• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Zemrati Chronicles

Mercury fulminate can be made by mixing mercury,nitric acid.....wait,nitric acid is really high costed here.Guess I'll have to ditch the idea of revolvers.

The second point is that,I had never mentioned that my flamethrowers are carried by one person,while the gas weapons are wrapped within 45 layers of cloth before the toxic chemicals inside are burned to release the gas outside through a hose.Almost all of the tank is wrapped within the said cloth,except for the hose.

I figured it was because the deadly nature of gas and flame based weapons, especially hand held versions.

Eventually it would just devolve to you spamming armies of these and being completely untouchable.

Btw,the image has finally loaded for me,i shall start working on the location.Pls tell me if i included someone else's teritory in my location,because my shitty internet didn't load the others

cash dash hit the mark pretty spot on for me yeah.

and yes @Anaxial balance is also a reason. but its also like cash said, he could explain to me his ideas within the games and technological levels terms how and why its possible, aswell as them having a very high cost to produce, AND him having a Pro giving him a starting boost in technology. but for one instance the ability and cost of tooling parts for smaller versions of those weapons isnt there and what there is is way to expensive to be used.

and im pretty sure the cloth idea really wouldn't work nor be safe. soaked cloth is not a good sealant, unsoaked cloth is not good at being flame retardant.

Nyq said:
Btw,the image has finally loaded for me,i shall start working on the location.Pls tell me if i included someone else's teritory in my location,because my shitty internet didn't load the others
starting locations are hidden til you have confirmed your location. worse case scenario you might have to fight or migrate, but the Lore Round will make sure that does not screw anyone over though some might not get locations they wanted as much.

[QUOTE="Klimino Zepehphor]and im pretty sure the cloth idea really wouldn't work nor be safe. soaked cloth is not a good sealant, unsoaked cloth is not good at being flame retardant.

[/QUOTE]
Yes,gas would have still leaked out in the process,but that's the best way now

Nyq said:
Yes,gas would have still leaked out in the process,but that's the best way now
But you still have no way of producing the air pressure needed to make that weapon feasible.

Not to mention it would kill the operators and anyone else in the general vicinity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cashdash25 said:
But you still have no way of producing the air pressure needed to make that weapon feasible.
Not to mention it would kill the operators and anyone else in the general vicinity.
The guins done it the ancient Chinese way:they burn the gas,aimed the hose,and ditched the weapon.Now,their lives depend on their luck and speed

There are methods of having proper flame retardant materials, most require chemical synthesis that isn't possible because the concept of actual chemistry as we know it does not exist yet.

As an additional question could you also provide justification for your scientifically advanced society beyond 'we are cause we are'? Justification is necessary to at least a basic extent.

admiral9 said:
As an additional question could you also provide justification for your scientifically advanced society beyond 'we are cause we are'? Justification is necessary to at least a basic extent.
This is because that the guins were once a magical nation,which lost a large scale war to a technological nation.Since the war has passed,the guins basically ditched magic and started to become military extremists.And now we have the expansionistic CGG(details will be added to the history section later)

They ditched magic but still have magic, ditching magic would mean not using magic anymore.

Nyq said:
The guins done it the ancient Chinese way:they burn the gas,aimed the hose,and ditched the weapon.Now,their lives depend on their luck and speed
I don't think you understand how that works. The method you are referring to involved a defending force using a bellows assembly to pump the smoke from burning mustard into a tunnel being dug by the attackers. This required a large assembly and was completely nonviable in a field battle.

Well,looks like my cs has major problems,i'll have to fix that

as GM, ill simply end this.

both side have their reasons for thinking the gas weaponry is feasible or not, but in the end its really not very balanced, it would either be worthless or overpowered in the end, so its out.

Flamers: the technology for LARGE flamers were around ,but are costly and can be dangerous, but was much more feasible then and gas based weapons, they stay at high costs both resource wise and technological understanding wise, to a degree.

also cash himself didnt put as much justification into his technology level as some others, but he made it a pro so its there, you can still have higher tech so long as its balanced out correctly and the technology fits, feel free to post or PM other ideas, but many of the current ones simply do not fit with the technology level, sorry.

I've just found evidence for the existence of handheld flamethrowers in the ancient times:The Sung Dynasty has inserted gunpowder into bamboo to achieve the effect

Nyq said:
I've just found evidence for the existence of handheld flamethrowers in the ancient times:The Sung Dynasty has inserted gunpowder into bamboo to achieve the effect
those were hardly flamerthrowers of any real kind, and im sorry i already said no to it for a variety of reasons. if you need help or have other ideas you can PM or post here and we will help when we can.

as we are still waiting on sheets from @Nyq and @Nepty (and someone who has only PMd me), im more then willing to push start date til at least sunday, however to be fair to everyone else who has already posted their sheets i feel i must not push it back any further then that.

until then slots are still open for any newcomers who wish to join, and if any players need help feel free to ask.

once the game starts no new players will be able to join.

heres the last NPC faction for now, might add one more depending on final player count.

Race: Mal(human mutants)

History and description of The Mal Empire: Once human, they looked upon themselves and saw their own inferiority. Disgusted, they used massive amounts of magic to transform themselves, though the altercations did not go as planned they saw it as a great leap towards true perfection. Now creatures with skin like dark leather, faces a gaping, saw toothed mouth, with their eyes stuck firmly in rotating eye sockets on their shoulders, and a second mouth upon their stomach.

They are a vicous race, seeing themselves above all, wishing to utterly destroy all non humans and convert all humanoids to their superiority. They use magic like one breaths, seeing it as the end all, a power leading to god-hood itself if one learns enough.

They use other races as livestock, eating them as cattle, and think them so inferior they burn down all settlements not their own, starting anew from the ashes they create.

They are a darkness upon the land, a title they themselves claim and create, and they plan to leave no lands outside their domain.

Government: the Mal are ruled by the Immortal, a old, not even mutated mage, sitting upon a device that has kept him alive for unknown ages. More then once an enemy has attack him, cutting off his head or stabbing his heart, to which he simply slaughters the assassin with a wave of his hand, fixing himself like nothing happened. He is their god, he is their government, he is their will. He himself, cast the mutation spell, meaning he is also their very father, to the eyes of the Mal.

Con: take 1.5 Food to feed Manpower

Pros:

1) heightened senses

2)can look behind themselves and in 2 different directions.

3) heightened understanding of Runes

Con: Cannot Trade or make Alliances

Pros:

1) Heightened Technology(Arcane)

2) heightened Moral

3) can use captives as livestock(only gain 3 food)

Con: they cannot capture settlements, must destroy and start over

Pros:

1)they can convert any captured humans into their own manpower(takes a turn per 1000)

2) their presence and zealousness can cause enemy moral loss(depends on many factors, will mostly affect levies)​

added to the military section at the end of training costs and times this:

""one more note is that any and all magic users must be elite in training, due to the difficulty of learning magic.""

sorry and thanks. shouldn't affect things to much i hope.

Nyq said:
*insert pros and cons here*
this is much better, but you dont need THAT many Cons.

and could you please try and make them for the overall faction? i just feel it would add alot of strain to have to keep track of both your races and individual sections.

heres the Pros and Cons i think you should attempt to keep BTW,some edited with better descriptions and in game benefits or cons:

Nyq said:
-Guins treat other nations as inferior nations waiting to be conquered and are uncivilized barbarians.(No diplomacy)
-Guins have lesser strength,which is the direct cause of their reliance on machinery and slaves(Guins are not strong)

-Guins still breed through the reptilian method,but evolution has forced to give birth to only one egg at a time(manpower is only increased every 2 years)
Nyq said:
-Guin customs has forced them to abandon the research into magic 300 years ago(the CGG no longer use magic)
-The guins slow metabolic rate forbades them from running too often(Moves slower through regular terrains)

-The guins have breathing problems in high altitudes(which means that if someone guards an outpost in a mountain,it'll be a meat grinder for the guins)

-The guins,due to their slow metabolic rate,builds settlements way slower than others(the CGG builds settlements at the 1.5x slower rate)
Nyq said:
-Guins constantly research new technologies(Guins research technology faster)
-Guin troops have higher morale
Nyq said:
-Guins can survive extreme conditions due to their evolution from turtles(can make cities in coastal waters)
-Guins are war experts,and are able to command their troops more efficiently(faster movement speed through complex terrains)
Nyq said:
-The education system of the CGG creates a lot of intellectuals for the guins,and well educated men for their massive military machines(all of the guins know how to use basic machinery)
dont need to take every con as you only need 1 con= up to 3 Pros so try and balance them into groups.

Government, Culture, and History:

The Confederation of Dacia is an alliance of semi-nomadic tribes of various races, run by a "royal family" which has a member of each tribe married or adopted in to it. As such, all tribes have representation officially, though the royal family does show favoritism at times. Developed in a region of plains and steppes, the Dacians tamed the fierce beasts of the land to use as beasts of burden, food, and mounts. In spite of their being nomadic in culture, they maintain settlements around important resources, especially iron, which are defended fiercely and show a surprisingly civilized level of architecture, including stonework. A few fishing villages have been outfit as docks, though the Dacians are not a particularly seafaring group. The Royal Family forms the primary governing body, but each tribe also has its own elected representative to use when no member of the Royal Family is present. Settlements usually have a member of the family who is less afflicted by wanderlust than the rest as their governor.

While nomadic, the Dacians are not primitive. Developed over a long history of interaction between tribes, they teach a runic written language, and have architectural skills to craft age-worthy permanent settlements and strong defenses. In both settled tribes and wandering ones, children are raised by the community with the biological parents merely first among equals, and children never lack for want of advice or resources. They are, however, expected to learn, whether it be peaceful crafts or more warlike professions. Little distinction is made between gender or race in this regard; conquered or adopted tribes of foreign races are no longer rare at this point in their history. Criminals are handled in a two tier system; minor crimes such as theft and assault are dealt through reparations equal to the severity of the crime, while major criminals such as murderers and arsonists are used as fodder for wargames involving youth soldiers learning how to ply their trade-- and earn their first kills.

The religion of Dace is not given a proper name, but outsiders often refer to it as the Dragon Cult. They worship what they call "the dragon gods", A group of eight draconic deities, in five ranks. The top rank is The Elder Dragon, who is known as the broodmother of all life, and the ruler of all. The second rank are the Sun and Moon Dragons, the eldest children, twin siblings who govern life and death. The third rank are the Dragons of Sky and Mountain, the restless, ever-changing children of the world. The fourth rank are the Dragons of War and Peace, the eternally debating pair who govern interaction. The final deity is not a dragon at all, but is claimed to be the ancestor of all humanoids, Dace Issa, or "Dacia Herself", who impressed the Dragons so much she was allowed to ascend to the lowest rung of godhood, and was gifted the Wyverns of the land for her children, the Dacians, to care for.

The Dacian Confederation's military force is formed primarily of light infantry and various kinds of cavalry, though permanent settlements often maintain a unit of elite heavy infantry. Their cavalry makes use of Wyverns, a draconic creature with only four limbs-- two legs, two wings-- and a very bad temperament. However, their natural hide makes them resistant to damage, and their bite is both deadly on its own, and laced with a numbing poison (which is also used in Dacian medicine as anaesthesia). With their excellent iron-workers, and resources permitting even prefer to fit their light infantry out with a light scale shirt. The Dacian Confederation favors swords and guns over other weaponry, viewing them as the purest form of war; an axe, bow, or spear might serve a use outside of war, but a sword or gun will not. While tactical doctrines vary, the ideal mass combat involves using gunners to break up an enemy pike line, then friendly pikes supported by swords tie them up before cavalry lancers crash in to their flanks to deliver the killing blow.

The original Dacian race themselves have a lean, feline look to them; though definitely humanoid, with all of their body having the right human shape, they are covered in spotted fur like a leopard, and have a long, flexible tail and feline ears. It is their belief that all other humanoid races are descended from Dacians, and thus have the right o be ruled by Dacia itself. Even those that look very little like them are excused, saying that they were mutated by magic, but they are still Dacian in spirit-- if they would only accept it.

Pros and Cons

Con: Carnivorous

-- Meat is the only sustenance worthy of sentience. Farms only produce .75 food and Manpower can only be fed through meat, milk, eggs. Silk Farms produce only 30 valuables, and require 12 manpower per level.

Pro 1+2: Draconian livestock

-- By taming wyverns, they gain a much larger and more powerful burden animal / livestock hybrid. Both burden and livestock farms hold .5 amounts of animals, but killing a beast provides 25 food, as well as only needing one type of Farm for both burden and Livestock.

Pro 3: Draconian Leather

-- Wyvern hide is as strong as steel, but light as leather. Leather from a wyvern has the protection of lighter steel.

Con: Poor Integration

-- It is difficult to integrate from a settled lifestyle to that of the Dacian culture; there are many skills to learn, and others to forget. Other people take longer to integrate once conquered

Pro 1: Increased loyalty

-- The Royal Family of Dacia IS leadership. The greatest leaders, managers, and organizers are invited in to its ranks. Integrated peoples do not rebel or betray as easily.

Pro 2: Masterful cavalrymen

-- Wyvern-riding, to Dacians, is a tradition that goes as far back as knowledge of the runic magic language. Superior cavalry function in battle.

Con: Iron-focused

-- While excelling at finding iron, their obsession with it makes them sometimes overlook smaller veins of other materials. Mines of other materials than Iron produce 0.75 units instead of 1.

Pro 1: Iron runes

-- Iron's utility and strength is a gift from the dragons. Catalysts made of iron are more efficient all around.

Pro 2: Skilled ironworkers

-- Dacians view iron of special importance, and are masters of the ironworking craft. Need only .75 iron costs for everything

Con: All Are Free

-- Slavery of sentient creatures is abhorrent to the Spirit of Dacia. All conquered peoples must be fed as normal, but cannot be put to work as Manpower until they have been fully integrated.

Pro 1: Medical Traditions

-- Due to a combination of access to medicines and a distinct need for surgery because of wyvern-bites, the Dacian people have a long tradition of sanitation and medicine. Medical practitioners are respected , but also held to high standards, ensuring a constantly developing understanding of medicine and biology.

Pro 2 and 3: Nomadic Hardiness

-- Living a life constantly on the move gives perspective on the true value of things, as well a physical toughness. Dacians are resistant to exposure, poison, and disease, and the Dacian military requires 5% less valuable resources (IE, money) to pay for, after all other considerations are made.

The Army of the Dacian Confederation:

(Note on infantry: Levee units use chain shirts. Trained units use wyvernscale jackets. The descriptions below are fluff.)

-- Light Infantry Swords: Iron Tribe Swords

The "Iron Tribe" is the Dacian term for the military, meaning this translates roughly to Sword Soldier or just Swordsman. The Iron Tribe Swords are youths seeking to earn their glory so that they can be put in to more veteran units. They wear a simple iron chain shirt over their uniform, wield a wyvern-scale coated large wooden shield, and a one-handed sword, and typically form shield walls when in their own formations. In an integrated army, they're used to support pikemen, using their shields and swords to get in to an enemy pike formation and disrupt it, earning glory and, in the process, learning how to work in a unit.

--Light Infantry Pikes: Iron Tribe Drakefangs

The Drakefangs are the rank and file of the Iron Tribe, those Swords who ahve earned their place, and their wyvern-scale coat. They have good morale and average skill, and are drilled to be able to move as a single disciplined unit. In short, they're common pikemen. When combat has decayed past the point of a pike wall, they are armed with shortswords as their backup weapon.

-- Light Infantry Gunners: Iron Tribe Firespitters

The introduction of gunpowder changed the Iron Tribe's tactics forever. While Swords are more traditional-- and still used as garrison units and levees-- the Firespitters are considered far more vital to the military, and those who have the patience to learn how to operate their arquebuses skillfully are welcomed, regardless of combat experience. Alongside their firearm, they wear wyvern-scale jackets and wield a shortsword and scale-coated wooden buckler as backup armaments. The Firespitters' superior iron barrels provide increased accuracy over medium and long range than most other nations' firearms.

-- Light Cavalry Lancers: Drakerider Claws

The Drakeriders are what all Dacian youth dream to be, and the Claws are the most common of these units. Riding Wyverns in to battle with a coat of scales and an iron-tipped lance, the Drakerider Claws may be light cavalry by function, but they are far more deadly than other nations' light cavalry. The beasts themselves are often terrifying to behold in their thundrous charge, and its poisoned fangs are feared even by their riders. Once the charge has been finished, the rider pulls their longsword and shield out and gets to work in melee with no less skill.

-- Light Cavalry Gunners: Drakerider Dragonsbreath

Where the Fangs excel at charging enemy flanks and running down enemy gunners, the Dragonsbreath unit charges in front of the enemy and lets loose a volley of deadly blunderbluss ammunition. Coated in the same anesthetic poison in their mount's mouth, these primitive iron shotguns often disable enemies that think that they were really unhurt by the blast-- as they find they cannot feel or properly move hte limbs effected by the poison. Once the enemy is weakened enough, the unit can perform functionally in melee with their longsword and shield.

-- Heavy Infantry Swords: Royal Dacian Swordmasters

Equipped in a full suit of steel scalemail mimicking the draconic beast that defines the Dacians, the Royal Swordmasters are a multipurpose unit. They contain experts of all kinds in their ranks, from the iron-priest mages to siege experts to demolitionists adept at bringing walls or enemy siege weapons down. Their mages tend to focus on improving the morale and armaments of the army rather htan on direct action; it's no surprise that runes are found on almost all of the iron and steel equipment that Dacian's military uses. When used as a proper military unit, they wade in to combat with the heaviest steel armor, augmented by defensive spells, and hack away at their enemies with powerful, masterfully crafted greatswords.

-- Heavy Cavalry Lancers: Royal Dragonriders

The Royal Dragonriders are the legendary heroes of hte Dacian military. Forming the personal bodyguard of their generals as well as their most elite units, they are powerful heavy cavalry that seems utterly unstoppable on the charge. Armored in full scale mail styled after dragons, and riding Wyverns covered in steel barding that accentuates their draconic features while also protecting them, their thundrous charge breaks enemy units with heavy steel lances and furious armored beasts, before laying in to them with heavy swords.

-- Heavy Beast Unit: Berserker Wyrms

When a Wyvern becomes older, it becomes not only larger and more powerful, but more furious. Only bloodshed and death will calm them down for any extended periods of time. This is why most Wyverns are slaughtered before they get too old, and their meat held as precious gifts from the dragon gods of Dace. Those that do reach the venerable ages, however, are utilized by strong-willed beastmasters and unleashed upon enemy armies to devastate and demoralize them. At least half again as large as the typical drakerider or dragonrider beast, the Berserker Wyrms are not trusted even by their own forces, and the beastmasters use drugged food and long-standing disciplinary methods in order to keep them in line when on the march. It is rumored that those Berserker Wyrms who survive the combat may eventually grow in to dragons, themselves... and that this is the real reason why they seek to soak their scales in so much blood of the living.

-- Light Artillery: Royal Drakefire

Small bore cannons pulled by a wyvern. The cannon is light enough that only a single wyvern is needed to pull the wheeled contraption, and a second one carries ammunition. Able to be reconstructed within minutes out of combat by its crew of engineers, the Drakefire cannoneers carry special ammunition for sieges, which explodes with a special gas based off of wyvern poison that numbs and paralyzes those effected by it. More commonly, they also carry normal cannon shot and grapeshot.

-- Heavy Artillery: Royal Dragonfire

Pulled by a pair of wyverns, the Royal Dragonfire is not, as one might think, a single large cannon. It is an organ gun of seven medium cannons. Slow moving by Dacian standards, this siege weapon is meant to batter enemy walls in to submission, or when paired, rain a constant barrage of death down on an enemy line. Uses normal shot for the former, and grapeshot for the latter.

Race: K'vekai (Sing: K'vek)

Culture, religion and species:

"When the wolves learned to stand, and their minds sought reason and flame, the K'vekai walked from the crucible of the goddess and were given unto the world."

The average K'vek stands at six foot, their lean forms filled out with stringy muscle, built for speed rather than strength. Their snouted mouths are filled with teeth, and their coats of fur go from pointed ears to back jointed legs, to clawed paws, in many different colours and shades. With the rarest being the white, and the most common the brown - though all are equal within the packs.

Once, the K'vekai were a group of packs, held only together by marriage alliances and a unified religious cult - that of the Godess Maja. Even with her worship holding them in a single belief, the packs slaughtered one another over and over again; the strongest packs, were not always the smartest or even unified within themselves. There were occasions throughout K'vekai history where entire packs turned on themselves and butchered their members down to the last child. This near constant civil war was only stemmed by the coming of those known only as 'The Foe'. This external force brought fire to all the packs at once, obliterating many of the holy sites of Maja and ritualistically murdering her preistesses - thought to be demons, sent by one of the forgotten gods of their culture, the K'vekai united under one banner - that of their goddess.

The war against the foe raged for many decades, the only thing keeping the K'vekai alive was their fast rate of birth, their tenacity, and their fervour under the goddess - they had nothing else left. Eventually, with much blood spilled, they managed to push the invaders from their ancestral lands, and began to rebuild. Under the tutelage of the first High Mother, and the magic she wielded in the name of the goddess, they brought forth a new K'vekai society.

Under the tutelage of the Priestesses they began to follow a more peaceful path,

No more were the packs divided into warring factions - they were one pack, one people, and their entire way of life changed. Though still holding to their warrior traditions, the K'vekai began to search outside of their lands as traders rather than the raiders they had once been. Though it took many years, they built up a trust with their neighbours, and began to trade more and more - both within their society and with others outside of it. Soon, mercantile pursuits and the path of the diplomat became the most noble within their society. The second High Mother, Janessa Talderan, began the process of creating a council to lead them, controlled by the highest of merchants and their king.

Government:

The K'vekai still hold to a heirarchy within society; elected by their people who are split into seven regions, the seven Merchant Lords maintain the civilisation, ensuring the survival of their people and controlling their relations with other civilisations. These seven elect one - usually from amongst previous merchant lords or from distinguished leaders within society to be the King of the K'vekai - a figurehead and highly trained leader to the military, in command in times of war and when major disputes of the people or lords must be resolved.

But, over them all, the High Mother and her priestesses hold sway. Though holding no formal power, it is widely known that to defy the will of the goddess is to bring ruin down upon the whole of the K'vekai, and any king or lord who has gone against the very rare interjections of the priestesshood has seen their own people turn against them, and the Clerics of Maja storm their estate and drag them before the High Mother for judgement.

Military:

Citizen Swords (Light infantry): Every K'vekai is expected to learn to fight, and train at least once a week in their role. The Citizen Swords are K'vekai who have chosen the path of the swordsman with shield and blade and iron girded teeth, and have bought their own equipment for this purpose. Usually lightly armoured and armed, they act as strike infantry and scouts.

Citizen Pikes (Light pikes): As the citizen swords, the Pikes of the Citizenry act as a fast and manoeuvrable force to zone out enemy cavalry formations and act as a second line of defence to gun and artillery positions, while being disciplined enough to hold a line against even the fiercest foe. More heavily armoured than swordsmen, these warriors are slightly more resilient.

Citizen Gunners: Armed with Matchlocks and swords, the citizen gunners are the primary defence of K'vekai lands in times of war. More common than the warriors of the pikes or swords, they fight only in melee as a last resort - though those who have found themselves up close and personal recount of savage warriors willing to use their very teeth. Every member prefers, however, to stand off and fire.

Rangers (archers/scouts) : The Archers of K'vekai, these are merchant guard who have chosen to specialise in the bow, and in acting as scouts. Usually acting as outriders for caravans, they are called up in times of war to act as the eyes and ears of the Royal Army. Garbed in light leather armour, with their bows and shortswords for protection, the Rangers hold an important niche in the military arm of the K'vekai.

Merchant Guard (Medium infantry): The most common soldiers of the K'vekai, the Merchant guard defend trade routes and merchant caravans, as well as act as border guards and police forces within K'vekai society - with each Merchant Lord being responsible for his own force of Guard. They are armed as they see fit - some carrying muskets, others swords and shield, and some with pikes. All wear medium armour and distinctive uniforms.

Sorcerors: Less skilled, and less practised than the priestesses of Maja, the sorcerors are civilian practitioners of magic. Mostly formed of males, as female K'vek usually choose the priestesshood, they form magical garrisons for important lords, and act as augers and seers for scout units.

Royal Swords (heavy infantry): Seen only in times of war, the Royal swords are professional soldiers, trained for many years in the expectation of battle - however distasteful the concept is to the mercantile people of the K'vekai. Only the most warlike and hotblooded of the K'vekai join the Swords as their profession, wearing heavy armour and wielding shields and swords, they excel in breaking through enemy infantry formations and acting as flanking troops, usually leading a charge of citizen soldiers.

Royal Pikes (Heavy infantry): Disciplined enough to hold their formation even at a run, the Royal pikes are devastating in a charge - forming the centre of a K'vekai battle line, each individual is armoured from head to foot in plate, with massive pikes as their primary weapon, they are the elite melee forces of the K'vekai. They refuse to break, and oftentimes fight to the very last man in their battle lust.

Royal Guns: Far more elite than their Citizen counterparts due to virtue of training, the Royal Gunners are armed to a man with muskets, swords and armoured in chain. Drilling in times of peace, they are extremely effective gunpowder infantry, capable of chewing the enemy apart with quick volleys.

Grenadiers: Armed just as the Royal guns are, and trained just as strictly, the grenadiers of the K'vekai are men and women who are considered almost mad. Acting as shock infantry, usually accompanying the Citizen swords, they specialise in close quarters gunfighting, and using their highly volatile and near uncontrollable grenades to decimate an enemy frontline.

Clerics of Maja: Extremely heavily armoured, and called Zealots by many (including themselves) the Clerics are the male servants of Maja on Zemrati. Carrying hammers and maces, the clerics are capable of breaking through an infantry line with practised ease; with a lifetime of training and imbument of power by the priestesshood, they often find themselves seconded to the Royal Army in times of need. Their general duty is that of religious police, and protectors of Holy sites within the K'vekai nation, as well as the bloody right hand of the High Mother.

The Longfangs: Armed with heavy crossbows and pavise shields, the Longfangs act as the missile forces of the preistesshood, armed as heavily as their melee focused brothers, they can rain armour piercing fire down on a battle line, and provide a heavily defended bulwark of shields and chanting in a battle line within moments.

Preistesses of Maja: The magical arm of K'vekai society, the priestesses can be healers, or killers. Garbed in robes and light armour and usually escorting some holy symbol which becomes their focus in battle, they are trained in pairs to watch one another's back, and to fight with the fervour of the goddess. It is this pairbond which allows for them to cast mighty spells, and act almost as magical artillery.

The Royal Engineers: Deploying artillery and field fortifications, the Royal Engineers are entrusted with the operation of cannons, mortars, and rockets. Not only that, but they are equipped with the expertise and equipment to construct field defences, establish permanent fortifications, and bring the fortifications of the enemy down.

Dark-pelts: The Espionage forces of the King and High Mother, the Dark Pelts are chosen from all the branches of the K'vekai military, and are skilled in both infiltrating enemy positions, assassination and sabotage. They also act as messengers between military forces of the K'vekai, trained to retain information

Pros and Cons:

Con: "Horses? Who needs horses?"

The K'vekai abhor the idea of riding horses, and thus cannot deploy cavalry.

Pro: Speed of the Pack:

K'vekai move 1.5 times faster due to their nature, once descended from pack hunters.

Pro: Mercantile nature:

K'vekai valuables are worth double in value.

Pro: Fury of the Wolf

K'vek units are less likely to break in battle.

Con: Battle lust

- There is a chance that K'vekai units won't follow orders in the midst of battle.

Pro: "What devotion have you, but to your goddess?"

When accompanied by religious units, K'vekai forces fight twice as hard.

Pro: Diplomatic calling

K'vekai diplomats are accepted into most cultures, and have a higher rate of success in influencing minor officials.

Pro: The alliance of blood

K'vek are loyal to a fault, and will rarely betray their allies or lords without excellent reason.

Con: The Feuds

K'vek are very poor at integrating conquered cultures.

Pro: The Citadel builders

K'vek are extremely effective at producing fortifications.

1 Turn for fortifications.

Pro: Birth in litters

The K'vek are capable of reproducing extremely quickly, but laws are put in place to limit this when in peacetime, to prevent overpopulation.

1.25 birth rate in war.

Pro: The wolfish visage

K'vek forces, when in battle, cause greater fear to their enemy.

Con: We send not our brothers to death

Any war without adequate justification and provocation is considered heinous to the K'vekai, and the People will revolt if one is declared - the army, afterall, is made up mostly of citizens.

Pro: Citizen soldiers

As each individual K'vek willingly provides their own equipment, costs are lessened for citizen type military units

Levied and trained units cost .75 resources.

Pro: The blessing of Maja's wisodom

As the Preistesshood have been charged by the goddess to educate, all K'vekai have basic education under them

Pro: Natural weapons

All K'vek possess the teeth and claws of their ancient lupine ancestors, and can fight if needs be. This makes taking K'vek settlements exceedingly challenging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back