• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The year of the Rook

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Nuitari Delphiki

“Do. Or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
The city of Black Stone was once a city plagued by crime. Gangs and mobsters held the city hostage, while the corrupt Cops, Judges and Politicians benefited from it. 5 years ago, a new Police Chief decided to change this. He promoted his most loyal and non-corrupt officers and arrested as many corrupt authorities as possible. Others died eluding capture. The Chief, in one swift motion, changed the course of their city. By turning on the corrupt, he was able to gain a foothold. For 5 years, the Black Stone PD worked to rid the city of gangs and drug dealers. Now, 5 years later, the Chief of Police has guaranteed that the Black Stone is the most crime-free town in the country. They have reopened recruitment, and a lot of new faces are being added to the department. Will they continue with the new way of life? Or will they fall to corruption and plague the city once again?

Your job, is to simply choose. Are you corrupt, or good? Are you a rookie, or a veteran? Will you change the course of history, or will you fall into its shadow? Its your choice to make. They will be your consequences to bear.

David McBride: I got into my fresh new uniform, and holstered my sidearm. I had never carried a glock before coming to the US, and it sat firmly against my hip. I grabbed my extra magazines and loaded them into my duty belt. i put on my Kevlar over my uniform and grabbed my hat. I stuck it on my head, and shut my locker. My Rookie year had just begun.

I walked to the briefing room where a mix of uniforms and plain clothes officers stood around talking. I found a seat closer to the front, calmly waiting for the patrol sergeant. I was 5 minutes early to briefing. I saw a couple faces i recognized from the news and recruitment posters. Then i saw him. Chief Eli. The man who rescued our city from itself. He came over to me, and offered his hand. I stood and shook it. "You must be McBride. How was the trip?" the Chief asked. "It was good, sir. Thank you for the Uniform. It fits well." I replied. "Perfect. I'm partnering you up with White and Jackson. They're my best detectives, and they are more than capable of showing you the ropes." The chief said. "Thank you sir. I'm ready and willing to learn." i said.

Roger White: I pulled up to the station in my patrol car. It was an older 1994 Jeep Cherokee. It was the oldest detective car in the fleet, but the one i preferred. I stepped out of the car and went to the back, unlocking the safe i had laid in the back. I pulled my badge out of the safe and affixed it to my hip. I put my off duty weapon in the safe and pulled my sidearm out, placing it in my thigh holster. I grabbed my vest it placed it on over my hoodie, and affixed the POLICE patches on my vest. I grabbed my cuffs and put a fixed blade into my vest. I grabbed my taser and 4 magazines for my M4 and loaded them into my vest, as well as 5 extra mags for my sidearm. I grabbed my radio and fixed it to my vest. I grabbed my AR out of the back, and shut the truck. I loaded a magazine into the AR and stuck it into the rifle rack in the front seat. I shut the door and locked it, and then walked into the station. It was 3 minutes until briefing. "Mornin Ice-Man." I heard as i walked in. "Morning Mike." I replied to the Patrol Sergeant, who walked with me to the briefing room. "Is this the rookie day?" I asked. "Yep. It is. Chief is already wanting you and Jackson to take a new rookie." He said. "Oh great. Just what i need. Do you know who?" I asked. "Nope. All i know is the guy skipped the academy. Flew in sometime on Friday." Mike said. "Some hotshot huh? We'll break him down." I said. "Oh i know." Mike replied, as we entered the briefing room. "Ten hut!" I shouted, and the scores of Officers, Rookie and Detectives snapped to attention. The new rookies looking crisp in their uniforms. It was only their first day. They would learn soon enough.

It was a little cool out this morning as I rose from my sleep, finally a good seven hour rest... it must have been weeks since I had more than three hours of rest every other day or so. I laced up my boots after putting on a good pair of socks, today might just be a good day, it certainly feels that way at the least. After a few stretches I sit down on a piece of two by six raised up by a couple of cinder blocks and reach for my backpack. Inside were a few cans of food, chicken noodle, chili and a can of spam. Half of that spam was going to be breakfast. I also take out a small bottle of hand sanitizer to clean a fork. After eating a third of the can I cover it up with a small bit of saran wrap and placed it behind my seat.

I had made my way out to the industrial park to my usual spot, a five story, recently condemned building that had a good view of a few blocks of the area. Knowing a lot of drug deals go down around here I was sure to be able to get something to tell the police. I was getting a little desperate as the only cash I had was seven dollars and some change. It was still early in the morning so something was bound to show up...

David McBride:

"Ten Hut!" I heard shouted, and snapped to attention. "At ease." I heard a different voice announce. "Today is rookie day. All rookies will be assigned to designated veterans for training. Davis and Walsh, you're in car 8. Michaels and Richards, you're in car 12, McBride, you're riding with White. White has preference over his patrol vehicle, of course. Everyone else is in their normal vehicles unless i decide otherwise. Dismissed." The sergeant stated, and I went to meet with the detective.

Roger White:

"Lets go rookie. No easy days in this city." I said, walking to my Jeep with the rookie in tow. I climbed into the driver side and started the Jeep. "Don't we need to collect the less lethal?" McBride asked. "Nope. I have everything I need in the truck." I said, and pulled out of the parking lot. "Keep your seatbelt off, in case we have to jump out." I said as the rookie attempted to put his seatbelt on. "Yes sir." He replied. I drove around a bit, looking for my usual informants, hoping somebody had something for me today. Otherwise it was going to be a slow day for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back