• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ☆ the wizarding world, detailed only please ☆

UncoordinatedPisces

Realising your username doesn't fit :(
Uncoordinated Pisces at your service, a roleplay within the wizarding world would be lovely!

I'm a British roleplayer with around 6-7 years of experience, across multiple genres and fandoms, playing both female and male characters with relative ease. I've been inspired because I've been listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks, which is a lovely experience that builds on just reading or watching. I am prone to disappearing from the site, but working on making that happen less frequently. I'm always busy in real life, but will let you know when I can't post.

As a side note to me being busy, the planning process for this OC driven Harry Potter roleplay will take a bunch of time and effort from both of us given that there will be multiple characters involved. I do not expect to be making a first post for three weeks at least. If you're comfortable with a bunch of planning and OOC chatter for now, we'll get on great!

If you're interested please PM or post below. Make sure you fit my requirements before you do so <3

What are my requirements?

I'm looking for people that are 16+ preferably, just because I want to be able to explore darker themes. If you're around my age (20), that's even better!

OOC
This is something I've never really considered before, but realise it plays more of a role than ever with me. I'm the sort to get very excited about a roleplay, and I need a partner who can share the excitement with me. I want us both to be enthusiastic. A part of this is developing good OOC relations. I'm almost always around to talk OOC, and that's where the real connection is found. There's nothing nicer than finding out you share things in common, and for me, when I meet a genuinely lovely person through roleplay, that is always a huge win. I'm available to talk through a couple of IMs too usually.

Activity

When it comes to activity, this will be very varied. Right now, I'm not actually that free. My period of mostly freedom starts in June and finishes in September. However, in the mean time, I am more than welcome to plan extensively and get the ball rolling in plotting and characters! I'll be able to start the RP, just won't be able to give consistent replies. When June rolls around, I can probably give you a post every other day. I'd ask you to match this as best you can, but I'd be able to function with two posts a week for something as extensive as this.

Post Length
My responses are at least two-three detailed paragraphs per character I am playing (so probably around 400 words per character), it all depends what is required of me within a post. Some of my starters have amassed to near 2,000 words, so I'm capable of long, long replies. My grammar, spelling and general use of varied vocab are normally always good, though slips up do happen! With this is mind, I do expect you to produce a minimum of 2-3 paragraphs per character - a few typos are completely fine, I do it all the time, but make sure your post is readable!

Pairings/Genders
I am comfortable playing both male and female characters, and I really hope you feel the same. Its not that I dislike people who only play female (because that is the most common denominator on this site), because honestly, I prefer playing female, definitely if I'm not doubling. I have the most experience with MxF and FxF, so that's what I would prefer to do. However, I'm open to suggestions on MxM and will consider it if it seems like a good option. I do not play transgender characters or non-conforming characters as I have no experience. However, I don't mind playing against them in a non-romantic way, I just don't feel educated enough to depict a relationship.

Doubling/Multiple Characters
For this roleplay, multiple characters is a must. At least three each would ideal.

Plotting/Character Sheets

I need us both to be actively plotting and working things out as we go along. This wasn't always important to me, but I realise that it maintains my excitement! I will not be pulling all the weight with plotting, so we both have to take part. My opinions are mixed on character sheets. I do want them, but how detailed they need to be is another question. For now, I'm going to suggest detailed character sheets before a roleplay begins. No anime pictures, just face-claims or realistic artwork.

What do I actually want to RP?

The year is 2008, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry has returned to its glory ten years after the Great Battle. The wizarding world is well into its recovery after the trauma and upset of the Dark Lord's spree of terror. Our story revolves around a bright and hopeful bunch about to start their first year in this mystical school. What do the years ahead of them have in store? Will they become just adventurous as those who walked the corridors with Harry Potter? Will the tensions of the past brew and arise through new forms? We'll see them through the years, through their friendships, through their budding romances, through the good times and the bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back