaida as she picked out a chicken nugget and popped it in her mouth, her eyes immediately closing as a satisfied hum left her lips. “Was it really that bad?” The grin she’d been sporting ever since Jaida had shown up to the apartment only grew wider as she recounted the events that had led up to her inviting herself into Noelle and Andre’s apartment, and she let out a laugh when Jaida told her about the way she left. “You told his ass you had a thing? Couldn’t come up with something better?” She laughed again, shaking her head, and leaned back against the back of the chair. “Man, that dude must be more muscle than brain if he bought it.” She blinked a couple times, eyes falling on the half-empty paper cup of their soft drinks, before reaching into the pocket of her coat. “Sounds like you need something a bit… stronger.

She dumped a quarter of the contents of the small bottle of whiskey into Jaida’s cup, before doing the same to her own. “Here’s to never eating shrimp with the heads still on again.

wordxxcount ;; 859

\ \ \
Jaida was prepared to cut her losses and head back downstairs after a moment of waiting with no audible response from the other side of the door when a familiar voice - and one that had her heart trilling excitedly in her chest - approached from behind. "Girl," she nearly sighed the word in lieu of a proper introduction and had no trouble making herself feel right at home as she followed Noelle into the apartment and moved comfortably into the unfamiliar space. "You have no idea what I've just been through." She didn't waste time in spilling the details of her date gone wrong, her voice continuing from the bedroom as she sorted through Noelle's wardrobe to find something more comfortable to change into.

"Don't even get me started," she nearly groaned, pulling a sweater from its hanger and unzipping her dress from the back. "This dude sits down and all he can talk about is his body, which is cool because, like... look at him, but, like, come on... Mind you, we've barely even said hello to each other and he's already on about himself-" she stepped out of her dress and pulled the sweater over her head. "And then he starts going on about this 'clean eating' bullshit or whatever and talked about taking me to the gym with him like it was fuckin' Disneyland or something. Can you believe that?! Me at the gym?! Girl, fuck... that..." She opted for a pair of body contouring black leggings - seeing as Noelle's pant size ran about three sizes smaller than her own, which meant squeezing into a pair of her skinnies was out of the question - and emerged from the bedroom to meet Noelle in the kitchen. Her rant had since subsided at the mention of food and she approached the woman from behind and folded her sweater-clad arms easily around Noelle's shoulders.

It took almost no convincing before Noelle was agreeing to step out to eat and they were on their way to the McDonald's just up the street. They spent a few minutes standing in front of the illuminated menu board - Jaida requiring little time to consider before settling on her usual order, but she let Noelle take her time in choosing - before settling at an empty table near the back of the establishment. Jaida wasted no time in diving into her meal and, having had left most of her food uneaten on her date with Sean, gave a satisfied hum as she took her first bite into a chicken nugget, her lingering hunger feeling momentarily satiated.

Her gaze flitted to meet with Noelle's when she questioned the legitimacy of her slightly over-exaggerated claims and gave a slow roll of her eyes, the gesture not necessarily directed at Noelle, but rather at the memory of her evening, and she delved into a detailed account of her date with Sean. Noelle let out a laugh when she reached the end of her story - recounting how she'd parted with the man - and she matched the woman's amused grin with a bright smile of her own. "I panicked!" She exclaimed, quieting down when her amused outburst earned her a disgruntled look from an older man a few tables over. "He wanted me to come back to his place; I had to get out of there, girl! I said the first thing I could think of." She watched, her amusement still clear in her eyes, with a curious interest as Noelle pulled a small bottle from the pocket of her jacket and poured some of its contents into Jaida's soda, an entertained chortle passing her lips when the other woman made a playful toast.

"I'll drink to that," she lifted her lidless cup and brought it into contact with Noelle's, instantly pulling back when, in her overzealousness, the paper cup began to fold in on itself when it pressed into Noelle's. "Oh, shit..." Her lips pulled up into a smile and she quickly straightened the mouth of the cup and brought it to her lips, the whiskey offering a soft burning sensation as it slid down the back of her throat and settled in her stomach.

They'd finished the bottle by the time they were leaving the restaurant and Jaida felt pleasantly warm on account of the slight buzz she was feeling as they walked down the winter-chilled street together with no apparent destination in mind. They were passing a gas station, pleasantly unaware of the group of men who were hanging out in the parking lot, when one of them called out after them - more particularly, after Noelle.

"Sorry, baby," she glanced over Noelle's shoulder at the men - who were staring hungrily at the smaller brunette - and curled her arm around her waist, tugging her closer. "She's taken!" She grinned, uninhibited as she slowed slightly in her step and pushed her face into Noelle's neck in a playful gesture, placing a soft kiss upon her skin there. She lifted her hand from the brunette's waist and curled it around her shoulders instead, directing a playful middle finger in the direction of the men before the pair continued on their way.

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 607
Noelle met Jaida’s grin with one of her own when, as she brought the edge of her paper cup to Noelle’s, the material caved and dented inwards, and Jaida hurried to straighten it out before the drink would spill. Bringing the edge of the cup to her lips, Noelle watched as Jaida did the same, her eyes briefly flicking down to the other woman’s lips before she put the cup down again. They talked for a while, the subject eventually straying away from Jaida’s failed date and reaching far and wide as they enjoyed each other’s company and the fast food.

They left when the plates and the bottle were empty, and Noelle felt slightly buzzed as they put on their coats and she followed the other woman through the doors, into the winter cold. They walked together, Noelle hyperaware of Jaida’s hand next to her own and feeling the sudden need to grab it – for the cold, she told herself – but was stopped in her pace when they passed a gas station and an until then unseen group of men stepped out and one of them wolf whistled at them. “Hey, baby, come here! Where y’all goin’?” Jaida muttered a quiet apology to Noelle, before grabbing her by the waist and pulling her closer to her, and turning to the man that had called out to them. “She’s taken!” “Hmm,” Noelle leaned slightly into her, allowing Jaida’s lips to find the side of her neck and an intensified tingle worked its way up her spine, “I wish.

The men didn’t seem to buy into it, but Jaida didn’t pull away for a moment, keeping her face buried in the dip of Noelle’s neck even as the men called out to them again – but Noelle barely heard it. Their skin brushed, and Jaida’s arm slipped around her shoulders, resting there for a moment as she tugged Noelle closer to her side. The gesture felt natural, and she felt comfortable under Jaida’s possessive touching.

They ended up at a nearby bar, getting a few drinks and spending some girl time together. The night was somewhat cut short when one of the men there started a conversation with Noelle and she responded to it, and when his hand found its way onto the dip of her waist, Jaida cut in that she’d like to go home. Noelle could read plenty in the brunette’s eyes, and she nodded, smiling her goodbye to the man as they stepped outside again.

Noelle got them an Uber to go to Dom’s place, texting Andre briefly to tell him she wouldn’t be coming home that night – she didn’t have enough money in her wallet to get another Uber home, anyway, and besides; the prospect of spending another night in Jaida’s bed seemed appealing. She’d never slept better – or that’s what she told herself.

The moment they got in the car and Jaida gave the man the right address did the other brunette scoot closer to her, her face finding its way into Noelle’s neck. She slowly raised her hand, staring out the window as she ran her fingers over the curve of the other woman’s jaw and through her unruly hair, and sighed quietly as she felt Jaida’s lips press against the side of her neck again. Her eyes closed, and in a bout of internal need, she dipped her head sideways to give the other woman easier access as she trailed a line of kisses down Noelle’s neck. “Call me baby again,” she muttered, eyes still closed as she reveled in Jaida’s proximity, a tingle immediately flaring up and her heartbeat fluttering in her chest.

wordxxcount ;; 1,051

jaida, that's gay!!!!!
Jaida's hand didn't move from its position wrapped around Noelle, only falling from her shoulders to rest comfortably somewhere around her waist, until they were stepping through the threshold of a divey-looking bar on the outside of town. The warmth that greeted them - some combination of the furnace that blew heavily near the doors and the body heat wafting off of the many patrons who crowded its walls - brought almost instant relief from the winter-chilled air that had bitten into their skin during the walk there. Jaida felt comfortable enough to rid herself of her jacket and roll the sleeves of her - er, Noelle's - sweater up to her elbows only moments after they'd found their places at the bar and Noelle followed suit shortly thereafter when their first drinks were being pushed in front of them.

It didn't take long before Noelle had caught the eye of a not-so-distant admirer and an attractive enough man was approaching the pair, offering little more than an acknowledging glance in Jaida's direction as he set his sights on charming Noelle; a feat he seemed to succeed at almost effortlessly as the shorter brunette responded positively to his advances. Jaida's fingers curled around the base of her glass and she pulled the rim to her lips, her gaze straying away from the pair for the most part, but flitting downward when she noticed movement against the side of Noelle's waist. "I'm getting kinda tired." She tapped once at the brunette's shoulder with the back of her fingers, unsure of what came over herself as the sight of the man's hand gliding down her friend's side had her insides reeling, a low heat flaring up inside of her. "Do you think we could head out soon?" Her eyes moved exclusively to Noelle, returning the favor as she offered little more than a glance in the direction of her male counterpart, and smiled softly when she ultimately agreed to leave.

They arranged an Uber to take them home, the, what Jaida was hesitant to pinpoint as jealousy, fading considerably by the time they were outside and away from the presence of Noelle's attractive pursuer. She was undeniably tipsy by then, rolling from her heels to the balls of her feet in a somewhat bored motion with her hands stuffed in the pockets of her jacket as she waited for Noelle to wrap up her text message to Andre. The driver pulled up shortly after and they moved comfortably into the car's warm interior, Noelle claiming the far window seat while Jaida leaned into the center console to verify the address with the driver.

The weight of the day fell on her all at once, it seemed, and in some combination of the warmth of the car, the steady hum of the engine, and the comfortable presence in which she found herself, Jaida truly did feel tired - as she'd falsely claimed to have in the bar - and she settled easily into the space at Noelle's side. Her head found its way onto the woman's shoulder, her face tucking inward toward Noelle's neck, and she breathed in gently the scent of her perfume as the brunette's fingers worked calmly against her jaw and into her hair.

Borderline inebriated, Jaida relied on little more than instinct and the resulting desire that had been growing inside of her as she shifted closer and gently brought her lips to the side of Noelle's neck. It was a slow movement, much slower than the little show she'd given the group of men on the sidewalk, and her tongue slipped out from between her lips in a brief movement to graze against the woman's skin while she kissed her. Noelle responded immediately, tilting her head to the side and baring her skin to her; her softly muttered words had Jaida humming against her neck, breaking the contact only long enough to respond. "Hm... you smell so nice, baby," her voice was barely a whisper, but her proximity to Noelle's ear and the nature in which she responded had her sure that she'd heard her.

She pulled away from her spot nestled against Noelle's neck only as the car rolled to a stop and she glanced out the window to see the familiar, dimly-lit landscape of the complex parking lot. They thanked the driver and Jaida's hand found Noelle's upon exiting the car... For support, she told herself, but she made no obvious effort to let go as the pair paused outside of the door and, following a rather loud moment of Jaida rustling through her bag for her keys, she eventually resorted to knocking and Dominic answered the door.

"Are you drunk..?" His confused gaze bounced to a slightly more sober looking Noelle for an explanation that never came as he sidestepped to let them inside and Jaida half-slurred some drunken, tired, incoherent excuse before she tugged Noelle back to the bedroom and left him standing near the still-open door as he watched them move through the hallway.

Jaida would've been perfectly content falling asleep in the clothes she'd worn to the bar had Noelle not rifled through her dresser and insisted that they change into something clean. She stripped sleepily out of her clothes and into the loose sweater and shorts that Noelle picked out for her before settling beneath the blankets and instantly shuffling closer when the other woman followed suit shortly after flicking off the light. Noelle was on her back and Jaida rolled onto her side, her arm extending over the width of the smaller woman's frame where it remained while her face resumed its position tucked comfortably against her neck.

"I'm glad I got to spend tonight with you," she muttered sleepily, her voice soft and crackly, audibly tired but still in good spirits. "I'm glad it's not whatshisname with me in my bed right now..." she corrected, smiling gently to herself through the darkness before she cuddled closer to the other woman until their bodies were nearly flush. "Goodnight, Noe." She lifted her chin and nudged her nose against the woman's skin, placing a final gentle kiss there before she allowed herself to drift off to the quiet sound of Noelle's breathing and the gentle rise and fall of her chest as her arm remained slung across it.

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 925
Noelle sucked in a gasp of air when Jaida’s tongue dipped out slightly and ran over the same spot that her lips had just been at, the brunette only pulling away briefly to comply with Noelle’s request. She found herself sighing into it, suddenly hyperaware of the other woman’s hand on her knee, and the way her fingers were dipping just barely onto the inside of her leg – definitely not meant in any way, but Noelle’s mind immediately focused on it as Jaida’s lips continued their slow tracking along the side of her neck, and despite the way she was melting into the other woman’s touch, she found herself tensing up slightly as well. Her heartbeat continued pounding, and she could feel Jaida snuggle even closer to her, reveling in their shared body warmth.

Dom answered the door, and Noelle was temporarily distracted by the continuous burning of the patch of skin on her neck where Jaida’s lips had been previously, so when he turned his attention to her, she only managed to stare at him briefly and shrug vaguely. Jaida didn’t seem to have the patience for a full conversation, and instead muttered some incomprehensible sentence that Noelle realized was supposed to be an excuse, before she moved into the hallway, hands still clasped together, and tugged Noelle into the bedroom.

Jaida didn’t seem to plan on changing, but Noelle insisted on getting out of their dirty clothes, and she rifled through the other woman’s closet for a moment in search of something acceptable for both of them, before tossing a sweater and shorts onto Jaida’s collapsed form on the bed, and pulled out a long-sleeve shirt and shorts for herself. She watched for a few moments as Jaida struggled with getting her own clothes off, before stepping in to help her and guiding her shirt off her where it’d gotten stuck. She left her to her own devices for the rest, instead finding a spot on the other side of the room where she stripped out of her clothes, slightly hesitantly unclasping her bra and allowing it to fall to the ground before she slipped into the shirt and shorts and joined the other woman under the blankets.

She’d barely turned off the lights or Jaida was on her, cuddling into the side of her body and her arm resting over Noelle’s ribs and stomach, face snuggling itself into that same spot underneath her jaw again, and Noelle found herself tensing for a moment before the other woman broke the silence. She grinned, relaxing as Jaida instead corrected herself and snuggled even closer to her. “Night, Jai,” her breath stalled in her lungs for a brief second as Jaida’s lips found the side of her neck again, but she found herself relaxed enough to actually sleep, eventually drifting off to sleep in the other woman’s proximity.

Noe!” Andre’s slightly hushed voice broke through the silence, through the dark- wait, no, it was already light, even though it felt like she’d fallen asleep two seconds ago – and before she managed to blink her eyes open, she heard him again. “Noe!” “Hmm-” she groaned, swinging her arm over her eyes, before lifting it slightly and cracking one eye open to look at him, “what is it?” “Babe, I’m here to pick you up. Let’s go home, aight?

Right now? What time is it?” She blinked a few times, only then becoming away of the way Jaida was still half slumped over her, arm curled over Noelle’s side and stomach and head resting on the side of her shoulder. “Uh, like, I dunno. Nine somethin’.” Noelle groaned again, blinking against the light that was pouring into the room from behind her boyfriend. “Gimme a few minutes to get dressed.

His eyes were almost continuously on either Noelle or on Dom as she shuffled into the living room, still in her borrowed PJs despite how she’d told him she’d get dressed, and immediately went for the coffee in the kitchen. She poured two mugs; knowing Jaida had stirred from her sleep too when she’d gotten up, and plopped down on the half-empty couch a little ways away from Dom. “So y’all got drunk last night?” Noelle hummed, taking a sip of the coffee and making a face when she realized it was already cold, but kept drinking regardless. “Jai did. We went to that place, uh… Blaze, I think it’s called? Down by the hospital,” her voice was slightly rumbly from sleep and drinks, and her gaze met Dom’s as she leaned against the back of the couch. Jaida joined them soon after, hand reaching out to tuck a lock of hair behind Noelle’s ear as she sat down next to her. “Didn’t want Jai to go home alone, so…

She’d barely gotten the chance to finish her coffee before Andre was metaphorically dragging her off the couch and into the car. He was strangely quiet during the car ride, but also touchy; she shrugged it off and blamed it on him not having gotten his needs out the previous night. She’d been partially right in the sense that he immediately wanted to get it on the moment they got home, but she brushed him off and made him wait until that night, which he was even more disgruntled about.

A few days with only texting communication between herself and Jaida passed, before Noelle returned the favor and texted Jaida, who was over at her place an hour later. Noelle’s hair was partially out of braids, completely poofy and wavy the way it came out, and Jaida grinned as she was pulled into the bedroom and Noelle closed the door behind them. “I can’t get them out myself, aight? And Andre has been only making it worse-” she gestured vaguely to the knotted hair on one side of her head, “and since we all know what you look like when you get out of bed in the morning…” She grinned into the mirror, gaze meeting Jaida’s. “I’m gonna bleach it a couple times when it’s all out, but that’ll be fine. I just need these braids out.

Last edited:

wordxxcount ;; 968
Jaida slept hard and heavy; a dreamless sleep that kept her stationary against Noelle's side for most of the night. She only awoke, roused from her unconscious state, when she felt Noelle's fingers grip gently around her wrist and lift, moving her arm off of her. She might've stirred or inquired where she was going when she realized she was moving from the bed, but the heaviness of her sleep-burdened mind had her considering otherwise and she simply rolled over on the mattress, guiding the blanket over her shoulder and trying to find sleep.

It was hardly five minutes later when a small chorus of voices from the living room - mixed with the light that was pouring in from the blinds that she was now hyperaware of - had her abandoning the pursuit of sleep and joining the rest of her friends in the living room. The soles of her feet shuffled lazily against the carpeted floor before she plopped down wordlessly (and ungracefully, it was worth noting) on the couch next to Noelle. Leaning forward to grab the second cup of coffee that she assumed had been poured for her, she moved to tuck a loose braid behind Noelle's ear on her way back against the back of the couch, aware but ultimately uncaring of the way that her own untamed hair was sprouting every which way upon her head. She didn't participate in their conversation, with a vague idea of why Andre had shown up unannounced based on her previous interactions with the man, and instead toyed absently with the end of one of Noelle's braids while she leaned heavily into the other woman's shoulder, listening along and sipping quietly at her coffee.

"Is it just me, or did that feel weird?" Dominic's gaze found hers from his spot near the door after Andre and Noelle had made their exit and Jaida shrugged.

"He's your friend, you tell me. Andre's kind of a weird dude."

"Yeah, you right," an invisible weight seemed to lift from his shoulders as he mentally shrugged off his worry regarding the situation and instead focused on the sight before him, a visibly amused smile coming to his lips. "Girl, I don't know what you doing up, but you need to get your ass back in bed," he breathed out something of a laugh, his gaze flitting upward toward her hair. "I ain't seen you looking this rough in a long time." He moved to reclaim his spot on the couch, and despite the playful middle finger his words had earned him from Jaida, the woman scooted toward him and leaned sleepily into his shoulder - arguably much less comfortable than Noelle's - with the pair passing much of what remained of the morning in that very position, absently watching the TV screen while they sat together.

It was nearly a week later when Noelle was texting Jaida and asking her to come by the apartment for a hair emergency. Confident that the other woman would already be well-equipped with everything that she'd need, Jaida left Dominic's apartment empty-handed, texted Noelle that she was on her way, and caught the bus into town. She was greeted at the door by a disheveled-looking Noelle whose hair was springing every which way after she'd removed a few of the braids on her own with relative success judging by her appearance.

"Oh, babe," Jaida couldn't stifle a laugh, a broad grin tugging at her lips as the other woman explained the situation: namely Andre's attempt at helping that turned out to be more of a hindrance than anything. "What'd you let him do to you?" She pinched her index and middle fingers over the braid that Noelle must've been in the process of taking down when she answered the door and ran her fingers along its length. Her brows furrowed when the woman passed a joke about how her own hair, which was tucked neatly into a headscarf, looked in the morning and she took the braid she'd been holding by its end and gave it a gentle tug, their gazes meeting in the mirror as her eyes narrowed in a playful gesture.

"You know, when I told you I owed you I meant I'd take you out for drinks or something..." She reached for the collection of hair creams and serums that Noelle had scattered about her vanity and opted to start with a spray to saturate the braid before her fingers went to work at carefully unwinding it without damaging her hair. She got about six braids in before her lower back began to ache under the strain of standing in the same position and she - bypassing the bed which was scattered with Andre's clothes - ushered Noelle and their small arsenal of hair supplies into the living room where Jaida sat on the couch and Noelle sat on a pillow on the floor with her head between Jaida's thighs.

It was a slow process, but they passed the time with television and smalltalk (and a thirty minute break), and nearly two and a half hours had passed by the time they were finished. "I have to say, I think this is the best I've ever seen you." She attempted to stifle her grin, but the corners of her lips wavered and eventually pulled themselves upward at the sight of the almost comically wavy hair before her. "You have literally never looked better." She teased, aware that Noelle had seen her in equally disheveled states during the time they'd known each other. They both stood, and Jaida followed Noelle to the bathroom where the bleaching kit sat upon the sink's edge. "What made you decide to change it?" She took the box into her hands and turned it over while Noelle prepared to wash out her hair.

ZO%C3%8B-KRAVITZ-NOVA-GLOBALNA-AMBASADORICA-ZA-MAKEUP-YSL-BEAUT%C3%89A1.jpg

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 677
new hair (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
I ain’t gonna say no,” Noelle grinned, head dipping along slightly as Jaida pulled on one of her half-undone braids, and she leaned back against the chair she’d been sitting on. Somehow, despite the short amount of time that they’d known each other – at least it felt short – Noelle had found her way to complete comfort in the other woman’s presence, and even as Jaida’s hands moved through her braids, she propped up her elbow on the back of the chair, gaze following Jaida’s movements intently in the mirror. “I’m always up for drinks.

They eventually moved to the couch; or at least, Jaida moved onto the couch and Noelle found her spot on the floor, sitting on a pillow – her ass kind of started to hurt, but she wanted to get it done – between Jaida’s knees. She leaned back against the body of the couch, fingers entangled in her own hair as she helped Jaida, at a slower pace, to undo the braids. Her fingers started aching relatively soon in, both from pulling and from the precise movements required for her to untangle it. Jaida’s thighs were soft on either side of them, warm, too, and she found herself leaning into it slightly with her shoulder, snuggling slightly closer against the other woman’s warmth.

Yeah, it’s something,” she muttered when they were done, running her fingers through her thick, almost afro-like curly hair, combing it more or less in place – however that was possible with hair this springy – and pulling it back into a ponytail which she let go of almost immediately the moment she stepped into the bathroom, rolling her eyes at Jaida’s comment. “Is this, like, payback for the morning hair thing?” She grinned, slipping the already bleach-stained towel around her shoulders, “that’s fair, I guess.

I dunno, guess I just want something else.” She allowed the brunette to help her apply the bleach to her hair, especially those hard-to-reach spots just behind her ears and on top and on the back of her head, and she immediately relaxed in the brunette’s soft touches. Playing with her hair had always been something Noelle was weak to, and Jaida’s regular, slightly pulling movements almost put her to sleep. She hummed quietly into the touch, pulled out of her slight haze when Jaida announced she was done.

They had a few drinks at the kitchen table – Noelle’s hair tightly wrapped in a great looking tin foil hat – and Jaida’s hand was resting on the surface, Noelle’s eyes pulling towards it regularly until she found a reason to touch her, and she reached out, taking it in her own. “Hey, uh” Her gaze remained glued to their hands, and she carefully intertwined their fingers, her own rings seeming out of place against Jaida’s fingers. “Andre and I had this trip planned… Uh, my uncle has a lake house up north. We were gonna go there to hang for a week or two, but Andre has a work thing now…” Her voice trailed off, her gaze finding Jaida’s as she attempted to gauge if the other woman knew where this was going. “Maybe this is too early but maybe you wanna come instead? It’s just two weeks of booze and delivery junk food, probably. Figured that’s your scene.” She grinned.

Two more bleaches, and a visit to the hairdresser to get it all braided again later, Noelle was ready to leave state for a little while with Jaida. “Bye, babe. See you in a bit.” She kissed Andre goodbye, who grumbled something under his breath without looking up from his phone, barely glancing at her as she hauled her weekend bag through the doorway and yelled a last goodbye to him before loading her things into the car, and driving to Dom’s apartment with a stop for gas on the way. She parked a little ways up the road, locking the car door behind her and making her way up to the apartment, before pushing the door, which was hanging open, further open. “Jai? You ready to go?

wordxxcount ;; 1,138

this sucks!
Sat at the table and enjoying a round of much-deserved drinks after spending the better part of the afternoon unbraiding, detangling, and helping to dye Noelle's hair, Jaida's gaze flitted down when the other woman's hand reached out to touch her own. Her eyes moved to meet Noelle's as the woman began to speak, their fingers calmly and comfortably becoming intertwined, and a gentle smile ghosted around the edges of her lips when she caught onto what she was implying. "I'd love to." Her smile grew, blossoming until it reached her eyes and a glint of warmth flitted across her irises. She bore no hesitation in her response, immediately looking forward to the prospect of some alone time with the woman who she'd grown quite fond of over the short time that they'd known each other. She followed up with a more lighthearted comment regarding Noelle's mention of her "scene", keeping the air comfortable between them, and they eventually fell into discussing the details of the trip.

Dominic seemed unconvinced that the two women would make it to the lake house on their own, but helped Jaida pack regardless, fishing down an old duffel bag that he used to store his gym clothes inside of from one of the shelves in his closet for Jaida to pack her clothes into. She'd just been finishing up when a familiar feminine voice sounded from the living room. Shit. Was it time already? She grabbed her more essential hair creams and serums and sprays from atop her vanity and threw them into the bag, calling out a quick "Just a sec!" as she hurried about the room and grabbed her phone charger from the outlet it was still plugged into (and her pillow for good measure... she could always try to sleep in the car).

"Damn, girl... look at you! Your hair looks badass!" She exclaimed excitedly, almost taken aback at first by the sight of Noelle's newly-styled bleach blonde hair, and flashed a bright smile as she came into the living room, but didn't approach her as she beelined straight for the kitchen and threw a collection of bottles into a re-useable grocery bag that had been sitting on the counter. "Can't have booze and junk food without the booze..." she winked, hauling the duffel bag over her shoulder and sliding the now-full grocery bag into the crook of her arm. She gave one final sweeping look across the space, fetching a sweater from where it'd been slung over the back of the couch, and joined Noelle in moving toward the door. "Bye Dom, bye Z! I'll see you guys later!" She called out, earning herself a small chorus of jumbled responses before she was pulling the door shut behind them.

She tossed her duffel bag and pillow into the backseat with Noelle's, unzipping it briefly to pull a plastic grocery bag from inside and bringing it into the passenger seat with her while Noelle turned over the engine and pulled onto the street. "Girl, don't judge me but I made Zeke go down to the corner store this morning to get us some snacks." She grinned, placing the bag near her feet for easy access and leaned back against the seat.

The drive was long, but anything but boring; they compiled a massive playlist during one of their lengthier stops at a rest area, found easy conversation, and partook in a number of road games (per Jaida's initiation). However, they were nearing hour six of their ten hour drive and the energy in the car was beginning to wind down. Jaida, now cozily donned in the oversized sweater she'd grabbed from the couch, sat facing Noelle with her shoulder against the backrest of the passenger seat. Her gaze moved lazily along the profile of the woman's face, quietly studying her soft features, and her hand eventually extended so that the tips of her fingers could run themselves over the braids just behind her ear. "I really like this color on you..." she spoke almost absently, tucking a braid behind Noelle's ear and allowing her touch to graze down along the curve of her jaw before she was retracting her hand.

She fell asleep shortly after, only rousing at the sound of gravel popping under the wheels of the car. "Mm... we there already?" She blinked her eyes open, surprised to find that it was nearly dark, and nodded when Noelle, who had understandably grown tired behind the wheel, had decided to cut the drive into two parts and stop at a motel for the night.

The area was sketchy, but Jaida was too tired to pay it much attention as they locked the car doors and moved inside to book a room. "You paid for the gas; I'll cover the room," she offered, taking the lead as she stepped up to the check-in counter and asked about the nightly rates. "A standard room's gonna run ya $40 per night. All I got are single beds available at the moment," his gaze moved toward Noelle and then back again, "but I could prolly dig ya out a cot for an extra $10 if ya need it." Jaida shook her head. "One bed is fine." She pulled a pair of $20's from her pocket and the man slid a clipboard across the desk before taking the cash. "Go ahead and sign in here. I'll need a valid photo ID to verify and then we'll be right as rain," he glanced over the state identification card that Jaida had placed onto the counter and turned toward a locked cabinet behind him which opened to reveal a small pegboard with three keys remaining. He snatched one of them from its hook and turned back to the pair. "Alrighty... I've got you ladies in room 49." He handed the key to Jaida with a friendly enough smile. "It can get a little... rough out in these parts at night; y'all don't look like you're from around here, so if you plan on exploring the city I'd save it 'til morning." Jaida gave a polite smile before she turned, lifting her eyebrows and making a face at Noelle before the pair moved back outside to find their room.

"Where the fuck did you bring us?!" Jaida half-whispered and elbowed Noelle in the side once they were outside and out of earshot of the clerk, unable to stifle her laughter at the absurdity of the situation. "That shit was creepy, right? Dude was way too happy to be working at a seedy ass motel in the middle of nowhere. Like, we're straight up gonna get murdered out here..." She grinned as they stopped by the car to grab enough of their belongings to get them through the night before walking around the corner to their room.

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 1,329
A broad, playful grin curled around Noelle's lips at Jaida's comment on her “badass" hair, and she posed, twirling one of the braids around her finger, hips dipping out to one side and putting her free hand on her jutted hip, but the smile that was still on her face was genuine. “Hmm, badass,” she grinned, raising an eyebrow at Jaida, “totally the vibe I was going for.” Her expression softened, taking in the slightly bewildered mess of Jaida's hair, but the slightly entranced and impressed look in her eyes, and her head cocked slightly, a softness in her eyes as she tucked the braid back behind her ear. “Thanks, though, baby,” she winked, before straightening out and finding Jaida's gaze. “You ready to go?”

Her gaze followed as the other brunette instead disappeared into the kitchen, muttering something about booze before emerging again with a large bag. “Guess you can't, huh?” She watched as Jaida hauled a large duffel bag onto her shoulder, and reached out to take the bag of booze from her, their fingers brushing briefly as she closed her hand around the straps. She led the way out, back to Andre's silver Mercedes that was parked up front, and she put the bag with her own luggage on the back seat, before slipping behind the wheel. Jaida was rummaging through her things, but Noelle took the time to look up the address on Google Maps and start the directions towards the house; groaning internally when she saw the ten-plus hour time it would take them, rests excluded, to make it there. “For real? I ain't gonna judge, girl. Just dibs on half.” She shot Jaida a cocked, playful grin, before turning the key in the ignition and starting the engine.

They drove in bits of two hours, taking regular rests and finding a roadside restaurant for lunch and dinner. Jaida was initially energetic, Noelle grinning as the other woman danced along – as well as that went in the passenger seat – to the playlist they had playing. It was a good few hours in that she could feel Jaida getting tired, and she could feel herself losing her concentration on the road slightly. Her gaze flicked sideways, acknowledging the other woman but not straying too far from the road in front of them, as Jaida reached out. The touch, sliding over a number of the braids behind her ear and then dipping lower to follow the slope of her jaw, had Noelle struggle to resist to lean into it, delivering a faint tingling sensation to the skin. “Thanks,” her voice was soft, gentler than usual, and her gaze found Jaida's momentarily, “you're sweet.”

It wasn't very long after that that she realized the other woman had fallen asleep, and Noelle found her eyes straying from the road a few times to look at her, eventually reaching back onto the back seat to retrieve her coat and awkwardly draped it over the other woman, careful not to wake her and while keeping her eyes on the road and a hand on the wheel.
It was nearing ten at night when they still had three hours left to go and Noelle realized she really was losing her concentration, eventually spotting a “Motel" sign up ahead. Despite the shady feel of the area, she still pulled in, gravel sputtering under the car's wheels as she toured the parking lot and found a spot on the far end. The noise had Jaida stirring in the passenger seat, and Noelle shook her head, blinking her tired eyes a few times as Jaida asked about their arrival. “No, tomorrow. It's a motel. I need to get some sleep.”

Jaida took the lead as they moved to the small office of the clerk that was up ahead. Noelle nodded as Jaida mentioned paying, and stayed outside, arms wrapped loosely around herself, trying to shield herself from the winter cold attempting to worm into her thin blouse, as she lit a cigarette. She only caught parts of the conversation between Jaida and the motel clerk, but raised a mirrored eyebrow at the other woman when she stepped out again. “Wanna keep going instead?” She joked, putting out her cigarette with the toe of her shoe and following the brunette back to the car. “Here, take this for a moment,” she intentionally allowed their fingers to brush again, yearning slightly for Jaida's touch after the soft one in the car earlier, and loaded the brunette's arms with bags before locking the car door, and taking the top bags from her again. “What number’s us?”

They settled in for the night, Noelle suppressing a grin when she saw the single twin bed in the room, but not showing Jaida her inner air pump as she moved to a corner of the room and stripped out of her skinnies and sweater, and pulled a pair of soft shorts and a long-sleeved shirt out of her bag, before unclipping her bra and pulling the shirt over her head. She went to bed relatively soon after that, settling under the covers and resting her eyes, but staying awake until Jaida came into the bed too and then inched slightly closer so she could feel the other woman's presence and warmth behind her, and drifting off into a light sleep.

She awoke only a few hours later by loud voices just outside my door. “Jesus Christ, bitch! I'm sayin' I lost it, not that I snorted all of it while balls deep in a hooker!” “’Cuz that's what you like to do, eh? You're a whoring piece of shit, Aiden! Go fuck a squirrel. You ain't gettin' this pussy again!” It all wouldn't have done much for Noelle – since it seemed to be just an arguing couple – until there were, very faintly in the distance, gunshots. She felt herself tense, hiding slightly under the covers, and listened intently as the pair behind the door hissed something unintelligible at each other, followed by rapid, receding footsteps over the gravel. The silence took them for a second, until she felt Jaida shift beside her, moving in to cuddle against Noelle's side and press a sleepy, soothing kiss against the side of her temple as she rested her arm across Noelle's stomach. She remained tense for a moment, but Jaida's embrace was gentle and inviting and, most of all, a safe space, where she was protected from all that could do harm outside that door, and she felt herself lose that tension quite easily, and drift off to a much, much more satisfying state of sleeping.

They awoke much the same the next morning, with Jaida's arms wrapped protectively around Noelle's smaller frame, and after struggling to get out of bed, they both agreed not to have breakfast at the motel or anywhere near it; instead they packed their bags, returned the key, and were back on the road just after rush hour. It took them another few hours to reach the lake house, but it felt like nothing compared to the previous day's drive. The house, which was really more of a cottage, was situated just beside a lake, with a picturesque look to it. It had just two bedrooms, a living room, a small kitchen and a single bathroom, but Noelle still felt familiar despite the small size of the house. They left their bags in the car for a moment, walking up to the house as Noelle struggled to retrieve the house keys from her purse, and they stepped inside. The familiar surroundings felt immediately at home, and she plopped down on the couch, hoisting her legs up as she leaned against the arm rest, watching as the other woman looked around. When Jaida returned to her side, Noelle found the confidence within her to gently take the other woman’s wrist in her grasp and pull her onto the narrow couch with her, snuggled close against Jaida's chest. “Driving's tiring.”

wordxxcount ;; 981

this is so bad!! i hate it!!!!!
"Girl, maybe..!" Jaida joked, gravel crunching beneath the soles of her shoes as the pair approached the car and she waited for Noelle to unlock the doors. "Ol' homeboy back there had some weird vibes coming off of him - this whole place does, actually..." she stood stationary while the other woman instructed her to hold her arms out and she stacked one of the bags upon them. "Like we're in the Twilight Zone or something..." her volume had lowered until her voice was hardly a mutter and her gaze scanned the area while Noelle finished up in the rear seat of the car and shut and locked the door behind her. They couldn't get to their room fast enough, and while the deteriorated interior decorated with horribly outdated furnishings was hardly an improvement from the outside of the motel it gave Jaida a small sense of security to be able to draw the curtains and lock the door behind them.

The bed was certainly smaller than she'd anticipated - she now understood why the clerk had offered to rent them out a cot for the night - but she didn't fret over the prospect of spending a night in close quarters with Noelle as it certainly wasn't something that was unfamiliar to either of them at this point in their relationship. She stepped into the bathroom while Noelle changed into her pajamas, but immediately discarded the idea of taking a shower when she flicked the light on - it would have to wait until they got to the house the next day - and moved back into the main space to change out of her clothes. Noelle was already in bed by the time she finished and after a drastically shortened nighttime routine of moisturizing her hair, she threw it into a high-sitting bun and joined the other woman under the covers.

The mattress was small, but so was Noelle, and since she didn't take up much space upon it, fitting onto the bed together wasn't an issue. Jaida settled down against the pillow and, despite how she'd already slept a good deal in the car, sleep came easy to her. She fell into a deep, dreamless sleep, only to be roused awake a few hours later by an argument outside.

"Jesus Christ, bitch! I'm sayin' I lost it--" the male voice boomed and Jaida shifted against the pillow as she tried to make herself comfortable and block out the noise. But even in her clouded state of mind she was aware of the way that Noelle seemed to tense up beside her and she silently shifted closer. Noelle was on her back and Jaida nuzzled comfortably against her side, swinging a protective arm over the woman's torso while she placed a sleepy kiss against her temple and the pair gradually drifted back off to sleep together.

The motel's surroundings were pleasantly quiet by morning - a drastic change in comparison to the night before - and the pair awoke to find that they'd remained in their entangled state for most of the night. They packed their bags, lazily went through the motions of their morning routines, and were back on the road in an impressively short amount of time after that. There was a renewed energy in the car and spirits remained high as the last few hours of their car ride tapered to a close and, finally, they pulled up to their destination.

The house had a cozy, picturesque feel to it, and Jaida couldn't wait to get out of the car and take a closer look as they pulled into the driveway. "Oh damn, girl, I'm not gonna want to leave..." her gaze swept across the space as they stepped inside and Noelle wasted no time finding the couch, propping her legs upon the cushions as she sat longways across it. Jaida stepped into the living room, prepared to sit on the couch near Noelle's feet when the other woman - who apparently had other plans - gently grasped at her wrist and pulled her down.

"Hm," she hummed, making herself comfortable upon the narrow sliver of couch that remained and guiding her arm around and under Noelle's shoulders. "I wouldn't know." She teased, making an inward half-turn toward Noelle as the other woman shifted lower and ducked her head into the space under her chin. They remained like that for a short while, Jaida in no imminent hurry to leave the warm embrace that they found themselves in until she felt her eyelids begin to grow heavy. "We should probably run to the store before we fall asleep here," she murmured, tone soft and even, but made no observable effort to untangle herself from Noelle and instead breathed in the gentle, wafting scent of the other woman's conditioner as she pushed a little bit closer. "I can cook, but there's not a whole lot I can do with leftover jerky and skittles." She grinned, still holding her close.

They managed to muster up enough energy for a - what was intended to be short, but turned into something rather lengthy as they attempted to shop for the week - trip to the grocery store; after stocking the cabinets and spending a few hours lounging in the living room, it was time to cook dinner. Noelle almost instantly claimed her space upon the kitchen counter and watched with a calm interest while Jaida went to work at preparing a meal for both of them. She moved to the fridge after she'd cut her vegetables and had them cooking on the stove - repeatedly swatting Noelle's hand away when the woman would try to sneak a bite - and grabbed a couple of wine coolers from within. "So, what'd Andre have to say about you coming up here without him?" She opened both of the bottles before handing one of them to Noelle and leaning comfortably into the counter beside her.

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 638
Guess not,” she muttered quietly into Jaida’s side, already feeling sleepy just by their proximity as she snuggled into the brunette. The other woman’s arms loosely wrapped around her, and Noelle’s mind, despite the warmth radiating off Jaida’s body that was just a little too much, was slowly drifting off in the direction of sleep. Jaida’s shirt smelled like her perfume, and Noelle breathed it in, burying her face in the front and closing her eyes as they rested on the couch together – just barely falling asleep until the other woman, sleepily, woke her up and they groggily pulled themselves off the couch and back into the car.

The store was smaller than the ones Noelle usually went to – the lake house being in one of the far corners of the state where there weren’t as many larger towns around, but they found everything that they needed and with bags loaded and their hands full, they made their way back to the car and back to the house, where they took a moment putting everything away in the until then-empty cupboards. They settled on the couch, Noelle pulled out one of the sheepskins and sprawled out in front of the fireplace that Jaida had managed to get going, pulling out a book and allowing the warmth to seep into her cold skin. The lakehouse was heated, or at least the bedrooms were, but she’d always gotten cold quickly and the soft cracking of the fire along with its steady emission of heat was the perfect place for her to sprawl out.

When Jaida moved to the kitchen to start on dinner, Noelle followed, wrapping her arms around her narrow frame and shivering slightly against the sudden change in temperature as she hoisted herself onto the kitchen counter and watched with a feint interest as the other woman started cutting up various vegetables. Her eyes followed as Jaida stepped through the kitchen, taking note of the concentrated expression on her face as she dug out ingredients and measured amounts, and Noelle immediately noticed the precision with which she worked. It was almost entrancing to watch, and while her eyes had initially rested on what Jaida had been doing, she found them straying to the brunette; the way she moved, the way her neck dipped slightly under her jaw, the coloring of her eyes in this light-

-Uh,” Noelle was temporarily pulled out of her haze when the other woman handed her a bottle and broke the silence. “He wanted me to stay home,” she shrugged, pulling herself together quickly, “but I do what I want. I told him that. It’s his problem.” She brought the bottle to her lips, taking a sip of the slightly bitter drink and pushed a few braids around her neck and over her one shoulder. “He shoulda come himself if he wanted to be here.

Dinner was much better than Noelle had prepared herself for – Jaida, who ate chicken nuggets for breakfast and brushed off the food at a fancy restaurant for having the heads still on the shrimp, was an amazing cook, who woulda thought? - and they both went to their respective bedrooms tired but content. Noelle changed into a pair of loose yoga pants and a thin sweater, curling up underneath the blankets and switching off the light switch. The bed was cold – after sleeping in the same bed as someone else for a night – but it gradually warmed up, and as it did, she found herself pulling towards sleep. Before she managed to fall asleep, there was a quiet noise from down the hallway, and soon after, her own door opened on a slit. “Jai?” Noelle raised her head from the pillows, blinking sleepily as the other woman moved into the room and closed the door behind her. “What’s wrong?

wordxxcount ;; 911

is that a weed?! i'm calling the police!
With the day simultaneously managing to feel longer than usual - their departure from the seedy motel that same morning feeling like nothing more than a distant memory - while nightfall crept up on them surprisingly fast, the pair cleaned the dishes they'd made during dinner and retired to their respective bedrooms for the night. Jaida's bag was waiting for her on the floor near the foot of the bed and she hauled it onto the mattress and rifled through it for something more comfortable to sleep in. She'd been ready to change out of her shirt and into a loose-fitting sweater when she noticed the blinds in the window were still pulled open and she moved to close them. The street lights that she'd grown used to weren't there. There were no slurred voices calling out from the sidewalk below as bar-hoppers walked the streets; in fact, there were no streets at all apart from the singular winding one that they'd driven on to get there. They were, by all accounts, nestled in the middle of nowhere - a concept that, until now, had been almost foreign to Jaida. She'd grown up in the city, lived there all her life, so the dark emptiness that seemed to have engulfed the house in the short span of time since the sun had set was nothing less than unsettling for the brunette who was hastily grabbing her phone and moving down the hallway to the second bedroom.

"You still up?" She whispered, not bothering to knock as she opened the door on a crack and then pushed it open the rest of the way as she stepped into the dark room, immediately feeling more comfortable in the presence of the other woman. She paused when Noelle asked if anything was wrong, too proud to admit that she'd been too scared to sleep on her own, and quickly settled the concern that had been present in the other woman's voice as she scrambled for a believable excuse that didn't involve embarrassing herself. "Nothing," the door clicked shut behind her, "I think the heating might be busted in my room and I don't feel like looking at it right now. ...Is it cool if I sleep with you tonight?" She lied, but apparently required no further explanation before Noelle was pulling back the blankets for her and inviting her into the bed to which Jaida happily obliged, settling in comfortably.

Noelle seemed to find sleep easily and quickly, returning to her calm state shortly after Jaida had joined her in the bed, but it took the other brunette considerably longer before she felt settled enough to sleep. Encouraged by the low whistling of the wind as it rushed out from over the lake paired with the quiet skittering of the nocturnal animals that resided in the wooded area nearby, Jaida inched closer until she was nearly spooning Noelle. Her face found the soft space between the other woman's shoulder blades and she tucked her head there, curling her body until she was nearly flush with Noelle's back and let sleep come to her gradually, eventually fading out of consciousness as she reveled in their shared warmth.

They'd been just under halfway through their two week getaway - Jaida admittedly missing the bustle of the city, but enjoying the company that she shared - when the pair retired to the living room following dinner on a particularly cold evening. Jaida managed to get a fire going while Noelle sat nestled, shivering beneath a heap of blankets on the couch with what was now her second or third glass of whiskey in hand. Pulling a lighter from her back pocket, Jaida moved to join her, grabbing the freshly-rolled blunt from the coffee table where she'd left it as she lifted the blanket at one of its corners and settled beneath it.

She brought its end to her lips, holding the flame against the opposite end, and took a number of small puffs until she was confident that it was lit. "Does it ever get... I don't know... boring - doing the same thing every night?" she began, resuming their conversation regarding Noelle's job and Jaida's lack thereof from where it'd been previously cut off while she'd focused her attention on tinkering with the fireplace. Her warm gaze with its now heavily dilated pupils dragged slowly over the other woman's features as she took a hit off the blunt and handed it over, swapping it for Noelle's drink as she stole a small sip from it. "I think I'd get tired of it - of all the drunk men." She explained and a faint but interested smile pulled upwards at one of the corners of her mouth when Noelle commented on the women - though few and far between - who also visited the club.

"Are you... into that sort of thing?" Jaida's gaze moved slowly to meet with Noelle's and she intentionally let their fingers brush as she took the blunt from her and propped it between her own lips without breaking eye contact. She suddenly felt hyperaware of how close the two of them were sitting and her fingers itched under the blanket, almost tempted to reach out and make contact with the other woman's thigh. She took another hit from the blunt instead, the smoke feeling warm against the back of her throat as it swirled and pooled into her lungs and her gaze moved lazily over the other woman's expression, studying it.

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 615
Hmm,” she hummed, flipping over under the blankets with her back towards the other woman as she shuffled closer to the bed, before shrugging – even if it was too dark to see. She let out a neutral hum, pulling on the blanket a little to let Jaida know it was okay, and letting out a comfortable sigh when the brunette moved in and scooted closer. The wind howled quietly around the house, the noise quickly pulling Noelle back to sleep, and the last thing she was aware of was the other woman inching closer to snuggle into her back before she was out.

The next morning, as Noelle had somewhat expected already, it turned out that Jaida’s heating was fine. The woman continued to sleep in her bed, however, finding excuses the first few nights but eventually just following Noelle into her bedroom without a word, and despite how close Jaida was every night and how quickly Noelle was getting used to it, she slept better than ever. She kept a close eye on the brunette whenever things quieted down around them, and caught her stealing a couple glances that – honestly – could be completely taken out of context and meant amicably, but she could feel something brew behind it all. Something quiet that reared its head every night when she found herself fall asleep in Jaida’s arms or in the aftermath of one of the brunette’s jokes, when she’d be grinning at her with this proud look on her face and something would stir within Noelle.

With it, snow fell and they were more often forced to stay in the cabin, curling up near the fireplace that Jaida somehow managed to keep going nearly endlessly, and Noelle dug out a couple of blankets from one of the closets to soothe her shivering muscles. She’d barely managed to settle on the couch with them and a glass of whiskey – one of many from that day, and she could feel the haze settling in her mind – when the brunette came out of the kitchen and found her spot underneath the blankets close to Noelle. Noelle watched, semi-entranced, as the other woman lit a blunt before handing it over to Noelle, and exchanging it for the four fingers of whiskey that were still left in her glass. “Hmm,” she propped it between her lips, fingers loosely grasped around it as she breathed in and allowed the haze to merge with the whiskey mist that clouded her mind. “There’s girls too, sometimes. Drunk, too, but…” She didn’t finish her sentence, shrugging lightly as she handed it back to Jaida and took the glass back. “Like you that first night.

Their fingers brushed and Noelle’s breath stalled temporarily in her throat, a curious interest, mixed with a good dose of confusion settling in her eyes as Jaida followed up her train of thought with a question. Noelle’s fingers grabbed a little tighter around the glass, and she took another sip, only then realizing how drunk she already was. “Why?” She blurted it out, the tension rising even further when she felt Jaida’s fingers inching onto her thigh, and before she knew what she was doing, she was bringing the rim of the glass to her lips and chugging the last few gulps, before setting it onto the side of the couch. Her hands moved up, finding the side of Jaida’s jaw as she gently tugged her closer and her lips found Jaida’s, entangling both of them in a soft, short-lasting kiss that Noelle melted into. She sighed quietly when she eventually pulled away, lingering close to the other woman while her eyes remained closed. “…So much softer than I thought.

wordxxcount ;; 551

hella short. hella gay.
Encouraged by the comfortable haze brought on by the weed that she'd smoked, Jaida's fingers gradually worked their way onto Noelle's thigh where they came to rest easily. Her gaze, somewhat clouded but still significantly clearer than that of the other woman's, studied the spectrum of emotion that seemed to flit across the blonde's features before she seemed to stitch the pieces together and come to her own conclusion. Jaida watched, curiosity now boring into her own expression, with a piqued interest while Noelle hastily downed what was left of her drink and discarded the now-empty glass onto the side of the couch.

Before she could comprehend what was happening, Noelle's hands had found the sides of her jaw and she was pulling her closer. Jaida didn't fight it, becoming pliable under the other woman's touch, and nearly sighed into the contact when their lips finally connected, causing her heart to flutter inside her chest. Her hand lifted automatically to find the side of the woman's face and the length of her thumb brushed softly against the skin there, over the soft dip of her jawline. She nearly melted into the contact, unaware until now of just how badly she'd craved this (and how indescribably fulfilling it felt now that she finally had it), but she pulled back on Noelle's cue despite the way that her insides were still yearning for her - for more - and the gentle fluttering in her stomach gradually began to subside. Noelle spoke first; her low, audibly satisfied tone commenting on the softness of her lips and a gentle, dismissive smile came to her when she noticed how slurred her speech had become.

"And you're so much drunker than I thought..." the brunette teased and moved to brush a stray braid away from the other woman's face and over her shoulder, her touch lingering against the skin on her neck before she was pulling away. "Come on. Let's get you to bed."

It took a fair amount of coaxing, but Jaida finally managed to get Noelle off of the couch and into the bedroom where the blonde struggled to wrangle out of her own shirt before the other woman stepped in and lifted it over her head, helping her to remain upright - politely averting her gaze away from her undressed form - while she changed into a sweater instead. Noelle hardly stayed awake long enough for Jaida to change into her pajamas, and by the time that the brunette had crawled into bed and made herself comfortable, she was already sound asleep on her stomach with her face turned sideways against the pillow.

They slept later than usual into the morning and it came as no surprise to Jaida when she found herself awake before the blonde. She remained in bed for a short time after she'd awoken, hit by a rush of conflicting emotion as the sight of Noelle reminded her of what had happened between them the night before (while she didn't regret it, she only hoped that it wouldn't cause a rift between them and alter the dynamic of the friendship that they'd cultivated together), but ultimately got out of bed long before Noelle even began to stir from her unconscious state and moved to the kitchen to make coffee and breakfast for them both.

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 755
noelle thats gay!!
Noelle let out a soft hum, still able to taste the distinctness of the weed on her own lips where it had transferred to Jaida's, and she breathed in slowly, before blinking her eyes open. Her gaze, dilated and liddled and slightly hazed, met with Jaida's and she let out a quiet, slurred chuckle at the woman's words. “Heh… clever.” Her hands, loosely resting on either side of Jaida's neck, untangled and she pulled away, nearly bumping the whiskey glass off its spot beside her and, though her movements were slow and uncoordinated, managing to catch it and mutter out a quiet “oops” as her gaze met with Jaida's.

She was comfortable in her spot under the pile of blankets, warming her thighs and loosely resting around her hips, so it took the other woman a good ten minutes before she could convince Noelle to give up her little nest and exchange it for the bed. She eventually agreed mostly because her eyes were beginning to droop and the comfortable haze in her mind caused by the drink had begun to make way for a stinging headache, erasing the comfortable part of being drunk and largely making her a little cranky. With another sigh, her hand grasped around Jaida's as the other woman pulled her up and off the couch, hoisting her back onto her wobbly legs and taking her to the bedroom. Noelle's mind was sufficiently clouded that she began to pull at her shirt right away, immediately getting stuck in its folds as she attempted to wrangle it off her body and Jaida had to step in, freeing her from the fabric's grasp and pulling it off and over her head.

Noelle didn't remember much more of the rest of the night. She woke up the following morning, alone in an empty and cold bed, indicating that it'd been a while since Jaid-

Her train of thought ended abruptly when the other woman’s name sparked a memory from the previous night. In particular, a memory of Noelle's lips meeting Jaida's in a way that could under no circumstance be considered platonic, and the thought of it made Noelle's heart pound. Any residue drunkenness or hangover vanished instantly and she sobered up, stomach muscles clenching when she heard Jaida rummaging around in the kitchen. What if she'd made a giant mistake? Surely this friendship that they'd built from scratch would be over, ruined; she'd never be able to look Jaida in the eye again. Even just the prospect of having to face her had Noelle's stomach churn in her belly. She spent twenty minutes messing with her hair to postpone going out of the room, eventually settling on throwing it into a bun on the back of her head and slowly making her way out of the bedroom.

The sight of the taller brunette's back turned toward her as she messed around in the kitchen had a tingle work through Noelle's stomach and down her spine. She paused, breathing in before stepping closer and taking a seat at the kitchen table where Jaida had a mug of coffee ready for her already. She let out a quiet, undefined hum when the other woman greeted her, and instead avoided having to say anything at all by bringing the rim of the mug to her lips and downing half its contents. Things remained relatively quiet and a bit awkward between them for the rest of the day, until late afternoon, when Noelle was sprawled out on the couch and Jaida had nuzzled her way into her neck, kissing slowly until Noelle found the courage to dip her chin lower and find Jaida's lips. It had another rush shoot through her, beginning where Jaida's lips worked slowly against her own and moving down to where the brunette's hand had found bare skin underneath her shirt near her hip, and eventually gravitating between her thighs, where it settled in a low, even throbbing feeling that had her sigh quietly into the kiss. Her lips parted slowly, making way for the other woman's tongue to brush between them slowly, and Noelle's hand found the side of Jaida's face, the other one grasping loosely around her wrist and guiding her hand up under her shirt until it rested against the bottom of her ribs. Noelle's chest heaved at this new influx of sensations, at the intensity of her own need, and she shivered underneath Jaida as the other woman deepened the kiss, her hand still resting against Noelle's hot skin.

wordxxcount ;; 908

chicken nuggets & making out are the only ways to shut jaida up
Jaida, who had spent the last hour or so putting together a hangover-friendly breakfast, could feel her muscles tense at the quiet padding of footsteps approaching from behind. The legs of one of the kitchen chairs scuffed against the wooden floor and its seat gave a quiet creak as Noelle's weight was burdened onto it, but the room remained otherwise silent until Jaida finished up what she was doing at the stove and turned. "Hey..." she greeted, getting a gauge for what the rest of the morning entailed when Noelle responded with nothing beyond a quiet, acknowledging hum and focused most of her attention onto the coffee mug that had been waiting for her at the table. "I don't know how hungry you are, but I made breakfast. There's cinnamon rolls in the oven, but I made a potato hash type thing as well and I can throw an egg on the stove real quick if you want that instead." Noelle opted for the former and Jaida threw together a pair of small plates for the both of them and poured herself a second mug of coffee before she joined her at the table. The mood was hard to pinpoint and the energy between them felt different than usual, but neither of them chose to comment on it as they went about the rest of the morning feeling abnormally estranged from one another despite the close physical proximity that they were kept to.

It was late evening by the time Jaida finally felt comfortable enough to shuffle closer to Noelle on the couch. She'd smoked, Noelle refraining from more than a hit or two from the blunt, and the weed that was now hazing her mind acted as a catalyst as she moved forward from where she'd been comfortably nestled near Noelle's half-bent knees until her face found the dip of the other woman's neck. She breathed in her smell, lingering, and with a calm confidence she let her lips connect with the skin there. A soft tingle started in her stomach, growing considerably when she realized that Noelle had dipped her head away from her to expose more of her neck to her, but it gradually began to fade as the woman's head dipped back to where it'd been and Jaida was convinced that she'd have to break the contact.

Instead, Noelle's chin dipped lower and the spark resurged in Jaida's stomach as the woman's lips sought out her own. Jaida didn't hesitate, grabbing the opportunity as soon as it presented itself, and her hand almost immediately gravitated toward the other woman's hip where it found the bare skin above her pant line and below the hem of her shirt. She hummed almost involuntarily into the kiss as Noelle let out something of a needy sigh beneath her and the blonde's hand found the side of her face, her palm gently cupping the bend of her jaw while her free hand moved to grasp at Jaida's wrist, guiding it higher against the bare skin beneath her shirt until it rested somewhere just above her navel.

Jaida, who was in no hurry despite the needy hunger that was growing inside of her, took her time as she drew the tip of her tongue between the space in Noelle's now-parted lips. She tasted vaguely of the fruity drink that she'd been sipping at gingerly since they'd finished dinner and Jaida reveled in the chorus of new sensations as the kiss deepened. Her fingers inched higher, but hesitated when they found the edge of Noelle's bra, and she only dared to dip the tips of her fingers beneath the underwire, the touch still managing to elicit a reaction out of the other woman as her back arched higher and she pushed her chest into her.

A low ache had gradually begun to work itself between Jaida's thighs, settling there even as she moved to break the kiss, and a shiver racked through her as, with closed eyes, she finally pulled away. Her hand moved from its spot beneath Noelle's shirt to rest comfortably against the curve of her waist as she brought their lips together again in a series of soft, slow kisses until the need that still lingered within her felt sufficiently satiated. Her gaze flitted up to meet with Noelle's, but neither of them spoke - there were no words that could adequately convey the tangle of emotions that had both of their minds floundering and struggling to catch up - and instead, they both settled more comfortably onto the couch with Jaida eventually moving onto her back while Noelle claimed the sliver of couch at her side.

The strain that they'd experienced earlier in the day had faded completely, making way for something new as Jaida curled her arm around Noelle's back and over the soft dip of her waist - a position that was in no way unfamiliar to them, but had taken on an entirely new feeling as Noelle dipped her face into the space near her neck and breathed a quiet, content sigh. The thought of home - of Dominic and Zeke and Andre (of how this couldn't feasibly be maintained) - flashed to mind, but Jaida opted not to fill her head with worry just yet and curled closer to the other woman. Her head lolled and her cheek rested comfortably against the top of Noelle's head as she gradually fell asleep to the tune of her breath.

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 626
gay (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Noelle could barely suppress a second sigh, imbued with only a fraction of the need she was suddenly experiencing, when Jaida obliged and her hand moved upward to rest against the curve of Noelle’s ribs. Her touch was warm, hot against her skin, and sent shivers up her spine that resulted in a moan mixing itself into her sigh, muffled and trembling under Jaida’s lips as the brunette’s tongue pushed between her own.

Jaida’s fingers, meanwhile, were beginning to stray from where Noelle had left them, inching higher before they met the wire of Noelle’s bra, and another strangled moan passed her lips when she felt the other woman push underneath it; the movement, though minimal, sparking another rush between her legs as she positively began to ache for her, her need overflowing and clouding her mind. Her hand shifted from Jaida’s jaw, down her side, and found the small of her back where she pushed down slightly, allowing the brunette to shift her hips into Noelle’s and move downwards slowly and teasingly. It was only then that Jaida pulled away, leaving Noelle in a haze as their lips met again a few short times, before the brunette was moving aside and allowing Noelle to curl into her.

She was almost certain Jaida could feel the pounding of her heart where her chest was pressed against the other woman’s side, her breath still coming in slow, deep heaves as she settled against her, the physical proximity between them continuing to make her feel dazed for a short time until her mind managed to collect the shattered pieces of her heterosexuality. Her fingers moved up, stroking slowly along the curve of Jaida’s jaw, her pounding heart eventually slowing as she could feel the other woman’s heartbeat underneath the length of her forearm, and the regular, slow feeling eventually allowing her eyes to drift shut. Her last thought was how she was going to tell Andre about this, before she fell asleep, pushed tightly against Jaida’s side.

She awoke what felt like five minutes later, by Jaida shifting next to her and quietly muttering her name. “Noe,” a hand found her shoulder and Noelle groaned, blinking her eyes open slowly and finding the window behind the couch quiet and dark. “Hmmwhat?” “Let’s go to bed.” Jaida guided her off the couch, Noelle leaning heavily into her as they shuffled towards the bedroom together, and she sleepily changed out of her normal clothes and into the pants that Jaida picked for her. Just as she slipped her bra off her shoulders, Jaida handed her one of her shirts out of her bag, but Noelle didn’t take it. Instead, she turned, feeling wholly unbothered by her exposed state as she instead went for the tank top that Jaida had picked out for herself, pushing her face into it and breathing in before slipping it over her head.

Both Jaida and Noelle inched closer toward each other and she nuzzled into Jaida’s neck, breathing in her smell and allowing herself to revel in it as Jaida’s arms moved to encapsulate her. Their legs tangled, pressed close together on the mattress, and Noelle listened to Jaida’s slow breathing, eventually sending her back to sleep.

She could feel Jaida’s gaze on her even before she opened her eyes the next morning, the quiet observations stirring her from her light sleep. Jaida knew she was awake before Noelle could move, and tucked a stray braid behind Noelle’s ear, causing the blonde to slowly blink her eyes open until her gaze met Jaida’s. “Hmm…” she stretched, rolling on her back, only then realizing that she was wearing Jaida’s shirt as the memories from last night slowly began to seep back into her brain. “Morning, babe.

wordxxcount ;; 730

spoiler alert: they're totally gonna fall
Jaida awoke before Noelle did; the soft trickling of light that managed to seep between the slits in the blinds cascading onto her pillow and gently rousing her from her unconscious state. Feeling pleasantly well-rested, she didn't try to find sleep again, but also made no discernible attempt to remove herself from the bed as she lay awake upon the mattress and rolled onto her side. Noelle was still close, the pair only putting a few inches of distance between themselves during the night, and Jaida's gaze, tired but still containing its usual warmth, worked over the woman's sleep-enveloped features while she rested.

Jaida watched, half convinced that the other woman had woken up when a quiet hum moved between her lips and a number of singular, sleepily mumbled words followed in its wake. She listened curiously, realizing that Noelle's eyes were still closed, and it didn't take long before she discerned that the blonde must've been having a dream. An amused but endeared smile worked its way onto her lips at the sight of the imaginary conversation that Noelle was engulfed in that lasted a handful of moments longer before the woman fell silent and the eventual subtle changes in her expression told Jaida that she was awake.

She reached out, gently taking one of the braids that had gone astray sometime during the night, and tucked it behind the woman's ear to which her eyes fluttered open and she received another much more conscious sounding hum in response. "You talk in your sleep." She informed, unmoving from her position on her side, and allowed the backs of her fingers to graze along the length of Noelle's bare bicep. "It's cute." Her gaze fluttered up to meet Noelle's and her smile grew, but still appeared somewhat diluted due to her tired state.

The pair remained in bed together for a good deal of time after that, sleepily engaged in a conversation that contained a number of prolonged silences that didn't feel at all uncomfortable until they finally found the energy to go to the kitchen to make breakfast.

The days seemed to fly past in a way that made it difficult to keep track of which was which as they neared the end of their vacation. Noelle had grown noticeably quiet as the end date drew nearer, distancing herself physically as well, and though Jaida was sure that she knew the source of her sudden discomfort - which had reared its head in a way that started subtle but grew more intense after an unexpected checkup from Andre - she chose not to comment on it. They were on their last full day together now, scrounging up meals with the last of their food in lieu of making another stop by the store that would result in more that they'd have to take home, and it was still early afternoon when they stepped outside to smoke.

Jaida, who had flicked the butt of her finished cigarette into the snow, was lingering near the lake's edge while Noelle remained some distance away. She pressed the toe of her shoe against the ice and could feel the blonde's gaze on her back while she found the courage to put more of her weight into the step. She moved forward, both feet on the ice now, and smiled when Noelle called out that she was going to fall through if she wasn't careful. "You'd better swim out here and save me when I do!" She called back without looking, her full weight supported by the thick layer of ice as she stepped out a few wary paces further.

Noelle, driven by curiosity, fear that she'd actually have to go out and fish Jaida from the lake when she inevitably fell through, or some combination of the two, had moved to stand near the lake's edge when Jaida turned to look at her and extended and expecting hand. "Gimme your hand," her gaze flitted downward and she nodded toward her own outstretched hand when she noticed the doubt that had etched itself into the other woman's features. She clearly wasn't convinced just yet. "It's solid... See?" She gave a light stomp against the surface, to which it didn't budge or show any obvious signs of cracking, and took a step closer to the land, hand still outstretched expectantly. "Come on. I won't let you fall."

Last edited:

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 760
jaida is a liar liar pants on fire
The days that followed went by in a haze; the prospect of going home pulling at Noelle’s gut in an uncomfortable way that made her almost fear their inevitable return home. Truth be told, she wasn’t a fearful person, but the situation with Jaida – mostly the one where they’d made out multiple times now, and while the feeling was new, it was strong – had her dread the moment when normal life resumed around them and she had to return to Andre: a prospect that, honestly, sounded less than ideal. The cabin that they’d been at for a week or two had been almost a safe haven where they were safe from justice, and leaving it would mean they had to face the events of their slowly blossoming relationship under the pressure of having Noelle’s demanding, possessive boyfriend around.

Jaida noticed her subtle beginnings of quietness and the pitfall that she’d found herself in when, unexpectedly and in the middle of a strained romantic moment with Jaida, Andre called to check up on her. The inability to decide whether she wanted to drop these overwhelmingly strong feelings in favor of the security she’d experienced with Andre or lose her net in favor of seeing where this went pulled at her and left her in a place in between Jaida and her boyfriend: detached from both in a way that she couldn’t quite figure out herself.

That same detachment caused her to fall in moments where she’d lose her concentration and her mind took her elsewhere, back to her initial issue. She was usually only pulled out of them when Jaida would shake her mind back awake or when she forcefully pulled herself out of it; the moment when Jaida stepped away from the outside of the cabin towards the lake being one such moments. Noelle watched, eyes half-lidded from above the thick scarf that she’d pulled up over her nose, only moving it down occasionally to take a hit off the cigarette she held between pale, cold fingers. Her attention was drawn further when Jaida discarded the butt of her cigarette into the snow and stepped onto the ice with one food, evidently testing it for its solidity and ability to hold her weight.

You’re gonna fall in if you’re not careful!” Jaida only laughed, moving her other foot onto the ice, and yelled something back that Noelle didn’t quite catch but of which the gist was clear enough. Slowly, she inched closer to the ice, unwilling to go on herself but wanting to make sure that Jaida didn’t do anything stupid. Just as she reached the edge of the frozen lake, the other woman turned around – still wobbly – and reached a hand out to her. Noelle barely managed to shake her head, propping her cigarette between her lips again as she watched Jaida kick down against the surface, remaining unconvinced of the ice’s ability to hold their weight even as Jaida began to move closer.

Noelle sighed, her hand with the cigarette lowering itself as her eyes flicked between Jaida’s gaze and the off-white surface of the lake, and dropped her still-smoldering cigarette into the snow and took Jaida’s hand. “You better not,” she mumbled, stepping onto the slippery surface with one foot and leaning heavily on Jaida’s support as she attempted to find enough stability to pull her other foot in. “Jai, it’s- slippery as fuck,” her hand found Jaida’s shoulder, leaning into her in an attempt to stop herself from falling. Just as she found her sure footing, Jaida pulled her hand away and left Noelle standing there, by herself, with feet slipping underneath her.

Jaida! Get back here!” Her feet shuffled against the slippery surface, but she made barely any headway before Jaida was stepping away again, somehow much more surefooted than Noelle. “Jai, I’m gonna fall, get back h-

The white-blue sky above them blurred briefly before Noelle’s ass hit the icy floor and she caught herself before her head could slam down too. She only realized Jaida was laughing when she managed to gather herself after her sudden slip, and shot the other woman an angry gaze, feeling somewhat satisfied when the bubbling laughter that was emerging from Jaida’s lungs caused her to lose her balance and, much like Noelle, butt-slam into the ice. “Karma, bitch.” With some issue, Noelle managed to crawl back up on her legs, slowly inching back towards the shore where she lit another cigarette and waited for Jaida to be done messing around on the ice, before they returned inside.

wordxxcount ;; 847

spoiler alert: they're totally gonna fall
Jaida's fingers clasped around Noelle's when the other woman was finally convinced to join her out on the ice. She squeezed tighter around her hand, readily offering up physical support as the blonde planted a second wary foot onto the lake's frozen surface. "There you go. You got this." Noelle's hand moved from where her fingers had curled tightly around Jaida's shoulder and the brunette couldn't hide (nor did she really try to) the amused smile that had glued itself onto her lips in response to the sight of the other woman's feet threatening to slide out from underneath her. She shuffled the two of them a bit further out onto the lake, waited until she was confident that the other woman could stand without her support, and gradually pulled her hand away much to Noelle's apparent disdain.

"Babe, just step," she could hardly speak, already bubbling over with laughter at the sight of a wildly irritated Noelle shuffling after her. "Quit sliding your feet around like that or you're gonna-" In the blink of an eye, Noelle's expression took on a new emotion, some combination of shock and preparation and fear, and while they both knew exactly what was going to happen, Jaida couldn't get to her in time and could only watch as the blonde lost her footing and struck against the ice with a comical thud. "Are you-?" She couldn't manage to finish her own question, her voice becoming hitched by the laughter that was bubbling up from deep within her chest. She clasped a hand partially over her mouth in some attempt to hide her obvious amusement from the other woman, and it was just as she was sucking in a deep breath that she felt her own balance becoming wobbly and, without time to react, found herself suffering the same fate as Noelle and slamming ass-first into the ice.

She was nearly crying she was laughing so hard, still sat flat on the ice while she tried to gather herself and Noelle was already warily stepping back onto the snowy shore. She finally managed to stand - much less gracefully than Noelle had - and felt relieved when she found herself back on solid ground. She moved up the bank to where Noelle stood, smoking her second cigarette, and the pair walked toward the house. "You good?" Noelle didn't speak, her answer clear as day, and a smile tugged at Jaida's lips when she realized that her reaction was - mostly - exaggerated in a playful fashion. "Come on - don't be salty..."

Once inside, they got a fire going and Jaida emerged from the kitchen with two mugs, one in each hand, to join Noelle where she sat nestled under a thick blanket on the couch. "I'm sorry I let you fall on your ass..." she handed her one of the mugs as part of her apologetic offering and invited herself to accompany Noelle beneath the blanket where they - namely, Noelle - reveled in the warmth of their shared body heat. They remained like that for most of the afternoon, only moving once to retrieve the takeout that they'd ordered from the front door, and it was verging on nightfall when Noelle was showing signs of falling asleep.

"I still have a joint left. You going to bed early or you wanna stay up with me a while?" Noelle sleepily agreed and Jaida briefly disappeared into the bedroom where she emerged with the joint and a lighter. She lit it before she sat down, taking nothing more than a small puff from it, and offered it out to the other woman. As the minutes ticked by and the gentle haze of the weed began to cloud their minds, touch was exchanged easily between them, and a subtle need had begun to bubble up in Jaida's abdomen, growing stronger.

In a gesture that started playful, Jaida gently and calmly took hold of the other woman's shirt near her waist when Noelle got up from the couch to retrieve something from one of the other rooms. "Come here, baby." She coaxed, both of her hands finding either side of Noelle's hips as she guided her backwards and down onto her lap. Her fingers curled, gently keeping Noelle pushed down against her, and one of her hands gradually moved up to gather Noelle's braids and brush them over one of her shoulders where her lips took the opportunity to press themselves against the newly-exposed skin on her neck.

Her fingers, growing impatient, had begun to stray. She kept one hand pressed flat against the woman's abdomen, gently holding her in place, while the other gradually inched higher. Her thumb brushed out, grazing the underwire of Noelle's bra through her shirt, and she smiled against her skin when the action elicited a needy gasp from the blonde. Slowly, she moved higher, her chest pressed flush with Noelle's back, and cupped her palm over her chest. The motion, venturing much farther past the boundaries that they'd already dared to cross, had her insides fluttering as Noelle made no objection to the movement.

Last edited:

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 640
kinda short & not coded bc im on my phone
Noelle initially disregarded Jaida's apologies, the throbbing pain in her ass reminding her of her blunder on the ice and how Jaida had laughed her ass off – literally – after she'd slipped and fallen. However, both Jaida and she knew that she couldn't stay mad at the other woman for long: Jaida's perfectly crafted puppy eyes when she handed her the mug of coffee had her melt inside and although her frown had been static on her face ever since they’d gotten inside, she still shuffled closer to the other woman when she spread the blanket out over the two of them. “Sure you are,” she grumbled, but before Jaida could respond with anything witty, Noelle was leaning her face into the dip of Jaida's shoulder and sapping her body warmth in an attempt to warm up her pale, cold skin.

Neither of them moved away from their close physical proximity, Jaida eventually leaning back into Noelle's affections and pressing a soft kiss on the top of her head as her hand rested on Noelle's knee. The slow motion of her thumb against the inside of her knee had Noelle sleepy, and she only realized she was drifting off when Jaida pulled her hand away and asked her if she wanted to go to bed. Noelle hummed groggily, blinking a few times but ultimately failing at keeping her eyes open. “I'll stay up with you.”

Jaida disappeared from her side for a moment, and Noelle sleepily extended her hands toward the other woman when she returned, coaxing her back into the dip next to her. Her eyes blinked open slowly as she heard the noise of Jaida's lighter, and her fingers closed around the filter of the joint as she took it from the other woman, propping it loosely between her lips. The haze of the drug woke her up enough to no longer fall asleep, and she snuggled closer into Jaida's side, breathing in her familiar smell.

She’d just gotten up to get her phone from the charger in the bedroom when Jaida grasped onto the edge of her shirt, halting her in her step. Her hands shifted, dipping lower until they found the sides of Noelle's hips and coaxed her back and down onto Jaida's lap. The brunette's touch lingered against her stomach as she kissed up the side of Noelle's neck, touch eventually straying upward, and Noelle couldn't prevent the sudden needy gasp as Jaida's thumb raked past the skin just underneath the line of her bra. Her hand found Jaida's wrist in the same motion as when the other woman inched even higher, her fingers following the curve of Noelle's chest as she cupped her through her bra, and Noelle's back arched as she pushed harder into Jaida's touch. It continued for a moment longer, the other woman's hand eventually finding its way onto Noelle's chest underneath her shirt, and the sudden influx of desire that shot down between her legs was enough to make her get up, and turn around.

Her legs came down on either side of Jaida's thighs, and she pushed onto her knees on the brunette's lap, slowly coaxing Jaida's head forward and her mouth onto Noelle's chest. She kissed down the skin above her shirt, trailing up the side of Noelle's neck, and Noelle gasped again as she bit down gently on the skin there before her lips found Noelle's. She parted her lips instantly, fingers burying themselves in Jaida's hair, her stomach twisting and turning in response to the way the other woman's hands were working up the sides of her waist. When Jaida eventually broke away from the kiss, Noelle's chest was heaving, desperate; her hips beginning a slow grind against Jaida's thighs, and easily complying when the other woman began to pull her shirt up and over her head.

wordxxcount ;; 807

jaida's a tease
Encouraged by the needy, almost desperate, response that she'd managed to coax out of the blonde, Jaida moved without hesitance or second thought as she dipped her fingers beneath the hem of Noelle's shirt and reveled in the vast expanse of warm skin that had become available to her. With a newfound sense of urgency propelling her, her fingers ventured higher; her touch grazed confidently against the flat, toned stretch of the other woman's stomach, and she palmed at her chest with her hand, the thin fabric of the bralette that Noelle was wearing being the only thing separating them. Noelle reacted instantly, arching her back and subsequently pushing her chest farther into the touch, but before Jaida could properly react she was on her feet, breaking the contact, and turning to face her.

Noelle came down, one leg on either side of her, and straddled Jaida's thighs with ease. Jaida, who usually prided herself on her patience, had grown particularly needy and had no trouble complying when Noelle coaxed her head forward and her lips connected eagerly with the skin on her chest. She littered what naked skin was available to her with kisses, some sloppier than others, and raked her teeth against the woman's neck in a teasing motion as her trail of affection drew higher. Jaida's hands, which had continued to hold tight against the woman's hips but were begging for more stimulation, threatened to venture as their lips connected in a kiss laced with desperation. Noelle's lips fell open and Jaida instantly took the invitation, deepening the kiss, and in the heat of the moment her fingers found the edge of the blonde's shirt and wrestled with the fabric, pulling it up and over her head.

Jaida's lips instantly found Noelle's chest, the blonde now clad in nothing more than a bra from the waist up, and after another moment of drawing a trail of needy kisses against her skin, the brunette grew unsatisfied with what she could achieve in their current position and let her hands drift lower until her fingers were hooked beneath the woman's thighs. Hardly breaking the contact, she lifted, managing to raise herself to her full height under the burden of their combined weight, turned, and gently lowered Noelle back down onto the couch.

Her hands remained curled beneath the woman's thighs and she gently coaxed her legs further apart to allow herself space between them. Without missing a beat she reconnected the kiss and her fingers inched higher, threatening to dip against the insides of Noelle's thighs, and her waist became nearly flush with the other woman as she leaned in closer. The desperate, needy gasps that managed to escape their lips filled the space and had it not been for the brief moment of near silence as the kiss they were entangled in deepened, Jaida might've missed the sound of Noelle's cellphone ringing from the bedroom. She ignored it the first time, grew irritated by the second, and eventually broke from the kiss when it sounded for a third time in what couldn't have been more than a five minute span of time.

"Do you need to get that?" Jaida gave a nod toward the bedroom and the origin of the noise. Noelle declined, taking her by the jaw and pulling her back into a kiss, but the connection was short-lived and when the phone began to ring for a fourth time Jaida pulled away completely and disappeared into the hallway. She didn't look at the name of the contact on the screen, too focused on answering before it went to voicemail and subsequently rang again, and pulled the device from its charger and put it to her ear.

"Oh, hey, Andre," well this was awkward. "Yeah, Noe's in the other room. Let me get her." She emerged back into the living room where Noelle was still looking particularly dazed on the couch at the sudden shift in energy and she mouthed "Andre" before she offered the phone out to her. She listened absently to Noelle's side of her conversation with her boyfriend, uninterested in what he had to say, and it wasn't long before her fingers had found their way back onto the skin on the woman's abdomen. She smirked when she caught the initial fluctuation in Noelle's voice in response to the sudden touch and calmly resumed the position she'd been in before they'd been interrupted by the incessant ringing. Her lips found the skin near Noelle's collarbone with a calm confidence and she slowly grazed her teeth against the bone, finishing the motion with a gentle kiss. Her fingers dragged against her stomach, beginning at her navel, and threatened to dip past the wire of her bra; a subtle, satisfied smirk drawing the corners of her mouth upward as she writhed beneath her.

there's nothin' better

wordxxcount ;; 652
kinda short & not coded bc im on my phone
With a stirring desperation rising within her at every touch and every kiss that she shared with Jaida, Noelle shifted slightly as the other woman pulled her shirt over her head and discarded of it onto the other side of the couch. Being used to her line of work, the sudden lack of cover-up that only her partially see-through, lace bra provided didn't bother her much, and she gladly leaned into the touch as Jaida's hand moved over her chest, sending sparks down her body between her thighs. There was something different about the need that she felt in that moment from the need that she felt when Andre – or the lack of, actually. She couldn’t say she was confident or experienced in her current situation but the quickly amplifying need that rose up within her made her continue.

Jaida's lips trailed down her chest, dipping slowly onto the fabric of her bra and Noelle let out a hummed moan, her thighs dipping slightly further apart when Jaida's hands dipped underneath them. She barely found the chance to steady herself before the other woman was moving up, seemingly effortlessly lifting Noelle along with her as she switched their positions and put the blonde back on the couch. Jaida leaned over her, fingers dipping further underneath her thighs and inching closer, and Noelle gasped, letting out a string of needy whimpers and finding her lips again to silence herself. Her mouth opened slowly, and Jaida immediately grabbed the opportunity to deepen it, sending Noelle into a haze that she hadn't experienced before. Her hands grasped at Jaida's jaw, desperate for her and feeling like she might suffocate if they broke the contact; all the while, Jaida’s fingers inched higher over the bottom of her thighs.

She only realized the phone had been ringing when Jaida pointed it out, but she disregarded the noise immediately. Her hands found the other woman's face again, coaxing her closer to meet her lips, and she'd just gotten back into it when Jaida pulled away again and disappeared into the bedroom.

“It's Andre.” Noelle's mind took a good minute to catch up with Jaida's mouthing, but she sobered up quite fast when she did. With a frown on her face and a loud thumping in her chest, she took the phone from Jaida and brought it to her ear. “Hey, baby.” Andre didn't take any moment: immediately delving into the purpose of his call when he requested when Noelle was going to be home the next day or the day after – so he could use the car. She rolled her eyes – so much for a kind, interesting boyfriend – and shrugged. “I don't know.” She paused for a minute when Jaida moved back on top of her, her hands finding the skin of Noelle's stomach. “D-Depends on if we're driving all the way in a day.” She struggled to suppress the gasp that threatened when Jaida's fingers moved up and tucked underneath the edge of her bra, all the while attempting to listen to what her boyfriend had to say. “You can always – uh – borrow… Dom's car.” Her mind was struggling to continue the conversation as Jaida's fingers pushed underneath the fabric of her bra, cupping her chest without anything separating their skins. A shower of sparks rushed down her spine, settling between her legs, and she automatically arched into it, her free hand finding Jaida's wrist and keeping her there. “Babe?” “Sorry, I'm almost asleep… I'll call you tomorrow. Bye!” She hung up almost too fast, chucking the phone onto the couch and pulling Jaida’s lips back down toward her own.

They fooled around a bit for a couple more minutes but Noelle found that the moment had passed after her boyfriend’s call, and she pulled away rather quick, picking up her shirt and moving into the bedroom to change into her pajamas. “You're a fuckin' tease, Jai.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back