• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Xerian Frontier

Protagonist

One Thousand Club
A man in a white trenchcoat and a helmet stands at attention at the fenced-off gate of the city. Slung around his back is a Submachine Gun. Light rain drizzles on his helmet.

He sees some people approaching. He holds out his hand in a "stop" gesture. "What's your business in Holon?" he waits for an answer. If they wanted to speak to the mayor, he might use the radio next to him to call ahead. But, other than that, the question was basically a formality.

"Do you have any ID? Just so we know if you're a Zion Citizen." He technically wasn't supposed to let non-citizens in before 8:00 in the morning, but the law was lax enough that if just one of them showed him ID, he could let everyone else in. No reason to keep people out in the rain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam was running through the field. His gun on his shoulder and his dagger in its scabbard. He was sure he'd lost the Gizaians an hour ago but he wasn't sure. He saw a village in the distance. His armor was a bit beaten up. He'd hoped in the village he could get a repair kit. He ran to the front gate asking to enter. "I'm a Zion android. I'd like to enter the city." He showed the guard his identification mark on the back of his hand to prove it.

Lewis sees a damaged robot ask if he can enter the city. He considers, for a moment, that someone might have beat him up, reprogrammed him, and then set him to self-destruct inside the city. But then he realizes: nobody's going to attack a city like this. He opens the gate and says "Good enough. Be sure to get to a mechanic before you fall apart."

Maxwell Teller

Stamina: 10 (+2)

Willpower: 4

Strength:3

Agility: 4

Intelligence:14

Dexterity:6

Charisma: 1

Stealth: 5

Perception: 7

Health: 120

MP: 40

"Crap!" Max yells as he drives away on his motorcycle. They had recently tried to communicate with a primitive colony they had just found, but Max had unintentionally angered them. Now, as a soldier next to him fell off his motorcycle, arrow through his throat, Max was the last one alive. He manages to escape with his life, but only his own.

Max drives on in silence for awhile, the only sound being the hum of his vehicle engine and his own muttered swearing. Max pulls out a holo-map and looks at it. It's too long of a trip to HQ to make on my own. Without the resources that my allies were carrying, I couldn't make it... there's a human colony only about 3 miles away. I could camp there and gather some resources.

Max continues the drive and soon sees a speck in the distance. Pulling out his binoculars, he confirms it to be Holon, the colony he was searching for. He quickly drives up to the gate and flashes his ID.

"Maxwell Teller of the 24th platoon of the Recon Corps."

@Protagonist

"Thank you sir." Sam says to the guard. "Time to find a mechanic and a repair kit." Sam thought. After walking through the town for about an hour Sam comes across the mechanics shop. A large sign is written on top saying Scooter's. He walkd in looking around. A man walks up. "I'm Scooter. What can I go for you?" he asks.

Sam replies "Can you repair me? I'm an android. As you can see I'm a bit beaten up."

Scooter said "Sure I can but it's going to cost you..."

Sam interjects with "I'm programed to be a mechanic I can work for yo so I can pay it off."

"Alright your hired. I'll fix you. Then come back tomorrow and you can start."

The repair process began.

Mercurio was slowly walking through the fields, collecting any medical herbs he happened to come across. His medical supplies were currently pretty scarce, and he was doing what he could while waiting for more to arrive.

Just as he put another plant in his bag, he noticed that a light rain started drizzling. Mercurio quickly checked to see if he had collected enough herbs. After being sure that there were enough for at least one week, he quickly started walking in the direction of Holon.

When he arrived to the main gate, he saw a guard, dressed in a white trench coat and a helmet. He showed his ID to the guard. The document didn't only show that he was a citizen of Zion, but also that he was a citizen of Holon. The android hoped to get through this quickly. It was getting pretty cold outside.

Lewis saw the military ID, and the Holon citizenry ID, he let everyone else in.

A little while later, a few xerians came up to him. They wielded spears. They were visibly miserable in the rain. Lewis stopped them. "Who are you?" he asked.

A Xerian man spoke to him. "We are looking for an Android which escaped us. Have you seen this machine?" he held up an image of a Ryan. Lewis shook his head. "No, I haven't seen any robots that belong to you". The Xerian scowled "By Renibus! I thought we had him." He turned to his men. "Let's check the next city over!"

Lewis wasn't fond of "Reclaimers" like them. Besides that, they could just be thieves. He saw a Zion logo on that android.

Then, his watch went off. He smiled. "What do you know? I can get inside, now". He had had to take this ridiculously early shift because the normal guy was ill. He walked inside the gate himself. He heads to Jack's bar and restaurant.

The city is square shaped. Lines of log cabins connected by barkdust roads. The city has a Parkitechture feel to it. On the northern side is a river. The capital building is connected to a watermill which powers the city. Above the capital is a large, dark blue flag with a white design on it. The design was Metatron's Cube, with an Eye inside of it. Written on it were the words "ANNUIT COEPTIS"

In the center of the city was a circle, where a gynoid in a cyan dress was giving some children a religious lecture. Behind her was a hologram, showing a diagram of the relationship of the gods. A circle, with one half white and the other black, with a star in the middle. In the middle of the star was an eye. The eye represented Theos, the star represented the elementals, and the circle represented the celestial deities.

In the far northwest corner, there stands a man holding a sign with ENIGMA propogranda on it. He's mostly ignored. There are a few signs scattered here and there, government-sponsored propoganda. One says "Tell your kids about the dark arts" and "Just say 'no' to necromancy". Another has a picture of a bedsheet ghost, with a warning written in red letters: "THEY LURK!!! Stay inside at night!".

Maxwell Teller

Max walks around, looking at the city. It's certainly a small city... but nonetheless it will serve its purpose. Okay, first things first. I need to find a place to stay for awhile. Max looks around before walking into a building. It turned out to be a repair shop. Walking in, he finds a man coming out of a repair room. Since he had no item on him, he had to assume that this "man" was an android.

"Hello sir," he says to the android. "Do you know where I can find some lodging?"

"Sorry man, I just got here." Sam said to the human. "I think I had seen a bar down that way. You should try there." Sam pointed down the road. "Good luck."

Sam aimlessly wandered the city and walked by the gate. Some Xerians had just been turned away from the gates. He recognized their clothes. "Shit." He thought "It's the hunters from Giza." Sam quickly walked away from the gate. He wondered the city more and ended up in front of the town bar. "Doesn't seem like a bad place." He thought. He entered the bar.

Maxwell Teller

Money:150

Max nods his thanks to the android and begins to walk towards where he had been signaled to. He soon arrives at the bar, and enters.

Inside is your standard fare. A bunch of people drunk off their arses. He walks up to one of the people who doesn't seem to drunk and taps his shoulder. The man turns around.

"What do you want?" The man grumpily says. He doesn't have a slur, so he isn't drunk. Must just be having a bad day

"I don't mean to bother you, but do you know a place where I could find some lodging?"

"Screw off." The man says. After Max doesn't leave for a second, the man snarls at him and pushes him away. "I said screw off!"

"Please, calm down." Max says, noticing Sam enter out of the corner of his vision. "I didn't mean any-"

"Doesn't matter what you meant!" The man says, standing up. On second thought, maybe there was a reason he WANTED to get drunk. The man assumes a fighting position. "You wanna go?"

"No, I-"

"Screw you!" Crap, I have to defuse the situation fast!

Lewis sat near the front. Jack was in the back, flipping pancakes. Surprisingly, Jack was a woman-it was short for Jacqueline. She was also of Xerian heritage, with visible pointed ears. Jack had a rather masculine appearance, and was a tad chubby, but she wasn't ugly per say. Lewis said "Hey, Jack. I'd like some pancakes and a coffee, please."

Lewis didn't drink (at least, not very often), and besides: it was far too early to be getting drunk. Nonetheless, people still did.

Suddenly, a person stood and clearly was about to fight that scout from earlier. Lewis sighed and stood up and walked over towards the guy and said "Why don't you just sit and calm down, sir?".

Maxwell Teller

Money:150

The man growled and turned to punch the peacemaker until he heard a whir from behind him. Cautiously, he turned around to see a pistol aimed at him.

"Sir, calm down." The man sat back down, angrily muttering. Max put his pistol away and the patrons looked back to their beers. Max then looks apologetically to Lewis. "I'm sorry sir, for getting you involved. Some people just have bad days. No excuse to be a jerk, but at least a reason." He sits down at a barstool and looks at the bartender. "How much for a mug of some light stuff. I don't drink very often, but today hasn't been the best of days for me... guess that's what I signed up for. Not looking to get drunk though."

@Protagonist

Rivan walked up to the gate. "Who the fuck are you, freak?" said one of the guards raising his rifle. "A man." Rivan replies. "No shit, Don't fuck with me, I'm wet and pissed." The guard mutters spitting out the wet Flix Stick (a type of cigarette which lights like a match, it's much cheaper than normal tobacco cigarettes.) that was hanging loose from his lips. "Don't you mean wet because you pissed your self?" Rivan replies getting ready for a fight. "Just give me your fucking I.D." The guard said lighting another Flix Stick. "I don't have one." Rivan stated blatantly. "Then. Get. The. Fuck. Out." The guard states. "How. About. You. Get. Out. Of. My. Way." Rivan threatens the guard. (What do I need to roll for a Sucessful threat?)

[dice]7015[/dice]

[dice]6996[/dice]

[Draw].

The Guard has a wand pointed at him, and he can tell that the guy knows how to use it. He sizes his opponent up a bit. He thinks it over for a second. Should he let a masked guy with no ID who just threatened him inside? Probably not. One the other hand, he felt this wasn't a guy he wanted to fight.

He opens the gate and says "Fine. Peace and Light.", he spits the last 3 words out with obvious disdain.

When he's clear, he presses a button on the radio. "I just saw a suspicious freak in a mask walk in without an ID. Keep a good eye on him".

Lewis says to Maxwell "No problem. It's my job to break up fights that occur in bars".

He gets back to his breakfast when he gets a call on the radio. He listens to it. It warns him about a suspicious masked man.

Jack says "Sure thing, hon." She poors a glass of Featherweight Beer, and slides it across the bar. It stops exactly at Maxwell's position. "That'll be 5 Grams". Grams being the national currency, represented by small coins. (Copper coins being worth 1 Gram each, Silver being worth 5 Grams, and Gold being worth 25 each).

Maxwell Teller

Money:145

Max digs through his money purse. He didn't know why he had brought it with him on the recon mission, but he is sure glad now. He digs out a silver coin and hands it to the woman. "Thank you miss." He says before taking a swig of the beer. He was born a heavy weight. He can drink quite a bit without getting drunk, even though he doesn't drink often. He supposed it was just one of those things. He felt more relaxed, not through the effects of alcohol, but rather through the taste of the drink and finally not having a bow aimed at his head.

Sam was sitting in the corner watching the scout and drunk argue. He had no clue what was happening. He was considering stepping in but that may conflict with the 3 laws. He was about to stand up but the guard from the gate stepped and stopped the fight. There was a drinking game going on. His lack of liver and his other android parts made it nearly impossible to get drunk. "Meh maybe later." He said. Sam got up and left the bar. A hotel was nearby. Sam walked in. He walked up to the front desk. "Hello ma'am. How much a night?" (Sorry if this is of bad quality. I'm tired.)

As soon as Rivan entered the bar most eyes turned to him given his imposing figure it wasn't surprising. "I'm looking for a job." As Rivan said this what sounded like clicking came from his helmet although he doubted any one noticed it, he started typeing on his wrist pad. "So what freak? Also take that fucking armor off in here, No heavy armor." The bar keeper said. "I can't do that." Came the reply Rivan typed into his wrist pad. "Then get the fuck out." The bar keeper replied. "No freaks, no Xenos." "The racism is unappreciated, care to direct me to" As Rivan was talking to the bar keep some one stepped infront of him and the bar keep started serving them.

Jason pulled his goggles off his eye's and rested them on his head as he heard the caravan come to stop. Ny was lying on the caravan's seat, fast asleep. Jason and Ny had been traveling with the caravan for awhile, selling there services to anyone in need. In his spare time, Jason had been working on a side project. At first, he was going to sell the contraption to the highest bidder, but as the project came along, he decided to keep it for himself. Jason set his plasma torch down and smiled as he looked down at the weapon. It was complete! "All right, here we are. Horizion."

Jason grabbed the large cannon and slung it over his shoulder. The weapon was crude in appearance and looked like it had been found in a futuristic junkyard, but it was functional, and that was all that mattered. As Jason jumped out of the caravan, thanked the owner, and woke up Ny, who took a moment to fully awaken, he approached the guards and dug through his pockets, pulling out his I.D. "Here you are, mister!" The guard loked over the plastic card and looked back to the 18 year old before stepping aside. Jason waltzed through the two and looked back to see Ny approach the guard', rubbing her eyes and yawning. She pulled out her I.D card and slipped it back into her pocket before walking past Jason. "Let's go to a bar or something. I need a drink," Ny said, already walking off to find a pub. Jason smirked at the older woman and followed behind her.

Ny burst through the bar's doors and sat down next to Maxwell. She pulled out her wallet and slid a couple of dollar's to the bartender. "Give me a whiskey, no ice. I like my liquor hard."

Maxwell Teller

Max looks as the pair sit next to him. Hmm... I should still try to find some lodging. Maybe I can ask these two? But first, I need to make sure they are locals. Otherwise they may not know. "Do you come here often?" He says to Ny, before realizing how much that sounds like a pickup line and almost faceplates. "That came out wrong. Do you know your way around here?"

Ny looked to Maxwell and shook her head no. "We just showed up. We got lucky and found this place." Ny looked in front of her to see three shot glasses in front of her, each filled to the brim with whiskey. She picked up the first glass and downed it before turning back to Maxwell. "I'm guessing you just showed up as well."

Maxwell Teller

Max nods and takes another drink. "I'm part of the Recon Corps. I came here not too long ago after a failed mission. I need to gather supplies to move back to base." He pulls out his holo map and looks at it a few moments before sighing and putting it back. "I have a lot to go... I don't suppose you happened to find open lodging on your way here?"

Jack grabs a bottle and says "چیز مطمئن ، عزیز" in the Xerian Native tongue. She slides a shot glass down to her seat filled with whiskey.

"That'll be 5 Grams."

Lewis hears Max ask where some lodging is. He says "Next to the bar is an inn, run by Mr. Price. Tell him I sent you."

He takes a sip of coffee, and starts waking up.

Rivan asks if there's any jobs available, and Lewis points to a screen on the wall.

It actually has a lot of jobs, for all sorts of people.

It says:

Warning: Possiblity of Zombie Attack in 16 hours.

Food Surplus: 150 Food Units. 5 Gardening machines in place. Each Garden has 50% chance of producing up to 15 Food units per day. 75 units are needed every day. Possible food shortage eminent. Hunting will be rewarded.

Surplus Scrap: 50 Spare Scrap Metal.

Surplus Power: 200 Energy Units total. 55 Power used a day.

Jobs:

-Medics: Build emergency medkits (takes an hour to build one, costs 10 parts and 10 food each). Or, assist any other people leaving the area.

-Engineers: Construct Barbed Wire for fences (20 parts and an hour for each side you construct). Construct another gardening machine for 20 parts, 10 food, and 2 hours. Each Machine takes 5 energy a day. Construct a Solar Panel for 20 parts and 2 Hours. Provides 5 power per turn.

-Anyone: Hunt and Forage for extra food, medical supplies, scrap parts, and batteries. There's reports of an abandoned area where you might find the latter two.

Maxwell Teller

Max heres Lewis and nods thankfully, "And what name is to be told to this Mr. Price, of the one who sent me?" He then looks over at the jobs for a moment. Nothing for me. I have minor medical knowledge, but not enough to make medical kits. Hmm... I wonder if this town needs more recon soldiers. They seem to have a good garrison, but maybe...

Jason and Ny looked over to the board that Lewis pointed to and began to read it. Jason grinned at the sight while Ny frowned and downed another shot of whiskey. The two stood and walked over to it to get a better look. "I could use the credit's...." Ny said, tracing her finger along the board. "I could use the food!" Jason said, turning to exit the bar, Ny following behind him. Jason got work on the barbed wire fences while Ny went out hunting.

Maxwell Teller

Max looks back to the board as he waited for an answer, when he noticed something. Zombie Attack. They might need recon to keep track of it. Surely I can get some money off of that. I mean, normally I get a steady paycheck back home, but seeing as I'm not there, maybe I can request the money up front? Or freelance? Max frowns. No, if it's not something that can give me money, I'll still do it. It's my job as a good citizen to help the people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back