• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building The World of Ioria {OCC}

eutemia-i.italic.png

rtb_divider_1b2.png

Arkos looked down at the numerous papers sprawled over his desk. Since the departure of Bellatrix, and after cleaning off that very, very difficult to remove lipstick stain, Arkos had avoided the princess. Not because he did not wish to see her, but because he had to prepare. It had been.. difficult, to find the victim of Lucilla's 'game'. He had to comb the records of all the bodies found within the week, rule out those that were not obvious suicides and then, from what remained, pick the victim that Lucilla would have chosen. Maria Vinceia, a human, little more then a child. Slit her own throat while running from an invisible predator, having stolen her father's dagger as a means to defender herself. She had a mother and younger brother as well, an impoverished family that had recently moved nearby in an attempt to make a new living for themselves after their town was torn apart by a Green Carnival cultist group where their eldest boy, Rothan, fell defending the town as part of the militia. Tragedy seemed to have followed the family, and Arkos didn't doubt that it was that sadness and aura of death that she had, perhaps subconsciously, fixated on. Maria Vinceia. Arkos had taken pains to visit the family, as unwanted as someone like him was, and pay his respects at the child's funeral, a pitiful affair that was little more then a dug out hole in the back end of nowhere as they could not afford the fees for hallowed ground which meant their little one was at risk of being raised by any necromancer desiring to 'test their skills'. He had left the girl flowers, lilies. He had wanted to offer to pay for her body to be moved to hallowed grounds, but they did nto yet understand why their daughter had taken her own life, and him doing so would alert them, no, this was not his mess to clean up. The princess was old enough to face her consequences, and by all the Gods, she would do so.

Arkos tapped his finger upon his desk, the metallic gauntlet echoing throughout the study as it clashed with the dark walnut as he waited. He had sent a royal invitation to the Vinceia family, they had the honor of a royal audience with the princess, something said princess was not yet aware of. How he proceeded all depending on how she handled it and.. her reaction. If he did not believe she could be saved, he wouldn't. He loved her, truly did, not as much as Bellatrix, perhaps, but he had doted on her as a child even if he never let her know that, leaving her gifts and small trinkets in places she would stumble upon them. Protecting her from afar from dangers she would nearly stumble into, occasionally he would walk by to stop her from tripping or doing something dangerous 'just on time'. But, she was older now. She could not be coddled, and if she could not be saved, if she could not be salvaged... then she was already too far gone and she could not be allowed to rule and a prominent noble should, in his opinion, be named heir apparent. If she could... perhaps they would take a tour of her future kingdom, let her see the people as they are. Force her to work the fields, see the world as it truly is through the eyes of a normal being instead of in the lap of luxury where the problems of the world were far away and the only struggles were those she read about in novels about the lives of others. Arkos' thoughts were interrupted by a servant who paused only to bow and avoid eye socket contact, "The Princess is yelling for you, I assume the young mistress desires your presence in the throne room. Also the guest have arrived," the servant said being sure to stress the word 'guest' enough to let Arkos know his thoughts on their lesser born visitors.

Arkos gave a single nod, "Have our guest await us outside of the throne room, I shall be there shortly, and I shall summon them in for their audience when we are ready," the servant bowed to leave but Arkos held up his hand, stalling him, "Treat them with respect," and with that final order, Arkos waved the servant off with a flick of his wrist.

rtb_divider_1b2.png

Arkos passed by the family, their dirty, patched clothes showing their finical state, but it was not what drew his.. attention, it was how shallow and broken they appeared. The son, boy must be no more then seven, kept trying to make sense of what happened, the mother, little more then skins and bones, had the look of a woman who had all but given up on the world, and the father... Arkos wasn't sure what he was looking at... or if he truly knew what was going on anymore. He did not know their pain, and he would never attempt to, so as he passed them he gave them a single nod and held up his hand for them to wait as he pushed open the doors to the throne room and approached the princess.

"What you need of me will need to wait for the time being, my princess," Arkos said, his frayed cape rustling against his rusting armor as he approached her, his old boots a stark contrast from the beautiful obsidian floor below him, "You have people that require an audience with their Crown Princess, here on my invitation."

Arkos gave a slight bow and motioned to the large thrown at the end of the hall, "If you would please take your seat, I shall order them in and begin introductions."

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof
KhalZhavvorsa KhalZhavvorsa
Uhm Cosmo, it appears you didn't read my posts at all. And the ooc.

Maria was a citizen and noble of Ragnavar, that was on a kind of vacation in Quanni.

Uhm Cosmo, it appears you didn't read my posts at all. And the ooc.

Maria was a citizen and noble of Ragnavar, that was on a kind of vacation in Quanni.

I missed the small portion on the bottom of your other character. I read luc's post quite well as I scoured for a last name. ._. Doesn't matter that much, I'll modify some details.

I missed the small portion on the bottom of your other character. I read luc's post quite well as I scoured for a last name. ._. Doesn't matter that much, I'll modify some details.
Yeah, if you want her to meet the family, you got to get them from ragnavar, that´s quite a bit of way XD

Yeah, if you want her to meet the family, you got to get them from ragnavar, that´s quite a bit of way XD

No, its easy enough. They were with her on vacation. At least, now they are. Failing that, a message was sent and they came to recover the body of their daughter, in which case, he summoned them then.

Lets not make this overly tedious.

No, its easy enough. They were with her on vacation. At least, now they are. Failing that, a message was sent and they came to recover the body of their daughter, in which case, he summoned them then.

Lets not make this overly tedious.
Hm, not what i planned for, but i dont want your entire post useless, so yeah, lets do that, its a good idea.

Im gonna reread the edited version and work on my reply, after i ate

I need some help getting ideas for my character and his involvement in this RP, any help would be appreciated.

So what does Masalin look like? You said it was tropical and on the water, but what else? Is there a castle? Are there cliffs? Is it accessable by land or is it an island?

a slight demon incursion?
Uh..the cultist? Would rather that..not happen for bit.

So what does Masalin look like? You said it was tropical and on the water, but what else? Is there a castle? Are there cliffs? Is it accessable by land or is it an island?
No castle. Just a giant hut like building that holds meetings and stuff. Its an island. Cliffs and all are there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back